Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped Script] Version 11+

Edited 1546894947
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ben L. said: I already did that. However, there are no spell slot circles for those 2nd level spells. The slots police complain that there aren't enough spell slots/points. If you use points there are no slots. Slots Police will compain if you dont have points or slots. As long as you have one to expend then it won't.
keithcurtis said: I would suggest looking into  Creating and Linking Character Abilities  on the Sheet Wiki. The solution for Battlemaster Superiority Dice might be adaptable. Also remember that spells can be set to have Uses instead of Slots on a case-by-case basis. This is actually a problem for the sheet to solve, not the script. The problem with using the superiority dice method - which is similar to what I was trying to do already - is that it will only use one ki point, where those spells require 2. That's why getting the spell points to work is the best option. Well, or I could just live with bending the rules... As for setting "uses" on the spells, that doesn't work because they wouldn't be using a "pool" of points between them. That's even further from the rules than using 1 ki each. Yes, it's definitely a problem for the sheet to solve. I'm moderately sure I could eventually find a way to modify the sheet to do this correctly, but it should honestly be already built-in.
Kryx said: Ben L. said: I already did that. However, there are no spell slot circles for those 2nd level spells. The slots police complain that there aren't enough spell slots/points. If you use points there are no slots. Slots Police will compain if you dont have points or slots. As long as you have one to expend then it won't. So is there a setting that I need to change? The character's ki (in the class features list) is topped off at 3. I enabled spells and added them to the list. When I try to use one it says there aren't enough slots/points. I realize it probably will ignore the ki in the class features after I enabled the spells, but I don't see anywhere I can change or add anything else to make it use points of any kind.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It works out of the box without issue. See "Monk" on my test campaign . Click Fireball and it'll deduct 5 ki.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It will not read ki from class features - ki should be used as a different name for spell points.
Kryx said: It works out of the box without issue. See "Monk" on my test campaign . Click Fireball and it'll deduct 5 ki. I realized I'm still using sheet v 19.1.3 even though I doubt if that should make a difference. Still, I copied my game and updated the sheet to 19.3.0. No change. So I created a new character, made it a 3rd level monk and then turned on spells. Nothing. I made a third character and turned on spells first (like it looks like you did in your test campaign) and still nothing. Then I added the latest Shaped Script, updated, and tried the whole process over. I don't know what else to try, but you are definitely working out of a completely different box than I am.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compare your sheet to the sheet on the test campiagn. Set up your sheet like that sheet. 
Kryx said: Compare your sheet to the sheet on the test campiagn. Set up your sheet like that sheet.  That character is completely blank aside from the spells. No attributes, class, or anything. So my new character where I turn on spells is the same. If you did something else to it, I don't see it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Besides turning on "spells" did you turn on "points"? and then fill in the current and maximum values? A screen shot of that portion of your sheet would help.
keithcurtis said: Besides turning on "spells" did you turn on "points"? and then fill in the current and maximum values? A screen shot of that portion of your sheet would help. I just realized that. I didn't notice the tiny little "points" button in there before. It's all good now!

Edited 1550882543
Haven't touched Roll20 in a while. Came back, trying to update Shaped Script and my monster/spell data and finding that the script returns: > Content Groups Loaded: > SRD > UAArtificer And it seems none of my data is loaded no matter what I name it. It seems to be setup correctly according to the guide regarding the .js files for this. Is there something I'm supposed to do to initialize external data into these "Content Groups"? Turns out my Script file was set to "disabled" after I added it. Might have misclicked or something? Weird. Working! Haha.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Everin said: Haven't touched Roll20 in a while. Came back, trying to update Shaped Script and my monster/spell data and finding that the script returns: > Content Groups Loaded: > SRD > UAArtificer And it seems none of my data is loaded no matter what I name it. It seems to be setup correctly according to the guide regarding the .js files for this. Is there something I'm supposed to do to initialize external data into these "Content Groups"? I'm guessing that you've been away for a while! The format for external JSON has changed somewhat - if you're not seeing any errors I'm guessing your data is really old. I'm afraid you're probably going to have to update it. Could you DM me a sample of what your custom data looks like and I'll see if I can make any suggestions for updating it?
