Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 3.5 Sheet upgrade

vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hoyer said: I understand what do you mean, there is a big difference from the 3.5 and Pathfinder sheet: the first is maintained by the community (currently I'm the "community", I'm a pretty good software developer, but I do it in my free time); Pathfinder is maintained by Roll20. The 3.5 sheet is "very old", so when I make a change I must be careful (if you read the previous page you can understand), there are a lot of players who have spent a lot of time to create their own macro, so it's not possible to change the sheet drastically. Modify this huge sheet it's not easy, I would have liked to create a new sheet (3.5 - 2.0 hahahaha), so there would be two sheets, I could have created the sheet from the beginning, but is not possible. I like D&D 3.5 and I like write code, so I'm here. Glad to see you are updating the 3.5 sheet.  Nearly every point you've made about the 3.5 sheet can also be said of the PF Community sheet and my experience keeping it a float. ;-) Cheers
Hoyer, by no means did I want to discourage you from your work. in fact, I have a lot of admiration and respect for him. Preparing adventures with the 3.5 sheet is a lot laborious for me and the Pathfinder sheet have many facilities. I realy love the 3.5 game so much that i play 3.5 in a pathfinder sheet. i was very upset when Wizard give up the 3.5 edition.  i encourages you to try to make the PCGen a source of importing characters. Is a open source software with a lot of functions.  Some weeks ago me and my RPG friends was talking about our adolescence when we start to play together (15 years ago). If we had invested in virtual games, today we could program a lot of useful codes. Only 1 of us did college in programming and coding area (but dont like to coding out of the work) , i'm mechanical engineer, another is chemical, another is a acolyte in the church...
Eradan said: So if I understand the changes, we went from Is that right? Thank you for the clarification. I'm not sure I'll ever use a and A though. Yes, you are right. Eradan  said: Thank you for the clarification. I'm not sure I'll ever use a and A though. Maybe you will not use it, maybe another player will use this new button.   It's an option.
vÍnce said: Nearly every point you've made about the 3.5 sheet can also be said of the PF Community sheet and my experience keeping it a float. ;-) Cheers Yes, I saw many of your posts, they've been very helpful, this whole community is amazing, not only sheet-developers but also who share all info on this forum!!!!
Menat W. said: Hoyer, by no means did I want to discourage you from your work. in fact, I have a lot of admiration and respect for him. Preparing adventures with the 3.5 sheet is a lot laborious for me and the Pathfinder sheet have many facilities. I realy love the 3.5 game so much that i play 3.5 in a pathfinder sheet. i was very upset when Wizard give up the 3.5 edition.  i encourages you to try to make the PCGen a source of importing characters. Is a open source software with a lot of functions.  Some weeks ago me and my RPG friends was talking about our adolescence when we start to play together (15 years ago). If we had invested in virtual games, today we could program a lot of useful codes. Only 1 of us did college in programming and coding area (but dont like to coding out of the work) , i'm mechanical engineer, another is chemical, another is a acolyte in the church... Hahaha, don't worry!!! I know PCGen, but I don't know it's possible import data into pathfinder sheet, which is the format used to import data?

Edited 1632442647
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hoyer said: Menat W. said: Hoyer, by no means did I want to discourage you from your work. in fact, I have a lot of admiration and respect for him. Preparing adventures with the 3.5 sheet is a lot laborious for me and the Pathfinder sheet have many facilities. I realy love the 3.5 game so much that i play 3.5 in a pathfinder sheet. i was very upset when Wizard give up the 3.5 edition.  i encourages you to try to make the PCGen a source of importing characters. Is a open source software with a lot of functions.  Some weeks ago me and my RPG friends was talking about our adolescence when we start to play together (15 years ago). If we had invested in virtual games, today we could program a lot of useful codes. Only 1 of us did college in programming and coding area (but dont like to coding out of the work) , i'm mechanical engineer, another is chemical, another is a acolyte in the church... Hahaha, don't worry!!! I know PCGen, but I don't know it's possible import data into pathfinder sheet, which is the format used to import data? I believe the pathfinder companion (PFC)  script  might be able to import a "properly" formatted, text-based, PCgen statblock. ( info about importing  with PFC).
