Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DnD 5e sheet initial release

Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
@BGB also not possible without the API/Javascript i'm afraid.....user reordering of items in a repeating section is imo, one of the top wishlist items for char sheets. Spellbook is always tricky to get right but for now i've gone with a soultion that requires a little bit of effort from a player to maintain/enter spells and so on but at least tries to "give back" that effort in useful features/functionailty for use during actual play. Still some things it cant help with (like the prepared spell list and so on) but we'll see how things develop both with 5e and roll20 over time. I've tried to think aghead as much as possible for this and add in some fields/support that might not be much use right now but might be in the future...time will tell :)
That's pretty much what I expected. The spellbook is already looking nice and a little manual maintenance isn't bad. I suspect most players will always have the same set of prepared spells so they will rearrange their own spellbook over time. For myself, the Advanced section is the big win since I put Powercard macros in there. On to a different question, is there some place intended to track charges on magic items? I'm using the quantity column in the inventory tab but it would be nifty if there was a way to automatically use charges as part of an item's effect macro.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
@BGB - The quantity field in the inventory is the intended/best way at present.....there's no way to auto update any field/attribute without the use of the API i'm afraid
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Right, i've submitted a new pull request with fixes for the following - Various issues with calculations not being correct due to order of operations problems....most noticeable on weapon and skill pages Non chrome users rejoice! Completely new "tab" system that should be supported cross browsers and not just in chrome Some minor tweaks to try and catch some instances where people were seeing horizontal scroll bars and/or content wrapping on to a new row. My suspicion is that this might be caused by a combination of OS and browser specific styles being applied to the vertical scroll bar. The one in chrome should follow the styling as defined by the roll20 CSS/JS but other browsers will not....this means you are likely to see a normal width horizontal scrollbar which potentially takes a few pixels away from the available width for the sheet. So if anyone has any more issues with horizontal scroll bars appearing and/or content wrapping around on to new lines when it shouldnt be please take a screenshot (with a vertical scrollbar shown on the sheet if possible...use the show all tab at the top of the sheet...and showing the wrapped content) and let me know the browser and OS too and i'll try and track down the issue...thanks! The updated sheet is available on my github page (should any mentors want to gra it right away) - <a href="https://github.com/Actoba/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Actoba/roll20-character-sheets</a> You can also report problems/issues to me via the issues link on there should you find any. Aand the public campaign used to preview the sheet before release has been updated for the final time (it will be getting deleted next week sometime). Link to join it is - <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/434711/9BMznw" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/434711/9BMznw</a> For everyone else, the updates should be available when Riley does the next pull

Edited 1405852553
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
1 more fix to add (not posted on public preview but will be in next pull) - Replaced and updated weight limits to respect the 5e full rules release instead of the out of date playtest rules. Removed Encumbered and Unencumbered weight limits (this is now a variant rule and not a base one as per the basic rules pdf...and the formulas used to calc them were out of date anyway as they still referenced the old playtest calculations) Replaced those two fields with a single "Maximum carrying capacity" field using the formula as listed in the basic rules pdf Updated the formula for the maximum push/drag/lift weight to reflect the full release rules too. Thanks to whoever BeardTyrant is on Github for the report......I had totally missed those changes in the transition from playtest to full release!
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
And 1 more, because I knew I had forgotten something (again not on public preview but should be in next pull) - Re-added a section for class resource tracking in the class section of the sheet The intention here is to provide a place to simply track the number of resources a character has It now additionally has a "Recharge" column on it so you can record when/how often your resource recharges without having to go look it up. Typical examples of how this is used - Channel Divinity uses, Action Surge uses, Arcane Recovery uses....and from the playtest and likely to be something similar for these classes once they are fully released : Monk's Ki points, Barbarian rage uses, etc....
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Also likely to go live in the next pull "morgajel" on github has committed an update to rename the "training" column (and the associated options in it) in the skills section of the sheet. The column name will now be "Proficiency" with the options No/Yes/Expertise (in that order) after the update.

