Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .

The new D&D 2024 sheet is now available!

Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder sheet thread 4: Life after Sam

vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Yep.  Thank you Elicoor and Pete! Update : Currently all patches and updates will be included in the next big reveal from roll20.  We just have to wait out the bugs till then.  As always, Pro accounts can download the latest "pre-merged" version from Github directly and used as a custom sheet.   Do so at your own risk since some of the new features/changes (js sheet workers, repeating section new naming/id path using $) will only work on the Dev. In regards to the new repeating section id's added in the 11/10 update currently on the Dev only.  Anyone using off-sheet macros that include repeating item attributes will either need to drag/drop a new repeating button roll (customize your macro text as needed), and/or edit your existing macro adding "$" after row numbers.  example:  @{repeaitng_weapon_0_name} would need to be this @{repeaitng_weapon_$0_name}, otherwise the attribute will not be found.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Proposal: Remove the preset buttons: Problem :  Old drag/drop buttons or those used from within another macro by name will stop working. Solution :  drag/drop a new button from the repeating section directly and delete the old one. I vote for a clean break and cut the presets all together. Truthfully, I don't think there's any reason to keep the preset buttons(0-26) at all.  Each preset is just a macro that pulls from repeating attributes. They were added because you couldn't call repeating button rolls by their name or drag/drop.  We've had to support two different versions for sheet rolls for too long.  Repeating sections are better than the presets in every way with this update! Thoughts?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I think we can remove them, if they have to be renamed anyway everyone's macros will break that uses them.
Phillip G.
Plus
Sheet Author
Not a bug, but I have noticed that the Attack roll template does not have the field "Type" in bold. I think it looks a bit funny on the display.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
New PR #1157: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... Includes ALL current code. Git was complaining about merge conflicts and I couldn't figure how "make" it work... easier to just use the merged code and create a new PR. Fixed an unclosed div that was causing problems.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Phillip G. said: Not a bug, but I have noticed that the Attack roll template does not have the field "Type" in bold. I think it looks a bit funny on the display. Agreed. &nbsp;On the list. &nbsp;;-)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oops. I fixed the div on the site, but probably forgot to commit it to github... Yeah I had to manually merge

Edited 1448481167
I am hoping this is the right place to do this, and if I am not, I am sorry. I am trying to do a macro for my dual short sword fighter. &nbsp;He has 7 levels in fighter and has improved two weapon fighting. &nbsp;I am trying to do one macro for all 4 swings. &nbsp;I am having a difficult time with this though. &nbsp;Does anyone have any suggestions they can share on this? I should elaborate, I am trying to name each attack after the two weapons, "Neck Slasher" and "Blade Dancer" &nbsp;but it is not bolding the names, and the crit rolls always show. Here is the macro so far, if needed: &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{Angelos|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{Angelos|character_id}}} {{name=Unleash the Beast}} {{Attack 1: Neck Slasher=[[1d19cs&gt;@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-target} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance}+ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_masterwork} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_attack} + @{Angelos|STR-mod} + @{Angelos|bab}]]}} {{Damage 1: Neck Slasher=[[@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-dice-num}d@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-die} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-ability}]]}} {{critical Confirm 1: Neck Slasher=[[1d20 + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance}+ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_masterwork} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_attack} + @{Angelos|STR-mod} + @{Angelos|bab}]]}} {{critical Damage 1: Neck Slasher=[[(@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-dice-num} * (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-die} + ((@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-ability}) * (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-multiplier} - 1))]]}} {{type=@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_type}}}

