Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

CombatMaster 2.0

Thanks all.  I found the Ribbons hidden on my previous page at a totally random position, the current player ribbon was on the GM layer?  Thanks for the tip, found them deleted them and now all working. 
Sr. K
Pro
Sheet Author
MajorAlan said: Thanks all.  I found the Ribbons hidden on my previous page at a totally random position, the current player ribbon was on the GM layer?  Thanks for the tip, found them deleted them and now all working.  Sr. K  said: The players ribbon is that red thing that you move over pages, turn markers appear always in the ribbon map. You can delete them by ending combat in the right page also.
Diego M. said: Jay R. said: Are you on the Player Ribbon page? CM won't work properly if you're not on that page. Well, this fixed my issue, which i was also having. Thank you Jay R!! No problem! We've all made that mistake. :)
MajorAlan said: Thanks all.  I found the Ribbons hidden on my previous page at a totally random position, the current player ribbon was on the GM layer?  Thanks for the tip, found them deleted them and now all working.  Ah, you fixed your own issue, then. The two color halos you're referring to are CM only. The Player ribbon is the red bookmark that you drag on the Page toolbar to move players from one page to another. Anyhow, glad you worked it ou!
In a thread it was remarked you can crash the api by clicking help too early, As it can lead to empty help handouts, can i ask to to fix this bug in next version? Thanks. &nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9721544/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9721544/</a>
Hello, I was giving this script a run through today (long-time Combat Tracker user) and have not been able to get the concentration function to work. I have use concentration, add marker, and check for save all set to true (under conce n tration). I also have auto add spells set to true and OGL sheet selected (under status). When I select tokens and have them cast concentration spells it does not add a marker or announce that the character is concentrating, nor does it check for a save when I reduce hit points in the selected bar (bar 3 in my case). I have the Combat Tracker, Statusinfo, and Concentration scripts disabled. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any advice!
Michael d. said: Hello, I was giving this script a run through today (long-time Combat Tracker user) and have not been able to get the concentration function to work. I have use concentration, add marker, and check for save all set to true (under conce n tration). I also have auto add spells set to true and OGL sheet selected (under status). When I select tokens and have them cast concentration spells it does not add a marker or announce that the character is concentrating, nor does it check for a save when I reduce hit points in the selected bar (bar 3 in my case). I have the Combat Tracker, Statusinfo, and Concentration scripts disabled. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any advice! Make sure you're testing on the page with the Player Ribbon. Make sure you have a Concentration spell (not just having Concentration on in CM as a feature -- you need to create a spell for it). Otherwise, CM won't know what condition and status marker to use. Make sure this Concentration spell itself does not use Concentration (set that to false).

Edited 1611270469
Thanks very much, I was on the page with the ribbon. I tried again and did manage to get CM to add two concentration spells (although it would not recognize a third - Hunter's mark). It added new markers and a spell/condition entry for each of them in the list, but it did not announce that the character was concentrating (maybe CM doesn't do this) and most importantly it did not roll a save when I reduced hit points whether I had concentration set to true or false in that spell's (condition) setup. I assume that is what you are referring to in your last sentence, please let me know if I misunderstood. Any ideas? By the way, is there a way to add the spells to track concentration (and loss thereof) without clogging up the conditions list? My players are 13th level, so the list would be just massive. I would love to get CM to operate in the fashion of the old simple Concentration script - place a marker on token when a concentration spell is cast and then automatically roll a save whenever they lost hit points. Is this possible? Thanks again for any suggestions!
Alright, I have had some success in adding spells and getting it to recognize them as concentration, marking the token, and rolling for saves when hp are reduced (by the way, in these cases the concentration value in the setup panel for each is true). However, I seem to only have about a 50% success rate of it recognizing and adding new spells. In some cases CM just doesn't register that a new spell was cast, in others it adds the spell to the conditions list (with the concentration value set to true), but does not ask me to select a token that is concentrating and track it. I would appreciate any dieas.
