Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped Script] Version 11+

Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There is no such setting so you'll either have to adjust it manually or do what is suggested above. You can always add monsters, even in predefined modules. That's up to the GM to determine the proper challenge.
ok cool, thanks for the reply
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
11.5.0 Features Automatically revert advantage works with Advantage+ and Disadvantage-

Edited 1515291134
Cas
Pro
I keep getting this `Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 962 translation strings to worker..." "5eShapedScript 1515289712523 INFO : -=> ShapedScript v11.5.0 <=-" "5eShapedScript 1515289713945 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 15.5.9" "5eShapedScript 1515289713947 WARN : Configuration requires updating"` I'm using the "5th Edition (shaped)" sheet from the drop down menu in Campaign Settings.
Fun Tyrant said: I keep getting this `Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 962 translation strings to worker..." "5eShapedScript 1515289712523 INFO : -=> ShapedScript v11.5.0 <=-" "5eShapedScript 1515289713945 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 15.5.9" "5eShapedScript 1515289713947 WARN : Configuration requires updating"` I'm using the "5th Edition (shaped)" sheet from the drop down menu in Campaign Settings. Run !shaped-config in your game's chat and a prompt should come up to update the script scheme. Also the API script should generally be used with the latest sheet via Custom.
techiecarer said: Run !shaped-config in your game's chat and a prompt should come up to update the script scheme. Also the API script should generally be used with the latest sheet via Custom. Ah worked like a charm, thank you.
Hey guys, this might be a dumb question, but: What are attachers for the sheet? How do you use them?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sheet documentation is  here . Attachers are discussed  here . Basically, attachers are bits of code that run when you use an ability macro, such as casting a spell or using a weapon or class feature. For instance, you can link your rogue's Sneak Attack feature so that every time you make a melee attack, the chat result will include a link to roll the sneak attack damage. The most common ones are discussed on the linked page, but you can also use them to run other bits of code, like using an API script to play a sound effect. You can find the link for the documentation or the issue tracker at the bottom of any Shaped character sheet.
Is it just something in the two campaigns I am in or is the --spells token macro leaving off cantrips in the chat window listing.  Did I miss something with the newer version?
Mike said: Is it just something in the two campaigns I am in or is the --spells token macro leaving off cantrips in the chat window listing.  Did I miss something with the newer version? I noticed this on Friday.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I cannot reproduce this
See how the Cantrips aren't showing up, it's across the board none of them are showing when you use the quick link from the sheet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ah, you are talking about the sheet's ability to output the character's spells to the chat. That is the sheet, not the script. Seems like an issue. Per the OP of both the sheet thread and script thread please open an issue on my issue tracker.

Edited 1516577561
I am using the !shaped-monsters with the most recent update and Shaped Script 11.5.  I am getting the following error, API Output Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 965 translation strings to worker..." "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - default." "-=> TokenNameNumber v0.5.12 <=- [Tue Jul 25 2017 15:01:48 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=> TokenMod v0.8.38 <=- [Thu Dec 07 2017 20:49:40 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "5eShapedScript 1516577535277 INFO : -=> ShapedScript v11.5.0 <=-" "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - 5E-Generic." "-=> TurnMarker v1.3.9 <=- [Tue Jul 18 2017 20:10:57 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=> GroupInitiative v0.9.28 <=- [Thu Jan 11 2018 14:49:14 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "☒☠☒ Initialized It's A Trap! using theme '5E-Generic' ☒☠☒" "5eShapedScript 1516577538476 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 15.7.2"

Edited 1516577836
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please post a screenshot of the log.
When I drop a NPC with linked HP, the HP Roller roll a new value and replaces it. Is this expected?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Probably not ideal. Feel free to open an issue, though in general the script is hard for me to edit due to its coding style so it may not be done.
Is Lucian ever coming back on board?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Den, no error in your log. Feel free to ignore the message unless it is preventing something. Lucian is likely gone. He's living his life on a Spanish mountain.

