Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet

Edited 1435999558
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D&D 5e Shaped sheet. SEE LATEST . Notable features: Core page is based on the design of the official paper sheet . The core sheet is meant to present the information in a more concise, redable way so that users can find information quickly. Optional Settings tab has been added. Custom Classes NPC Actions have been added New Weapons Spellbook can be sorted by "Prepared", "Ritual", or Concentration. Many many more Release You can select the sheet as an option under campaign settings. If you are a Mentor you can import the latest HTML/CSS into your campaign. NPC Import/Conversion Please see my script thread: [Script] D&D 5e Shaped NPC Importer & Converter Future Changes: Custom settings: I'm willing to add custom options/variants as long as they are technically feasible and can be hidden away without effecting users who do not want it. Requests and issues Please include the "Shaped" term when posting about this sheet. I will do my best to respond to posts here. You can also open issues on github or contact me by PM, Twitter (@mlenser), gchat, or skype. If you have ideas/suggestions or want to work together I'm quite open. Differences between this version and the default version: PCs remain mostly the same. Things that have changed: Armor Vision Spell Prepared, Ritual, Concentration Class specific Expertise Jack of All Trades (retoggle it in 1 place) NPCs lose most everything, but the old NPC sheet is still included and you can use conversion/import scripts. Download or select it from the list of options
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
FYI I will be on vacation for ~2 weeks. I will check in often, but will be less available and won't commit any new code during that time. The others around here are quite helpful as well, so hopefully it won't be too empty if people have questions. Upon returning I will remove the old NPC sheet.
Be safe and enjoy your vacation! Thanks for your hard work mate!
Mark said: NPC Inport/Conversion *Import ;). I'll echo Sergio, and for anyone who hasn't used the Shaped Sheet highly recommend it, lot of time and effort to make a great sheet.
The P Perc at the top of the Core sheet doesn't adjust when you add a bonus down in the Skills section (passive bonus to the right of the Dice button).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Matt L. said: The P Perc at the top of the Core sheet doesn't adjust when you add a bonus down in the Skills section (passive bonus to the right of the Dice button). Confirmed. I will fix that in a few weeks.

Edited 1433499207
The new weapons don't seem to add Class Actions that are assigned to fire on Melee and Ranged weapon attacks, however the old weapons still seem to have this functionality (but the old entries are no longer tied to the quick actions at the top of the sheet). I had made some class actions for sneak attack, barbarian rage, and hunter's mark ... of course the wily rogue noticed it but that dumb barbarian kept forgetting to add his extra damage :) Is the macro field in the new weapon section intended to be used for this kind of stuff instead?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I added it on the quick weapons, but did it incorrectly. I'll have to fix both quick weapons and normal weapons for class actions when I'm back from vacation. Macro is for something else entirely. For a Barbarian's rage I recommend using bonuses & penalties to add 2 dmg there.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Mark, just in case you didn't see it...there's a question/problem mentioned in this thread ...
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If any of the other coders are around I would appreciate it if they pull my latest changes and compile w/ gulp. I've made changes, but only on github. I don't have a dev system setup on my chromebook. If anyone else is able to compile and send me a pull request I'll accept it. I have fixed passive perception and I believe new quick weapons/new weapons to use class actions. Let me know. Otherwise I will try on another PC here.
It looks like the ranged attack and damage bonuses are also not being added by the new weapon / quick weapon rolls. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2041942/d-and-d-" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2041942/d-and-d-</a>...
How do I setup a Class Action that calls one of the defined weapon attacks on my sheet but modifies the damage (IE one click to show the weapon attack "card" but add 1d6 sneak attack to the damage and display the name of the class action as opposed to the name of the weapon)?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
McBeefsteak said: How do I setup a Class Action that calls one of the defined weapon attacks on my sheet but modifies the damage (IE one click to show the weapon attack "card" but add 1d6 sneak attack to the damage and display the name of the class action as opposed to the name of the weapon)? You're better off making your own macro for that case. Use a weapon, hit the up arrow in the chat. Copy & modify that to your own macro.

