Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Shadowrun 5th Edition (advanced)

Edited 1476879584
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hello everyone, My new character sheet just got accepted into the roll20 library. This sheet has all the same features that the old sheet had, but a few major improvements: Everything is organized in tabs Vehicle specific tests and weapons Matrix got a big overhaul condensing and adding missing information Magic initiation and summoned/bound spirits, inluding a database to autocalculate spirits and sprites attributes Technomancers are no longer 2nd class mages and now have their own layout Tool-tips on every single field Since this is my first character sheet (and my first project working with HTML in general) any feedback is warmly welcome. I am open for suggestions and feature requests. If you find any typos feel free to just send me a PM.

Edited 1475700052
Alex C.
Plus
Marketplace Creator
Decided to switch the sheets in my game over to your new one and I'm digging the layout and look of it so far. Haven't ran into any bugs. Two quick questions. Is there a standard template or a list of the attribute names you used for the sheet that I can call on when making custom chat macros? Why do the skills have to be entered in manually instead of having a list prepared, so all we have to do is enter in ratings?
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hi, yes you can see any macro by just pressing the up-arrow after using it, that is probably the easiest way to customize any macro on roll20.  For my sheet (anything lowercase is a variable): name Rolls roll_name val1(val1_num) val2(val2_num) ... val8(val8_num) Modifiers(mod_num) Woundpenalty(wounds_num) limit(limit_num) result Successes after1(after1_num) after2(after2_num) description I might work on something for the skills in the future, for now a endless list is the easiest solution. I dont want a list with every single skill on it so something more complicated might come up in the future.
Thanks for this, I've always been interested in trying a game of shadowrun, and having access to a good character sheet is definitely one of the things that makes picking up a new system easier.

Edited 1476407636
I'm really liking the sheet so far, but there might be an issue with the way limits are calculated. The physical limit is supposed be be [(Strength x 2) + Body + Reaction] / 3 (rounded up). When I enter a strength of 1, body of 2, and reaction 4 (8 total), it's giving me a limit of 4. This should be a 3. Edit: Upon further testing, it does not appear to be factoring in the reaction stat.
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yeah the fix is already on the dev server, should be done next week. will automaticly fix itself on the sheet, no need to change anything.
Took a quick look at your sheet and I'm quite impressed. The use of tabs is a very good idea in a game like Shadowrun, where you need to keep track of a lot of info in several very different fields (of which some are completely irrelevant to some PCs). Not too keen on how you handle skill specialities, though. Now it adds yet another step to rolling dice, slowing the game. I would have preferred a way similar to what you use with spell specialities, i.e. having a checkbox to tick if using speciality. Better yet, having another button (next to the non-speciality one) for rolling with speciality would have worked too - like it works with the other 5e char. sheet here. A question about the Magic tab. There seems to be a few skills missing, like Banishing and Counterspelling. You list Sorcery there, but it's a skill group, not an individual skill. Wouldn't it be better to have all the magical skills there, not just some? Or did I miss something? I did a quick look only, so apologies if so. I like how there is a place for summoned spirits, so that the regular ones can be in the summoner's sheet, not requiring their own sheet. And it is absolutely fantastic how the sheet calculates their attributes automatically. This is a huge time-saver! Two thumbs up!! Kudos for having the ability to modify the limits (e.g. due to adept powers), for having a robust vehicle section (riggers will thank you greatly), for having additional space for notes in many places, and for doing clear and comprehensive tooltips. All in all, it is a very good character sheet, which might need a bit more fine-tuning, IMHO, but other than that - well done!
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hey, thanks for your kind words. to answer your question about magic skills, the sheet only asks for those that are used in calculations and there are no macros that would use counterspelling or banishing. As for specializations, the sheet is not ment to be modified for every roll. while you are either specialized in a spell or not, it never changed. but with skills you can use the same skill without applying the specialization. using a checkbox would just move the additional click to a different place and without the possibility to just press enter. and while using two buttons is a possible solution, i believe the additional query is faster especially when using a keybord (arrow up/down + enter). 
Great looking sheet at first glance. I was planning on putting a few detailed characters into it tonight to see how it handles everything. One quick thought, the roll templates are very unreadable with the dark red text color on black background:
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yeah that is on purpose, so it is easy to glance the important information. you really only need to read the red text once and then never again.

