Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Print Character Sheets

Angelo
API Scripter
+1, this would be great to alternate sessions in real life and sessions on roll20
+1, there's many reasons why even with an online platform people want to print copies of their character sheets. 
+1

Edited 1590428306
+1
+1
This seems like something people want. +1
+1
+1
+1
Please make this an option! +1
This would be an extremely useful thing. +1
+1
+1
+1, how have people needed to ask for this for 5 years with no results??
Skaught B. said: +1, how have people needed to ask for this for 5 years with no results?? The same way only 2 out of the Top 10 suggestions have been completed.  Roll20 has its own development priorities and either doesn't have the staff or care enough about what customers think are important.  I'm not sure which, but all the top-voted suggestions seem to languish for years while we get things like a new zoom scrollbar.  Yay.  That was the game-changer we'd all been waiting for.  Actually, my guess is the back-end is such a mess they can't easily implement new stuff without rewriting it, so we get little incremental features instead of useful stuff. I know they put a lot of their staff hours into bringing new products to the marketplace for revenue, but many of the top 10 suggestions are things they could easily monetize by making them Plus/Pro features.
+1 Keep the dream alive!
+1 
5 years? Good grief.  +1
Jesse said: The same way only 2 out of the Top 10 suggestions have been completed.  Roll20 has its own development priorities and either doesn't have the staff or care enough about what customers think are important.  I'm not sure which, but all the top-voted suggestions seem to languish for years while we get things like a new zoom scrollbar.  Yay.  That was the game-changer we'd all been waiting for.  Actually, my guess is the back-end is such a mess they can't easily implement new stuff without rewriting it, so we get little incremental features instead of useful stuff. I know they put a lot of their staff hours into bringing new products to the marketplace for revenue, but many of the top 10 suggestions are things they could easily monetize by making them Plus/Pro features. They should allow community to develop non-monetary features, as they benefit anyway. My work team could have the character sheet printable to PDF in less than one sprint.....
+1
+1
Hey guys, I tried @Noon's Userscript and still wasn't able to get fit to work. But I found a pretty decent solution. In Chrome: 1. Add Screen Capture (by Google) extension. 2. Open Character Sheet (NOT in popout) 3. ALT + SHIFT + P to Capture scrolling screen 4. Save Capture Result as .png and crop the edges as necessary 5. Should be done! Hope this helps anyone having trouble with other solutions like me! Now I just need to find a way to get the printout to update itself as changes are made online ;)
5E works just fine. 85% zoom works for 8.5x11. Mostly full list is here for most character sheets. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7950073/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/7950073/</a>
+1
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
Good morning. As this request is to print all sheets (not just Popular or Roll20 Official Sheets), we need to make sure our processes are aligned with the best practices for the technologies we use. For our test case of Dungeons &amp; Dragons 5e, we've undergone significant structural changes of the code in order to make working on this system possible. That work is nearing completion, and we will be able to move into the next phase soon.
Yay! Progress at last.
+1
+1
+1 As a GM running a face-to-face game with my kids it is nice to have Roll20 to help manage their characters. It would be even better if I could also print the character sheets out to hand to them. We're not all sitting at the gaming table with tablets or laptops, nor should we have to.
@Noon's solution seems to be just a CSS replacement (from a quick glance at the script because I'm paranoid about executing random code). So should be doable with a Stylish theme, especially since a LOT of DMs are already using one of those themes to solve the perennial map pages issues. I'll see if I can get a Round Tuit...

Edited 1593548563
@Mike L. You cannot do it with just Stylus, iirc. My script does two things: Disable Bootstrap print query css Enable my own print query css Technically, you could probably go through and fix every single problem with bootstrap's print query with more specific css but if I recall correctly , a bunch of them are already extremely specific and rife with !important so you'd have to spend a bunch of tedious time doing it like that instead of using the solution that definitely works. Because it definitely works. Every time we go to a new page in this thread I come in and just sanity check myself to make sure it all still works. If you're that worried I can probably document the code... I'm going to end up doing that aren't I? I haven't even looked at it yet and I can already feel my body being pulled to do that. I guess I'll update this post when I'm done. &nbsp;It is done. Code documented and updated. Still no functionality tweaks. Works the same way it did two years ago.

