Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder sheet thread 4: Life after Sam

Edited 1437522322
Vince said: Detoxicity said: Can we get a legacy character sheet of the old version? You've managed to destroy every custom attack macro in two campaigns. Can you please elaborate on how your macros are broken so that we can figure out the exact problem and a solution? &nbsp;Thanks This is what the macros currently resolve as. We followed the recommendation on how to build these full attack macros from either&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>... or some other roll20 page. For clarification on what we are used to. Name of macro Legend providing quick reference Attack 1: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [To Hit] (![To Crit]!) = [Damage] + ![Crit Damage]! Rinse and repeat As a player if we've identified the target AC then I can easily skim the first column of attacks in about a second to determine if any of the attacks even hit. In the new format I've got a long column of several differing rolls. Particularly damage and hit rolls. In addition the damage and to hit dice have been flip-flopped with the update, but I figure that's irrelevant as the whole system is broken in regards to the way we were doing it before. This particular macro is more manual than most. &{template:pf_attack} {{name=Flurry + Ki Attack + Deadly Aim + Haste}}{{Legend:= Atk **(!Crit Atk!)** Dam **!Crit Dam!**}}{{ Attack 1:=[[1d20cs20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]](![[1d20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]]!)=[[ 1d8 + 2+1+2 ]]+![[{ 1d8 + 2+1+2 , 1d8 + 2+1+2 }]]!}}{{ Attack 2:=[[1d20cs20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]](![[1d20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]]!)=[[ 1d8 + 2+1+2 ]]+![[{ 1d8 + 2+1+2 , 1d8 + 2+1+2 }]]!}}{{ Attack 3:=[[1d20cs20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]](![[1d20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]]!)=[[ 1d8 + 2+1+2 ]]+![[{ 1d8 + 2+1+2 , 1d8 + 2+1+2 }]]!}}{{ Attack 4:=[[1d20cs20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]](![[1d20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]]!)=[[ 1d8 + 2+1+2 ]]+![[{ 1d8 + 2+1+2 , 1d8 + 2+1+2 }]]!}} {{description=Point-Blank Shot +1 damage within 30 ft}} &nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Gnorc said: Detoxicity said: Can we get a legacy character sheet of the old version? You've managed to destroy every custom attack macro in two campaigns. I agree with Detoxicity, I would like a legacy template. With the old version, I could have multiple roll results in the same line which takes up WAY less lines in the chat than the current setup, especially for full attacks. I apologize for any changes made to the sheet that have caused any issues for you. &nbsp;We usually make a " beta " version of the sheet available to the community to test and give feedback. &nbsp;Unfortunately some issues don't crop up until more people use it. &nbsp;Macro's are especially tricky since there are many different ways the end-user may have created them. &nbsp;Add roll templates into the mix and it becomes even more complicated. Supporting multiple versions of the community sheet is probably not an option unless someone would like to take that on... &nbsp;Pro(formerly Mentor) can create and/or modify their own versions of a community sheet so that you can further customize a sheet to your liking. &nbsp;If you post an example of the macro that allowed you to have multi-attacks on a single line that no longer functions, I'm sure you will get some suggestions\help and we can try to make changes to the sheet to accomodate.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Detoxicity said: Vince said: Detoxicity said: Can we get a legacy character sheet of the old version? You've managed to destroy every custom attack macro in two campaigns. Can you please elaborate on how your macros are broken so that we can figure out the exact problem and a solution? &nbsp;Thanks This is what the macros currently resolve as. We followed the recommendation on how to build these full attack macros from either&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Character_Sheet</a>... or some other roll20 page. For clarification on what we are used to. Name of macro Legend providing quick reference Attack 1: &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [To Hit] (![To Crit]!) = [Damage] + ![Crit Damage]! Rinse and repeat As a player if we've identified the target AC then I can easily skim the first column of attacks in about a second to determine if any of the attacks even hit. In the new format I've got a long column of several differing rolls. Particularly damage and hit rolls. In addition the damage and to hit dice have been flip-flopped with the update, but I figure that's irrelevant as the whole system is broken in regards to the way we were doing it before. This particular macro is more manual than most. &{template:pf_attack} {{name=Flurry + Ki Attack + Deadly Aim + Haste}}{{Legend:= Atk **(!Crit Atk!)