Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
D&D 2024 has arrived! Pre-order the new core rulebooks now and get an exclusive pre-order bonus for free!
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[PF] Pathfinder sheet thread 4: Life after Sam

Found another bug with shields. Shields apply to the armor category of Dex cap. Not sure if this was intentional or a bug.

Edited 1450220881
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
chris b. said: workaround: for the pc whisper, check it and check it off, that should reset it, i think? or else you can put a space in it on the Attributes tab.  I'll let Vince look at that , maybe we'll need to change it from a checkbox to a text field. same for gm whisper i suppose. I think if you change it to a select it should fix it. EDIT: I tested this code and it seemed to fix the problem: <span class="sheet-table-data sheet-left"><label><span title="All PC rolls will be whispered to the GM."><select name="attr_PC-whisper"><option value="">Broadcast PC rolls publicly</option><option value="/w gm">Whisper PC rolls to GM</option></select></label></span>
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As a workaround for max dex of shields, if max dex is - set it to 99.
Do you have an estimated time when the fixes will be pushed out?
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
the ones above ( from this post ) were pushed out at 6 eastern, so if you refresh the site you should pick up the updates. 1. blank max dex translates as 0 instead of none 2. pc whisper translates as 0 instead of blank  3. floating macro on attack page, can you clarify what this is? i have some time and am working on 1&2 now, i thought we were going to a movie but we are staying home :)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Actually max dex is working as expected.  Tower shields are 2, so we had to have max dex for shields also affect max dex. the other shields (or armor with no max dex) can be set to blank , -, or 99 (note if they are blank, they'll basically reset to 99 when you close and open the sheet, i will try and keep them blank) not sure if that answers your question about shield max dex, if not let me know

Edited 1450228798
chris b. said: 3. floating macro on attack page, can you clarify what this is? There is just a blank macro that cannot be deleted in the attack section of the Character Sheet. You delete it switch tabs and come back, and it has returned. I have deleted it a good number of times to be sure, but it clearly is there to stay. And to make sure I confirmed all of my players have this same floating macro. (By Macro I me the fill-out attacks Under "Attacks") Also, that does make sense about the shields. Edit: It seems Misc (Under Defense Values) is still not adding to Touch, CMD, and FF CMD. Acrobatics, Fly, and Stealth are still returning the wrong values when rolled. It seems to not be adding the Class Skill bonus for acrobatics and Stealth. Fly seems to be ignoring Class Skill and Ranks. However there is a peculiarity if you just put the rank into the skill it ignores it, but if the ranks were already there it isn't working. So my character that already had 6 ranks gets them added but the new ones added do not appear to be working.
Currently on Pathfinder <a href="https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1047349/r" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/1047349/r</a>... It doesn't seem to be adding the Melee Buff's from the buffs tab to rolls <a href="http://prntscr.com/9eon0t" rel="nofollow">http://prntscr.com/9eon0t</a> None of Deflect bonus is adding to our AC Some of our Skills arent rolling the +3 Class bonus (Stealth, acro, fly)
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
pull request for following just added: Fixed whisper All/GM : changed to dropdown, fixes "0" being added to macros, NPC defaults to whisper GM Armor grid now has blanks for defaults&nbsp; AC-Misc now applies to Touch AC note: cmd-misc is seperate, I checked the old sheet and it was separate then. so users will have to add misc bonus separately to CMD. once they apply the fix you'll just have to refresh the page.

Edited 1450228925
Ah sorry I should have clarified that better. It is separate which is true and unchanged, but the adding of a point into it did/does not add to CMD or FF CMD total.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
if you used fly when it was broken, it might not reset with the new sheet without ... deleting the fly fields in Attributes &nbsp;(except for rank or any manual entry fields). then click and unclick the class bonus same for stealth and acrobatics

Edited 1450229256
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
The updated sheet should now be live. Reload to get it if you're already in-game. Thanks, Chris! If you had the PC-whsiper 0 bug you may also need to delete PC-whisper from your Attributes/Abilities to fix it.

Edited 1450231277
I got the second most recent one, but have yet to get the newest. (I am unsure as to why) However in the previous one, I was able to follow your instructions and get Acrobatics and Fly working. However, Stealth is still not fixing itself through that method or by itself. Edit: Update on CMD and FF CMD. FF CMD seems to be not responsive to most changes to it. Including the deflection bonus. I switched none to dex and got it to go to one but returning it to none has stuck it permanently at the dex value even if I change it to other effects or add or subtract points from Deflect (Misc is still not working) Edit 2: It appears I got the newest version now (as the armor section is now blank) but Misc is still not working for touch or CMD or FF CMD
.&nbsp; Courtney R. said: I got the second most recent one, but have yet to get the newest. (I am unsure as to why) However in the previous one, I was able to follow your instructions and get Acrobatics and Fly working. However, Stealth is still not fixing itself through that method or by itself. Got Acrobatics and Fly working Can confirm Stealth is still not working, neither are Melee Buffs
Looks like there's a problem in the NPC-HP|max field when there is an odd number of HD. &nbsp;3d8+3 (Bugbear) should be 16 HP, according to the Bestiary. &nbsp;The new sheet is calculating it at 15. &nbsp;3d8+6 (Shadow) should be 19; sheet calculates 18.