Edited 1433721541
McBeefsteak said: How do I setup a Class Action that calls one of the defined weapon attacks on my sheet but modifies the damage (IE one click to show the weapon attack "card" but add 1d6 sneak attack to the damage and display the name of the class action as opposed to the name of the weapon)? I've played around with 2 ways of doing it, going to ask my players next week which one they like better. I normally just have it always output the class actions and only add it when it applies. I find this way helps new players remember they have special abilities. Method one is just making a class action and checking the box to have it apply to relevant weapon attacks. We use this with the old weapons. Method two is making a class action, then putting this in the macro for the weapon attack, which works with the new weapon pages. &{template:default} {{@{classactionname1}=@{classactionoutput1}}} I'm not sure how to use a different template or to get it to appear in the same attack block as the weapon with that second method. FYI: Class Action 1 for the rogue is named "Sneak Attack!" and the output is [[1d6]] in case that helps.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
7th June 2015 Passive Perception in the header now corectly adds the bonus Class Actions added to new weapons I've compiled it so hopefully roll20 will make it live early this next week.
New weapons don't work. They output only title and subtitle in atack-template. No atack/damage/etc rolls.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Zerginwan . said: New weapons don't work. They output only title and subtitle in atack-template. No atack/damage/etc rolls. Sounds like you don't have it setup correctly. Click the buttons for attack and damage and fill them in.

Edited 1433800314
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
8th June 2015 Hide fields that shouldn't be displayed from weapons output now that class actions are added to the new weapons Remove name from the emote Shrunk some elements on the core page - mainly skills

Edited 1433805493
Hello mark I have a feature request assuming you take request. I am going to implement the alternative "Vitality Points" that they released in the Unearthed Arcana: Variant Rules It would be awesome to have a way to track this on the character sheet
Second request would be in your 5E script to add an ammo recovery chance to the auto ammo feature. Something you could turn on or off. maybe I am being lazy but my current party is heavy on archers and the very first thing they do after combat ends is look to recover arrows. I was thinking that if the auto ammo skipped reducing the ammo occasionally then it would save a little play time. I am open to other suggestions as well. can ammo slots be called from a macro?
Hey; so, uh...I can't drag spell cast/info buttons and cannot figure out how to % reference them. Looking at the HTML, all I see is roll_SpellCast and roll_SpellInfo, but using those in a % reference gives a "No ability was found for %{Kava|roll_SpellCast}"
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spells are repeating. They cannot be referenced. This was done before my version of the sheet and I cannot change it. Hopefully roll20 fixes this soon. Go vote on the feature request. Robert I'll take a look at your requests soon.
Uriah B. said: Hey; so, uh...I can't drag spell cast/info buttons and cannot figure out how to % reference them. Looking at the HTML, all I see is roll_SpellCast and roll_SpellInfo, but using those in a % reference gives a "No ability was found for %{Kava|roll_SpellCast}" Sadly you can't drag items in your spellbook to Macros, it's a suggestion that has seen a list of visibility. your best bet is to cast the spell as you want it. Then click the chat and press the up arrow. Copy that txt into a macro button you create.
Yeah, I just saw that. That really blows. Only two ways to fix it seem to be either repeating list macro support from the dev end, or static spell list, which isn't fun. :(
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Uriah B. said: Yeah, I just saw that. That really blows. Only two ways to fix it seem to be either repeating list macro support from the dev end, or static spell list, which isn't fun. :( Please leave a comment to the included suggestion even if you don't have a vote. Repeating items(fieldset) really need an update. Official support for repeating sections in character sheets
My players are having an issue where they're rolling on the character sheet via their tablet: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/Z8Emmec.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/Z8Emmec.png</a> Rolls come out like this, works fine when it's not on the tablet. Using the 8th of June version
Vince said: Uriah B. said: Yeah, I just saw that. That really blows. Only two ways to fix it seem to be either repeating list macro support from the dev end, or static spell list, which isn't fun. :( Please leave a comment to the included suggestion even if you don't have a vote. Repeating items(fieldset) really need an update. Official support for repeating sections in character sheets How does one "Get a vote"?
Robert N. said: Vince said: Uriah B. said: Yeah, I just saw that. That really blows. Only two ways to fix it seem to be either repeating list macro support from the dev end, or static spell list, which isn't fun. :( Please leave a comment to the included suggestion even if you don't have a vote. Repeating items(fieldset) really need an update. Official support for repeating sections in character sheets How does one "Get a vote"? <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Forum_Voting" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Forum_Voting</a>