Edited 1448496213
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Dizzle, the roll templates only recognize the key(property) for attack, attack2, attack3, etc. and damage, damage2, damage3, etc. &nbsp;If you change the key's name (what's on the left) to something the roll template does not recognize, then none of the roll template logic for attacks will be applied. &nbsp;Here's a guide on the wiki for the PF sheet that may help:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>... You can name your attacks, damages, or any defined key(property) of a roll template for that matter by only changing what's to the right of the " = " ie {{Attack 1: Neck Slasher=...}} should be {{ attack= Neck Slasher=&nbsp;}} if this is the first attack. Your first attack should be "attack=..." and the second attack should be "attack2=..." same for damages and crit_confirm If you need more help about the macro itself, please post back. &nbsp;Hope this helps. Happy Turkey Day Here's a macro for 4 attacks with a prompt for a modifier for each attack. &nbsp;You can replace the prompts in the macro with an actual modifier/penalty if you like. &{template:pf_attack} {{character_name=@{Angelos|character_name}}} {{character_id=@{Angelos|character_id}}} {{name=Unleash the Beast}} {{attack=Neck Slasher [[ 1d19cs&gt;@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-target} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance}+ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_masterwork} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_attack} + @{Angelos|STR-mod} + @{Angelos|bab} + ?{Attack Modifier?|0} &nbsp;]]}} {{damage=[[ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-dice-num}d@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-die} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-ability} ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance}+ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_masterwork} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_attack} + @{Angelos|STR-mod} + @{Angelos|bab} + ?{Attack Modifier?|0} &nbsp;]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-dice-num} * (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-die} + ((@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-ability}) * (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]}} {{type=@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_type}}} {{attack2=Neck Slasher [[ 1d19cs&gt;@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-target} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance}+ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_masterwork} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_attack} + @{Angelos|STR-mod} + @{Angelos|bab} + ?{2nd Attack Modifier?|0} &nbsp;]]}} {{damage2=[[ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-dice-num}d@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-die} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-ability} ]]}} {{crit_confirm2=[[ 1d20 + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance}+ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_masterwork} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_attack} + @{Angelos|STR-mod} + @{Angelos|bab} + ?{2nd Attack Modifier?|0} &nbsp;]]}} {{crit_damage2=[[ (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-dice-num} * (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-die} + ((@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-ability}) * (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]}} {{attack3=Neck Slasher [[ 1d19cs&gt;@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-target} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance}+ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_masterwork} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_attack} + @{Angelos|STR-mod} + @{Angelos|bab} + ?{3rd Attack Modifier?|0} &nbsp;]]}} {{damage3=[[ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-dice-num}d@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-die} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-ability} ]]}} {{crit_confirm3=[[ 1d20 + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance}+ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_masterwork} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_attack} + @{Angelos|STR-mod} + @{Angelos|bab} + ?{3rd Attack Modifier?|0} &nbsp;]]}} {{crit_damage3=[[ (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-dice-num} * (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-die} + ((@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-ability}) * (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]}} {{attack4=Neck Slasher [[ 1d19cs&gt;@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-target} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance}+ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_masterwork} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_attack} + @{Angelos|STR-mod} + @{Angelos|bab} + ?{4th Attack Modifier?|0} &nbsp;]]}} {{damage4=[[ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-dice-num}d@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-die} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-ability} ]]}} {{crit_confirm4=[[ 1d20 + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance}+ @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_masterwork} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_attack} + @{Angelos|STR-mod} + @{Angelos|bab} + ?{4th Attack Modifier?|0} &nbsp;]]}} {{crit_damage4=[[ (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-dice-num} * (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-multiplier} - 1))d@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-die} + ((@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_enhance} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage} + @{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_damage-ability}) * (@{Angelos|repeating_weapon_2_crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]]}}
This is awesome! Thank you so much, Vince!

Edited 1448658171
Pretty sweet character sheet, I really like the customization options. Nevertheless, I can see some improvements in the spell area. It would be pretty sweet it would be possible to add another spellcasting class under spells, also, if the spell list would be separated by class that's be wicked. I personally don't know how to do that, but it'd be pretty wicked. Anyways, as said, great sheet!

