Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

CombatMaster 2.0

What is this "one click" install/update I've seen mentioned? And where do I find it? :)

Edited 1642618752
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Look in the game's API settings page.  The one-click is just the API scripts available from the dropdown list.  There are also many other scripts that are not on the list, but you must add those as a new script.  Cheers

Edited 1642630782
I've managed to get everything for Concentration working, except for the auto-save (notification). i.e. "Check for Save" option doesn't seem to do anything; no matter how much damage I deal to the concentrating character, no save - or mention of a save - is made. After some research, I thought maybe the '5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion" API script was required. But even after adding it, there doesn't seem to be any event handling of when a concentrating character's hp are reduced. Getting desperate, I starting trolling the code myself and discovered that all the concentration.autoRoll checks, beyond the setting and retrieving of the attribute's value, are disabled....
I'm trying to track conditions across multiple encounters, and while the markers do persist, the turn card for each player no longer shows the status once combat has been restarted. Initial combat:    After combat is stopped and restarted:    And I do have the option to clear conditions on close turned off:

Edited 1642722795
Further to the above issues, if I copy and paste the token, the condition on the turn card returns... doubled. So if a character had a single condition, they now have that condition twice. If I again copy and paste the token, they get it 4 times. I just tried this again with a different token, and it's trippling  the conditions on each copy-paste.
When I need to keep conditions after an encounter I just delete all the entries in the turn order, deleting the round entry 2nd to last to avoid the API crashing, then close the turn order and delete the turn markers. I don't stop combat in those cases, and this only works on the same map. If you want to keep conditions and transfer the tokens to a new map unfortunately you'll just need to make note of them and re apply them to fresh tokens on the new map.

Edited 1643161782
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone has a work around, but you can't keep your conditions persistent across encounters, especially if you are changing maps.  Roll20 architecture prevents combat from crossing maps.  I've tried my best but they simply aren't tracking enough info in their campaign objects to get combat going again.  It's pretty much one combat at a time on one map at a time.  No way around it unless Roll20 improves their architecture.  
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brian you are using the OLD concentration script.  That isn't combat master.  The old one hasn't been supported for years and does auto-roll.  CM doesn't auto-roll.  It simply notifies you when a con check is needed.  As far as getting in CM the notification to roll, you need to go to the concentration menu, select your bar.  Make sure the bar number is in lower case, meaning you selected it.  Make sure your con modifier is set to constitution_bonus.   There's numerous issues like this I haven't had time to address.  
Hey Victor, thanks so much for responding. I've been eyeing that old concentration script as an alternative, but I haven't installed it or copied it in. I'm pretty sure I had CM configured properly, but I'll check again and play with it some more now that I have recalibrated my expectations :). And yeah, I've accepted I can't track conditions across combat (well). It's not a huge deal. Thanks again for all your hard work

