Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Official [AD&D 2E Revised] Update thread

Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Dark mode It has just come to my attention that there are some problems with the new Dark Mode and the sheet. I have not tested Dark Mode myself, so as of this time the sheet does not  support Dark Mode. I will look into it and for now do the bare minimum for making the sheet work with Dark Mode. I do not have any grand plans to implement an actual Dark mode theme for the sheet. CSS is not my strong suite... 😅 Default Game settings It has come to my attention that the game settings does not work as expected for adding books. I have found the bug and sadly it is on Roll20 ends so a real fix is very far off. A fix on my end is a little more troublesome, but I am working on a fix :)

Edited 1647111830
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Bug fixes and Spelling error! 4.7.1 Github PR: Pull Request Hello everyone. I have been around various bugs on the sheet, and are now ready with a little bug fixing for you all :) Fixed AC and Damage images on the 2Eattack rolltemplate Thank you for the heads up on this Erik H. ! Before After Another bug on Roll20's end. Apparently they do not have a single consistent way of handling images. Much to the frustration to me when I just assume that things work . Never assume anything when it comes to Roll20! Added missing styling for 2Eprotscroll rolltemplate Thank you for the heads up on this  Erik H. ! Before After Apparently the styling was never added... crazy! Added missing styling for 2Einversecheck rolltemplate Before After Apparently the styling was never added... crazy! Fixed Default Sheet Settings not being saved correctly Thank you for the heads up on the this Bilbo 2 ! Before After This was all due to a bug on Roll20's end. I will create a bug report and send to Roll20 in the hopes of getting a permanent fix for this in the future. But for now I have managed to work my way around it. Also I added Default Sheet Settings for the Sphere extensions from the book of Druids and Necromancers. Enjoy! Fixed label colors when Dark Mode is active Thank you for the heads up on this Maarken ! Before After As I have said before. I have no plans for further supporting dark mode on the sheet. My lack of skill in the area of design and colors would result in such a feature to take far longer to implement than I am willing to spend. Aligned Monster Surprise and Morale buttons Thank you for the suggestion Erik H. ! Before After Fixed spelling errors Fixed a lot of spelling errors. Thank you to Erik H.  for finding all these errors and sending them to me, in a super easy to read overview, allowing me to fix them all in no time! Keep up the good work, and keep sending me more of my blunders! :D That is it for this time I hope these fixes will make your games smoother, and the alignment will help your eyes to relax. If anyone finds an error, please just post here on this thread, so that other people can see that the error has been found. You are also welcome to write me a direct message, if that is what you prefer! Happy gaming, and may the dice ever roll a nat 20! 
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Fix for "Apply Default Settings" button. 4.7.2 Github PR:  Pull Request The Apply Default options button did not update fields as intended for books. This has now been fixed

Edited 1648624329
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Fixed sub-attribute buttons. 4.7.3 Github PR:  Pull Request I just noticed yesterday that almost all the buttons for the sub attributes did not apply the Misc Modifier as expected to the calculations. All buttons have now been changed so that a positive modifier in the Misc Modifier pop up will improve your chances, and a negative modifier will decrease your chances for success. Before After I also fixed the Bend Bars / Lift Gate button for the Player's Option attributes to show the same descriptive text as the standard button Before After This is it for this time! I hope some of your games will get a use out of this! Since no one have reported this bug, it seems like these buttons are rather under utilised, but never the less they are now fixed!
Just a suggestion for something I'd find really useful: Where we have this (which I have only just worked out how to use properly (d'oh!)): Can it be altered so that whether the character has succeeded or not comes up in an easily readable format? Otherwise, I get confused. Thank you!
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Lexin said: Just a suggestion for something I'd find really useful: Where we have this (which I have only just worked out how to use properly (d'oh!)): Can it be altered so that whether the character has succeeded or not comes up in an easily readable format? Otherwise, I get confused. Thank you! My DM has requested the exact same Thing. I guess math is Hard xD Yes that can be made and quite easily actually, as The rolltemplate for exactly that has already been made. I have been thinking of adding it but My time has been spend on other things :p I would love to make a poll about this kind of stuff to get an indication of the mood.  I got 1 more bug / improvements that I would like to fix, then I will look into this
I do understand the viewing of the normal sheet rolling for saves. I have always incorporated the 2Esave template an all character / monster / NPC sheets. It does make for a quick and easy read. So my vote is for the template.... ;)
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Possible change: More Roll templates Hello everyone, as Lexin and Bilbo 2 has hinted at I am thinking of using more roll templates on the sheet. Starting with the Saving throws and Magic resistance.  Here is an example of what that could look like: Current (base roll) Possible change (roll template) As this is not my sheet, but out sheet I would like to know what the general mood is for this change. I do not want to maintain both the old way and the new way, so I will let the majority decide what way the sheet will move forward. So please post a comment below here with your opinion on: What do you prefer, Base roll or Roll template?
the template looks far cleaner and is what i would prefer, for sure... if you are willing and able to do it, i feel like it would be well recieved even by those DM's and Players who do not look at this thread ever... so, to be clear more templates please :D
Peter, Your freaking sheet rocks hardcore. I am a fan and am happy you've included all the things that I need for info for mycharacters. That being said, any timeframe (if any) on getting the psionics  in the drop downs, like  the cleric and wizard spells?

