Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q3Y2019)

Edited 1570554715
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Pathfinder enthusiast! Over the last few months the User Collaboration team has been hard at work creating a version 1.0 Pathfinder Second Edition character sheet. Due to the time frame we had to release with only the most important bare minimum of features. We would have liked to take more time to add in all the thing we considered important to play but we knew you would want to start playing now rather than wait for us. Below I've outlined the planned releases and we'll be taking users requests for new features. Thanks for all your feedback & help, :) Cassie User Collaboration Team Lead Character Sheet Version 3.0 Feature Requests NPC Drag & Drop. Spellcaster npcs have limited support for now. Additional support is coming for those who also have CRB. Version 2.04 Feature Requests Additional Damage inputs for NPC & PC strikes Version 2.03 Feature Requests NPC Spellcaster support is now live. Version 2.02 Feature Requests Added quantity in inventory Added notes for NPC strikes Quality of Life Improvements Added () to roll template for greater user behavior support Improved placeholder text on npcs Version 2.01 Bug Fixes Saving throws rolls were using the wrong notes attribute name thereby not showing the notes when rolled. It will work now. Spell DC will now calculate with the +10 when a magic tradition is selected NPC setting buttons were moved to the left side to be consistent with the PC sheet NPC sheet had numerous display updates as reported by  Maelorn . Let us know if we missed any. Feature Request Changed sheet worker names to increase readability Game Settings now has two options to set defaults related GM whispers & sheet type.  Version 2.0 Bug Fixes Spell rolltemplate "cast" is being replaced by "traits" Spell attack fix when using spell_attack_temporary Change to level attribute was not updating relative values as expected. Feature Requests NPC initial sheet is released. NPC spellcasters are not supported yet but we're working on it. Additional translatable titles for internationalization accessibility. Version 1.0 Player character support including calculating Ability Sores, Rollable buttons, Spell Book.... In Development Non-player character simplified sheet. We wrote a Pathfinder 2E: PC as NPC Guide  to help with making playable npcs with the version 1 sheet . Non-player character spell caster support Additional translatable titles for better internationalization support Additional screen readers support Better tabbing navigation Drag & Drop non-player characters Drag & Drop non-player character spellcasters Incremental deployments for Drag & Drop options (Weapons, Spells, Ancestries...) Charactermancer Quantity input for inventory Prepared spell indicator NPC notes for strikes Additional damage type support for strikes Refactor CSS into SCSS for future feature requests Report Issue Sheet Issues Template Class(es) /  Subclass : Description of issue :  Try being as detailed as possible when writing a description. Documenting the exact steps you've taken will let us follow the same path in trying to replicate & test the issue. Screenshots: A picture is worth a 1,000 words and a Gif 10,000. Feature Request We kept the initial sheet as trim and slim on features as we could. Our developers had a lot of good ideas but before we spent the time working towards these ideas we wanted to hear from you the users on what you wanted/needed. Let us know what class speciality or other game rules the sheet could support better. If you think another post has a good idea reference that idea and give it a +1. We cannot guarantee every idea will be implemented but we will evaluate each of them. Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Brief Description : Try to keep this to a few paragraphs by describing a use case. We'll get more details later. References : Book (Core Rule Book, Bestiary...), page #s
NICE, just waiting on the PF 2nd Ed CRB to be open here to buy then I can start Creating!! Tom

Edited 1564682577
    Hi, I appreciate that screen reader support is one of the features you're working on, and I would like to complement the general layout of the sheet as being very accessible. I'm just going to report a couple issues below. You may already be aware but I figured I'd write them in just in case. I am using the Firefox browser and the NVDA screen reader. Class: Accessibility Subclass: Screen Reader Support There are two issues I am having currently. First, there are buttons by most of the things on the sheet labeled "y". From observing other sheets I assume that these are the gear buttons that expand and collapse various sections of the sheet. I am unable to get these to do anything at all. These might work better as checkboxes, but as is they don't seem to do anything. Second, when I go through the sheet the "ability" combo boxes for things like AC, Saves, Skills and similar things set themselves to "custom". This happens if I navigate the sheet with the arrow keys and arrow down below the combo box in question to the text field where you would enter in a custom mod. This needs to be fixed as it would be very easy to do to your whole sheet by accident if you're just pressing the down arrow repeatedly to go through everything. The workaround is to navigate the sheet by jumping from heading to heading, button to button, or something similar. A novice screen reader might not necessarily do that though.

