Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5E D&D by Roll20 Official Character Sheet v. 2.7

Edited 1552445537
Yeah, it's easy enough to manually fill in what's missing for Eldritch Blast, and change it from SPELLCARD to ATTACK, but it should be automatic when Drag & Dropped.
Can I ask? How do people go about managing spells like scorchimg ray when they have spell slot tracking enabled? By this I mean.... Scorching ray fires multiple attacks using one spell slot. If you click it once, you only spend one slot, which is correct... but you only attack once. If you click it multiple times, you make multiple attacks... but also burn through multiple slots I've resolved it by changing it to a 'spellcard' with loads of inline rolls shown on it. But it's by no means an ideal solution. Anyone got any good ideas on how to add some prompts in there? E.g. what spell slot are you using? Etc
For scorching ray, or spells that are ongoing, I just give the character back the spell slots that weren't meant to be used.
Just create a second attack to use for ray 2 and 3.  As long as the name is different, it will not decrement slots.
Is there any future intention to have a customization option for a numeric value on inspiration field instead of the regular dragon check? (For games that allow more that one inspiration point at time) Thanks!
godthedj said: Can I ask? How do people go about managing spells like scorchimg ray when they have spell slot tracking enabled? By this I mean.... Scorching ray fires multiple attacks using one spell slot. If you click it once, you only spend one slot, which is correct... but you only attack once. If you click it multiple times, you make multiple attacks... but also burn through multiple slots I've resolved it by changing it to a 'spellcard' with loads of inline rolls shown on it. But it's by no means an ideal solution. Anyone got any good ideas on how to add some prompts in there? E.g. what spell slot are you using? Etc Ammo said: Just create a second attack to use for ray 2 and 3.  As long as the name is different, it will not decrement slots. I do the same create a separate action called Scorching Ray (No Slot), Hex (No Slot) or Witch Bolt (No Slot) ETC
Alvaro T. said: Is there any future intention to have a customization option for a numeric value on inspiration field instead of the regular dragon check? (For games that allow more that one inspiration point at time) Thanks! You can use the resource section to track multiple inspirations. RAW you can only have one DM inspiration at a time. So I'm not sure the likelihood of homebrew rules being added to the character sheet.
Some quick questions on this sheet: First, if I have an NPC sheet with a spell that deals no damage and has no attack roll, but requires a save, how do I get the name of the spell and the caster to show up in this form of output: the same way it does in this one: Second, while I was updating some very old character sheets in use by my campaigns, I came across an NPC sheet that had spells entered into it in an old version of the sheet, thus it retains this section: I have duly transferred the spells, but this section remains (despite being empty, and despite having attempted to force it to disappear by toggling off and on spellcasting NPC, NPC and even duplicating the sheet). How do I get rid of it?
It seems like the Encode thoughts cantrip as well the phantasmal force 2nd level spell do not work with drag and drop now.

Edited 1552672332
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Laðy Laмвðaðelтa  You can rid yourself of that section by manually setting  npcspell_flag to 0 but you'll need to do this for all NPC spell casters of them. I'm going to look into completely removing that section so this will not happen again. It could potentially impact users who have not migrated their spells so I'll have to take some time to gauge the impact it may have and allow for user feedback. Edit : I forgot to answer your first question. Go the the Options section for the NPC. At the very bottom is NPC Name In Rolls . Try this and if that doesn't fix it I'll dig around further. I am still getting up to speed on all the options available in the 5e sheet. Greetings Anthony V, I'll put this on my list to look into today. Edit:  Can you provide me more details for Encode Thoughts ? I can drag and drop it in my test game. Phantasmal Force was missing some data and I have added that. It should work now. Thanks, Cassie
Cassie said: Greetings Laðy Laмвðaðelтa  You can rid yourself of that section by manually setting  npcspell_flag to 0 but you'll need to do this for all NPC spell casters of them. I'm going to look into completely removing that section so this will not happen again. It could potentially impact users who have not migrated their spells so I'll have to take some time to gauge the impact it may have and allow for user feedback. A potential solution would be to have a sheetworker set this flag on the character sheet when it detects no entries in the repeating_spell-npc section. This would allow those who have not updated to not lose the information, but removes the additional step to hide the section manually for those who have updated the characters. However at this point, users should have transferred the spells over to the appropriate sections at this point. So I would be in favor or remove the section as well.
