Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[5e Shaped] 5.0.8+

Edited 1468671426
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet This is the redesigned Shaped character sheet for use on Roll20.net with the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons (5e). The sheet is designed to be usable by all Roll20 users regardless of subscription level. If you are updating an existing campaign I highly recommend you duplicate your campaign and use that to copy data over. I also recommend starting each character from a fresh sheet. Shaped Character Sheet Companion Script Documentation Please report any bugs in the issues tab or on this thread. They will however be tracked on the issues tab Features High performance sheet without the lag of old versions (100% sheet workers) Improved styling to match the 5e paper sheet with nearly all elements clickable to output to chat Compendium Integration for NPCs, Armor, Equipment, Spells, Weapons NPC actions and traits are parsed and clickable. Customizable skills with the option to change the ability on the fly Translations (English and French so far) Auto populated Class Features which include things like Lay on Hands or Sneak Attack Spells with filtering and the option to cast at a higher level Customizable Classes - Change Name, HD, or spellcasting level of the classes Armor - Covers normal armor as well as unarmored ability cases like monk, barbarian, etc. Equipment with gold and weight automatically calculated. Equipment Items are clickable from the core page for items like Potion of Healing Attachers can be used to remind yourself to add to saving throws while within 10 feet of your paladin Extra features: Jack of all trades, halfling luck, vision, movement, appearance. Settings for how to output all rolls, death saves, initiative, etc Roll settings to choose to always roll with advantage, disadvantage, or query for both Optional bonuses to all skills, abilities, saving throws, etc. How to Update the sheet yourself (as Pro): Copy the html from github In Roll20 go to campaign settings and choose a custom character sheet. Choose D&D 5e as the SRD In the HTML tab paste the HTML code Copy the css from github On Roll20 in the CSS tab paste the CSS code. Copy the translation from the appropriate file on github (en is English, fr is French, de is German, it is Italian, etc) On Roll20 in the Translation tab paste the JSON from the appropriate file. Hit save. Contribute Since many have asked for it: If you appreciate what I do and want to compensate me for the countless hours that I have spent building this character sheet feel free to support me on Patreon or Paypal ( <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> ). Thanks so much for your support. This Patreon campaign is not affiliated with Roll20; as such, contributions are voluntary and Roll20 cannot provide support or refunds for contributions.

Edited 1468770656
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
5.1.0 (2016-07-16) Features German translations updated Core page changes: Abilities on core page are less tall and less wide. Right column is slightly wider Background info and traits now have scrollbars if they go beyond a few lines (4 for background, 5 for traits) Resistances and Immunities moved below skills. Bold removed from several areas, text sizes adjusted Settings Removed "Hide AC" and "Attacks vs Saving throw" from houserules section Averages for custom saving throws now use highest 1 or 2 Initiative can now use any ability score
@Kryx, do you foresee any issues going from 4.6.3 directly to 5.1.0? Although there were some minor issues with 4.6.3, my two groups felt it was a good point to stop the updates for a little while. I fear I let that go too long and now I might have other issues like certain things not updating correctly.

