Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL v. 2.4

Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
ps: my HotDQ is saying "Compendium sharing has been removed from this game." will this have an effect as a player? If you own the PHB, then you will always see the PHB content. If you do not own the PHB, then you will not see the PHB content.
Rash said: Kyle G. said: The script will find the ID for the item if none is provided in the ammo section of the attack. If you are removing and readding the item Arrows to the character sheet, this will invalidate the ammo sections that use the item since the new Arrows item will have a new ID. If you remove the ID from the ammo section for the attack (simply make this section "Arrows") and then click the attack button, this should fix the problem and update the ID for this ammo section. Let me know if it still doesn't work. Using a new Shortbow and a new arrow item, and addin the ammo section with "Arrows" and then attacking gives me nothing. ps: my HotDQ is saying "Compendium sharing has been removed from this game." will this have an effect as a player? Just for sanity sack, is the arrow item's name the same as the name used in the ammo section? Secondly, is there an error being in the API scripts page that requires you to reset the API scripts? The creator of the game may have to check this if you do not have GM control. As for the Compendium error, I don't think that would have an impact on the script. It should simply mean that you cannot drag PHB, VGtM, or MM material from the compendium into the game, but the SRD material should still be there if the creator has the game set to use the Compendium. If the entire Compendium has been removed, it simply means that you cannot drag-and-drop at all, but the API script should still be able to work if it did not crash already.

Edited 1532976292
Just wanted to let the devs know that my players are not able to drag anything into their sheets from the compendium...even simple things like a longbow that are part of the SRD. This is also true of any spells. As creator and DM of the game, I have no issue adding it for them though. This has been going on since before the 2.4 update. I do have a player who controls more than one character, if that has anything to do with it. And I do have the PHB and compendium sharing is turned on. Edit: If a dev would like to poke around my game, feel free :-) It's the Out of the Abyss one.
Jacob said: Just wanted to let the devs know that my players are not able to drag anything into their sheets from the compendium...even simple things like a longbow that are part of the SRD. This is also true of any spells. As creator and DM of the game, I have no issue adding it for them though. This has been going on since before the 2.4 update. I do have a player who controls more than one character, if that has anything to do with it. And I do have the PHB and compendium sharing is turned on. Edit: If a dev would like to poke around my game, feel free :-) It's the Out of the Abyss one. Ask your players if they have their sheets popped out (in another tab). Drag-and-drop does not function outside of the VTT.
They are not popped out...that's the first thing we checked :-)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jacob said: Just wanted to let the devs know that my players are not able to drag anything into their sheets from the compendium...even simple things like a longbow that are part of the SRD. This is also true of any spells. As creator and DM of the game, I have no issue adding it for them though. This has been going on since before the 2.4 update. I do have a player who controls more than one character, if that has anything to do with it. And I do have the PHB and compendium sharing is turned on. Edit: If a dev would like to poke around my game, feel free :-) It's the Out of the Abyss one. Have your players try dropping a different type of thing I.E. if they're stuck on a spell, try an item. If that doesn't fix it I'll take a look. Let me know the name of a PC who is having this issue.
Steve K. said: Jacob said: Just wanted to let the devs know that my players are not able to drag anything into their sheets from the compendium...even simple things like a longbow that are part of the SRD. This is also true of any spells. As creator and DM of the game, I have no issue adding it for them though. This has been going on since before the 2.4 update. I do have a player who controls more than one character, if that has anything to do with it. And I do have the PHB and compendium sharing is turned on. Edit: If a dev would like to poke around my game, feel free :-) It's the Out of the Abyss one. Have your players try dropping a different type of thing I.E. if they're stuck on a spell, try an item. If that doesn't fix it I'll take a look. Let me know the name of a PC who is having this issue. Everything seems to be working now. Interesting since for the past 8 weeks I've had to add everything to the sheets myself. And I even checked one of the player's computer myself to make sure that the sheets were not popped out...since it's my wife who is sitting across from me in the same room :-) Not sure if you did anything Steve or if it's just one of these cases where things get fixed automagically just because I ask for help in the forums :P It wouldn't be the first time. I will post here if it happens again but for now, we are all very happy! Thank You!