Edited 1516578025
@Kryx.  It is not allowing me to import Monsters. Suggestions?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Then try the command again and then copy the log. The log is not saved for every session, just the current one.
@Kryx "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 965 translation strings to worker..." "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - default." "-=> TokenNameNumber v0.5.12 <=- [Tue Jul 25 2017 15:01:48 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=> TokenMod v0.8.38 <=- [Thu Dec 07 2017 20:49:40 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "5eShapedScript 1516578191853 INFO : -=> ShapedScript v11.5.0 <=-" "It's A Trap!: Registered TrapTheme - 5E-Generic." "-=> TurnMarker v1.3.9 <=- [Tue Jul 18 2017 20:10:57 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "-=> GroupInitiative v0.9.28 <=- [Thu Jan 11 2018 14:49:14 GMT+0000 (UTC)]" "☒☠☒ Initialized It's A Trap! using theme '5E-Generic' ☒☠☒" "5eShapedScript 1516578194650 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 15.7.2" "5eShapedScript 1516578203837 ERROR : TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined" "5eShapedScript 1516578203845 ERROR : TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:5792:250213\n at apiscript.js:5792:236010\n at Array.map (native)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:5792:235982)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:5792:234765)\n at Command.value (apiscript.js:5792:93429)\n at Object.processCommand (apiscript.js:5792:94395)\n at apiscript.js:5792:230557\n at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), <anonymous>:65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), <anonymous>:70:8)"
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, I've seen that before. Try removing the script and any data files and re-adding them.

Edited 1516602298
@Kryx. I am baffled... In game it imports if I use !shaped-import-monster --'monster name' but the error comes when I use !shaped-monsters I tried the command on a previous game I had with shaped script 11.3.3 and Sheet 15.5.9 and !shaped-monsters worked fine.  I upgraded the sheet 15.7.2 and the script to 11.5.0 and it still worked fine. Both games had the same API scripts. I went to the other game, updated the sheet 15.7.2, deleted all the scripts, then re-added them from raw (to include shapedscript 11.5.0 & data file).  Same error I even tried copying the game and readding the scripts. same error "5eShapedScript 1516602105782 ERROR : TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined" "5eShapedScript 1516602105790 ERROR : TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:12170:250213\n at apiscript.js:12170:236010\n at Array.map (native)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:12170:235982)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:12170:234765)\n at Command.value (apiscript.js:12170:93429)\n at Object.processCommand (apiscript.js:12170:94395)\n at apiscript.js:12170:230557\n at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), <anonymous>:65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at <anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), <anonymous>:70:8)"
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
!shaped-monster (same as !shaped-import-monster) and !shaped-monsters are two different commands. The first imports a specific monster, the second shows a list of monsters. It's possible you have an old data format. I can't really identify the issue as it doesn't occur for me with the latest sheet, script, and data format.
@Kryx, Based on the notes for the script, !shaped-monsters is what I used and it is working in the other game. There must be some imbedded issue in this particular game that will not correct regardless of updating the sheet and all the API scripts.

Edited 1517096555
DM said: Curious in how people build their own databases. I know to use this as a template:&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshapedscript/wiki/</a>... But when you want to add a LOT of monsters or spells, how do you go about it? Do you use something like Notepad ++ or something else? Do you copy the template over and over or do you have other methods to help streamline it a bit? I see that the script has the SRD and the Unearthed Arcana on one line each. Do you do that after your done? Seems like it would be very difficult to try and edit the data that way.&nbsp; I ask because it would seem to take forever to go monster by monster if you had to just copy the template over and over again. However, this just may be the way to go. If so, then hats off to those who have done it before.&nbsp; I created a tool with Java for this a while back for monsters and spells. <a href="https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzZ2o6uO0jwJZmJhRWxsUm1WNjQ" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzZ2o6uO0jwJZmJhRWxsUm1WNjQ</a> I've used it to add virtually every spell in D&D 5e to my own database in addition to every monster in the D&D 5e monster manual, including all possible variants for each monster (such as lair/region actions, Ettercaps having the garrote, psychic gray ooze, etc.) As I'm typing this I'm also adding Xanathar's Guide spells to my main database file as well using these same tools. Using them should be relatively straightforward, but I mostly built it for myself rather than others so I don't know if what's intuitive for me is unintuitive for others. Some features to note: Hitting the Enter key will jump to the next field. Some fields will only appear if you hit Enter on the related field (for example, the Hover check box won't appear unless you enter a fly speed). Hitting the Calculate button will automatically do a Ctrl + C on the end result. For the Monster tool, putting an entry that was created using this tool into the main text box and checking the Reverse checkbox next to the Calculate button before hitting Calculate will re-add all of the entries so that you don't have to keep retyping an entire monster that's really similar to another (for example, orcs, kobolds, etc. that only have a slight difference between the various kinds). Being a complete novice at programming (less than a year of experience), this was hell to put together but it has definitely been worth it as it has saved me countless hours doing all these entries.