Edited 1564684441
For the most part, this sheet is great. It's fast, information dense without being overwhelming, and has almost everything one could want! With a few exceptions so far. Inventory Expansion The inventory is the only part of this sheet that is lackluster, as there is no way to separate bulk from amount, meaning you have to individually edit each entry's bulk to indicate that there are multiples. This is fairly annoying, and should be a default feature. Additional detail that would be appreciated is the ability to separate inventory by baggage, having headings indicating in what storage do you have items that aren't worn or at the ready. It would additionally be nice to be able to list bulk as L instead of 0.1, to match the language of the system. Ammo Tracking I've noticed that if you have ranged weapons, there is no way to easily add and subtract ammo for them from your main page. A generic resource counter would be sufficient, though if it could track through both the inventory and first page it would be ideal. Additionally, Focus point tracking on the front page would be nice, though the spell page is already sufficient. This also feeds into the issue of number tracking in the inventory. For a day one sheet, this is leaps and bounds above the playtest sheet and is very feature rich. I almost like it better than the 5e sheet. Major props to the author.
One-liner  Title : Color Options Brief  Description : The default Red and Blue are pretty bright on a computer screen. The ability to change the colors, even to just black and white would be appreciated. References :
I actually just wanted to ask a question. I wanted to run my players through The Rise of the Rune Lords campaign but I wanted to use the second Ed rules. How hard would this be? Is it even possible though roll 20 or should we just run 1st Ed?
Seconding Nelson
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nick S., I appreciate your feedback. We learned a lot from you previous reviews of character sheets and are working toward making improvements with this layout that we can carry forward into other character sheets. I have been testing a personal project with ChromeVox and realized too late in this project that those 'y' buttons are a challenge when navigating by audio. I believe I have found a solution for adding a helpful label for screen readers which I intend to add in a future update. On the Pathfinder Second Edition sheet the 'y' buttons are used to show and hide input fields for visual users. Similarly you may encounter '4' buttons which show and hide notes or description text from visual users. From my brief testing of the sheet with ChromeVox, I was able to tab to the visually hidden areas without needing to activate the 'y' or '4' buttons. As a visual user when navigating this way I couldn't see these inputs or text areas but the audio informed me that I was accessing them via the keyboard.  I will add that issue with the "custom" input as an issue to address. I believe I know how we can stop that from being automatically set when navigating the character sheet. As a novice screen reader, I do not yet know how to navigate by headers, buttons, and other elements so I can certainly replicate this experience in testing.  There are a number of places we want to update the HTML elements we used to allow for better audio navigation particularly using headers.  Thanks for taking the time to reply. Let me know anything else you have feedback for. - Cassie DungeonM, Thanks for the input. I 100% agree with that evaluation of the inventory system. It is one of the areas we want to improve on. We appreciate the compliments this sheet was a team effort. :) Would a section such as the repeating resources  of the D&D 5e by Roll20 be a helpful start? These areas are commonly used for tracking class resources, ammunition, rations, and other such things. Nelson V., The idea of a black & white sheet was raised. I encourage others interested in a neutral color scheme to add their support. :) This would be a very doable feature. Game Master Dadderrath, Do you have the Rise of the Rune Lords campaign purchased on Roll20 and want to use those assets? The npc sheets may not carry attributes from the Pathfinder 1st edition module to the Second Edition sheet. You could certainly reuse the maps and handouts. If your question is more to the effect of rules differences between first and second edition that may be best answered by friendly users stopping by here. :) Heading back to GenCon for now and thanks for all the input, Cassie
One-liner  Title : Option to change colors! Brief  Description : 3/4 of my players didn't like that bright colorful sheet. One even said it's painful for his eyes and didn't fill it up because of it. And I agree. Please, make a way to turn it black and white or change colors. References :
Class(es) /  Subclass : Don't know. Error with spell output. Description of issue :  It seems like there is a mistake in code that causes spells to display incorrectly. Like, fields are wrong. See Picture Screenshots:
Thank you for that answer Cassie. I'm very new to roll 20. I was wanting to buy The Rise if the Rune Lords campaign and the Second Ed core rule book so we can use second Ed player characters. I know I'll have to do all the converting for the NPCs and Monsters. I just wanted to know if I wanted to use the story and maos and tokens would the Roll 20 system be okay with us using second Ed rules. I already have all the Rise of the Rune Lords PDFs so it shouldn't be an issue with converting and having the NPCs and Monsters. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
My guess is that story maps and tokens would work, though some handout hot links to monsters and NPCs might not. It might be a real pain to re-link all the placed tokens without Pro scripts.
First off, thanks for creating this great sheet and all the hard work that you're doing on it. Class(es) /  Subclass : Wizard Description of issue : There seems to be an issue with spell output in the game math. I admit that I could just be missing something here but I wanted to report it because I don't think I am. The "Attack" modifier does not match what your spell attack roll should actually be. In the case of my wizard they have a +4 in INT and are Trained in Spell Attacks. It calculates correctly here: However, when I try to setup a spell macro to roll the attack for me it seems to get the math wrong as seen in these two Gifs. Apologies for my slow scrolling on the gif it may not be immediately clear what I am trying to report. Where it says 4 {@spellattack} I believe something is wrong with how its showing itself. This ends up rolling in the chat 1d20+8 instead of 1d20+7 because it is factoring the Intelligence in twice. Thanks in advance for looking into this. Hopefully I'm not just missing something obvious!
Feature Request Multi Attack Penalty Macros Brief Description : as it currently stands (unless myself and several friends are just blind) there's no way to roll with a multi attack penalty. the playtest sheet had this and it worked quite well. manually taking 5 or 10 off attack rolls after they are in chat isn't difficult but it seems really strange that something that is this central to the entire 2e system (3 action turns) in regards to combat is missing

