Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Starfinder (simple)] Character sheet

Edited 1550290579
Phillip G.
Sheet Author
This character sheet has been approved and is active. Please experiment with it and let me know what you think. Planned Upgrades:  The following upgrades are currently planned or in progress: Automatic calculation of encumbrance (requires sheet worker?)  Provide roll buttons for Starship Sheet tab, include code to select named character skills. Addition of Disease/Poison tracker Bug Fixes: The following bug fixes are being addressed: ' next bug here ' Desired Upgrades: Upgrades that would be desired but have not been planned for inclusion will be listed here. Include an "Operative" option for attack type in repeating weapon dialogue Include Solarion features on sheet Import functionality - Looking for volunteers Thank you for any discussion on this topic. All comments and suggestions will be carefully considered.
Well, that's what I get from working from school. I jacked the title for this post all up. It should say "[Starfinder (simple)] Character Sheet.

Edited 1506474082
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Phillip G. said: Well, that's what I get from working from school. I jacked the title for this post all up. It should say "[Starfinder (simple)] Character Sheet. I was thinking it was a "convertible" sheet... either Pathfinder or Starfinder.  LOL Cool stuff Phillip.  Thank you.  Congrats.
Thanks Vince. not convertible, just converted.
Nice job! Looks like someone had the same idea :P <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/2604223/6dsTdQ" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/2604223/6dsTdQ</a>

Edited 1506561815
Phillip G.
Sheet Author
There has been a recommendation for color changes. I am looking into a blue to replace the black table headers and a less bright red for the active tab and attack roll template heading. Please let me know what you think of how things are shaping up. P.S.: Thank you to the one that corrected the title of this post!
Another thing. Please feel free to stop in and see changes in progress. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/2583239/ZMeN-A" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/2583239/ZMeN-A</a>
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Phillip G. said: P.S.: Thank you to the one that corrected the title of this post! We don't do it for the glory... but you are very welcome :)
Hey Phillip, Would it be possible to grab a git of the code so pro users can use the updated sheets without waiting for the merge? Cheers, EDIT: All good, I just got it off the commits you had made to the roll20 repo.
Hey Phillip keep up the good work on the sheet also my name is Phillip as well keep it real man!
If I wanted to make my own macros and want to use the macro template that is used by your character sheet what do I need to put in the macro?&nbsp; I noticed that the spell macro when show shows pf_spell but if I use pf_attack it doesnt work for my macros.
Russell, as it turns out I used a hyphen (-) instead of an underscore (_) when I made my changes. The templates used in my sheet should be: pf_check pf-attack pf_spell I think I may consider changing the attack one in the future for simplification.
Thanks Phillip
Just curious, how long usually does the "waiting merge" takes? Thank you so much for this sheet. I'm very excited to play SF on roll20.
The Devs typically review and merge pull requests Tuesday morning (US eastern time). The sheets should update fairly quickly after that. I did notice a few hour delay when the sheet was first added to the approved sheets. On that same note, I have completed preliminary work on the starship sheet and hope to have it pushed and pulled today so that it makes it into the Dev review tomorrow.
Wow, awesome, thanks!
For some reason, I'm having difficulty moving the Feats and Special Abilities up and down and deleting them using the Modify option.&nbsp;
I will certainly look into that Roy. I had some trouble early one with them, but thought it had worked itself out. For clarification I'd like to ask you to consider a few of the issues I noticed and let me know if you have seen any of them. Are you able to add more than one item? Do the items ever delete while you are entering data? Are you unable to remove all entries?
Phillip G. said: I will certainly look into that Roy. I had some trouble early one with them, but thought it had worked itself out. For clarification I'd like to ask you to consider a few of the issues I noticed and let me know if you have seen any of them. Are you able to add more than one item? Do the items ever delete while you are entering data? Are you unable to remove all entries? I can certainly add more than one item, yeah. Sometimes they'll delete if I add a new one and nothing is put into any of the fields, and I can't seem to delete all the entries, the delete button might not be working.
I didn't&nbsp; seem to have any trouble on the most recent update, please check that you are using the publicly available version vice a custom sheet with copied code. If the problem persists, please do let me know so I can investigate further.
I re-saved my game settings and I can move them around just fine now. The issue with the HP and token Bars from the campaign forum still appears broken, though. No matter what I do, it's always defaulting to 10.
A friend is starting a small Starfinder campaign for us and we are using your sheet. I've spent the last couple days (between stuff) setting up a character. Everything seems to be working fine for me. Haven't heard any complaints from the others yet. Is there any chance you can get the Spell Macros to work like the weapon ones?&nbsp;Where you have the character name instead of player name (/em) in the chat window?
With regard to the emote, you can specifically change it in the macro box (have to check the box to open it for each spell individually), but if you change your active name (drop down menu below the chat entry box) the emote will use that name vice the player/avatar (default) name.
Awesome sheet, much appreciated. two things I've run into so far. 1. I took the toughness feat which allows for 1 extra stamina point. Is there a way you could add miscellaneous stamina modifiers? 2. Could you add an "Operative" option to the attack type to make it a finesse weapon that uses your dex? I know you can get around this for the time being by using "ranged" but just something I ran into.&nbsp;
MH thank you for the accolades. It is nice to have your work appreciated. 1. I am trying to keep the sheet simple. To this end the sheet uses a text input for the stamina (HP and Resolve) calculation. You can easily manipulate that formula in the text box. My recommendation is to add the @{level} attribute to the formula. This will tell the calculation to add 1 SP for each character level the character has. 2. If I add the option for "Operative" it would be the same calculation as "Ranged". So in keeping with the philosophy of having a simple sheet and the fact that the attack template does not state the type of attack, I am going to leave the attack types alone for the time being. (I will add it to the recommendations section above though.) As an afterward, I am planning to update the .JSON file this week to include a more complete instruction set for the character sheet. I will ensure both of these points are noted within the instructions.
I seem to have run into a bit of a bug with the starship sheet, any ship size under medium seems to glitch out the AC and TL displays.
Thanks CR, I have isolated the issue to errant " + " in the values for the size options. This should be fixed on the next push.

