Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Page Folders Have Arrived!

I had this. However after getting a new pc it went back to the old set up. How do I get it back?

Edited 1701624071
Inquisition said: I had this. However after getting a new pc it went back to the old set up. How do I get it back? Check the In-game Settings and toggle the Slider for the New UI. You only need to do this once and it is back for all your games...
Gauss
Forum Champion
Inquisition said: I had this. However after getting a new pc it went back to the old set up. How do I get it back? The UI setting is based on a cookie, so if you ever clear your cookies, move computers, etc. you need to set it again.  As TheMarkus1204 stated, it is found in the My Settings tab (top right corner of the game). 
Don't think  it has been answered, will comment my experience. For anyone claiming they still see a page after deleting it (to clarify, from the triple dots on the map selection screen), same thing happened to me, I moved it out of the folder it was in to the root folder, when I went to the root folder, it was gone, both from the root folder, and the folder I had it in. Not sure, but thinking maybe it just doesn't refresh naturally once you delete the page?  Try leaving the folder and going back into it and see if it is still there or not.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Feyte said: Don't think  it has been answered, will comment my experience. For anyone claiming they still see a page after deleting it (to clarify, from the triple dots on the map selection screen), same thing happened to me, I moved it out of the folder it was in to the root folder, when I went to the root folder, it was gone, both from the root folder, and the folder I had it in. Not sure, but thinking maybe it just doesn't refresh naturally once you delete the page?  Try leaving the folder and going back into it and see if it is still there or not. There is a bug where changes to the folders, deletions, etc do not get represented until another change or a refresh occurs. 
Hey folks! We pushed out an update this morning that should hopefully fix those bugs with folders getting stuck when you delete them and requiring a refresh to see that it is gone. In addition, folders that had pages which had been archived inside of them can now be deleted correctly. Thanks!

Edited 1701812149
Gold
Forum Champion
ARCHIVE is not showing up in the Page Folder Tree View Archived Pages is the only "Folder" that seems to not appear in Page-view, and you have to scroll down to the end of Page Menu to see it, to take pages out.  A fix would be: Add "Archive" as an automatic folder for everyone that's always the bottom/lowest on Page Folder Tree view Not a big deal to me, just a minor oddity that could be improved, that is already navigable once you know it's down there like that.  Maybe "Archive" is becomming less important now anyways, since I notice that I have made my own Folder called "Maps DONE". Something for PRO's to take NOTE: if you Transmogrify a Page that was Archived in another game, it will land in Archive folder in your new game. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, I'm guessing the Archive folder only still exists to protect the legacy UI. It doesn't really seem to have a purpose anymore.
And while you are at it, PLEASE give us a context menu for Folders AND Maps. And regarding the ARCHIVE, give us the Option to archive WHOLE Folders... Reason being that with larger campaigns this structure will get bloated... Gold said: ARCHIVE is not showing up in the Page Folder Tree View Archived Pages is the only "Folder" that seems to not appear in Page-view, and you have to scroll down to the end of Page Menu to see it, to take pages out.  A fix would be: Add "Archive" as an automatic folder for everyone that's always the bottom/lowest on Page Folder Tree view Not a big deal to me, just a minor oddity that could be improved, that is already navigable once you know it's down there like that.  Maybe "Archive" is becomming less important now anyways, since I notice that I have made my own Folder called "Maps DONE". Something for PRO's to take NOTE: if you Transmogrify a Page that was Archived in another game, it will land in Archive folder in your new game. 
keithcurtis said: Yeah, I'm guessing the Archive folder only still exists to protect the legacy UI. It doesn't really seem to have a purpose anymore. I would not say that. Sure, it is now a simple folder like every other. BUT it could get used to declutter the folder structure of your campaign by archiving folders that are no longer needed...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
TheMarkus1204 said: keithcurtis said: Yeah, I'm guessing the Archive folder only still exists to protect the legacy UI. It doesn't really seem to have a purpose anymore. I would not say that. Sure, it is now a simple folder like every other. BUT it could get used to declutter the folder structure of your campaign by archiving folders that are no longer needed... All the archive is, is a folder that is slightly more difficult to access. It doesn't have a functional difference in a game. It doesn't reduce the load on the game or improve performance to archive pages (or characters or handouts, for that matter). It never actually "archived" anything. Historically, it's just been a way to sweep things under the rug. An archive system that actually removes pages from the game might have some serious benefits, but neither old nor new system functions that way.
Laurent
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Yeah, I'm guessing the Archive folder only still exists to protect the legacy UI. It doesn't really seem to have a purpose anymore. I disagree with that: a script can access the "archived" property of a page. And I do use that to optimize functions that work over all non-archived pages.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Mod system has read access to the folder structure (I don't know if this is in the documentation yet). You can do this already, and for pages other than "archived". A little more complicated, but ultimately more powerful, since you can define any folder criteria you like.
I allready commented it It would be great to allow player the use of some pages alone, without the GM.  Best would be, if I could have a folder of Maps / Pages, where the setting is set that way, that all the pages/maps within are allowed to the autorized players.  I hope it is understandable, what I am thinking  
keithcurtis said: All the archive is, is a folder that is slightly more difficult to access. It doesn't have a functional difference in a game. It doesn't reduce the load on the game or improve performance to archive pages (or characters or handouts, for that matter). It never actually "archived" anything. Historically, it's just been a way to sweep things under the rug. An archive system that actually removes pages from the game might have some serious benefits, but neither old nor new system functions that way. Agreed, on the Archive not affecting load.  What I have had to do sometimes in the past when a campaign got bloated was to  use Transmogrify to move those assets no longer of immediate use in the main campaign to the backup, and then delete from the main campaign to free up room.    I haven't had to do that since the new Page Folder  system arrived.  Can you Transmogrify whole Map Folders from one game to another?  It looks like you still have to do characters/handouts, etc 1 at a time and can't do whole folders of those.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Transmogrifying of folders (of anything) is not a feature at this time, sadly.
keithcurtis said: Transmogrifying of folders (of anything) is not a feature at this time, sadly. But since Map Folders are a thing now, this is the logical follow up... ^^ AND if Folders can be transmogrified, then please not only for maps but for Journal Folders as well...
Loving this feature!  Helps to stay really organized when I have a ton of content in my One Shot campaign.  Easy to clone from templates and run with them.
This feature is great! Now I would like to be able to transmogrify folders.