Edited 1450234162
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
new pull request <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... fixes the following: misc ac (i guess this didn't get in before) melee buff, ranged buff stealth Flat Footed CMD fixed CMD updates when CMD-Misc updated buff displays correctly in defenses grid To fix stealth: hit the "recalc all" checkbox at top right, and it will reset the stealth skill Joe, somewhere you must have a "Stealth" attribute on the attribute page. &nbsp;but it's probably impossible to find.&nbsp;

Edited 1450232518
chris b. said: new pull request fixes the following: melee buff, ranged buff Joe, somewhere you must have a Stealth attribute. I thought about forcing it to reset but then it would affect all sheets not opened today before 6pm.&nbsp; I'm not too familiar with the coding for roll20, but what would that cause and why is that a bad thing? I take it means the skill points and bonuses would disappear, please correct me if I am wrong. Edit: I am unsure if this gets amended in the next push as it is related to the Buffs. When applying a buff to ones ac, it is added to the total, but not shown in the "Buffs" box.
So I am having trouble getting one of my custom attack macros to work. I added the dollar-sign before the repeating field number but it still continues to fail. What am I doing wrong? Below is a screenshot of the macros and result.

Edited 1450253467
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Simon, was this an existing macro that pulled from the pre-set button bar(0-26)? &nbsp;We have removed the preset buttons since repeating sections can now be used by their name and you can drag/drop them to the quick bar. If you drag a repeating attack to the quick bar, you can learn it's unique name/ID and update your macro with their new button macro names.
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
thanks courtney i was able to squeeze the buff display in.&nbsp; not sure when they will merge the new code to prod. @{stealth} is a disabled auto calculated field (the "old" way of calculating). By deleting the attribute on the attributes & abilities tab, it will be reset with the default value.
I'm glad to be of assistance, I run a Living Campaign and this ended up causing a lot of... animosity. So I jumped on here to take a look and was shocked to see no one doing bug reports. I did what I could,found and reported bugs. I am sorry this meant more work for you, and I thank you for fixing them! It will surely make my players happy! And you have made me happy! I await the release of the newest fix! (I know this is out of your hands.) A big thank you to both of you for this amazing sheet I take advantage of everyday!

Edited 1450235237
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
chris b. said: new pull request <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>... fixes the following: misc ac (i guess this didn't get in before) melee buff, ranged buff stealth Flat Footed CMD fixed CMD updates when CMD-Misc updated buff displays correctly in defenses grid To fix stealth: hit the "recalc all" checkbox at top right, and it will reset the stealth skill Joe, somewhere you must have a "Stealth" attribute on the attribute page. &nbsp;but it's probably impossible to find.&nbsp; This is now live! (Reload if you're already in-game to get the latest.)

Edited 1450235495
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oh I'm sorry there were so many bugs. Edit:woo hoo! Thanks Riley Known issues: floating macro on attacks page So how do I get Sheet Author by my name?&nbsp; 😁
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Appologies for any issues. &nbsp;We've had the sheet on beta for the last month. &nbsp;Testers are limited and so it's inevitable that there will be problems when the sheet goes live. &nbsp;Chris has played superman on this. &nbsp;;-P &nbsp;We will continue to fix bugs as fast we can.
chris b. said: Oh I'm sorry there were so many bugs. It is okay. I have done coding before. You fix one hole to create 10 more.
All is looking good! Even stealth is fixed! Keep up the good work! Thanks guys!&nbsp;