Edited 1406045827
i was wondering if there was a way to move or drag some of the roll buttons ( like attacks and saves ) onto the macro bar form the character sheet. i really really like that when i hit that button it jsut rolls and doesnt spam chat log like it does when i try to roll a formula normaly. I.E. /roll 1d20+floor({{@{Selected|dexterity}-10}/2})

Edited 1406051393
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
The only option for sheet authors currently is to designate roll buttons on their sheet as "Token actions" so that the roll button also appears as a token action (the top macro bar that appears whenever you have your token selected...and also contains any macros/abilities you have setup yourself on the Attributes and Abilities tab of your character journal entry). Most authors dont use this though as there is absoltely no control over it for the end user.....the author sets it and you are stuck with it, regardless of whether you want it or not. It's also not possible to use roll buttons from within repeating sections this way either. There have been feedback threads already on this suggestion better options and discussing some ideas but theres been no indication from the dev team of anything coming. The best option for now, and again this really only works well for roll buttons that are not a part of a repeating section, is for you to add the name of the roll button into a character ability or macro you setup yourself. So suppose you have a character called "Bob" and a roll button thats called "Athletics_Check" on the sheet. You could create a macro button with the following code to use it - %{Bob|Athletics_Check} Of course this means you have to know what the roll buttons are actually called on the sheet.....and for the 5e sheet I plan to create another wiki page similar to the one I made for the DnD Next Playtest sheet ) that lists all that out for you.....I just havent got around to it yet though :) Edit: You can also just use inline rolls yourself instead of using /roll and seeing the full details. Just enclose the roll in double square brackets instead of starting the chat line with /roll...so using your example you can use this instead to get the similar short format for a roll (and can even do multiple rolls on one line and have any text you want around it) - [[1d20+floor({{@{Selected|dexterity}-10}/2})]]
omg thank you that helped a lot. also after pressing the attack button on the character sheet i went to the chat window and pressed up to get the prev message, then copied it to a new button.
Jeff said: Maybe you've already fixed the Expert training value, but it turned out to be an order of operations issue. When selecting Expert training, attr_X_prof_exp is set to 2*@{PB} Since attr_PB has two added components and lacks parentheses, only the first term was getting multiplied by 2, resulting in a +1 instead of a +2. 2 * 1 + 1 vs 2 * (1+1) Putting parentheses around the PB value fixes the issue. name="attr_PB" value=" ( ceil((@{level})/1e10)+ceil((@{level})/4) ) " I ran into that issue but actoba blamed me since I was making countless changes to my version of his character sheet :) hehehe
Actoba said: @Keith S - Cant do that without API/javascript i'm afraid - I'll probably do some of that stuff at a later date but not till i'm happy that the base (non-API) sheet is stable and useful for all. The only other option is a second area where you could simply list your prepared spells in some way...but that means you'have to enter your spells twice (even if it is just the name) and that kinda defeats the purpose of a sheet thats supposed to take away the pain points of managing your character instead of adding additional tasks. I have two sections above the spellbook in my version of his sheet, one is a very versatile spell prepared/always prepared / known text box that can whisper the DM. Players can easily keep track of their list of spells that way. I also have a quickspell smaller "spellbook" which has 10 tabs and 1 spell per tab which can easily tie into the abilities. This way a player can enter a spell that they want as a token action there by simply copying it out of their spellbook. I find that players may slowly want to fill their spellbook overtime. I do plan however to add more functionality when I have time, to have a Unknown to the list in the spellbook, and have templates characters per class that I can hand out to players, and then they can easily have all of their spells already done for them and ready to go. Then they can just list out the ones they have as they level up / play them.