Edited 1433851923
Uriah B.
Sheet Author
Voted and commented. Had another question and one feature suggestion I thought of. First off, I see the sheets been getting updated in the past few days, even within the official github. Yet my sheets in my game still are the May 26th version. Any clue why they might not be updating? As for features, I see you have a plan to make spells reduce the amount left. Can that be applied to the spell point variant? Or at least get a field added for spell point cost on the roll template? Right now I have my players adding it to the Spell description.
couple quick questions 1: Is it me or did class actions stop working? 2: I want to add a output to all damage rolls, the output would be "Vitality" (Damage Roll / 10) any guidance?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
RMcD said: My players are having an issue where they're rolling on the character sheet via their tablet: <a href="http://i.imgur.com/Z8Emmec.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/Z8Emmec.png</a> Rolls come out like this, works fine when it's not on the tablet. Using the 8th of June version This is a known bug on roll20's end: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1982072/nested-i" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1982072/nested-i</a>... Uriah B. said: First off, I see the sheets been getting updated in the past few days, even within the official github. Yet my sheets in my game still are the May 26th version. Any clue why they might not be updating? Roll20's default version looks like it has been updated to June 8th. I have no control over how quickly they update from github. If you're still seeing an earlier version you or your GM need to update. Uriah B. said: As for features, I see you have a plan to make spells reduce the amount left. Can that be applied to the spell point variant? Or at least get a field added for spell point cost on the roll template? Right now I have my players adding it to the Spell description. This feature will likely not be easy or even possible. We'll see. It's not a high priority as the implementation will be difficult if it is possible. Spells could also use a way of increasing the spell level. That is the higher priority around spells. I can look into printing out the point cost for those who have spell points toggled on. Robert N. said: couple quick questions 1: Is it me or did class actions stop working? 2: I want to add a output to all damage rolls, the output would be "Vitality" (Damage Roll / 10) any guidance? 1. This is extremely vague. What sheet version are you using? What class action are you using that no longer works? Where is it set to output? I am able to roll the class action directly. Example: Heal [[1d10 + @{fighter_level}]] I am also able to add class actions to the new weapons. Please provide information of how you see it broken. 2. Vitality would require redoing the macros for weapons. No way to use the damage total without API and API wouldn't be able to modify it, only print out the vitality. Writing a vitality version of the macros is the best way that would work.
Class action not working, probable something I am doing wrong. Sheet version: 30th May 2015 I was using class action to add Sneak attack damage for the Rouge. Sneak Damage [[1D6]] set to Melee Weapons and Ranged Weapons Using the Button in the class action works Using the Melee button on the weapon does not apply the Class action Using the button in the top area seems to work but the output looks odd Robert N. (GM): {{Sneak Attack=Sneak Damage 4}} 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 {{showclassactions=1}}} and then, using the abilities button does not apply the class action.Here is teh line in one of teh abilitys %{Lyra Darshee|repeating_weapons_melee_0_weapon}
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert N. said: Sheet version: 30th May 2015 Problem identified. I just fixed the class actions and new weapons. That's only on new versions, not one from almost 2 weeks ago. :)
Hard to keep up with the new versions :) Thank you for all your efforts
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert N. said: Hard to keep up with the new versions :) I post a changelog here and on github . Ideally all users should check that before posting any bugs. If you update (or use the roll20 version which is now on June 8th) it should be solved. Please let me know if you see anything different. :)
Mark said: Zerginwan . said: New weapons don't work. They output only title and subtitle in atack-template. No atack/damage/etc rolls. Sounds like you don't have it setup correctly. Click the buttons for attack and damage and fill them in. Nope. I used all fields except bonus and macro. Now i'm using macro, where i put atack\damage macro. It's little bit wierd for me, but it at least work.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Zerginwan . said: Nope. I used all fields except bonus and macro. Now i'm using macro, where i put atack\damage macro. It's little bit wierd for me, but it at least work. They definitely work. If you want me to look into this further please specify the sheet version and take a screenshot of how your new weapons look.
Sheet version - 8th June 2015
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The issue is you have "+" in your fields. Remove those and everything will work.
Thanks!

