Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

WebRTC Update Official Feedback Thread

Edited 1551727290
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Greetings! Today we pushed an update with some improvements to WebRTC, the way we enable voice and video communication. This is primarily a backend stability update-- meaning the Roll20 interface may not look different, but we're improving our voice and video service and streamlining how video and voice data is transmitted between players. However, you will notice we've improved our voice and video "whispering" functionality significantly. How It Works From inside the game, make sure you are using "Roll20 WebRTC" for the Chat Tech in your player settings. Also make sure you are broadcasting and receiving at least audio, or both audio and video. Finally, in order for whispering to work, you will need to have the player avatars showing; make sure the player avatar size is set to something other than "Name Only."  Here's an example screen shot: As players join the game, they will automatically connect to the other players. If your game is large, there might be a little bit of a lag while the players join and the game loads for them before you can see and hear each other. Only the GM can start or end a whisper with a player. To start a whisper or add someone to a current whisper, hover over their avatar and click the whisper icon in the upper right corner of their avatar. When the player is added to your whisper, the whisper icon will turn pink (that part is new!) Additionally, the avatars/video for all the other players in the game will fade out and the other players will be muted. Notes: The GM can add more than one player to an active whisper.  To remove someone from an active whisper, click the pink whisper icon. To end a whisper entirely, click each player's whisper icon. Development Roadmap This represents a fairly significant update to the stability of WebRTC. After this release cycle, we hope to only have outside code library updates to voice and video on our foreseeable roadmap. Known Issues (Updated Mar 4) If you have a game with a lot of players (more than 10), it's likely that WebRTC will start to have connection issues. If this happens, please let us know in this thread. As with all things related to WebRTC, your local network does have an impact on whether you can connect and maintain the connection. The individual volume slider isn't working terribly well; a future update will improve this. The server load is very high, even after implementing this hotfix. While the performance should be better this weekend than last weekend, we are aware it won't be great and your video/voice connections may drop during your game. We will be able to add another server next week to handle the load.  The server capacity was doubled last week, then doubled again before this past weekend when it was clear it was still not sufficient. At peak hours, it only hit about 60% load, which is within acceptable limits. (Updated March 4, 2019)
What constitutes a "large game"? Is it the overall asset storage size or some other factor? Also, I noticed shortly after this hotfix that the Call of Cthulhu: 7th Edition character sheets have some layout anomalies now. Not sure if it's related?
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Jeremy Podcasts  said: What constitutes a "large game"? Is it the overall asset storage size or some other factor? Also, I noticed shortly after this hotfix that the Call of Cthulhu: 7th Edition character sheets have some layout anomalies now. Not sure if it's related? A "large game" is usually the overall size of all the assets involved (character sheets and their complexity, handouts, pages, images, etc.), but for WebRTC, we're talking about the number of participants in the game. If you have more than about 10 players, it's likely you'll experience connection issues. The WebRTC release this morning would not have impacted the CoC7 character sheet. However, the sheet had an update on Wednesday which might have caused that to happen. Since that's a community-created sheet, you will likely get more attention for the issue if you post a top-level thread in the Character Sheets forum.

Edited 1550904564
Jeremy, my group noticed some changes to the CoC 7th character sheets during our session tonight. It looks like the creator has improved functionality and added some options to the sheet. Although there are some anomalies, the new features seem to function properly (hit location roll, insanity table rolls, etc.). Perhaps a few bugs in the sheet itself are yet to be worked out.
Hi Stephanie! Great to see you here! We are having some kind of problem where there is no WebRTC option in the settings. There are no options for AV at all in fact. Any idea why this might be the case? I'm using Chrome on a Mac.

