Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 3.5 Sheet upgrade

am I the onlyone having a problem with the divider bars not showing up? If so that is cool its that little minor thing so its not important to function. I really appreciate that the color divisions are back. THankyou so much it makes reading alot easier.
Rebecca R. said: am I the onlyone having a problem with the divider bars not showing up? If so that is cool its that little minor thing so its not important to function. I really appreciate that the color divisions are back. THankyou so much it makes reading alot easier. Hi Rebecca, I'm sorry, but probably I don't understand your problem, could you post a screenshot?
Rebecca R. said: am I the onlyone having a problem with the divider bars not showing up? If so that is cool its that little minor thing so its not important to function. I really appreciate that the color divisions are back. THankyou so much it makes reading alot easier. Hoyer said: Rebecca R. said: am I the onlyone having a problem with the divider bars not showing up? If so that is cool its that little minor thing so its not important to function. I really appreciate that the color divisions are back. THankyou so much it makes reading alot easier. Hi Rebecca, I'm sorry, but probably I don't understand your problem, could you post a screenshot? I imagine what Rebecca is talking about is this&nbsp; <a href="https://i.imgur.com/nusjVua.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/nusjVua.jpg</a> There was a recent change to the way the macros look about a week ago. It looks awful now, no color differences, no bars appearing. I think we'd all appreciate it if you would return it to how it was before.
Just a question: in the new (and very useful) action tab is it intentional that it is referred "snAKE attack" rather than "snEAK attack"? Thanks for the continuous improvement by the way! :)
Il Master said: Just a question: in the new (and very useful) action tab is it intentional that it is referred "snAKE attack" rather than "snEAK attack"? Thanks for the continuous improvement by the way! :) Ops.... It's a typing error.
Latinum D. said: Rebecca R. said: am I the onlyone having a problem with the divider bars not showing up? If so that is cool its that little minor thing so its not important to function. I really appreciate that the color divisions are back. THankyou so much it makes reading alot easier. Hoyer said: Rebecca R. said: am I the onlyone having a problem with the divider bars not showing up? If so that is cool its that little minor thing so its not important to function. I really appreciate that the color divisions are back. THankyou so much it makes reading alot easier. Hi Rebecca, I'm sorry, but probably I don't understand your problem, could you post a screenshot? I imagine what Rebecca is talking about is this&nbsp; <a href="https://i.imgur.com/nusjVua.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/nusjVua.jpg</a> There was a recent change to the way the macros look about a week ago. It looks awful now, no color differences, no bars appearing. I think we'd all appreciate it if you would return it to how it was before. Hi Latinum D, this is a screenshot taken with the last version of the sheet: There is color difference between alternating rows; L uca B. notified two weeks ago this problem. Is the problem different?
Hoyer said: Latinum D. said: Rebecca R. said: am I the onlyone having a problem with the divider bars not showing up? If so that is cool its that little minor thing so its not important to function. I really appreciate that the color divisions are back. THankyou so much it makes reading alot easier. Hoyer said: Rebecca R. said: am I the onlyone having a problem with the divider bars not showing up? If so that is cool its that little minor thing so its not important to function. I really appreciate that the color divisions are back. THankyou so much it makes reading alot easier. Hi Rebecca, I'm sorry, but probably I don't understand your problem, could you post a screenshot? I imagine what Rebecca is talking about is this&nbsp; <a href="https://i.imgur.com/nusjVua.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/nusjVua.jpg</a> There was a recent change to the way the macros look about a week ago. It looks awful now, no color differences, no bars appearing. I think we'd all appreciate it if you would return it to how it was before. Hi Latinum D, this is a screenshot taken with the last version of the sheet: There is color difference between alternating rows; L uca B. notified two weeks ago this problem. Is the problem different? Yeah there used to be bars that appeared inbetween the top segment the rest of the macro. Also the color for everything wasn't just yellow. It used to be red for attacks for example. Please bring back the old formatting and colors as optional toggles at the very least, they looked way better than this. They should show up with visual formatting like this&nbsp; <a href="https://i.imgur.com/k3LpXXi.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/k3LpXXi.jpg</a> &nbsp;but with the old different colors for different actions. Why was this changed in the first place, it looked fine before.

Edited 1673139486
Previous to this update you could change the border design and color of macros via {{pcflag=true}} {{spellflag=true}} {{skillcatflag=true}} and so on. Well with the new update they all look the same. My players really enjoy me making their macros and adding the different colors and things for them. Is there some new way to change this, or all they all just the same now? the border between subtags and attack1 has been removed. Its really handy to have that border and color difference to easily tell is someones macro is an attack, skill, spell, and so on.