Michael d. said: Alright, I have had some success in adding spells and getting it to recognize them as concentration, marking the token, and rolling for saves when hp are reduced (by the way, in these cases the concentration value in the setup panel for each is true). However, I seem to only have about a 50% success rate of it recognizing and adding new spells. In some cases CM just doesn't register that a new spell was cast, in others it adds the spell to the conditions list (with the concentration value set to true), but does not ask me to select a token that is concentrating and track it. I would appreciate any dieas. Yeah, in response to your earlier post and this one, CM can't assign concentration the very first time you cast the spell, because that's when it auto-adds and adds the spell to CM. Each time after that for a given spell, though, you should be fine, as long as the spell name in CM matches the spell name exactly.&nbsp; For each spell in CM, edit the spell and make sure it's got the right targets (either caster only or caster and targets; the former if you just need to track duration on the caster, the latter if the spell affects other creatures, like Bless). If it's a preset duration, make sure Override is off on the CM spell, and enter the proper duration (e.g. a 1-minute spell would be 10 duration with -1 to count it down to 0 after 10 rounds). CM will add the Concentration marker to the caster and the CM spell marker to the caster and any targets (if applicable). To your question about just auto-assigning Conc for each spell, if you want that kind of simplicity and don't care about tracking duration of each condition, I would say don't use CM's Concentration. Just use the old Concentration script (although for me it stopped auto-rolling the saves, which is a big reason why I started using CM's concentration).&nbsp;
Thanks for the reply. I figured out that I need to try it again after auto-add, but truthfully I just can't get this thing to work. In many cases it won't track duration for any spells longer than the default (1 round). If I change the duration I just get a blank red dot and no sense that it is counting down. Other times it won't make the concentration check, many other times it just won't recognize new spells (concentration or not). Obviously many people are using this successfully, so maybe there it something with my set up, but I just can't get it to work consistently. Pity. Have you had success having it auto add all the spells or have you had to enter many of them manually? I tried entering one manually and it won't recognize it as a concentration spell.&nbsp;

Edited 1611283434
lol - the growing pains of using CM ... People not realizing the Player Ribbon is not on the page they tried it on ... lmao As far as the Concentration, I personally think that It should be an API by itself at this point.&nbsp; I know Victor wants to avoid bloat, and the demands on CM are already great enough as is.&nbsp; If the old Concentration API was updated, by itself, separately, it would avoid the bloat and integration problems.&nbsp; It would allow for more flexibility also.&nbsp; One of the things I noticed in the old Concentration was that it would show NPC and PC Concentrations under the same setting.&nbsp; Hiding rolls, I'd rather GM controlled concentration checks be made hidden, while PCs can see their own check.&nbsp; Also would like to use the libTokenMarkers.&nbsp; And unlike current rollout - both old by bug and CM by design - I'd like it to autoroll.&nbsp; The only integration CM should take into account is being able to display concentration, and perhaps counting it down, if it can pair with a different API to do that.&nbsp; Otherwise, maybe CM should be out of the Concentration checking game, leaving that to a separate API.&nbsp; Moving all the spell knowledge, concentration duties and timers, over to another API would trim down the bloat and other issues in trying to integrate this functionality to CM.
Michael d. said: Thanks for the reply. I figured out that I need to try it again after auto-add, but truthfully I just can't get this thing to work. In many cases it won't track duration for any spells longer than the default (1 round). If I change the duration I just get a blank red dot and no sense that it is counting down. Other times it won't make the concentration check, many other times it just won't recognize new spells (concentration or not). Obviously many people are using this successfully, so maybe there it something with my set up, but I just can't get it to work consistently. Pity. Have you had success having it auto add all the spells or have you had to enter many of them manually? I tried entering one manually and it won't recognize it as a concentration spell.&nbsp; CM has auto-added just about every spell requiring Concentration that I've needed. As for duration, have you looked at the spell in CM for each spell you added? You set the duration and then the countdown via the "Direction" setting. To count down, just enter -1 and it will subtract every round. That's for spells where the duration is fixed (like Invisibility or Bless). For spells with custom duration, set the Override setting to true for the spell and enter whatever values you want when the spell is actually cast, at runtime.