Edited 1477699353
I'm going to try this out properly shortly, looks great so far. There is a spelling error on the main page though. On the main page it says 'Judge Intetions' instead of 'Judge Inte n tions' EDIT: Just noticed that the roll template doesn't seem to display anything to highlight glitches. Am I missing something or do you need to mouse-over the roll to check for glitches? See the image below where I rolled a glitch.
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
thanks for pointing out the typo and sorry but there is nothing i can do about glitches. this is a roll20 limitations and can not be overcome unless you use scripts. check out the script subforum for that (note: only available to pro-users)
I'm not able to enter anything into recoil, am i missing something ?  Other than that new sheet is awesome. tabbed format has really helped everyone.
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
you probably forgot to mark the weapon as ranged. check out the first checkbox on each weapon
That was it. perfect thank you! 

Edited 1482691569
Let me start by saying this character sheet is amazing. It is very detailed. I imagine it took quite a bit of time to put together, and thank you for taking that time. I've been putting together a campaign and I think I've found a bug. On the Character tab, the 'Single Box' field states it is for the high pain tolerance quality, but i'm not getting the correct wound modifiers when using it. If i set it to 1, and then give the character 4 boxes of damage, the modifier is still at 0. It doesn't increase to 1 until 7 boxes of damage, which would essentially be 4 levels of high pain tolerance (which doesn't exist).  I think this has to do with linking the calculations of physical and stun together. If i set the Single Box to 1 and then give the character 4 physical and 3 stun, it correctly shows the wound modifier as 1. Increasing the stun to 4 correctly changes the wound modifier to 2. It appears to grant the bonus from both meters to a single meter in the event that there is only damage in that meter. Calculating physical and stun modifiers distinctly and then adding them together would likely correct the problem. Something like this should work: PhysicalModifier = floor((PhysicalWounds - SingleBox)/Multiplier) StunModifier = floor((StunWounds - SingleBox)/Multiplier) TotalWoundPenalty = PhysicalModifier + StunModifier

Edited 1482782992
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ok thank you, i will take a look at it Edit: Your suggestion was exactly how i did it aswell :D Problem is, it will not prevent StunModifier to go into negatives, if StunWounds is 0 and will thus cancle out the PhysicalModifier. It is now fixed for next release, although im not sure when the roll20 team will get around to do one with all the holidays.

Edited 1482795767
Is there any chance of adding a spot for Parry and Block along with the one for Dodge? Edit: I just realized that Dodge roll is the standard INT+REA defense test. Do you just have players add in their skills if they use an interrupt?
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes, it will ask for situational modifiers

Edited 1482984419
I love the update to the skills section, but it seems to have broken something with casting spells. Instead of getting the number of successes for the casting, i'm getting text like this: "[[(6+0+6+0+0-0+0)d6cs>5>5sdkh6]] Successes" displaying in the template under results. Edit: It specifically has to do with the Limit calculation. Taking this part out "[[?{Force|6}+?{Raise Limit by|0}]]" and substituting in a fixed value of 6 works perfectly. Edit 2: Changing   "[[?{Force|6}+?{Raise Limit by|0}]]"     to     "[[[[?{Force|6}]]+?{Raise Limit by|0}]]"   fixed the problem.

Edited 1483045098
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah i noticed, same with summoning/binding/compiling. Was the same with weapons initially, but i caught that one right away. Anyway thanks for reporting, fixed for next update. Edit: vehicles were also affected
Thank you for fixing them so quickly.
jflo
API Scripter
Is there a shadowrun "namespace" for attribute names? I was using the Shadowrun5e-Gerdofal sheet in my campaign, and when I import characters from my vault into a new campaign running this sheet, very little of the data is actually mapped correctly.  For example, I imported a teams mage, and I only got the spells, qualities, vehicles and contacts. I'm assuming this is because the field names differ: This one uses attr_bod_base  as opposed to attr_body_base  used by Shadowrun5e-Gerdofal. I looked at the standard sheet as well, and that uses attr_body , so thats a third population of characters that can't use this. Does everyone pretty much just re-key in characters when they switch sheets? I have a sizeable stable of NPCs that I'd really prefer not doing this for.

Edited 1483389485
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I will take a look and see if i can rename some attributes, but as you said, there are already 2 different sheets using different names, so it will be hard deciding which one to follow if any. Sadly there is no way skills can be transferred since this sheet handles them completely different to any other. Edit: After doing some tests, i have to say it is impossible to do without forcing everyone already using the sheet to redo their attributes, sorry.
jflo
API Scripter
That makes sense, thanks for looking. I noticed the D&D kids all refer to "5E Shaped" character sheets. Have they settled on some sort of standard naming convention for attributes? Every time this comes up I yearn more and more for stronger typing on this persistence mechanism. "Throw a bunch of key=value pairs into firebase" is weak sauce indeed. BTW for those asking about Glitch tracking, I have a script that does that for the Shadowrun5e-Gerdofal sheet. I'll look into supporting this one too.

