Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

CombatMaster 2.0

Edited 1616522951
@Persephone I had that on and the only command I could seem to get to work as a player was the --show command to see conditions on my token. I couldn't bring up the conditions or favorites menu to apply them directly. I'll try playing around a bit more yet. Otherwise know what commands should work as a player? 3/23/21 - updates Played around a bit more. As a player I can do !cmaster --main to get the list of spells, conditions, faves and I can apply them to my token from there. So that's great.  !cmaster --show,assigned will give me the list of current conditions on any tokens I have selected Using the Spell menu to add a spell condition, is prompting for the duration/direction when I have override=True. So its only when it auto detects the spell being cast that it misses that part it seems. However, I have TargetedAPI = targets and it is still applying the charm person icon to the caster in addition to the concentration marker. It also seems that I can't remove a spell status from the Target from the turn announcement (garbage can). It has to be removed from the caster, anyone else see that? want to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

Edited 1616539073
Hi everyone! Normally I would figure this out myself, but I have problems figuring out scripting and was hoping I could get a recommendation?  I love my players but they're a bit dense where macros are concerned. I used to have a macro for either StatusInfo or Combat Tracker (I had both) that allowed me to assign a condition from a drop down. I just made the switch to CM last week because I'm impressed at what it can do, but I'm wondering if there's a macro that can do that, or if it's better to use !cmaster --main and try and get my players to actually use it to assign statuses? I poured through both this and the older thread but there's a serious chance I just missed it.  Also a question about this post because it's going to be relevant in my game tonight, regarding removing vision with blindness. I attempted to use the script you suggested, Persephone, but I wasn't able to get it to work. It is  possible I haven't set something up properly in TokenMod, which I'm about to dig into. But just to cover my bases:  1. !token-mod --api-as playeridentifier --ids tokenidentifier --set light_losangle|0 --on has_limit_field_of_vision  would function as a regular macro and not be put into the CM API/Macro add/remove sections? Or would it and the remove one ( !token-mod --api-as playeridentifier --ids tokenidentifier --set light_losangle|360 --off has_limit_field_of_vision ) go into the CM API/Macro add/remove sections wholesale? I've tried both routes but can't seem to get it to work.  (In case I'm being obtuse, that's putting the full macro into a regular macro and then the macro (yesblind and noblind, in my case) into the macro field, or putting the full !tokenmod macro into CM's macro field under the Blinded condition) 2. Provided it is an exterior macro, it'd look like this, right?   I admit I'm not 100% sure what to put in the API part, so that could be a big part of the issue. The macros themselves are pretty much as written in the linked post but with my replacements, which are plid and tokenid: "!token-mod --api-as plid --ids tokenid --set light_losangle|0 --on has_limit_field_of_vision" and "!token-mod --api-as plid --ids tokenid --set light_losangle|360 --off has_limit_field_of_vision". I've tried with both the original (which was... playeridentifier and tokenidentifier) as well. I can't seem to get any route to work so I'm going to dig further into tokenmod to see if that's the root of my issue.  I may be an absolute moron but CM is impressive as hell and the responsiveness on these threads is insane. If yall have time to help my macro-challenged brain I'd really appreciate it, but if not that's totally okay. I'm sure I'll dumb my way into it eventually! 
Heidi, you can absolutely use a macro to assign conditions on the fly. Here's one I use, to give you an idea of the syntax: !cmaster --?{Add or Remove|add|remove},condition=?{Condition or Spell|broken arm|broken foot|broken ribs|concussion|dodging|festering wound|flaming sphere|grappled|greater invisibility|haste|hidden|horrible scar|invisibility|lifedrained|limp|mage armor|minor scar|prone|rage|readied|unwavering mark|vowofenmity}
Also, my players are pretty dense about macros too. I do all the setup and make it as simple as possible for them to access macros (initiative and healing potions as token actions, etc.). Otherwise they won't do it. 

