Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL v. 2.4

xTimmyx said: Evan said: godthedj said: Timmy. In the meantime, are you not able to utilize the global damage modifier field more? Or even add prompts into the usual damage field box? E.g. something like below? 1d8[Usual slashing]+?{Is the enemy undead?|No,0|Yes,1d8}[Radiant Vs Undead] Maybe this is a bad idea, but I just duplicate weapons in my player's attacks so they don't get the prompt every  time they roll. That way if they know (or think) the enemy is undead they click the appropriate weapon. Pertaining to the Global Modifier thing, for people that are simple like i am... I dont know code, so i dont know how to do the fancy dancy code work to make something really cool.   Second,  about the duplicate weapons,  i do that to, but its taking up real estate on the attacks and spell casting section.  Simply adding in a Damage field 3 and 4 will provide a more concise weapon or spell input.   Not to mention, trying to put in custom weapons in and tieing in your classes special abilities or the like.  what about that Flame tongue longsword?  wanna use it one handed or two handed?  gotta put in duplicate weapon entries.   and what about the rangers favoured enemy input?  especially when they have a Flame Tongue longsword?  Things like that would be better off concise into 1 weapon, and then when you hit the weapon to attack, it'll bring up the text on one go in the chatroom.   So please Mods and developers.. i beg of you, to please put in a Damage 3 and 4 into attacks and spell casting. <3 <3 <3  I get what you're saying, but then that extra "noise" appears on every single attack the PC makes (unless you macro it via ChatSetAttr or the like). So attacking a goblin? Well it still shows the extra radiant damage you do to Undead, plus the extra damage you do to your Favored Enemy which happen to be giants. If you and your players are accepting of the fact that the extra damage would not always be relevant, then I think your suggestion is valid and as Jeremy suggests above, should go into the Suggestions forum. In general I think there's a fine line between automation, which is a benefit of a VTT like Roll20 and complexity, which is a side-effect the platform's power. Another idea I had for likes Favoured Enemy and the like is to add a general Attack (which is just damage) that player's click (or can be triggered by macros or API) to add the damage to any  attack. That way you don't have to fill in the "Damage 2" field on every attack. So an example might be: Ranger shoots their longbow at a giant (their favoured enemy). They hit, so they roll the bow's damage and then click the favoured enemy damage as well. TL;dr I kind of rambled on about different ways to skin a cat.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Sesserdrix said: Is there a way to add Sanity or Honor to the sheet? This is in our backlog but we do not have an ETA on it. I use the Sanity & Honor systems as well and for now track it in Other Resources. Laðy Laмвðaðelтa said: Can we please  get an option to bump an NPC's spell list to a second column on an NPC character sheet? Having it tacked onto the bottom is just really inconvenient, especially since there is also a bunch of unnecessary whitespace on the sheet below even the spell list. Excellent suggestion. There has been conversations about using more horizontal space in general and this would be a good test case. I can't say if this will come to fruition but I appreciate we have users like you out there also interested in this.
Bug report: The Query Advantage option on the Default Sheet Setting does not work. If you have the Default Sheet Setting set to Query Advantage, new characters created will have Always Roll Advantage instead. This occurs regardless of Charactermancer being on or off, the default NPC option toggle, and also occurs when spawning a Compendium monster. This only happens with Query Advantage. Always Roll Advantage, Advantage Toggle and Never Roll Advantage work as expected on all the above ways I tested. I tested this on a fresh game using only the 5e sheet, so this isn't a conflict with another API. Also, Query Advantage does function correctly if you manually switch a sheet to it. The bug only effects the Default Sheet Setting.
If you set it to query it will say Always roll advantage but will actually query if you click an attack. Its an odd bug.
Not sure if this is the right place but can I suggest making it so Attack Spells only populate the actions field when they are prepared? One of my players is a 15th level druid, and the amount of actions on his sheet is getting a little out of hand.

Edited 1543963512
I'm also not being able to drag & drop my token from Bio & Info page onto the map, in most games now. All the mouse does is highlight nearby text, but it won't "grab" the image. This is occurring with other games than D&D 5E, too. Is this related to the Importing / Macro Corruption problem (a few posts up from here)? Is there a fix, or a workaround?  GMs can create a token for me, but it's a nuisance. Thank you!
Helen P. said: I'm also not being able to drag & drop my token from Bio & Info page onto the map, in most games now. All the mouse does is highlight nearby text, but it won't "grab" the image. This is occurring with other games than D&D 5E, too. Is this related to the Importing / Macro Corruption problem (a few posts up from here)? Is there a fix, or a workaround?  GMs can create a token for me, but it's a nuisance. Thank you! You want to drag and drop from the character sheet in the journal itself not from the bio.
Thank you, Anthony, that change works just fine.