Wolf Thunderspirit said: lol - the growing pains of using CM ... People not realizing the Player Ribbon is not on the page they tried it on ... lmao As far as the Concentration, I personally think that It should be an API by itself at this point.&nbsp; I know Victor wants to avoid bloat, and the demands on CM are already great enough as is.&nbsp; If the old Concentration API was updated, by itself, separately, it would avoid the bloat and integration problems.&nbsp; It would allow for more flexibility also.&nbsp; One of the things I noticed in the old Concentration was that it would show NPC and PC Concentrations under the same setting.&nbsp; Hiding rolls, I'd rather GM controlled concentration checks be made hidden, while PCs can see their own check.&nbsp; Also would like to use the libTokenMarkers.&nbsp; And unlike current rollout - both old by bug and CM by design - I'd like it to autoroll.&nbsp; The only integration CM should take into account is being able to display concentration, and perhaps counting it down, if it can pair with a different API to do that.&nbsp; Otherwise, maybe CM should be out of the Concentration checking game, leaving that to a separate API.&nbsp; Moving all the spell knowledge, concentration duties and timers, over to another API would trim down the bloat and other issues in trying to integrate this functionality to CM. Fair point. Maybe, instead of CM handling Concentration, Victor could just update and improve the old Concentration script and hook it into CM.&nbsp; I do like tracking duration and specific spells that require Concentration, as well as their targets. It's nice to fire Bless, for example, and see the round countdown on the caster, as well as the Bless marker on every target. Would I like auto-roll Con saves, like the old script? Sure. But it's not a huge issue for me, particularly since my players really enjoy rolling their own saves.&nbsp;

Edited 1611292741
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also make sure that you set the bars (what is wound bar).&nbsp; Don't take the default, set it.&nbsp; The old CM is incorporated.&nbsp; Not going there.&nbsp; Use old concentration if you want.&nbsp; It's not supported.&nbsp; Your call

Edited 1611313946
Victor B. said: Also make sure that you set the bars (what is wound bar).&nbsp; Don't take the default, set it.&nbsp; The old CM is incorporated.&nbsp; Not going there.&nbsp; Use old concentration if you want.&nbsp; It's not supported.&nbsp; Your call I just figured integrating the two was causing an extreme handling issue with both trying to work together in the same package, where it might be easier to make a parted out suite at this point. They also seem to have somewhat different functions. But I would like to see if any other modders/ coders would like to take that on.&nbsp; I know Victor has his hands full with CM being as rich as it is.&nbsp; His idea of tracking&nbsp; spells from the spells themselves is a good one.&nbsp; I'd also like to see concentration checks be run automatically though. There is also the Death script in Robin's repertoire to think of.&nbsp; Again, more of a 'add if you want to', not 'add because it's built in'.&nbsp; I think at this point there is interoperability, but with the amount of codelines already, separating them may be clutch. Just my opinion, mind you...
Wolf Thunderspirit said: They also seem to have somewhat different functions . But I would like to see if any other modders/ coders would like to take that on.&nbsp; I know Victor has his hands full with CM being as rich as it is.&nbsp; His idea of tracking&nbsp; spells from the spells themselves is a good one.&nbsp; I'd also like to see concentration checks be run automatically though. There is also the Death script in Robin's repertoire to think of.&nbsp; Again, more of a 'add if you want to', not 'add because it's built in'.&nbsp; I think at this point there is interoperability, but with the amount of codelines already, separating them may be clutch. Just my opinion, mind you... The part in bold is bang on. How CM handles Concentration is different, in both practice and principle, from the old Concentration script. If you prefer simple auto-add of Concentration and you don't want to track specific spells and their duration, the old version is best for you. It took me awhile to vibe with how CM handled Concentration, but I love it now that I've got it set up and running. No more manually figuring who's affected by Bless and for how long; when the spell is cast, I select the targets, choose the caster for duration, and everything appears and counts down each turn. I don't really care about auto Con checks, because my players like making those important rolls themselves (and there may be abilities that allow rerolls or bonuses that would complicate a straight auto-roll). So CM Concentration is best for me. But YMMV as always... On the Death script, at this point IMO there's nothing there that couldn't be replicated by any one of the "on bloodied or dying" scriptlets made by The Aaron and others over the years, in conjunction with a good Tokenmod damage macro. I don't know that CM needs to get involved with that TBH.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oh I didn't catch that.&nbsp; Both are running at same time?&nbsp; That may cause unforeseen issues.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I didn't catch that either. I assumed the OP was only using CM and not the old Concentration script.
