Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Advertisement Create a free account

CombatMaster 2.0

1628485692
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As I've said, I don't have time now to support this.  If the api doesn't work for you don't use it.  Simple.  But I don't have anymore time to figure out the vagarities of every game that people want to play.  Help is there.  Not perfect.  Doesn't work, don't use it.  
1628501453
Victor B. said: As I've said, I don't have time now to support this.  If the api doesn't work for you don't use it.  Simple.  But I don't have anymore time to figure out the vagarities of every game that people want to play.  Help is there.  Not perfect.  Doesn't work, don't use it.   Way to get defensive! At least I know I didn't misinterpret something, the Help is just wrong ... got it!
1628631024
Victor B. said: @Saul, you got something wrong.  Set turnorder, start combat it works.  You may not be playing 5e?  You have something strange going on?  But it works.   That's exactly what I did. I set the turn order and started combat.  And, yes, I'm playing 5e.  If I have something strange going on, the question is: what? What do you suggest to figure this out?
1628632774
Just want to check that you have the player ribbon on the page you are using the tracker on? Saul J. said: Victor B. said: @Saul, you got something wrong.  Set turnorder, start combat it works.  You may not be playing 5e?  You have something strange going on?  But it works.   That's exactly what I did. I set the turn order and started combat.  And, yes, I'm playing 5e.  If I have something strange going on, the question is: what? What do you suggest to figure this out?
I feel like I'm missing something simple and can't figure it out, I'm not super well versed in script, but I need help. I'm trying to set up conditions in Combat Master that mod certain things on the character like the Shield of Faith spell, adding +2 to AC and used: {{!setattr {{--charid CharacterIdentifier}} {{--mod}} {{--npc_ac|2}}  {{--ac|2}} }} Which worked wonderfully! But then I wanted to make a condition that increases AC based on another attribute, such as intelligence mod and tried: {{!setattr {{--charid CharacterIdentifier}}  {{--mod}} {{--ac|@{selected|intelligence_mod}}} }} Which gave the Error:  Attribute ac is not number-valued for character Arisa. Attribute left unchanged. Attribute maximum ac is not number-valued for character Arisa. Attribute maximum left unchanged. I have also tried: {{!setattr {{--sel}} {{--mod}} {{--ac|@{selected|intelligence_mod}}} }} {{!setattr {{--sel CharacterIdentifier}} {{--mod}} {{--ac|@{selected|intelligence_mod}}} }} {{!setattr {{--charid CharacterIdentifier}} {{--mod}} {{--ac|[[@{selected|intelligence_mod}]]}} }} Which all gave Error: No target characters. You need to supply one of --all, --allgm, --sel, --allplayers, --charid, or --name. I have no idea why I can't get it to pull an attribute from somewhere else to be the value I need to mod ac by. Please help. 
@Erik, you won't be able to use @{selected} with that for the same reason you can't use --sel, as the command is getting passed through CombatMaster and has no way to tell what's selected. You could try ChatSetAttr's built in attribute calls. For example, instead of {{!setattr {{--charid CharacterIdentifier}}  {{--mod}} {{--ac|@{selected|intelligence_mod}}} }} try {{!setattr {{--charid CharacterIdentifier}}  {{--mod}} {{--ac|%intelligence_mod%}} }}
1628661669

Edited 1628661771
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can't use selected because that's Roll20 passing selected tokens directly into a macro.  Instead that should be put into a condition and when you select tokens and apply the condition CM runs that command against selected tokens.  Here's an example of bladesong.  There's no -sel in the command.   modattr --charid characterid --ac|%intelligence_mod% --speed|10 And when bladesong ends !modattr --charid characterid --ac|-%intelligence_mod% --speed|-10
1628661884

Edited 1628662025
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Saul if I had time, I'd be able to join game and figure it out.  I don't.  So you are on your own.  I'm not sure why.  CM is defaulted to 5e and should work.  There's probably gaps in the help that isn't giving you enough info.  I asked for someone to take this over.  No one volunteered.  Such is life.  
1628686107
Yes. Kilter said: Just want to check that you have the player ribbon on the page you are using the tracker on? Saul J. said: Victor B. said: @Saul, you got something wrong.  Set turnorder, start combat it works.  You may not be playing 5e?  You have something strange going on?  But it works.   That's exactly what I did. I set the turn order and started combat.  And, yes, I'm playing 5e.  If I have something strange going on, the question is: what? What do you suggest to figure this out?
1628724062