Edited 1564753332
The Playtest Sheet had options for adding buffs that would be automatically calculated - VERY useful for the barbarian and the cleric both. Is this something that can be done in this sheet too? Furthermore, I second Angel Snypz, multiple attack penalty please! :) Edit: Also a feature request. Many of the fields have one of those small arrows you can click to show the notes without having to open the editing field. Would be nice to have for saves too, as SO many NPCs have notes to their saves. 
Feature Request Template One-liner  Title : Conditions  Brief  Description : I do not see an easy way to apply conditions to a character sheet. I know there is a section for conditions but it does not seem to apply minuses. So it would be good to have a way to easily apply conditions if a player or players have come under the influence of one.I know in options you can add a bonus to a roll but if I input -1 it doesn't seem to do anything so maybe another option to add a negative? References : The rules for conditions are summarized on page 454 and described in full on pages 618–623.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Drew said: First off, thanks for creating this great sheet and all the hard work that you're doing on it. Class(es) /  Subclass : Wizard Description of issue : There seems to be an issue with spell output in the game math. I admit that I could just be missing something here but I wanted to report it because I don't think I am. The "Attack" modifier does not match what your spell attack roll should actually be. In the case of my wizard they have a +4 in INT and are Trained in Spell Attacks. It calculates correctly here: However, when I try to setup a spell macro to roll the attack for me it seems to get the math wrong as seen in these two Gifs. Apologies for my slow scrolling on the gif it may not be immediately clear what I am trying to report. Where it says 4 {@spellattack} I believe something is wrong with how its showing itself. This ends up rolling in the chat 1d20+8 instead of 1d20+7 because it is factoring the Intelligence in twice. Thanks in advance for looking into this. Hopefully I'm not just missing something obvious! If setting a magic tradition on a spell, the sheet uses the specific proficiency for this particular magic tradition, and recalculate the spell attack based on this proficiency. Otherwise (no specific magic tradition set for the spell), it uses the current spell attack value. Do not set the ability modifier for now. A better solution for detailed spell attack values per magic tradition is in the works.