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, all! We pushed a little update today that fixes the global modifiers. Now, when you hide or delete a global modifier, it no longer applies to those sections. (Update July 31, 2018)  Global modifiers now only apply if they are shown, and when you delete them, they will no longer apply.
Should unchecking the equipped box remove that item's weight from your character's total?  It doesn't seem to do it on this sheet.
Josh M said: Should unchecking the equipped box remove that item's weight from your character's total?  It doesn't seem to do it on this sheet. No, unequipping an item removes any changes that equipping an item has on the character sheet (such as an stat modifiers, or attacks). Though it is unequipped the item is still considered to be carried by that character and thus affects the weight the character is carrying. If you want to remove the weight without removing the item, I would recommend changing the item's quantity to 0 and making a note in the Treasures section of the BIO page as to how many of that item you previously had.
Steve K. said: Jacob said: Just wanted to let the devs know that my players are not able to drag anything into their sheets from the compendium...even simple things like a longbow that are part of the SRD. This is also true of any spells. As creator and DM of the game, I have no issue adding it for them though. This has been going on since before the 2.4 update. I do have a player who controls more than one character, if that has anything to do with it. And I do have the PHB and compendium sharing is turned on. Edit: If a dev would like to poke around my game, feel free :-) It's the Out of the Abyss one. Have your players try dropping a different type of thing I.E. if they're stuck on a spell, try an item. If that doesn't fix it I'll take a look. Let me know the name of a PC who is having this issue. Issue has reappeared today. My wife is leveling up her character and is not able to drag new spells into her Cleric's sheet which is not popped out (character name is Binky). Spells are from the PHB and I still have compendium sharing on. She also tried to add a battleaxe and couldn't do it. I had to add everything for her.
Jacob, can you confirm that she is using a supported browser (Chrome or Firefox)? Sorry for the 20 questions, just trying to rule out all of the things that I have seen cause problems for people trying to drag-and-drop to make Steve's life easier.
Oh yeah, she's on the latest Chrome and the funny thing is that this issue is sporadic. It worked yesterday with no changes to her computer or anything else that we're aware of.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jacob said: Oh yeah, she's on the latest Chrome and the funny thing is that this issue is sporadic. It worked yesterday with no changes to her computer or anything else that we're aware of. I took a look at the Binky the Hermit character and wasn't able to reproduce your issue. Next time it happens can you check the browser's console log for any errors? See if the problem happens if you switch to Firefox or from a Chrome Incognito window.
Kenton
Forum Champion
Translator
We just released a hotfix that fixes an issue in which users who gained access to compendium items through compendium sharing couldn't drag that content into their character sheets or games. Please reload your game if you were having this issue. In addition, charactermancer is now much faster when it finishes. Read the full release notes  here . Please continue to report any bugs in this thread; these two hotfixes may cause some things to not drop correctly, and we want to fix those as quickly as we can.

Edited 1533250306
Having lots of issues with the character sheet recently, the cantrip dice don't seem to work all of the sudden and when I manually turn it on it breaks the DC for the attack. I've tried deleting and re adding the spell (Sacred Flame) but it does the same thing. Edit: seems to happen with all cantrips.
Anthony V. said: Having lots of issues with the character sheet recently, the cantrip dice don't seem to work all of the sudden and when I manually turn it on it breaks the DC for the attack. I've tried deleting and re adding the spell (Sacred Flame) but it does the same thing. Edit: seems to happen with all cantrips. That's a known issue from the first post in this thread.
Luke said: Anthony V. said: Having lots of issues with the character sheet recently, the cantrip dice don't seem to work all of the sudden and when I manually turn it on it breaks the DC for the attack. I've tried deleting and re adding the spell (Sacred Flame) but it does the same thing. Edit: seems to happen with all cantrips. That's a known issue from the first post in this thread. Thank you sorry for not realizing that !
I have an issue dealing with spell attacks. When clicking a spell attack from the spell page, from either a PC or NPC sheet, it outputs nothing to the chat. The spells I tested were burning hands and scorching ray if you wanted to know, both of which unaltered when dragged from the PHB compendium.
