Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped Script] Version 11+

!shaped-spells and !shaped-monsters both working for me right now. 15.3.0 sheet, 11.3.1 ShapedScript. Was not working for me before last night, so something changed.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please track that issue on the tracker or the Roll20 issue.
Strange- still not for me. 
They didn't work for me. But I thought it might be a question of just the SRD spells versus all the monsters and any homebrew I have. So I disabled all the additional databases and sure enough they worked. Then I added them in one by one. They worked each time I added them in.  I am now having it work with all of my databases enabled. 
I'm on 15.3.0 and !shaped-spells is working for me.
I can confirm that after disabling my database scripts (testing the macro with only the srd content and verifying it worked) and then re-enabling my databases and checking again that my database monsters and spells were now appearing in the chat window.
I'm having trouble importing from stat block. When I try to import from this statblock I get this Field legendaryPoints should have appeared 1 more times Field legendaryActions should have appeared 1 more times
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Issue Tracker

Edited 1502658630
Zym
Sheet Author
I'll post on issue tracker. I was hoping we could finally get a way to set up a macro to create duplicate version of blank character sheets. I run a game that sees quite a lot of traffic and new players wishing to create new characters. I have created about 70 blank character sheets. I just find it another task with which there must be a faster way to create a blank sheet.  I've installed a few APIs that claim to do this, however each one conflicts with Shaped Sheet and sends my error console to failure. I just thought a blank sheet like monster importer to create "Blank Character Sheet I" "Blank Character Sheet II" or just a few duplicates of a Blank Character Sheet. :-))
Alexander said: I'll post on issue tracker. I was hoping we could finally get a way to set up a macro to create duplicate version of blank character sheets. I run a game that sees quite a lot of traffic and new players wishing to create new characters. I have created about 70 blank character sheets. I just find it another task with which there must be a faster way to create a blank sheet.  I've installed a few APIs that claim to do this, however each one conflicts with Shaped Sheet and sends my error console to failure. I just thought a blank sheet like monster importer to create "Blank Character Sheet I" "Blank Character Sheet II" or just a few duplicates of a Blank Character Sheet. :-)) Try the welcome script!
Gary W. said: Alexander said: Try the welcome script! I had the Character Sheet script before, and just saw this one today.  LOVE it, thanks for the advice.
Sorry, I may have missed this in amongst all of the excelent feature in this awsome script. I know you can roll for hit points on monster drop.  Is there a way to drop with maximum hitpoints?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Not currently, no.
Zym
Sheet Author
Gary W. said: Alexander said: I'll post on issue tracker. I was hoping we could finally get a way to set up a macro to create duplicate version of blank character sheets. I run a game that sees quite a lot of traffic and new players wishing to create new characters. I have created about 70 blank character sheets. I just find it another task with which there must be a faster way to create a blank sheet.  I've installed a few APIs that claim to do this, however each one conflicts with Shaped Sheet and sends my error console to failure. I just thought a blank sheet like monster importer to create "Blank Character Sheet I" "Blank Character Sheet II" or just a few duplicates of a Blank Character Sheet. :-)) Try the welcome script! I've installed it and testing... Well "Welcome Pack" Script. So I think this is the one you referring me to install.  I think I did try it before, so not sure if I was coming back with errors before and removed it. However, I'd love it to work so will be trying it anyway. Perhaps I installed an older version before.
Alexander said: Gary W. said: Alexander said: I'll post on issue tracker. I was hoping we could finally get a way to set up a macro to create duplicate version of blank character sheets. I run a game that sees quite a lot of traffic and new players wishing to create new characters. I have created about 70 blank character sheets. I just find it another task with which there must be a faster way to create a blank sheet.  I've installed a few APIs that claim to do this, however each one conflicts with Shaped Sheet and sends my error console to failure. I just thought a blank sheet like monster importer to create "Blank Character Sheet I" "Blank Character Sheet II" or just a few duplicates of a Blank Character Sheet. :-)) Try the welcome script! I've installed it and testing... Well "Welcome Pack" Script. So I think this is the one you referring me to install.  I think I did try it before, so not sure if I was coming back with errors before and removed it. However, I'd love it to work so will be trying it anyway. Perhaps I installed an older version before. I have it installed and it does not play well with the Shaped Script it appears but what I have done is when a new player joins I just restart the API sandbox after they have caused the sandbox to crash. Minor inconvenience but one that makes my life so much easier than the other way of getting players character sheets.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Shadowspawn said: I have it installed and it does not play well with the Shaped Script it appears but what I have done is when a new player joins I just restart the API sandbox after they have caused the sandbox to crash. Minor inconvenience but one that makes my life so much easier than the other way of getting players character sheets. Is that consistent?  I'm sure Stephen L. would love to fix that. =D