Edited 1564758855
Cassie said: Nick S., I appreciate your feedback. We learned a lot from you previous reviews of character sheets and are working toward making improvements with this layout that we can carry forward into other character sheets. I have been testing a personal project with ChromeVox and realized too late in this project that those 'y' buttons are a challenge when navigating by audio. I believe I have found a solution for adding a helpful label for screen readers which I intend to add in a future update. On the Pathfinder Second Edition sheet the 'y' buttons are used to show and hide input fields for visual users. Similarly you may encounter '4' buttons which show and hide notes or description text from visual users. From my brief testing of the sheet with ChromeVox, I was able to tab to the visually hidden areas without needing to activate the 'y' or '4' buttons. As a visual user when navigating this way I couldn't see these inputs or text areas but the audio informed me that I was accessing them via the keyboard.  I will add that issue with the "custom" input as an issue to address. I believe I know how we can stop that from being automatically set when navigating the character sheet. As a novice screen reader, I do not yet know how to navigate by headers, buttons, and other elements so I can certainly replicate this experience in testing.  There are a number of places we want to update the HTML elements we used to allow for better audio navigation particularly using headers.  Thanks for taking the time to reply. Let me know anything else you have feedback for. - Cassie Cassie, My initial response to your statement is this. Chromevox is not a very good representation of accessibility. I would recommend downloading the free NVDA screen reader from nvaccess.org If you use this screen reader for testing with Mozilla Firefox it will give you much better results for making the sheet accessible for the overwhelming majority of screen reader users of Roll20 on Windows, as NVDA is comparable to the main screen reader used by the majority of those users. That main screen reader costs money, however, so it wouldn't be good to use for testing purposes. I figured that the "y" buttons and "4" buttons did exactly what you described, although I would appreciate it if these buttons also hid the fields from screen readers as the Pathfinder first edition and Starfinder sheets do. It's excellent that the sheet can be navigated by heading and this has been implemented wonderfully. I would still like to be able to hide the clutter from my screen reader though for navigating within the different sections. The way that works in the first edition Pathfinder sheet is ideal. If this isn't possible with the way this sheet is written it does work well the way it is currently. As for navigating with screen readers by headings, buttons and the like, I can help you with this if you use the NVDA screen reader mentioned above. Chromevox has changed how to do this several times and I'm not sure how it works anymore. Web pages use a system called single key navigation, where you press one key to jump to a specific element and to navigate to the previous one you use the same key while holding down shift. I'll list a couple of the elements below and they're associated keys. headings h buttons b check-boxes x combo boxes c edit text fields e form controls in general f (This includes all the controls I've just listed along with a few others, except for headings) If you wish to enter text into a field or change the values in a combo box, press enter on that control, and a beeping noise will indicate that you're in focus mode. This allows you to edit that control. When you're done with that press escape. Sometimes the screen reader will enter you into focus mode automatically, but you can get out by pressing escape at any time.
One-liner  Title : Check Box for Degrees of Success in spells Brief  Description : As of now, Degrees of Success for Spells only show in the roll if you check the box for "Saving Throw". However, there are spells that have Degrees of Success and no save. Hydraulic Push for example on pg 344 has a Success effect and a Critical Success effect based on an Attack Roll not a Saving Throw.
One-liner  Title :  Extra Damage Die? Brief  Description : I could be missing this, but I don't see a place to put extra damage from attacks. Like if an attack does 1d6 slashing and 1d6 fire. I don't see a way to add that 1d6 fire die.
Can we have rolls show what your training is? Like have it say "Untrained Skill" "Trained Skill" "Expert Skill" "Master Skill" and "Legendary Skill"
Bug report: When leveling up, values aren't auto calculated with the new level numbers until I manually click each cog, change some value information, and re-save it. Example: Level 1 elf sorcerer HP: 6 ancestry, 6 class, calculates correctly as 12 HP. Level up to 2... value doesn't change. Alter class hp to 7, calculates as 20, change back to 6, correctly calculates as 18.  I have to do this for every single field  that needs recalculated based on level.
One-liner  Title :  Prepared Spells/duo spell lists Brief  Description : I could be blind, but i didn't see a field to mark off which spells i prepared for the day, As a Spontaneous caster it doesn't matter, but as prepared caster it does. Second, would it be possible to get a tab within the spells section similar to 1e for if you have two spell lists. As of now, if your a Cleric and you multiclass into Druid, your putting all your Divine spells and Primal spells in the same area

