Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
We're investigating issues related to default values affecting Macros and API scripts.
Advertisement Create a free account

Official [AD&D 2E Revised] Update thread

That is indeed the sheet of which I spoke. And it is in no way a necessity prolly just a bit of nostalgia, lol. As for your sheet being complex it was far less manageable a year ago. To give you an idea a have 5e players that I am introducing to the one "true" version. A year or so ago they wouldn't even attempt but with the added functionality like the self-populating stats and spells they no longer cower in fear. 
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Zombie_Hawk said: That is indeed the sheet of which I spoke. And it is in no way a necessity prolly just a bit of nostalgia, lol. As for your sheet being complex it was far less manageable a year ago. To give you an idea a have 5e players that I am introducing to the one "true" version. A year or so ago they wouldn't even attempt but with the added functionality like the self-populating stats and spells they no longer cower in fear.  I feel your strugle :P I also have a 5e player that I am trying to convert. It is a long process. To be honest a lot of these features I work on is mainly for my own games as my players need all the handholding that they can get :P

Edited 1632984574
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Monster sheet improvements! 4.2.0 Github PR:  Pull Request As mentioned previously the repeating monster variants  how now been permanently deleted, and in its stead, new features for the monster sheet has been added. Additional attacks for monsters A repeating table for monster attacks has been added. This allows for many more than then standard 3 normal and 1 special attack. This table also uses the logic for auto populating weapons, used for the Player sheet. A few notes on this The monster table is greatly simplified, removing columns, such as strength and dexterity bonuses, as monsters to no have attributes. Monster proficiency is also removed as it is assumed that monsters are proficient with the weapons that they carry (DMG p. 45) Attack adjustments are added directly to the ThAC0, thus if a weapon is a "Club +2" then the thaco calculation will be '@{monsterthac0} - 2' (improving the ThAC0 by 2) Damage adjustments from magical weapons are added directly to the damage field. The Damage field only populate weapons S/M damage. This is done to keep the table simple, and because it is assumed that monsters will hit players most of the time, and players are generally S/M.     If someone desires both the S/M and L category for weapons, please let me know so that I can add it. The publicity of Hit, Damage, and Special damage are all controlled by the switch used for the static attack buttons. Thus monster attacks can be public to all players, or only sent to the GM. Thus if a GM clicks the attack, only he can see it. Wizard and priest spells for monsters Wizard and priest spells has been added to the monster sheet. The same auto fill logic as used for players is used for monster spells Monsters only have a single section for spells, as monsters in general have a very limited assertion of spells, thus making it easier to get an overview with just one section The field to keep track of the caster level of the monster has been added. This field is the same as for the players, ie. @{level-wizard} and @{level-priest}, so do not create a monster on the same sheet as a PC spell caster. This is done since all the spells use this field for calculating values A datalist has been added for easier auto fill of the monster Wizard caster level and Priest caster level Monster datalists Added datalists for the following monster fields: Frequency Intelligence Size Morale - Note, some monsters have a morale range, ie. 13-14. The sheet does not currently support this. If a monster has a range, please choose a specific value. This is also reflected in the datalist. Useroptions for the monster sheet The first sheet user option is now available. This allows GMs to set the general value for if monster attacks should be public or private. If a GM desires for all monster attacks to be private, they no longer have to remember to set the checkbox after creating every monster Setting any user options only affects new sheets. All existing sheets will keep their current value. General sheet change Before After Magic weapons can now reduce speed down to 0 instead of 1. The rule was found in the PHB p. 127 This change is active for all weapons autofill, melee, ranged, henchmen, and monsters That is all for this time I don't know when the next update will come, but it will feature some cleanup of the Gem pouch in the Currency section.
Hi, I'm Peter's DM, and I don't think he thought it through, when he added more and easier ways to attack, damage and kill his characters...