Edited 1517096938
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I created&nbsp; this for character sub-class building on the Shaped Sheet. I'm currently finishing up one that does it for races, as well. I have one for feats, but there's no point to posting it, since there is only one SRD feat. Once I strip out all the copyrighted stuff, it would only do the one.
One thing I have to mention for anyone creating a custom database using anything is to double check the proficiencies that you're putting in for the monsters. Sometimes WotC decide to put in a completely random skill bonus that isn't based on the attributes or proficiency bonus of that monster. If you try to import a monster that you created with a skill bonus that doesn't follow the exact format of either (Proficiency + Ability Modifier) or (Double Proficiency + Ability Modifier), the API script will crash and the imported creature will only partially import (might be missing random actions or traits for example). Also, if you're importing any monster with spells, double check and make sure all the spells actually imported. If not you'll have to use !shaped-import-spell -- spellname &nbsp;to fix it.
Aaron K. said: One thing I have to mention for anyone creating a custom database using anything is to double check the proficiencies that you're putting in for the monsters. Sometimes WotC decide to put in a completely random skill bonus that isn't based on the attributes or proficiency bonus of that monster. If you try to import a monster that you created with a skill bonus that doesn't follow the exact format of either (Proficiency + Ability Modifier) or (Double Proficiency + Ability Modifier), the API script will crash and the imported creature will only partially import (might be missing random actions or traits for example). Also, if you're importing any monster with spells, double check and make sure all the spells actually imported. If not you'll have to use !shaped-import-spell -- spellname &nbsp;to fix it. What do you think of using three fields for proficiency? * Proficiency Bonus * Skill Proficiency Bonus * Combat Proficiency Bonus For compatibility if the last two are empty, the first one is used.