Edited 1468770448
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Make a copy of your campaign and see!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
5.2.0 (2016-07-17) Features Expertise can be treated as advantage when importing - will be a setting on the script from Lucian. Spells macro now defaults to big to match the ability checks and saving throws Custom saving throws now set their proficiency if any of the checked base saves are proficient
5.2.0 - The size of the spells can't be reset, it always flips back to "Big". &nbsp;I am also not a fan of setting a default that changes behavior, because while I understand some may want their spell list larger, but anyone who was happy with the current setting now needs to go and reset this value to potentially a lot of NPC. Also is the space highlighted in Yellow supposed to be this way, or should the columns align differently there:
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hey Kevin, You're right about spells size default. I was talking it over with Lucian and noticed the discrepancy between that and checks/saves. I'll write a converter so that any pre-existing characters set it to small unless they changed it already.. I'll look at the spacing.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
5.2.1 (2016-07-18) Bug Fixes Spells macro size reverted - no way to convert it. better sizing on hit dice resistances was moved because it was too crowded where it was. I put it where it is because of the houserules I now use. But It's not great for default. I'll have to think over how to make both work. Here are the 2 versions for comparison:
5.2.1 - Minor alignment issue with roll2 button. &nbsp;Opening the sheet to default width, on the configuration tab, the roll2 button seems to jump down to the far left. &nbsp;If you increase the size of the window slightly, it moves back to the normal position. Another question, is it intended that when you have Advantage/Disadvantage selected, that initiative is rolled with advantage/disadvantage respectively? &nbsp;I was under the impression that this was specifically handled by the configuration options.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, I saw roll 2 get dropped down last night. I'll fix that as well. Likely as a result of "Expertise as Advantage when importing". Allowing those boxes to be of any size will present problems with translations so I'll set them to a certain % width. Initiative defaults to "Normal" (which uses the standard advantage/disantage). You can choose to have it always set to advantage or disadvantage for cases like Barbarian I think it is. The "Normal" option extending the standard adv/dis changed a few months ago - it's been this way for a while. The old behavior was a technical limitation. People should be able to use adv/dis for initiative and it shouldn't cause any issues that I'm aware of. Unless you know of one?
It shouldn't cause any issues just a change in behavior that I must have missed, because I thought I remembered that specifying adv/dis from the roll options wouldn't impact initiative. &nbsp;It's no big deal, just wasn't sure if it was working as intended or not.
If you moved Roll 2 up to the top with the rest of the roll option buttons, it wouldn't have that problem.

Edited 1468850143
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The problem exists either way. Can you please not troll my posts? Thanks.

Edited 1468858914
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
5.2.2 (2016-07-18) Bug Fixes All setting page items now have defined widths and don't line wrap if the text is long - to fix potential translation issues Resistances and Immunities now spans all the way to the left. "hide_action_freetext" renamed and converted to&nbsp;"hide_freetext" Small adjustments on other items: margin bottom on abilities slightly smaller size to the circle/box for inspiration/prof/exhaustion Hit dice box now always at least the same size as the death saves box Background boxes now have a min-height of at least 1 line
Feature request: Chris Perkins Style Crits I have been watching Chris Perkins DM on Dice, Camera, Action and he has a nice house rule for crits.&nbsp; The way he does it is if you roll a crit, you max the original die and roll another. So, a battle axe would be 8+1d8+str mod when critting. This not appear to work with additive damage (like sneak attack, etc), just for base attack damage.
Kryx said: The problem exists either way. Can you please not troll my posts? Thanks. Nice name calling there. I was pointing out how to fix it.
Greatings all, please keep this discussion on topic and abide by your OPs Kryx requests.

Edited 1469001116
3 questions about your sheet regarding divine smite and improved one. 1. Is it possible to make it crit? Like when you make a crit with your melee attack you apply divine smite level 1 which will do 2d8 + another 2d8 because of cirt. 2. Are you sure that when divine smiting you add your STR modifier to the damage? 3. With improved divine smite aswell do you add your STR modifier and why does it have 1d8+8+STR? Why the +8?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Robert: you can do that type of critical by editing the crit field of damage.&nbsp;Though I'd recommend not putting sneak attack as "secondary damage" Hi Gert, 1. To crit with divine smite roll it twice. :) 2. Divine smite should not add strength modifier. If it is then it's a bug and should be fixed. You can edit it yourself as well. 3. Improved divine smite should also not add strength. If you hover over the damage you can see where it comes from.