This isn't super important or anything, but it's just bugging me that I can't figure it out... I'm starting in a Roll20 3.5 game on the weekend and I filled out my character sheet last night. I am playing a race with an increased movement speed of 40ft, instead of the regular 30ft. On the sheet, on the equipment page, there is a move speed of 30 auto-entered under the encumbered section. You can't change the 30 in that box, and when you mouse over it, you see the attribute 'encumbrspeed30' listed... which means, somewhere on the sheet, you should be able to modify that built in attribute so that it shows a different base speed. I looked under the stats and attributes page, but I don't see an 'encumbrspeed' attribute listed that I can modify.... does anyone know if it's possible to change this at all?
Keith D. said: This isn't super important or anything, but it's just bugging me that I can't figure it out... I'm starting in a Roll20 3.5 game on the weekend and I filled out my character sheet last night. I am playing a race with an increased movement speed of 40ft, instead of the regular 30ft. On the sheet, on the equipment page, there is a move speed of 30 auto-entered under the encumbered section. You can't change the 30 in that box, and when you mouse over it, you see the attribute 'encumbrspeed30' listed... which means, somewhere on the sheet, you should be able to modify that built in attribute so that it shows a different base speed. I looked under the stats and attributes page, but I don't see an 'encumbrspeed' attribute listed that I can modify.... does anyone know if it's possible to change this at all? Hi Keith, it's quite easy change it: now the formula use always 30 ft, but I can change and use the value of the ' speed ' (in the first tab); moreover I can add a field "scaling factor" to convert ft in a different unit of measure in "misc" section.
My group has been playing 3.5 and are looking at the weapon changes tonight. Losing the Full Attack + Damage is abysmal. Losing the confirmation on criticals for Full attack is also extremely inconvenient. Is there a reason for these changes? Can they be reverted? The changes have been making our 3.5 experience actively worse after using the same sheet for the past few years.

Edited 1632625548
I do appreciate the effort to update the old sheet and I welcome the changes. Its looks like you're updating the sheet to be more inline with the 5e sheet, I really enjoy the the new class and HD section which is great. however the updates to the attack macros have been confusing and hard to figure out. A lot of my old Marcos are broken since I used custom ones to add in attacks and bonus damages. I think you only need an Attack, Full Attack and Damage Macro. There arent many situations i've come across where im rolling an attack and dont want to see the damage. Similarly making a full attack and not showing damage is very strange and almost feels like a bug. The changes to the spell list is good to start since before it was basically unusable. The addition to the skills page to add a "whisper to GM" is great. A great item to could be adding to the equipment tab and adding a small section that list ever magic item slot, for example Head- Helm of glorious recovery Face-Third eye Clarity Neck- ammy +6 con Shoulders -Cloak of res +4  Chest- Tabard of the great crusade Armour-Heavy plate+6 Belt- Belt of Str +4 wrist-armband of elusive action hands- gloves of fortunate striking Feet- sandals of the vagabond ring -ship ring/Ring of Universal energy resistance, Greater ring- Freedom of movement Thank you for your effort to continue to update the page! 
Jeremy H. said: My group has been playing 3.5 and are looking at the weapon changes tonight. Losing the Full Attack + Damage is abysmal. Losing the confirmation on criticals for Full attack is also extremely inconvenient. Is there a reason for these changes? Can they be reverted? The changes have been making our 3.5 experience actively worse after using the same sheet for the past few years.H Hi Jeremy, you are right, It was a mistake.