Quinlan M. said: Previous to this update you could change the border design and color of macros via {{pcflag=true}} {{spellflag=true}} {{skillcatflag=true}} and so on. Well with the new update they all look the same. My players really enjoy me making their macros and adding the different colors and things for them. Is there some new way to change this, or all they all just the same now? the border between subtags and attack1 has been removed. Its really handy to have that border and color difference to easily tell is someones macro is an attack, skill, spell, and so on. yeah I agree completely, it was much better before.
Is this the 3.5 Dungeons &amp; Dragons sheet used here made by Diana?&nbsp; &nbsp;I so far have only one suggestion. I would to add more boxes in armor, so you can put in more than one type of armor like a mail shirt and helmet. Instead of combining those, as I have done.&nbsp;
The armour system in&nbsp; D&amp;D 3.5 &nbsp; doesn't take helmets into account. If a character wears a magical helmet, it can be entered in the Equipment tab under Magic Items, in the Head slot.
Latinum D. said: Quinlan M. said: Previous to this update you could change the border design and color of macros via {{pcflag=true}} {{spellflag=true}} {{skillcatflag=true}} and so on. Well with the new update they all look the same. My players really enjoy me making their macros and adding the different colors and things for them. Is there some new way to change this, or all they all just the same now? the border between subtags and attack1 has been removed. Its really handy to have that border and color difference to easily tell is someones macro is an attack, skill, spell, and so on. yeah I agree completely, it was much better before. These are two kind of problems: " the top segment the rest of the macro" : the absence of this border is a side effect of the new structure of the sheet, but It's simple to restore it; "the color of the name": I made this change for a specific reason, not all colors are&nbsp;compatible with darkmode, I may tray to find a different list of colors for both mode.
Hoyer said: Latinum D. said: Quinlan M. said: Previous to this update you could change the border design and color of macros via {{pcflag=true}} {{spellflag=true}} {{skillcatflag=true}} and so on. Well with the new update they all look the same. My players really enjoy me making their macros and adding the different colors and things for them. Is there some new way to change this, or all they all just the same now? the border between subtags and attack1 has been removed. Its really handy to have that border and color difference to easily tell is someones macro is an attack, skill, spell, and so on. yeah I agree completely, it was much better before. These are two kind of problems: " the top segment the rest of the macro" : the absence of this border is a side effect of the new structure of the sheet, but It's simple to restore it; "the color of the name": I made this change for a specific reason, not all colors are&nbsp;compatible with darkmode, I may tray to find a different list of colors for both mode. Just make a toggle on the sheet or something to use darkmode colors instead of messing up the light mode colors for that.

Edited 1673297452
Eradan said: The armour system in&nbsp; D&amp;D 3.5 &nbsp; doesn't take helmets into account. If a character wears a magical helmet, it can be entered in the Equipment tab under Magic Items, in the Head slot. I had looked at the option and how well set out it looks wondering why this wasn't set out this way for the non magical equipment. My only reason for not not using that one is that these items are extrordinary in any way.&nbsp; Aside from the fact that this charcter is a Son of Cymidu, who are all born fully grown with in a mail shirt. helmet, with three iron javelins, one iron sword, one iron dagger and large wooden sheild.&nbsp; AsIde from that, all these items are ordinary... Anyway, I filled in my sheet this way... Does that make any more sense?
Latinum D. said: Just make a toggle on the sheet or something to use darkmode colors instead of messing up the light mode colors for that. This switch is already present, but when you activate the darkmode the text should be readable, for example: &nbsp; In the second screenshot not all rolls have the correct contrast, so, for every template, I need to find the correct version of the color for every mode, but it's not easy.
Ukko the Scribe said: Eradan said: The armour system in&nbsp; D&amp;D 3.5 &nbsp; doesn't take helmets into account. If a character wears a magical helmet, it can be entered in the Equipment tab under Magic Items, in the Head slot. I had looked at the option and how well set out it looks wondering why this wasn't set out this way for the non magical equipment. My only reason for not not using that one is that these items are extrordinary in any way.&nbsp; Aside from the fact that this charcter is a Son of Cymidu, who are all born fully grown with in a mail shirt. helmet, with three iron javelins, one iron sword, one iron dagger and large wooden sheild.&nbsp; AsIde from that, all these items are ordinary... Anyway, I filled in my sheet this way... Does that make any more sense? It does, thanks. Since helmets have no mechanics attached, why not simply write it in the description? That's why I usually do for those kinds of details (pocket knives, buckles on a leather jerkin and so on.)