Edited 1649095604
That roll template looks perfect, so yes, please! Thank you! PS: Math is hard. 
Template is a big yes!
Now a psionic template would be cool. But it could be quite difficult. As there seem to be 2 different option in how psionics are played. There is the Player Option version & the Complete Psionic version. My workaround was to do them with Power Cards API (pro perks) But they work pretty good..... ( The Complete Psionic version )

Edited 1649139834
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Shonuff Cor said: Peter, Your freaking sheet rocks hardcore. I am a fan and am happy you've included all the things that I need for info for my characters. That being said, any timeframe (if any) on getting the psionics in the drop downs, like  the cleric and wizard spells? Hello Shonuff Cor. Thank you for your kind words! I love to hear the feedback from you guys <3 To answer your question right away: No current timeframe as of now A little more context for that answer: Unlike the other classes, I have never personally played a psionic myself, not on paper or digitally. Therefore I have no good internal feeling for the class and what aspects are tedious and what book keeping is annoying to maintain. To put this in perspective, I have played plenty of priest (to the extend that my DM asks me for clarification on priest rulings), and therefore felt the what is annoying to handle. Examples are: Keeping track of your spellbook, as clerics gets A LOT of spells Keeping track on what spells are memorised and how many instances of the same spell is memorised, and how many slots you have left for the day. Sharing the rulings of spells, as some spells are not very clear, example is the priest spell Command, that states to have no saving throw but in the description says that targets with more than 13 wis do get a saving throw, or Bless that gives +1 to attack roll, but in the description says that it does not affect targets already engaged in melee  combat. Every time you reach a new spells level you have to go through the entire list of spells to see what spells is in your schools and what is outside your schools. These struggles helped me imagine what the future could look like, and what features were needed to support this. Point 2 inspired the button to reset the spell counter on spells, as my players had trouble resetting all of them at every rest. Point 3 inspired the full spell text template to ensure everyone had the same information when going through a spell. Point 4 inspired the button to add new spells for priests based on available schools. Now back to psionics. I could go through the psionics handbook and try to add everything I read, but if it even would be helpful or how the input / output of that information should be presented is unknown to me, as I have never had it in my own hands and struggled with it. I have had other players ask for Psionoic support and suggestions on how to implement it, but I am still feeling unsure about the best way to do it. The nature of Roll20 is that once something is implemented it is very hard to change it down the road (see my changes to gems and weapons from the past). To not be a complete downer, I will say that once I am done with the Player's Option books and more roll templates, then I will try and take a stab at the psionics books and see what I can do.
Peter B. said: I will say that once I am done with the Player's Option books and more roll templates, then I will try and take a stab at the psionics books and see what I can do. If you want me to be the "YOU" in your priest analogy..when it comes to psionics. i wouldn NOT mind AT ALL, helping you. i feel you've done great work with the sheet as it is, and since psionics first got semi codified in 2e, i mean illithids, aboleths, and even players would love some Psion love. lol. hit me up in discord if you needs. #Shonuff2322 
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Shonuff Cor said: Peter B. said: I will say that once I am done with the Player's Option books and more roll templates, then I will try and take a stab at the psionics books and see what I can do. If you want me to be the "YOU" in your priest analogy..when it comes to psionics. i wouldn NOT mind AT ALL, helping you. i feel you've done great work with the sheet as it is, and since psionics first got semi codified in 2e, i mean illithids, aboleths, and even players would love some Psion love. lol. hit me up in discord if you needs. #Shonuff2322  Thank you for the offer. I will definitely reach out to you along with other players when the day comes I take a look at psionics :)