Edited 1643556673
Any suggestions on how to get CM to recognize custom markers? I've had them for ~ 2 weeks, restarted the API probably close to 50 times over that time (both naturally and while messing around setting up my new campaign). Other scripts recognize them just fine. I feel like I'm just missing something dumb:
I've been using CM for a looong time now, but about a month ago it just stopped working. I've disabled most other scripts now and still no joy. Now I have GroupInitiative, TokenMod, 5th Ed OGL, libTokenMarkers in addition to CombatMaster What I'm getting is this; For reference, the error message generated was:  Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains NaN in property 'rotation' Error: Firebase.update failed: First argument contains NaN in property 'rotation' at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:9:186) at Ba (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:207) at Aa (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:8:462) at Ea (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:10:403) at J.update (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:146:318) at TrackedObj._doSave (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:905:27) at Timeout.later [as _onTimeout] (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/underscore/underscore-umd.js:1153:39) at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:549:17) at processTimers (internal/timers.js:492:7)
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Alexander, that's still one click which is broken.&nbsp; Go to my github and get the latest from there <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a>
Victor B. said: Alexander, that's still one click which is broken.&nbsp; Go to my github and get the latest from there <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> Ah, ok, thanks - I used to be a github version man but when it seemed stable I switched to OneClick and haven't really kept an eye on this thread since then...until the problems! Guess I knew I shouldn't have trusted Roll20! On the other side, NOT having CombatMaster shows me just how much I've come to be reliant and dependent on it, which is testament to all the work you've put in, so thank you once again :-)
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also, the latest Roll20 release changed something in the turnorder.&nbsp; CM will not populate the turnorder.&nbsp; Same happened to group init, which TheAaron already fixed.&nbsp; I'll be posting a fix either tonight or tomorrow.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
v.2.46 available here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> One click will get updated when I have more time, which will be sometime this century Fixed the change to turnorder.&nbsp; Turnorders are now populating.&nbsp;&nbsp;
@Victor did the Roll20 update even with the fix you released cause the rest of the features to temporarily not work?&nbsp;
I have the timer flag set to false yet I'm still getting timer countdowns on plyer tokens - anyone else see this issue?
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I saw the marker token keep spinning after I set to false.&nbsp; So the two may be similar.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
v2.47 here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a> Alexander, when you shut off the timer and it's currently active in the green bar on the main menu is a button to pause timer and stop timer.&nbsp; Click the stop timer to remove it.&nbsp; Otherwise, it should shut off permanently when you stop and restart combat.&nbsp;&nbsp; There was an issue getting an animated marker to stop animating.&nbsp; The above release fixes that.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Is there a way to add tokens to the initiative through combat master once you've started (other than rolling their initiative individually)?&nbsp;
darius p. said: Is there a way to add tokens to the initiative through combat master once you've started (other than rolling their initiative individually)?&nbsp; Hi mate, run the macro&nbsp;!cmaster --turn,start --main with the new token/s selected and it will add them in. I think if you have auto sort ON it will jump back to the start of the order so its safest to run it at the start/end of the round. But please keep in mind if you select tokens already in the turn order they will get duplicated. I use this a lot if I'm rolling the players and then enemies they cant see on the GM layer. Hope it helps!&nbsp;&nbsp;
Hi! I'm trying to get this working for the first time and I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I used to use Combat Tracker. I'm selecting my PC tokens (all linked to character sheets with Initiative Bonuses recorded), and then starting combat from the chat interface "play" button. It rolls Initiative, but does not populate the Turn Order window. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
Amelia P. said: Hi! I'm trying to get this working for the first time and I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I used to use Combat Tracker. I'm selecting my PC tokens (all linked to character sheets with Initiative Bonuses recorded), and then starting combat from the chat interface "play" button. It rolls Initiative, but does not populate the Turn Order window. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Answered my own question - updated to 2.47 manually and it's fixed now.
The following messages always show, even when it is not round 1: "Round 1, it's now your turn!" and "Round 1's turn is done."
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
darius, I use group init to add groups of tokens after combat has started....install it, choose 5e (assuming that's what you're playing) and then all you need to do is select the additional tokens and run it.&nbsp; They get added.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Amelia, you're probably running one click version.&nbsp; Roll20 changed their turnorder architecture in the last week which broke CM (and group init).&nbsp; Go to gtihub and get this version and install as new script.&nbsp; You simply copy the code using the RAW button from github and paste into the new script window.&nbsp; Delete the one click version <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a>
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nathanial, I'm not sure the issue is coming from Combat Master.&nbsp; I don't display messages like that at all.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B. said: Nathanial, I'm not sure the issue is coming from Combat Master.&nbsp; I don't display messages like that at all.&nbsp;&nbsp; I figured it out. It was the API, "TurnMarker1."
Hello I just installed Combat Master from the github repo (2.47) and even if the options are set to true the features Center Map on Token and the Marker are not visible. Am i missing something ?&nbsp;
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
Max said: Hello I just installed Combat Master from the github repo (2.47) and even if the options are set to true the features Center Map on Token and the Marker are not visible. Am i missing something ?&nbsp; Players ribbon maybe?