Edited 1550977403
I'm not sure what's going on with this recent update, but things have gotten particularly bad for us: - Last week during our game (pre-update) we couldn't get connections to work for 5 out of 6 of our group. The update on the 22nd does seem to have fixed that. However - The Video is *choppy*. Like maybe 2 or 3 frames per second, where as it was much higher before. (This includes my personal feed in roll20, as well as all of my incoming friends feeds.) - The video is chewing up *tons* of CPU, at least on macOS (Sierra, Chrome 72) . My 2014 macbook pro running nothing but chrome + discord was basically unusable if video was enabled. (The roll 20 UI would miss 95% of my click attempts, I couldn't open characters or handouts, and the CPU usage caused discord to sound choppy and like a robot.) From my Desktop PC (Windows 10, Chrome 72) (which is significantly more powerful than my laptop), the VTT was at least usable, but the video framerate was still closer to ~three frames per second. I know you're saying that server load is still high with this update, but something seems fishy with the fact that my local video was suffering from the same ultra low framerate that the incoming seems to have. My  browser cpu usage  on my desktop isn't off the charts, so I don't understand why it'd be that way. Edit: Added OS/Browser versions.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Chris L. said: Hi Stephanie! Great to see you here! We are having some kind of problem where there is no WebRTC option in the settings. There are no options for AV at all in fact. Any idea why this might be the case? I'm using Chrome on a Mac. Just making sure that it is the GM of the game who is doing the checking? Only they can see the option and turn it on.
Ah, we figured it out. It looks like the update reset the GM settings and AV had to be re-enabled.
Before I coordinate my 7 players to switch back from Discord, has this whisper bug been fixed: DMing for a group mixing 5 A/V users and 2 Audio-only users. Whispering to an A/V user allows the AO users to hear everything, and whispering to AO users, everyone hears what the AO user is saying. Also, un-whispering a AO user bugs out the interface forcing weird volume control issues. Replicable for all browsers (Chrome/Firefox) and Operating Systems (PC, Mac, Linux)
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Yes. I just double-checked it on live; voice-only users do not hear whispers that they're not in, and un-whispering did not do anything untoward to the volume control. Whispering was more or less entirely rewritten with this update, so other whispering bugs reported before last week should also be fixed. Long N. said: Before I coordinate my 7 players to switch back from Discord, has this whisper bug been fixed: DMing for a group mixing 5 A/V users and 2 Audio-only users. Whispering to an A/V user allows the AO users to hear everything, and whispering to AO users, everyone hears what the AO user is saying. Also, un-whispering a AO user bugs out the interface forcing weird volume control issues. Replicable for all browsers (Chrome/Firefox) and Operating Systems (PC, Mac, Linux)
Thanks for all the improvements, I had a 3-player-game yesterday and the WebRTC-Setup was very quick, connections were built almost immediate. We had a freeze once in a three hour session but a reconnection fixed it. Whisper works like a charm now, you can select/unselect one or more whisper targets and the switching is performed without delay. Only "problem" now: While talking a longer monologue I kept hearing an echo of myself after the first seconds of speaking. My players confirmed the same experience. Of course we made sure that nobody had speakers on (all players using in-ear headphones) and was broadcasting the chat back. Reconnecting did not fix it. We will test this echo more in our next session with more players, but it is not a game breaker so I am quite relaxed and happy with the update. Overall a great improvement so far - thanks for the efforts.

Edited 1552862035
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I have had issues the last couple of weeks. Victoria and Joey share a subnet in NYC. The other players are in various locations in San Diego, California. I am in Switzerland. It regularly takes several reconnects (both me initiating a global one and players reconnecting themselves) to get everyone connected. The last 2 weeks we have lost probably 20 minutes each week trying to get everyone connected. Here is a log from the start of one of our sessions. EDIT: Added the log to the link in the next post.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Probably lost about an hour of a 3-hour session tonight. I took several logs during one of the points where we were all trying to repeatedly reconnect with each other. The logs are here (plus one from last week). I also had two separate occasions where Chrome completely locked up on me, and I had to close the tab and connect to the game again. <a href="https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkzsoGnoESHqhbRgtjNrNIa_vTFSBw" rel="nofollow">https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkzsoGnoESHqhbRgtjNrNIa_vTFSBw</a>
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Thanks for your report, Brian. I'll forward this to the dev team.