** Dam **!Crit Dam!**}}{{ Attack 1:=[[1d20cs20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]](![[1d20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]]!)=[[ 1d8 + 2+1+2 ]]+![[{ 1d8 + 2+1+2 , 1d8 + 2+1+2 }]]!}}{{ Attack 2:=[[1d20cs20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]](![[1d20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]]!)=[[ 1d8 + 2+1+2 ]]+![[{ 1d8 + 2+1+2 , 1d8 + 2+1+2 }]]!}}{{ Attack 3:=[[1d20cs20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]](![[1d20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]]!)=[[ 1d8 + 2+1+2 ]]+![[{ 1d8 + 2+1+2 , 1d8 + 2+1+2 }]]!}}{{ Attack 4:=[[1d20cs20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]](![[1d20 + @{WIS-mod} +3+1+1+1-1+?{Ranged Penalty?|0}]]!)=[[ 1d8 + 2+1+2 ]]+![[{ 1d8 + 2+1+2 , 1d8 + 2+1+2 }]]!}} {{description=Point-Blank Shot +1 damage within 30 ft}} &nbsp; Thanks Detoxicity. &nbsp;The culprit is caused by floating inline rolls to the right. &nbsp;I added this to help unify/align multiple rows of inline rolls. &nbsp;Essentially done for the iterative attacks that were added to repeating weapons. &nbsp;Obviously this causes problems for anyone doing multiple inline rolls on the same row. &nbsp;This is why the order of your rolls got nerfed (first roll floated to the right, next roll is floated to the right, etc.) and whatever isn't an inline roll, is aligned to the left of the column. So, I will undo floating inline's to the right, they might not look as pretty, but atleast they will not break multi-inline rolls on a row for everyone. &nbsp;Very sorry, but I had no clue that this was/could be an issue. ;-( &nbsp;I will work on this ASAP and get a fix added to the PR.
Thanks Detoxicity. The culprit is caused by floating inline rolls to the right. I added this to help unify/align multiple rows of inline rolls. Essentially done for the iterative attacks that were added to repeating weapons. Obviously this causes problems for anyone doing multiple inline rolls on the same row. This is why the order of your rolls got nerfed (first roll floated to the right, next roll is floated to the right, etc.) and whatever isn't an inline roll, is aligned to the left of the column. So, I will undo floating inline's to the right, they might not look as pretty, but atleast they will not break multi-inline rolls on a row for everyone. Very sorry, but I had no clue that this was/could be an issue. ;-( I will work on this ASAP and get a fix added to the PR. Thanks for looking into it.

Edited 1437539978
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Detoxicity said: Thanks Detoxicity. The culprit is caused by floating inline rolls to the right. I added this to help unify/align multiple rows of inline rolls. Essentially done for the iterative attacks that were added to repeating weapons. Obviously this causes problems for anyone doing multiple inline rolls on the same row. This is why the order of your rolls got nerfed (first roll floated to the right, next roll is floated to the right, etc.) and whatever isn't an inline roll, is aligned to the left of the column. So, I will undo floating inline's to the right, they might not look as pretty, but atleast they will not break multi-inline rolls on a row for everyone. Very sorry, but I had no clue that this was/could be an issue. ;-( I will work on this ASAP and get a fix added to the PR. Thanks for looking into it. You're welcome. &nbsp;I always aim to improve the sheet and the one cardinal sin of anyone working on the sheet is do not break the sheet. &nbsp;Unfortunately there are many instances that just can't be accounted for until they happen. &nbsp;I appreciate you bringing up the issue so it can be addressed. &nbsp;I'll get this straightened out tonight. &nbsp;Roll high. :-) Update : Might not look as it used to, but I hope this will work. &nbsp; You will probably need to expand chat to fit all the attacks in on individual rows. Will be changed with the next PR.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Made a change to the css for inline rolls. &nbsp;I removed float:right and used display:inline-block with min-width:1.5em to keep the inline rolls looking consistent and it allows for multi-inline rolls per row to be displayed completely and in the expected order. &nbsp;Other than the "multi-inline" users, I don't think anyone will notice a change. &nbsp;Thanks for bringing the issue to light.
Is it still impossible to use @{repeating_weapon_x_total-attack} in macros, without doing the entire math your self? i try and make Macros for full attacks with a number of weapons so i roll it all at once with one click of the button, but when you attempt to use the call it says no value, so you have to do the math your self in the macro resulting in longer macros. is this on the list of things needing to be fixxed?