Edited 1483479478
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
i already adapted the glitch script, if anyone is interested send me a PM.

Edited 1483477461
Silvyre
Forum Champion
The 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 sheet is authored by the Roll20 Dev Team. The 5e Shaped sheet is solely authored by the talented Kryx . Each sheet uses its own set of unique Attributes, but both sheets offer a means of converting the Attribute sets used by other two D&D 5e sheets (via Sheet Workers ), which can make a switch between these two particular sheets less painful.

Edited 1483495372
It looks like the results update has moved onto the production server, but there is still an issue with results on spellcasting. It appears to be totaling the dice pool and reporting it as successes rather than rolling it.  Edit: to clarify, I'm referring to the dice roll next to each of the spells, not the skill.

Edited 1486187403
Thank you for all your hard work in making this.  As a new player it is very helpful to have tools like this. I play a rigger and I didn't see an area in the matrix tab dealing with a RCC.  Did I miss it?  You can kinda use the cyberdeck feilds, but not really. Also, is there a function to use edge when you roll, either before or in order to reroll misses?
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
yes as a rigger you have to use the cyberdeck fields, just put a zero in attack and sleaze (unless you have more). For pre-edging there is a button on the first tab on the top right, although you will have to know your dicepool. Post-edging is something that is simply impossible to do with the roll20 syntax without the use of scripts.

Edited 1487448063
Just switched over my long running game to this from the depreciated sheet and I'm really digging it. Also the ability to import from Chummer is absolutely amazing! This sheet is definitely making my life easier already and i'm very grateful to you for putting it together. Side note: The weapon dropdowns having "Thrown Weapon" mispelled as "Trown Weapon" Any chance we could get the total recoil pool on the Main tab weapon list? I love that it shows up in the roll template, but it would be awesome if you didn't have to switch tabs to find out how much a penalty a character might take from full auto burst on their first Action Phase. I'd ask you for a way to track progressive recoil, but i honestly can't think of a good way to handle it without it being super tedious. Edit: I just realized i could just use status markers on the tokens for tracing progressive recoil. Anyway, this sheet is already awesome. Thank you for making it.

Edited 1487408279
Another note: When importing characters from Chummer, watch out for any "Null" items. Anytime i load a custom PACK onto a character, it creates a "Null" or empty item in the Gear section of Chummer. I personally can't interact with this "Null" item without crashing Chummer, so I can't really delete it from the character in Chummer. The reason i bring this up, (because Chummer issues are not the responsibility of the author of this sheet) is because that "Null" item was preventing me from importing the character into this character sheet on Roll20. I removed the "Null" item from the JSON code and the import worked like a charm. I don't really expect the author of this sheet to fix this since it's not really an issue with the sheet directly; I just figured I'd note this behavior for anyone else that might encounter this issue. For Reference: (if you see this, remove it)           {             "name": null,             "name_english": null,             "category": null,             "category_english": null,             "iscommlink": "False",             "ispersona": "False",             "isammo": "False",             "isprogram": "False",             "isos": "False",             "issin": "False",             "capacity": null,             "armorcapacity": null,             "maxrating": "0",             "rating": "0",             "conditionmonitor": "8",             "qty": "1",             "avail": "0",             "avail_english": "0",             "cost": "0",             "owncost": "0",             "extra": null,             "bonded": "False",             "equipped": "True",             "homenode": "False",             "location": null,             "gearname": null,             "source": null,             "page": null,             "children": null           },
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
alright, typo and null issue are fixed for the next release

Edited 1487638968
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Really liking the sheet, now that I've had a chance to try it out! Some technical issues I found: The 'Base Dicepool' Attributes of the Swimming , Tracking and Pilot Watercraft skills are initially tied to Agility (conflicting with the 'Attribute' dropdown, which does display as the appropriate option). Sheetwise fix: toggle the 'Attribute' dropdown of each skill to any other option and then back to the appropriate option. The 'Specialization' checkbox of new Knowledge Skills becomes "checked" immediately after a new repeating-row is created. Sheetwise fix: enter "none" (without quotes) into the 'Specialization' field of each skill to restore the checkbox. And here's a request: Within the "Skills" tab, make the subsections of the "Active Skills" (including headers and buttons) more compact if every skill within those subsections is hidden. Alternatively, add button(s)/toggle(s) that effectively accomplishes this.