Edited 1553299843
For the past month, video has been very inconsistent (players dropping, large percentage of game time spent reconnecting to see all other players, etc).&nbsp; Very often one player will be blackwindow/invisible to half the crew(5 players + DM), while the other half can see them. Still can't figure out how to unmirror the local view WITHOUT sending mirrored view to the other players.&nbsp; As a streamer, I'd prefer not to screen-capture myself backwards on the roll20 app, but there's no option to toggle the local mirrored viewpoint. Video quality for those of us using the Logitech 930 has been awful, whereas prior to the updates we didn't have an issue.&nbsp; Those of us using that particular cam are suffering with very low framerates. Camera settings with the Logitech 930 are completely ignored within Roll20 (Chrome, Win10), can't zoom, pan, adjust color/brightness, etc.&nbsp; &nbsp;This is extremely frustrating, not sure if it's a vendor problem or the new WebRTC interface. At present, we're starting to look at other options, unless the situation drastically improves.
SᵃᵛᵃǤᵉ
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Connectivity spotty at best Thursday with some players able to connect with no problem and others getting dropped or lagging out going R2D2.
Karl V.
Plus
Translator
No significant improvement for our group. Still unable to get stable connectivity between 5 players. Gave up and went back to discord after about 30 min of fiddling with it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also having problems with a player using the Logitech 930. We've had some weeks go buy with zero problems, others we fall back to Discord video (which has problems of its own)
Our group is also 6 strong and has current connection issues...after 3 successful connections and constant reconnecting, we just give up and move to discord
Similar to Gage, our group is 5 strong and last night had several disconnects and/or pairs of players not seeing/hearing others. We may move to Discord until we hear that the issues are resolved... We'd rather not have to move to a third party solution as it's really convenient to have everything in the one browser page, particularly for those players with one monitor only...
Our DM made the call to move to the roll20 voice chat for recording reasons shortly before the session started, and we lost like 30-40 minutes due to the same issues that Gage and René are describing. First my microphone did fine, the other players could hear me, etc. The I wanted to try to change audio imput from default to communications and hit the reconnect button. Whole browser got stuck, had to kill it, rejoin roll20, and from then on roll20 didn´t accept my audio input. I´m using Win10, latest update, Chrome 64 official, latest update, my DL rate is 46, my UL rate is 8,7, ping is 23 ms. Headset registers and works perfectly fine with windows and every other app besides roll20. switching from default to communications and reconnecting does nothing. Also, while the debug log button is there, pressing it does nothing (yes, I checked the downloads folder). Alos: Echoes from the other players microphones (no speakers, only headsets) Tried MS Edge for the lolz, same issue.

Edited 1555325549
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Lost 70 of 180 minutes tonight. Windows 10. Tried up to date Chrome and Firefox, incognito mode, rebooting computers, entering the game in different orders, etc. Each of us could only see some of the 6 people in the game, but it also takes several reconnects to see people when only 2 or 3 are in the game as we wait for the others to join. We finally went with another solution for tonight. New WebRTC logs at the link. <a href="https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkzsoGnoESHqhbRgtjNrNIa_vTFSBw" rel="nofollow">https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkzsoGnoESHqhbRgtjNrNIa_vTFSBw</a>

