Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dark Mode (Roll20 so bright!)

+1
+1 need it desperatly have been using roll20 a lot during the past two weeks my eyes are constantly tired from staring at the screen
+1 Pleaseeeeeeee
+1
+1
One workaround while the devs look into this would be to use a browser extension to force a dark mode. For instance, Google Chrome has this extension:&nbsp; <a href="https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-mode/dmghijelimhndkbmpgbldicpogfkceaj" rel="nofollow">https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/dark-mode/dmghijelimhndkbmpgbldicpogfkceaj</a> So far, it works well in the VTT as well.
So... has anyone that wants this and has the knowledge thought about doing the work and donating it? I mean, I want a dark mode for Roll20 too, but if it's as simple as taking a day... then... um... yeah.
For the love of all that is holy, yes, please, with sprinkles on top, can we get a dark mode?
Two years and 827 upvotes... Wow, just wow. +1
The MapHatter
Pro
Marketplace Creator
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Please give us Dark Mode!
I'm surprised this doesn't have more people upvoting. Dark mode is a must . Please!
+1 Making sure that the background in general has a dark BG is necessary for better imersion too. I don't really remember it well, but the pathway was also dark or clouded out on the maps in Warcraft 3 so you&nbsp; couldn't see past what isn't really visible. I don't honestly know that much about this system yet thou, so I don't know if you could remove clouds/fogs in the game with a macro key. At least something to help storytelling, and not just the eyes for playing longer sessions.

Edited 1610057437
+1. Would make my players and I very happy.
+1. Would also make my players and I (and our eyes) very happy.
I beg you Roll20, my photophobia&nbsp;appreciates.
+1
+1. Seriously, my eyes are very sensitive and I'm active late at night a lot. Anything that has violently bright backgrounds like this give me headaches and eye pains.
Yes, please, this is such a basic and useful feature. We play during the evening and my eyes hurt.
+1
+100
Honestly, I've never posted on any of the Roll20 forums or even paid for any Roll20 content but I will subscribe for as long as I continue playing games if Roll20 gives a dark mode option as the forced dark mode option in Chrome developer settings makes the site break. It honestly shouldn't be that difficult of a code implementation (as someone who is not a coder, but works with a ton of people who implement much more complicated code issues), and it would help a ton for people with migraines and/or other vision-related issues. Frankly this should have been implemented a long while ago.
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1
Honestly, this is the year 2021.. EVERY website should have a dark theme by now
+1
+1
+1
+1