Actoba said: And 1 more, because I knew I had forgotten something (again not on public preview but should be in next pull) - Re-added a section for class resource tracking in the class section of the sheet The intention here is to provide a place to simply track the number of resources a character has It now additionally has a "Recharge" column on it so you can record when/how often your resource recharges without having to go look it up. Typical examples of how this is used - Channel Divinity uses, Action Surge uses, Arcane Recovery uses....and from the playtest and likely to be something similar for these classes once they are fully released : Monk's Ki points, Barbarian rage uses, etc.... Still not sure why you didn't take my suggestion and just merge it into your bottom section by adding two small text fields to your repeating section one for current and one for max. It seems unnecessarily clunky on that page now.
Here's a very very simple death saving throw system that I threw at the bottom of the core stats tab, I figure it would be fairly easily for everyone to have access to. Since it isn't annoying/hard to be in your character sheet when you are rolling for death. &lt;h4&gt;Death Savings Throw &lt;span&gt;1&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/h4&gt; &lt;p&gt;Use this to keep track of death saving throw rolls.&lt;/p&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;div&gt;Death Saving Throw&lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt;Steps to Stable&lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt;Steps to Death&lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;div&gt; &lt;div&gt;&lt;button type="roll" name="roll_DeathSaving" value="/me rolls a death saving throw [[1d20]] for their life! Current Status Steps towards Life: [[@{Life}]] Death: [[@{Death}]]"&gt; Save &lt;/button&gt;&lt;/div&gt; &lt;div title="Life"&gt;&lt;input type="number" name="attr_Life" value="0" min="0" step="1"&gt;&lt;/div&gt; &lt;div title="Death"&gt;&lt;input type="number" name="attr_Death" value="0" min="0" step="1"&gt;&lt;/div&gt; &lt;/div&gt; &lt;hr /&gt;
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
@BryanK - The order of operations issue with proficiency bonus (and a few other areas has been fixed on my sheet (it's mentioned above!) but I havent checked yet to see whether the fix has made it live as yet or is still pending. It's also a little unfair to say that I blamed you when you came to me with the issue because what I actually said was that i'd bet everything on it being an order of operations issue and even told you how to fix it in your sheet...at the time I had a different proficiency bonus calculation in my sheet that was different from the one I fixed in the current sheet. As I have mentioned to you in the past, and have again in this this thread, I dont intend to add anything to the sheet that would require the player to enter the same information twice. This is why I have not added or implemented a separate "prepared spells" or quick spell section as we have previously discussed. Also, it was pretty clear from early on in the sheets development that you wanted a different feature set from the sheet than I was likely to provide and as such you built your own version from the base of my one. Everyone is free to do this, the code is freely available for all to use and abuse as they see fit. I try my best to incorporate the feedback I get but undoubtedly the sheet I build will of course be shaped by my experiences/thoughts too......if you think something is missing from it or you would prefer to do it differently but following discussion it seems like I am not willing/able or interested in doing it that way....feel free to have at it yourself. Bear in mind though that i'm a lot less likely to respond to support requests sent to me for your customised sheet, particularly when each request links the entire sheet/css file. :) The reason I have the resource usage separate from the class based actions repeating section is because the resource usage and the actions are separate. For example, a cleric spends a channel divinity charge (the resource) and uses one of several options that fall under channel divinity (action). The intent in the sheet I have published is that each action in this case would have it's own entry in the repeating section to be used as and when required and the appropriate resource would be consumed by the player in the resource section. If the resource count was on the repeating section row then you'd either have to track CD charges on one row only (even if it wasnt the one you were using at the time) or track it on multiple rows and update each one everytime......i dont see how thats better. A death save throw section is something I have considered adding in but have not yet decided where or if i'd like to add it....i'll continue to review that and the rest of the sheet over the coming weeks as we get more rules released and so on...and as my free time allows. This is the first request i've had to add something like that to the sheet. I actually like the drama of getting my players to manually roll death saves as not only does it make them understand how important they are it also helps educate them and help them to be more engaged with the game. I'm always worried about automating too much......a VTT character sheet should be a tool to aid play and not a tool to automate play imo.....I believe it's important to keep the balance and try to ensure that players get back from the sheet what they put in to it....in short, the sheet should never attempt to be a substitute for player engagement and should also attempt to remain useful for new and experienced players alike.