I know this is a very new addition to the platform, but something odd is up with the new Creature Codex and the Shaped Sheet. I don't know if they've done something new with the formatting, or if the sheet needs to update, but when dragging from Compendium, it only fills out basic stats, but not any abilities, spells, actions, etc.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That would be an issue with the sheet, not the script. The thing to do is to go to the issue tracker (not the thread, which is about getting help), and describe the problem while giving reproduction steps. Bugs reported in the thread will be  ignored by Kryx. FWIW, I just tried this myself and was able to duplicate the bug you describe.

Edited 1551425846
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Kasper N. said: I know this is a very new addition to the platform, but something odd is up with the new Creature Codex and the Shaped Sheet. I don't know if they've done something new with the formatting, or if the sheet needs to update, but when dragging from Compendium, it only fills out basic stats, but not any abilities, spells, actions, etc. EDIT: Ninja-ed by Keith! Hi Kasper, This will be a problem with the sheet rather than the script - you should file a bug report here: <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues?status=new&amp;status=open" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues?status=new&amp;status=open</a> Lucian

Edited 1553304518
I have found an incredibly dumb bug. Prequisite: have the newest versions of the shaped sheet and script Do the following: 1. Create a new character sheet 2. make it a rogue of lvl 11 or higher 3. give him an ability score modifier in an ability which is not +0 4. give him expertise in a skill associated with the ability modifier that was changed 5. take a token and associate it with the character sheet 6. use !shaped-abilities --abilityChecksQuery 7. check the abilities macro of the token you can also create the token first then do all the other steps Result: your abilities will only show up to that skills position in the skill list. For example if you chose dex and acrobatics, only the standard ability checks and acrobatics will be shown, not any other skill. It is not even dependent alphabetically but on the position in the list. The strangest thing is that this only occurs with the rogue and not any other class. I initially thought it had to do with expertise but bard doesnt have this bug. I think it has something to do with getting skill incerases from 3 sources but the other classes dont have this bug. Edit: its actually level 11+ not 5+ Edit: i finally found th reason for this bug its "reliable talent" activate it on any character no matter the level, class or skills and it will lead to this bug
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You should post that to the Shaped Script issue tracker .

Edited 1554444607
Hey guys! Great work and I'm pretty new to all this but picking it up fairly fast. I have the most recent version of the Shaped Sheet, as well as the newest version of 5eShapedScript but I keep getting&nbsp; Spinning up new sandbox... "Starting webworker script..." "Loading 1022 translation strings to worker..." "5eShapedScript 1554444316075 WARN : Unrecognised entity type equipment" "5eShapedScript 1554444316312 INFO : -=&gt; ShapedScript v13.9.0 &lt;=-" "5eShapedScript 1554444317553 INFO : Detected sheet version as : 19.3.1" "5eShapedScript 1554444317555 INFO : Starting configuration state: {\"version\":5.3,\"config\":{\"genderPronouns\"etc etc&nbsp; Am I doing something wrong? Is everything working fine? The WARN seems out of place, but it's a brand new campaign- not sure what entity it could be. I do have some game addon content installed like Roll20's Pro Map Pack- but it doesn't seem likely.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The warning should have no impact.
You rule @Kryx! One other question- do you have a complete list of what API script are compatible with ShapedSheet or ShapedScript? I wanted to download some API scripts from the library like TokenMod or TokenCollision and such but it says it has dependencies. I'm assuming that it conflicts with Shaped because Shaped does a lot of that stuff anyway, and I didn't want to break it by downloading any. I also don't have any scripts donwloaded rn except for ShapedScript and namegen. Even ones you use in your own game alongside Shaped would be really helpful, maybe like PageFX or DynamicLighting stuff like Torch or Walls?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There are very few if any script conflicts. That warning is mostly letting you know that the script in question needs one of the helper utility scripts like Path Math. I use the shaped script along with token-mod (amazing possibilities there) and many, many more.
