Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped Script] Version 11+

Kryx, I have noticed the per recharge (e.g. on 5-6) isn't rolling and recharging uses anymore on a turn switch. I've added it to your tracker, but I wanted to put it here too, in case other users have seen this issue or can provide troubleshooting.  vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv Create new sheet, e.g. Dragon. Link Sheet to Dragon token. Create new action that has limited uses (1/1) with (1) per use. e.g. Fire Breath Set recharge uses to Recharge 5-6 Pull another creature into map area, e.g. Hero. Hero and Dragon roll initiative, are on tracker. Dragon uses Fire Breath. API depletes use from sheet, showing (0/1) uses for Fire Breath. Dragon ends turn. Hero's turn comes. Hero ends turn. Dragon's turn comes. Expected result: GM prompt that ability has or has not recharged, and shows the d6 dice roll. Returned result: No prompt. No recharge of ability, nor readout of dice roll. API Output; "5eShapedScript 1518050162644 INFO : {\"name\":\"sheet_chat_output\",\"current\":\"\",\"max\":\"\",\"_id\":\"-L0cAR6h1SkJwjSVFuAG\",\"_type\":\"attribute\",\"_characterid\":\"-KyZEZAT6g4N7JqYrLtA\"}" Further turns display same result, and return above line in API Output. No other Recharge # setting appears to work. All recharge settings return above line. Other Script recharges and their prompts currently work without issue (e.g. short rest, long rest, arrow recovery) Using sheet v15.7.4 Using Script v11.5 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Adding an issue to the tracker is sufficient. Please don't post them here as well. Doomed2Fail said: I know this is a "me issue" I just can't find out what I am doing wrong. I keep getting the below error whenever I load my game or restart my sand box "5eShapedCompanion 1518064024704 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 15.7.4" "5eShapedCompanion 1518064024705 INFO : Configuration state: {\"version\":4.8,\<clipped for space> "5eShapedCompanion 1518064024711 ERROR : Invalid configuration!" any ideas? If you check your chat window you should have a message telling you to run a command to update your configuration.
I only put it here to see if other people reading this thread have had the same issue and could provide a simple "You're dumb, Fayne, change X setting." It's happened before where something very simple was in plain sight and I simply glazed over it. I'd hate to bug you with a tracker because of something trivial. Just trying to help. Anyway, thanks for the help Kryx, you've always been great. I'll buy you a beer on your contributions link
Kryx said: Adding an issue to the tracker is sufficient. Please don't post them here as well. Doomed2Fail said: I know this is a "me issue" I just can't find out what I am doing wrong. I keep getting the below error whenever I load my game or restart my sand box "5eShapedCompanion 1518064024704 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 15.7.4" "5eShapedCompanion 1518064024705 INFO : Configuration state: {\"version\":4.8,\<clipped for space> "5eShapedCompanion 1518064024711 ERROR : Invalid configuration!" any ideas? If you check your chat window you should have a message telling you to run a command to update your configuration. I see that, but I am prompted to refresh every time I load. Is this by design or am I missing something somewhere else?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've never seen a prompt come back after the config upgrade was ran. It's not by design.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This beta version should only be used for testing and can only be acquired on my feature branch 12.0.0-beta.1 BREAKING CHANGES Script updated to work with sheet version 16.0.0 for importing data config: Will not work with earlier versions of the Shaped Sheet Bug fixes #29: Trouble Importing Creature Skills
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
12.0.0-rc.1 Bug fixes #38: Spell Save DC Not calculating properly in !shaped-spells Script does not error when a weapon is dropped on an NPC sheet

Edited 1518327962
I have Curse of Strahd, WOTC Roll 20.  Had setup up the game and updated all the characters/monsters. Today updated with WOTC 1.3 update. Tokens seemed to update and some seemed to update when I opened them. Regardsless, even though the script is set for HP, Speed, AC, the tokens that I drag from the bar come out HP, AC, AC (NPC AC).  Even when I update the !shaped-Config for tokens, it does not work. When I update the characters with !shaped-update-character --all, I get an error. "Translation Error: the key [undefined] is not in the translation object." I have 15.7.4 sheet (auto) and 11.5 installed (manual, I tried auto when I logged in today, but was getting errors).  I am assuming that it was interacting improperly to data.js that I installed.  Suggestions without redoing everything?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As I understand, mixing One Click and Manual Install is a recipe for disaster. :(
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The scipt may only adjust the bars of tokens that don't already have bars sets - I'm unsure as I didn't write it. I believe there are other scripts out there that can modify token bars for all tokens. I know chatsetattr can modify sheets - maybe tokens as well?