I would find a death saving throw section useful. If it could have check boxes as well as the roll macro so you can track how many success and failures you have had. Anyway thanks for the work you are putting in on the sheet.
Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I may be doing something wrong. When I specify a weapon as off hand and finesse it is still adding the characters dex bonus to the damage. If I remove finesse it seems to work properly.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
@Keith - This is another of the situations affected by the order of operations issues mentioned in the thread already.....most people have noticed it in the skills section but it affected weapon stuff too. The good news is that it got fixed last weekend. The bad news is that we're still waiting on Riley and co to merge in all those pull requests and push them live for everyone. As you are a mentor though, you can grab the latest version directly from the github repo and use it as a custom character sheet until it finally goes live - <a href="https://github.com/Actoba/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Actoba/roll20-character-sheets/</a>...
Is there a version number on the sheet to make it convenient to see when the update gets merged? If not, that would be a nice touch to add to the help tab.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Not currently, It's a good idea....though i'd probably forget more often than not :) I'll see if i can get a timestamp or something auto added/updated so I dont forget :)
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok added a build number and date to the top of the help section...should be included whenever the next pull happens. Not auto added as yet though so i'll try and remember to update :)
I don't know if git supports keywords but most older version control systems allowed you to put codes into your file that would be expanded to the revision number on check-in. That way the computer deals with remembering.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
I looked to see if there was support for commit hooks but could only find web-hooks that spit data back out at you. I can do it on my side anyway pre-commit so no big deal....just need to knock up a quick script....but thats for another evening! :)
&lt;input type="hidden" name="attr_str" value="@{strength_mod}" disabled="disabled" /&gt; rinse and repeat for the other five stats. just saying. for player convienience when making macros. that way, [[1d20+@{str}]] will work nice and easy, and cut down on macro lengths when writing and editing them. doesn't add anything to the sheet, so no harm there. think about it?

Edited 1406411193
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
It's been my experience that people comfortable/confident making their own macros can put up with having to type a few extra characters and still end up with the same result whereas those not so comfortable/familiar with the system need every little help they can get (so they dont come pestering me to do it for them! :) ). As such I tried to be a little more explicit with the attribute names where possible. Edit : For example - I've noticed numerous posts from players using other sheets asking about what attribute X is, or what attribute Y is used for because it's not something they recognise either because the attribute name isnt obvious or because the player is less experienced. The intent on my part was to try and avoid threads/posts asking those questions as much as possible by trying to make the player facing attribute names as clear as possible...within reason of course. If it was just me using the sheet then absolutely I would have all sorts of abbreviations and short names all over the place but to take your suggestion as an example of where confusion may easily arise, I would have assumed that an attribute named "str" would be my strength score and not the strength modifier. That doesnt of course invalidate your point which I think is a good one, but I made the decision early on in the 5e sheet development to try and ensure that all facets of the sheet would try to support the novice and experienced user as best they could. So whilst i agree that something like [[1d20 + @{strmod}]] is easier to type for an experienced user the extra effort required to type [[1d20 + @{strength_mod}]] makes it easier for a novice player (of the roll20 macro system and/or the 5e system itself) to understand whats going on. I'd also like to avoid any duplication of effort. Adding what would essentially be "alias" attributes to save a few keystrokes requires additional attributes created in roll20 whether they are used or not and may cause confusion for some players. From the testing we did earlier when the sheet had many more attributes the performance of the sheet was significantly impacted so after trimming down and reworking the sheet to get the performance/feature balance back to a favourable place i'm wary of adding components that dont provide significant benefits. What does everyone else think though? Obviously now the sheet is out in the wild I wont be changing the attribute names of anything that already exists unless there is absolutely no other option, but is there a great desire for shortcut/alias attributes to save some keystrokes when creating macros? If so how far down the rabbit hole do we go here...exactly what would you like to see an alias created for? (core stat mods, core stat scores, weapon attack/damage fields/macros, skill attributes/macros, etc...)