Thanks so much Keith! Really makes me feel a lot more confident in copying the game over and then trying out new scripts. Would you be able to give me a list of some of the scripts you use in addition to the Shaped sheet to give me an idea about how it should be done?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To be honest, the script itself has a fantastic menu for config, spell choosing, token setup and more. Beyond that, you can build a wealth of macro tools with token mod, and ChatSetAttr. The former lets you change just about any token setting, the latter lets you set just about any character sheet entry. I'd suggest looking through the API forum for titles like "Best scripts for beginners" or "Reccomended scripts". There are several where people link or describe their favorite scripts and uses. Also, look through the Stupid Tricks thread for all kinds of innovative ideas. Although not specifically directed toward API use, a lot of the tricks can benefit from scripting. At the end of the index in the top post, there are a number of links to threads that I've created that are API and often Shaped specific. Finally, read through the documentation on the Shaped Sheet . It's excellent, and will detail how to automate a lot of common things like Hunters Mark, Divine Smites, or Sneak Attack.
Great, will do!

Edited 1555274334
Discovered two weeks ago, and it still seems to be the case, that if I have the script enabled now, new monsters I'm importing and placing as tokens are being treated as the same creature for the sake of tracking HP and other things on their sheet. If I disable the script, this stops happening, so it seems script-related and not sheet-related? Every monster sheet I import from data now lags indefinitely on the "processing SRD data" screen and I have to cancel out of it, but I don't know if that's related (again, the HP-sharing issue only happens with the script enabled). Any new features I'm unaware of that might be doing this? Using the sheet's HP value on the token. I guess I can just unlink them for now at my player's suggestion. He said on OGL, there are two different HP values, one used for tracking like this and one used for the sheet. Shaped doesn't seem to work that way.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
In general, the way to link is to use the NPC token's values for HP current and max, but the Sheet's values for filling in the initial numbers. PC tokens link directly to the sheet. You can set that behavior in the config settings with the script, using !shaped and choosing config .&nbsp; More general token linking information here , or watch the video here .
I didn't see this in the issue tracker. Is anyone else having this problem? Whenever I try and import a spell, I get the following error: "Translation Error: the key [undefined] is not in the translation object." It wasn't doing this two weeks ago, the last time we played and I hadn't updated anything. I did update today to see if that would fix the issue, but it did not. Cantrips import just fine, just not leveled spells. I don't know if this is an issue with the Shaped-Script or the Character Sheet interacting with Roll20.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Steel, Nothing has changed on the script or sheet. If you open an issue on the issue tracker with reproduction steps Lucian may have time to look at it.
keithcurtis said: In general, the way to link is to use the NPC token's values for HP current and max, but the Sheet's values for filling in the initial numbers. PC tokens link directly to the sheet. You can set that behavior in the config settings with the script, using !shaped and choosing config .&nbsp; More general token linking information here , or watch the video here . Hm, that makes sense, but I swear previously I had been doing what I described and it worked successfully. It also allowed Shaped Script to automatically roll their HP values based on their hit dice when I deployed them, giving them each a different HP value. Maybe something got reset in the config I had previously setup. I'll spend some time perusing those options again I suppose.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Everin said: Hm, that makes sense, but I swear previously I had been doing what I described and it worked successfully. It also allowed Shaped Script to automatically roll their HP values based on their hit dice when I deployed them, giving them each a different HP value. Maybe something got reset in the config I had previously setup. I'll spend some time perusing those options again I suppose. The roll HP on drop is indeed a config setting.
Kasper N. said: I know this is a very new addition to the platform, but something odd is up with the new Creature Codex and the Shaped Sheet. I don't know if they've done something new with the formatting, or if the sheet needs to update, but when dragging from Compendium, it only fills out basic stats, but not any abilities, spells, actions, etc. I am also having a problem with the sheet not properly importing monsters from the Creature Codex.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That is not a script issue. See&nbsp; <a href="https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/788/support-roll20s-new-monster-format" rel="nofollow">https://bitbucket.org/mlenser/5eshaped/issues/788/support-roll20s-new-monster-format</a> Roll20 is making more and more breaking changes to their API without informing me or other developers of the details. TBH if you need the very latest then the OGL sheet is a better fit based on how Roll20 has chosen to move forward.