Edited 1593546467
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Vince said: Brian W. said: Import would be nice too... some kind of protocol (like a VCF) for bringing a text file into the stats &amp; attributes tab for a given character. I would love to be able to parse text-based stat blocks for monsters and npc's into character sheets. Basically drag and drop. This might be something API can do,,,? Did you guys speak to the Sciptomancer about this? He is a helpful guy and he does great API scripts.
AquaAlex
Sheet Author
Translator
API Scripter
Kenton said: Good morning. As this request is to print all sheets (not just Popular or Roll20 Official Sheets), we need to make sure our processes are aligned with the best practices for the technologies we use. For our test case of Dungeons &amp; Dragons 5e, we've undergone significant structural changes of the code in order to make working on this system possible. That work is nearing completion, and we will be able to move into the next phase soon. Thanks for the feedback @Kenton&nbsp; (listen maybe tell the guys to add the industry standard # and @ options in forum when you guys are working on forum updates ;)
Please do not double post AquaAlex. Additionally, You are replying to Vince from 5 years ago. Scott long ago solved that problem .&nbsp; Additionally additionally, Please create a feature request in its own thread.

Edited 1593555477
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
AquaAlex said: Vince said: Brian W. said: Import would be nice too... some kind of protocol (like a VCF) for bringing a text file into the stats &amp; attributes tab for a given character. I would love to be able to parse text-based stat blocks for monsters and npc's into character sheets. Basically drag and drop. This might be something API can do,,,? Did you guys speak to the Sciptomancer about this? He is a helpful guy and he does great API scripts.&nbsp; Future Vince here.&nbsp; Actually, this has been done by Scott for the Pathfinder Community sheet (Pathfinder Companion Script).&nbsp;&nbsp;So, it's been done for at least one sheet. ;-)
Kenton said: Good morning. As this request is to print all sheets (not just Popular or Roll20 Official Sheets), we need to make sure our processes are aligned with the best practices for the technologies we use. For our test case of Dungeons &amp; Dragons 5e, we've undergone significant structural changes of the code in order to make working on this system possible. That work is nearing completion, and we will be able to move into the next phase soon. I'm so happy to see that work is in progress.&nbsp; Are there instructions to help test the current phase?&nbsp; The ability to print out the character sheet is HUGE for me and my family.&nbsp; I GM some pure online games, but my own socially distanced younglings are looking forward to being able to print out their characters, so we can leverage my investments here and still feel like real humans sitting playing at a tabletop without tablets when we can.&nbsp; Huzzah! and thank you!
+1 this would really make things so much nicer, to have some kind of pdf or paper backup, both to have something to hold in your hand and to guard against people coming in and accidentally mucking things up between sessions (I tend to play with newbs).
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
The work required to the character sheet system has been identified and is being documented for estimation. The next step will be to schedule that work.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Kenton said: The work required to the character sheet system has been identified and is being documented for estimation. The next step will be to schedule that work. Glad to see this has continued to move forward.&nbsp; Thank you for the update Kenton.
+1 My players would find this really helpful. They really struggle to have the character sheets open while the game is running.
Lexin said: +1 My players would find this really helpful. They really struggle to have the character sheets open while the game is running. Just making sure you know there's an option in the settings to use pop out windows for character sheets so they aren't taking up space inside the main Roll20.
+1
Jesse said: Just making sure you know there's an option in the settings to use pop out windows for character sheets so they aren't taking up space inside the main Roll20. I know that and I use it, but my players (gentlemen of a certain age) struggle with it.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Lexin said: Jesse said: Just making sure you know there's an option in the settings to use pop out windows for character sheets so they aren't taking up space inside the main Roll20. I know that and I use it, but my players (gentlemen of a certain age) struggle with it. I resemble that remark.&nbsp; ;-p
Note that a number of Roll20 features do not work when a character sheet is popped out in a separate browser window. See the wiki here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets#Character_Sheet_in_a_separate_window" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheets#Character_Sheet_in_a_separate_window</a>
i would love this
Kenton said: The work required to the character sheet system has been identified and is being documented for estimation. The next step will be to schedule that work. Excellent news. I've been craving this feature and can't wait to see it implemented.
+1
+1 upvote
+1 Yas queen