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
There is actually a function to do just that Kyle. :) Though it seems to not be working as intended.... Tuesday we should have Monster's spells populating when you drag & drop them from the Compendium. I'll also make a post to try to find users who may still be using this section. If we get a lot of replies we could schedule some time to write a script to try to help migrate their info.  Migrating info & removing the section would be preferable to patching it again. :)
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings sheet users, We've got two updates going out this week. Item Drag & Drop refactor. This should work exactly the same for PCs. Monsters can now have weapons dropped on their sheet again. This had been broken in a previous update. Its fixed now and you can drop longswords onto a guard sheet for example. NPC aka "Monsters" spells populate on drop. When dropping a monster with spells such as an Archmage or Lich their spells should now populate. May not current work with Creature Codex and Tome of Beasts . Updates incoming. Keep me posted if you find an issue with Item Drag & Drop or Monster's spells not populating. For Monster spells update to be possible we needed to update a lot of monster data. There may still be some out there that need updating so let me know the name of the monster if you have any issues. Thanks, Cassie
I have an NPC who can cast Bless on other NPCs.  I've tried adding [1d4] to the  global_attack_mod  and global_save_mod fields on the affected NPC's sheet but this doesn't seem to have an effect.  Is there a way to automatically include the additional 1d4 for attacks and saving throws? Mahalo in advance for your assistance!
Cassie said: Greetings sheet users, We've got two updates going out this week. Item Drag & Drop refactor. This should work exactly the same for PCs. Monsters can now have weapons dropped on their sheet again. This had been broken in a previous update. Its fixed now and you can drop longswords onto a guard sheet for example. NPC aka "Monsters" spells populate on drop. When dropping a monster with spells such as an Archmage or Lich their spells should now populate. May not current work with Creature Codex and Tome of Beasts . Updates incoming. Keep me posted if you find an issue with Item Drag & Drop or Monster's spells not populating. For Monster spells update to be possible we needed to update a lot of monster data. There may still be some out there that need updating so let me know the name of the monster if you have any issues. Thanks, Cassie This is really cool! Will this eventually be able to be used for things other than weapons? Like armor and trinkets (Ring of Protection, etc)?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Scott P , At this time the global mods do not apply to NPCs to my knowledge. You'll either need to make a macro or just roll a d4 add it manual. Making NPCs a bit more variable is on my goal list. :) Greetings Anthony V. , I do not currently have this on my to do list but it is in my mind. Cleaning up the sheet with these refactors will open the door to more feature request and support for things like this. Thanks, Cassie
New Roll20 DM and first time posting here. If this is in the wrong place I apologize upfront.  We can't add or edit Proficiency entries on the character sheet.  If we click "Type" we get four options: Language, Weapon, Armor and Other. We can select one of those four, but that's all we can do.  For instance in the screenshot below I selected Weapon.  It throws Weapon into the listing, but we can't select any sub for that, or change anything else.  We may just completely misunderstand how this works.  I know when I used the Charactermancer on another sheet it had many sub options for each category of proficiency.  How do you add those onto the sheet without using the Charactermancer. To add insult to injury, I went ahead and purchased the LMoP pack so we could have the pre-gen character sheets and the rest of the content preconfigured.  The character sheets that came with that though don't have stats that match those on the printed/PDF versions of the sheets.  This appears to be because proficiencies aren't being calculated...which makes since since they aren't listed on the sheet.  When I tried to add those to correct that problem is when I noticed the issue above. Thanks for your help!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Greetings Chris, The select has limited options for adding your proficiency. You can enter details in the Proficiency Input. Using the Compendium Drag and Drop can update these for you. For example if you want to speak Common you can search that in the Compendium and just drag it to the sheet. It will update the inputs for you in proficiency.  What are you trying to update a proficiency for? Thanks, Cassie
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Chris, Cassie's suggestion to use the compendium's drag-and-drop ability is helpful, but if you need to manually edit a proficiency, it is possible. In the screenshot you posted, on the "Proficiency" line, where there's grey text that says "Elven, Dwarven, and Common," you can type the name of the proficiency. It will show up in the little grey box when you're done, and you can then click the little gear to stop editing the proficiency. If you want the proficiency to roll using a stat, like a skill, put it in the Tool Proficiencies & Custom Skills box. You can select a stat and bonus there-- you can even set a "Query" stat, which will pop up every time you roll that proficiency to ask which stat you're using (this is useful for certain tools, like Thieves Tools, which use variable stats based on what you're doing). To set up expertise and jack of all trades, you'll want to go to the sheet's settings (gear icon in the top right corner of the sheet) where you can manually select expertise, check the Jack of All Trades box, or add a flat bonus (such as you might gain from a feat). If you're manually adding the proficiency and you want your weapon proficiency to also give you an attack roll, you'll want to also add it to the "Attacks & Spellcasting" box.