Edited 1450242499
Still having problems with the HP calculations over here. Gelatinous Cube (4d8+32) should be coming up as 50, but comes out at 48 instead. Also having problems with AC calculations. The sheet isn't subtracting DEX modifier from flat-footed.
I think the HP issue is when the rounding is done on the "average" HP/HD.
Timm O. said: I think the HP issue is when the rounding is done on the "average" HP/HD. That looks like the problem on this end, too. HP is being rounded down instead of halves being added.&nbsp;
I don't know if this has been reported but on the sheet when ever you add a new item to the list like a feat or class ability it moves a pair of the items randomly to different spots on the list.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Joseph S. said: I don't know if this has been reported but on the sheet when ever you add a new item to the list like a feat or class ability it moves a pair of the items randomly to different spots on the list. Seems to be related to the update. &nbsp;This has been mentioned to the Devs and &nbsp;I believe it's being looked into.&nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Timm O. said: Looks like there's a problem in the NPC-HP|max field when there is an odd number of HD. &nbsp;3d8+3 (Bugbear) should be 16 HP, according to the Bestiary. &nbsp;The new sheet is calculating it at 15. &nbsp;3d8+6 (Shadow) should be 19; sheet calculates 18. We'll get that fixed.
I don't know if it's been reported yet, but there's a couple of folks doing a metric shit-ton of work to keep a sheet working for hundreds of folks and I don't think they're even getting paid for it. &nbsp;Vince, Chris, you guys rock. &nbsp;Thanks so much for all the slaving away on this. &nbsp;
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Anthony C. said: Still having problems with the HP calculations over here. Gelatinous Cube (4d8+32) should be coming up as 50, but comes out at 48 instead. Also having problems with AC calculations. The sheet isn't subtracting DEX modifier from flat-footed. Are you saying that when you change the Ability mod, nothing changes for FF(given that the ability has a modifier)? &nbsp;If so, are there any blank fields in the row(mod, buffs, cond, etc.)?

Edited 1450250604
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Joshua F. said: I don't know if it's been reported yet, but there's a couple of folks doing a metric shit-ton of work to keep a sheet working for hundreds of folks and I don't think they're even getting paid for it. &nbsp;Vince, Chris, you guys rock. &nbsp;Thanks so much for all the slaving away on this. &nbsp; You're welcome Joshua. &nbsp;;-P BTW, Chris ran a marathon for this update. &nbsp;
I just found out a little more about those broken attack macros. It seems that they won't change their attack bonuses or dmg bonuses. It is almost like the single macro is crashed. This may have something to do with the repeating update, but you two would know far more than I would on that.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
NPC-hp max fixed <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/</a>...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Courtney R. said: I just found out a little more about those broken attack macros. It seems that they won't change their attack bonuses or dmg bonuses. It is almost like the single macro is crashed. This may have something to do with the repeating update, but you two would know far more than I would on that. Can you screen cap this? &nbsp;I'm trying to replicate this on an existing character without luck. &nbsp; Also, do your other attacks function properly? Appreciate your help. &nbsp;Cheers

Edited 1450257643
In the first two pictures, you can see that their is no modifiers whatsoever of the damage. However the Mod and DMG clearly show it is being modified by something. In the third picture you will notice the attack has a -4 modifier, yet it clearly has no reason to be. Their is no modifiers and Proficiency is marked as Yes. Then lastly, and one I cannot show, the three refuse to be deleted. The first two returning instantly and the third returning upon re-entering the sheet or just leaving the attack section and returning. Edit: Also deleting the sections cause them to copy one of the other attacks still there. It looks to be the one right below it.

Edited 1450276629
Magik
Sheet Author
For my pre-existing attacks, I found that I had to change the "ATK Mods" value then change it back to what I had it set as previously to get the "ATK" value to calculate properly. The same situation for "DMG Mods" for "DMG" to calculate properly. For example, if the "ATK Mods" had a prior value of 2, I would change it to another value, such as 0 or 20 then the "ATK" would calculate based on that change. I then changed it back to what I had it set as to be accurate for my character. Thanks for this update BTW. I don't envy the pain that you are going through now, but it'll be worthwhile in the end. Magik EDIT: BTW, I did use the "Recalc" check box, but that didn't help.
Figured out what appears to be happening with regard to NPC Armor and Shield values. Previously if I entered values into the "NPC" page for these attributes, it would instantly add them correctly. Now I must go to the non-NPC "Defenses" page and manually toggle on the checkbox for the Armor or Shield, respectively.

Edited 1450278493
Magik
Sheet Author
There seems to be something wrong with the repeating entry code change and not something with the character sheet itself. I had a set of 17 attack entries then attempting to Add another. I started out by changing the first "Enh" field to a 1. A couple seconds later during the refresh, the new item entry row disappeared. The "Enh" value of 1 is now on a previously existing attack and the "ATK" calculation for that attack went from 14 to -3. I went through and reset "all" values in the attack entry and it is back to 14 ATK. Magik EDIT: Upon further analysis, it appears that the new attack entry may have just taken on the visual settings of an existing entry, causing the confusion. My existing entry was reordered in the list and had the proper ATK value. The new entry may have looked exactly like my existing entry, but had to be fully reconfigured to calculate properly.