Hello, Hit points are not being rolled when I drag a monster from the compendium. It only lists the default hit points. The dice formula is listed and it will roll if I open the sheet and click on the hit points.  How do I make the OGL sheet roll the monsters HP when I drag it out?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Albert R. At this time, I believe the hit points are only static like you would find them in the published content. The stat blocks have to be set manually if you want to customize them.
Albert R. If you have scripting available to you the 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion script has " !npchp character name - Rolls NPC hit point totals using their formula and updates the token bar. If no character name is provided it will roll the selected tokens. " Which only works once per token, if you don't like the roll you have to delete the token and drop another one.  There is also the MonsterHitDice script that will " Automatically fills in the hit points for a characters dragged onto the table top. "
Thanks Desecrator.  The MonsterHitDice script solved my problem.

Edited 1544051343
Another question. How do I set up the lucky feat so that the 3 luck points are tied to a resource box in the OGL sheet?

Edited 1544097532
The Lucky Feat? That's the one that gives you 3 unearned 'inspiration points' a day?  How would you plan to use it? Would you want a 'prompt' every time you make a saving, skill or attack roll? - Or would you simply be happy to manually adjust the resource box each time? The only thing I can think of off the top of my head, would be to enable ammunition tracking, set your sheet to 'query advantage' and then make a new resource called 'Luck' and then add a 'prompt' in every single attack ammunition field... Luck, ?{Are you feeling lucky, Punk?|No, 0|Yes, 1} I may have got that code wrong. I'm not on roll20. This would just remove a 'luck' point each time you chose to be 'lucky' when attacking. However, you'd need to still manually select 'Advantage' too when asked. Admittedly - It's not a great plan since I don't think that you can have spells 'spend ammo' unless they're considered 'attacks'... in fact... I would like to check on that bit.... - I'll ask a separate question below
Hey. I think I already know the answer to this, (which is.... a 'No') but is there a way that I can set up my players spells, so that when they use a spell such as umm... 'teleportation circle' which costs 50gp, that it automatically removes the GP (if available) from their sheet. If it were a character attack, I could maybe fudge it by putting their gold in a 'resource' field and then using the ammo tracker. I could even make a resource called 'Gold set aside for magic use!' I use the chatsetattr api already, but I'm not sure if this would help in this situation? Many spells that cost money though don't get attack rolls, and therefore don't have an 'Ammo Tracking' capability. Thanks!
Could someone provide some background to the definitions of, and situational usefulness of (presumably for macro purposes), the following fields: jack jack_bonus jack_attr pbd_safe I realize that the first three are tied (I think) to the Jack of All Trades feature/ability, but it isn't completely clear to me why jack is 1 on all my players' character sheets, jack_bonus is "+1" (as opposed to "1" as it is with, say, dexterity_mod) for the bard, and jack_attr is "+1@{pbd_safe}".  I believe pbd_safe is tied in some way to pb , or proficiency bonus, but that relationship isn't clear to me given pbd_safe is blank and pb is "3" in this case. I did a search through the forums and didn't see that this has been discussed in the past (and I didn't find it detailed out in the wiki for the OGL sheet).  Thanks in advance for your assistance!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported Elsewhere : Turtle  said: One of my players is getting this error anytime they roll crit damage. Is this something in my settings or is there a way that I can fix this without having to turn off the field anytime crit damage needs to be rolled? SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. We are using the 5e D&D sheet by Roll20. %{-LMqo5ENVg2XM8g3_dk6|repeating_attack_-LSuAmHBTigr6N3iUVuZ_attack_crit} It only happens when a global modifier is setup for rage damage. If we turn that off then the error stops.
keithcurtis said: Reported Elsewhere : Turtle  said: One of my players is getting this error anytime they roll crit damage. Is this something in my settings or is there a way that I can fix this without having to turn off the field anytime crit damage needs to be rolled? SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. We are using the 5e D&D sheet by Roll20. %{-LMqo5ENVg2XM8g3_dk6|repeating_attack_-LSuAmHBTigr6N3iUVuZ_attack_crit} It only happens when a global modifier is setup for rage damage. If we turn that off then the error stops. What is the code being used for the rage damage global macro?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
godthedj said: Hey. I think I already know the answer to this, (which is.... a 'No') but is there a way that I can set up my players spells, so that when they use a spell such as umm... 'teleportation circle' which costs 50gp, that it automatically removes the GP (if available) from their sheet. You'd have to manually prepare it as a macro for each but you could add a the API script for setting attributes to deduct 50 from the gold attribute, @{gp}, when the spell is cast.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott P. said: Could someone provide some background to the definitions of, and situational usefulness of (presumably for macro purposes), the following fields: jack jack_bonus jack_attr pbd_safe I realize that the first three are tied (I think) to the Jack of All Trades feature/ability, but it isn't completely clear to me why jack is 1 on all my players' character sheets, jack_bonus is "+1" (as opposed to "1" as it is with, say, dexterity_mod) for the bard, and jack_attr is "+1@{pbd_safe}".  I believe pbd_safe is tied in some way to pb , or proficiency bonus, but that relationship isn't clear to me given pbd_safe is blank and pb is "3" in this case. I did a search through the forums and didn't see that this has been discussed in the past (and I didn't find it detailed out in the wiki for the OGL sheet).  Thanks in advance for your assistance! jack is a boolean 1/0 for whether the feature is active jack_bonus is just the bonus you'd get if you are applying jack of all trades jack_attr is the total of jack of all trades  pbd_safe is probably what you care about, it's the final result of figuring out which kind of pb you are using, traditional or a die roll, and then setting it to that or half that if you have jack of all trades but no proficiency
Seconding this request, again. Anthony V. said: Not sure if this is the right place but can I suggest making it so Attack Spells only populate the actions field when they are prepared? One of my players is a 15th level druid, and the amount of actions on his sheet is getting a little out of hand.
Hi Steve, and thanks for your reply, which provided helpful information.  I have a couple of follow-up clarifications. 1) Any idea why all my player's characters have a jack value of 1, when only one actually has the Jack of All Trades selected in the Character Sheet Settings? 2) Why does  jack_bonus  populate with "+1" instead of "1" as is populated with dexterity_mod , strength_mod , etc.? 3) I think I understand that jack_attr  populates with "+1@{pbd_safe}" as that string is intended to calculate as  jack_bonus plus pbd_safe , or the total value of the attribute bonus? 4) You said that pbd_safe should be pb or half of pb if Jack of All Trades is selected.  Any idea why pbd_safe would be blank on all of my player's character sheets? Thank you again for your assistance! Steve K. said: Scott P. said: Could someone provide some background to the definitions of, and situational usefulness of (presumably for macro purposes), the following fields: jack jack_bonus jack_attr pbd_safe I realize that the first three are tied (I think) to the Jack of All Trades feature/ability, but it isn't completely clear to me why jack is 1 on all my players' character sheets, jack_bonus is "+1" (as opposed to "1" as it is with, say, dexterity_mod) for the bard, and jack_attr is "+1@{pbd_safe}".  I believe pbd_safe is tied in some way to pb , or proficiency bonus, but that relationship isn't clear to me given pbd_safe is blank and pb is "3" in this case. I did a search through the forums and didn't see that this has been discussed in the past (and I didn't find it detailed out in the wiki for the OGL sheet).  Thanks in advance for your assistance! jack is a boolean 1/0 for whether the feature is active jack_bonus is just the bonus you'd get if you are applying jack of all trades jack_attr is the total of jack of all trades  pbd_safe is probably what you care about, it's the final result of figuring out which kind of pb you are using, traditional or a die roll, and then setting it to that or half that if you have jack of all trades but no proficiency
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Scott P. said: Hi Steve, and thanks for your reply, which provided helpful information.  I have a couple of follow-up clarifications. 1) Any idea why all my player's characters have a jack value of 1, when only one actually has the Jack of All Trades selected in the Character Sheet Settings? 2) Why does  jack_bonus  populate with "+1" instead of "1" as is populated with dexterity_mod , strength_mod , etc.? 3) I think I understand that jack_attr  populates with "+1@{pbd_safe}" as that string is intended to calculate as  jack_bonus plus pbd_safe , or the total value of the attribute bonus? 4) You said that pbd_safe should be pb or half of pb if Jack of All Trades is selected.  Any idea why pbd_safe would be blank on all of my player's character sheets? Thank you again for your assistance! 1) Looks like I was mistaken, @{jack_of_all_trades} is the checkbox boolean for whether or not you have it selected and it uses @{jack} as its value. So, that is either 0 or @{jack} if it's checked. And the @{jack} attribute defaults to a value of 1, but @{jack} gets updated from 1 every time your PB changes, depending on which PB method you're using. By default it updates to Math.floor(pb/2). So, your player with @{jack_of_all_trades} checked would need to have a PB of 4 before their @{jack} attribute will stop matching the default 1. 2, 3, & 4) All of these are set in the "update_pb" function and then used to repopulate the final values for attributes, skills, tools, and initiative. They aren't the final properties that get used by the sheet rolls, they just help come up with the final numbers. If you're interested in the exact way the sausage is made, you can find the code publicly available here . The exact lines of interest to you are #9800 and #9835.