Evan S. said: I have an issue dealing with spell attacks. When clicking a spell attack from the spell page, from either a PC or NPC sheet, it outputs nothing to the chat. The spells I tested were burning hands and scorching ray if you wanted to know, both of which unaltered when dragged from the PHB compendium. Are you able to print other rolls to the chat? If not, it sounds like the GM needs to clear the chat archive outside of the VTT as it has become corrupted.
Steve K. said: Jacob said: Oh yeah, she's on the latest Chrome and the funny thing is that this issue is sporadic. It worked yesterday with no changes to her computer or anything else that we're aware of. I took a look at the Binky the Hermit character and wasn't able to reproduce your issue. Next time it happens can you check the browser's console log for any errors? See if the problem happens if you switch to Firefox or from a Chrome Incognito window. Hi Steve, I just sent you a PM with the log file as the issue happened again while trying to drag in a spell.
Sorry if someone else has posted these, I just noticed them now. - Spell save DCs for characters don't include ability modifier (but cantrips do). Doesn't seem to be a way to fix this. - "Add ability modifier to damage/healing" doesn't work either.

Edited 1533375832
Olivia M. said: Sorry if someone else has posted these, I just noticed them now. - Spell save DCs for characters don't include ability modifier (but cantrips do). Doesn't seem to be a way to fix this. - "Add ability modifier to damage/healing" doesn't work either. There is actually a little drop down in each of the spell settings where you have to pick the spellcasting ability modifier. I had to go through my players druid spells yesterday, re-selecting 'Wisdom' over and over again... only took me a few mins. To be honest, I'm not sure if this is a new feature or just something I've never noticed before.
godthedj said: Olivia M. said: Sorry if someone else has posted these, I just noticed them now. - Spell save DCs for characters don't include ability modifier (but cantrips do). Doesn't seem to be a way to fix this. - "Add ability modifier to damage/healing" doesn't work either. There is actually a little drop down in each of the spell settings where you have to pick the spellcasting ability modifier. I had to go through my players druid spells yesterday, re-selecting 'Wisdom' over and over again... only took me a few mins. To be honest, I'm not sure if this is a new feature or just something I've never noticed before. It is new actually. It the character sheet was pre-charactermancer, this value will be set to None. You can either re-drag all of the spells from the compendium to get the correct value or manually change each spell to the appropriate value. The value can be Wisdom if you want to ensure that Wisdom is the modifier used, or your can set it to Spell which will default the spellcasting ability for the spell to the spellcasting ability of the spellcaster. For example a Druid's spellcasting ability is Wisdom, so when this value is set to Spell for the character Wisdom will be the ability used for DC/attack rolls.
Is there any way to get the html code for the sheet ?  I have several changes I would like to do to add extra resources (so I can manipulate them via macros) as well as modify the money on the sheet.
Xargun said: Is there any way to get the html code for the sheet ?  I have several changes I would like to do to add extra resources (so I can manipulate them via macros) as well as modify the money on the sheet. It's on Github .
Kyle G. said: Xargun said: Is there any way to get the html code for the sheet ?  I have several changes I would like to do to add extra resources (so I can manipulate them via macros) as well as modify the money on the sheet. It's on Github . Thank you !!! Now my players won't need 4 handouts to handle all their in game stuff... I'm not great at coding, but I can 'edit' someone else's work just can't do it from scratch myself...
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Daniel M. said (elsewhere): I am working on a character for a campaign I just joined. Ok, so I had to manually enter 3 spells in my attacks and spells section of the character sheet. I also had to manually enter an item (Rod of the Pact Keeper +1) which gives +1 to your spell attack mod and spell save DC. Without knowing how to custom make an item (which may not even be possible) I added the +1 in the class options under the gear tab As seen here However the 3 spells that I entered manually are not reflecting the change made As shown here Can anyone explain why they are not directly linked for me and if possible  could you share with me how to go about making a custom item that does the work itself? Please and thanks for your help, Dan.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hello!  Daniel M. Did you set up the Spells on the Spells tab and mark them as Output: Attack like this: You'll want to fill out the high light items in particular for them to show up in the attacks with the right global modifiers.