Ahh!  Thanks Cassie and Stephanie B!  I see how that works now. So I guess now the question is: I purchased the LMoP pack.  It included the pregen characters/sheets.  The stats are all wrong on those though.  Looking at this with the new info you just gave me, it looks like they aren't calculating anything that isn't OGL.  Is that true?  Even though I purchased the LMoP pack which was supposed to include everything, and that comes from the Starter Set which didn't require the Player's Manual, I still need to purchase the Player's Manual on Roll20 to have access to that content for use in the character sheets?  Is that correct?  If so...crap.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Chris, LMoP was made a long time ago, even before we had the PHB available, which may explain why the pre-gens don't match the ones from the starter set. We've let the production team know, and they'll check it out and see what may need to change.

Edited 1553207989
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Chris, I just took a look in a new LMoP and am seeing the same behavior on the sheets. It looks like this might be something they need to update in the module. All of the data is there, but it is in the old Simple format instead of the Compendium Compatible style that is now the default for character sheets. You can adjust Features and Traits and your Proficiencies to show the "Simple" style by doing the following: Click on the gear icon that is to the right of the Core/Bio/Spells. In the settings page that opens, in the Right Hand column you can change Proficiencies and Languages and Features and Traits from Compendium Compatible to Simple . This unfortunately turns off drag and drop for these sections. This probably needs to be reported over in the WotC Bug Megathread&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5392197/wizards-of-the-coast-bug-report-megathread" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5392197/wizards-of-the-coast-bug-report-megathread</a> edit: Ninja-d by Stephanie!
Stephanie B. said: Hi, Chris, LMoP was made a long time ago, even before we had the PHB available, which may explain why the pre-gens don't match the ones from the starter set. We've let the production team know, and they'll check it out and see what may need to change. Thanks again for your help with this!&nbsp; Is that something I can expect to be corrected in a day or two, or is this more like an "it's on our TO-DO list"? ;)&nbsp; Just want to know if I should hold off on manually updating the sheets manually or go ahead and make them work as is.&nbsp; I'm just afraid if I do it manually I'm going to get something wrong and jack up our rolls or stats or something. I'm loving Roll20 though!&nbsp; Great system!&nbsp; We've only used it so far for maps during a live face-to-face game, but we're hoping to add in character tracking, rolls, etc this weekend.&nbsp; Thanks for all of the work you all put into this!
Loren the GM said: Chris, I just took a look in a new LMoP and am seeing the same behavior on the sheets. It looks like this might be something they need to update in the module. All of the data is there, but it is in the old Simple format instead of the Compendium Compatible style that is now the default for character sheets. You can adjust Features and Traits and your Proficiencies to show the "Simple" style by doing the following: Click on the gear icon that is to the right of the Core/Bio/Spells. In the settings page that opens, in the Right Hand column you can change Proficiencies and Languages and Features and Traits from Compendium Compatible to Simple . This unfortunately turns off drag and drop for these sections. This probably needs to be reported over in the WotC Bug Megathread&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5392197/wizards-of-the-coast-bug-report-megathread" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5392197/wizards-of-the-coast-bug-report-megathread</a> edit: Ninja-d by Stephanie! Thanks for the pointers!&nbsp; Looks relatively straight forward.&nbsp; If I have to update everything manually I think I can handle it with these instructions.&nbsp; Appreciate your help!
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Refactors 27 March 2019&nbsp; &nbsp; Tomorrow three refactors are going out. Update Attack From Spell function which is responsible for putting spells into the Attack section on the Core page. Update Weight &nbsp;function which is responsible for calculating Encumbered. It will now handle floats for divisions. Update Class &nbsp;and Set Level &nbsp;functions which were responsible for updating hit die and other such items when switching the class or adding multipliclass.
Hello, Real quick. I am tying to level a character. At level 4 I am supposed to be able to choose a feat or raise a stat, but the option for feats is grayed out and un-selectable. Is there something in options that I need to click to allow feats or is there something else that I am doing wrong. Also how do I swap&nbsp;eldritch invocation? Thanks.