Edited 1649660478
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Roll templates for saving throws! 4.8.0 Github PR: Pull Request Hello everyone.  I asked earlier if you wanted more roll templates, and the consensus seemed to be that roll templates was the way to go. Therefore I have added the roll templates for saving throws and for magic resistance. Roll templates for saving throws This change is for characters, followers/henchmen, and monsters. All messages are still only whispered to the DM/GM. Saving throws Before After Magic resistance Before After Updated roll template design This update also slightly redesigns the roll templates to indicate what number should be higher or lower than the target. The header color was also made a bit less bright Before After Header colors for all roll templates Added new header colours to all the roll templates. Colors are: red, yellow, blue, dark-blue, green, orange, gray, brown, purple, dark-purple. For your custom roll templates (not those built into buttons on the sheet) add these by using {{color=xxx}}. I am working on updating the wiki page to document this change Roll template cleanup The 2Echeck and 2Einversecheck roll templates has changed to no longer always add the text "Check vs. {{checkvs}}" when adding something to the {{checkvs}} attribute. You can still add it yourself if you want to. Removed hidden Poison save bonus No longer adds the Poison save bonus from high constitution (19 or more) to the Poison saving throw, as not all races benefit from this bonus. You can still add it manually to the saving throw modifier table on the character -> Info -> Tracker tab. Here are the calculations before and after the change. Before [[1d20+(@{poimod})+(@{conpoisonsave})+(@{misc-mod})]] After [[1d20+(@{poimod})+(@{misc-mod})]] This is it for this time I hope you will enjoy the output using roll templates If this is a success I will continue to change more buttons to use roll templates for output further down the line!
Fantastic! Thank you!
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Lexin said: Fantastic! Thank you! You are welcome :) 

Edited 1649877539
Richard @ Damery
Pro
API Scripter
Just found a little issue that I'm not sure whether it is the sheet or Roll20. If I set a token bar to, say, the AC field of the character sheet the token represents, the relevant token circle displays the "current" property of the AC field, and the token bar fields show both "current" and "max" as expected.  However, if I want to change the AC to a negative number, such as an armour class of -1, selecting the token circle and entering "0-1" in the data entry box that appears next to it then pressing [Enter], displays -1 in the token circle, and looking at the token details also shows -1 in the relevant bar data field.  However, looking at the Character Sheet shows the AC field is blank! It is possible to get the field to update the character sheet AC field by using maths: e.g. if the token circle is showing "3", then selecting that token circle and typing -4 into the entry field and [Enter] will change the token circle to -1, and update the Character Sheet AC field from 3 to -1 correctly. However, (a) the players often use the 0-n type notation to enter a negative number into a token circle, and (b) I think having the token field and the linked Character Sheet field getting out of step is probably a bug?  Is this a Character Sheet issue, or something Roll20 is doing?  I'm surprised I've not noticed it before - is this something new?
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
That is definitly a Roll20 issue. I have no control over the tokens or how a token bar and a field is linked together.  To confirm this try and make a new game using a different sheet and update a field in the same way as you have done here. :) 