Hi Cicero, thanks fo your feedback: suggestions and constructive criticisms are appreciated!!! Cicero L. said: I think you only need an Attack, Full Attack and Damage Macro. There arent many situations i've come across where im rolling an attack and dont want to see the damage. Similarly making a full attack and not showing damage is very strange and almost feels like a bug.  I think like you, but there are lot of player that prefer to roll attack and damage together (for example Jeremy and Eradan), moreover this macro was presente in the old version of the sheet so I cannot remove it for backward compatibility. Cicero L. said:   however the updates to the attack macros have been confusing and hard to figure out. A lot of my old Marcos are broken since I used custom ones to add in attacks and bonus damages.  Why are you confused?  What is not clear? Tell me what the problems are with your marcos, maybe I can help you reset your macros, or I can fix the sheet. Cicero L. said: A great item to could be adding to the equipment tab and adding a small section that list ever magic item slot Yes, this can be done easily.
Why oh why did you remove the full attack macro with crit confirm and damage all in one roll? Do you even know how 3.5 crit system works? What is this crit confirm yes crap?  There is no way to confirm crits without forcing you to customize the macro or (rolling them manually). The Single Attack macro seems to work as it should, (and how it worked before). These changes have made 3.5 almost unplayable. I am not sure what you are trying to do, but whatever it is you are taking the sheet backwards. The spell section is welcome, however everything regarding the weapon attack macros is garbage. Please revert or allow a toggle for the old sheet.  Thanks
Hi Darryl, I understand, I'm try to find a solution between two different preferences: roll attack and damage together or separate. Give me a few days, by the end of the week I will release a new version.
Hi Hoyer, Apologies if my initial post came off strong. My group has been using this 3.5 sheet for the past ~6 years and seeing changes to it were very unwelcome. Would it be possible for you to try creating a new sheet from scratch and then poll the community on what what they would like to see? Having the current sheet modified is negatively impacting more than one game and frankly it feels inappropriate for Roll20 to allow a user to make changes to a long-existing sheet without some approval process in place. Please let me know your thoughts. I am seriously considering upgrading to Pro just so that I can revert these changes myself in a timely manner. If you need assistance or someone to bounce ideas off of, please keep them coming through this forum. I am checking in daily now. 
Hi Jeremy, my first idea was to creare another sheet, like you said; but it's not possible, read this post:  two sheet I understand that read all this thread can be boring, but before revert all changes, please, read it.   There are many players who appreciate these changes. Ok, you, and all your group, are "old players" and you are used to using the old sheet, but there are many other types of players.   For example read the  post of Cicero , after your first post. Jeremy H. said:  If you need assistance or someone to bounce ideas off of, please keep them coming through this forum. I am checking in daily now.  You probably don't know this, but I'm already doing it (again, read all this thread): I post here all new ideas, and I have created a  test game  where I publish all changes before release it. If you will upgrade to Pro, it wold be great, you could help me!!! Please, answer these questions: in the old sheet, if you PC has 2 classes and 2 prestige classes, where did you mark it? in the old sheet, there is no a macro to turn undead, there a lot of player who don't know how to write this macro... in the old weapon tab, do you really need/like to see all macro text area? is the combo box "Whisper GM" really a problem? in spell tab you can choose between the old version a the new one, so where is the problem? in spell tab there are three new buttons, aren't they helpful?   (if you are 15° level cleric, and you need to reset all used spells now you just have to press a button) in the old sheet if you are a crusader, how do you handle the granted maneuvers? I know sometimes I made some mistake, but I tried to correct them as quickly as possible, for this reason i have created the  test sheet  game, as you probably know if you are a "developer", you can't test your own modifications well. I'm trying to do my best.
However, tomorrow I'll release in test sheet the new version of "tab weapon", take a look.