Edited 1518365134
I tried using the Shaped script in (auto) and the Shaped Sheet 7.2.0  in (auto) and it gave me errors from my import for content .js.  I am assuming it was because of the version. The fix was to go back to a manual Shaped Script from Github
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The script via one click is over a year old - it should not be used.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Should the One Click version of the script be removed from the repository? Or is that not possible, since some people are still using it and this would break games that are in use?

Edited 1518369999
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Should the One Click version of the script be removed from the repository? Lucian and I suggested exactly that to Roll20, but they declined to do so.
Kryx said: keithcurtis said: Should the One Click version of the script be removed from the repository? Lucian and I suggested exactly that to Roll20, but they declined to do so. Can you not change the text to say "** DO NOT USE **" plus appropriate links?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'll likely just push the next script release to Roll20 so that one click will work.

Edited 1518592864
I've realized an error I've posted in the past only applies to "!shaped-monster" and not "!shaped-import-monster --" 5eShapedScript 1518591610366 ERROR : TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:7:250213\n at apiscript.js:7:236010\n at Array.map (native)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:7:235982)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:7:234765)\n at Command.value (apiscript.js:7:93429)\n at Object.processCommand (apiscript.js:7:94395)\n at apiscript.js:7:230557\n at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:146:1), :70:8) Has something changed in the API I should be aware of to access this functionality again? 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Reinstalling your script and any data files should remove that error. It's not related to the command run as far as I know.
Kryx said: Reinstalling your script and any data files should remove that error. It's not related to the command run as far as I know. Have done so about 3-4 times since the first time it came up months ago. Pretty weird. I think I even tried making a duplicate game last time, will try that again tonight. Oh well, guess some spooky code ghosts are haunting me.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
For me it often helps to delete the script entirely and recopy it from GitHub. That has always solved the issue for me. I'm unsure where the issue truly lies - likely some data isn't getting sent to Lucian's code somehow in these circumstances, but it's very difficult to track down the cause or how to prevent it.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Unexpected token error?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is the readme. You need to include the javascript file.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is the json file, not the JS file. Please follow the instructions in the first post of this thread.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
12.0.0 BREAKING CHANGES Script updated to work with sheet version 16.0.0 for importing data config: Will not work with earlier versions of the Shaped Sheet Bug fixes #29: Trouble Importing Creature Skills #38: Spell Save DC Not calculating properly in !shaped-spells Script does not error when a weapon is dropped on an NPC sheet
Kryx, Is 12.0.0 being submitted to the script library?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The script library hasn't been updated since version 7 or so I think. I may update it, but only after the 16.X.X sheet goes live.
Kryx said: The script library hasn't been updated since version 7 or so I think. I may update it, but only after the 16.X.X sheet goes live. Is there an ETA on when 16.X.X will go live?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Same as always: when it's done and tested enough in a real game to meet production level quality. As a pro user you can choose to upgrade any time you like.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
13.0.0 Breaking Changes Script updated to expend spell slots as version 17 of the sheet does. Features !shaped-config cleaned up to match the new UI of the settings page as of version 17 of the sheet.
very cool thank you
Kyrx or anyone else that may have run into this issue or now how to fix it.  I have been running my own built add-on APIs to Shaped API for a while now with more spells and archetypes.  Everything has been working fine but for some reason my latest one keeps giving me a possible infinite loop detected issue. I can disable the new API and everything works normal.  I placed the API on my own little test game and it works fine on there but not in the campaign.  I do have sheet 17.0.2 and script 13.0.0 loaded on both campaigns. I even took the new API and added it to one of my other ones in case you can only have a max number of APIs enabled and still gives me the infinite loop detected.  Any ideas on what could be causing the issue since it works on one campaign and not the other with the same sheet and script? Is it possible it is having a conflict with another API? Sorry Kyrx if this shouldn't of been posted here but since I was having an API problem thought it was best place for help.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Infinite loop message via API? I've generally removed all scripts (Deleted them) and then re-added them from github. That has solved the issue for me in the past.