Edited 1616547180
Jay R. said: Heidi, you can absolutely use a macro to assign conditions on the fly. Here's one I use, to give you an idea of the syntax: !cmaster --?{Add or Remove|add|remove},condition=?{Condition or Spell|broken arm|broken foot|broken ribs|concussion|dodging|festering wound|flaming sphere|grappled|greater invisibility|haste|hidden|horrible scar|invisibility|lifedrained|limp|mage armor|minor scar|prone|rage|readied|unwavering mark|vowofenmity} Fantastic, thank you! Yeah, I can only imagine what hitting them with the CM condition window would do. I'm expecting a lot of deer in the headlights tonight!
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just double checking versioning. I have 2.42, was there a version change?
@Savage, p sure that's the latest version. @Victor, was doing a test encounter and now I'm getting this error crash every time I stop combat (token markers and turn graphics are not getting cleared like it normally does, but combat is stopped after rebooting API) TypeError: Cannot read property 'get' of undefined at returnMarkers (apiscript.js:34178:25) at removeMarker (apiscript.js:34166:29) at apiscript.js:33770:33 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at apiscript.js:33766:33 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) at removeConditionFromToken (apiscript.js:33761:44) at addConditionToToken (apiscript.js:33630:26) at apiscript.js:34776:29 at Array.forEach (<anonymous>) (I'm still using v2.39 to avoid the targeted duration issue I mentioned after v2.40)
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alright I'll take a look. Ping me on discord.  I'm going to need your help
Jay R. said: Heidi, you can absolutely use a macro to assign conditions on the fly. Here's one I use, to give you an idea of the syntax: !cmaster --?{Add or Remove|add|remove},condition=?{Condition or Spell|broken arm|broken foot|broken ribs|concussion|dodging|festering wound|flaming sphere|grappled|greater invisibility|haste|hidden|horrible scar|invisibility|lifedrained|limp|mage armor|minor scar|prone|rage|readied|unwavering mark|vowofenmity} Very cool, that's a nice simplification of a variant I used, however I have a small issue which I suspect is due to my ignorance of syntax. More specifically I want to be able to specify the duration/direction when I set some of the conditions. I use the suggested command which works along, but breaks nested in this kind of macro. For example: !cmaster --?{Add or Remove|add|remove},condition=?{Condition or Spell|boomingblade,duration=2,direction=-1|frightened} I am guessing I need to replace the commas with something but have no idea what. Does anyone happen to know perchance?

Edited 1617569614
Francesco said: Jay R. said: Heidi, you can absolutely use a macro to assign conditions on the fly. Here's one I use, to give you an idea of the syntax: !cmaster --?{Add or Remove|add|remove},condition=?{Condition or Spell|broken arm|broken foot|broken ribs|concussion|dodging|festering wound|flaming sphere|grappled|greater invisibility|haste|hidden|horrible scar|invisibility|lifedrained|limp|mage armor|minor scar|prone|rage|readied|unwavering mark|vowofenmity} Very cool, that's a nice simplification of a variant I used, however I have a small issue which I suspect is due to my ignorance of syntax. More specifically I want to be able to specify the duration/direction when I set some of the conditions. I use the suggested command which works along, but breaks nested in this kind of macro. For example: !cmaster --?{Add or Remove|add|remove},condition=?{Condition or Spell|boomingblade,duration=2,direction=-1|frightened} I am guessing I need to replace the commas with something but have no idea what. Does anyone happen to know perchance? !cmaster --?{Add or Remove|add|remove},condition=?{Condition or Spell|boomingblade|frightened},duration=?{Duration?|2},direction=?{Countdown?|Yes,-1|No,0} Not on topic, tl;dr For ease of understanding, queries ?{Question|answer 1|answer 2} replace the prefacing answer as soon as you enter a comma delimiter.  In the example before, if we add a Subanswer to answer 2 , the query result is subanswer : ?{Question|answer 1|answer 2,subanswer} .  Another way to think about it is this: ?{What Kind of Apples?|Macintosh Apples,macintosh|Red Delicious Apples,red delicious} The first answer would return as " macintosh " and the second " red delicious " ... the query ignores Macintosh Apples and Red Delicious Apples, because they are before the comma.  But you will see these as the options given, instead of the items behind the comma.  I used it in the answer I gave you: ?{Countdown?|Yes ,-1 |No ,0 } ; you just see Yes or No from the drop downs.  But when the query gets it, it returns -1 or 0. The same kind of caution needs to be in place with "|" "{" "}" "{{" "}}", as these and many other things are part of the actual function inside a query or macro.
Problem solved and knowledge skill improved in one post! Thanks Wolf Thunderspirit!
Hey everyone! Is Combat Master broken currently? I removed combat tracker and status info with the last version of CM from roll20's script library but it errors out imidiately. 