Hi All, Many thanks for the replies, I really appreciate your time and expertise. To recap. I always had the ribbon on the page I was using, I did not have CM and the old Concentration script running at the same time. I did manually set the wound bar, duration, and count down. Despite these things I still had the follwing problems: 1. CM will not recognize and auto add all concentration spells when first cast. 2. Generally speaking, any duration greater than 3 will not show in the icon or count down. 3. It will not reliably show the swirl icons indicating current and next turns or announce turns in chat. I do like many aspects of this script, including counting down spell duration, but just can't get it to run correctly with any regularity. Are there any known conflicts besides the old CT, Statusinfo, and Concentration?
Michael d. said: Hi All, Many thanks for the replies, I really appreciate your time and expertise. To recap. I always had the ribbon on the page I was using, I did not have CM and the old Concentration script running at the same time. I did manually set the wound bar, duration, and count down. Despite these things I still had the follwing problems: 1. CM will not recognize and auto add all concentration spells when first cast. 2. Generally speaking, any duration greater than 3 will not show in the icon or count down. 3. It will not reliably show the swirl icons indicating current and next turns or announce turns in chat. I do like many aspects of this script, including counting down spell duration, but just can't get it to run correctly with any regularity. Are there any known conflicts besides the old CT, Statusinfo, and Concentration? Those are all odd behaviors which shouldn't be happening. Hmm. Are you using Combat Master to start combat? What I mean is, you need to run !cmaster --main and then start combat (the play button) with at least one token selected in order for things to work properly. I have run into odd behavior where selecting a bunch of tokens and running GroupInitiative on its own starts combat but ignores the first token in the turn sequence. This latter behavior seems to be a bug and I've already posted about it. Which initiative method are you using in CM? CM's own inish or GroupInitiative? Are you running the latest version of CM? When you say duration won't work beyond 3, does that apply even for spells with a fixed duration? For example, greater invisibility lasts one minute, so in the CM spell, you should have a duration of 10 with a direction of -1, no overrides, concentration set to true, and the exact same name for the CM spell as for the actual spell. Then whenever someone casts greater invisibility, it should trigger. Sorry for all the questions. I'm just trying to figure out why you're running into these problems.

Edited 1611332637
I really appreciate all the questions. I was not having CM roll initiative b/c my players like to roll it themselves. I was using group-init on its own for testing, but I just tried it with CM running its own init and group-init with the same results. I have the latest CM, or at least the latest available through one-click. The spell names are the same, I set duration and direction, no overrides, concentration on true and I just get a blank red dot without a number and it does not count down. I also cannot get it to reliably ask for a target for spells marked as targeted.&nbsp; Sorry to be such a bother.&nbsp; I did notice something - I removed the script and reinstalled it with one-click on my test game and it had kept all of my preferences from before. I am pretty close to throwing in the towel, as I am currently using CT, Conc, and Statusinfo on their own successfully, but ti would be nice to package them all together and to track spell durations.
Michael d. said: I really appreciate all the questions. I was not having CM roll initiative b/c my players like to roll it themselves. I was using group-init on its own for testing, but I just tried it with CM running its own init and group-init with the same results. I have the latest CM, or at least the latest available through one-click. The spell names are the same, I set duration and direction, no overrides, concentration on true and I just get a blank red dot without a number and it does not count down. I also cannot get it to reliably ask for a target for spells marked as targeted.&nbsp; Sorry to be such a bother.&nbsp; Ah, ok. My players also like to roll initiative themselves. So what I do is let them roll initiative but use CM for monsters. So after players have rolled, I run !cmaster --main, select whatever monsters are part of the encounter, and hit that play button. This starts combat properly and sends the swirl to the first token in the turn tracker (I use GroupInitiative in CM, rather than CM's built-in initiative). The problem here is that running GroupInitiative on its own, without clicking that play button, produces the unexpected effect I described earlier, where the first token isn't counted and you have to run the next command in CM to get things going (including the swirl). For the spell with the red dot, you're sure it's a spell, not a condition? Also, have you assigned a status marker to that spell?