Edited 1469002517
Kryx said: @Robert: you can do that type of critical by editing the crit field of damage.&nbsp;Though I'd recommend not putting sneak attack as "secondary damage" Hi Gert, 1. To crit with divine smite roll it twice. :) 2. Divine smite should not add strength modifier. If it is then it's a bug and should be fixed. You can edit it yourself as well. 3. Improved divine smite should also not add strength. If you hover over the damage you can see where it comes from. i am trying to remove the str but when i make it blank it just comes back on its own. I can make it sacle on some other attribute but when i try to make the attribute modifier to blank it just auto makes it STR
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kryx said: 1. To crit with divine smite roll it twice. :) 2. Divine smite should not add strength modifier. If it is then it's a bug and should be fixed. You can edit it yourself as well. 3. Improved divine smite should also not add strength. If you hover over the damage you can see where it comes from. Must have gotten lost, I reported that (improved) divine smite were wrong (for different reasons) at some point in the last thread (I should just have put it in the bug tracker instead).

Edited 1469002649
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Gert N. said: *snip* i am trying to remove the str but when i make it blank it just comes back on its own. I can make it sacle on some other attribute but when i try to make the attribute modifier to blank it just auto makes it STR For now, just change the type of divine smite to other instead of melee, then you can remove the strength. It's a complicated bug.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah right. It's that bug. I'll see what I can do about it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have a fix for both parts of the issue: Divine Smite/Improved Divine Smite being labeled as melee Melee (or Ranged) items being unable to be set to nothing I've had to change those values from empty to 0 as roll20's system just doesn't work well with empty values. Hopefully no bugs come as a result - it looks stable. I also need to fix the hit dice box - that is totally broken now.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ok, I spent another 2 hrs with the regex and have a better fix that seems to work for everything. I changed the regex slightly, though I think it'll still work in all cases. 100% it'll work in the cases of divine smite/improved divine smite and a veteran's longsword and a few others I tested.

Edited 1469017847
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
5.2.3 (2016-07-20) Bug Fixes Speed box has a minimum height now Redid minimum height for hit dice and backgrounds AC on equipment page no longer bold all ability selects (attack, damage, second damage, heal, default ability, saving throws, skills, initiative) now have the blank option equal to 0. regex for damage reworked. It will no longer force you back to "Str" if you're using a melee weapon. Will fix&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets</a>... <a href="https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/mlenser/roll20-character-sheets</a>... is also fixed as a result Divine Smite and Improved divine smite import as "Other" now. Better logging for development (each function now spits out it's name when saving so I can more easily determine what is messing things up) Actions, traits, spells, etc are no longer expanded by default after being pulled in from the SRD (I'll message Lucian to have him do it as well) Reordered some items on the hide info section of settings. Lucian's UI will match This will be released later this evening.
Kryx how hard would it be to make a macro &nbsp;that did a passive perception check against a mob's stealth ability where the party doesn't see the check? I was going to try to make one that pulled the entire parties but as I couldn't find an attribute that had the passive perception already calculated. If I tried to use the passive perception box calculated from the character sheet the players said they were seeing the check.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're best off making your own macro to output the passive perception of all of your players.
why isnt it possible to change language anymore? the flag buttons just arent there :( ?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Changing your language via the roll20 app is how you get translations for this character sheet.
oh, sorry i did not know that, was confused after the disappearing buttons, thanks a lot
It seems that 5.2.3 should fix the HD not being aligned, correct? &nbsp;Here is an example:
Also on 5.2.2 I noticed the following for skills:
Topic: Formatting Just updated sheet and noticed this formatting issue. I don't know if it has anything to do with translation, but it is only with the one spell. Branding smite should have duration of "Instantaneous" and it shows correctly while editing and rolling, but in the spell tab you can see it sticks out like a sore thumb when edit mode is off.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hit dice will be fixed in 5.2.3, ya. Though I'm likely going to push an experimental 6.0.0 if I can get my linting working. I broke up all the script files and then compiled them later - it'll be much easier for maintainability. ____ Dvergr, anything with&nbsp;[WORDS] means a failed translation. Branding smite is a concentration spell. The failed translation is correct in idea. How did it get there? Is this previously manually entered? then just re-select. If it's from the SRD or script please let me know.
Just checked the other caster in the group and a lot of his spells are showing instances of this and not just limited to duration. Yeah, it sure is concentration.&nbsp;I used the SRD to drag and drop originally for the paladin and added an emote. I believe the wizard used the SRD as well, but I'll have to ask to make sure. &nbsp;Is it known for the SRD to have errors when it was first released and changes to it will cause these to pop up? Maybe some things got shuffled with the many updates I've copied over? Anyway I'll just tell my players to drag and drop again from the SRD and hopefully it will fix or just manually fix all the spells that got broken.