Edited 1617950335
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Go to here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster/blob/master/CombatMaster.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster/blob/master/CombatMaster.js</a> , copy as RAW and install as a new script.&nbsp; Remove all other references.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Shane B. said: I'm using the Concentration option with Combatmaster 2.0 and I have most of set up properly, however, I am stuck on getting it to notify when a Con save is needed.&nbsp; I have "check for save" checked and notify set to "everyone".&nbsp; I am using Bar 3 for hit points and I have it set to check Bar 3.&nbsp; I have attribute set to constitution_save_bonus.&nbsp; When I subtract hp from bar 3, no notification happens.&nbsp; I have tried setting bar 3 to hp to see if a notification happens when I adjust hp, but nothing.&nbsp; What am I missing here? Currently having the same problem, tried everything that was suggested and that I could think of to no avail. Any ideas?
Mahtaran said: Shane B. said: I'm using the Concentration option with Combatmaster 2.0 and I have most of set up properly, however, I am stuck on getting it to notify when a Con save is needed.&nbsp; I have "check for save" checked and notify set to "everyone".&nbsp; I am using Bar 3 for hit points and I have it set to check Bar 3.&nbsp; I have attribute set to constitution_save_bonus.&nbsp; When I subtract hp from bar 3, no notification happens.&nbsp; I have tried setting bar 3 to hp to see if a notification happens when I adjust hp, but nothing.&nbsp; What am I missing here? Currently having the same problem, tried everything that was suggested and that I could think of to no avail. Any ideas? These are my settings. This is my Concentration marker settings. When I apply my concentrating marker to a token and they minus HP from Bar 3 I get this. &nbsp;I also tested your settings and when the token has the concentration marker on it and HP is minus from Bar 3 it still works for me. So are you applying a concentration marker to the token? If no marker then no check.

Edited 1618148210
Right, might as well list my settings indeed. I am manually applying the concentration condition (not using a spell condition with concentration set to true), not sure if that is important. Here is my condition setup: My concentration setup And my token settings (just to make sure I am targeting the right bar)
WOW! This is all a lot for me to understand sorry. I have added the script to my game but do not know how to initiate the script. Is there a list of commands for roll20 to make the script activate? I am a GM who has been out of action for about 25 years. Sorry for my newbieness.

Edited 1618156381
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you look at your api settings page, each script has a tab.&nbsp; If you click on that tab, it will often show any info the script author wants you to know at the start.&nbsp; In this case, it includes the command that brings up your starting interface. Using that command brings up this: The little cogs on the conditions lines allow you to configure each line, but the bigger cog at the top is your overall script config tool.&nbsp; Clicking that brings you here: If you scroll to the bottom of your journal tab, there should be a listing for "Archived Handouts".&nbsp; If you click on that, it will bring up a list of handouts that you can restore (make them visible to open in the journal).&nbsp; There should be a bunch of handouts with documentation for CM there.&nbsp; You can restore them there, or they are all accessible through clicking the "i" in the upper right corner of the chat menus.
Thankyou so much Vic B and Kraynic. This was exactly what I was looking for to get me started. You are champion, cheers!!
Still doesn't work.

Edited 1618253373
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There may be an issue with detecting token changes.&nbsp; I'm not sure yet.&nbsp; I just tried to help someone else and the onready change against the token didn't work.&nbsp; Mine works, but I have to wonder if newer tokens are slight different, just enough to throw off CM.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1618352917
I am trying to turn off token vision when a PC gets the blinded condition, I went to add api for the blind condition and used {{ !token-mod --flip has_bright_light_vision has_night_vision}} @{selected|api} }} But it does not affect anything. I did the substitution as present as example in the help page. I tested the !token-mod --flip has_bright_light_vision has_night_vision in the chat box and it works.so no error on token mod part? I am using 2.42 from Vic's github.
@David M R. you're missing two arguments in the command. Make sure you set up substitutions for both PlayerID and TokenID and set up the command like this: {{!token-mod {{--api-as playeridsubstitution}} {{--ids tokenidsubstitution}} {{--flip has_bright_light_vision has_night_vision}} }}