Edited 1502814719
Zym
Sheet Author
The Aaron said: Shadowspawn said: I have it installed and it does not play well with the Shaped Script it appears but what I have done is when a new player joins I just restart the API sandbox after they have caused the sandbox to crash. Minor inconvenience but one that makes my life so much easier than the other way of getting players character sheets. Is that consistent?  I'm sure Stephen L. would love to fix that. =D Yes it is consistent, everytime a player join there is an ID error with grabbing character IDs Aye and I remember this is the reason I uninstalled it. I don't like my APIs crashing. Sounds obvious but yeah. I remember getting in touch with one of the authors of the script. I think they were keen, I forgot to remind them after they soon forgot about it. I know the feeling. I have 10 things on the go right now, and still a lifetime of things to add to the list.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
!shaped-spells and !shaped-monsters seems to be fixed. See&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issue" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/issue</a>... if anyone can verify I'd appreciate it.

Edited 1502892426
My issue with !shaped-monsters still persists. The problem started at the same time with everyone. !shaped-spells and !shaped-monsters stopped working. Then a couple of weeks ago !shaped-spells started working again, !shaped-monsters however throws this error still: "5eShapedScript 1502892040887 ERROR : TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:4845:245973\n at apiscript.js:4845:231818\n at Array.map (native)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:4845:231790)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:4845:230573)\n at Command.value (apiscript.js:4845:92457)\n at Object.processCommand (apiscript.js:4845:93423)\n at apiscript.js:4845:226365\n at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :70:8)" Monsters by query works just fine, but the list doesn't.

Edited 1502892602
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is a different issue which will need its own issue on the issue tracker. I suggest you disable all other APIs, try on another browser first, and then provide very clear reproduction steps. Also ensure you have the latest sheet, script, and data format.
I can confirm that !shaped-monsters and !shaped-scripts are working perfectly at this time (tested in several campaigns, both large and small).
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Kevin, did it also work with large data files?
sirren said: My issue with !shaped-monsters still persists. The problem started at the same time with everyone. !shaped-spells and !shaped-monsters stopped working. Then a couple of weeks ago !shaped-spells started working again, !shaped-monsters however throws this error still: "5eShapedScript 1502892040887 ERROR : TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:4845:245973\n at apiscript.js:4845:231818\n at Array.map (native)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:4845:231790)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:4845:230573)\n at Command.value (apiscript.js:4845:92457)\n at Object.processCommand (apiscript.js:4845:93423)\n at apiscript.js:4845:226365\n at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :70:8)" Monsters by query works just fine, but the list doesn't. I had the same problem Sirren. Somebody posts theirs started to work. But mine didn't. The workaround for me was to disable the companion script and the extra databases. Then bring the companion script back online and add each database one by one. Worked for me, and continues to work to this day.&nbsp;

Edited 1502893260
Kryx said: Kevin, did it also work with large data files? Yep, no problems with large data files. One problem I did notice though... if you attempt to modify large data files in the Roll20 API screen it often leads to API failures. &nbsp;Generally you need to modify them out of Roll20 and paste them into the API interface.
Kryx said: Kevin, did it also work with large data files? I have the srd working, a second database a very large database of monsters and spells, and a couple of homebrew databases for spells and monsters
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Awesome, thanks for testing!

Edited 1502893778
Kryx said: That is a different issue which will need its own issue on the issue tracker. I suggest you disable all other APIs, try on another browser first, and then provide very clear reproduction steps. Also ensure you have the latest sheet, script, and data format. I tried both Chrome and Firefox, but unfortunately wouldn't be able to replicate the steps. I did not really do anything. The commands worked great until the issues started for everyone, then everyone started reporting that the situation got better, including Gary W. here. I went to check the game and sure enough !shaped-spells worked, but !shaped-monsters didn't. I can still create the issue on the tracker if you think we can get to the bottom of what's happening here. Gary W. said: I had the same problem Sirren. Somebody posts theirs started to work. But mine didn't. The workaround for me was to disable the companion script and the extra databases. Then bring the companion script back online and add each database one by one. Worked for me, and continues to work to this day.&nbsp; I was excited to hear that the first time you posted it and tried to do so. I even deleted all the scripts at that point and then reinstalled the companion script alone, the issue still persists. My next idea was to try and delete all the character entries in the journal, but I doubt it will help and I would really prefer not to do that.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I wonder if you could be hitting the state size bug? &nbsp;Gary W., did you get it working after we "fixed" your state?
The Aaron said: I wonder if you could be hitting the state size bug? &nbsp;Gary W., did you get it working after we "fixed" your state? Believe that was working BEFORE the state fix. Posted on Friday August 4th about the script commands starting to work again. Believe you helped me with the state issue last Friday.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Sirren is experiencing the state issue, but similarly, we think it cropped up after the initial issue.
Zym
Sheet Author
It works for me, however the amount of pink text listing every monster is massive. Is there a command to just run the query on its self?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can only access the query by using either !shaped or the relevant command (monsters or spells). The query is generated in HTML and can't be done as a command directly within roll20.