I could modify the textbox into a textarea, so you can have more space to add all info, like the field "Special properties" in Weapon section.
Hi, I have released in&nbsp; Test sheet &nbsp;the new version of the sheet with this changes: fixed colors of role template in light and dark mode change snake to sneak added a text area for properties of armor and shield&nbsp;
Hoyer said: Hi, I have released in&nbsp; Test sheet &nbsp;the new version of the sheet with this changes: fixed colors of role template in light and dark mode change snake to sneak added a text area for properties of armor and shield&nbsp; From a cursory check it looks like it is a lot better. The colors are back to normal for most things as far as I could tell. Thank you.
Latinum D. said: From a cursory check it looks like it is a lot better. The colors are back to normal for most things as far as I could tell. Thank you. I'm glad! These changes are already activated.

Edited 1673450514
Hi Hoyer, thanks for all your work to update the 3.5 sheet :-) Do i understand it correctly, that you will update it even further, to work with the mobile app? Because right now, there seems to be some issue, I'm not able to use a single roll button from the app. Thanks and best regards D
Dhorik D. said: Hi Hoyer, thanks for all your work to update the 3.5 sheet :-) Do i understand it correctly, that you will update it even further, to work with the mobile app? Because right now, there seems to be some issue, I'm not able to use a single roll button from the app. Thanks and best regards D Hi Dhorik, you are right, when this version is stable (hopefully&nbsp;in 1/2 weeks), I'll&nbsp; start rewriting the whole sheet to make it compatible with the mobile app.&nbsp; &nbsp;To be honest it's not an easy job... It'll take me several weeks.
Is there any way to still use the old character sheet? We paused my game a couple years back and were looking to go back to it, but now with all the updates our 100's of custom macros are completely broken.&nbsp;
Hi Eli, I can provide you the old version of the sheet, or I can try to help you to convert your macro.
Hi Hoyer, I didn't see anyone else mention this, but I noticed recently that the class fields that should be class3, level3, and hitdie3, are all coming up as 4s.&nbsp; Not a huge problem for me personally (or anyone else it seems), but it's probably worth correcting. Also, is there any chance we can get some new skills added to the main skill section?&nbsp; Psionic-related in particular, but there are a few others I noticed were missing.&nbsp; They are as follows: Knowledge (Psionics) Psicraft Use Psionic Device Autohypnosis Truespeak Martial Lore Iaijutsu Focus I know they can be added manually, but it's a tiny pain in the butt every time.&nbsp; Plus they don't seem to work on the macro bar or as token actions.&nbsp; Normally I'd just copy the macro over to the Abilities section, but everything in the Other Skills section appears to use the same set of "otherskill" tags with nothing to differentiate them from one another.&nbsp; They work when their main button is used, but nowhere else. Thanks for everything you do!&nbsp; It's much appreciated.
Hi Kaileb, thanks for your tips, I have added these new skills and I have fixed the tool tip in the class section, fortunately it was only a problem of the tool tip. In a few day they will be activated.&nbsp;
Awesome, thanks so much!
I use the following macro for calculating XP needed for next level. Maybe it's possible to use similar to calculate expgoal, possibly also autocalculate an experience bar. /w @{selected|character_name} @{selected|character_name} (level @{selected|level} / @{selected|expcurrent} XP), needs [[ [[ @{selected|level} * (@{selected|level} + 1) * 500 ]] - [[ @{selected|expcurrent} ]]&nbsp; ]] more experience to reach level [[ @{selected|level} + 1&nbsp; ]] ( [[ @{selected|level} * (@{selected|level} + 1) * 500 ]] XP)
Hi Jacob, adding an experience bar it's a nice idea!!! But right now I want to focus my efforts on completing the new version of the sheet; may be in the new version I can add this feature.