Edited 1618359529
I must have the substitutions typed in wrong...? I have PlayerID {{!token-mod {{--api-as playeridsubstitution}} }} TokenID {{!token-mod {{--ids tokenidsubstitution}} }} Then copied and pasted the command you gave me above as the api for starting the condition. Also experiencing where it wont let me delete my substitutions. i click the trash next to them and it just gives me the Cmaster prompt with conditions and combat start.
Whenever I install this script a ton of archived handouts are made.&nbsp; Do these need to exist?&nbsp; I hate how they clutter up my transmog list during sessions.&nbsp; I like to keep the actual play session as clean as possible.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1618380952
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes they do.&nbsp; They are the help files for every page.&nbsp; Without them, help will abend.&nbsp; I put them in archive so they don't clutter anything else like your main.&nbsp; But yes you have to deal with it.&nbsp; &nbsp;Without the PDFs I have to publish a ton a text into the small chat box and that doesn't work well.&nbsp; Other APIs try to push tons of help into chat and it becomes virtually useless.&nbsp; I want the help in game, in CM, in PDF, so you can figure what's happening without having to go to a wiki or something else.&nbsp; It's all right there.&nbsp; Don't like the clutter, don't use the API.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B. said: There may be an issue with detecting token changes.&nbsp; I'm not sure yet.&nbsp; I just tried to help someone else and the onready change against the token didn't work.&nbsp; Mine works, but I have to wonder if newer tokens are slight different, just enough to throw off CM.&nbsp;&nbsp; Ah, that sucks, but I guess I will have to deal with it for the time being.
Hi everyone, does anyone know if it is possible to add a counter to a condition like it is in the CombatTracker? TIA
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That's what Combat Master does.&nbsp; Adds counters to conditions.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Ok. that means I'm just too dumb to use it!

Edited 1618758088
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No not at all.&nbsp; CM has a learning curve. Set duration (a number of rounds that the condition will remain on the character) and direction (whether the duration goes up or down each round) for each condition (or spell) that you wish to assign to tokens.&nbsp; As you step through the combat, the duration will be automatically incremented or decremented.&nbsp; If the duration gets to 0, the condition is automatically removed.&nbsp; Most conditions are duration of 10 and direction of -1 (1 minute of game time before condition is removed).&nbsp; Some conditions last so long, there's no reason to have a countdown, so in that case, set duration of 1 and direction of 0.&nbsp; The condition will remain until the DM removes it.&nbsp;&nbsp; Each menu in CM has an info icon on the upper right in the title bar.&nbsp; You can click on it in order to view a help file.&nbsp;&nbsp; If you are using Combat Tracker, that's different.&nbsp; Combat Tracker/Status Info haven't been supported in a long time.&nbsp; That's a different API altogether.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1618759483
thanks for the explanation. I will have a look. Should I be still dumb after that I will ask again. :D
Hello, I love this tool and it has been extremely useful. I just noticed that the initiative circles, zoom to icon, and the data that shows up in the chat on each characters turn is no longer working. I don't see any of this while using the tool. I have tried different browsers, reset to defaults, and removed/re-installed the tool but still does not work. Is anyone else experiencing this issue or is it just me?
OMG NVM...seems none of that works unless the player banner is on that page...time to setup my custom conditions again.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You have to be on player ribbon page.&nbsp; I tried fixing but Roll20 architecture doesn't allow for it.&nbsp; Everyone makes that mistake
Victor B. said: You have to be on player ribbon page.&nbsp; I tried fixing but Roll20 architecture doesn't allow for it.&nbsp; Everyone makes that mistake Since this has come up so regularly, could you have a menu line that says "Only works on Player Ribbon Page". I know I made this mistake, betting a lot of people do.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Roll20 objects don't return enough info for CM to know that it's not on player ribbon page.&nbsp; If it did, I could move combat between pages.&nbsp;&nbsp;
What about a reminder sent to chat on API start up? That'd probably be enough to help new users.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I could do that.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Hello Everyone, I'd really like to try this, however when I install it (tried both from the Roll20 API drop-down list AND also tried copying the latest version 2.42 from GitHub) and as soon as I try the !cmaster --help command I get an error message that the script have been disabled due to an error: If I go with !cmaster --main I don't get the error though ....
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Go here and grab this version <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a>
Victor B. said: Go here and grab this version <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> Ok I grabbed the latest version 2.42 and.... !cmater --help still doesn't work, it crashes the script every time. Anyway no big deal, everything else works fine! And I can still get the help by just clicking on the "i" icon on each menu
There is a debug line left on in this script I think.&nbsp; Its spamming an unnecessary message in the sandbox: Thread is here...
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It's going to be a bit before it's fixed.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Is there a place I can find a list of possible commands/parameters to use in the chat? Besides !cmaster --main, I mean.
Hello. I've been looking, but can't seem to find it - is there a way to clear all the turn markers after the combat has ended? Currently, I have to go click on them and delete them. It's probably something obvious that I'm missing, any help would be appreciated!
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, under status, set clear conditions on close to true.&nbsp; Removes everything.&nbsp;&nbsp; CM uses menus as the primary way to assign/remove conditions.&nbsp; If you wish to macro something hold your mouse over the icon in question and the command that is launched is lower left corner of brower.&nbsp;