Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

CombatMaster 2.0

Is there a way to add tokens to the initiative quickly after combat has started? Say a summoned creature or reinforcements enter the battlefield, is there an easy way to add them to the turn order without adding each individually? Sorry, I'm new to APIs

Edited 1684320953
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
Zennsa said: Is there a way to add tokens to the initiative quickly after combat has started? Say a summoned creature or reinforcements enter the battlefield, is there an easy way to add them to the turn order without adding each individually? Sorry, I'm new to APIs I recommend you to try GroupInitiative API: has nice options to manage groups or individuals and also allows you to keep the current turn order while adding new tokens in the right position of the turn. Combat Master can be configured to use GroupInitiative.
I have identical symptoms, with the roll20AM audio only playing on Round #1 instead of the start of each round.  I have CombatMaster v2.48, what should I try next?  Or is this feature intended to only play on the start of combat on Round #1? BTW - I've made the player ribbon mistake three times, resulting in a panic resetting of CombatMaster, so I've gotten extra practice. Quinn Dexter said: First I want to thank you for the effort putting into this script. I just have a minor question, I did not find an answer for. I am playing around with roll20am, as I want to set this great Dong from "Glass Onion" on the beginning of each round {{!roll20AM {{--audio,play|NewCombatRound}}}} Nevertheless, I plays the Sound (4 Seconds long) only at the beginning of the first round. For turns (beginning of each turn) it works perfectly, but for rounds, as said only the first time. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Many thanks in advance.
I'm having trouble with the Initiative Attr option using the Pathfinder 2E character sheet. The PF2e sheet has the attribute @{initiative} which stores the skill selected in a dropdown on the character sheet. Unfortunately, @{initiative} stores the modifier along with a roll label (i.e. @{initiative} = '7[perception]' where @{perception} = 7), and it doesn't seem to play nicely with the CombatMaster initiative. CM prints the modifier as NaN, I assume because it's non-numeric. It works fine when just setting CM to @{perception} which is the default, but players may want to change that to stealth or intimidation etc. Is there a way to either handle or strip the roll label? Looking through the sheet attributes it looks like the dropdown does store the skill text ('perception') in @{initiative_skill}, but I can't see a way to use that to tell CM to roll the listed skill as the initiative attribute. Ideally it'd be great if CM could tell me the skill it rolled (so that players can correct if they forgot to change their skill before initiative hit), but just getting the right number in would be a great start. Unrelatedly, if possible to add a clarification to the documentation on the required script to use the Token Marker option for icons -- the right script is libTokenMarker by TheAaron, but there exists another script just called "TokenMarker" by Andy H & Akinbar which came up first when I went to the one-click dropdown. Either including the author or explicitly noting that it's NOT the TokenMarker script would hopefully help someone avoid the confusion I just went through :) Love the script!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
CM initiative roller taks a comma delimited list and adds them together.  Here's an example for a warhammer character sheet InitiativeStart,InitiativeTalents,InitiativeAdv,InitiativeMod Unless I read wrong, I think if you did comma delimitred with initiative and perception, that should work.  If not, set the Roll initiative to group init.  Let group init roll it and then start combat with CM

Edited 1685805691
Pak
Pro
John P.  said: I have identical symptoms, with the roll20AM audio only playing on Round #1 instead of the start of each round.  I have CombatMaster v2.48, what should I try next?  Or is this feature intended to only play on the start of combat on Round #1? BTW - I've made the player ribbon mistake three times, resulting in a panic resetting of CombatMaster, so I've gotten extra practice. Quinn Dexter  said: First I want to thank you for the effort putting into this script. I just have a minor question, I did not find an answer for. I am playing around with roll20am, as I want to set this great Dong from "Glass Onion" on the  beginning of each round {{!roll20AM {{--audio,play|NewCombatRound}}}} Nevertheless, I plays the Sound (4 Seconds long) only at the beginning of the first round. For turns (beginning of each turn) it works perfectly, but for rounds, as said only the first time. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Many thanks in advance. I get around this by manually entering in "Round" that increments +1 every turn on the turn order tracker. For some reason, Combat Master only initiates the sound on the first round instead of each round, even though I have it set for each round. But when I manually enter my own "Round" tag on the tracker, it plays a sound each round as intended. The pic below shows my "manually" entered Round tag and the Combat Master round tag. Not sure why the manually entered version works.
I am having an issue with concentration. When I cast the spell the con icon appears, however when the damage is done to the one concentrating there is no prompt for the roll. spell is set up with Dur 10, Dir -1, Override false, targeted true, targeted API targets, Concentration True.  Concentration Is set up Duration 1, Dir 0, Override False (I have also tried true)Targeted false, Concentration false. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   
I have done some code reading, and it appears lines 3037 through 3103 are marked as notes only. I assume this is intentional, like maybe there is an issue with this section?