Edited 1502926701
Just wanted everyone to know that I fixed the issue in my game! I don't know if the actual state size bug is resolved, but at least the !shaped-monsters command is now working. I created a new game and copied over all character and monster entries [of which there is quite a few by now]. And sure enough !shaped-monsters was throwing the error in the new game as well. Then I started deleting them in chunks to see when the error is going to stop appearing. Eventually I isolated it to a single character which was Will-o'-the-wisp. Having deleted him in the new game which was otherwise empty, except for all the transferred characters, I then confirmed that the error disappeared. I then headed over to my actual game and deleted the same entry and sure enough the error disappeared there as well. Somehow in this particular case my hunch that deleting certain entries from the library would help! I don't know if it's going to be of help to anyone else, maybe it was a unique issue in my case?
Did you look at the monster to see why it was causing the problem?

Edited 1502927545
I did. The ` in the Will-o`-the-wisp's name was the culprit.
Yup, I could see that. Glad you got it figured out.&nbsp;

Edited 1502929253
As a matter of fact, and sorry for spamming the thread here, Kryx, the issue was not the ` but the character entry itself. I tried once again and this time I removed the "p" at the end and kept the ` in the name. The issue was still resolved. So it's just something that was wrong with that specific instance of the "Will-o`-wisp". Changing the name in any way fixes the issue in this case.
Quick question. Last week and today it seems "automatically expend spell resources" isn't working on player sheets. Casting spells is not decrementing their spell slots like it did last we played a couple weeks ago. Anything I might be missing to fix this?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is the script still running? Sounds like the API had an error which isn't so uncommon on roll20. Nothing has changed on the sheet or script in over 2 weeks so it must be either a new issue caused by roll20 somehow or more likely something on your end.
I just installed it and it seems to be working. &nbsp;Most recent versions of sheet and script
This script is not linked on the Shaped Sheet 8+ thread.&nbsp; The link in the first post leads to an older version of the script.
Zym
Sheet Author
I've had some problems.&nbsp; !shaped-rest --long !shaped-rest --short do not appear to be working "Unrecognised or poorly formed option long" However, the rests can be set via the character sheet. Any ideas?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sounds like you are using an old version of the script. Make sure to get it from my github (not Lucian's github). The link in the OP is correct.

Edited 1504437803
Zym
Sheet Author
Thanks I will try that first. EDIT: Works. Can't believe I hadn't updated it. I also have an error with a character of sorts. I won't be able to track it down will I without difficulty? "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn"
Alex Wilson said: Thanks I will try that first. EDIT: Works. Can't believe I hadn't updated it. I also have an error with a character of sorts. I won't be able to track it down will I without difficulty? "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" "Sheet Worker ERROR: Unable to find valid character with ID -Kt6QZ1hdNGhx9kvPdJn" I see that one a lot. It seems to be related to the test character the script relates. It doesn't seem to affect actual gameplay
I get that as well. I'm just too lazy to make the macro to call the character to see what its name is and track down if it's there, or not.
Zym
Sheet Author
I'd like to know how to make the macro if anybody could help.
Alex Wilson said: I'd like to know how to make the macro if anybody could help. Look here <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Referencing%20Attributes,%20Macros,%20and%20Repeating%20Sections" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/wiki/Referencing%20Attributes,%20Macros,%20and%20Repeating%20Sections</a>

Edited 1504631054
Slots police works perfectly for spells but I'm not sure if there was ever a uses police for equipment and class features because I'm not seeing that functionality. Maybe there is a setting in config or on the sheet that I'm missing? Latest sheet and script.
I dont' know about if anything was updated in the last 3 months but class features&nbsp;were&nbsp;policed if you designated the uses per rest restrictions