Edited 1450280773
Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Armor Check Penalty bugged out for me. It stops updating for one of my sheets. Recalc doesn't help, it stays at 7 (I've put the wrong values in the defenses). De/Equipping armor doesn't help. Changing the ACP value of the armor doesn't help. Nor does changing the Armor & Shield to None/Medium/Heavy Load. Edit: Here's the fix. Deleted the field "acp" from the list, then changed the armor/shield acp values so the sheet will recalculate it. Now it works.&nbsp; Acrobatics rolled without ACP.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Chris and I have work obligations for a while, but I will have a look into the NPC AC/Armor issue, repeating section "oddities". &nbsp;Toggling some attributes as Magik mentioned might be necessary in addition to running a Recalc. &nbsp; Appologies to all. &nbsp;Please be patient and we'll get things ironed out. &nbsp;Cheers
@Magik @Courtney R. @Vince Actually, on the repeating attacks section bug -- I had another thought. We did have an issue early in the day yesterday where repeating section-related sheet worker code was getting run when it shouldn't. We fixed it but we noticed that there were some sheets that were having issues if they were used during the time when the bug existed. If you make a new Character in the same game, are you able to trigger the repeating section bugs (where they disappear, etc.)? If so, then it's not related but if it's only happening on existing characters that were probably modified yesterday morning/early afternoon then it might just be happening on those characters (and I can manually fix it for you).
Magik
Sheet Author
@Riley D. I would no longer say that new repeating items are disappearing. It just appears that way when the refresh occurs and the new entry is put into the list in a different position than expected. Adding to the confusion is that the new entry takes on the data of a pre-existing entry, so it makes it challenging to find and the calculated fields are incorrect because the real values of all of the configurable fields are at the default; not what is displayed within them. This morning is the first time for me opening Roll20 or my character, so I don't think that I fell prone to whatever happened yesterday. At this point, I don't need anything fixed, but thanks. I'll get my GM to create a new character for me in the same game and play around with it to provide feedback. Magik

Edited 1450286422
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Joshua F. said: I don't know if it's been reported yet, but there's a couple of folks doing a metric shit-ton of work to keep a sheet working for hundreds of folks and I don't think they're even getting paid for it. &nbsp;Vince, Chris, you guys rock. &nbsp;Thanks so much for all the slaving away on this. &nbsp; Actually tell my wife, she is rather upset at all the time I've spent  I tell her "but I'm practicing JavaScript and increasing my market value" but she's not buying it. :) I have &nbsp;seen the bizarre behavior with repeating sections too when adding, but I am not sure why it happens, since we are not actually doing anything in the JavaScript when items are added or deleted or reordered. I completely ignored all of that in favor of simple default values in the html since the user is not going to add a row without modifying at least something in the row.
Vince said: Simon, was this an existing macro that pulled from the pre-set button bar(0-26)? &nbsp;We have removed the preset buttons since repeating sections can now be used by their name and you can drag/drop them to the quick bar. If you drag a repeating attack to the quick bar, you can learn it's unique name/ID and update your macro with their new button macro names. Thanks to your help, I was able to figure out that the reason the macro was not working was because the name changed FROM: repeating_weapon_0_attack TO: repeating_weapon_0_attack-roll
Thank you Chris B.'s wife! XD Going through the repeating sections for attacks, the fields for ATK mods and DMG mods no longer seem to be evaluating expressions (e.g., [[1 + 1 -2]]), and are only taking single integers as inputs. I cannot tell if this intentional or a bug. It&nbsp;almost seems intentional because the new "Attack and Damage Effects" section appears to be intended to replace/streamline this sort of bookkeeping, but its usefulness in this regard is severely limited because of how it applies to all attacks (i.e., ranged and melee). At the end of the day, I think it would make a lot of sense to add a subsection for Attack and Damage Effects under each repeating attack for the purposes of tracking on a weapon-to-weapon basis what each modifier is and where it is coming from. &nbsp;
Riley D. said: @Magik @Courtney R. @Vince Actually, on the repeating attacks section bug -- I had another thought. We did have an issue early in the day yesterday where repeating section-related sheet worker code was getting run when it shouldn't. We fixed it but we noticed that there were some sheets that were having issues if they were used during the time when the bug existed. If you make a new Character in the same game, are you able to trigger the repeating section bugs (where they disappear, etc.)? If so, then it's not related but if it's only happening on existing characters that were probably modified yesterday morning/early afternoon then it might just be happening on those characters (and I can manually fix it for you). It is only happening on those pre-existing characters. One player just recreated his character sheet and is having nor problems with it. Would the fix then be just to move our character information to a new sheet?