Lots of great content here! One thing I only recently discovered from Combat Tracker was that it will auto-run an ability from the character sheet at the start of that character's turn, if that ability is named correctly. So, for example, if I have a monster with a bunch of different actions, I can have the %{Monster Name|CT_TURN} ability fire at the start of its turn, and the ability is defined as %{Monster Name|Multiattack} %{Monster Name|Recharge Ability} %{Monster Name|Other Action} etc. It can also prompt for things like regeneration for trolls and revenants. How can I get CombatMaster to auto-run an ability like that at the start of each character's turn? I see that I can define a macro to run at the start of each turn, but I don't understand how to make that fire an ability from the character sheet.
Jay R. said: Ah, ok. My players also like to roll initiative themselves. So what I do is let them roll initiative but use CM for monsters. So after players have rolled, I run !cmaster --main, select whatever monsters are part of the encounter, and hit that play button. This starts combat properly and sends the swirl to the first token in the turn tracker (I use GroupInitiative in CM, rather than CM's built-in initiative). The problem here is that running GroupInitiative on its own, without clicking that play button, produces the unexpected effect I described earlier, where the first token isn't counted and you have to run the next command in CM to get things going (including the swirl). For the spell with the red dot, you're sure it's a spell, not a condition? Also, have you assigned a status marker to that spell? I just ran it as described above and can't get the swirl. The swirl was working whenI tried it in a different game yesterday. I confimed that the spells are listed as such (not a condition). I was using the default status marker for the spells (red dot). I will give it one more try on an old game and see what happens. Thanks for your patience.
Michael d. said: Jay R. said: Ah, ok. My players also like to roll initiative themselves. So what I do is let them roll initiative but use CM for monsters. So after players have rolled, I run !cmaster --main, select whatever monsters are part of the encounter, and hit that play button. This starts combat properly and sends the swirl to the first token in the turn tracker (I use GroupInitiative in CM, rather than CM's built-in initiative). The problem here is that running GroupInitiative on its own, without clicking that play button, produces the unexpected effect I described earlier, where the first token isn't counted and you have to run the next command in CM to get things going (including the swirl). For the spell with the red dot, you're sure it's a spell, not a condition? Also, have you assigned a status marker to that spell? I just ran it as described above and can't get the swirl. The swirl was working whenI tried it in a different game yesterday. I confimed that the spells are listed as such (not a condition). I was using the default status marker for the spells (red dot). I will give it one more try on an old game and see what happens. Thanks for your patience. No problem. As for the red dot, you need to assign a unique status marker to each spell or else you won't get duration (and it might confuse Combat Master).&nbsp; I've attached some screenshots of my game for your reference. If you still can't figure it out, you might ask Victor (the script creator) if he could take a look at your game.&nbsp;
One more shot of my Concentration spell setup:
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Michael, Send me a pm to your game and once I've joined, promote me to GM and I'll see what's going on.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Thanks very much Jay. Following your example and installing on a different game I have had more success. I was not assigning the targeted/targeted api, which may have caused some trouble. Anyway, I ran a few rounds of combat and it was correctly moving the swirls, announcing turns in chat, and counting down rounds for spells for both caster and targets. So far so good! It also detected that a save was necessary when I reduced hp, but it did not auto roll the save, instead if gave me this message:&nbsp; Carric Silverleaf &nbsp;must make a Concentration Check -&nbsp; DC 10 . I do have Check for Save on true in concentration, so I am not sure what is up. At any rate, this is a big improvement and I definitely think that I will use it in my current games. It looks like I will need to add some custom tokens though to keep all the spells separate. May I ask where you got the ones in the screenshot above? Thanks again for all your help! One last question - I was interested by your list of favorites in CM above. I thought that I would probably not favorite all the spells so that I could easily display and apply conditions. How do you yourself apply conditions using CM?