Edited 1437542995
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
RaptorTamer said: Is it still impossible to use @{repeating_weapon_x_total-attack} in macros, without doing the entire math your self? i try and make Macros for full attacks with a number of weapons so i roll it all at once with one click of the button, but when you attempt to use the call it says no value, so you have to do the math your self in the macro resulting in longer macros. is this on the list of things needing to be fixxed? This is still a "thing" with repeating items. &nbsp;If you need to pull an auto-calculated attribute that's located within a repeating item, you will need to include the entire formula that's used for that attribute in your macro. &nbsp;;-( There's hope however, if we can get repeating items updated to include some more robust features; Official support for repeating sections in character sheets Please add a comment and/or a vote to get this to happen.
Vince said: This is still a "thing" with repeating items. &nbsp;If you need to pull an auto-calculated attribute that's located within a repeating item, you will need to include the entire formula that's used for that attribute in your macro. &nbsp;;-( There's hope however, if we can get repeating items updated to include some more robust features; Official support for repeating sections in character sheets Please add a comment and/or a vote to get this to happen. Thank you for your quick reply, i'll post there. i just feel the sheet macros are to large to be used for 4-5 different weapons on one full attack so i condense them to one macro.

Edited 1442890642
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Have you tried using iterative attacks on the sheet? &nbsp;You can now include up to 8 attacks in one roll. &nbsp;Downside is that it has to be done from the sheet's repeating attack sheet roll, so no drag/drop or calling the attack from another macro... This can be done from an token/ability macro, but as you mentioned it can get HUGE. example of 2 attack macro /em Example of adding iterative attacks manually. &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image=@{header_image-pf_attack-melee}}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{repeating_weapon_0_name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs&gt;@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-target} + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) + @{attk-status-effect-total} ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) + @{dmg-status-effect-total} ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) + @{attk-status-effect-total} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ ([[ @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num} ]] * ([[ @{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} ]] - 1)) ]]d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + [[ ([[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) ]] * (@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{repeating_weapon_0_type}}} {{description=@{repeating_weapon_0_notes}}} {{attack2=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{repeating_weapon_0_crit-target} ]] + [[ ( (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) + @{attk-status-effect-total} ) + @{repeating_weapon_0_iterative_attack2_value} ]] ]]}} {{damage2=[[ @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) + @{dmg-status-effect-total} ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm2=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{repeating_weapon_0_crit-target} ]] + [[ ( (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) + @{attk-status-effect-total} ) + @{repeating_weapon_0_iterative_attack2_value} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage2=[[ @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) ]] ]]}} &nbsp;@{macro_options}

Edited 1437553548
Vince said: Have you tried using iterative attacks on the sheet? &nbsp;You can now include up to 8 attacks in one roll. &nbsp;Downside is that it has to be done from the sheet's repeating attack sheet roll, so no drag/drop or calling the attack from another macro... This can be done from an token/ability macro, but as you mentioned it can get HUGE. example of 2 attack macro /em Example of adding iterative attacks manually. &{template:pf_attack} {{header_image_melee=[Melee](<a href="http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/1QEl2bG.png</a>)}} {{character_name=@{character_name}}} {{character_id=@{character_id}}} {{name=@{repeating_weapon_0_name}}} {{attack=[[ 1d20cs&gt;@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-target} + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) ]] ]]}} {{damage=[[ @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm=[[ 1d20 + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage=[[ [[ ([[ @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num} ]] * ([[ @{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} ]] - 1)) ]]d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + [[ ([[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) ]] * (@{repeating_weapon_0_crit-multiplier} - 1)) ]] ]]}} {{type=@{repeating_weapon_0_type}}} {{description=@{repeating_weapon_0_notes}}} {{attack2=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{repeating_weapon_0_crit-target} ]] + [[ ( (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) ) + @{repeating_weapon_0_iterative_attack2_value} ]] ]]}} {{damage2=[[ @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) ]] ]]}} {{crit_confirm2=[[ 1d20cs&gt;[[ @{repeating_weapon_0_crit-target} ]] + [[ ( (@{repeating_weapon_0_proficiency} + (((@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork}) + abs(@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} - @{repeating_weapon_0_masterwork})) / 2) + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack} + @{repeating_weapon_0_attack-type} + @{armor-proficiency}) ) + @{repeating_weapon_0_iterative_attack2_value} ]] ]]}} {{crit_damage2=[[ @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-dice-num}d@{repeating_weapon_0_damage-die} + [[ (@{repeating_weapon_0_enhance} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage} + @{repeating_weapon_0_damage-ability}) ]] ]]}} &nbsp;@{macro_options}&nbsp; they aren't iterative attacks they are different weapons, 4 out of 5 people in my group are using natural weapons. Different weapons different Weapon damage die's and its also a lot harder to show which weapon is doing what in that macro, if i cheat it. anyway i had to pop back into this thread because over the last hour what i think to be a bug is giving me a headache, one of the members of my group is a bloodrager as such his STR changes quite often, he has now enlarge person, being a good guy DM and my players being mostly new (and the fact i enjoy it) i help people make macros for quick use, including his STR changes, iv made the str-misc Attribute {2 * @{prestige}} + {4 * @{Rage}} We arnt using prestige so i made it his toggle switch for enlarge person, and Rage is tied to his token. Now on paper it looks fine BUT the attk-melee-ability-value attribute, LIES. while the value shows correct (in this case 6) the true value is 3, The value before the increased strength. the calculation looks like this ((floor(16/2)-5) + floor(0/2) - (floor(abs(0)/2)) - (floor(abs(0)/2)) - 0) i know enough of programing to get me buy doing this, but im no HTML wizard. i am assuming its not taking my temp changes into the math, can someone confirm this on there side, or offer advice? I imagine one of the 0's is supposed to be a 6 (assuming he is enlarged and raging) TL:DR + how i duct taped it for a sheet author to look at: i moved from str-misc to Str-temp, it works but it still doesnt solve the orginal problem, attk-melee-ability-value doesnot calculate items from Str-misc properly into its formula
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Real life duties first... then I'll take a look. &nbsp;Thanks RaptorTamer

Edited 1437608936
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
RaptorTamer said: anyway i had to pop back into this thread because over the last hour what i think to be a bug is giving me a headache, one of the members of my group is a bloodrager as such his STR changes quite often, he has now enlarge person, being a good guy DM and my players being mostly new (and the fact i enjoy it) i help people make macros for quick use, including his STR changes, iv made the str-misc Attribute {2 * @{prestige}} + {4 * @{Rage}} We arnt using prestige so i made it his toggle switch for enlarge person, and Rage is tied to his token. Now on paper it looks fine BUT the attk-melee-ability-value attribute, LIES. while the value shows correct (in this case 6) the true value is 3, The value before the increased strength. the calculation looks like this ((floor(16/2)-5) + floor(0/2) - (floor(abs(0)/2)) - (floor(abs(0)/2)) - 0) i know enough of programing to get me buy doing this, but im no HTML wizard. i am assuming its not taking my temp changes into the math, can someone confirm this on there side, or offer advice? I imagine one of the 0's is supposed to be a 6 (assuming he is enlarged and raging) TL:DR + how i duct taped it for a sheet author to look at: i moved from str-misc to Str-temp, it works but it still doesnt solve the orginal problem, attk-melee-ability-value doesnot calculate items from Str-misc properly into its formula I did a test using your example ( cool trick BTW ), and it seems to work fine for me. &nbsp;Note: you appear to be using an older/or custom version of the Pathfinder sheet. &nbsp;Newer versions now include more inlines and nested inline's so I couldn't see the exact same tipsy info as your sheet. &nbsp;You mostly see the sub-totals and no math now. &nbsp;Good or bad...? &nbsp;Not sure. Anyhow, my test; Rage (+4 bonus to STR) and Enlarge Person (+2 bonus to STR) Combined bonus of +6 to STR, which your method of inserting (&nbsp;{2 * @{prestige}} + {4 * @{Rage}} ) while toggling (0/1) into STR-misc does. &nbsp; started with a STR=16 | STR-mod=3 &nbsp; No Rage, No Enlarge I toggled Rage and Enlarge. &nbsp; Now STR=22 | STR-mod=6 Rolled Melee attack roll included +6 modifier as expected. In your example, if your character also started with STR=16, I agree that the tipsy info "LIES" because it should have looked like ((floor(22/2)-5) + floor(0/2) - (floor(abs(0)/2)) - (floor(abs(0)/2)) - 0) I believe I have seen this before, but when we tested the end resultant it was correct regardless of what the tipsy info displayed... &nbsp;Looks like a bug, &nbsp;but I don't think anyone notices anymore because of using more inline and nested inlines on the sheet.