Edited 1686973644
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The prompt for the roll occurs when the damage is applied to the token.  The commented out code is for an auto roll of a con save.  I elected not to go forward with it
Understand that. However when I removed all of the // I now get the prompt but then API crashes. So I don't mind the auto not working but too many things were sent to notes I believe. I just can't quite figure which it is.
when adding new spells is the CM. it the api able to add the concentration to the caster and the condition to the target together? I have tried to set it up a few times now and I cant seem to get it right of if it is even possible.
Is there a way to have it clear the turn order at end of round? Also to sort ascending, and the modifier for Dex to be negated from roll?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Anthony, it does add the concentration to the caster and displays a dialogue box in the chat.  You select the targets of the spell and click the checkbox in that dialogue box and it assigns the spell to the targets.   @Mezz, there's an option to reroll initiative each round.  It won't clear the turnorder but will reset it.  There's no option to sort ascending.  The modifier of dex is configured in the character sheet I believe.  CM uses the existing values from the char sheet to do init.  
I've been using this script for a few months now and unfortunately I've got a bug I can't seem to get rid of. Every time I drag one of the player tokens onto the map, I get a "blinded" status update from Combat Master despite combat not running. It stems from a couple of weeks ago when we were running combat and I applied that status to a few tokens. I guess I might have missed ending it before we ended the combat? I've tried ending Combat and also starting combat and using the "clear status" button.  Is there any other suggestion short of removing the script and reinstalling it? Right how I have Combat Master disabled in the API box.
Is there a way to disable the counter on the status marker? I like the functionality of seeing conditions and remaining time when you manually check or when their turn comes up but I find the numbers cover most of the icon and it makes it hard to see the actual status markers.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The blinded is a bug.  I just manually remove it from the token.   No on removing the counter and yes the counter can make the token hard to see.  You can display the conditions for the token when the player turn comes up.  Shows in chat.  

Edited 1690756587
Found a bug with Concentration check. I Think it has to do with the concentration API but I post it here because it also happens when the concentration marker is applied by Combat Master We used DD5 official sheet, In my game I have to ask for the concentration roll because some of my players have a feature that allow them to not have to make a concentration check below a certain damage  threshold. It works well for some of them but produces an error if the character is proficient in constitution check.  When it is the case it gives this error : TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '0') TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading '0')     at apiscript.js:37662:80     at checkFinishedOps (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:172:1), <anonymous>:757:7)     at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:172:1), <anonymous>:837:8)     at Timeout._onTimeout (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore-node-f.cjs:1079:17)     at listOnTimeout (node:internal/timers:569:17)     at process.processTimers (node:internal/timers:512:7) I will also post this in a new post specific for the concentration API.  HERE Thx in advance
Victor B. said: The blinded is a bug.  I just manually remove it from the token.   No on removing the counter and yes the counter can make the token hard to see.  You can display the conditions for the token when the player turn comes up.  Shows in chat.   If you comment out past 'icon' on Line 1751:  statusMarker = icon + '@' + duration   then it tracks in chat but doesn't add the counter to the status icon. I assume that you can refactor the code in that setTimeout function right there to set the status marker equal to the condition icon but I wasn't ready to do all that lol I though it was simplest just to comment out that one part. I I know that this is probably a pretty niche use case as most people probably want the counter on the status marker as well, but I thought I'd post my solution here so others could see. I don't expect that it will become base functionality at any point.
I have been using this for months and love the clarity and automation it brings. I am running into an issue, though, and I'm not sure what is causing it. I am using the 2.48 version taken from Github but it seems to hold true on the one-click version as well. I initiate combat using the built-in CM initiative. Party begins going through combat normally with no issues. If I delete a monster out of the turn-order manually, CM detects it and skips that token. If I use the CorpseCart script, the monster is removed from the turn-order but CM continues to include that token in the turn prompts through chat. This continues until the token is removed from the map.  Is there a setting somewhere that is not firing correctly or is this API interaction at play? I did try to register CorpseCart in CM (hence the Github version) but it did not seem to have any affect. It's a minor thing but any help would be appreciated. CorpseCart can be found here . Video on this script by Nick Olivo is here  starting at the 4:31 mark (chapters are delineated in the play bar). 
Hey there! Does anyone know if there is a way to end combat without it outputting the main menu into chat? Is there a mute or --nomenu command I am missing? Macro !cmaster --turn,stop
Hi there, I'm wondering is there anyway to add additional spells which combat master doesn't recognise?   E.g. Moonbeam or newer spells like Dragon's Breath? thanks in advance. Jonathan

Edited 1700202131
Stik
Pro
I'm having trouble with adding conditions using CM with TokenCondition.  I can add a condition token using the + for the condition in TM but if I try to remove it using the Trash Can I get an error on the Mod Consule. TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'remove') TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'remove') at removeTokenCondition (apiscript.js:10986:24) at apiscript.js:10943:33 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at apiscript.js:10941:33 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at removeConditionFromToken (apiscript.js:10936:44) at addConditionToToken (apiscript.js:10807:26) at apiscript.js:10769:12 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at addCondition (apiscript.js:10767:25) After restarting the Sandbox, the same error message appears if I use + in TM to try to add the condition unless I restart TM also. Also, I would prefer the condition token to appear above the character token but adding the [top] tag to the assigned character for the condition token caused the same error message. Lastly, I was initially trying to use an animated condition and got a similar (but slightly different - I didn't copy it) error message but was able to add the condition as I described above.  Is it possible to use an animated token with CM and TokenCondition? Any help with be greatly appreciated.