Thanks for the response. Quick answer is no. Figured that out this morning with another player in my campaign. I was entering the spell, and the also entering a separate macro for that spell. Sorry for not realizing this before making a thread. You can put this one as Solved. Thanks again, Dan
Hi. I might be remembering this wrong (or there might be something wrong with my sheets) but didn't the OGL sheet used to track the remaining Hit Dice? I am using the Hit Dice from the character sheet, and I remember that the remaining number of hit dice used to be decreased, but that does not seem to happen. Any idea on what's wrong?
Gabor M. said: Hi. I might be remembering this wrong (or there might be something wrong with my sheets) but didn't the OGL sheet used to track the remaining Hit Dice? I am using the Hit Dice from the character sheet, and I remember that the remaining number of hit dice used to be decreased, but that does not seem to happen. Any idea on what's wrong? That I don't think is standard, - I have it on mine, but I think I installed an extra API - Lemmie check which one and I'll get back to you... EDIT: Ah, I think it's this one:&nbsp; [Scriptlet] 5e OGL Hit Dice Helper &nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5581501/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5581501/slug%7D</a>
Is there anywhere I can add a custom school of magic, so when selecting a spells school it appears in the menu?
DjSeaghost said: Is there anywhere I can add a custom school of magic, so when selecting a spells school it appears in the menu? Not without using a custom character sheet. That list in hard-coded into the HTML of the character sheet.

Edited 1534456099
I am unable to add Tasha's Hideous Laughter to my character sheet. I had copied it down manually at first, not realizing that we could drag spells from the compendium. I deleted it when I found out, in hopes of fixing the DC rolls that I had created incorrectly, but it will not copy over. Other spells, like True Polymorph and Telekinesis copy over fine, just not Tasha's. The character is a level 3 bard. The error in my console is: Compendium item dropped onto target! <a href="https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%3ATasha's%20Hideous%20Laughter.json?plaintext=true" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Spells%3ATasha's%20Hideous%20Laughter.json?plaintext=true</a> &nbsp; app.js?1534264383:352&nbsp; 2 OPTIONS <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/</a> 405 ()&nbsp; marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/:1 Failed to load <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/bundle/29/players-handbook/</a>: Response to preflight request app.roll20.net/:1&nbsp; doesn't pass access control check: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource. Origin '<a href="https://app.roll20.net" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net</a>' is therefore not allowed access.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Eli C. said: I am unable to add Tasha's Hideous Laughter to my character sheet. I had copied it down manually at first, not realizing that we could drag spells from the compendium. I deleted it when I found out, in hopes of fixing the DC rolls that I had created incorrectly, but it will not copy over. Other spells, like True Polymorph and Telekinesis copy over fine, just not Tasha's. The character is a level 3 bard. Thanks for your report! I can reproduce the issue, and have notified devs. As a workaround, "Hideous Laughter" from the SRD should be able to drop. The information is the same between the two spells, except the name.
If the character sheet is for example level 6. should the subclass features and such automatically transfer when moving the subclass? if not then it is work as designed, otherwise it does not work and does not add any subclass features to the sheet. Using the PHB addon.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported elsewhere : bruce j. &nbsp;said: We noticed in our game last night that the casters were not getting the correct Spell Save DC when the spell info is displayed in the chat box. I'm not sure where the issue may lie but I'm hoping someone has some suggestions. There were no modifications in the game between the previous session and last night. We are using the 5th Edition (OGL by Roll20). The image below is a capture showing the DC displayed for Fireball (the same number appears for any spell cast that allows a save), as well as the Spell Save DC on the sheet itself. &nbsp; This image shows the setting from the Attributes and Abilities page: &nbsp;
Ethan S. said: If the character sheet is for example level 6. should the subclass features and such automatically transfer when moving the subclass? if not then it is work as designed, otherwise it does not work and does not add any subclass features to the sheet. Using the PHB addon. Currently, the charactermancer only supports level 1 characters. In the future, higher levels will be available, but the devs are wanting to work out any bugs with the level 1 charactermancer before moving on to non-PHB classes/races as well as higher level characters. Until then, you will have to manually add features and traits gained at higher levels.