Edited 1469041115
Is the drop-down menus new for spells? I don't remember there being drop-down menus. Maybe some of those did get switched during the updates?&nbsp; Adding: BTW not crying about it. I just had to go in and select the correct ones. Some were set on the correct setting for components, but I just selected something else in drop-down and set it back to what it was. The formatting issue goes away.&nbsp;
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Dvergr76 said: Is the drop-down menus new for spells? I don't remember there being drop-down menus. Maybe some of those did get switched during the updates?&nbsp; That's the reason that things look funny. A freeform field was converted to a drop-down menu, and where that failed, you get the brackets. In any case, reselecting the right entry in the dropdown list will fix it, no need to re-drag anything from the SRD.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yup, you edited the spell information which caused the problems. Jakob has it right - re-selecting will solve it.

Edited 1469044843
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
6.0.0 (2016-07-20) Features Scripts are now fully split into their own files and combined later. Hopefully I can add some tests soon. This change is huge so it'll likely need some testing before I push it to everyone. Everything seems to work currently Bug Fixes All bug fixes above on 5.2.3 Fixed nbsp for proficient skills Let me know if you guys encounter anything weird.
Kryx, that's awesome news. One thing that's coming up is that the sheet is getting so many updates, that sometimes stuff gets a little funny at game time. Like when those translations didn't take. I've heard a few other people with similar stability (for lack of a better word) issues. Now, this is a GOOD problem to have! We appreciate how active you are updating this sheet! Really, it's awesome, thank you! Did I make that part clear? I'm just wondering if there's a way to have a stable version on Roll20, and have like a Staging / QA / Test version that can be vetted before it's pushed live? Any ideas there?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I posted the answer to that a thread or two ago. Summary is Pro users will essentially act as testers for new versions. I'll wait longer to push them live. Some of the instability issues couldn't be avoided (see editing spells manually and then converting them to a set list above). Others could've been solved though. I'm pretty consistent with semantic versioning so you can use that to judge how large a change is. Now all that said if everyone stops using/testing the new version then no1 will get a stable version. Hopefully tests can help this a bit, though tests can only go so far in roll20's system.
Ah, wonderful. I must have missed that. Sorry to be redundant.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No worries.
6.0.0: Roll2 is not functioning properly for existing NPCs. &nbsp;It does seem to work for newly imported/created NPCs if set manually. &nbsp;It generates the following error when attempting to use a token action pointing to the ability: When attempting to roll directly from the sheet, no roll is made (only damage): Not sure an exact reproduction path, but it seems like occasionally damage doesn't convert properly and outputs only 0. &nbsp;Modifying the damage and then setting it back fixes the issue, so does unchecking and rechecking the damage boxes. &nbsp;For example:
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I want to reiterate that 6.0.0+ is a large refactoring so use it with caution. Kevin I'll take a look tomorrow. I removed the attack vs saving throw about a week ago so it shouldn't be related to 6.0.0. I wonder if the conversion failed or what happened. Was the touch attack preexisting, or new?
Touch attack was preexisting.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Can you send me an invite. I assume forcing it all to update will fix it, but I want to be sure.
Kryx said: Can you send me an invite. I assume forcing it all to update will fix it, but I want to be sure. Indeed, forcing it to update (modifying damage in any way) or unchecking/rechecking damage fixes the issue.