Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped Script] Version 11+

Edited 1509264810
I figured out the source of the problem I was having a while back with !shaped-import-monster --X If the monster in the script has an impossible bonus to a skill roll, the script crashes. For example, If a creature has a Wisdom of 12 (+1) and a Proficiency of +2, but in the script has a Medicine (Wisdom) bonus of +4 (Neither 1 + 2, nor 1 + 2 + 2, add up to +4), the script flips out. I'll just have to be extra careful and double check proficiencies in the future.
I just wanted to echo the thoughts of others posting lately regarding the work you put in vs. reward.  A few months ago, I started using the shaped sheets EXCLUSIVELY in the games I ran. I've even convinced others the benefit of Shaped over OGL. As others have said, I only had a pro account so I could use the API (and by extension the shaped sheets) in my games. If you end up deciding enough's enough, I won't bother with anything but a free account anymore. I appreciate ya!
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the support. The script is mainly in a maintainance state where I only fix bugs. That may change in the future (to add features or stop all together), but I won't ever kill the code if I stop working so it will always be available to you.
Thanks Kryx, much appreciated!
I'm having trouble with the automatic ammo and spell options with the Shaped sheet and this. Even after checking the boxes nothing decreases when using a weapon that involves ammunition or spells. Is there a command or something I need to put in to activate it?
I would check to see if your API has crashed first.

Edited 1509642327
Huh, what I get now is: "5eShapedScript 1509641598261 INFO : -=> ShapedScript v11.3.2 <=-" "5eShapedScript 1509641602161 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 15.5.8" "5eShapedScript 1509641602164 WARN : Configuration requires updating" Everything's up to date though, kinda wondering what's wrong. Edit: Nevermind, had to run the game at the same time and hit update. Still not getting any decrease with ammo and spells though.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
James F. said: "5eShapedScript 1509641602164 WARN : Configuration requires updating" Check your chat window in your game.
Kryx, I'm have a bit of an issue with spell slots decreasing after a use. Using a spell decreases the slots, I know because slots police tells me when the character is out of slots. The problem, is the actual amount left isn't updating on the spell page.  For example, a character with 4/4 1st level slots casts bless at 1st level. If I hit Bless 4 times, each time the slots don't decrease to 3/4 then 2/4 etc. But after the fifth button press, the slot police lets me know the character doesn't have slots left, but it still shows 4/4.  I have updated to 15.5.8, and this appears to only affect spell slots. Ammo counts and use/use for any item seems to be working fine, and the rest button seems to be resetting spell slots that are used, as I get a readout in chat for what was recovered during the rest. This problem is affecting all characters with spells.
I'm having a strange issue. Whenever I copy the script into the Roll20 API, it works fine at first. However, after an indiscriminate amount of time, the script code ends up with the following error: SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token It's not that big of a problem for me, as I just save a copy of the script to my desktop and copy-paste it into the API to resolve it whenever it happens. I'm just curious if anyone else has ever run into an issue similar to this. I can't think of any reason why valid code would spontaneously become invalid code on its own.

Edited 1509697329
Trying to import monsters using "!shaped-monsters" or "!shaped-import-monster" and a JSON table titled data.js that was working fine for me months ago and getting this error: 5eShapedScript 1509697078301 ERROR : TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:19:246291\n at apiscript.js:19:232136\n at Array.map (native)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:19:232108)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:19:230891)\n at Command.value (apiscript.js:19:92457)\n at Object.processCommand (apiscript.js:19:93423)\n at apiscript.js:19:226683\n at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :70:8) Not sure how to evaluate that. Spell import from the same table is working fine.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sometimes it seems that deleting the script and data files and then re-adding them seems to solve these kind of problems for me.
Hmm, tried that, doesn't seem to clear up the issue. Tried eliminating excess stuff from the data table to see if it was an issue there, doesn't seem to help. 5eShapedScript 1509698633672 ERROR : TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:32:246291\n at apiscript.js:32:232136\n at Array.map (native)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:32:232108)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:32:230891)\n at Command.value (apiscript.js:32:92457)\n at Object.processCommand (apiscript.js:32:93423)\n at apiscript.js:32:226683\n at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :70:8) Luckily I've got some books through compendium so it's alright, was just easier to import onto tokens if pulling from a database.
Does anyone have any idea about the spell issue though?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Issues should be posted on the issue tracker that is linked in the first post. They must provide reproduction steps on a new character. Otherwise they won't be addressed.
Cool. Sorry, new to all this. Appreciate your patience Kryx
Well after creating a new character and trying to reproduce the result, the spell slots are working normally. However, they do not work normally for any other characters. Got any guesses?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Try recreating the character. It'd probably take less time than debugging it.
Yeah, that was my go to if no one had any suggestions. Just sucks to have to do that for all my spell caster PCs. 
Another question. Is there a way to add custome spells to the import database, so I don't have to keep manually creating them?
Shadowspawn said: Joshua J. said: So last question and I'll quite down for awhile lol. Is there a way to add my own spells to be imported? I'm not good at programming but if it's just a matter of adding them to the js file I can figure it out if the others are there. While setting up PotA, retyping the same spell OVER AND OVER is getting tedious... I'd love a way to add all of the EE spells. I do own the PotA book if that matters. <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/Adding%20Custom%20Data" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/Adding%20Custom%20Data</a> Is the guidance for the format.
Fayne said: Another question. Is there a way to add custome spells to the import database, so I don't have to keep manually creating them? See <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/Adding%20Custom%20Data" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/Adding%20Custom%20Data</a> as I was directed to recently... I just added in all of the Elemental Evil spells for PotA.&nbsp; Works great.&nbsp; Will be adding monsters soon too.
I apologize for my ignorance, but I am new to the API Script game. I am trying to get the companion to work, but I keep getting this error message. By the looks of things people are still able to use the companion, so I assume it is me doing something wrong. "5eShapedCompanion 1510886729552 ERROR : Incompatible sheet version 15.5.8. This script only supports 10.x sheets. You either need to downgrade your character sheet or find a newer version of the script." For Background - I search companion script in the API Script search engine and selected the one from the results I appreciate the help.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
See the first post in this thread for the correct script.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.3.3 Bug fixes Format fixes for new format which can include environment for each monster. Also solves any issues with XGtE.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks, Kryx!
Curious in how people build their own databases. I know to use this as a template:&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/</a>... But when you want to add a LOT of monsters or spells, how do you go about it? Do you use something like Notepad ++ or something else? Do you copy the template over and over or do you have other methods to help streamline it a bit? I see that the script has the SRD and the Unearthed Arcana on one line each. Do you do that after your done? Seems like it would be very difficult to try and edit the data that way.&nbsp; I ask because it would seem to take forever to go monster by monster if you had to just copy the template over and over again. However, this just may be the way to go. If so, then hats off to those who have done it before.&nbsp;
Actually, I write all my monsters in individual YAML files and have a gulp task that watches that folder for any changes and compiles them into a ready-to-use for 5e Shaped database.
Ooh. I’d like to see a more detalied explanation of that Malkunthe H, perhaps in its own thread?&nbsp;
Malkuthe H. said: Actually, I write all my monsters in individual YAML files and have a gulp task that watches that folder for any changes and compiles them into a ready-to-use for 5e Shaped database. Yea I would also be interested in this.
Malkuthe H. said: Actually, I write all my monsters in individual YAML files and have a gulp task that watches that folder for any changes and compiles them into a ready-to-use for 5e Shaped database. +1
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
YAML is just another formatting structure. Similar to HTML.&nbsp; <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML" rel="nofollow">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YAML</a> It'd be the same effort as JSON I believe.
I'd be willing to donate some funds for a tutorial.&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can find several JSON files of monsters on the internet. Many are easy to convert to the format I use.
The book I plan on doing is the Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde. It was a kickstarter book. I'm going to look up what Malkuthe and see if I can recreate it somehow.&nbsp;