Edited 1628724252
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Saul, I can find a few minutes to figure out your issue.  Send me a PM with game invite.  Once I'm in I'll PM you to make me GM so I can see the APIs.  I'll get it working and let you know what was changed
Hello ! Sorry to bother you ! I seem to encounter some issues with Combat Master, and I've been fiddling with the menus for a while, but I can't seem to understand why it is not working. So, I just downloaded the script with One-click roll, and this is the first time I'm using it, so I may be completely overlooking something. I'm playing on 5e with a game on 5e. I have encouter a few issues that are the following  :  - "Next Marker" doesn't seem to work for me, it doesn't display the green circle around my tokens. - "Turn timer" doesn't seem to appear anywhere, I turned it on and off, but nothing seems to be visible.  - "Concentration" never prompt me to make a constitution save, even though I seem to have set everything. Use Concentration (5E) = true Add Marker = false Check for Save = true Notify = GM Wound Bar = bar 3 (I verified, that the bar I'm using to track HP, that I actually track from character sheet using the attribute hp) Attribute = constitution_save_bonus (It was empty, but the help seem that have that part written, so I copy pasted it from attributes) Then I clicked on the condition "Concentration" from the list to apply it to one token. Then I substracted values from bar 3, and no prompt to remind me of Constitution save was shown.  - "Conditions" don't seem to decrease with turns (may be related to the fact that the Next Marker isn't working ?) , I've used the default values, and when prompted I did set 1 and direction -1. But I keep going over the next turn, and the conditions + marker remain on my token. The condition I used was the default Blinded :  Name = Blinded Type = Condition Icon Type = Combat Master Icon = Eyeball thing Duration 1 Direction -1 Override false Favorites false Message None Targeted false Concentration false Can you help me ?  Much appreciated !
1628808802
@ Tiralstrom , is the player ribbon on the same page you are testing this on? I leave attribute in the concentration menu blank, I believe Combat Master knows what to draw it from if your using the 5e sheet. Have you clicked the play symbol to start the combat?
1628811199
@Tiralstorm:  Run this line in your chat bar: !cmaster --config,concentration,key=sheet,value=OGL
Hello !  Thanks for the answers, the ribbon was the issue, I was testing the script with only drag & dropping a single player (me as GM) because I didn't want my players to see my test map, but I tried with the ribbon and now it works just fine. Who knew. Thanks fellas !
@ Persephone  & @ Victor B.  Thank you both, problem solved and works 100% 
1629142555
Silly question I'm sure - but is there any way to turn off the Main Menu being posted upon ending combat? I couldn't find an option, but wondering if I've overlooked something. Thanks!
1629154477
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No there isn't.  It posts again showing combat stopped (red bar at top).  
1630859909
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
One of the things I really liked about Combat Tracker is that it only allowed players to end a turn when it was their character's turn. Is there a way to get this into CombatMaster? I get a lot of cases where my players and I both end a turn and we skip a character's turn.
1630862327
Brian C. said: One of the things I really liked about Combat Tracker is that it only allowed players to end a turn when it was their character's turn. Is there a way to get this into CombatMaster? I get a lot of cases where my players and I both end a turn and we skip a character's turn. I would suggest setting a rule that either you or the player will advance the turn ahead of time. I don't remember Combat tracker having a set to choice, so that was the rule I implemented. (Been a long time so I could be wrong about the setting.)
1630880018
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Kilter said: Brian C. said: One of the things I really liked about Combat Tracker is that it only allowed players to end a turn when it was their character's turn. Is there a way to get this into CombatMaster? I get a lot of cases where my players and I both end a turn and we skip a character's turn. I would suggest setting a rule that either you or the player will advance the turn ahead of time. I don't remember Combat tracker having a set to choice, so that was the rule I implemented. (Been a long time so I could be wrong about the setting.) It's that people can click the button to end their turn after I already pressed it (after waiting for them to do it), and it causes a skip of another creature (at least that is the impression I am getting of what is going on). CombatTracker by default only let a player end the turn of a creature they controlled. There wasn't a setting for it. It was the only way it worked.
1630890312
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
On their player announcement is a checkbox.  Upper right corner.  They can click on it to end their turn and advance the turn order.  
1630890556
Brian C. said: CombatTracker by default only let a player end the turn of a creature they controlled. There wasn't a setting for it. It was the only way it worked. I never remember that being the default, I also have had this issue even with combat tracker. The only time I could think it would work that way is if you had it whisper to the player and not to all.  I even just went into an old game that my girlfriend played in and check to see and her character could advance every turn. Are you sure if was combat tracker and not Tracker Jacker?  and if it is can you post the setting so we can see how it is done.
1630894749
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's built in if you player announcements are on.  It's not protected so pretty much ANYONE can click end turn, but it's there by default.  Requested by I don't remember who.  But that can allow the player to end their turn.  
1630914543