Edited 1649934701
Richard @ Damery
Pro
API Scripter
Peter B. said: That is definitly a Roll20 issue. I have no control over the tokens or how a token bar and a field is linked together.  To confirm this try and make a new game using a different sheet and update a field in the same way as you have done here. :)  [Edit:] As the 5e sheet has similar issues (though slightly different, see below) I've raised the issue with the Dev Team, as clearly there is an issue on their side.  I've suggested that the Character Sheet should be sent the resulting evaluation (i.e. the -1 resulting from 0-1) as shown in the bar#_value field of the token, rather than the string as typed - I assume the Advanced 2e sheet is getting "0-1" and rejecting it as an invalid format for the field, which is expecting a valid number rather than an expression or string value. OK, tried with the Roll20 D&D 5e sheet, and the token updates in exactly the same way, but the "ac" field on the sheet updates to "0-1" (exactly what was typed) which would work in a roll calculation such as [[ [[1d20]] - [[@{charName|ac}]] ]].  So while not ideal (the 5e sheet is still showing a different value from the token) it works better than a blank field.  I'll raise the issue with the dev team, but it would be helpful if the 2e sheet worked at least in the same way as the 5e sheet? In the mean time, I'll ask the players to use the "math" way of getting negative numbers for AC.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
It might be that the fields on the adnd sheet is number types while the fields on the 5E sheet is text type. That might show some of the difference. If that is The case then Ill just change the AC fields to be text. That should also enable you to just write "-1" instead of "0-1" when needing to update the field
This sheet looks incredible but a few questions: 1: Where are saving throws? I've searched everywhere on the character sheet and don't see them. The Monster Sheet has them clearly labeled? 2: Is there a way to "bake" the roll templates into the buttons on the sheet? So any button I click on the sheet, say click to make a weapon attack, uses the template? Thanks!
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
The Mercenary DM said: This sheet looks incredible but a few questions: 1: Where are saving throws? I've searched everywhere on the character sheet and don't see them. The Monster Sheet has them clearly labeled? 2: Is there a way to "bake" the roll templates into the buttons on the sheet? So any button I click on the sheet, say click to make a weapon attack, uses the template? Thanks! Hello, hello! 1. Saving throws can be found under the following tabs: Character Sheet -> Info -> Tracker. You are not the first who have had trouble with finding the saving throws :) 2. It is sadly not possible to "bake" roll templates into all buttons. When I took over the sheet it, non of the buttons used roll templates, so I followed that design. I have as of late changed my stance on this and are now working on adding more roll templates, if the community likes it. If you want to use more roll templates, you either have to create macros yourself, or get a Pro subscription, get the sheet code from the github repository and edit the buttons to output roll templates, and then host the sheet as a custom sheet in a game. All of this might be a bit much to ask :) Hope all of this helps. Have a good day! 
Peter B. said: The Mercenary DM said: This sheet looks incredible but a few questions: 1: Where are saving throws? I've searched everywhere on the character sheet and don't see them. The Monster Sheet has them clearly labeled? 2: Is there a way to "bake" the roll templates into the buttons on the sheet? So any button I click on the sheet, say click to make a weapon attack, uses the template? Thanks! 2. It is sadly not possible to "bake" roll templates into all buttons. When I took over the sheet it, non of the buttons used roll templates, so I followed that design. I have as of late changed my stance on this and are now working on adding more roll templates, if the community likes it. If you want to use more roll templates, you either have to create macros yourself, or get a Pro subscription, get the sheet code from the github repository and edit the buttons to output roll templates, and then host the sheet as a custom sheet in a game. All of this might be a bit much to ask :) Hope all of this helps. Have a good day!  If you want roll templates for roll results and other features, you could also look at the RPGMaster series of APIs for Peter's sheet.  The APIs also require a Pro subscription for the DM, however (players do not need anything other than a free subscription).
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Bugfix for resetting spell slots. 4.8.1 Github PR: Pull Request So apparently I managed to break the spell slots reset button, when only resetting for the current level you are watching. I don't know when I managed to do that, but here is a fix for it. The button was only broken when trying to reset the current level. It worked perfectly fine when resetting slots across all levels . That is it for this quick fix Hope it will help someone out there other than myself :P
You know the roll templates on saving throws, which are things of beauty and I love them to death? Or the death of my players' characters... Can we have the same for rolls on attributes? Pretty please? I use those a lot as some of my scenarios have been adapted from scenarios for CofC and am struggling to see if people have succeeded or not.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Lexin said: You know the roll templates on saving throws, which are things of beauty and I love them to death? Or the death of my players' characters... Can we have the same for rolls on attributes? Pretty please? I use those a lot as some of my scenarios have been adapted from scenarios for CofC and am struggling to see if people have succeeded or not. Absolutely if the community wants it. I'll do another "poll" :)
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Possible change: Roll templates for attributes As Lexin  asks for above, would everyone else also prefer roll templates for attribute rolls? Before After Now it is your time to "vote" :D What do you prefer? What do you prefer? Base rolls or Roll templates?
Obviously I think the roll templates are much, much easier to understand. But I would say that!
Peter B. said: Possible change: Roll templates for attributes As Lexin  asks for above, would everyone else also prefer roll templates for attribute rolls? Before After Now it is your time to "vote" :D What do you prefer? What do you prefer? Base rolls or Roll templates? Template, easy answer :D
Templates, definitely.
Templates......;)
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Sounds like the votes are in. Now I just need to decide on a color for the template header :P Thank you for the feedback :)
absolutely Templates
Gold
Forum Champion
Roll Templates are cool, but only if it works (readable) in Dark Mode and Light Mode of roll20. /em is readable in Dark Mode Roll Template depends on color choices