Edited 1511207151
YAML will be a comparable amount of effort to writing it out in JSON, but it is a bit more convenient to write in. JSON would be something like: { "name": "Name", "type: "Type", "alignment": "Alignment", "attacks": [ { "name": "Attack Name" "description": "Attack Description" } ] } While YAML in comparison would be: name: Name type: Type alignment: Alignment attacks: - name: Attack Name description: Attack Description I guess I could write something up, if there's enough demand. xD.
I'm attempting to do Fifth Edition Foes and book of lost Spells
Kryx, thank you very much for this character sheet and script.
Malkuthe, if it makes it easier to easily enter spells and enemies, that would be awesome.&nbsp; I do have a question about the JSON files that are already created that go over monster/spell creation. Is there a program where I can enter the formatting structure and then have it "locked in"? As in, once they are created, they cannot be alered or changed? Then I can just push tab, enter the information needed and then tab again to go to the next field?&nbsp; Something like the following: "name": "Monster" , "size": "Medium" , "type": "Humanoid" , "alignment": "unaligned" , "AC": "16", The bolded part cannot be altered, but the fields beside them can be filled out as normal. Would be great if I could do this and create a file for every monster or spell, and then combine them all once complete. Is there a way to do something like that?
Popped this newer thread into the Wiki, which still had the old one:&nbsp;<a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Index#D" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet_Index#D</a>
Aaron K. said: I'm having a strange issue. Whenever I copy the script into the Roll20 API, it works fine at first. However, after an indiscriminate amount of time, the script code ends up with the following error: SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token It's not that big of a problem for me, as I just save a copy of the script to my desktop and copy-paste it into the API to resolve it whenever it happens. I'm just curious if anyone else has ever run into an issue similar to this. I can't think of any reason why valid code would spontaneously become invalid code on its own. Had this exact issue yesterday and again today.&nbsp; I create a new campaign, copy API and Char Sheet from a working game and get the same error.&nbsp; Error only occurs when this script is in use.&nbsp; Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." SyntaxError: Invalid or unexpected token
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I rarely have that error occur, but it's always solved by re-copying the script. I suspect that means its something on Roll20's end. Either way likely something that we have to live with.
Odd it happens in evry new game for me :(
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Try a different browser when setting and saving the api script.&nbsp; It's entirely possible that some of the characters in it are being replaced by the browser when you paste the content, causing the code to be broken.&nbsp; It works for me in Chrome, but I've had issues with API Scripts in the past getting foobared by browser or OS.&nbsp; You might also try copying the Raw version from github rather than the version displayed when you click the file.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.4.0 Features Death saving throw automation now supports death_saving_throw_chances Advantage tracker now properly handles 2d10 and 3d6 Added !shaped-config options for dice_system , hit_dice_recovered_on_a_short_rest , death_saving_throw_chances , and proficient_armor_weighs
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Kryx!
HI All, My players are finding the encounters too easy, is there a way to set the HP for each creature dropped = max hp possible?
Jon M. said: HI All, My players are finding the encounters too easy, is there a way to set the HP for each creature dropped = max hp possible? I don't believe you can do that automatically BUT usually if the encounters are too easy, add higher CR monsters/more monsters.
Theodore S. said: Jon M. said: HI All, My players are finding the encounters too easy, is there a way to set the HP for each creature dropped = max hp possible? I don't believe you can do that automatically BUT usually if the encounters are too easy, add higher CR monsters/more monsters. no so easy with the tales modules etc