keithcurtis said: Reported elsewhere : bruce j. &nbsp;said: We noticed in our game last night that the casters were not getting the correct Spell Save DC when the spell info is displayed in the chat box. I'm not sure where the issue may lie but I'm hoping someone has some suggestions. There were no modifications in the game between the previous session and last night. We are using the 5th Edition (OGL by Roll20). The image below is a capture showing the DC displayed for Fireball (the same number appears for any spell cast that allows a save), as well as the Spell Save DC on the sheet itself. &nbsp; This image shows the setting from the Attributes and Abilities page: With the charactermancer update, a new field was added to spells that allows the player to specify the ability modifier used for the spell. This is meant to allow multi-class characters that use different spellcasting abilities or innate spellcasting characters the ability to use the correct modifier for these spells. Because this field was recently added, any spells that were added to the character sheet before the field will need to be manually updated to reflect this change. Like so:
Thank you, Kyle G. - It works perfectly!
Bug: When using Global Damage Modifier for Sneak Attack and setting damage to "2d6[SNEAK]", working as intended, but when setting damage to "[[ceil(@{base_level}/2)]]d6[SNEAK]", damage is correct on regular hits, but the bonus damage from sneak crits incorrectly shows "3d6[SNEAK]" instead of "2d6[SNEAK]". Feature request: Please make Global Damage/Attack/Save/Skill Modifier fields clickable to display the formatted roll/value in chat by itself, so if you make a roll without enabling the global, you can just click to have the global portion display.
Hello everyone! In an effort to keep the forums organized this thread has been unstickied and will instead be available through the stickied post titled " Character Sheet FAQ &amp; Thread Repository "
After leveling up my cleric, spells no longer seem to get marked off when I cast them. I had to reupdate my spells because they were affected by the issue above (it lost my WIS mod on my Disciple of Life healing spells, but not the extra healing). I pulled the spells in from the compendium (SRD), I didn't make them, but none of my spells result in spell slots decreasing. I'm not sure if it's related to this update or something else.
pocketmouse said: After leveling up my cleric, spells no longer seem to get marked off when I cast them. I had to reupdate my spells because they were affected by the issue above (it lost my WIS mod on my Disciple of Life healing spells, but not the extra healing). I pulled the spells in from the compendium (SRD), I didn't make them, but none of my spells result in spell slots decreasing. I'm not sure if it's related to this update or something else. Are any of the spells marked as innate (a value in the innate field) or a ritual spell. By default innate spells and ritual spells are not tracked via spell slots and are assumed to be cast in one of these other ways.
Nope - I'm talking stuff like Cure Wounds or Bless.
pocketmouse said: Nope - I'm talking stuff like Cure Wounds or Bless. Is there an error in the API?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Marcos B. said (elsewhere): I spent some time without logging into the roll20 and did not follow the modifications, so yesterday when I opened my game, the character sheets were like this (photo below). I have tried everything: updating the browser, changing the browser, updating all the software on my computer, creating another game, creating other characters sheets, modifying the type of character sheet, reinstalling the browser ... everything. But I could not solve it. If anyone knows what's happening I appreciate the help.&nbsp; Ps.: Apparently for the players, the character sheets are normal.
GenKitty said: Marcos B. said (elsewhere): I spent some time without logging into the roll20 and did not follow the modifications, so yesterday when I opened my game, the character sheets were like this (photo below). I have tried everything: updating the browser, changing the browser, updating all the software on my computer, creating another game, creating other characters sheets, modifying the type of character sheet, reinstalling the browser ... everything. But I could not solve it. If anyone knows what's happening I appreciate the help.&nbsp; Ps.: Apparently for the players, the character sheets are normal. The font makes me think that you are using a browser other than Chrome or Firefox. Roll20 is only supported on these browers. If you are using one of them but still experiencing the problem, try resetting your zoom to 100% (on Chrome simple push&nbsp; Ctrl-0)