Just ran my first roll20 campaign and only 2nd game of 5e using this character sheet and I just wanted to hop in this thread to thank everyone who worked on this sheet. Keep up the good work!
Actoba, I think you made the right choice with the attribute names, strength_mod is far clearer than str and not significantly more difficult to type than strmod. I also agree that multiple attributes for the same value would be wasted resources and create more confusion. Aliases would increase the documentation and amount of effort required to answer questions about the attributes.
Hello, First off, great work on this sheet. I love the format and how easy to use it is. My group found what we think is a bug. The quantity of items in the inventory is not affecting the total weight of the inventory. I would assume that it is meant to multiple the weight by the quantity. As a work around we are just manually changing the weight for each item entry.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
The weight field for each inventory line is a total weight not a unit weight. There is no calculation done on each row. The total inventory weight is simply a sum of that column
Hello, I just wanted to drop by and say excellent work on the sheet so far Actoba!
Actoba said: The weight field for each inventory line is a total weight not a unit weight. There is no calculation done on each row. The total inventory weight is simply a sum of that column I see, thank you. Being relatively new to this, I'm guessing this is to allow certain items within a quantity of the same to have different weights? Otherwise I can't see a reason why it wouldn't be easier to have the quantity factored in, so players don't have to manually adjust the weight. We also noticed when entering spells yesterday, that Healing does not have the options that damage does? Is there any particular reason to use the Healing section instead of Damage section (using 'Healing' as damage type)? Hope I'm not coming off as too nitpicky, I'm just DMing and trying to answer my player's questions! We have workarounds for all of the above (using total weight as you described, and using the wisdom_mod in the healing section), so it's not urgent by any means. Thanks again for your previous response! The sheet as a whole is fantastic and much better than anything I've used before!
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the kind words....i'm glad people are finding the sheet useful as that was the goal! As for the question of why no unti weight....I honestly cant remember. In testing the only feedback I got about the inventory section as a whole was a validation issue on the weight fields (fixed) and some discussions over whether making it a repeating section (less space but lose ability to auto calc) or keep it as a static section (hard limit on length of inventory list but able to auto calc total weights) The more I think about why I went with a total weight per row rather than a unit weight might have had something to do with some equipment being sold in multiples with the weight being listed for the multiple instead of per single unit.....ie. arrows come in sets of 20 with the weight listed being for 20...not for one. It might have been that I decided that i'd live with working out the weight of multiples myself so I could use the quantity and weight fields independently and not have to work out what a unit weight of something was. in other words in my head it was easier to work out what the total weight of 3 things were that were 5lbs each than calculate the unit weight for a stack of 15 items that had a total weight of 16lbs. Thats only a guess though. It might be tricky to change it now without breaking sheets that are already in use...might need to just add a checkbox to toggle between the entered value being unit or total weight for the row.....leave it with me! The healing question is a bit easier to answer. It is separate from the damage because the damage line gets bonuses applied to it from the active bonuses area in the core stats section of the sheet. There is no "Healing bonus" area there due to all the healing bonus type things i've seen only applying to a specific subset of healing done making it tricky to implement (ie. the Life domain clerics bonus). Remember that most healing spells can be cast at multiple levels and that would change the bonus the life domain cleric would get. The way I handle this right now is by making use of the Effects line of a spell as it is automatically included anytme you use the damage or healing macro button. For example, in the effects section of the Cure Wounds spell entry I add the following - The spell has no effect on undead or constructs Bonus healing from disciple of life = [[2]] + the spell level this was cast at. So when I use the spell to heal it does the normal heal and gives me a reminder to add 2 + the spell level used to cast it at manually as a bonus. Spells being cast at multiple levels is always likely to be a manual process tbh......unless you want to add an entry for spells at every level it could be cast at...but that would require significant duplication of effort. I will add stat bonus drop down though as I see that some heal spells do indeed use them...I had thought that there were all set values but it appears I was wrong...wont be the last time ;)
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