Edited 1630915059
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Kilter said: Brian C. said: CombatTracker by default only let a player end the turn of a creature they controlled. There wasn't a setting for it. It was the only way it worked. I never remember that being the default, I also have had this issue even with combat tracker. The only time I could think it would work that way is if you had it whisper to the player and not to all.  I even just went into an old game that my girlfriend played in and check to see and her character could advance every turn. Are you sure if was combat tracker and not Tracker Jacker?  and if it is can you post the setting so we can see how it is done. I just tried it in a test game. This is what a player sees in CombatTracker. The player can see the "Done" buttons for every token in the turn order, but clicking one of the buttons does nothing if the current token (or its linked character sheet) is not editable by the player. So if it is the player's turn, they can click the button multiple times (say there was a delay in response from the website), but CombatTracker will only advance to the next token in the initiative order and ignore the rest of the clicks because the current token is now an NPC. In contrast, CombatMaster only shows the player announcements for their token (which I like). However, clicking the "done" checkmark advances the turn order regardless of whether the player controls the token or not. If there is some lag from Roll20. The player can accidentally advance through the turns of multiple tokens. Players should only be able to end their own turn.
1630915033
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I had two other questions: Is there a way to hide the delay turn button? 5e doesn't have a delay turn. How is CombatMaster's concentration mechanic supposed to work? I went back up the thread and found the settings people used, but I am never able to get any prompt that a Constitution saving throw should be rolled. Using the OGL sheet, I have tried adding the concentration condition to a token, have CM automatically add a detected spell as a condition which was then added to the token, lower the hit points on the token, etc., but I never get a response.
1630940630

