Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 3.5 Sheet upgrade

A new release of sheet: Add section "Summuns" for familiar, animal companion, wild shape... (i must fix style and attribute name) unlocked filed ECL, HD and HP All player of the game "Test Sheet" are now GM.
New Sheet released here  Test Sheet Add dynamic attack list for NPC (as PC weapons); Add Summon/Familiar/Shape section; Add check box to enable auto calc ECL/HD/HP total
Sorry again but it is normal that in Test Sheet the summon page is different than the summon page in my game? If I click the add button the format of the summon sheet it's quite different than in Test Sheet
Yes, that's right; because in Test Sheet there is a preview of all the changes, I publish them there before the official release.
I have solved some problems related to macros. Next week I will send the request for the release of the sheet.
Thanks Hoyer. My games this week went much smoother. 
I was trying to test a macro with the NPC repeating attacks section, and I am having some trouble. I don't know if it's a sheet issue, or if it's a me doing the macro wrong issue. This is what I have right now. &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{basicflag=true}} {{name=@{selected|npcname}}} {{**Main Attacks**}} {{[@{selected|npcattack1name}](~selected|npcattack1attack) [@{selected|npcattack2name}](~selected|npcattack2attack) [@{selected|npcattack3name}](~selected|npcattack3attack)}} {{**Additional Attacks**}} {{[@{selected|repeating_attacks_1_npcattackname}](~selected|repeating_attacks_1_npcattackattack)}} The first 3 attacks work as they should, but I keep getting these errors with the repeating section. No attribute was found for @{selected|repeating_attacks_1_npcattackname} Any assist would be great,  Thanks.
Joe said: Thanks Hoyer. My games this week went much smoother.  Thanks Joe, for your feedback!! I hope the next changes will be even more helpful, next steps will be: add two new fields "damage" and "variable damage" fro each weapon(like NPC sheet); new "turn undead" section (I agree with you: this is not a skill, so I want to refactor the user experience); a new view for the new spell section (only for the new section!!!); And then i can start to design three new big-feature  (like Spell Section there will be a switches to enable/disable these features) : a new "combat section"; a domain section (requested by beardymagics and Nick S.); put all macro-areas in a modal window (aka pop-up) and remove them from the sheet, usually you write a macro 1/2 times, so you don't need to see them all the time; And of course: FIX ALL BUGS.....
Nick S. said: I was trying to test a macro with the NPC repeating attacks section, and I am having some trouble. I don't know if it's a sheet issue, or if it's a me doing the macro wrong issue. This is what I have right now. &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{basicflag=true}} {{name=@{selected|npcname}}} {{**Main Attacks**}} {{[@{selected|npcattack1name}](~selected|npcattack1attack) [@{selected|npcattack2name}](~selected|npcattack2attack) [@{selected|npcattack3name}](~selected|npcattack3attack)}} {{**Additional Attacks**}} {{[@{selected|repeating_attacks_1_npcattackname}](~selected|repeating_attacks_1_npcattackattack)}} The first 3 attacks work as they should, but I keep getting these errors with the repeating section. No attribute was found for @{selected|repeating_attacks_1_npcattackname} Any assist would be great,  Thanks. I don't know if is possible: the "repeating" sections are quite different from the the others....   Let me check in the forum
Probably I should create a specific worker inside the sheet, so the template can "translate" the index 1 in the rowId related to the row and then find the right macro
Nick S. said: I was trying to test a macro with the NPC repeating attacks section, and I am having some trouble. I don't know if it's a sheet issue, or if it's a me doing the macro wrong issue. This is what I have right now. &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{basicflag=true}} {{name=@{selected|npcname}}} {{**Main Attacks**}} {{[@{selected|npcattack1name}](~selected|npcattack1attack) [@{selected|npcattack2name}](~selected|npcattack2attack) [@{selected|npcattack3name}](~selected|npcattack3attack)}} {{**Additional Attacks**}} {{[@{selected|repeating_attacks_$0_npcattackname}](~selected|repeating_attacks_$0_npcattackattack)}} The first 3 attacks work as they should, but I keep getting these errors with the repeating section. No attribute was found for @{selected|repeating_attacks_1_npcattackname} Any assist would be great,  Thanks. I found the solutions: &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{basicflag=true}} {{name=@{selected|npcname}}} {{**Main Attacks**}} {{[@{selected|npcattack1name}](~selected|npcattack1attack) [@{selected|npcattack2name}](~selected|npcattack2attack) [@{selected|npcattack3name}](~selected|npcattack3attack)}} {{**Additional Attacks**}} {{[@{selected|repeating_attacks_ $0 _npcattackname}](~selected|repeating_attacks_ $0 _npcattackattack)}} You can test only with character "Bit Xufrofi"
A new version of  Test Sheet  released. New feature: add two fields on Weapon Section: Weapon Damage: for standard damage of the weapon Weapon Variable Damage: for variable damage of the weapon like Snake Attack, Skirmish, ... this damage is not multiplied in macro for critical damage, but only added macro for damage and critic damage are now different: now read new fields. This feature is not released to the Sheet, in only in test game.