Edited 1555629468
Chad
Plus
Sheet Author
We've tried this as well. Our main problems are the same as above: random loss of connection, or connections that never work. Honestly, the February 22 update didn't improve that core issue, for all that the whispering UI improvements are nice. Edit: We use voice only, no video.
Chad
Plus
Sheet Author
If it helps, one of our most common problems is that some participants seem to lose their connection to just one other participant. For example, let's say we have: David, John, Sally, Mike, and Fred When we start, everyone is working fine so we start playing and using voice (no video) then, after a few minutes, we end up with this kind of situation: David thinks everything is fine, but he can't actually hear Mike, he just thinks Mike is being quiet. John can't hear Sally or Mike, but Sally can hear John. Mike can't be heard by anyone, but he can hear everyone. Fred was fine for a while but now he can't hear anyone. So really, we have two separate problems: Connections are unstable and drop unexpectedly The UI doesn't give any reliable information on who is still connected and who may have lost their voice connection. This is almost as serious as #1 because you can think a player is fine, but they are really not hearing anything.
Appreciate the continued updates, but issues with Dynamic Line of sight and how it works with character tokens still hasnt been fixed. If a characters sight range is less than 360 degrees, they cant see their own character token. Our game uses DLoS a lot and we've had to scrap the mechanic entirely because no one can see their character tokens.
Hello kyle t., Thank you for your letting us know your issues. However, this is the forum for improvements to WebRTC. You can find the thread for the Dynamic lighting/Advanced Fog of War in the&nbsp; AFoW Feedback &amp; Bug Reporting &nbsp;thread.&nbsp; As such, we recommend following the Submitting a Report steps in that thread to provide us with the necessary information for any issues you are experiencing.&nbsp; Thanks!
When we connected to Discord, our Roll20 video and voice was shut off and no longer works in Roll20. Is there a fix?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Check the camera/microphone permissions on your browser, maybe? Also check to make sure the GM has enabled WebRTC for the game.
Was playing tonight with three other people; I was GM.&nbsp; Neither video or chat worked AT ALL.&nbsp; If I logged on another browser here in my home with my wife's account I could hear her and she could hear me, but nobody outside of us could hear me and nobody outside could hear each other.&nbsp; It was incredibly frustrating.&nbsp; We were all in Win 10 using the latest Chrome.&nbsp;&nbsp;
WIth two relatively small games, 4 players and 6 players, using Roll 20 video and voice was completely unworkable on Friday 5/4 and Satruday 5/5.&nbsp; I had to switch the group to another voice option after multiple efforts to get things working.&nbsp; Players were arbitrarily unable to hear each other, so parts of the group could talk and others could not.&nbsp;
I am having similar issues to those listed. I have a small group and we have a lot of connectivity issues. I am the GM of our session and since last week I have been unable to see or hear my players. I am up to date with everything in chrome and firefox and neither works. When I connect to a game I am not GM i can see and hear fine.
Having the same issue on our main campaign, everyone can view and hear their own voice and video fine but no one can view or hear each other.&nbsp; Just noticed it this Saturday May 4th, didn't have an issue on the session two weeks prior.&nbsp; Of the 4 campaigns I'm involved with my main homebrew is the only one having issues.&nbsp; I'm also the only one with loaded "My Audio" files and recently rolled back my campaign to recover a players character sheet, might just be a coincidence though.&nbsp; The campaign is relatively new so I transferred everything over to a new one and so far video chat appears to be working. WebRTC_Console shows this error code: Connection ERROR: ConnectionNotEstablished Could not establish connectivity with remote peer. Shutting down connection
I am having the same issues: Windows 10 chrome up to date as GM unable to here anyone and no one can hear me some people can here other people getting same log error
Hello Roll20. The problem with VIDEO has returned. We can't see each other, no matter what configuration we set up.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Six more users having problems on this thread .
Moving these here from the thread Keith mentioned above: Evan S. &nbsp;said: My group of friends and I have been playing DnD on roll20 for about 2 months now with no problems. However, recently I have had problems with being able to see my friends' webcams and them not being able to see mine. We have confirmed there are no issues with my webcam (it works in other apps/websites). We have tried to change all of the settings such as video only or video and voice. We have also made sure that at the top right it has the correct Webcam/microphone used as the default device. I have tried everything and even have gone as far as to make a new account on roll20, tried a new webcam, and even tried using an alternative computer. Is this an issue with my internet?&nbsp; TLDR; I can't see my friends' webcams and they can't see me. Ron &nbsp;said: This happening to us right now.&nbsp; Potential issue with the new audio features update? Orbax &nbsp;said: My wife and I are on the same network, can see each other fine. Same issue in 2 of the games ive been running recently. Didnt affect my older games. One of my friends started a game, no issue. Seems to have coincided with audio update.&nbsp; We tried multiple browsers, and regardless if I, or my wife, were in the game, people still couldn't see each other. I would say network, but several of my other games worked (older ones I hadnt touched in a bit). So from what I can tell something within the game itself is corrupted for allowing people to load in and share - my assumption being this had to do with their webRTC and audio update. Evan &nbsp;said: I had the same issue last night; no one in my game could see anyone else. I tried both Chrome and Firefox. I didn't think to clear cookies, but it sounds like that might not have fixed the issue? We ended up playing without video last night (we already use Discord for voice due to familiarity and previous issues with Roll20 RTC). Very frustrating. To your last comment keithcurtis, we are definitely on the Roll20 chat tech. Fione/a &nbsp;said: One of the games I'm involved with is having the same problem. Everyone's up-to-date, using the same settings, cleared cache &amp; restarted home networks, etc. Nothing works. Really does seem like it's an issue on Roll20's end ... which makes the silence coming from the devs all the more irritating. Would it really be such a big deal for them to say "We're aware of the issue, we're committed to fixing it, and we've begun investigating possible solutions?" That's all we're really asking for here; some official acknowledgement that this issue isn't just going to be swept under the rug, and that it will eventually be fixed. Keeper of the Black Prism Protocols &nbsp;said: Our Group has the same issue. 2 out of 4 players see and hear each other, but the other 2 players neither see oder hear anything.&nbsp; We had to open a new game and transfer everything. Very frustrating, especially for the GM, who has a lot of unnecesarry work now to do. Don't understand why there's no official response, because severaly people have this "feature" right now.
Glandulf
Pro
Sheet Author
I have had a minor but strange issue for the past few weeks : when I want to change the location of the avatars/cameras to the top, by using the menu "Player video/avatar location), it just slightly moves avatars and cameras to the right, keeping them at the bottom of the screen. I am using Chrome, version 74.0.3729.131, but it does the same thing using Firefox. I use AdblockPlus and TwitchNow extensions. I can provide screens of the way it moves the avatars if it's necessary.&nbsp;
Glandulf said: I have had a minor but strange issue for the past few weeks : when I want to change the location of the avatars/cameras to the top, by using the menu "Player video/avatar location), it just slightly moves avatars and cameras to the right, keeping them at the bottom of the screen. I am using Chrome, version 74.0.3729.131, but it does the same thing using Firefox. I use AdblockPlus and TwitchNow extensions. I can provide screens of the way it moves the avatars if it's necessary.&nbsp; Same&nbsp;
Thank you keithcurtis and ArtRaven for your assistance in this thread, with that said: where is an update or even a simple acknowledgement from the Roll20 support/dev team? This is obviously not a singular instance of an issue and there's not even been not a "we're aware of the issue and looking into it" from official Roll20 channels. Pretty frustrating to say the least!