Edited 1630946558
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The request to put security around that checkbox has been made.  Never had time to implement it.  I don't have time now.  The delay button is always shown.  No way to shut it off.  Suggest you train your players not to click on it.   Concentration is a bit tricky to setup.  1) You need a concentration condition in CM.  It puts one there by default.  It has to say Concentration.   I set override to true.  Duration of 10 and direction of 0.  You can set to 10/-1 or whatever you like.  And the concentration setting within the concentration condition is false 2) I set auto-add spells to true.  CM will detect when spells are cast and ask you to ignore (which goes into an ignore list) or add to CM.  It then adds in the spell.  You set the icon, duration/direction etc.  Concentration must be set to true for all concentration spells.  This process isn't perfect as some spells out of OGL don't follow the same template/format and CM might miss those.  I always set override to false.  Setting override to true can create a few issues due to timing.  I haven't had time to go into the override logic and get it bullet proof.   3) When a concentration spell is cast by a player, one that CM can detect, a concentration condition is placed on the caster (why override should be set to false for all concentration spells) and you'll see a box in chat to select targets.  Highlight any number of tokens and click the checkbox and the spell is assigned to them.  Unfortunately, the concentration spell is placed on the caster BEFORE any saves are made.  There was a request to auto roll saves, but I never put that logic in.  So if they all save or the spell is countered, simply remove the concentration from the caster.  4) For taking wounds and making saves, under the concentration menu, use concentration = true, add marker = true (auto adds concentration to caster), check for save = true (notifies you that someone needs to make a con save), notify = GM, wound bar = bar1 (case sensitive...if it shows Bar1 then select bar1 again), attribute = consitution_save_bonus After that you're good to go.  If you've read this far.  You get a star.
1630953729
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Victor B. said: The request to put security around that checkbox has been made.  Never had time to implement it.  I don't have time now.  The delay button is always shown.  No way to shut it off.  Suggest you train your players not to click on it.   Concentration is a bit tricky to setup.  1) You need a concentration condition in CM.  It puts one there by default.  It has to say Concentration.   I set override to true.  Duration of 10 and direction of 0.  You can set to 10/-1 or whatever you like.  And the concentration setting within the concentration condition is false 2) I set auto-add spells to true.  CM will detect when spells are cast and ask you to ignore (which goes into an ignore list) or add to CM.  It then adds in the spell.  You set the icon, duration/direction etc.  Concentration must be set to true for all concentration spells.  This process isn't perfect as some spells out of OGL don't follow the same template/format and CM might miss those.  I always set override to false.  Setting override to true can create a few issues due to timing.  I haven't had time to go into the override logic and get it bullet proof.   3) When a concentration spell is cast by a player, one that CM can detect, a concentration condition is placed on the caster (why override should be set to false for all concentration spells) and you'll see a box in chat to select targets.  Highlight any number of tokens and click the checkbox and the spell is assigned to them.  Unfortunately, the concentration spell is placed on the caster BEFORE any saves are made.  There was a request to auto roll saves, but I never put that logic in.  So if they all save or the spell is countered, simply remove the concentration from the caster.  4) For taking wounds and making saves, under the concentration menu, use concentration = true, add marker = true (auto adds concentration to caster), check for save = true (notifies you that someone needs to make a con save), notify = GM, wound bar = bar1 (case sensitive...if it shows Bar1 then select bar1 again), attribute = consitution_save_bonus After that you're good to go.  If you've read this far.  You get a star. A star for me then. Thanks for the detailed response on everything. :)
1631294566
I'm trying to use Combat Master with Pathfinder Companion Script and I'm having some problems. API information: Basic Script Syntax All Pathfinder Companion Script commands start with !pfc. Commands are split into command groups which are separated by a space followed by -- (double dash). The script processes each command group in order. A command group is made up of the command's keyword, followed by any necessary command details or specifications separated from each other and the command keyword by a command. Finally any character ids or other target specifications that are applicable are placed at the end separated from each other and the previous sections by a bar (|): --COMMAND KEYWORD,command details|character id|character id|or other target specification Add commands are restricted in who can use them. This information is noted in their hedaing. How do I put the ""--charid charidentifier" after the bar like : !pfc --apply,condition=Entangled,swap|--charid charidentifier ? I've tried everything but I can't. Is it an incompatible API? PS: I've been using Combat Master for a while for my D&D 3.5 table
1631298432
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
!pfc --apply,condition=Entangled,swap|--charid charidentifier should work providing that's correct pfc syntax.  Assuming --charid is part of the pfc command.  Then it will user charidentifier to replace with the actual character id.  Also you need a macro id substitution string under macros & apis, to create the relationship between characteridentifier in your string with the character id on the token.  
1631335872
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I believe PFC uses "|character id" !pfc --apply,condition=Entangled,swap|-L_yCnEbMs7n6m7-vPac charidentifier 
1631341043
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If that's the case it would be |characteridentifier, with a substitution in the API/Macro menu to link characteridentifier to the character id on the token.  
1631366936
Unfortunately some features are incompatible between CombatMaster and PFC :( I wanted to use PFC for the Conditions and Buffs and use the CombatMaster for Custom Buffs and Spells, but I've encountered some problems with Turn Tracker when using both. I have in no way been able to use CombatMaster to use PFC, either directly or indirectly. I tried via API, Via Macro, via chat, via token... In PFC there is a function to change statuses through markers, so I tried to use TokenMod to change the marker via chat, but it didn't work either. Thanks for the help, guys!
1632703593
Anyone having issues with OnMyTurn not activating when clicking the checkmark to advance the turn tracker in Combat Master?
1632703941
Hi All,  I'm still struggling with the exact thing @Trialstrom was having. Mainly  "- "Concentration" never prompt me to make a constitution save, even though I seem to have set everything." Even when using the ribbon on the correct page.  I followed all the instructions listed below from Victor multiple times for multiple spells "1) You need a concentration condition in CM.  It puts one there by default.  It has to say Concentration.   I set override to true.  Duration of 10 and direction of 0.  You can set to 10/-1 or whatever you like.  And the concentration setting within the concentration condition is false 2) I set auto-add spells to true.  CM will detect when spells are cast and ask you to ignore (which goes into an ignore list) or add to CM.  It then adds in the spell.  You set the icon, duration/direction etc.  Concentration must be set to true for all concentration spells.  This process isn't perfect as some spells out of OGL don't follow the same template/format and CM might miss those.  I always set override to false.  Setting override to true can create a few issues due to timing.  I haven't had time to go into the override logic and get it bullet proof.   3) When a concentration spell is cast by a player, one that CM can detect, a concentration condition is placed on the caster (why override should be set to false for all concentration spells) and you'll see a box in chat to select targets.  Highlight any number of tokens and click the checkbox and the spell is assigned to them.  Unfortunately, the concentration spell is placed on the caster BEFORE any saves are made.  There was a request to auto roll saves, but I never put that logic in.  So if they all save or the spell is countered, simply remove the concentration from the caster.  4) For taking wounds and making saves, under the concentration menu, use concentration = true, add marker = true (auto adds concentration to caster), check for save = true (notifies you that someone needs to make a con save), notify = GM, wound bar = bar1 (case sensitive...if it shows Bar1 then select bar1 again), attribute = consitution_save_bonus" Everything is working but step 4. If anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it. 
1632721879
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@austin invite me to game and when I join make me GM so I have access to the APIs.  This keeps happening.  I need to figure out what's going wrong so I can correct either in HELP or simply better posts.   @Kilter, APIs can't trigger other APIs.  
1632736754