Edited 1652373909
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Gold said: Roll Templates are cool, but only if it works (readable) in Dark Mode and Light Mode of roll20. /em is readable in Dark Mode Roll Template depends on color choices Hmm yeah that is true. This is The unfortunate part of being a Developer in My position. Roll20 decided to Roll out dark mode and force it on everyone. As a Developer I have no control over turning it on an off.  I have no need for it personally and therefore I am not interested in spending My time supporting it, that combine with My limited CSS skills. This decision gives a poor experience for users Who expect it to work, without question or knowledge of how sheet Development work.  I am not trying to tell anyone that they use Roll20 i correctly, but merely explain the situation I am in.  I will try and take Darkmode into consideration, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, the sheet does not support Dark mode as of right now, and I have plans on adding anything beyond fixing what is unreadable.  I hope you understand. 

Edited 1654065632
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Rolltemplates for Ability score buttons. 4.9.0 Github PR: Pull Request Hello everyone. As discussed above, more Roll templates will be coming to the sheet. This time the focus is on ability scores rolls. Roll template output for Attributes Before After Here is the new format for ability score output using Roll templates. With this change, the button for the Open Doors check also got a bit smarter. If you have high Strength allowing for knocking down locked, barred, or magical held doors, the button will ask you for what kind of door you are knocking down: The only button on the Attributes page that has not been changed is the "React" button, as this roll does not have any target value to beat. It will still output as an emoted text: Improved Roll template readability in Dark mode As pointed out by Gold, the inline rolls was not very readable on a Roll template when Dark mode was active. This has been changed to follow the same color scheme as the default color from Roll20 Before After I hope this makes it readable for all! :) This is it for this time I hope you will enjoy these changes! I am still hard at work on a major update, so stay tuned for whenever I get it finished up for all of you!
so i know this sounds stupid but what change do i have to make in game.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Rick said: so i know this sounds stupid but what change do i have to make in game. Nothing. Just sit back and wait for Roll20 to push out the update. It can take up to one week
Gold
Forum Champion
I don't mind (don't care) if you do anything with Dark Mode ON THE SHEET. It's important, however, that Roll Templates (which output to Roll20's chat) are readable when the user has the CHAT in Dark Mode. You see, someone who is using Dark Mode can suffer through looking at a white-mode sheet. It looks fine. It's playable. If the Roll Template doesn't work in Dark-Chat, that renders the whole game unplayable.  You see, /em and normal Text chat (not formated by Roll Template) ARE already readable in Roll20 Dark-Chat. It's only if the Sheet author purposely Colorizes roll templates, in a color set that doesn't work on Dark-Chat, that will ruin the playability for the group as a whole. Please toggle your Test game On-Off between Dark Mode / Light Mode, with each Roll Template showing in your Chat, to test for readability. I personally use only Dark Mode and will never not use it. I understand you don't use it personally. Again, I believe visually impaired users can continue to struggle through the consistently-light Character Sheet (black text on white background). What's disasterous is when we get Roll Templates that have Designated-Black Text on a transparent background. It becomes Black on Black. This is whether you're the DM, or a fellow player, or the player-in-question who has that character sheet.  I haven't done a full test of the current Roll Templates myself, since the 2E games I'm in have a combination of Sheet-Rolls and also DM-created Macros, so I'm not entirely sure which ones are the source of the unreadable ones right now. An example is when spells have a Spell Description, usually the description text has been black-on-black (unreadable) in some recent game sessions. If I get a chance to do testing & screenshots for you, for this, I will. In the meantime I just want to raise the heads-up to the importance of color-testing Roll Templates (Sheet rolls), on Dark Mode toggle. Please.  