Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped Script] Version 11+

Edited 1521414178
Hey I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong as I'm new to using the API, but I'm getting this error despite using the latest Shaped Sheet.

Edited 1521422702
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Are you using the latest script version from my github? (Linked in the OP of this thread) Also make sure you install the sheet and then save the script afterwards. Order matters.
When using !shaped-spells, is anyone else noticing the Cantrips go missing when you hit 0?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
#45: Cantrip filter in !shaped-spells not working
Okay now despite using the latest sheet and script from Github I'm getting this.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you check the chat in game you'll see a message
Right, I was middle-clicking the purple upgrade button thinking it would take me to a github page. Thanks for your help!
I wonder if someone can point me how to fix this. Every time I join my game, I get this, Shaped Scripts Error 5e Shaped Companion configuration is invalid. This is most likely because you have tried to downgrade from a later version. You can either reinstall a later version or Reset Configuration to defaults. I click the Reset Config every time. Got to be a couple months, same error message when I rejoin at a later day. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you using the latest github version for sheet and script, or are you using the one-click install for either? They should both be Github if possible.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
13.0.3 Bug fixes #47: Warlock Slots not Utilized Automatically
Hey Kryx, Just discovered your character sheet, and i must say it's pretty awesome. Great work. Any chance you'd ever consider adding an option for skills to work with ranks instead of with a character's proficiency bonus as a homebrew setting? I like alot of the streamlining that 5e brings to the table, but I'd love to have an option to make a character's skillset a bit more varied than the official system allows, while still using your sheet. 
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Matthew, This thread is for the script attached to the sheet. I've  replied to your question on the Shaped sheet thread .

Edited 1522975268
I'm having some trouble with the importer using custom JS data files, can someone who is willing to help shoot me a PM?
without getting into potential specifics of your json data. What is the error(s) you are receiving? and have you validated the data?

Edited 1523223124
Welp, months later, tried making a fresh new campaign (transmogging everything over) and figured out the bug that caused this error message was because of monsters a friend of mine imported from a WotC module (Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan). Deleting all those monsters from my game lets me use "!shaped-monsters" again. Figured I'd post in case it's helpful at all, Kryx. "5eShapedScript 1523221700651 ERROR : TypeError: Cannot read property 'id' of undefined\n at apiscript.js:7:253067\n at apiscript.js:7:238866\n at Array.map (native)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:7:238838)\n at EntityLister.value (apiscript.js:7:237506)\n at Command.value (apiscript.js:7:93265)\n at Object.processCommand (apiscript.js:7:94231)\n at apiscript.js:7:233243\n at eval (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), :65:16)\n at Object.publish (eval at (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), :70:8)" [edit] Wait, I lied. It is true that having monsters from the module makes that error occur even if I don't have a data.js script enabled. However, having a data.js script (with a lot of content) enabled causes the same exact error. If I disable my data.js script, then "!shaped-monsters" lets me import using the monsters I have from the Monster Manual and Volo's Guide through Roll20. This seems like some interaction between purchased Roll20 content and the tables of data put in a data.js script?
Modnar Wylde said: without getting into potential specifics of your json data. What is the error(s) you are receiving? and have you validated the data?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The format is listed in the script (all SRD data is included). I think it's on a wiki somewhere as well. Beyond that it's up to you to provide the data. Google can possibly help, but we can't violate copyright.
So i'm having some issues with copying the code from github. Whenever i copy it i only get parts of it, now im aware that the code can break up when you copy it so i have tried a few things. I have used the following browsers: Chrome, Brave, Firefox, Explorer, Palemoon. I have tried to download the script, view it as raw, view it in the source code, view it on the source code on the website. I have copied it into the following txt programs: Notepad, Notepad++, Office, openoffice, foxit and a few more. And then from these into roll20 (nothing works) I have copied it almost line by line from the sources above (still dont work). I'm going abit insane X_X
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Do you have other scripts active, and have you tried running the Shaped Script in isolation? It could be something as simple as having a homebrew script that fails to end with a semicolon. Or have you verified that you are indeed only getting part of the script when you copy and paste?

Edited 1523644412
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Use select all from the  raw text of 5eShapedScript.js to grab the whole script. Select all in the API window and then paste.
Keithcurtis: There are no other scripts running, if i copy it into a text document i get everything from the script. Its only when i copy it into the API window. Kryx: I have tried, it dont work for me. When i place it into the API window only parts of it get copied over. If i copy it into a text document (or anything that you can type in) then it gets everything.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're selecting it all and then pasting then it is all there. What is likely occuring is you're seeing it represented on one line instead of thousands. Is there some issue that you're encountering once it's all copied?
Well in the last few days i have had a error (can't remember what it said) but now when i copied it over it just works without issue? Either case thanks for the help, no idea why it works now.

Edited 1524071399
Copying pertinent information from the shaped sheet thread. So something that I am noticing with the sheet lately, running latest version of both the sheet and script (17.1.0 and 13.03 respectively). When I do !shaped-apply-defaults I get at least 15 errors in the API stating "Translation Error: the key [undefined] is not in the translation object.". This applies to any and all characters in the game. I also occasionally get one translation error when importing Monsters from both Monster Manual and Tome Of Beasts. I have the up to date translations, CSS, and HTML information for the shaped sheet in the game and it only does this when doing the above command. Edit: created an issue in the issue tracker for it.