Edited 1702662667
Love this feature, and  the flurry of new updates and UI changes. Very needed and appreciated from a long time Roll20 DM.  For some reason in my game, the folders I had made and the ability to create folders has disappeared. Cleared cache and cookies. I *think* all my maps are still there just out of folders now - I had a folder for example for just mood setting splash screens to hold attention and set the scene when we are not on a battlemap, and they are all just mixed in now. It is odd, I'm trying to figure out how to get it re-enabled, it almost has to be a browser bug I'm guessing. *EDIT* NEVERMIND! Posting on a forum always a sure way to then immediately discover your problem. For some reason the UI redesign had been turned off for me in my game after having it on quite a while. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ramblin Hans said: Love this feature, and  the flurry of new updates and UI changes. Very needed and appreciated from a long time Roll20 DM.  For some reason in my game, the folders I had made and the ability to create folders has disappeared. Cleared cache and cookies. I *think* all my maps are still there just out of folders now - I had a folder for example for just mood setting splash screens to hold attention and set the scene when we are not on a battlemap, and they are all just mixed in now. It is odd, I'm trying to figure out how to get it re-enabled, it almost has to be a browser bug I'm guessing. *EDIT* NEVERMIND! Posting on a forum always a sure way to then immediately discover your problem. For some reason the UI redesign had been turned off for me in my game after having it on quite a while.  UI redesign is set via your cookies, so when you clear cookies you have to turn it back on. 
Yea these broke for me today and are no longer working or an option :(
Pretty cool to have folders finally! But i noticed a problem when trying to rename pages: When i click to rename it just takes me to that page when trying to click anywhere inside the naming box and i'm not able to click around the letters at all. :/ I'd usually click to the front to add or delete letters, numbers etc. Only way I can navigate through it now is arrow keys.
Mezakin said: Yea these broke for me today and are no longer working or an option :( The folders broke for your entirely today?
Hey there. I'm runnign a game with a lot of reused maps and so the folder system is a great tool for me and my organization, but it's getting a bit irritating that I can only move the party banner to maps within the same folder? Unless I'm missing something. Can we possibly, in the future, get like, a "right click: set as active map" feature? or as an option on the tri-colon button?

Edited 1705769857
Gauss
Forum Champion
Hi Brian,  Could you clarify what you mean about "only move the party banner to maps within the same folder"? You can move the party banner to any map, in any folder.  Brian C. said: Hey there. I'm runnign a game with a lot of reused maps and so the folder system is a great tool for me and my organization, but it's getting a bit irritating that I can only move the party banner to maps within the same folder? Unless I'm missing something. Can we possibly, in the future, get like, a "right click: set as active map" feature? or as an option on the tri-colon button?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Brian C. said: Hey there. I'm runnign a game with a lot of reused maps and so the folder system is a great tool for me and my organization, but it's getting a bit irritating that I can only move the party banner to maps within the same folder? Unless I'm missing something. Can we possibly, in the future, get like, a "right click: set as active map" feature? or as an option on the tri-colon button? Hi Brian! To drag to a page in a different folder, make sure that page is visible, and drag the flag from the upper right corner of the menu, the one that lists the players that are on that flag. Within a folder, it is frequently quicker to drag the flag from page to page, but the group flag at the upper right is available anywhere, and greatly facilitates splitting and rejoining the party.
Oooooh! That's the only flag symbol I didn't try this with apparently. Problem resolved.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That Party Toolbox up there has some pretty cool organizational abilities. It's worth taking a deeper dive on.
And we STILL have no CONTEXT MENU (right click menu) for this...