Edited 1433895296
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Robert N. said: Hello mark I have a feature request assuming you take request. I am going to implement the alternative "Vitality Points" that they released in the Unearthed Arcana: Variant Rules It would be awesome to have a way to track this on the character sheet From a technical standpoint showing this instead of HP will be difficult. We'll see how popular the demand for them becomes. From what I've read they break the game quite significantly and I don't plan to use them, but if I can support them in a good way I will try. I can look into it later, but the least work scenario would be to put these on the settings page and just reference them via the token bars. I don't think littering the core page with alternate rules buttons is a great choice unless those rules have a fair amount of support. Robert N. said: Second request would be in your 5E script to add an ammo recovery chance to the auto ammo feature. Something you could turn on or off. maybe I am being lazy but my current party is heavy on archers and the very first thing they do after combat ends is look to recover arrows. I was thinking that if the auto ammo skipped reducing the ammo occasionally then it would save a little play time. I am open to other suggestions as well. can ammo slots be called from a macro? Ammo recovery is difficult. It's not nearly as straight forward. I don't believe recovery is spelled out in 5e - in 3.X you recovered half the missed ones. So to make that a script you'd have to run a command to roll a d2 X amount of times and print that number out (or even save it). I could easily make a script to process the number recovered if you supply the amount that missed, but saving it back to that weapon is tricky. Ammo slots cannot be modified by a macro, but the current value can be shown in chat. How did you envision it working? Zerginwan . said: Thanks! I'm glad we could get it all figured out. Thanks for being patient! :)
The 5e rule for ammo recovery is that if you spend 1 minute after combat you can recover half the ammo used. It's in the player's guide on the page that describes the weapon ammunition property.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
MysterX said: The 5e rule for ammo recovery is that if you spend 1 minute after combat you can recover half the ammo used. It's in the player's guide on the page that describes the weapon ammunition property. That makes it easier. Though I'm not sure how Robert envisions the script working. It would have to be quite lengthy in command to make it auto fill the ammo of a certain one unless I could somehow attach it to the weapon itself under some button. Let me know what you had in mind Robert.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
9th June 2015 Resize quick fields to allow more room for hit and +dmg Shrink saves and checks to match skills' height Reorder pages to put Weapons, Actions, and Spellbook much earlier
Mark said: Roll20's default version looks like it has been updated to June 8th. I have no control over how quickly they update from github. If you're still seeing an earlier version you or your GM need to update. I am the GM, but didn't realize I'd have to go to change the sheet and click save changes just for it to update. Figured roll20 would auto-grab that. My bad :p Mark said: This feature will likely not be easy or even possible. We'll see. It's not a high priority as the implementation will be difficult if it is possible. Spells could also use a way of increasing the spell level. That is the higher priority around spells. I can look into printing out the point cost for those who have spell points toggled on. You have a todo for "Make spells automatically reduce the amount left" so I wasn't sure if auto would be possible with spell points as well. No biggie. For higher spell levels, my players just recreate the spell at a higher level slot. Printing the point cost would be a blessing though. Just having it within the macro is all that's really needed. My players use one of the token bubbles/bars to keep track of spell points, so it's easy to do the subtraction themselves; they just often forget how much a spell costs.
Mark said: MysterX said: The 5e rule for ammo recovery is that if you spend 1 minute after combat you can recover half the ammo used. It's in the player's guide on the page that describes the weapon ammunition property. That makes it easier. Though I'm not sure how Robert envisions the script working. It would have to be quite lengthy in command to make it auto fill the ammo of a certain one unless I could somehow attach it to the weapon itself under some button. Let me know what you had in mind Robert. I missed the rule in the book but still the hard part has been tracking how many were spent. guess it really is not that big a deal.
Mark said: Robert N. said: Hello mark I have a feature request assuming you take request. I am going to implement the alternative "Vitality Points" that they released in the Unearthed Arcana: Variant Rules It would be awesome to have a way to track this on the character sheet From a technical standpoint showing this instead of HP will be difficult. We'll see how popular the demand for them becomes. From what I've read they break the game quite significantly and I don't plan to use them, but if I can support them in a good way I will try. I can look into it later, but the least work scenario would be to put these on the settings page and just reference them via the token bars. I don't think littering the core page with alternate rules buttons is a great choice unless those rules have a fair amount of support. I have not seen anything that shows a negative side to this optional rule. could you share what you have found ? I would hate to introduce something that has a flaw in it...