TL;DR: Please fix the Full Attack macro to include the attack and damage as it was previously, or include a button that will make that happen. I don't like seeing changes to a sheet that has functioned fine without changes for many years, but I understand that you wish to make quality of life updates. I wish you would not. === Thanks for the reply, Hoyer. I reviewed the entire thread so I could be aware of all of the details. Here are my thoughts: New Sheet - I see where you posted that Roll20 staff told you there can only be one sheet, but I think an argument could be made to create a sheet with the newer format and keep the current sheet as a legacy sheet. I understand this is outside of your control. Requested changes - plenty of the initial responders to this thread were simply requesting that changes be reverted. The requested changes being implemented are only coming from a few players. Answer for your questions Old sheet multiple classes - We tracked them in the "Class" box that was available previously or used one of the text boxes (Class Abilities or Other). I can see how this is helpful for players. Macro for turn undead - Looks good to me. May look better on the Spells tab Old Weapon Tab - Yes we like and need to see the macro area (having the option to hide is nice). We regularly modify the macros to accommodate for unique player circumstances (More than 4 attacks, Rapid Shot, Fixing the crit macro that was coded to d6 - you have fixed).  Whisper GM box on skills - This only works for skills that were not modified to remove the default whisper GM. I don't see any issues with this change except for players who had already modified the macros. Spell tab - I have not used the spell tab in Roll20 traditionally. Beyond that complaints made by previous users (I believe you have fixed or updated these already) I have no comments. Spell tab buttons - See 5. I played around some with these and it appears that the macro has to be modified for each new spell as entering values in the boxes provided did not make any updates to the macro. I can see the use here, but for the time that it would take a player to enter and modify all of their macros, they could much more easily track this through an external means. Crusader granted maneuvers - Tracked on the notes page and rolled to determine which were available. Your system looks good, but could use an example macro (similar to the spells - but runs into the same issue of formatting every macro). Could also use a section to house Stances as they exist outside of the granted maneuver system. If there is a section that I missed for this, please let me know. As you stated, the group I am with could be considered "old players", but we have only been playing since ~2015. Hopping in for our weekly session and learning the new updates is annoying at best. Maybe with a new campaign or possibly in time we will come to appreciate them. For now I am inclined to keep anything that doesn't work with the existing sheet external to the sheet i.e. in Google Docs/Sheets. Btw, Cicero is in my current D&D group. He is more constructive with his feedback than I am :)
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
(speaking as a fellow sheet author, I'm not playing any game using this sheet) Removing features is not a great move, it's better to implement a setting to hide features you might not personally use, but taking it away without a proper replacement is not cool.
Jeremy H. said: TL;DR: Please fix the Full Attack macro to include the attack and damage as it was previously, or include a button that will make that happen. I don't like seeing changes to a sheet that has functioned fine without changes for many years, but I understand that you wish to make quality of life updates. I wish you would not. I have released a new version of the sheet, you can find it here  Test sheet . This release contains this features: Magic item slot, below the magic item text area; (requested by  Cicero ) Add a custom speed filed (read from the main section) in encumbrance table ; (requested by  Keith ) Add length unit conversion like weight unit; new section for attack macro (currently implemented only for the first weapon, if you appreciate it I release a full version). About the last point: now there is a switch, and you can enable/disable your preferred macros.
Jeremy H. said: Thanks for the reply, Hoyer. I reviewed the entire thread so I could be aware of all of the details. Here are my thoughts: New Sheet - I see where you posted that Roll20 staff told you there can only be one sheet, but I think an argument could be made to create a sheet with the newer format and keep the current sheet as a legacy sheet. I understand this is outside of your control. Requested changes - plenty of the initial responders to this thread were simply requesting that changes be reverted. The requested changes being implemented are only coming from a few players. Answer for your questions Old sheet multiple classes - We tracked them in the "Class" box that was available previously or used one of the text boxes (Class Abilities or Other). I can see how this is helpful for players. Macro for turn undead - Looks good to me. May look better on the Spells tab Old Weapon Tab - Yes we like and need to see the macro area (having the option to hide is nice). We regularly modify the macros to accommodate for unique player circumstances (More than 4 attacks, Rapid Shot, Fixing the crit macro that was coded to d6 - you have fixed).  Whisper GM box on skills - This only works for skills that were not modified to remove the default whisper GM. I don't see any issues with this change except for players who had already modified the macros. Spell tab - I have not used the spell tab in Roll20 traditionally. Beyond that complaints made by previous users (I believe you have fixed or updated these already) I have no comments. Spell tab buttons - See 5. I played around some with these and it appears that the macro has to be modified for each new spell as entering values in the boxes provided did not make any updates to the macro. I can see the use here, but for the time that it would take a player to enter and modify all of their macros, they could much more easily track this through an external means. Crusader granted maneuvers - Tracked on the notes page and rolled to determine which were available. Your system looks good, but could use an example macro (similar to the spells - but runs into the same issue of formatting every macro). Could also use a section to house Stances as they exist outside of the granted maneuver system. If there is a section that I missed for this, please let me know. As you stated, the group I am with could be considered "old players", but we have only been playing since ~2015. Hopping in for our weekly session and learning the new updates is annoying at best. Maybe with a new campaign or possibly in time we will come to appreciate them. For now I am inclined to keep anything that doesn't work with the existing sheet external to the sheet i.e. in Google Docs/Sheets. I fully understand what you mean: you worked for almost 6 years to create you macros, and of course you don't want waste your work. I asked you these questions because I knew you might appreciate some of these features, and I also need your opinion. Jeremy H. said: Crusader granted maneuvers - Tracked on the notes page and rolled to determine which were available. Your system looks good, but could use an example macro (similar to the spells - but runs into the same issue of formatting every macro). Could also use a section to house Stances as they exist outside of the granted maneuver system. If there is a section that I missed for this, please let me know. This is not possible, like other "button"/action in spell section.   These macro are created dynamically, I have used this new feature  Custom Roll Parsing , probably I use it in a different way from the original idea because I also change the value of some attributes.
Hi Hoyer, I see the updates in the Test game, but it looks like the Full Attack under the "Attack and Damage single roll" toggle is still only rolling the initial attack. It does not have the confirmation roll for crit/fumbles and it does not roll damage as part of the macro. Is this intentional?
If the old macro has changed before the sheet update, the old macro will not be changed. I create a new PC, and it works fine.
Hello, Thank you for the updates, I use exclusively this sheet since I mastering at 3.5 edition. 2 years ago the Diana sheet didn’t fully answer my need (even if it was a great start) so I develop lots of macro and script (I’m more confortable with api/macro than html/css). I will probably adapt them to new filed (like damage of the weapon) Have yo plan to create more template ? especially some with little font ? PS : If one day I found time and understand how to make a compendium I will share it for french user (yes unfortunately like most of my compatriot you easly spot us when we try to use Shakespeare’s language) and same for the script (I already implemented a spellbook linked to handout (using gm part for a json input for my api allowing to animate the correct numer of magic missile with adequate damage depending of the spellcaster level).
Hoyer said: If the old macro has changed before the sheet update, the old macro will not be changed. I create a new PC, and it works fine. Hey Hoyer. Confirmed this works for a new sheet. Thank you!
Eradan said: Hoyer said: Yes, It's my next element in my to-do list. Anyway, the macros are like previous, I have added only one new button (a) and relative macro (A). Here the legend:      1- macro to calculate AC hit 2- macro to calculate the normal damage 3- macro to calculate the critical damage, it should be added to macro 2 A- template to roll only a single attack, it use macro 1 (new template) B- template to roll a full attack, it use macro 1 C- template to roll normal damage, it use macros 2 and 3  D- template to roll an attack and it's damage, it use macros 1, 2, and 3 a- this button call template A (new button) b- this button call template B c- this button call template C d- this button call template D Template C is quite different from previous macro, it ask if it's a critical damage; if "NO" roll only macro 2 otherwise sum macro 1 and 2. I must made this change due to the bug reported by Eradan. So if I understand the changes, we went from to Is that right? Thank you for the clarification. I'm not sure I'll ever use a and A though. While you are tinkering with the character sheet, could you fix a trivial bug in the default weapon templates (A, B, C, and D above). The current syntax does not display the Special Properties values in the notes section as designed.     {{ notes=@{weapon1specialproperties} }} should be      {{notes=@{weapon2specialproperties} }} Specifically, please remove the space after the double-left bracket and the notes parameter.
Gaia Nostra said: While you are tinkering with the character sheet, could you fix a trivial bug in the default weapon templates (A, B, C, and D above). The current syntax does not display the Special Properties values in the notes section as designed.     {{ notes=@{weapon1specialproperties} }} should be      {{notes=@{weapon2specialproperties} }} Specifically, please remove the space after the double-left bracket and the notes parameter. Thanks Gaia, done!
David M. said: Have yo plan to create more template ? especially some with little font ? Hi David, these are the next feature I'd like to develop: Create a "Summary"/"Action" tab Add a Domain section Manage status modifiers Add a "global modifier" for skills Import from PcGen
Jeremy H. said: Hey Hoyer. Confirmed this works for a new sheet. Thank you! I have updated all weapons in Test Sheet all weapon. I have to update the NPC and Summons sections and then I can release it
I think I found a bug in the 3.5 sheet critical damage equation macro. For comparison, here is the standard damage equation which is always calculated (note the section in bold): @{weapon6statdamage}[Dmg] + @{weapon6damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] + @{weapon6enh}[Weapon Enh] + @{weapon6specialize}[Weapon Spec] + ?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] + @{weapon6vardamage}[Var Dmg] Here is the critical damage calculation which on a crit gets added to the standard damage: (@{weapon6critmult} -1) * (@{weapon6statdamage}[Dmg] + @{weapon6damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] + @{weapon6enh}[Weapon Enh] + @{weapon6specialize}[Weapon Spec] + ?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) The weapon var damage entry is missing.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Without being familiar with the ins/outs of the 3.5 sheet (PF is rooted deeply from it... which I'm more knowledgeable of), but is " weaponXvardamage" used for "extra damage"? ie Flaming 1d6 wouldn't be rolled again for crit x2 damage.
vlnce, I think you are right. I misunderstood the weapon damage stat as just being a static number and the Var damage as being a die roll. But I just tested it and I can put a variable die roll into weapon damage stat. Which means yes I can put into Var damage any die roll that doesn't get rolled again for a critical hit. Thanks.
David M. said: Hello, Thank you for the updates, I use exclusively this sheet since I mastering at 3.5 edition. 2 years ago the Diana sheet didn’t fully answer my need (even if it was a great start) so I develop lots of macro and script (I’m more confortable with api/macro than html/css). I will probably adapt them to new filed (like damage of the weapon) Have yo plan to create more template ? especially some with little font ? PS : If one day I found time and understand how to make a compendium I will share it for french user (yes unfortunately like most of my compatriot you easly spot us when we try to use Shakespeare’s language) and same for the script (I already implemented a spellbook linked to handout (using gm part for a json input for my api allowing to animate the correct numer of magic missile with adequate damage depending of the spellcaster level). Hey there Some of us are fluent enough in English, thank you :p Would it be possible for you to share your spellbook, and would it work when I'm not Pro?
Hi David, my English is not so good, it's not my mother tongue.... I have not a spellbook... I'm sorry

Edited 1634854009
The new version of the sheet is released here:  Test sheet I have added the new version of attack macros to NPC and summons sections.
I create the request to release these features.
I really appreciate all the works that have been done creating the sheet, by volunteers, and I don't want to sound ungrateful, but having played DnD and Pahtfinder on Roll 20 for more than a year, I don't know if it's possible, but for me the solution to all issues would be to just adapt the Pathfinder Community character sheet.  It's perfect, all inclusive, easy to set up, but very adaptable. I really hate the 3.5 sheet. Every time I want to do something it's never at the place where it's supposed to be. Spells are horrible to set up, no easy way to include something as current as rage, and the worst: whenever we manage to bypass an issue with some clever way   (using ammunition as variable for weapon macro for example) we're never sure that an unwanted update will not break everything. Just adapt the Pathfinder Community character sheet, it should be easier than doing from scratch, and every thing work like a charm. At least get inspiration from that sheet, it's amazing. 

Edited 1635784233
Hi Jo, you are right Pathfinder sheet is very nice, but is not possible to replace the 3.5 sheet.   There are a lot of players who ha create a ton of macro for this sheet, moreover the name of the attributes is deferent so every field would be emptied. In this way if you want play to D&D 3.5 there are two sheets, and you can choose the one you prefer.

Edited 1636032145
so you are the jerks who broke not only Weapon damage, but also Crit calculation. also, for the love of god, make a new Character sheet so people can pick, don't use all of roll20 as your personal testers jerk, my players got quite confused when stuff got moved around. the class stuff is poorly done as only the most observant players will notice that the little tick that's used every were else on the character sheet as a button to look under the hood, is suddenly a requirement, also its tiny and easily missed, put class under a tab. secondly and repeatedly, stop messing up the macro's, and if it was in fact not you, then feel free to throw my complaint to those. i had to re-write the macro from a 5 year old topic and make some small adjustments. i do have 1 piece of feedback that you can alter. every weapon uses a XDX dice for damage, having to manually put that into macros often causes players to make mistakes, add a field were they literally type 2d6 or whatever. i'm using note1grouptitle for that. this is important since it does not only need to be inserted in 1 place, but also into the crit and god forbid the players accidentally put it at the front of the crit macro, breaking the entire thing(since its calculating crit multiplier first) i was expecting the issue to be solved within however many months since the mistake was made, but i had to solve it myself. also im not about to mess with settings for the campaign(single attack/damage) roll since i am not convinced it might not accidentally mess something up with an ongoing campaign. and that's why make new one be a separate thing, and dont rip ongoing campaigns apart, later after 2 years or more perhaps you could decomission the old one with a good warning but that's about it.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Jamil N said: and that's why make new one be a separate thing, and dont rip ongoing campaigns apart, later after 2 years or more perhaps you could decomission the old one with a good warning but that's about it. I don't have a dog in this fight as far as this sheet goes, but as a sheet author I can tell you that there are restrictions from Roll20 on duplicate sheets for a single system.  Those rules haven't been consistently applied, but since the character sheet repo on github has ballooned since covid hit, they have been more strict.  There are somewhere near 1000 entries on that repo now, so they are getting pretty conscious of clutter and duplicates.
Hi Jamil, yes I'm the jerk, and I'm alone. What can I tell you?    Of course you didn't read all this thread. You are right I have changed the weapon section 2/3 times, but this is the last and stable version, and in this version you can choose to use the old version or the new one.   The setting "single attack/damage" is only a graphical solution: it only hide/show some button/text area Do you need a field for damage?!?!?!    There are 2 fields for damage: 1 for standard damage: this damage is rolled more times when you make a crit 1 for variable damage: this damage wouldn't be rolled again for crit And the macro manage these two fields.

Edited 1636647327
Hello Hoyer, There's a problem with the crit calculation. The current formula multiplies the result of the crit dice instead of adding more dices. Let's say I'm using a warhammer (20/x3) with a +2 Strength modifier. Regular damage is 1d8+2 Critical damage should be 3d8+6 Current critical formula is 1d8+2 +2*(result of 1d8+2) Only one more dice is rolled instead of two. Is it possible to fix the crit calculation? Edit: There's also an empty line that appears in the chat log every time I roll for damage only. No idea where that comes from.
I am no expert, but it looks like there is a minor bug in the Decipher Skill macro: @{decipherscriptwgm} &amp;{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{skillflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} }} {{check=[Decipher Script](<a href="http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Decipher_Script_Skill" rel="nofollow">http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Decipher_Script_Skill</a> ) check:}} {{checkroll=[[1d20 + @{decipherscript} ]]}} {{notes=If fail, [[1d20 + @{wis-mod} ]] vs dc5 to avoid drawing a false conclusion.}} {{notes=@{decipherscriptnote} }} The notes section is listed twice.&nbsp; Assuming you want both the static text plus the decipherscriptnote attribute to be displayed, I believe it should be written as: @{decipherscriptwgm} &amp;{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{skillflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} }} {{check=[Decipher Script](<a href="http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Decipher_Script_Skill" rel="nofollow">http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Decipher_Script_Skill</a> ) check:}} {{checkroll=[[1d20 + @{decipherscript} ]]}} {{notes=If fail, [[1d20 + @{wis-mod} ]] vs dc5 to avoid drawing a false conclusion. @{decipherscriptnote} }}
Thanks Gaia, you are right.