Edited 1448659279
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Simnu said: Pretty sweet character sheet, I really like the customization options. Nevertheless, I can see some improvements in the spell area. It would be pretty sweet it would be possible to add another spellcasting class under spells, also, if the spell list would be separated by class that's be wicked. I personally don't know how to do that, but it'd be pretty wicked. Anyways, as said, great sheet! Currently you can have up to 3 spell classes( caster-class 0,1,2 ), however all spells classes spells are grouped by spell level only. &nbsp;;-( &nbsp;In the past, this is mainly due to the shear amount of code that would have to be added to the sheet. &nbsp;That said, we may be able to implement some sort of sorting function with the latest Roll20 update that includes the addition of javascript (sheet workers) which are actively being implemented on the Dev.
Vince said: Simnu said: Pretty sweet character sheet, I really like the customization options. Nevertheless, I can see some improvements in the spell area. It would be pretty sweet it would be possible to add another spellcasting class under spells, also, if the spell list would be separated by class that's be wicked. I personally don't know how to do that, but it'd be pretty wicked. Anyways, as said, great sheet! Currently you can have up to 3 spell classes( caster-class 0,1,2 ), however all spells classes spells are grouped by spell level only. &nbsp;;-( &nbsp;In the past, this is mainly due to the shear amount of code that would have to be added to the sheet. &nbsp;That said, we may be able to implement some sort of sorting function with the latest Roll20 update that includes the addition of javascript (sheet workers) which are actively being implemented on the Dev. Poorly written, I meant additional spellclasses. That might just be me going way overboard with the amount of different classes. And good luck with a sorting function, without knowing anything about coding, I really wish you the best! Also, really quick reply, thanks man!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Multiclass-Multiclass-Caster &nbsp;:-)
Hi there, very new user so may be screwing things up but when I enter my attributes in the character sheet it is not autopoluating the corresponding modifier, and that's basically killing the entire process. I can't manually add the modifier. I have a friend who said it for sure used to autopopulate but isn't showing on hers now either. Did something break? on a related note, I can't seem to select any attribute to add under the BUFF section either - I can put the description of the buff in but not select any of the options. help?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Tim. &nbsp;All fields on the sheet that have a blue-gray background are disabled auto-calculated fields that do not allow user editing/input. &nbsp;They rely on other attributes to get their value. &nbsp;Make sure you have entered something in the other fields. &nbsp;ie If you add 2pts to the ability base column of any ability on the Core tab|Ability Scores, the Mod column will increase automatically by 1. &nbsp;If none, or only some of the fields on the sheet are working there may be a problem with your browser. &nbsp;Only use Chrome or FF. &nbsp;Explorer, Edge, and others will not work properly on Roll20. &nbsp;As far as the Buffs array; each buff consists of 2 rows, only the toggle, name and notes are editable on the top row. &nbsp;All macro text fields on the bottom row accept input... normally. &nbsp;As you toggle a Buff on, the total for a given category(column) will be seen along the bottom of the array and will affect other areas of the sheet as well. &nbsp;There's a condition and buff indicator at the top right of the sheet as well. &nbsp;Report back if you are still having problems. &nbsp;Cheers
Ah, the dreaded IE problem lol. I opened in Chrome and life is good. thanks, shoulda thought of that!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Love those kind of problems. &nbsp;:-P
I swear, i don't know why i keep even opening IE :P Thanks for the quick response, loving the roll20 experince and your character sheets (now that they work for me :P)
First off, I want to say what a great character sheet this is turning out to be. Thank you for all the work you've done on it. I do have a question though. I was wondering if there is a way in the NPC tab to make it where the rolls are not whispered to the GM? I run a game and like to have all my rolls in the open. Before I was able to alter to the macro and have the roll go public, but since the last update that bit of code I don't see anymore. Is there something I'm missing?
I would like to second this request. I run a game as well and love using the character sheet, but am a bit over my head when it comes to API and complex macros. For quick encounters, simply filling out the NPC sheet and then using that would be great, but everything on the NPC sheet is whispered to the GM and for my game it needs to be shown to everyone. How can I do this?

Edited 1449031076
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
It's never been an option in the past. All NPC rolls were whispered since the sheet's creation. &nbsp;Later (when iterative attacks were added I believe) the attacks from the NPC tab were temporarily "un-whispered" in the NPC macro-text and later changed back to whispered via the button since the macro-text attribute for the attack would revert to whichever roll was made last, (character side or NPC side). &nbsp; Yada, yada, yada... All that said, it's obviously important (and has been requested before) to have an option to toggle "/w gm" for NPC rolls and I'll try to add the feature by the next update.

Edited 1449031012
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Magius said: I would like to second this request. I run a game as well and love using the character sheet, but am a bit over my head when it comes to API and complex macros. For quick encounters, simply filling out the NPC sheet and then using that would be great, but everything on the NPC sheet is whispered to the GM and for my game it needs to be shown to everyone. How can I do this? If you look at the macro text for a roll and see "/w gm", just remove it from the macro and the roll is no longer whispered. &nbsp;If you don't see "/w gm" (I believe the NPC attacks fall in this category), then the "/w gm" is in the button code itself and can't be removed. &nbsp; This is going to be fixed(see above post) &nbsp;Temp workaround: Make the attack and /or roll from the player's side.&nbsp;