I can not for the life of me figure out how to use&nbsp; !shaped-import-statblock. Here's an example statblock below I can't get to work at all. No errors though it does not generate with the right armor class, no hit points, no skills, Senses, or actions. Kaa the Majestic Gargantuan beast, unaligned Armor Class 15 (natural armor) Hit Points 149 (13d20 + 13) Speed 30 ft., swim 30 ft., climb 30 ft. STR 24 (+7) DEX 18 (+4) CON 12 (+1) INT 16 (+3) WIS 16 (+3) CHA 20 (+5) Saving Throws Str +10, Int +6, Wis +6 Skills Deception +8, Perception +6, Persuasion +8, Stealth +7 Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks Condition Immunities charmed Senses blindsight 10 ft., passive Perception 16 Languages Common Challenge 8 (3,900 XP) Captivating Presence. Any creature that starts its turn within 30 feet of Kaa must make a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, the creature becomes charmed by Kaa for 1 minute. They can repeat the saving throw at the end of their turn or when they take damage. On a successful save, the creature becomes immune to Kaa's Captivating Presence for 24 hours. Legendary Resistance (3/Day). If Kaa fails a saving throw, they can choose to succeed instead. Magic Resistance. Kaa has advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects. Regeneration. Kaa regains 10 hit points at the start of their turn. If they take cold damage, this trait doesn’t function at the start of their next turn. Kaa dies only if they start their turn with 0 hit points and don't regenerate. Actions Multiattack. Kaa makes two attacks: one with their bite and one with their tail. They can't make both attacks against the same target. Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 15 ft., one creature. Hit: 16 (2d8 + 7) piercing damage. Tail. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 20 ft. one target. Hit: 20 (3d8 + 7) bludgeoning damage. Constrict. Melee Weapon Attack: +10 to hit, reach 10 ft., one creature. Hit: 18 (2d10 + 7) bludgeoning damage, and the target is grappled (escape DC 18). Until this grapple ends, the creature is restrained, and Kaa can't constrict another target. Swallow. Kaa makes one bite attack against a Large or smaller creature they are grappling. If the attack hits, the target takes the bite's damage, the target is swallowed, and the grapple ends. While swallowed, the creature is blinded and restrained, it has total cover against attacks and other effects outside of Kaa, and it takes 28 (8d6) acid damage at the start of each of Kaa's turns. If Kaa takes 30 damage or more on a single turn from a creature inside it, Kaa must succeed on a DC 20 Constitution saving throw at the end of that turn or regurgitate all swallowed creatures, which fall prone in a space within 10 feet of Kaa. If Kaa dies, a swallowed creature is no longer restrained by it and can escape from the corpse by using 30 feet of movement, exiting prone. Charm. Kaa targets one humanoid they can see within 30 feet of them. If the target can see Kaa, the target must succeed on a DC 16 Wisdom saving throw against this magic or be charmed by them. The charmed target regards Kaa as a trusted friend to be heeded and protected. Although the target isn't under Kaa's control, it takes their requests or actions in the most favorable way it can, and doesn't resist Kaa's attacks. Each time Kaa or Kaa's companions do anything harmful to the target, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success. Otherwise, the effect lasts 24 hours or until Kaa is destroyed, is on a different plane of existence than the target, or takes a bonus action to end the effect. Reactions Protective Thrall. When Kaa is hit by an attack, one creature within 5 feet of Kaa that is charmed by them must use its reaction to be hit by the attack instead. Legendary Actions Kaa can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. Kaa regains spent legendary actions at the start of their turn. Attack. Kaa makes one bite attack or one tail attack. Exert Will. One creature charmed by Kaa that they can see must use its reaction to move up to its speed as they direct or to make a weapon attack against a target that they designate. Charm (Costs 2 Actions). Kaa uses Charm.
Lucian
Pro
API Scripter
Hey Robert, Sorry, the error messages for this aren't as helpful as they might be. Please make sure that you are running the latest version of both script and sheet from Github and then try pasting your statblock via a plain text editor like notepad (insert into notepad, copy it back out again and then paste it into the GM Notes field of your token/character) Your problem is caused by the slightly unpredictable behaviour of the Roll20 text editor in regards to linebreaks. I think they may just have changed this again recently, but I don't have time right now to introduce more detection/compensation code to handle whatever changes they've made. Pasting via a text editor fixed your problem for me, so hopefully it will get you up and running. Otherwise there's nothing wrong with your statblock. Cheers,
Hiya, hope this is the newest version thread.. I can no longer get !shaped-monster --NAME to work. It doesnt add alot of stuff to the NPC sheet. This is all it adds, no matter which monster i try to add.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I can't reproduce this issue:&nbsp; You're on version 19.3.0. Please upgrade to 19.4.0 to ensure that isn't the problem.