Edited 1524071695
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As stated on that thread you need the latest translations. Those errors should be your indication that you do not have the latest translations. Not having the latest translations will cause many issues. There is no issue on the script tracker.
My bad with the issue tracker I forgot to hit submit on it. As far as I am aware I do have the most up to date translations as I pull them from github and the one listed as the most up to date one for English is 17.03 is there a more current version that I am not aware of?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
13.1.0 Features Support the sheet roll template changes Support custom spell point costs when expending points Add config option to change the name of spell points on new characters.
Getting this error when I try to save the script:
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Roll20's API system can be very finnicky. Remove the script and then copy my script from github to a new script. That always solves the issue for me.
Kryx said: Roll20's API system can be very finnicky. Remove the script and then copy my script from github to a new script. That always solves the issue for me. That worked, will I need to reconfigure?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Arthur B. said: That worked, will I need to reconfigure? No, the config is stored elsewhere and is not cleared when removing the script from the API.

Edited 1525289957
Kim
Plus
Hi, newbie here so apologies if this is a problem on my end, didn't find answers googling. I have the latest versions of the sheet and the companion script. Trying to get the automatic expending of spell slots to work. The character sheet has 2 lvl 1 spell slots, but when attempting to cast a lvl 1 spell the slots police informs me that there are not enough spell slots. Same with any level of spell slot. If I manually turn the slot blips red and press the long rest button, it resets the blips but the text box informs me that 0 spell slots were recovered. Been looking at the options but can't find anything. Any advice on how to proceed? Thank you for your time.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
On the character sheet, there is a checkbox in settings for spells to have the API automatically expend slots. Do you have that checked?  I believe there is a way to turn that on for all character sheets in the Shaped Script Configuration menu.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Squirrel, Please report all issues on the appropriate issue tracker. Please use a new issue report for each issue encountered. See the OP of this thread for the script issue tracker link. There you will find instructions for reporting issues.
Hello Aaron, yes I do have that checked. Thank you Kryx.
Like Mike T's issue above last month, I am getting a similar message: But I don't see any message in the chat window when I open the game. Am I missing something?
Run !shaped-config and it should come up with the Update prompt
Thanks.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're using the script, only the latest version of the sheet and script are supported. Please always upgrade before raising issues and always open issues on the issue tracker.

Edited 1526783924
Getting the following when trying to import a new monster via statblock text OR SRD/custom database while using 18.1.5
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi bewby, If you are having a problem with the script, the best course is to open an issue on the issue tracker. Instructions are in the first post of the thread . Be sure to note which version of the script and sheet you are using. They should be the latest version of each before reporting a problem.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Return of the Prodigal Scripter! And he's back! After many months of absence I've finally found some time to help out with the script again. Here for your rolling pleasure is version 13.2.0 : Bug fixes: Fix broken behaviour with CR filtering for !shaped-monsters Fix broken cantrip filtering for !shaped-spells Fix #52 - API-killing error on death saves Fix #33 - Legendary actions not taking account of cost properly Fix #37 - Turn recharges now work properly Fix #54 - Monsters with apostrophes no longer break listing Fix #56 - Heal spells with extra dice at higher levels now import correctly Please also note that there's a Roll20 bug we have discovered that may affect you: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6461444/api-she" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6461444/api-she</a>... The particular situation where I noticed this is that if you have an equipment item with uses, and you click on it, its weight immediately gets set to 0. This is because the sheetworker scripts aren't able to read the default value of the "carried" checkbox correctly. The workaround for the time being is to check and uncheck the "carried" checkbox for all equipment items&nbsp; that you want to click on and have the uses decremented. It's quite possible that there are other bugs related to this that we haven't found yet; as always, report anything you find on the tracker and we'll take a look at it. Before anyone gets too excited, I've still got a lot on my plate, so don't expect any major feature additions to the script. I'll try and keep on top of any bugs that come up though. Cheers,
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nice to have you back! Thanks!
Nice to have you back Lucian, and thank you immensly for squashing all those bugs!
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Well, I figured it wouldn't be a proper return to form if my release in ages wasn't broken in some way! If you've updated to 13.2.0 please install 13.3.0 because it fixes a serious issue with the monster listing functionality. Sorry! 13.3.0 Features Support "pcOnly" option for token bar, aura and name visibility Bug fixes Fix #58 - fractional CRs should still work correctly for monster lister Fix uses manager to report exhausted uses properly Fix #46 - innate spellcasting spells no longer duplicated
Lucian said: Well, I figured it wouldn't be a proper return to form if my release in ages wasn't broken in some way! If you've updated to 13.2.0 please install 13.3.0 because it fixes a serious issue with the monster listing functionality. Sorry! 13.3.0 Features Support "pcOnly" option for token bar, aura and name visibility Bug fixes Fix #58 - fractional CRs should still work correctly for monster lister Fix uses manager to report exhausted uses properly Fix #46 - innate spellcasting spells no longer duplicated You are the man Lucian! 1. That feature is going to be awesome! 2. I am completely overjoyed you fixed #46. You are a godsend right now!

Edited 1528473710
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ah, I wish I had know you were going to work on that. I would have thrown in PC-only "Public for All to Hear" and NPC "Whispered to GM" options. :) EDIT: nvm. Thats a sheet setting, not a default token setting.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Ah, I wish I had know you were going to work on that. I would have thrown in PC-only "Public for All to Hear" and NPC "Whispered to GM" options. :) EDIT: nvm. Thats a sheet setting, not a default token setting. Yeah, that's a bit more fiddly to do because the character settings are just copied over to the sheet without processing, so I'd have put a bunch of extra logic in to handle such "conditional" values.&nbsp; I tend to do most of my NPC rolls public but I also have a macro button as follows: /w gm Output option: @{selected|output_option} /w gm [Whisper](!setattr --silent --sel --output_option|/w GM) /w gm [Public](!setattr --silent --sel --output_option|)