Edited 1487661301
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks a lot for that report, i would probably never catch small mistakes like the wrong attribute while displaying the right. The knowledge specialization is sadly not as easy to fix, i have been struggling with that since long before i added sheet workers, but they can actually solve the problem, so its fixed. Working on your requests now. Edit: Alright narrowed it down quite a bit. will take a week to go live, but please give me feedback if that was enough
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Jens said: Alright narrowed it down quite a bit. will take a week to go live, but please give me feedback if that was enough Looks great! Thanks!
Big thanks for the updates! I noticed that the Descriptions of most skills and Matrix actions weren't displaying so i copy/pasted the macro and noticed they were missing the closing curly bracket It's in bold at the very end of this example @{Rating 4 Decker|gmroll}&{template:shadowrun}{{name=@{Rating 4 Decker|character_name}}} {{roll_name=@{Rating 4 Decker|skillname8}}}{{val1=@{Rating 4 Decker|skillattr_name8}}} {{val1_num=[[@{Rating 4 Decker|skillattr_value8}]]}}{{val2=@{Rating 4 Decker|skillname8}}} {{val2_num=[[@{Rating 4 Decker|skillrating8}+@{Rating 4 Decker|skillbonus8}]]}}{{val3=@{Rating 4 Decker|skillspec8}}} {{val3_num=[[(?{Specialization @{Rating 4 Decker|skillspec8} applies|Yes,2|No,0})]]}}{{mod_num=[[?{Situational Modifiers|0}]]}}{{wounds_num=[[@{Rating 4 Decker|wound_total}]]}}{{limit=@{Rating 4 Decker|skilllimit_name8}}} {{limit_num=[[@{Rating 4 Decker|skilllimit_value8}]]}}{{limit_mod=[[@{Rating 4 Decker|skilllimitbonus8}]]}}{{result=[[(@{Rating 4 Decker|skilldicepool8}+(?{Specialization @{Rating 4 Decker|skillspec8} applies})-[[@{Rating 4 Decker|wound_total}]]+?{Situational Modifiers|0})d6cs>5>5sdkh[[[[@{Rating 4 Decker|skilllimit_value8}]]+@{Rating 4 Decker|skilllimitbonus8}]]]]}} {{description=@{Rating 4 Decker|skillnotes8}} }

Edited 1488314705
On a seperate note, i've had some time to think about (hopefully) reasonable requests. Damage Resistance modifiers : Any way we can get something that allows for the bonus dice to the Body attribute only to damage resistance tests like Bone Lacing, Bone Density Augmentation, or the Toughness Quality? Perhaps something similar to the bonus that you can assign to Avoidance tests that already exists on the sheet? I'd easily settle for a roll query. Dice rolls as an attribute : If you could take the current "d6cs>5>5sd" and replace it with an attribute (something like @{d6_attribute}), people could customize their rolls to show dice as ascending or jury-rig situational limit modifiers or edge rolls into the sheets using the ChatSetAttr script without having to create a custom sheet (and thus lose the ability to auto-update their sheet when new changes come out). Weapon Slots : Love these.  A button to add more would be awesome for my weapon specialist players. Matrix Damage Resistance: I just poked around in the sheet html until i found the Device Rating attribute and made a custom macro for this, but it'd be super nifty if there was just a button on the sheet that handled this. Ditto for vehicles. (I'd ask for a Matrix condition monitor for vehicles, but it looks like adding more to the vehicle section would seriously mess up your layout) Noise Attribute : The noise reduction attribute is super cool, but it occurs to me that it might be easy to handle noise by just having it as a static attribute on the character sheet that was applied as a negative modifier to all Matrix actions (similar to how Running Silent or wound modifiers work on the sheet). Your GM tells you how much noise is in an area and you just set that and then set your noise reduction, done. No need to manually calculate a noise modifier for each action in an area (other than distance to your target if you're dealing with multiple targets at multiple ranges). This would also help you easily determine whether or not your wireless bonuses are being cut off by noise since you could quickly compare the noise of an area to your commlink/deck/RCC/non-slaved gear's device rating.