Peter B. said: Gold said: Roll Templates are cool, but only if it works (readable) in Dark Mode and Light Mode of roll20. /em is readable in Dark Mode Roll Template depends on color choices Hmm yeah that is true. This is The unfortunate part of being a Developer in My position. Roll20 decided to Roll out dark mode and force it on everyone. As a Developer I have no control over turning it on an off.  I have no need for it personally and therefore I am not interested in spending My time supporting it, that combine with My limited CSS skills. This decision gives a poor experience for users Who expect it to work, without question or knowledge of how sheet Development work.  I am not trying to tell anyone that they use Roll20 i correctly, but merely explain the situation I am in.  I will try and take Darkmode into consideration, but as I mentioned in an earlier post, the sheet does not support Dark mode as of right now, and I have plans on adding anything beyond fixing what is unreadable.  I hope you understand. 
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Gold said: If the Roll Template doesn't work in Dark-Chat, that renders the whole game unplayable.  Please toggle your Test game On-Off between Dark Mode / Light Mode, with each Roll Template showing in your Chat, to test for readability. If I get a chance to do testing & screenshots for you, for this, I will. In the meantime I just want to raise the heads-up to the importance of color-testing Roll Templates (Sheet rolls), on Dark Mode toggle. Please.  I completely agree with your point of view that the game becomes unplayable, and that is not my desire at all. I merely tried to explain the situation I was in regarding to the scope of the changes I am willing to make to dark mode. I did toggle Dark Mode on and ran through a lot of the roll templates, and they all seam readable to me, after I changed the inline roll color to be orange. I have also tested spells with descriptions and I have not experienced black on black situations. Looking at a spell from my current campaign with dark mode on, looks like this: To me at least thi is completely readable. Maybe not pretty, or Dark Mode stylised, but it is readable. If you experience something else in your game, feel free to take a screenshot and send it to me. Also please confirm if your game is running the newest version of the sheet, or some custom version. If the game runs a custom version, it is the host of the game that needs to update the custom code to have readable colours :)
I think he got it pretty good... a dark mode & normal mode pic...
i have yet to turn on dark mode beside a quick click to view,   I don't even like it to be honest,  so for people that like it how are you using it.  Maybe i just don't understand it!

Edited 1654065661
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Rick said: i have yet to turn on dark mode beside a quick click to view,   I don't even like it to be honest,  so for people that like it how are you using it.  Maybe i just don't understand it! It is fine. I do not what this thread turning into a big dark mode discussion, so let us leave it here :) 

Edited 1654066461
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Fixed Add Priest spells button. 4.9.1 Github PR: Pull Request I just realised that I accidentally turned off the functionality for the Add Priest Spells based on spheres buttons, back in version 4.7.1. Fix one bug, introduce another. Programming in a nutshell. I have now fixed it so that it works again. Good thing that you guys level up super slow, so you did not realise that the button was broken. Or maybe... you just do not use it? No, that cannot be true! :P That is it for this time Hope some of you find this useful! The next major update is still on its way. I have made some good progress and I am starting to see the finish line. Stay tuned!
Can I ask a question? How does the calculation work when people use the character sheet? See the screenshot below - I would have expected a simpler calculation to this, and when my players see this, they always (but always!) question it.  I'd like some explanation that I can understand to put to them.
Peter B.
Pro
Sheet Author
Lexin said: Can I ask a question? How does the calculation work when people use the character sheet? See the screenshot below - I would have expected a simpler calculation to this, and when my players see this, they always (but always!) question it.  I'd like some explanation that I can understand to put to them. What part do you need explained? From The Book you calculate the AC that you hit by rolling a D20, in this case 11, then you add any modifiers to The Roll, in this case +2, for a total og 13. The you take your ThAC0, in this case 18, and subtract the modifier roll from it, making the final calculation 18 - 13 = 5 AC.  Do you need an explanation of how the modifier of +2 is calculated?