Edited 1437615813
I really appreciate all the work you've all put into the sheet ... but... any chance of prioritizing that alignment rollback? ( I realize I'm probably being a little belligerent, but I've quite literally spent WEEKS formatting these JUST right for spacing and layout, especially for spells. ) Code Looks like USED to look like &{template:pf_generic} {{name=Mad Monkeys: ***[Link]( <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mad-monkeys)***" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mad-monkeys)***</a>} } {{Range: [[50]]=[[10]] **ft Swarm**}} {{Dur: [[ @{Gol|Level} ]] *rd*=**SR:** n/a }} {{DC: [[10 + 3 + @{Gol|GolInt} +1 ]] = **Fort (Neg)**}} &{template:pf_generic} {{name=HP[[22]] Spd[[30]] Climb[[20]]}} {{AC[[15]] F[[1d20+6]] R[[1d20+8]] W[[1d20+2]]}} &{template:pf_generic} {{name=Swarm Damage = [[2d6]] }}{{DC:[[14]] *Fort* *For 1 round*=***[Nauseated]( <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Nauseated)***" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Nauseated)***</a> +***[Deafened]( <a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Deafened)***}}{{Disarm/Steal:=[[1d20" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/conditions#TOC-Deafened)***}}{{Disarm/Steal:=[[1d20</a> + @{level}[Level] + @{GolInt}[Int] ]] *vs* **CMD**}}
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I can't guarantee that it will solve all the formatting issues for you Mark, but I have all ready removed the float:right for inline rolls and it's included in the next PR. &nbsp; Pathfinder - Neceros(tabbed) #955 &nbsp;The&nbsp; beta sheet has the changes already if you want to run some of your macros as a test. &nbsp;Let me know and I will make every effort to adjust the css to accomodate.&nbsp;
Great news that you've removed the float:right for inline rolls, because that was exactly the issue I was coming here to report. :) There is another issue, however: on pf_block, inline rolls are not being given a black background so they end up being invisible:&nbsp;<a href="http://i.imgur.com/dZGX2jk.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/dZGX2jk.png</a>
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hudders said: Great news that you've removed the float:right for inline rolls, because that was exactly the issue I was coming here to report. :) There is another issue, however: on pf_block, inline rolls are not being given a black background so they end up being invisible:&nbsp; <a href="http://i.imgur.com/dZGX2jk.png" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/dZGX2jk.png</a> That one is fixed as well. &nbsp;:-) PR was just processed, so things should be updated shortly. &nbsp;Thanks
When making custom macros against the PF template is there any way to *NOT* use the name= header bar icons?
Still getting a problem this is the current output, and a mockup of the output before the changes <a href="http://i.imgur.com/lznabik.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/lznabik.jpg</a> my macro is &{template:pf_attack}{{name=+3 Bow Flurry}} {{AC [[{(1+?{PS|2})d20cs&gt;19+20+?{PBS|1}+?{Haste|0}-?{DA|3}}kh1]] for [[1d8+9+?{PBS}+(2*?{DA})]] dmg }} {{AC [[1d20cs&gt;19+20+?{PBS}+?{Haste|0}-?{DA}]] for [[1d8+9+?{PBS}+(2*?{DA})]] dmg }} {{Hasted & Ki Shot}} {{AC [[1d20cs&gt;19+20+?{PBS}+?{Haste|0}-?{DA}]] for [[1d8+9+?{PBS}+(2*?{DA})]] dmg }} {{AC [[1d20cs&gt;19+20+?{PBS}+?{Haste|0}-?{DA}]] for [[1d8+9+?{PBS}+(2*?{DA})]] dmg }} {{iteratives}} {{AC [[1d20cs19+15+?{PBS}+?{Haste}-?{DA}]] for [[1d8+9+?{PBS}+(2*?{DA})]] dmg}} {{AC [[1d20cs&gt;19+15+?{PBS}+?{Haste}-?{DA}]] for [[1d8+9+?{PBS}+(2*?{DA})]] dmg }} {{crit confirm}} {{[[1d20+20+?{PBS|1}+?{Haste|0}-?{DA|3}]] || [[1d20+15+?{PBS}+?{Haste}-?{DA}]] extra [[2d8+18+(2*?{PBS})+(4*?{DA})]] }}

Edited 1437695892
I don't think the update is through yet or at least for me (It still says at the bottom 07.19.2015). Try to check that first before reporting bugs currently cause it might be the update isn't "actually" live yet. Even though Vince submitted it
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mark G. said: When making custom macros against the PF template is there any way to *NOT* use the name= header bar icons? Not currently, they were written directly into the roll template. &nbsp; I think I will pull the header_images for now until I can think of a better method of implementing them. &nbsp;Probably something that allows the images to be toggled on/off and an option to include a url for your own image.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