I will add stat bonus drop down though as I see that some heal spells do indeed use them...I had thought that there were all set values but it appears I was wrong...wont be the last time ;) This has been done and will be a part of the next pull with the order of ops fixes and so on :)
Actoba, I'm not sure how you've come up with the formulas that invovle the 1e10 stuff, as I'm not sure quite how those operate with what you are trying to do with them. I resolved most of my issues with the ones that didn't work, but I still need a few more issues resolved. Total prepared spells (I added a display under the spell slots per spell level). I have most of these showing 0 I think when there is no caster level, but some still show blank which is what I believe is messing up my total prepared spells calculation. I'm trying to find a way to handle classes that just have known spells, and that increment in an extremely weird fashion (PHB out in a few weeks). Some seem to have jumps. Perhaps I could do Floor( Current class Level / jump Level ) ??? I found a bug also with the melee weapon types not being remembered because all except finesse are all set to 0. I'm guessing I'll have to change their values to .01, .02, .03 or something, then do a floor with any calculation that involves them. It seems perhaps with all of the spell sections, if there is a way for a drop down to toggle a ?{CastedSpellLevel} popup. I'll probably implement that next in mine. It would have to take into account the spell's level. Obviously wouldn't be implemented for cantrip level spells. I also added support for the Great Weapon Master, and Sharpshooter feats. I have to check what you did with finesse to take care of it without adding another input. I added 2 inputs for GWM and sharpshooter to make sure the attack rolls get -5, but then the damage doesn't receive the -5 because it doesn't effect damage, but still needs to know what modifier to use, so I did a + (STR + 5) for instance. With your 1e10 forumulas, any idea how to make it work if the dexterity cap is +3 instead of +2 like the medium armor cap you have. I couldn't figure out how to handle medium armor master. Keep up the good work Actoba. I have to start thinking about a API monster beastiary script. I'm trying to keep my sheet compatible with yours now, so if I get time to get one working it should work for everyone that uses your sheet.
I actually just thought of a way to do max values for healing (for working with spells that make you do maximum. Just need to do two fields. One for # of dice, other for dice type. It will take some work, but should be good to go. I also manually added r&lt;2 for Great Weapon Fighting for the fighter, not sure that could be a dropdown since real estate is definitely limited. I hate to say it, but it might be best to two row the information for each ranged and melee weapon. That tab is fairly short anyway.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Briefly, since i dont have much time to respond to everything right now - Formulas that use the XXX / 1e10 are used to either produce a 1 or a zero result. This is then either used to multiply against a value so that it is either added (1 * the value) or not added (0 * the value).... ...or in the case of where either the overall or class level is / 1e10 it ensures that a level of zero (or less) produces a result of zero, but any positive level produces a result of one. So the proficiency bonus is 1 + ceil(overall level / 4)....and so to make sure a zero proficiency bonus is shown/used when no level is set (or if there is a negative level) the 1 portion of that calc is actually replaced with (overall level / 1e10). I have a note of the weapon wielded stuff to fix already...the prep spells should show zero with no caster levels added...and do in my version of the sheet....i'm afraid i dont have time to troubleshoot your customised one...sorry.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Ok a little more time - * Casted level popup for spells - Trying to actively avoid popup dice queries....theres really no good solution for multi level spells, as we've discussed before, without wrapping a lot of functionality that will barely be used....i'd rather avoid that....it's not ifficult for a player to manually roll a few extra dice when casting spells at a higher level....and if they know how to cast at higher level they should know how to manually roll dice by then I would hope :) * Support for feats (dont have the released list yet and I'm not basing anything of anything that isnt an official release) - Much like the brief time i spent trying to include class specific support, I wont be adding automatic support for feats....again thats something I expect players to manage themselves. the sheet will cope with many situations/bonuses that feats may bring but it cant (and shouldnt) try to catch everything, I certainly have no plans to expand weapon rows...the simplicity of the setup now is the power of it I think * max values for healing - You mean like the cleric lvl 17 life domain ability? The sheet supports that right now....the player should go and actively change the heal amount of the spells to the max value instead of a dice roll. I'm not sure why anything else would be needed as it would overcomplicate things surely? How many healing spells are there and how long would it take to update them all in the cleric's spell book?