Edited 1557272719
Updates for copying at bottom For the WebRTC issue where it works on your internal network but does not allow external connections to see each other (*per game* as some games I run work, others dont (seems to be the most recently played games were affected)). I am going to be running some tests and try to figure it out. 1. Straight copy the game as it seems to be local to the game. - Failed, same issue. 2. Made a brand new game with same module. - Pass, video works. 3. Transmogrified from broken game to new game: - Maps: Pass - Player Characters: Pass - New NPCs: Pass - Handouts: Pass - In game standard music: Pass - Personal uploaded music: Pass I logged in multiple times to new game, cleared cache, added it all back in 1 section at a time, rinse and repeat and it all works. THEN just to see if there was some weird network tunnel stuff going on, I left the one where it worked up and then had us both log into the other game, still no video while the working one kept it. So it seems to be definitely in the game itself. Out of curiosity - those who have had issues: Anyone recently join your game? If you need to get it up and running though, despite it being annoying as f* to reorganize your sub folders, fresh start and transmogrify works. Im going to try doing a game copy with copying nothing over, and then 1 thing, and then 2 things and see if there is a section of the game that is breaking when it comes over. ADDITIONALLY, Ill be enabling scripting for ammo tracking and stuff on the new game and seeing if that affects it. But if you want a work around, it realistically isnt that much work to spin a new one up and transmog Update Copying game. I checked only 1 box at a time to find out which is breaking it so they aren't additive, these are individual tests. - With NO check boxes checked: Pass, video works - With "Players and Player Settings (Including Macros)": Fail, same issue - With "Pages" checked: Fail, same issue - With "Decks" checked: Pass, video works (I never modified decks, however) - With only "Chat Log" checked: Pass, video works - With "Journals" checked: Pass, video works - With "Jukebox" checked: Pass, video works .....Weird everything else worked. Lets go test the 2 failures again for sanity - With "Pages" checked - Pass, video works?? - With "Players and Player Settings (Macros included)" checked - Pass video works?? - ...Did roll20 sneak in a patch? Copy with ALL CHECKED: Pass, video works. - Went back to original broken game: Fail, video does not work. So, I made 13 copies in total, and at some point a straight copy worked, whereas it had not before. However, the initial break was around players and pages. Logged into another game that recently broke. I haven't touched it since before patch, like the ones i had that *DID* work. While I thought it may have had something to do with uploading audio or something, this one does NOT have personal files. It has game tracks, just like the ones that work. What is the ONE thing that I can think of that changed? I recently added a new player to the games. - First game: A player imported a character from the vault, charactermancer (Ranger), but that character was in BEFORE it broke. I did, however, kick a player from the game between the session that worked and the session that didn't. - Second game: Added a new player to the game, they added a new character, but this was from scratch IN game, used the charactermancer.(Barbarian) - Third game: Added a new player to the game, they added a new character, but this was from scratch IN game, used the charactermancer.. Monk) - Used the charactermancer in all character creations and levels ups. Conclusion: AFTER the patch (Post April 30), if a player was added OR dropped from a campaign seems to be the main difference. The game copying over oddly might be bringing an artifact of that with it, but a copy was eventually successful ( For only 1 person though, another player joined and it broke again) . The charactermancer was in all of them, but again, one of the games that stopped working was only after I removed a player from the game - a character had been imported, but the next session was fine. All games have had a new player added or dropped , but importing from the vault or scratch didnt seem to be the issue as it was done both ways. Last thing I really have to check is the ammo tracking scripts, but that is consistent across all games and I doubt it is an issue.