Edited 1449066630
Hello, Prepping right now and discovered something I wanted to mention earlier but forgot. Vince, do you think it's possible to get a field or dropdown menu for the NPC spell section where we could put the spell level? Sometimes you don't remember the level of all the spells by heart, especially the uncommon ones, so this might help out a bit. /K EDIT: Also a place to but some range information would be awesome ;)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Karankwan said: Hello, Prepping right now and discovered something I wanted to mention earlier but forgot. Vince, do you think it's possible to get a field or dropdown menu for the NPC spell section where we could put the spell level? Sometimes you don't remember the level of all the spells by heart, especially the uncommon ones, so this might help out a bit. /K EDIT: Also a place to but some range information would be awesome ;) That should not be a problem K. The NPC section has always been a "problem child". &nbsp;We basically stuffed everything found on all the other tabs into one looonnng page. &nbsp;It's rather cluttered, klunky, but functional. &nbsp;Definitely going to consider a "remodeling/refining" of the NPC tab. &nbsp;I think it should look closer to an actual stat-block that we're all used to. &nbsp;Of course this would mean jumping to other areas of the sheet if you needed more detail/control over the NPC... &nbsp;Maybe a more grainular hide/reveal to keep it all there? &nbsp;Thoughts?

Edited 1449081085
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I was just considering this. Making it look like a stat block would be nice. and wondering how to best approach it, because typically when adding a stat block you'd add the "final" numbers, not so much the numbers that make it up. &nbsp;which is probably why some values are differently named, such as NPC-HP and HP, etc. I was also thinking : add Ex, SP, Su dropdown to abilities.&nbsp; Have the abilities on the NPC tab merely write back to class abilities. (have race write back to class-0-name if there is no class name) (so we'd also add ex, sp, su to class abilities on the PC sheet, and maybe even traits and racial traits, also none should be a valid value )
So, on this topic, I did that for my campaign a while back to make my encounters go quicker: and So essentially I did some stuff a lot of people wont want (like my HP/AC/damage difficulty sliders rather than traditional pathfinder rules). But a lot of it is pretty usable otherwise. Having all the macros there at your fingertips makes working in combat a breeze. Having a "details" and "dropped loot" macro makes setting up your loot table much nicer and being able to show it later on pretty snazzy. Just some ideas. If you want the code let me know.

Edited 1449093533
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
While doing some fixes to the NPC page I moved some things around, I did not remove anything to simplify it, the problem is, those fields calculated by the new javascript will still fire, which is probably why the Quick Stats are on top, and only the "misc" buff entries are editable, so you have to always add the value from a stat block minus the attribute modifier. Beta site: anyway, for people not following the other thread this will be the new sheet: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20dev.net/join/36920/B5RJKQ" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20dev.net/join/36920/B5RJKQ</a> Code: sheet code at vince's Rep or my latest forked from his is at:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/plutosdad/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/plutosdad/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros</a> Please log in and help test it out &nbsp; it still looks too busy to me: I didn't fix these because I was fixing other stuff I found (like wounds not working, etc) Known issues: Recalc Sheet checkbox at top not working Buff total at top right of "core" tab not working Repeating weapons on NPC tab needs to be updated Look & Feel: Hide wounds arrow disappeared, wounds looks big and horrible now defense modifiers is tall and horrible (added a field now the labels are too big and wrap rows) Dropdowns not vertically aligned : Damage mod in repeating weapon (due to label below it wrapping)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Chris, can the auto-calc fields be changed to type="text" and still function? &nbsp;If so, all the auto-calc attribute fields could then have their width reduced since they would no longer have the up/down arrows which are unnecessary anyhow if they are disabled fields and should they now all be&nbsp;readonly="readonly"? The more that's added to the NPC tab, the more cluttered it gets and at some point, might as well use the Player's tabs. &nbsp;;-( &nbsp; Personally, I would like just an empty stat-block with a bare minimum of automation. &nbsp;Include a modifier either on the sheet or in the macro for situational adjustments as needed. &nbsp;Similar to how I would handle it at the dining room table.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Probably they can be text, since the code is entering numbers into them. To make the npc sheet completely different We'd need to use different attribute names or they will be calculated. Not sure if that is good or not, maybe ...&nbsp; Maybe a prefix before each of the fieldnames
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The more i think about it the more i think a whole separate set of attributes is best (with prefix or postfix of npc or monster or something), especially if the intention is to allow easy import (manual or automatic) of stat blocks, or quickly create monsters/npcs.&nbsp; Current sheets would still work since the attributes would be there on the PC sheets. Maybe a function could be written to copy those values to the NPC attributes.&nbsp; If there are too many tabs, the Details tab could probably be combined into the Core tab. I was thinking traits, class abilities, racial traits were all pretty similar.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Removing the button bars will create some space as well.
chris b. said: While doing some fixes to the NPC page I moved some things around, I did not remove anything to simplify it, the problem is, those fields calculated by the new javascript will still fire, which is probably why the Quick Stats are on top, and only the "misc" buff entries are editable, so you have to always add the value from a stat block minus the attribute modifier. Beta site: anyway, for people not following the other thread this will be the new sheet: &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20dev.net/join/36920/B5RJKQ" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20dev.net/join/36920/B5RJKQ</a> Code: sheet code at vince's Rep or my latest forked from his is at:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/plutosdad/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/plutosdad/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/Pathfinder-Neceros</a> Please log in and help test it out &nbsp; it still looks too busy to me: I didn't fix these because I was fixing other stuff I found (like wounds not working, etc) Known issues: Recalc Sheet checkbox at top not working Buff total at top right of "core" tab not working Repeating weapons on NPC tab needs to be updated Look & Feel: Hide wounds arrow disappeared, wounds looks big and horrible now defense modifiers is tall and horrible (added a field now the labels are too big and wrap rows) Dropdowns not vertically aligned : Damage mod in repeating weapon (due to label below it wrapping) You could clean this up visually really quickly by making it a bit longer and having margins placed between important objects. For example, your FOR/REF/WILL things are side by side, Making them vertical one on top of the other would not only make them easier to parse but give you about 60% of your table to work with to the right to fill with other items stacked (like having your AC/TOUCH/FF above ARMOR/SHIELD/DEFLECT above DEX BUFFS COND above the Dodge natural and misc bonuses. With that you would have two solid columns in the same rough total of lines (not counting your HP) which would have clear usability parsing. Left column saves, right column armors and defenses. Its the exact same content you have, just rearranged and placed in multiple lines of the table. I did that for a lot of things in my homebrew edit and my players really liked the change.