Edited 1517159490
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Skill calculations not being accurate to the standard system are quite rare. I would consider them to either be bad math or last minute changes by WotC. In almost all cases the miscalculation is off by 1. Personally, I don't use them due to the bad math - everything should follow the same system. See&nbsp; Math Errors in the MM . The script, however, does handle them by adding in skill bonuses. If you're experiencing otherwise then opening an issue on the tracker is the best method to resolve the issue. @Bruno: There is one proficiency bonus in 5e, not multiple. The math errors are the only cases that don't align.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: Skill bonuses are quite rare, and I would consider either bad math or last minute changes by WotC. In almost all cases it's off by 1. Personally I don't use them due to the bad math - everything should follow the same system. See&nbsp; Math Errors in the MM . That's a pretty impressive list of errors! Did you compile that?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: That's a pretty impressive list of errors! Did you compile that? Yes
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Kryx said: keithcurtis said: That's a pretty impressive list of errors! Did you compile that? Yes I am floored! Good work!
Another solution is to bring the value closer to the correct one in the import.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@Bruno: I think you have misunderstood. A monster imported via the script matches the original content, even if that original content calculates things (skills, saves, etc) incorrectly. There is nothing to fix here.
Kryx, The results of ammo recovery can only be seen by the DM. How can I enable the players to see how much ammo was recovered?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As specified on the other thread I need to understand the workflow as there are several ways to prompt ammo recovery. How is it being done?
Kryx said: As specified on the other thread I need to understand the workflow as there are several ways to prompt ammo recovery. How is it being done? At the end of combat the recovery ammo buttons come up for those characters that used arrows. Only DM can see buttons and the number of arrows recovered.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The button only reports to the user who clicks the button. Reading Lucian's code it looks like the user who uses the ammo should be able to see the button when the initiative tracker is closed. Perhaps check !shaped-config so that "Show ammo recovery buttons" is on?
I have a suggestion in regards to the way the shaped script creates macro buttons. Would it be possible to have it name them as they are named on the sheet if the language is different? The shaped sheet supports translation strings which let users translate it to other languages, but the shaped script seems to only handle english when it comes to naming stuff like Offense, Spells, Traits etc.. Another thing I have noticed is that when importing monsters from a database, proficiencies will not be imported if the destination's translation does not match. I have solved it by making copies for different languages but it would be for the best if the script was made more compatible with the translations.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you'd like for the script to work with translations please open an issue on the issue tracker. I can then look into it, though it may not be an easy implementation. Same for the database issue. Please open an issue and provide a detailed workflow.
Kryx said: Skill calculations not being accurate to the standard system are quite rare. I would consider them to either be bad math or last minute changes by WotC. In almost all cases the miscalculation is off by 1. Personally, I don't use them due to the bad math - everything should follow the same system. See&nbsp; Math Errors in the MM . The script, however, does handle them by adding in skill bonuses. If you're experiencing otherwise then opening an issue on the tracker is the best method to resolve the issue. @Bruno: There is one proficiency bonus in 5e, not multiple. The math errors are the only cases that don't align. Holy hell. I only noticed about 20% of that at most when I was going through the MM. You get quite the hat tip from me. Where does it add in skill bonuses? On the character sheet, all I see is a bubble that can be either none, proficient, or expertise. I assumed this was why the script crashed for me if the monster import had a skill bonus that didn't fit any of these options. bruno said: What do you think of using three fields for proficiency? * Proficiency Bonus * Skill Proficiency Bonus * Combat Proficiency Bonus For compatibility if the last two are empty, the first one is used. What&nbsp;could work is if I used checkboxes for proficient/expertise for the skills/saves and have the program automatically do the calculation for me to prevent user error. The reason I didn't do this initially was that I wasn't anticipating all the math errors until afterward. Depending on how much I have to move things around, I might change it later. It might be just as fast for the future to just double check before entering a number.
By the way, have you considered emailing that document to WotC Kryx? If I was them, I would definitely appreciate something like that for the purpose of making an errata release.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
On second examination I think I stole that sheet from someone else and possibly added to it. I'm sure I could find more if I ran my monster JSON data through a script to find some. Skill extraneous bonuses are parsed and added to the modifiers section. WotC doesn't seem to like to admit mistakes sometimes.&nbsp; <a href="https://twitter.com/jeremyecrawford/status/7740384" rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/jeremyecrawford/status/7740384</a>... and <a href="https://twitter.com/jeremyecrawford/status/5986849" rel="nofollow">https://twitter.com/jeremyecrawford/status/5986849</a>... for example dismiss the idea of these being math errors (which many of them clearly are).
Hey there! I imported several custom monsters that came with their own token actions. I then set up the shaped script (e.g. hp on drop ecc.) and everything works fine apart from the token actions themselves. Monster seem to keep their own and when used they display this kind of message: selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action Accordingly, the script do not generate default token actions (as specified in the config) for these monsters (even if I import them again). Any clues on how to solve it in bulk (for all monsters)? I forgot to mention that when using OGL 5e sheet their token actions work fine. Thanks
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Token actions refer to sheet actions. Sheet actions are not the same on OGL and Shaped - therefore token actions refering to OGL sheet actions will not work on Shaped sheets. You can use !shaped-config to setup which token actions appear by default and then !shaped-apply-defaults to setup default token actions. You can also use !shaped-abilities to manually create some.
I tried all the aforementioned solutions but token actions remain the same (OGL ones).&nbsp;
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The script doesn't remove existing token actions. If you have OGL ones you can try some of the other general scripts out there to modify tokens.