Hello Hoyer, My group and I have a suggestion on the skills page.&nbsp; We feel that having an option to sort the skills (much like the spell page or the gear page) would be very beneficial for many players.&nbsp; The skills you use frequently listed at the top of the page would make the game flow much faster, and less frustrating for the player.&nbsp; If sorting is not an option, then maybe a 'hide' button?&nbsp; If this has been mentioned before, then my apologies.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Hello,&nbsp; Could someone tell me what does "skillpointsclass" refer to and how is it calculated ? (on the 5th part "skills") Thanks a lot for the answer
MarkOdin said: Hello,&nbsp; Could someone tell me what does "skillp Jason B. said: Hello Hoyer, My group and I have a suggestion on the skills page.&nbsp; We feel that having an option to sort the skills (much like the spell page or the gear page) would be very beneficial for many players.&nbsp; The skills you use frequently listed at the top of the page would make the game flow much faster, and less frustrating for the player.&nbsp; If sorting is not an option, then maybe a 'hide' button?&nbsp; If this has been mentioned before, then my apologies.&nbsp;&nbsp; Hi Jason, I understand your problems....more over this list is ordered by the English name, if you a translated version it's became very difficult to find a skill. I don't know if it possible to order the list, i try!!! However it's possible to hide unused skills.

Edited 1675936149
MarkOdin said: Hello,&nbsp; Could someone tell me what does "skillpointsclass" refer to and how is it calculated ? (on the 5th part "skills") Thanks a lot for the answer Hi MarkOdin, that field is an old filed, so I keep it because some old players could use it, but from my point of view is useless. It's a free text filed, you can enter the value.
Hoyer said: Jason B. said: Hello Hoyer, My group and I have a suggestion on the skills page.&nbsp; We feel that having an option to sort the skills (much like the spell page or the gear page) would be very beneficial for many players.&nbsp; The skills you use frequently listed at the top of the page would make the game flow much faster, and less frustrating for the player.&nbsp; If sorting is not an option, then maybe a 'hide' button?&nbsp; If this has been mentioned before, then my apologies.&nbsp;&nbsp; Hi Jason, I understand your problems....more over this list is ordered by the English name, if you a translated version it's became very difficult to find a skill. I don't know if it possible to order the list, i try!!! However it's possible to hide unused skills. I'm not seeing how to hide the unused skills.&nbsp; Could you explain how please?
At this moment you cannot hide some skills, but i'd to add this feature.
Hoyer said: At this moment you cannot hide some skills, but i'd to add this feature. That would be amazing!&nbsp; Thanks for responding!
Hi, Can you tell me if there is a way to make the skill section calculate or subtract the skill points when they are used? I'd like to not have to use the honor system on my players. Also does the Auto calculate&nbsp; function work for HD or HP? If it does how? because I'd like to use that too! Thanks!
Hi Dai, at this momento no.... because to calculate in the correct way how many skill points you should use the sheet should record the history of PC..... I'd like to fix this section, but it's not easy....&nbsp;
So does the Auto calculate box not work either?

Edited 1676584990
No, it works. If you check the box "Auto Calculate", the fields "ECL", "HD Total" and "HP Total" are calculated automatically and they sum of the five fields below: ECL = level 1 + level 2&nbsp;+ level&nbsp;3&nbsp;+ level&nbsp;4&nbsp;+ level&nbsp;5 HD Total= HD 1 + HD 2&nbsp;+ HD&nbsp;3&nbsp;+ HD&nbsp;4&nbsp;+ HD&nbsp;5 HP Total=&nbsp;HP 1 + HP 2 + HP 3&nbsp;+ HP 4&nbsp;+ HP 5 On each line: S.P. tot. = (S.P./liv + Bonus) *&nbsp; HD And in tab Skills Skill Points Total = S.P. tot.&nbsp;1 + S.P. tot.&nbsp;2 + S.P. tot.&nbsp;3 + S.P. tot.&nbsp;4 + S.P. tot.&nbsp;5 You can also edit manually the field "Skill Points Total". But probably should be: S.P. tot. = (S.P./liv) *&nbsp; HD&nbsp;+ Bonus
One more question, can you add a spell point variant to the sheet? I want to use spell points in my campaign for spellcasters and I'd like the sheet to reflect that.
Let me check the rules, i can find them on&nbsp;unearthed arcana, isn't it?