Edited 1449152887
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yea ... i was trying to mimic the stat blocks but .. unless they are just one box to do data entry in, not multiple, it is really too much left to right. also speaking of playes, my players complain that it's hard to find things. The skill macro posted here before really helped, I added that as a global token macro they use, as well as a global F/R/W token macro. But i also thought it might be good to have a "single page" view of only necessary things for PCs not just NPCs. &nbsp;I like your idea of the one button for melee attack, they don't need the full details of the attack just a button.

Edited 1449158938
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ok now i'm thinking ... change the NPC sheet to "at a glance" and make it easier to use, then create a new NPC tab (or monster tab or whatever) and have it use completely different fieldsnames internally, look & feel like a stat block, that would be for GMs. It would basically be a separate character sheet but since we can have only one ... that would ALSO solve the "i don't want to whisper GM" issue for some... especially players who use the NPC sheet since it's &nbsp;in one plac.e
Ah, interesting that the NPC page may change.&nbsp; I use it a lot -- I use it when setting up PFS scenarios (and other things I GM).&nbsp; IT already is pretty close to the "stat block"&nbsp; presentation, I thought. One thing I wish it could do: reorder the spells, even manually.&nbsp; When entering a caster NPC for a PFS scenario, the high-subtier version is usually a levelled up version of the low-subtier version.&nbsp; This means that there are probably additional spells at all levels, but now it's impossible to have them in a sensible order, since (as best I can tell) the spells are always in the order you enter them, without any way to reorder.&nbsp; Am I wrong?

Edited 1449180704
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I suppose we probably should not make major changes that change the look and feel of tabs until current dev goes live, except for the javascript and the few small fixes/improvements Vince identified that he has planned. Once it goes live we can use the beta site on "prod" to display new changes that will greatly change look and feel .. That is probably a good idea. That way plus subscribers can see it first. I'm not sure if order can change in the new system, I've mostly been making sure the auto-calculations work in the JavaScript version. I'll take a look.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Re-ordering repeating items is currently not possible, but it has been "hinted" by Riley(as I recall) that this may be added. &nbsp;Giving repeating attributes ID's is the first step to being able to sort/re-order/re-arrange repeating items.
I started copying over things from an old game that I had run in the past so I could run it again with a new group and benefit from things I've learned along the way. &nbsp;Is anyone else experiencing a lag in loading character journal's loading/updating now? &nbsp;The lag is noticeable when opening a character journal, switching between the tabs, etc.