Ok, so, I figured out some of this. I defined a global macro as %{CharName Substitution|ability name from character sheet} and then tell Combat Master to run that global macro at the start of a turn. That fires the ability from the sheet. However, when the macro fires and calls the ability from the sheet, if I've defined the ability as a call to other abilities, I just get the content of the ability name. For example, I have a Bearded Devil, and when its turn starts, I'd like to have the Multiattack ability show in chat to remind me what my options are. If I run %{Bearded Devil|CT_TURN} (which is programmed to run %{Bearded Devil|Multiattack}, it works just fine. But when Combat Master runs the Turn-Start macro (which uses the appropriate CharName substitution) to run the CT_TURN ability, I get "-LworP9TtJ4mO1Yc3ViA|repeating_npcaction_-LworPR3Uz8jsolGdiZL_npc_action" output to chat. The content of Multiattack is &nbsp;%{-LworP9TtJ4mO1Yc3ViA|repeating_npcaction_-LworPR3Uz8jsolGdiZL_npc_action}. So, what seems to be happening is that Combat Master is stripping out the % and {} from the third layer (i.e., CM runs #Turn-Start, which fires %{charname|CT_TURN}, which returns only -LworP9TtJ4mO1Yc3ViA|repeating_npcaction_-LworPR3Uz8jsolGdiZL_npc_action , which does not do anything). Colin C. said: Lots of great content here! One thing I only recently discovered from Combat Tracker was that it will auto-run an ability from the character sheet at the start of that character's turn, if that ability is named correctly. So, for example, if I have a monster with a bunch of different actions, I can have the %{Monster Name|CT_TURN} ability fire at the start of its turn, and the ability is defined as %{Monster Name|Multiattack} %{Monster Name|Recharge Ability} %{Monster Name|Other Action} etc. It can also prompt for things like regeneration for trolls and revenants. How can I get CombatMaster to auto-run an ability like that at the start of each character's turn? I see that I can define a macro to run at the start of each turn, but I don't understand how to make that fire an ability from the character sheet.
Victor B. said: Michael, Send me a pm to your game and once I've joined, promote me to GM and I'll see what's going on.&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks so much for the offer Victor, but I think that I might have it worked out, except for the auto rolling concentration saves. I will send an invite anyway just in case you catch something.&nbsp;
Michael d. said: Thanks very much Jay. Following your example and installing on a different game I have had more success. I was not assigning the targeted/targeted api, which may have caused some trouble. Anyway, I ran a few rounds of combat and it was correctly moving the swirls, announcing turns in chat, and counting down rounds for spells for both caster and targets. So far so good! It also detected that a save was necessary when I reduced hp, but it did not auto roll the save, instead if gave me this message:&nbsp; Carric Silverleaf &nbsp;must make a Concentration Check -&nbsp; DC 10 . I do have Check for Save on true in concentration, so I am not sure what is up. At any rate, this is a big improvement and I definitely think that I will use it in my current games. It looks like I will need to add some custom tokens though to keep all the spells separate. May I ask where you got the ones in the screenshot above? Thanks again for all your help! One last question - I was interested by your list of favorites in CM above. I thought that I would probably not favorite all the spells so that I could easily display and apply conditions. How do you yourself apply conditions using CM? Hi Michael. Glad I could help! :) Right now, CM doesn't auto-roll the Concentration check, it just gives you the save DC. That's something I know users want, though I myself am not bothered by its absence (my players like to roll their own checks and the old Concentration script had stopped auto-rolling for me anyway). But at least you've got your game going now! As for favorites, yeah, those are the spells and conditions that come up most often in my game. So whenever I need to apply a condition, I do one of two things: 1. Run !cmaster --main by way of a macro I have in my quick bar. I also have macros on the quick bar to advance initiative, back up initiative, stop combat, and show conditions on a token. The latter is useful for quickly removing conditions or spells -- just select the token, hit show conditions, then trash-can whatever you want to remove. A few of them are below. You can always get a command by arrowing up in the chat after you've hit a button in Combat Master. It will show you the command to run. #Next Turn !cmaster --turn,next #Show conditions on token !cmaster --show,assigned #stop combat !cmaster --turn,stop --main 2. Run another macro from my quick bar that has a partial list of conditions to add. It's a bit out of date, but: !cmaster --add,condition=?{Add Condition or Spell|concentration|grappled|greater invisibility|haste|hidden|incapacitated|invisibility|lifedrained|mage armor|paralyzed|petrified|poisoned|prone|readied|restrained|stunned|unconscious|vowofenmity},duration=?{Duration|1},direction=?{Direction|0}&nbsp;
Thanks! I was using a macro to apply and remove conditions using Statusinfo. I will use yours as a model for doing the same using CM.&nbsp; Thanks again for all the help!