Edited 1564852552
As an old hat to TTRPGs (I remember THAC0 very well)  Can we change the damage output of things that critical hit to include the AC that you beat by 10.  I know it sounds silly but a lot of people will find knowing their attack crit on AC X or higher very useful.  And can we have the critical damage actually just doublt damage to avoid this nonsense in the picture below. What player won't just "DOUBLE" the 8 like the rules state and instead only do 10 damage?  None of them.  Please either remove the crit damage or have it actually do what a critical hit does. I am aware this may not work once you start using Runes of Striking and abilities that add die types, like Power Attack, so take this with a grain of salt, but the critical number should flip flop like that at low level, which 90% of games played are.
I second Ryn's second request. The rulebook just has you double the damage, not reroll it and times the reoll by 2. So I'd rather get rid of that crit line in general (or have it as an option in the options tab).
Nelson V. said: I second Ryn's second request. The rulebook just has you double the damage, not reroll it and times the reoll by 2. So I'd rather get rid of that crit line in general (or have it as an option in the options tab). The sad part is the weapon area needs amazing amounts of work.  It needs options for Deadly and Fatal weapon traits. Deadly adds a listed die type on criticals per die of the weapons damage. Fatal changes the weapons die type to listed die on criticals. As it is right now if I use those types of weapons I have to manually do my damage after attacking, if a critical is achieved.  The output should list the AC hit, the AC hit that is a critical and IF the roll was a natural 20. The Damage should just be base damage of weapon with a spot to add extra damage via feats or "striking weapons."  The Stat Mod and any other mods one may have . The Critical area need to have toggles for deadly with an entry, fatal with an entry and auto calculate this. Ranged weapons need a toggle or tick box for "Propulsive" that adds HALF of your STR Mod rounded down. Weapons attacks likely are the most used action in Pathfinder2E and they need to do all the work for the player/GM to speed up combat on VTTs PERSONALLY I'd like to get rid of having to open a cog wheel for every skill/attribute etc to select UTEML and see "check boxes" instead on the main page.
They say in the rules that the GM might allow you to roll extra dice instead of doubling the base result. I'd like to request a toggle in options that allows you to choose between a doubled result and a result that just presents a second damage roll for crits, like the 5e damage output. Considering how crits work it probably needs to just be clickable.

Edited 1564984189
Nelson V. said: One-liner  Title :  Extra Damage Die? Brief  Description : I could be missing this, but I don't see a place to put extra damage from attacks. Like if an attack does 1d6 slashing and 1d6 fire. I don't see a way to add that 1d6 fire die. In the "Other" category in the weapon damage, if you just put 1d6, it'll work. Although it doesn't let you differentiate the damage type and it all gets lumped together as one result. Definitely needs a better way of handling multiple damage types on single attack. 
Would love to see some space for reactions which is on the first page, not somewhere on the Details sheet. It's rather inconvenient to navigate all of this while in combat and remember all your actions this way.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Ryn said: Ranged weapons need a toggle or tick box for "Propulsive" that adds HALF of your STR Mod rounded down. You can select "half str" as damage bonus, in the attribute drop-down for ranged strikes damage.
On the Multiclass Subject, if you're a Paladin who multiclasses Cleric, there's no way to deal with the fact that you have two Divine sets of attacks and DCs at different levels of training.