chris m. said: Still getting a problem this is the current output, and a mockup of the output before the changes <a href="http://i.imgur.com/lznabik.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/lznabik.jpg</a> my macro is &{template:pf_attack}{{name=+3 Bow Flurry}} {{AC [[{(1+?{PS|2})d20cs&gt;19+20+?{PBS|1}+?{Haste|0}-?{DA|3}}kh1]] for [[1d8+9+?{PBS}+(2*?{DA})]] dmg }} {{AC [[1d20cs&gt;19+20+?{PBS}+?{Haste|0}-?{DA}]] for [[1d8+9+?{PBS}+(2*?{DA})]] dmg }} {{Hasted & Ki Shot}} {{AC [[1d20cs&gt;19+20+?{PBS}+?{Haste|0}-?{DA}]] for [[1d8+9+?{PBS}+(2*?{DA})]] dmg }} {{AC [[1d20cs&gt;19+20+?{PBS}+?{Haste|0}-?{DA}]] for [[1d8+9+?{PBS}+(2*?{DA})]] dmg }} {{iteratives}} {{AC [[1d20cs19+15+?{PBS}+?{Haste}-?{DA}]] for [[1d8+9+?{PBS}+(2*?{DA})]] dmg}} {{AC [[1d20cs&gt;19+15+?{PBS}+?{Haste}-?{DA}]] for [[1d8+9+?{PBS}+(2*?{DA})]] dmg }} {{crit confirm}} {{[[1d20+20+?{PBS|1}+?{Haste|0}-?{DA|3}]] || [[1d20+15+?{PBS}+?{Haste}-?{DA}]] extra [[2d8+18+(2*?{PBS})+(4*?{DA})]] }} The PR was done today, but we have to wait for the servers to cycle as well.
Mark G. said: When making custom macros against the PF template is there any way to *NOT* use the name= header bar icons? Not currently, they were written directly into the roll template. &nbsp; I think I will pull the header_images for now until I can think of a better method of implementing them. &nbsp;Probably something that allows the images to be toggled on/off and an option to include a url for your own image. They're actually a nice touch; I'm just a fan of having options and they DO take up a fair bit of space on the bar.&nbsp; Perhaps if they were sized to the same height as a single line of text ?&nbsp; They're somewhere in the void between the height of a Single Line and Two Lines

Edited 1437699007
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mark G. said: Mark G. said: When making custom macros against the PF template is there any way to *NOT* use the name= header bar icons? Not currently, they were written directly into the roll template. &nbsp; I think I will pull the header_images for now until I can think of a better method of implementing them. &nbsp;Probably something that allows the images to be toggled on/off and an option to include a url for your own image. They're actually a nice touch; I'm just a fan of having options and they DO take up a fair bit of space on the bar.&nbsp; Perhaps if they were sized to the same height as a single line of text ?&nbsp; They're somewhere in the void between the height of a Single Line and Two Lines I believe the images are 32x32 px &nbsp;Perhaps 16x16 would be less obtrusive. &nbsp;Still doesn't solve the underlying problem of hiding them if unwanted. &nbsp; In truth I was playing around with adding them on the beta sheet and I seemed to get a positive response by those that commented. &nbsp;I don't think I fully thought about an option for people that didn't want them. It's probably best if I roll back the header images for now and wait for more people to test a better solution in beta before releasing an update. Update : &nbsp; Beta Sheet&nbsp;has image headers removed until I have a method that allows everyone to toggle images on/off and an option to include your own image(URL). &nbsp;I'll submit a PR to roll back the header images for now. &nbsp;Appologies, but we'll get something better that works for everyone. <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/964" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/964</a>
A plain black icon for the default would simulate having no image as it would blend in with the header but that would probably need a separate toggle just image headers but since you want to include custom URLs that was probably going to have to happen anyway
Hello! I'm new to Roll20 and I am having difficulty with the character sheets for the Pathfinder game I am getting ready to run. I selected the sheet I wanted when I initially set up the game but my players said that they cannot access it to create their characters; I presume that I they need to create their characters outside of Roll20 and then I can import them, or something similar, but I can't find anything to that effect. Thanks for any help!