Edited 1488316588
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Dylan S. said: Dice rolls as an attribute : If you could take the current "d6cs>5>5sd" and replace it with an attribute (something like @{d6_attribute}), people could customize their rolls to show dice as ascending or jury-rig situational limit modifiers or edge rolls into the sheets using the ChatSetAttr script without having to create a custom sheet (and thus lose the ability to auto-update their sheet when new changes come out). Seconding this suggestion especially! :)
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the report, the bracket is fixed. About your requests: Dylan S. said: Damage Resistance modifiers : Any way we can get something that allows for the bonus dice to the Body attribute only to damage resistance tests like Bone Lacing, Bone Density Augmentation, or the Toughness Quality? Perhaps something similar to the bonus that you can assign to Avoidance tests that already exists on the sheet? I'd easily settle for a roll query. Any reason why you don't just declare it as armor? The sheet does not check if AP exceeds your actual armor rating anyway so there would actually be no difference. Dylan S. said: Dice rolls as an attribute : If you could take the current "d6cs>5>5sd" and replace it with an attribute (something like @{d6_attribute}), people could customize their rolls to show dice as ascending or jury-rig situational limit modifiers or edge rolls into the sheets using the ChatSetAttr script without having to create a custom sheet (and thus lose the ability to auto-update their sheet when new changes come out).  Done. Attribute name is @{standardroll} I also added native support for edge rolls. Dylan S. said: Weapon Slots : Love these.  A button to add more would be awesome for my weapon specialist players. Sadly not possible, but i added 2 more slots for the next release. Dylan S. said: Noise Attribute : The noise reduction attribute is super cool, but it occurs to me that it might be easy to handle noise by just having it as a static attribute on the character sheet that was applied as a negative modifier to all Matrix actions (similar to how Running Silent or wound modifiers work on the sheet). Your GM tells you how much noise is in an area and you just set that and then set your noise reduction, done. No need to manually calculate a noise modifier for each action in an area (other than distance to your target if you're dealing with multiple targets at multiple ranges). This would also help you easily determine whether or not your wireless bonuses are being cut off by noise since you could quickly compare the noise of an area to your commlink/deck/RCC/non-slaved gear's device rating.  done. Dylan S. said: Matrix Damage Resistance: I just poked around in the sheet html until i found the Device Rating attribute and made a custom macro for this, but it'd be super nifty if there was just a button on the sheet that handled this. Ditto for vehicles. (I'd ask for a Matrix condition monitor for vehicles, but it looks like adding more to the vehicle section would seriously mess up your layout). done. even found some space in the vehicle section. Sadly i did not make it in time for today's update, so you will have to wait a week.
Any reason why you don't just declare it as armor? The sheet does not check if AP exceeds your actual armor rating anyway so there would actually be no difference. I suppose not. It makes calculating Physical vs Stun a little wonky, but i'm not about to complain more. Sadly not possible, but i added 2 more slots for the next release. Works for me :) Sadly i did not make it in time for today's update, so you will have to wait a week. Luckily my game is bi-weekly! Plenty of time for us to get acquainted with the new features. Again, big thanks for all the updates and fulfilled requests.
I don't know if this is intentional, but the weapons are now displaying the entire dice pool under the Skill section.

Edited 1488428922
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Thank you very much for the additions! On line 36 , it looks like you might have accidentally wrote a / after the ! when creating the edgerollcheckbox. Ah, I see now that that's a way to prevent limits from affecting edge tests.

Edited 1488422719
Hey folks,  Trying to start up a new SR game with the advanced sheet here.  I can seem to roll off the character sheet but my players all get a  SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. Can't seem to figure a reason why I as GM get the expected results but another person with access to the character sheet are unable. Let me know if this would be more appropriately posted somewhere else.  Still pretty new to the Roll20 community as well. Edit: Player using Edge browser instead of Chrome.  Using Chrome fixed it.
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Edge is just IE in disguise. Don't do IE kids.
First of all, i want to say that i love your char sheet We're playing Shadowrun 5e, and the rolls were normal until couple weeks ago, when we try to use a spell, its adding 2x the magic attribute. Looking at the code, I discovered that the problem is in this part: "skilldicepool68" was supposed to be actually "skillrating68"
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
thanks for the report, fixed for the next release
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Found a minor spelling error: "Intuitioin" on line 107 Keep up the great work!
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ok that was an easy one, thanks
There seems to be something wrong w/ the macro for rolling skills with spirits. I can't figure it out but the output stops at "limit" and spits out gibberish: "limit([[ceil((5 4 -32+4-2)/3)}{{result=3)" And there's no result. Halp??? Also, fantastic sheet, thank you so much!
Jens
Sheet Author
API Scripter
thanks for the report, its fixed on the next update