Edited 1565046050
Andreas J. said: Ryn said: Ranged weapons need a toggle or tick box for "Propulsive" that adds HALF of your STR Mod rounded down. You can select "half str" as damage bonus, in the attribute drop-down for ranged strikes damage. Sure, but is that more or less intuitive than tick boxes for weapon traits?  It works don't get me wrong, just I'm thinking of tying traits to actual effects.
One-liner  Title : Additional attacks Brief  Description : An option to add 2nd and 3rd attacks - perhaps as a roll query - that will calculate the attack roll with the penalty.
One-liner  Title : Inventory Improvements Brief  Description : I would like to see the following columns be added to the inventory: Amount (ammunition, number of potions, default 1) Value per unit (default 0) Bulk per unit (default 0) Total Value (automated) Total Bulk (automated) Bonus: Ammo tracking (link to attack, deduct one upon roll) References:
One-liner  Title : Buffs Brief  Description : This is self explanatory, most modern sheets have buffs, though the PF community sheet did it really well References :
One-liner  Title : Additional Attacks Brief  Description : An option to add 2nd and 3rd attacks - perhaps as a roll query - that will calculate the attack roll with the penalty. References :
One-liner  Title : Query improvements Brief  Description : Many places in the sheet (such as health) do not respond well to queries. I can't tell the sheet to take (6 + con)*my level - Believe me, I tried every possible way. Can you go through the sheet and make as many places as possible query friendly. Even better, expose the macro beneath each part (perhaps via an option in the menu to toggle) so I can edit the macro itself. For those handy with sheets that's a godsent! References :

Edited 1565129250
One-liner  Title :  Rollable buttons Brief  Description : The Pathfinder Community sheet has buttons such as [attacks] that when pressed create a whispered, clickable chat prompt listing all your attacks. I use these rollable buttons for macros, which is super useful especially as a GM so you don't need to open 10 different sheets. Adding these to this sheet would be lovely. References :
One-liner  Title : Optional   Stat calculation as boosts.  Brief  Description : The playtest sheet had boost integrated into the stat calculation. That was super useful and I'd like to see it returned for boost bookkeeping! References :

Edited 1565137980
One-liner  Title :  Prepared 'light' (edit:  marker ) next to each spell. List uses next to the spell name rather than inside the macro. Brief  Description : Prepared 'light' next to each spell. List uses next to the spell name rather than inside the macro. This makes referencing spells and tracking them much easier. As well as seeing at a glance how many spells you still have left. References :
+1 to Prepared marker for prepared spell casters
+1 for Prepared markers. I have a player making a wizard and he's looking at having to keep track of his spells on paper, which shouldn't be necessary here. 
One-liner  Title : Proficiency markers Brief  Description : Instead of working with dropdown boxes behind a cogwheel for proficiencies, simply have UTEML in radio circles horizontally next to the skills. References : The playtest sheet had this.
TheJokerPlays said: One-liner  Title : Proficiency markers Brief  Description : Instead of working with dropdown boxes behind a cogwheel for proficiencies, simply have UTEML in radio circles horizontally next to the skills. References : The playtest sheet had this. Please for the love of all things in the universe, make it so I never have to open a cog wheel for something so simple as UTEML
+1 to prepared and cog wheels. +1 to multiple attacks.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Pathfinder Second Edition fans, I have created a nice long list of feature requests thanks to all your feedback. We'll be evaluating each of them. Please continue to add your support and feedback to all the requests here as well as those that have yet to come. I beg for your patience in this process as you can see in our In Development list is nice and long. :) I will add your suggestions to that list as they get scheduled for development. Thanks, Cassie
+1 to ability score Boost model. The playtest sheet was very good way to help new players visualize the process of applying boosts while building your character. Maybe have a menu selection to choose between Boosts and Rolling stats

Edited 1565233907
One-liner  Title : Action cost in spell/attack descriptions  Brief  Description : It would be nice to be able to put how many actions things cost in the spell or attack slot. Eg attack (one action) spell (two actions) so other players and DMs can keep a track of how many actions a player used  We are using the <> in the title of the spells we use in our game to tell how many actions it costs but would be nice to be better formatted 
How do I create a Pathfinder Second Edition character?  I see all this great talk about the character sheet being free for all to use but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make a character. Can someone please point me in the right direction here? Thanks, Judd
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Judd W. said: How do I create a Pathfinder Second Edition character?  I see all this great talk about the character sheet being free for all to use but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make a character. Can someone please point me in the right direction here? Thanks, Judd You have to be in a game to make a character. Either create a new game yourself (setting the PF2 sheet as your character sheet for the game) or get invited to a game (at which point the GM will make a character sheet for you in the game).