Edited 1632736794
Apply Damage, Token-Mod and a few others can trigger other API like deathtracker or combatmaster, when there is a change that occurs. It maybe OnMyTurn is not triggering on the change created by CombatMasters advancement of the tracker, I was just check to see if anyone else is having this result. Victor B. said: @Kilter, APIs can't trigger other APIs.  
1632742289
    on('chat:message', (msg) => {         if('api'===msg.type && /^!cmaster --turn,next\b/.test(msg.content)){             setTimeout(()=>checkOnMyTurn(Campaign(),{turnorder:JSON.stringify([{id:-1}])}),1000);         }     }); This added to OnMyTurn seems to help if anyone is having issues.
1632753139
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
and that's not working Kilter?  Can you log the incoming message?  
1632754101
adding that fixed the issue. It now sends an action menu to the player, on their turn when clicking the checkmark in chat. 
1632888605
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For others having issues with concentration, the HP bar must be bar1.  It needs to show as bar1 in the menu (not Bar1).  The menu allows bar2 or bar3 for HP, but bar2/bar3 don't work for detecting HP changes.  It's a bug.  
1632893859

Edited 1632894170
@Victor Are you sure? I tested bar1 as well and was still running into issues. The dropdown menu (Bar1) should be it right?  EDIT: Nevermind I see it's working now, thanks for all the help really appreciate it
@Victor is there a limit to how many conditions can be added? This last week I've noticed any time I add any new spell conditions, they're gone the next day. I have to export after every change, and then re-import each time I load in the session, so I'm just wondering if I've somehow reached some kind of limit.
1633058791
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There shouldn't be other than perhaps a limit to the size of the session state for an api.  You might be hitting the end of it. 
1633095847

Edited 1633098107
I'm unable to get status conditions to tick down automatically, all I can get them to do is show with a number.  When I advance a round they maintain the number they have on them.  I tried setting them to 0, and the "direction" to 1, then I tried setting them to 5 and direction -1, and finally tried zero for direction.  I just do not understand what I am missing.  This is especially annoying because if I try to ignore this "feature" and manually apply statusmarkers to tokens, their statusmarkers erase when the turn comes up so clearly the API does know how to remove/decrement but when I purposely do it it fails? Sorry, figured it out, didn't have player ribbon on the map the combat was going on for.  
1633097224
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@DM Eddie, invite me to game and once I'm in promote me to GM.  A lot of people make a copy of game for this.  I'll check it out.  
Victor B. said: There shouldn't be other than perhaps a limit to the size of the session state for an api.  You might be hitting the end of it.  You wouldn't happen to know how to clear up the session state, would you? Aside from deleting conditions? I've been noticing a lot of other weird API behaviors, like random commands going off whenever the API boots up.
1633238905
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And I'm assuming it was working fine until recently.  And you haven't put in any new APIs?  I'd start by disabling all your other APIs and verify problem continues.  
Hello, I'm encountering this error, which results in all of my APIs being disabled:
1633271578
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Make sure the player ribbon is on the page you are looking at.  The DoTurnorderChange moves the turn markers to next tokens.  Also did you change the current/ next turn order markers to something else?  
Victor B. said: Make sure the player ribbon is on the page you are looking at.  The DoTurnorderChange moves the turn markers to next tokens.  Also did you change the current/ next turn order markers to something else?   Hey Victor. Unfortunately I do not remember where the Player Ribbon was at, but these were my exact settings. Since I use VTTES, I made sure to disable any duplicate features in Combat Master first: