Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Warhammer Fantasy 4th] Sheet for Sigmar

Edited 1565720060
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
My understanding is that Roll20 doesn't like multiple character sheets for the same system.  That's why I haven't pushed to Roll20.  I also don't want to replace what's up there for obvious reasons.  Anyone subscribed to it will suddenly get a new sheet and lose many stats/attributes.  That's why I'm keeping it separate.  
Victor B. said: My understanding is that Roll20 doesn't like multiple character sheets for the same system.  That's why I haven't pushed to Roll20.  I also don't want to replace what's up there for obvious reasons.  Anyone subscribed to it will suddenly get a new sheet and lose many stats/attributes.  That's why I'm keeping it separate.   The compatibility between versions of the sheet is one of the things that has been on my mind. With the way we have many cooks adding to it here and there, it is easy to break something. Therefore I will be from now on pastebin the whole sheet as I have been doing. But I will also in text show the changes here, so they can easier be incorporated and folded into other versions of the sheet without breaking stuff. Ideally we would have someone who takes care of submitting it to Github after incorporating the changes. And those versions of the sheet that now exist, the people behind them should just maybe get together and discuss things a bit more. Make a plan. And then we can all work towards the realization of that plan. If I have not made much sense now, I appologize, because I have just taking my sleeping medication and are heading for bed. Last thought I had was that we could maybe hang around in discord or similar to share the ideas before putting any changes to github? (cooperate with more communication). Well, if none of this made sense, I will try again when I have had some sleep.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Rather than a manual updating system through pastebin, it would be more sensible for someone to set up a github, add each of arioch, havoc, and richard as contributors* and then when you make changes just update the github. Then everyone is always working on the same sheet, and versioning is handled automatically. *Since Victors sheet is a completely different beast, it makes sense to keep that separate, unless some compatibility scripting is added to facilitate switching between them. But arioch, havoc, and richard are each working on a branch of the same sheet, so it makes sense to make it easier to collaborate in this way. Then when changes are made, and you're happy with them, someone can copy the sheet over to the official roll20 repository. So you'd have one github reporository for shared building the sheet, and the official one for submitting whenever it seems worthwhile. i know of at least two sheets in roll20 that have used this approach.

Edited 1565735517
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Yeah, I will also poo-poo on the pastebin approach, that sounds pretty much what we have here except with comments telling me how to merge between the three of us, which I'm currently doing using Beyond Compare and I don't care for it.  Like.... yes, GitHub can be a pain because you gotta manage Pushes and Pulls and its more formal than everyone just making changes and copy and pasting it to a notepad-site but that method is just easier because that's someone else doing the work. Pastebin only works if the three of us know to be hands off of the files while someone else works on it; if we try to work in tandem, the work is multiplied immediately as each of us has to manually copy and paste sections of one sheet to our changes and then recommitting them to a merged version. And then, as GiGs mentioned, if a fourth or fifth party commits something to the Roll20 Github, we have to manually comb through or do a GitHub conflict comparison anyway. 

Edited 1565737155
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Okay, my attempts to merge the files was a mixed bag of successes and failures. Mostly failures. I think I'm ready to say that Havoc's last pastebin should be the new baseline and we'll have to re-implement Arioch's Psychology/Mutation repeating fields which are very light to add. Havoc already added the option to switch between crits in that pastebin too it sounds like. I can go in manually copy/ paste over Arioch's additions while I go through and redo the roll buttons-as-total-columns (unless there's objections/preferences to Roll buttons that say 'Roll' instead of the current total)
Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Richard T. said: I go through and redo the roll buttons-as-total-columns (unless there's objections/preferences to Roll buttons that say 'Roll' instead of the current total) Don't. It was made because Firefox doesn't like inputs inside buttons. You will break the functionality for all those playing on Firefox.
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Oooh, is that what it is? Has anyone tested it with attribute-backed spans? 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Richard T. said: Oooh, is that what it is? Has anyone tested it with attribute-backed spans?  I don't quite know what problem you're having, but Pathfinder Second Edition sheet have several examples of roll buttons with attribute-backed spans to show dymanic naming for them.
Richard T.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Firefox released an update that changed how they process <buttons> and it broke the Skill rolls in the Warhammer sheet. I never heard why till now. I'll have to check on my Ars and Scion sheets. 

Edited 1565784770
Arioch1973
Sheet Author
Richard T. said: Like.... yes, GitHub can be a pain because you gotta manage Pushes and Pulls and its more formal than everyone just making changes and copy and pasting it to a notepad-site but that method is just easier because that's someone else doing the work. Pastebin only works if the three of us know to be hands off of the files while someone else works on it; if we try to work in tandem, the work is multiplied immediately as each of us has to manually copy and paste sections of one sheet to our changes and then recommitting them to a merged version. I tried to tell you that is why I got frustrated with it. But you said I had an overinflated ego because I tried to point out that to many cooks stirring the stew makes a mess. And I can say that dealing with implementing everything in the version to be uploaded to github was the greatest pain of it all. As such I say it is much better to just post the changes you made to the sheet using pastebin here. And I mean only the changes, not the whole sheet. That way someone can easier just grab that part and put it into the main sheet. But it also requires that everyone is working extremely hard on maintaining compatibility and using only the already defined names of values for each part of the character sheet.
Wes
Sheet Author
Richard T. said: Firefox released an update that changed how they process <buttons> and it broke the Skill rolls in the Warhammer sheet. I never heard why till now. I'll have to check on my Ars and Scion sheets.  Last week I was informed of the same issue on the D&D 4e Character Sheet. Looking into the problem, Firefox changed something in their code back in, I think, April. That is at least where I found another post on this subject from Coal Powered Puppet.  Button elements with disabled inputs in them do not trigger the 'On Click' event so when you click said button nothing happens. I had to add a sheet workers to the sheet to enable using attribute backed spans to label the buttons with the total of an Stat / Skill.
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@gig, what you suggested is exactly what I was trying to communicate earlier.  By ownership, I really meant someone taking the lead and working with other contributors to create a cohesive sheet.  

Edited 1565796737
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
@everyone, Firefox implemented a change in which inputs inside of rollbuttons stopped working.  This is for Firefox ONLY.  Chrome worked fine to my knowledge.  That's what prompted all of this.  Thank Firefox :)  I know this for a fact because on the official sheet, there's characteristic roll buttons above the characteristics.  These continue to work because the inputs are outside of the roll buttons
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fixed some Sheetworker issues.&nbsp; 1.5 can be found here: <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/Roll20-Warhammer-4e-Character-Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/Roll20-Warhammer-4e-Character-Sheet</a>
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fixed more Sheetworker issues:&nbsp; 1.6 can be found here: <a href="https://github.com/vicberg/Roll20-Warhammer-4e-Character-Sheet" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/vicberg/Roll20-Warhammer-4e-Character-Sheet</a>
Dyvim
Plus
Translator
Hello, I've just raised an issue concerning the WFRP4 Char sheet in Github . There are some data-i18n tags that are misings and so some translations can not be done. I have precised the lines where the tags are missing in the issue. If anyone can do something... BRgds