Graymachine, that's more a general Journal setting than anything specific to this PF sheet. Please check out the following links: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Getting_Started_GMs" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Getting_Started_GMs</a> <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets</a> <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Journal</a>
I'm using the stock macro for attacks but I wanted to know, how do I edit it so that Damage will always revert to a minimum of 1?

Edited 1437799550
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
You could try something like {{damage=[[ {( @{damage-dice-num}d@{damage-die} + [[ @{total-damage} ]]) ,1d1}kh1 ]] }} for some reason I get an error if try the comparison using "1" vs "1d1"... &nbsp;Mark G is a macro master, so I'm sure he will have something much more elegant. EDIT: fixed to kh1, duh... thanks Joshua
for some reason I get an error if try the comparison using "1" vs "1d1"... &nbsp;Mark G is a macro master, so I'm sure he will have something much more elegant. Yeah, you can't compare two different data types.&nbsp;&nbsp; a plain 1 is an integer,&nbsp; 1d1 is a roll.&nbsp; You can compare a number to a number or a roll to a roll, but not a number to a roll. Question... unless you're talking about negative bonus'&nbsp; In what situation would you *EVER* have less than 1 point of damage?&nbsp;
Really low STR, perhaps? &nbsp; Wouldn't it be kh1 (keep highest one) instead of kl1 (keep lowest one) if you're trying to get at least 1? &nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Joshua F. said: Really low STR, perhaps? &nbsp; Wouldn't it be kh1 (keep highest one) instead of kl1 (keep lowest one) if you're trying to get at least 1? &nbsp; oops. &nbsp;You're absolutely right. I had updated my original reply (that had kh1) and managed to nerf it on the correction. &nbsp;lol &nbsp;Corrected. &nbsp;
Vince said: Joshua F. said: Really low STR, perhaps? &nbsp; Wouldn't it be kh1 (keep highest one) instead of kl1 (keep lowest one) if you're trying to get at least 1? &nbsp; oops. &nbsp;You're absolutely right. I had updated my original reply (that had kh1) and managed to nerf it on the correction. &nbsp;lol &nbsp;Corrected. &nbsp; Thank you kindly.
Good day. A question regarding the character sheet and token abilities. Is there a way to apply the various rolls on the sheet (attacks, skills, saves, etc) to the token ability system, so that they can be selected without having the sheet open? Not having a way to do that seems like it will make things considerably more annoying. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Alexander said: Good day. A question regarding the character sheet and token abilities. Is there a way to apply the various rolls on the sheet (attacks, skills, saves, etc) to the token ability system, so that they can be selected without having the sheet open? Not having a way to do that seems like it will make things considerably more annoying. Thanks in advance for any advice. Click the roll button from the sheet.&nbsp; Then in the chat window, press the UP arrow on your keyboard.&nbsp; This will reveal the actual code that the Sheet Button used.&nbsp; You can copy/paste that into your own Abilities on the Journal. NOTE: &nbsp; Repeated areas of the sheet, like inventory, spells, etc...&nbsp; Areas that aren't always there...&nbsp; will not work this way.
Your solution seems to be working out. Thank you very much for the advice.

Edited 1438133224
um any plans to add a way to change the way saving throws are calculated? like for instance if i have a class feature that lets me add my charisma instead of my dex to my reflex (same with ac) like the swashbuckler can, it would be nice to have a way to set that up so that if say my char takes dex dmg from poison, my reflex and ac dont suddenly start tanking even though im not using dex. ik i can just offset it with misc modifiers but it gets messy and makes for alot of small delays in game (i atleast think it was swashbuckler... might have been one of the oracle revelations)
There are several classes that trade out bonuses to AC, Saves or even Initiative. Having the ability to trade out the associated ability score would be useful.
I've been editing this recently and have noticed the skills tab for characters seems to outright freeze sometimes.
Howdy folks, Just curious; has there been any headway on resolving the alignment issues with custom macros containing more than one roll on a line?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Mark, I removed float:right from the inline rolls in the last PR. &nbsp;I verified that you can include multiple inline rolls on the same row and they keep their order as expected and align to the right. &nbsp;Are we still having some issues?