Edited 1449259772
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
How long has it been Timm? The sheet has had quite a few "enhancements" that may have increased the memory requirements. &nbsp;I notice that FF lags for me, but Chrome is smooth. There should be a noticeable performance increase with the upcoming Roll20 update that is currently being tested on the Dev. &nbsp;See above for a link to a beta PF sheet.
To be honest, it's probably been since August or so since I've used the Pathfinder character sheets. &nbsp;That was the last session I had with my old group. &nbsp;I am using Chrome, but it still has a serious lag. &nbsp;It takes about 2 seconds to show the initial "popup" and then another 9-10 seconds (not exaggerating) before I can do any editing in the GM Notes or switch to the Character Sheet tab.

Edited 1449265707
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
9-10s Ouch! I would think that something more than a "heavy" sheet is causing this. &nbsp;Once you get into the sheet, does it lag when changing tabs on the sheet itself? &nbsp;If you create a new character, maybe even on a new campaign, do you encounter the same problems? &nbsp;The standard Roll20 troubleshooting advice might be a good start: &nbsp; Solving Technical Issues .

Edited 1449267089
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A lot of GMs are experiencing lag problems with several sheets. I know I do. One of the reasons for the coming update is to try to fix some of the lag especially for GMs. (My players say it is fine). Some things they fixed are for when you first open a campaign i am going to recopy my campaign to the dev server and do some testing.
There is a hesitation when switching between tabs of the character sheet itself - I'd say 1.5-2 seconds between tabs. &nbsp;I went back in to the original game, which has sat unchanged since August and I'm getting the same delays now (that weren't there back then). &nbsp;It doesn't matter if I am accessing an existing character or creating a new one. &nbsp;I don't have the issue when running any of my games that use the Cypher System sheets. &nbsp;I tried changing the character sheet for the new game over to the Pathfinder Legacy sheet, and I'm getting a bit of a lag when opening up a basic NPC character sheet - probably about 2-3 seconds.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Well... the Cypher system sheet has less than 1k lines of code and the PF sheet has over 12K! &nbsp;PF Legacy should be no problem though. What are your system specs Timm? &nbsp;Maybe the extra memory req of the PF sheet is pushing your system's envelope.
Don't think that's the issue - I'm running a Core i5 2.5 GHz with 8GB memory.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is my system too. My players are fine. I think part of it is when you are a GM, it's not only loading one sheet but sheets for all tokens that have them. Plus, I think it also loads sheets for any characters on the Journal tab even if they aren't on the map (not sure about that). And even if you have only entered a few fields, it is calculating every single field on the sheet on every single sheet. The new code they will be releasing should help by loading less up front until you need it. That is also the point of adding javascript, we've been updating the pathfinder sheet so it only updates fields when they are changed. This should speed up things for GMs a lot.

Edited 1449342525
Xero
Plus
Hi there, Having a slight problem with the sheet. Not sure if this is something on my end or an issue with the sheet (read: "I probably broke something!") I'm having an issue where if I don't click roll buttons for spells (the ones beside where you input all the spell info not the ones in a line up top) in a very specific place (the very lower right corner of the button) then all the roll button does is expand/collapse the spell info. I'm finding I need to be pixel perfect or the spell does not roll. I can try to demonstrate this in some screenshots if it would help any. I can still use the roll buttons at the top if needs must but seeing as they don't seem to use the set options for each spell I prefer using the other buttons. I skimmed the last couple of pages to see if anyone has posted this already but sorry if I missed it. Thanks for the incredible sheet, all your work is greatly appreciated! Cheers. Edit: It actually seems to only let me roll if I click right on the edge of the button on the top, right, or bottom edges. Left edge just expands/collapses as does anywhere else on the button within maybe 5 or so pixels of the afore mentioned edges.

Edited 1449362265
Alex
Pro
Hello--I'm somewhat new to roll20, and we were a little surprised by a dialog that started popping up when you use the stealth skill. It looks like a size modifier box, but we've already entered character size in the character sheet, and we've been using the misc modifier box for size modifiers anyway. Is this something you were thinking of keeping around, or is it a stopping point on a path to automatically including size modifiers in the sheet's calculation? As an unrelated note, so I'm not simply complaining--the sheets are awesome, and the new buff section is incredibly useful.