Edited 1433999052
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Uriah B. said: I am the GM, but didn't realize I'd have to go to change the sheet and click save changes just for it to update. Figured roll20 would auto-grab that. My bad :p You have a todo for "Make spells automatically reduce the amount left" so I wasn't sure if auto would be possible with spell points as well. No biggie. For higher spell levels, my players just recreate the spell at a higher level slot. Printing the point cost would be a blessing though. Just having it within the macro is all that's really needed. My players use one of the token bubbles/bars to keep track of spell points, so it's easy to do the subtraction themselves; they just often forget how much a spell costs. Roll20 doesn't auto grab. If you're a mentor you have to continuously update. It's not great. :( I'll definitely do spell points as well. They would be much easier to subtract automatically. I will definitely add it to my TODO. It would be a very "quick win". Doing it for the Vancian casting system shouldn't be tremendously more difficult. I'll look at this all when I get back. I will also print out the point cost. Robert N. said: I missed the rule in the book but still the hard part has been tracking how many were spent. guess it really is not that big a deal. I can't provide an encounter tracker for ammo via the API. It's unfortunate, but I think it's best to just do manually as the API would not simplify the process - it would make it more complicated actually. Robert N. said: I have not seen anything that shows a negative side to this optional rule. could you share what you have found ? I would hate to introduce something that has a flaw in it... <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/391ktm/un" rel="nofollow">http://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/391ktm/un</a>... is the best critique of the system. I really don't understand the "ignore any damage under 10". HP is a very simple system that works well. Ignoring all damage under 10 doesn't work well. Along with the other issues brought up there. We shouldn't discuss this at length in this thread (though a few replies is fine). If we want to discuss the larger merits of the variant rules I'd suggest opening a new thread here.
Mark said: Robert N. said: I missed the rule in the book but still the hard part has been tracking how many were spent. guess it really is not that big a deal. I can't provide an encounter tracker for ammo via the API. It's unfortunate, but I think it's best to just do manually as the API would not simplify the process - it would make it more complicated actually. I have changed my mind and think manually is going to be a better option my original thought was to add an % 50/50 change at the time the ranged weapon was fired to not lose the ammo. Mark said: Robert N. said: I have not seen anything that shows a negative side to this optional rule. could you share what you have found ? I would hate to introduce something that has a flaw in it... <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/391ktm/un" rel="nofollow">http://www.reddit.com/r/dndnext/comments/391ktm/un</a>... is the best critique of the system. I really don't understand the "ignore any damage under 10". HP is a very simple system that works well. Ignoring all damage under 10 doesn't work well. Along with the other issues brought up there. We shouldn't discuss this at length in this thread (though a few replies is fine). If we want to discuss the larger merits of the variant rules I'd suggest opening a new thread here. I disagree with that authors interpretation of the variant. but you are right further discussion should be in another thread.

Edited 1434088061
Mark, I noticed a problem with my character sheets tonight (they are dated June 8th) - I'm not sure what the best way to test this would be but maybe you can figure it out or suggest some tests. One of my players rolled a melee critical hit on the 2nd attack die (he had advantage from a class feature), he said he used the quick weapon button, but it did not display the 'if made with advantage' critical damage. I saw it happen again for a player using a ranged weapon, but I'm not sure which button she used. I noticed one of my monsters got that extra damage text show up when it got a crit on the 2nd die, so it may be different between the NPC sheet and the player one. Now it seems like after messing around with the crit ranges to reproduce this, it sometimes works if I modify the crit range down from 20? Difficult to test since it requires a natural 20 on the second die roll. It seems like I can only reproduce this if the critical die is set to 20, but I get the expected info if I modify it to make testing easier.
MysterX said: Mark, I noticed a problem with my character sheets tonight (they are dated June 8th) - I'm not sure what the best way to test this would be but maybe you can figure it out or suggest some tests. One of my players rolled a melee critical hit on the 2nd attack die (he had advantage from a class feature), he said he used the quick weapon button, but it did not display the 'if made with advantage' critical damage. I saw it happen again for a player using a ranged weapon, but I'm not sure which button she used. I noticed one of my monsters got that extra damage text show up when it got a crit on the 2nd die, so it may be different between the NPC sheet and the player one. Now it seems like after messing around with the crit ranges to reproduce this, it sometimes works if I modify the crit range down from 20? Difficult to test since it requires a natural 20 on the second die roll. It seems like I can only reproduce this if the critical die is set to 20, but I get the expected info if I modify it to make testing easier. I just tested this with my june 8th sheet, I set up a macro to click the button for me and found that every time it came up with the "advantage" crit it gave me the alternate damage option and text. I made up a player template for this purpose too. I was testing this from the GM side though, but I don't think it would make any difference. All I can say is that I couldn't replicate it with 200 rolls. Outside of this, I have noticed that targeted spells do not show the target's AC like targeted melee attacks do.