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Hi Actoba, Is this one compatible with the previous playtest sheet, or there are too many differences in the attribute values used? I want to make sure if a switch would be easy or if they'd have to make some changes manually. Thank you! Nick.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
@Nick S - no, the 5e sheet is not compatible with the playtest. You should instead use the DnD Next playtest sheet which is still available for use. The 5e one should only be used with the full 5e rules
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
Thank you Actoba, I think i didn't convey the idea as I wanted, my apologies. I meant if I can switch the sheet on a campaign and the characters would still retain their STR, DEX and other common values in the new sheet; I am aware there will be some differences such as the proficiency bonus and the way some rolls are made.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Some attributes will be carried over but my recommendation is not to do it and just recreate the characters fully in a new character once you have changed the sheet....particularly because of the havoc that old attributes from other sheets can cause...I strongly recommend that you create the 5e character from scratch if you want to be sure of avoiding problems

Edited 1406746980
Actoba, I just switched the spellbook section header rows over to use header rows on my version, makes it a lot easier to read. I also switched the Spell level at the start of each page to your old H3, so if for some reason someone wants to view all, there is a clear red divider, which can be extremely helpful in a really long list. In case you'd consider doing something like that, I figured I'd let you know.
With dropdowns I have been able to do it. I have the cantrip for the Healing section working, now I have to copy it over to the rest. Then repeat for the damage section. I have it so with the dropdowns it defaults to the level in the spellbook. However advanced users can simply select a different casting level from the dropdowns. If only I could figure out how to get your 1e10 magic to work. I have to figure out how I broke yours. For some reason I can't even get a new attribute to work probably which just accesses your spell_base DC and adds PB twice to it. For some reason it adds an additional 1 to it.
I'd like to make mine available for mentors that are looking for a more full fledged sheet / API setup, but I don't know if that many people out there are willing to deal with a little extra complexity for the extra power.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Bryan K. said: With dropdowns I have been able to do it. I have the cantrip for the Healing section working, now I have to copy it over to the rest. Then repeat for the damage section. I have it so with the dropdowns it defaults to the level in the spellbook. However advanced users can simply select a different casting level from the dropdowns. A drop down to pick the level the spell is being cast at is not a solution imo....I have actively avoided dice queries and additional steps required immediately before using the on sheet macro's/buttons. The dice queries are gone because I, and others find it annoying to be constantly pestered with popup queries everytime you use the macro when the vast majority of the time you dont need it. Selecting a specific option on the sheet before using the button has been avoided because I hope that at somepoint we would have a better solution to the token action usability issues that we are all well aware off (hence why it's not used) and i'm not sure how you would handle that if people start using the button from their token action bar....and it's really no better than a dice query as far as I can see. Also, @Bryan K. It's probably best you create your own thread for your version of the 5e sheet if you want to offer it up to people and/or get feedback/help on it as it's probably confusing the issue asking for help or offering it to people in this thread. Additionally, i'd also say that my version of the sheet is indeed fully fledged and that your sheet is simply a different option as opposed to being a more "complete" sheet as was suggested (inadvertently or otherwise).
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Can any of those that reported problems with missing tabs/buttons when using various browsers and/or wrapping issues on the sheet with the previous version let me know if the update thats now available has fixed those issues...or if they are still seeing problems. Thanks
Sure thing Actoba. I made it a drop down, so you can leave it default, or you can select it to request input. Actoba, still a bug for skills tab, right section of skills, that one is still called Training. Left is Proficiency.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Bryan K. said: Actoba, still a bug for skills tab, right section of skills, that one is still called Training. Left is Proficiency. Oops, thanks! Fixed and ready for the next pull