Steve K. said: Scott P. said: Hi Steve, and thanks for your reply, which provided helpful information.  I have a couple of follow-up clarifications. 1) Any idea why all my player's characters have a jack value of 1, when only one actually has the Jack of All Trades selected in the Character Sheet Settings? 2) Why does  jack_bonus  populate with "+1" instead of "1" as is populated with dexterity_mod , strength_mod , etc.? 3) I think I understand that jack_attr  populates with "+1@{pbd_safe}" as that string is intended to calculate as  jack_bonus plus pbd_safe , or the total value of the attribute bonus? 4) You said that pbd_safe should be pb or half of pb if Jack of All Trades is selected.  Any idea why pbd_safe would be blank on all of my player's character sheets? Thank you again for your assistance! 1) Looks like I was mistaken, @{jack_of_all_trades} is the checkbox boolean for whether or not you have it selected and it uses @{jack} as its value. So, that is either 0 or @{jack} if it's checked. And the @{jack} attribute defaults to a value of 1, but @{jack} gets updated from 1 every time your PB changes, depending on which PB method you're using. By default it updates to Math.floor(pb/2). So, your player with @{jack_of_all_trades} checked would need to have a PB of 4 before their @{jack} attribute will stop matching the default 1. 2, 3, & 4) All of these are set in the "update_pb" function and then used to repopulate the final values for attributes, skills, tools, and initiative. They aren't the final properties that get used by the sheet rolls, they just help come up with the final numbers. If you're interested in the exact way the sausage is made, you can find the code publicly available here . The exact lines of interest to you are #9800 and #9835. Thanks Steve.  I took a quick look at the code but it still isn't clear to me what pbd_safe is meant to represent or why jack_bonus uses a "+1" instead of a "1", but it sounds like those fields are primarily used for the updating of the Proficiency Bonus and aren't as useful for macro purposes.  I'll stay away from using those and stick with the final calculation fields (e.g., athletics_bonus ). I'm guessing it's challenging for the development team when you create various attributes to use in your programming and folks like me try and grab them to use for macros.  Any documentation of the derivation and proper use of the attributes on the sheet is much appreciated.

Edited 1544883286
Over the last week or two, I've noticed a bug in the damage for existing offhand weapons. I've had to remove the DEX or STR, even though I am certain I had done so before. Not sure: I may have had to do this repeatedly for the same weapon, I think it may not always happen to all the offhand weapons, I think it's occurred in multiple game rooms. Note that the sheets may have been imported from the Vault. I've played quite a few one-shots lately, using the same character sheet, so it may be the same thing happening each time I import. Thank you! P. S. It doesn't seem to happen to DAMAGE2.
hello, Magic missile doesn't seem to be launchable at higher level, it always laucnh at level 1, the "higher level?" box doesn't show up. Tried deleting the spell and re-importing it from the compendium, didn't work. Tried adding damage in the "higher" section of the spell, box still doesn't show up. Is it normal since it's different from the other spells (see wiki) on how it was handled ?
Found a way so that it roll 1 times for all darts but still use a higher level spell slot and not a level 1 spell slot. You have to add a 0 in the higher lvl cast damage and choose any roll. An easy fix, the higher lvl cast damage doesn't even show up since it's 0, the higher level box will show up and it will use the spell slot chosen.
Is there a way to add disadvantage or advantage to the death save button? I tried the toggle and query but it does't seem to work.
I didn't know you could ever get the chance to roll advantage or disadvantage on a death save...
Using a regular Inspiration would allow it, I'd think.
Well  beacon of hope , a 3rd level cleric spell, grants advantage on death saving throws.
Anything that provides Advantage or Disadvantage to saving throws effects death saves along with Inspiration as they are saving throws. According to Jeremy Crawford and Saga Advice , from what I read. .
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I think the sheet currently does not support Advantage/Disadvantage rolls on death saves. I'll have a note added to look at getting that added in.
All you have to do it roll it twice, and choose.
Yes but then you also have to uncheck the checkboxes as well and it would be nice to have it follow the rest of the sheet. Helen P. said: All you have to do it roll it twice, and choose.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Reported Elsewhere : DireSwift  said: Just something I have noticed, at level 1 the 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion api script doesn't reset hit dice until you have 2 or more hit dice, so level 2+ with the !longrest command.  Not that big of deal but wasn't sure if it was known or how to contact the author.  Using the OGL sheet of course.
Loupaile said: Found a way so that it roll 1 times for all darts but still use a higher level spell slot and not a level 1 spell slot. You have to add a 0 in the higher lvl cast damage and choose any roll. An easy fix, the higher lvl cast damage doesn't even show up since it's 0, the higher level box will show up and it will use the spell slot chosen. Some information specifically about Magic Missile and the OGL sheet is available here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20#Magic_Missile_Spell" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/5th_Edition_OGL_by_Roll20#Magic_Missile_Spell</a>