Edited 1628722105
Is the spell area intended to look as such: When you have multiple spells it gets a bit hard to discern the wall of text it becomes.
Is there any chance we can get a toggle to use the old class field again? Not because I want to use it (the new one is way better) but I have a relatively large number of character sheets that had multiple classes written into the class field and now I'm struggling to remember all of them.
Travis S. said: Is there any chance we can get a toggle to use the old class field again? Not because I want to use it (the new one is way better) but I have a relatively large number of character sheets that had multiple classes written into the class field and now I'm struggling to remember all of them. Did you check in the "Attributes & Abilities" section? All the old attributes should be there, if they are not present, i can add a toggle.
Sasukechan said: Is the spell area intended to look as such: When you have multiple spells it gets a bit hard to discern the wall of text it becomes. Yes, you are right. I thought of a different solution, in a few days I'll release it in the Test Sheet
A new version of  Test Sheet  released. New feature: some little bug; new Turn Undead section. which section is better this or the previous one?

Edited 1628855929
A new version of  Test Sheet  released. I have modified the Spell Section (only level 0 of Divine Spell), I think that could be a good solution. If you click on the left, it show all spell info: This is the Cleric version, of course Arcane section doesn't have the "Dom" (Domain) field. What do you think? This is a beta version, but I think it's a good starting point.

Edited 1629234328
A new version of  Test Sheet  released. Now it's possible hide turn undead macros  Some minor style corrections New layout of Spell Section Add actions in Spell Section Reset Used Spells Reset Prepared Spells Print Available Spells Reset Readied Maneuvers Reset Granted Maneuvers Grant Maneuver  highlighted disable input filed 
Im trying to move my macro maneuvers from the "base mode" to the new "full mode", but from there they dont work anymore. I get the error: No attribute was found for @{character_name|maneuvermacro15} Am I missing something out?
Could you post your macro?
Invictus Ronin said: Im trying to move my macro maneuvers from the "base mode" to the new "full mode", but from there they dont work anymore. I get the error: No attribute was found for @{character_name|maneuvermacro15} Am I missing something out? Ok, i found the problem, there is an issue open on GitHub also. It's an error, the name of then macro-filed for the first level should "maneuvermacro15", but is "spellmacro15"; the others levels are correct. However I released the fix, it should be online next week.
Hoyer said: Could you post your macro? Yeah, here it is: &{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{spellflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name} @{character-name2} }} {{subtags=**MIGHTY THROW** }}{{Type:=Strike}}{{Discipline:=Setting sun}} {{Level:=1}} {{Iniciation:=1 standard action}} {{Reach:= Touch}} {{Objetive:=Creature touched }} {{checkroll=*Flavor Text* **More Text**}}{{Trip:= [[1d20+@{bab}[ab]+@{dex-mod}[des]+1[sol]+4[bns]]]}}{{notes= [Image]("link")}} Oh, Ok, Thank you!

Edited 1629393874
In the next version i added a specific feature for the Crusader:  here'll be 3 checkbox to mark a maneuver as: readied, used and granted (only for crusader) You must mark all readied maneuvers and put the number of maneuver readied and granted at the begin of new encounter (in the specific field "Maneuvers Known") on top of this section there'll be a button "Grant Maneuver": randomly it select a readied maneuver, not used and not already granted, an check its checkbox, and print it in chat

Edited 1629579917
Hoyer, Thanks a lot for the changes! I really liked all of them.  Can i beg you for something? 1) In 3.5 we have a lot os spells and effects that create penaltys e bonuses in attacks, saves, checks and skills like Heroism spell ou shaken condition. When i use a macro to shaken, for example, i put -2 in epicattackbonus and epicsavebonus, this change all attacks and saves rolls, but i cant do this witk skills. Can you put a space to a global skill bonus/penalty?  2) in the weapon sheet, can you put the "special properties" to appear like a "note" in the weapon attack macro? In this way, we can put important info in the roll. Somenting like below: "&{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=Ataque de toque com  @{weapon8name} }} {{attack1=hitting AC [[ @{weapon8attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ @{weapon8attackcalc} ]] }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: [[ @{weapon8attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage1=for [[ @{weapon8damage} ]]dmg}} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon8crit} ]] crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag= [[ 0d1 ]] }} {{notes= "Special properties" here}} 3) Can you make the sum of skill ranks appear in somewhere?  4)Fix the spells/day. The arcane spells/day change when i change the divine spells/day of the same level. I have a lot of player that cast divine and arcane spells. Forgive my english, i dont have a rank in this language. 
Hi Menat, thanks a lot for your feedback, and for your suggestions, I'm trying to update the sheet according my experience in D&D and Roll20, but I know that I need the point of view of other player!!!!    (Don't worry for your English, It's not my mother language too, and I'm not perfect....) I am thinking of a modification that might satisfy your fair request, but it will take me some time, I'll use this thread to post all updates; I can add another field for example "Special notes", there is only one problem the "space", where can I put this field?    wWhy can't you use the notes field? Of course, it's easy, I'll do with the next release Yes, it's a bug. Every week there is a new release of the sheet, so you must wait few days until it is corrected.
Hoyer, thank you very much!  1) take the time that you need to do this. I read in somewhere that the 3.5 sheet has 10 times more lines of codes that the pathfinder sheet, so i believe that even a minimal change is a lot laborious. 2) I write the notes like i suggest in the attackmacro, but my players have a lot of troubles with change the macro for themselves. I fix everytime they make a mess, but it take a lot of my time. If it will make you have a lot of work, dont bother yourself. It is superfluous.  3) Thanks! 4) Thanks again!
Hello i was redirected to this post to note my problem About the *Print available Spells* macro of the new 3.5 sheet I am perplexed on a issue i face with the print available spells button on the sheet... To note i am a sorcerer lvl10:  So i put nothing in the *spell use* section of a spell and i put a X in prep for them to show up on the *print to chat button list* It works !....  At the exception of one thing....  my last level 4 spell on the list shows up on every level of spells on the list. 1-2-3 and even 5. -I tried to switch my bottom lvl4 spell for another; moving shadow conjuration at the bottom instead of my Rainbow Pattern and it still shows the same problem...  It bugs me to no end, can someone explain what i did wrong or if its a glitch, a bug...? idk . help ! here is the copy /paste of what the print looks like in the chat box Sidsaspi Available Spells Shadow Acid Arrow Level 1: Feather Fall Burning hands Floating disc Shocking Grasp Identify Expedious retreat Shadow Acid Arrow Level 2: Glitterdust False Life Scent Spectral Hand Locate Object Ghoul's touch Shadow Acid Arrow Level 3: Slow Vampiric Touch Major Image Shrink Item Shadow Acid Arrow Level 4: Rainbow Pattern Shadow Conjuration Shadow Lao breath Shadow Sleet Storm Shadow Monster 1 Shadow monster 2 Shadow Monster3 Shadow Snake Sigil Shadow Web Shadow Swarm Shadow Acid Arrow Level 5: Shadow Acid Arrow Magic Jar Shadow Acid Arrow Shadow Acid Arrow Shadow Acid Arrow Shadow Acid Arrow Shadow Acid Arrow
It's strange.... let me check. Could you post a screen shot of your spell list?
Yes, voila
Here is what the chat box actualy looks like

Edited 1631218561
Hello, Currently, the crit calculation macro looks like this: [[ (@{weapon1critmult}-1) ]] *(@{weapon1statdamage} + @{weapon1damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack Bonus?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]) + @{weapon1vardamage} But the {weapon1vardamage} is already present in the basic damage calculation: @{weapon2statdamage} [Dmg] + @{weapon2vardamage} [Var Dmg] + @{weapon2damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon2enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon2specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack Bonus?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] Since only the base damage and flat bonuses of a weapon are multiplied in case of a critical hit, the {weapon1vardamage} should not be included in the crit calculation macro. Edit: There is an error in the damage calculation macro: @{weapon3statdamage} [Dmg] + @{weapon13ardamage} [Var Dmg] + @{weapon3damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon3enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon3specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack Bonus?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon] should be: @{weapon3statdamage} [Dmg] + @{weapon3vardamage} [Var Dmg] + @{weapon3damagestat}[Weapon Dmg Ability] +@{weapon3enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon3specialize}[Weapon Spec] +?{Power Attack Bonus?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Additional Damage Bonus?|0}[Ad'l Dmg Bon]
Yes you are right, this week I'll publish a new version of "Weapon" section, and I'll fix this bug

Edited 1631755053
New Sheet released here  Test Sheet : new layout of macro fields in weapon section; fix the problem reported by Eradan; add note to macro as requested by Menat. This is a beta version, I need to fix some little bug in Summons section and set this layout in NPC section.
Thanks! 
Have you checked the game  Test Sheet ? What do you think about the new layout of the macro fields of the weapon section?
I will check later. I am preparing a Pathfinder adventure right now. 
Now all weapon sections (pc, npc and summons) work fine. Probably I'll release this feature next week.
Cedric D.   I finally figured out the problem!!! Give me some days, and I'll fix it.
Cedric D.   Hi Cedric, I can partially solve the problem, when I created the action I thought that no one could have more than 10 spells available per level.   I can increase the maximum number to 15.
Fix print spell
Nice job, Hoyer! 
@Hoyer Regarding the Print Spells button, I was curious if there was a way to have it pop up as a token action, or if it had a name that would allow it to be called into other macros?

Edited 1632209462
Nick S. said: @Hoyer Regarding the Print Spells button, I was curious if there was a way to have it pop up as a token action, or if it had a name that would allow it to be called into other macros? Hi Nick, I'm sorry but probably is not possible. All of those macros are dynamically created by a worker, if you inspect the html you can see that the button type is different from others ("action" instead "roll").   When you click on these kind of button a worker (js function) is called and I use this function to create dynamically the macro command. This is a new feature ( Custom Roll Parsing , probably I use it in a different way from the original idea) released last july, but I don't think it's possible to call a worker outside the sheet as token action or from another macro. I could not use just macros because It's not possible add logic to them. Anyway these are names of these actions/events: resetDivineUsed resetDivinePrepared printDivine resetArcaneUsed resetArcanePrepared printArcane printPower printInvocation grantManeuver resetUsedManeuver resetGrantedManeuver resetSpellLikeUsed resetSpellLikePrepared printSpellLike Anyway i try to check if it is possible.
Could you document the changes you made to the Weapons macros please? Because right now, it seems I have to redo all of my NPCs and mobs for Saturday's game, plus all the NPCs and mobs for the next two games, and it kind of pisses me off. I'm not opposed to the changes, I just need explanations on how the new system works, and how it is different from the old system.