Michael d. said: Thanks! I was using a macro to apply and remove conditions using Statusinfo. I will use yours as a model for doing the same using CM.&nbsp; Thanks again for all the help! No problem! I'm glad CM worked out for you, finally. And don't hesitate to post again if you run into further issues. The user community on these forums is great, and part of how I learned the Roll20 ropes.
As best I can tell, I have the same config in my CombatMaster, but I get no notifications when the concentrating pc gets hit. Jay R. said: Michael d. said: Thanks very much Jay. Following your example and installing on a different game I have had more success. I was not assigning the targeted/targeted api, which may have caused some trouble. Anyway, I ran a few rounds of combat and it was correctly moving the swirls, announcing turns in chat, and counting down rounds for spells for both caster and targets. So far so good! It also detected that a save was necessary when I reduced hp, but it did not auto roll the save, instead if gave me this message:&nbsp; Carric Silverleaf &nbsp;must make a Concentration Check -&nbsp; DC 10 . I do have Check for Save on true in concentration, so I am not sure what is up. At any rate, this is a big improvement and I definitely think that I will use it in my current games. It looks like I will need to add some custom tokens though to keep all the spells separate. May I ask where you got the ones in the screenshot above? Thanks again for all your help! One last question - I was interested by your list of favorites in CM above. I thought that I would probably not favorite all the spells so that I could easily display and apply conditions. How do you yourself apply conditions using CM? Hi Michael. Glad I could help! :) Right now, CM doesn't auto-roll the Concentration check, it just gives you the save DC. That's something I know users want, though I myself am not bothered by its absence (my players like to roll their own checks and the old Concentration script had stopped auto-rolling for me anyway). But at least you've got your game going now! As for favorites, yeah, those are the spells and conditions that come up most often in my game. So whenever I need to apply a condition, I do one of two things: 1. Run !cmaster --main by way of a macro I have in my quick bar. I also have macros on the quick bar to advance initiative, back up initiative, stop combat, and show conditions on a token. The latter is useful for quickly removing conditions or spells -- just select the token, hit show conditions, then trash-can whatever you want to remove. A few of them are below. You can always get a command by arrowing up in the chat after you've hit a button in Combat Master. It will show you the command to run. #Next Turn !cmaster --turn,next #Show conditions on token !cmaster --show,assigned #stop combat !cmaster --turn,stop --main 2. Run another macro from my quick bar that has a partial list of conditions to add. It's a bit out of date, but: !cmaster --add,condition=?{Add Condition or Spell|concentration|grappled|greater invisibility|haste|hidden|incapacitated|invisibility|lifedrained|mage armor|paralyzed|petrified|poisoned|prone|readied|restrained|stunned|unconscious|vowofenmity},duration=?{Duration|1},direction=?{Direction|0}&nbsp;
Colin C. said: As best I can tell, I have the same config in my CombatMaster, but I get no notifications when the concentrating pc gets hit. Hmm. It's been a while since my party had to save due to damage taken while concentrating. I'll check tonight and see if my notifications are appearing.
Michael d. said: It looks like I will need to add some custom tokens though to keep all the spells separate. May I ask where you got the ones in the screenshot above? Forgot to answer this. My status markers are a mix of Sidequest Battlemaps Status Markers, Heroic Markers, and Odinson's Markers, all available for purchase from the Roll20 Marketplace.
@Colin I don't think CM is able to pass macros that contain ability calls or attribute calls, something to do with how it handles curly braces, I think. You'll need to set those as strictly macros, or use the script OnMyTurn. I use the CM turn macros for stuff that isn't character specific, but I like OnMyTurn for things that are character specific (like for an ability a player has that only lasts a round and toggles a buff to 'on' on the sheet, I use OMT to run a 'toggle off' ability on that character's every turn).
If you're referring to this script , I'm not sure that does what it purports to do, either. At least not with my current setup. I created an ability called "OnMyTurn" and had it reference another ability, same I'm attempting to do here, and now nothing happens at start of turn. I suppose I'm having trouble understanding what the point of using the charname, etc. substitutions viz macro call at start of turn. Persephone said: @Colin I don't think CM is able to pass macros that contain ability calls or attribute calls, something to do with how it handles curly braces, I think. You'll need to set those as strictly macros, or use the script OnMyTurn. I use the CM turn macros for stuff that isn't character specific, but I like OnMyTurn for things that are character specific (like for an ability a player has that only lasts a round and toggles a buff to 'on' on the sheet, I use OMT to run a 'toggle off' ability on that character's every turn).