Edited 1507487144
Unless it's changed (as of 10/8/2017), the only errors I've found so far are the following: Hit Points - there is no place to input Racial Hit Points except under Attributes & Abilities: HP-racial Will Save - the button that makes a Will save subtracts 5 from every roll. When I mouse over the result to see the formula, it's very different than the Fortitude and Reflex Save rolls Size &nbsp;- I type Medium for my character and on the NPC sheet, it shows Colossal. If I choose Medium on the NPC sheet, it shows 0 on the character sheet Other than that, works great! Thanks!
Thank you for your comments Phil W. - Racial HP is a small number input in the character details portion of the character tab. You can find it by hovering the mouse over the various input boxes. I am considering adding headers to the input boxes instead of the placeholders, but that is where it is. (also the reason there is an attributes block on the Attributes & Abilities tab) - I will check the Will save portion of the character sheet, it is possible I had a cut/copy paste issue. - Size has very little to do with anything in Starfinder, but I will check into this issue as well. On a side note, the Character sheet and NPC sheet were never intended to be used at the same time for the same character, though some of the attributes are duplicated (this is a hold over form the original character sheet).&nbsp;
I myself am trying to pull a Dead Suns Adventure Path together, and am delighted to find this sheet! Only quibble I have is one you've noted already, in that armor class doesn't account for max Dex atm, but that's simple enough to work around.
Quick update, the Will save formula was correct! The problem was an attribute in the drone sheet that had the same name. This will be corrected in the push I expect to occur tomorrow.
Thanks for the heads up Matthew and good luck with your campaign!
Thanks for all your hard work!
The Will Save roll button still spits out results with a -5. Is there a new sheet where this is corrected? Do new versions automatically get pushed out? Thanks!&nbsp;
Well, it turns out the Devs got to the pull requests early last week. The fix for the Will Save bug was not in at the time. I expect it will be taken care of this week. Sorry for the delay.

Edited 1508136363
Chris M.
KS Backer
put together a quick mini&nbsp;tutorial on using the roll templates on this sheet <a href="https://tarrasque.wordpress.com/2017/10/14/starfin" rel="nofollow">https://tarrasque.wordpress.com/2017/10/14/starfin</a>...
That's great Chris, I'm sure this will help a lot of folks. Please keep an eye on this thread as I expect to change pf-attack to pf_attack next week so that it is similar to the other two. Will it be okay for me to include your link in my sheet description when I update my .json file? I think that would put it in a good place for people to find it in the future.
Is anyone else having any issues with using weapon attacks in this starfinder sheet, or am I doing something wrong?
Ostarion said: Is anyone else having any issues with using weapon attacks in this starfinder sheet, or am I doing something wrong? I'm having the same issue. Something pops up in chat but nothing is there right?

Edited 1508296358
Phillip G.
Sheet Author
BIG NEWS: pf-attack has become pf_attack
Thanks alot! So changing the macrotext from pf-attack to pf_attach fixes the combat-macros again.
Thanks for the simple sheet was coming here to mention&nbsp;pf_attack. As well as the spell levels don't automatically change the spell level number, it's a simple macro fix of changing a 0 to a 1-6 but yeah thought I'd bring that up.
I'll look into the spell level issue. I think that may be a carry over from the origonal sheet.
Look into is completed. The default macro was a copy paste, the spell levels have been updated.
First up! - Ace sheet, looks really cool! Just setting up some NPC templates on it though and i dont appear to be able to get the attacks to work, i am using this for initiative and it works well... %{selected|NPC-Initiative-Roll} but not sure what to put for attack, tried a few things such as the below, anyone know what i am doing wrong? %{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_roll} Thanks :)
Hi Tyler, I'm glad you like the sheet. I haven't been playing with the sheet as much as I'd like to (been relying on others to find my bugs :(&nbsp; ), but I think the issue may be in the name attribute for the NPC repeating weapon section. Allow me a couple days to work on it and I think I can have it fixed. Also for Tyler and everyone else; I missed the pf-attack in the default macros for the drone and npc attacks. Please update your macros manually until the next push happens. Sorry.
Thank you Phillip :D
Armor upgrades don't seem to be saving.
Thank you Demko. Got it in the fix for next week!
Also, will the weapon -/_ error be fixed at some point, or will we always need to change fix it ourselves?