Thanks for the fast reply Vince.&nbsp; Nothing insurmountable, but just messes with the layout of previously clean-looking output. - There's an extra space before any inline roll when there's none in macro. - There's an automatic colon inserted whenever an = is used in the macro. - The content after an = in the macro used to be right-aligned, giving you a left-aligned left column and a right-aligned right column. ******************* "Knowledges" ability: (used to be two clean columns, left and right aligned) &{template:pf_generic} {{name=@{selected|Token_Name} Knowledges}} {{Arcana:[[ 1d20 + 21 ]]=**Nature**:[[1d20 + 17 +1[Book]]]}} {{Planes:[[1d20 + 20 ]]=**Religion**:[[ 1d20 + 12 ]]}} {{Dungeon:[[ 1d20 + 8 ]]=**Geogphy**:[[ 1d20 + 12 ]]}} {{Appraise:[[1d20 + 10]]=**Engineer**:[[ 1d20 + 8 ]]}} {{History:[[1d20 + 20 +2[Book]]]=**Linguist**:[[ 1d20 + 8 +5]]}} {{Nobility:[[1d20 + 17 ]]=**Local**:[[1d20 + 12 ]]}}{{+2 bonus=This Planet}} "Fireball" ability (the 20ft radius, SR:22, and ref(half) used to be on the right) &{template:pf_generic} {{name=Fireball: ***[Link](<a href="http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fireball)***}}{{Range:[[700" rel="nofollow">http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/fireball)***}}{{Range:[[700</a> + (10*@{Gol|Level} ) ]]=[[20]] ft Radius}} {{Dur: n/a =**SR:** [[1d20 + @{Level}+ @{SpellPen} ]] }} {{DC: [[10 + 3 + @{Gol|GolInt} +1 ]]= **Ref (Half)**}} {{Fireball:=[[10d6]] *Fire Dmg*}}{{Empower:=[[ floor( (10d6)*1.5 ) ]] *Fire Dmg*}}{{*Sets fire to combustibles*=***Damages objects in area***}}
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Been gone for a week (in the woods without an internet connection)... trying to catch back up on life and roll20. The issues you mentioned are easily fixed. &nbsp;It's hard to improve the roll template's layout since It's impossible to imagine the various custom macros that people(Mark) have created. :-P I believe that pf_attack uses left-aligned first column, right-aligned 2nd column, so those should be fine. &nbsp;I'll look into the other issues as well. &nbsp;Do you not want a ":" ? &nbsp;Should there be an equal sign or nothing at all? &nbsp;Some of the templates are single left-aligned columns, should they all be 2 columns with left and right alignment respectively? Cheers
Personal preference?&nbsp; No automatic spacing or added characters. (no leading space on an inline roll;&nbsp; no extra Colon).&nbsp; That leaves those choices up to the end-user to decide rather than always being there. There's no change between pf_generic or pf_attack.&nbsp; On a side note; I'm really not trying to make a lot of work for you just to support my own stuff.&nbsp; I know a few other folks I play with who have also grumbled about the change in custom macros but we're by far, the majority.&nbsp; You and Sam and everyone else who's contributed to the sheet have done an amazing job with it!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
No problems Mark. &nbsp;From a designer's(used VERY loosely here) view, we are often in the dark unless someone speaks up. &nbsp;I'll have a go at making some changes to the beta sheet tonight. &nbsp;Once we get it acceptable for the community, I'll submit a PR. &nbsp;Thanks for helping Mark.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Have a look on the beta Mark. &nbsp;Are we getting closer? <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/801350/kEQ72w</a> &nbsp;
Looks great :) Removed automatic Colons. Params to left of = are left aligned, Params right of = are right aligned. However, the inline rolls have padded space around the number within the result, as well as padded spaces around the highlight result. I expect that's for clarity but I'm personally thinking padding the results both within the highlight as well as around it are probably not both needed.

Edited 1438701480
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Appreciate the feedback Mark. &nbsp;I agree the inline's are a little "plump". I'll have a go at trimming the fat tonight and report back.

Edited 1438743273
Does anyone know of a way to get a line break or carriage return in the @{notes} field that doesn't get ignored? I'd like to have one between the notes of a particular attack and the Attack Notes, and in some cases, I've got two or more notes in a single attack that would be much easier to read on separate lines. &lt;br/&gt; doesn't work, and neither does &lt;br&gt; or & # 10 ; Kror's axe is a reach weapon, so that's in the @{notes}. As is the "+3 damage on successful critical hits while underground." note, because @{crit-multiplier} doesn't work in the Attack Notes field.