Edited 1611383233
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The substitutions are to replace your substitution with an actual value.&nbsp; You want to use a substitution called tokenidentifier.&nbsp; CM will substitute with the actual token id because you tied tokenidentifier with token id.&nbsp; So if using token-mod, !token-mod --ids tokenidentifer will replace with !token-mod --ids &lt;actual token id&gt;.&nbsp; I did this because I didn't want to force users to always user tokenidentifier as the substitution string.&nbsp; You might like tid or tokenid or something else in your api syntax.&nbsp;&nbsp; You need to create substitution strings for token id, character id, player id (if calling token-mod) and there's a 4th but I forget.&nbsp; It's been a while.&nbsp; Call the substitution string whatever you want and make sure that substitution string is in your API call and it will replace sub string with the actual value (token id/char id/player id/etc)
No dice. I run into the same basic issue. From the Turn Order menu, I've set the Beginning of Each Turn Macro call to Turn-Start. Turn-Start refers to %{tokenidentifier [or charidentifier, or charname] |OnMyTurn}. My character sheet has an ability called OnMyTurn, which refers to %{ monster name |Multiattack}. When it's the monster's turn, Combat Master generates a message that says characterid of monster |repeating_npcaction_ rowid of npcaction _npc_action. I've tried using tokenidentifier , which does not even call the ability--it stops at tokenidentifier |OnMyTurn as the output. Charname &nbsp;and charidentifier &nbsp;both resolve the same. I appreciate all your work in making a comprehensive script! Victor B. said: The substitutions are to replace your substitution with an actual value.&nbsp; You want to use a substitution called tokenidentifier.&nbsp; CM will substitute with the actual token id because you tied tokenidentifier with token id.&nbsp; So if using token-mod, !token-mod --ids tokenidentifer will replace with !token-mod --ids &lt;actual token id&gt;.&nbsp; I did this because I didn't want to force users to always user tokenidentifier as the substitution string.&nbsp; You might like tid or tokenid or something else in your api syntax.&nbsp;&nbsp; You need to create substitution strings for token id, character id, player id (if calling token-mod) and there's a 4th but I forget.&nbsp; It's been a while.&nbsp; Call the substitution string whatever you want and make sure that substitution string is in your API call and it will replace sub string with the actual value (token id/char id/player id/etc)
HI.&nbsp; I'm trying to use this instead of Combat Tracker.&nbsp; When I put&nbsp;!cmaster --main into the chat box nothing happens.&nbsp; I tried using a monster token too..&nbsp; I'm just on a random map, not a campaign I'm running.&nbsp;
JASON H. said: HI.&nbsp; I'm trying to use this instead of Combat Tracker.&nbsp; When I put&nbsp;!cmaster --main into the chat box nothing happens.&nbsp; I tried using a monster token too..&nbsp; I'm just on a random map, not a campaign I'm running.&nbsp; Do you have Combat Master installed, either from the one-click or the github, in the game you're testing on Roll20? Is your API functional? (does it need a restart?)
ok, it was some weird glitch in he API, failed to load, but I got CM to start now.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Well, still having some issues .&nbsp; Dragged a bunch monsters together from Icewind Dale token page and hit the CM initiative button.&nbsp; They're all sorted and there, but hitting "next" doesn't show the orange circle and the map doesn't center on the token.&nbsp; It just advances to the next initiative order.&nbsp;
Make sure you have the player ribbon on the page your testing on.
Yep, that fixed it!&nbsp; I should have known it was something simple like that.&nbsp; Thank you
So I need to disable Combat Tracker and Status before installing this one.&nbsp; It does look rather powerful.&nbsp; I will have to read this thread in detail.&nbsp; :)

Edited 1611435370
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Depending on CT version try doing an export from CT, copy and paste into notepad or similar, then try doing an import into CM.&nbsp; It can work.&nbsp; If you haven't really added much to CT/SI then don't bother and start fresh.&nbsp; You will need to remove CT/SI&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Colin, please post the entire macro here.&nbsp;&nbsp;