Edited 1632324020
Yes, It's my next element in my to-do list. Anyway, the macros are like previous, I have added only one new button (a) and relative macro (A). Here the legend:      1- macro to calculate AC hit 2- macro to calculate the normal damage 3- macro to calculate the critical damage, it should be added to macro 2 A- template to roll only a single attack, it use macro 1 (new template) B- template to roll a full attack, it use macro 1 C- template to roll normal damage, it use macros 2 and 3  D- template to roll an attack and it's damage, it use macros 1, 2, and 3 a- this button call template A (new button) b- this button call template B c- this button call template C d- this button call template D Template C is quite different from previous macro, it ask if it's a critical damage; if "NO" roll only macro 2 otherwise sum macro 1 and 2. I must made this change due to the bug reported by Eradan.

Edited 1632333920
Hoyer, I gave up on the 3.5 sheet. now i'm using the Pathfinder sheet to play 3.5. I noticed some advantages and disadvantages.  Advantages:  1) Buffs e conditions in the sheet to quick turn on/off  2) Bonus type calculation 3) Easy import NPC sheets from web or PCGen (API) 4) Easy management of items, ammunition, spells, charges, etc 5) Automatic buttons to use abilities, itens or cast spell trought chat menu 6) use way to put macros in every attack, abilitie, item,spell, etc 7) Carried and non carried itens 8) Easy attacks form  9) Automatic size damage change Disadvantages: 1) Skills, grapple and size bonus is different in Pathfinder 2) Armor penalties is in all dex and str skills Maybe it's easier to change the pathfinder sheet to 3.5 than to fix it to 3.5 Me and my players are enjoying the change. 
I understand what do you mean, there is a big difference from the 3.5 and Pathfinder sheet: the first is maintained by the community (currently I'm the "community", I'm a pretty good software developer, but I do it in my free time); Pathfinder is maintained by Roll20. The 3.5 sheet is "very old", so when I make a change I must be careful (if you read the previous page you can understand), there are a lot of players who have spent a lot of time to create their own macro, so it's not possible to change the sheet drastically. Modify this huge sheet it's not easy, I would have liked to create a new sheet (3.5 - 2.0 hahahaha), so there would be two sheets, I could have created the sheet from the beginning, but is not possible. I like D&D 3.5 and I like write code, so I'm here.
Menat W. said: Hoyer, I gave up on the 3.5 sheet. now i'm using the Pathfinder sheet to play 3.5. I noticed some advantages and disadvantages.  Advantages:  1) Buffs e conditions in the sheet to quick turn on/off  2) Bonus type calculation 3) Easy import NPC sheets from web or PCGen (API) 4) Easy management of items, ammunition, spells, charges, etc 5) Automatic buttons to use abilities, itens or cast spell trought chat menu 6) use way to put macros in every attack, abilitie, item,spell, etc 7) Carried and non carried itens 8) Easy attacks form  9) Automatic size damage change Thanks for your feedback, I can use these suggestions for next features. A great feature that I would like to add is this: (like in Pathfinder and D&D 5) I would add a new summarize tab, that contains only the most used parts of the sheet. For example when you are fighting, you must switch between "weapon tab", "spell tab", "main tab"... I hate this!!!! If I remove all part used rarely (like macro text area, and other fields) I can create a compact view of the PC, and in this tab I can add a section where add all temporary modifiers. I studied how to import a sheet from external source, a friend of mine is building an app/web site, using the info downloaded from D&D tools, to generate a PC.... I know... to complete these tow feature i must spend..... a lot, lot, lot, lot of time....

Edited 1632348160
Hoyer said: Yes, It's my next element in my to-do list. Anyway, the macros are like previous, I have added only one new button (a) and relative macro (A). Here the legend:      1- macro to calculate AC hit 2- macro to calculate the normal damage 3- macro to calculate the critical damage, it should be added to macro 2 A- template to roll only a single attack, it use macro 1 (new template) B- template to roll a full attack, it use macro 1 C- template to roll normal damage, it use macros 2 and 3  D- template to roll an attack and it's damage, it use macros 1, 2, and 3 a- this button call template A (new button) b- this button call template B c- this button call template C d- this button call template D Template C is quite different from previous macro, it ask if it's a critical damage; if "NO" roll only macro 2 otherwise sum macro 1 and 2. I must made this change due to the bug reported by Eradan. So if I understand the changes, we went from to Is that right? Thank you for the clarification. I'm not sure I'll ever use a and A though.