Edited 1557270845
I have secondary account. Went to my friends game that worked (that I was already in it with old account). He invited my new account. Broke it for both of us (was just the two of us at the moment, however). We exited out and he went into the game and rejoined and it worked... hmm so I go to my primary account. Log in, doesnt work. Both exit and wait 40 seconds while he loads. doesnt work. is it a pro account thing because the other is free? Does the alternate account work still...log out...log back in...nope. Back to page, he goes in, wait 40 seconds..still broken. Switched account s now a dozen times, only the alt account doesnt work. It was adding a player from what I can tell. and I kicked the player in the other game and it broke for everyone. Think this might be the culprit. I want to test what happens when the NEW player that was added is NOT in the game with all of the old accounts and what happens when that player then joins the session. More updates to come. But this feels like the right track. Though I went back with primary account - worked...tried a few things of going back in and out, worked. Went back to the secondary account, broken. went back to primary worked...
Final update on this and then I give up for a while. - Added my secondary account to one of my games that worked - logged in, couldnt see each&nbsp; other - logged in with primary account - worked saw each other.&nbsp; - switched back and forth several times. Primary worked, secondary didnt - Opened up a second browser and logged in with primary account. So both are signed in now. We all reconnect, it works. - Primary leaves, reconnect, breaks again.

Edited 1557272402
John O. said: Final update on this and then I give up for a while. - Added my secondary account to one of my games that worked - logged in, couldnt see each&nbsp; other - logged in with primary account - worked saw each other.&nbsp; - switched back and forth several times. Primary worked, secondary didnt - Opened up a second browser and logged in with primary account. So both are signed in now. We all reconnect, it works. - Primary leaves, reconnect, breaks again. So yeah, all i can tell is if after I think April 30th if you added a new player or removed one, it would affect the game if that new account was in it (or just the entire game if a player had been removed). Thats all i got for now folks, let me know if those of you with issues had new roll20 accounts join your games or leave them or something along those lines.I had added a new player to a broken game around the 29th and his account works. I added someone today to test it, and it was broken. But the person I added last week it works for. So it was new players in that time frame. Ok NOW im done!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For those that want to help troubleshoot, including the&nbsp;WebRTC Debug Log (Click the "Download WebRTC Debug Log " button under the&nbsp; Video + Audio Chat Options &nbsp;of the&nbsp; My Settings &nbsp;tab)&nbsp;would help to diagnose what's going on. You don't have to paste it here if you don't want to, you can link it to a pastebin.com link or somesuch, but data helps.
Had audio and video issues tonight. We checked all the troubleshooting options in the forum, but couldn't get them resolved. My wife and I could hear and see each other and we are on the same network, but the other 3 players could not hear or see anyone, but themselves. I have a log, but don't know where or how to send it to Roll20.
Hobbegger said: Had audio and video issues tonight. We checked all the troubleshooting options in the forum, but couldn't get them resolved. My wife and I could hear and see each other and we are on the same network, but the other 3 players could not hear or see anyone, but themselves. I have a log, but don't know where or how to send it to Roll20. Have you added any new roll20 players to the game, or removed from the game? Including alt accounts etc? Have new characters been imported?
Having similar issues as many others with audio in Roll20. I now need to log onto a friend's game in Roll20 to use audio, since we no longer use Discord-I'm the GM and my players can hear each other but not me-and I cannot hear them. In my player's game we can still all hear each other, but logging on in two games simultaneously is getting ridiculous. I had selected the newer WebRTC when it was introduced but since the new audio updates, it does not allow me any options (AV input or output) and the older version is 'not supported'. I have added no music since the 4/30 update but had added my own tracks before, just less than a dozen files. Reinstalled Chrome fully, cleaned cookies and cache-no dice. Please advise.
We haven't added or removed any characters or players. Seems like only one of us can see every other player. Others can only see one or two people. The profile pic just comes up in place of video sometimes. Refresh browser. Different results. Bit frustrating.
Link to WebRTC console log:&nbsp;<a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ilLqQpensvjZ8-5_n7BGyhSXQBMJWhli/view?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ilLqQpensvjZ8-5_n7BGyhSXQBMJWhli/view?usp=sharing</a>
Kai
Sheet Author
Glandulf said: I have had a minor but strange issue for the past few weeks : when I want to change the location of the avatars/cameras to the top, by using the menu "Player video/avatar location), it just slightly moves avatars and cameras to the right, keeping them at the bottom of the screen. I am using Chrome, version 74.0.3729.131, but it does the same thing using Firefox. I use AdblockPlus and TwitchNow extensions. I can provide screens of the way it moves the avatars if it's necessary.&nbsp; Same here.