I think the new API I wrote is conflicting with one of my other ones because I got it to work if I disable this other one and runs with all my other ones. These APIs are just spell add-ons so real no coding to them just followed your format for spells.  Not sure why these specific 2 add-on APIs would conflict to cause this error. I'll try deleting them and re-adding to see if it clears.
I'm still running into the infinite loop after deleting all APIs and re-adding between just the 2.  I can't see in the code what would cause it.  Might I be able to send them both to you for a second pair of eyes? I know your a busy person.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Upload both to GitHub gist and then email me them: <a href="mailto:mlenser@gmail.com" rel="nofollow">mlenser@gmail.com</a> and I can take a look
How do you do github?&nbsp; I only go on there to get the files for your sheets and the starfinder sheets.&nbsp; Do I need to make my own page and account? or can I just email you the files directly?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Please upload them to some system that stores code. GitHub has "gist" which does this, but there are other sites that do it too if you don't want to create an account. Emailing the code directly will be very difficult for me to read.
okay so I created an account on github and I am so lost on there.&nbsp; I used notepad++ to write the js code so that won't work for you?&nbsp; I can't find a spot to just upload a file on github.
Copy the code here&nbsp;<a href="https://gist.github.com/" rel="nofollow">https://gist.github.com/</a>, and then send Kryx a url to that gist.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
13.0.1 Bug Fixes #41: !shaped-config error
I just installed the latest version of this script into a new game, when I tried to import a creature it says the import was successful but all the creatures actions and abilities are missing.&nbsp; Here is a link to what it looks like&nbsp; Weeping Angel .&nbsp; Below is what I put in the GM notes of the token, what am I doing wrong? WEEPING ANGEL Medium Aberration, Neutral Evil Armor Class 16 (Natural Armour) Hit Points 68 (9d8 + 27) Speed 0ft STR 18 (+4) DEX 16 (+3) CON 16 (+3) INT 14 (+2) WIS 16 (+3) CHA 7 (-2) Skills Stealth +6, Perception +6 Damage Resistance Necrotic, Bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from non magical attacks not made with adamantine weapons Damage Immunities: Poison Condition Immunities Exhausted, Petrified, Poisoned Senses Superior Darkvision 120ft., Passive Perception 16 Languages. Temporal Challenge 4 (1,100xp) False Appearance. While the Weeping Angel remains motionless it is indistinguishable from an inanimate statue. Temporal Restrictions. While being directly observed the Weeping Angels revert to their stone form and are considered to be petrified, with the exceptions that their damage resistances stay the same as what is listed in their stat block, and they are still acutely aware of their surroundings. Temporal Manipulators. While not being directly observed the Weeping Angels gain a movement speed of 80ft. and the Temporal Lock ability. Blink Pulse. At the start of the Weeping Angels turn all creatures currently observing the Weeping Angel must make a DC 15 Wisdom Saving throw or blink involuntarily. If this pulse causes all creatures currently observing the Angel to blink then the Angel is freed from its Temporal Restrictions and gains the benefits from its Temporal Manipulation until the end of its current turn. ACTIONS. Temporal lock. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5ft., One target. Hit 9 (2d6+3) Slashing Damage. If the target is a creature it must succeed on a DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be petrified for 1d4 rounds. While petrified the target ages a number of years equal to the number of rounds they were petrified. They also take 1d6 Psychic damage for every year they aged, on their return to normal form.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
13.0.2 Bug Fixes #32: Selecting Challenge Rating for !shaped-monsters return incorrect results If someone can test that 13.0.2 does fix that issue and doesn't break other functionality I'd appreciate it. It required a decent amount of change so hopefully nothing is broken.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
BigTex, only the latest version of the sheet and script are supported. Please ensure you have the very latest sheet and script installed. If things still do not work then please use the issue tracker, providing steps to reproduce.
Kryx, I do have the latest version of the 5e Shaped character sheet (15.7.4).&nbsp; I also had the latest version of the Shaped Companion script (13.0.1).&nbsp; I just added the 13.0.2 then tried again but it still does the same thing.&nbsp; I'll post in the issue tracker.

Edited 1520785301
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're using the script you're expected to have the latest version from github of both the sheet and script. The sheet is on version 17.0.3. There have been major breaking changes to both the sheet and script so that is likely what is causing the main issue. It also looks like you need to clean up your format - it should match the MM format. I see a colon on&nbsp;Damage Immunities for example.
Kryx, I got the new sheet from github but still does the same thing.&nbsp; I also cleaned it up to make it look like the MM.