Edited 1644444853
Nico
Pro
First of all thank you for what is one of my favourite Roll20 scripts. I've got 2.47 from github as well after the one click version stopped working and the architecture change etc. Aside from the missing marker's Max pointed out, I'm also wondering if it is possible to get the Round and turn announcement back going. I make heavy use of the condition round timers and they dont seem to trigger or be affected by the direction modifier as the turn comes up. I also love the rerolling initative feature but can't seem to use it. In that regard, I'm not sure if it's helpful, but this afternoon my party started in the third or so round of combat and the initative counter was in the turn order from last session. After we got there, it rerolled initative - so I think that part of the script works fine. However the new turn order did not include it and so I got around it by clearing the turn order, selecting the tokens and starting initiative again manually each round. Hope that helps, but I know very little about writing scripts so Idk. Much gratitude regardless.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The reroll initiative each round is something not a lot of people have used, so it might be broken.&nbsp; I'll check it out
I installed Combat Master from the github repo (2.47) and even if the options are set to true the features Center Map on Token and the Marker are not visible. in addition it is not keeping track of condition timers. any solution? Ps. thank for the work this is an amazing API.&nbsp;
Victor B. said: The reroll initiative each round is something not a lot of people have used, so it might be broken.&nbsp; I'll check it out It did work fine rerolling initiative when it was set from last week. I think it will only work when the "round 1" turn is added to the end of the tracker, which is failling to proc since the initiative update.
tenebris l. said: I installed Combat Master from the github repo (2.47) and even if the options are set to true the features Center Map on Token and the Marker are not visible. in addition it is not keeping track of condition timers. any solution? Ps. thank for the work this is an amazing API.&nbsp; Do you have the player ribbon on the correct page? I have been using this for over 2 years and still forget it.
Nico said: Victor B. said: The reroll initiative each round is something not a lot of people have used, so it might be broken.&nbsp; I'll check it out It did work fine rerolling initiative when it was set from last week. I think it will only work when the "round 1" turn is added to the end of the tracker, which is failling to proc since the initiative update. I'm also finding the round tracker is no longer working, not super critical in my games just a nice to have.&nbsp;
Is there a way to remove the green and red circles that show whose turn it is and the next character's turn?
Nathanial I. said: Is there a way to remove the green and red circles that show whose turn it is and the next character's turn? Open Combat Master (!cmaster --main) click the gear(settings) click turnorder and change "Use Marker" to False and "Use Next Marker" to None

Edited 1644865600
Has there been a solution posted to fix rerolling Initiative every round? CombatMaster seems to be working but I still cant get it to reroll.
Great Api, got the conditions working with custom markers, Group-Init is going well but the chat messages and markers suddenly stopped working but i cannot find why.&nbsp; please some help!
Jared said: Nathanial I. said: Is there a way to remove the green and red circles that show whose turn it is and the next character's turn? Open Combat Master (!cmaster --main) click the gear(settings) click turnorder and change "Use Marker" to False and "Use Next Marker" to None Perfect! That totally worked. Thanks. :)
Combat Master has stopped working in all my Roll20 games. When tokens are highlighted (and the red ribbon on the right map) it places the correct outlines, but says no tokens are correct for turn order, and the turn order doesn't open.&nbsp; Not sure what is happening.&nbsp;

Edited 1645361625
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
JASON H. said: Combat Master has stopped working in all my Roll20 games. When tokens are highlighted (and the red ribbon on the right map) it places the correct outlines, but says no tokens are correct for turn order, and the turn order doesn't open.&nbsp; Not sure what is happening.&nbsp; Just checking, but did you read further up the thread? Roll20 introduced a breaking change to the turn order, and the 1-click version hasn't been updated yet. Get the updated code here.&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/CombatMaster</a>

Edited 1645380780
noticed today that running CM (neither 2.42 or 2.47) no round announcement is displayed in the chat anymore? What am missing?
It works when you move forward the turns by clicking the tick of the chat messages.
Thanks Iosu :)&nbsp; my fault. Was pretty sure it worked by clicking the right pointing arrow from the Turn Tracker.&nbsp;