Yes

Edited 1678064492
I wish to compliment you, Hoyer, on some well-considered upgrades to Diana P. D&amp;D 3.5 character sheet. It is making life less messy for us diehard D&amp;D 3.5 players here on Roll20. I had started taking advantage of the fact that any field in these sheets can (usually) take an equation rather than a value to do some of the housekeeping automatically, in much the same way you do on the Arcane Spell Failure (arcanespellfailure) field. For example, based on class levels, I could calculate base saves for each class and put the equations into the base save fields and it would automatically update them with changes in level. If, for instance, I have a rogue as the first class, I know that rogues have good Reflex saves but poor Fortitude and Will saves, so I use the equation&nbsp; [[ floor( @{level1} / 2 ) + 2 ]] in the reflexbase field and [[ floor( @{level1} / 3 ) ]] in the fortitudebase and willbase fields. Then, whenever the rogue increments the level1 field, the base saves automatically adjust accordingly. Naturally, one can simply append clauses to those equations in the case of multiclassing. I do likewise for calculating base attack bonuses (BAB), using [[floor( @{level1} * GAP )]] , where GAP ("Good-Average-Poor") is 1 for good BAB (fighters, rangers, paladins, etc.), 0.75 for average BAB (clerics, rogues, warlocks), or 0.5 for poor BAB (wizards, sorcerers, etc.). Therein lies a bit of a problem: the equation does not entirely work with the new Action sub-tab. It comes out perfectly in the tooltip, and it works for single attack and damage rolls, but when doing auto-calculated full attacks, only the first attack is displayed. I've tried enclosing the equation in calculation brackets [[ ]], parentheses, and both ( [[ ]] ) and it just doesn't display more than the first attack. However, I don't think it is worth fixing this particular problem—at least not by figuring out how to get my kludge equation to work. Since you're tracking more class information in the classes section below the header, how difficult would it be to add four columns to the classes table, perhaps as drop down lists for BAB (Good/Average/Poor), Fortitude saves (Good, Poor), Reflex saves (Good, Poor), and Will saves (Good, Poor)? Then you could have an auto-calculate toggle checkbox for those next to the one for auto-calculating hit points, and the results could be summed from each of the five classes, skipping any where the class name (class1, class2, class3, class4, or class5) is a null string. That way, just changing the level1 through level5 fields would automatically adjust base attack bonuses and base saves at once. Speaking of this, I don't think the skill point total columns are calculating correctly. They seem to be using this equation: totSkillPoint[N] = hitdie[N] * ( skillPointLiv[N] + skillPointBonus[N] ) Where [N] is 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. Since skill points are more properly related to class level and first level characters receive four times as many skill points, the equation should be: totSkillPoint[N] = ( level[N] + 3 ) * ( skillPointLiv[N] + skillPointBonus[N] ) For where [N] = 1, since this is typically the class in which a character gains his first level. Subsequent classes (where [N] is 2 through 5) can use: totSkillPoint[N] = level[N] * ( skillPointLiv[N] + skillPointBonus[N] ) All other tests of your new Action sub-tab seem to be coming through with flying colors. There are some typos, particularly in the Action Tab Description section. I will not be specific right now as this post is running long enough. Still, if you would like some editing assistance, feel free to call on me. I like the direction you are taking this sheet and am happy to assist. Thanks again for your considerable contribution to the community of old version 3.5 users.
Dari said: Yes Hi Dari, could be enough add a field for the magic points?

Edited 1678311454
Hi Keith, your message is very interesting, I try to answer to all your points. Good/Average/Poor your idea is very awesome!!! I could add these new fields and an optional formula to calculate BAB and all ST. probably I have understood why the attack formula doesn't work from the Action tab (however to be sure, could you create a sheet in the&nbsp; Test sheet &nbsp;game? So I can debug it), the sheet read the roll template from relate to the full attack and extract the section relative to the first attack, and then replicate it: &amp;{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=Attacks with the @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=1 - Hitting AC: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit: YES }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: YES }} {{attack2=2 - Hitting AC: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-5 ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit: YES }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: YES }} {{attack3=3 - Hitting AC: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-10 ]] }} {{critconfirm3=Crit: YES }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: YES }} {{attack4=4 - Hitting AC: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc}-15 ]] }} {{critconfirm4=Crit: YES }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: YES }} {{fullattackflag= [[ d1 ]] }} {{notes=@{weapon1specialproperties} }} {{attack1=1 - Hitting AC: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit: YES }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: YES }} so the action section don't care about other attack I don't know if is possible fix it, maybe if I add the new fields.... Skill formula you are right, but you suppose that all player put in the first class-row the class chosen at the first level, but is not always true; I could add a checkbox to choose the class of the first level.
In recent months I have been very busy, but now I back to the refactoring of the sheet, so I have to choose to implement these feature in this version or in the new one.
I may be doing something wrong, but it seems that the Combat Expertise penalty to the Hit roll is subtracted twice when I use Fighting Defensively/Combat Expertise in the Action tab. If someone could shed some light on that, that would be most helpful.
Hi Paul K., you are right it's a mistake, I have fixed it and I'll release the new version. Tanks