Eradan said: Hello Hoyer, There's a problem with the crit calculation. The current formula multiplies the result of the crit dice instead of adding more dices. This is not a real bug.&nbsp; &nbsp;When you roll a crit you can choose to multiply the damage by the coefficient, or roll the damage multiple&nbsp;times. In the sheet there is only one filed for damage, so it's not easy to identify the number of dice (you can write "2d6" or "2D6" or "2 d6" or something else...), for this reason I can't calculate the number of dice to roll.&nbsp; &nbsp;I should add 2 filed: 1 for the number of dice to roll, and 1 for the type of dice. The macro multiplies&nbsp;the damage by the coefficient -1, so you can easily identify the base damage and the crit&nbsp;damage. However the total damage is correct.
Eradan said: There's also an empty line that appears in the chat log every time I roll for damage only. No idea where that comes from. Let me check.

Edited 1637213865
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hoyer said: ... so it's not easy to identify the number of dice (you can write "2d6" or "2D6" or "2 d6" or something else...), for this reason I can't calculate the number of dice to roll.&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm not a 3.5e user, but just in case this helps: [[ 2 d6 ]] and [[ 2d 6 ]] are both incorrect rolls, and will not roll dice. If you want to grab an XdY expression and pull it apart, something like this should work on any legal roll: const splitRoll = ( rollExpression ) =&gt; { &nbsp; const rxSplitRoll = / ( \d * ) d ( \d + ) / i ; &nbsp; let parts = rollExpression . match ( rxSplitRoll ); &nbsp; if ( parts ) { &nbsp; &nbsp; let numDice = parts [ 1 ] || 1 , &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; dieSize = parts [ 2 ]; &nbsp; &nbsp; return ` ${ numDice } dice were thrown (d ${ dieSize } )` ; &nbsp; } else return `No XdY roll expression was found` ; } console . log ( splitRoll ( `3D6` )); // Expected result: 3 dice were thrown (d6) console . log ( splitRoll ( `4*3d8` )); // Expected result: 3 dice were thrown (d8) console . log ( splitRoll ( `3d 10` )); // Expected result: No XdY roll expression was found I don't think any XdY roll that actually works on Roll20's parser will slip through that, but I could be wrong. Something like [[2 d6]] just gives you "2" every time. You can use [[d6]] as shorthand for [[1d6]], though. That's just a simple example, of course. You'd need a global regex to find multiple matches in a complex roll expression.
Hoyer said: Eradan said: Hello Hoyer, There's a problem with the crit calculation. The current formula multiplies the result of the crit dice instead of adding more dices. This is not a real bug.&nbsp; &nbsp;When you roll a crit you can choose to multiply the damage by the coefficient, or roll the damage multiple&nbsp;times. In the sheet there is only one filed for damage, so it's not easy to identify the number of dice (you can write "2d6" or "2D6" or "2 d6" or something else...), for this reason I can't calculate the number of dice to roll.&nbsp; &nbsp;I should add 2 filed: 1 for the number of dice to roll, and 1 for the type of dice. The macro multiplies&nbsp;the damage by the coefficient -1, so you can easily identify the base damage and the crit&nbsp;damage. However the total damage is correct. I use the core rules for combat, and it clearly states that your roll every additional dice: It used to work like this before the weapons changes (I can see the rolls in my game's chatlog). If I can't get that behaviour back using the new macros, I'll have to revert back to the old ones and edit everything by hand again.
How do you get domain spells to show on the "print Spell list" I click on the check mark and it doesn't seem to make a note if its Domain or not."