Edited 1554051872
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Eric &nbsp;said: Hello, Real quick. I am tying to level a character. At level 4 I am supposed to be able to choose a feat or raise a stat, but the option for feats is grayed out and un-selectable. Is there something in options that I need to click to allow feats or is there something else that I am doing wrong. Also how do I swap&nbsp;eldritch invocation? Thanks. According to the latest Roundtable, due to the widely varying mechanical nature of some feats, they are not supported in Charactermancer at this time. From the top post of the Charactermancer Feedback thread: The optional rule Feats is not supported. However, you can drag and drop feats from the compendium onto your character sheet after completing the Charactermancer. Note that, for now, doing so doesn't mechanically change your character sheet; it just adds the item to your Features list on the character sheet. You can follow Charactermancer progress at the above link.
keithcurtis said: According to the latest Roundtable, due to the widely varying mechanical nature of some feats, they are not supported in Charactermancer at this time. From the top post of the Charactermancer Feedback thread: The optional rule Feats is not supported. However, you can drag and drop feats from the compendium onto your character sheet after completing the Charactermancer. Note that, for now, doing so doesn't mechanically change your character sheet; it just adds the item to your Features list on the character sheet. You can follow Charactermancer progress at the above link. Thank you.
I am not sure where this post belongs, so I apologize if this is off topic. I have purchased PHB and XGE for use in a game I am running. My players have not purchased these resources. When they log on to the game, and create characters using charactermancer, they tell me that they do not have access to PHB and XGE. Do they need to purchase these things too, or is there an option I must select to give them access to those materials?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can turn on Compendium sharing on a per-game basis. There's more info here . As a Plus member, you can share your compendium purchase in up&nbsp;to three active games that contain no more than yourself plus 10 players each (11 total per game).
Thank you!
Is there a character sheet that takes into account multi-classing?&nbsp; I don't see how I can multiclass using the current character sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Powder Keg said: Is there a character sheet that takes into account multi-classing?&nbsp; I don't see how I can multiclass using the current character sheet.&nbsp;&nbsp; In the Character Settings (cog wheel tab of the character sheet), the first column has options for multiclass characters.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the Features &amp; Traits section isn't collapsing the text on the sheet any longer for some entries. Used to be it'd just show the name of the entry and you'd have to hit the cog to see the description, but not it seems to be giving a mixed result. Is this maybe due to some being Compendium drag-n-drops and some being custom entries?&nbsp; Or am I just crazy and it's always been like this?
Canum T. said: Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the Features &amp; Traits section isn't collapsing the text on the sheet any longer for some entries. Used to be it'd just show the name of the entry and you'd have to hit the cog to see the description, but not it seems to be giving a mixed result. Is this maybe due to some being Compendium drag-n-drops and some being custom entries?&nbsp; Or am I just crazy and it's always been like this? You can collapse/expand specific features by clicking on the name of the feature (not the cog wheel). Features created through the charactermancer have the details collapsed by default. Features created manually have the details expanded by default.
Having a difficult time with figuring out where to put the +2 bonus for ranged attacks from the Fighter Archery Fighting Style. When I put it in Global Attack Mod, (a) I have to keep toggling it on an off when switching weapons and (b) it shows up as a "+2" on the card instead of just getting added, so DMs get grumpy (I know, minor addition shouldn't be a big deal, but apparently for some people it is). When I put it in the attack as a modifier (i.e. "+2[ARCHERY]) it just gets folded in as "+2[MOD]" and then I get asked where that extra MOD bonus is from. It would be really preferable to be able to have a way to get the best of both parts of those (correct tagging, single number on the die roll).
Also, the "description" boxes for the "attack" template do not have centered text, unlike the examples on the wiki.&nbsp; Is this intended? ( I hope not. )

Edited 1554974792
Toshimo said: Having a difficult time with figuring out where to put the +2 bonus for ranged attacks from the Fighter Archery Fighting Style. When I put it in Global Attack Mod, (a) I have to keep toggling it on an off when switching weapons and (b) it shows up as a "+2" on the card instead of just getting added, so DMs get grumpy (I know, minor addition shouldn't be a big deal, but apparently for some people it is). When I put it in the attack as a modifier (i.e. "+2[ARCHERY]) it just gets folded in as "+2[MOD]" and then I get asked where that extra MOD bonus is from. It would be really preferable to be able to have a way to get the best of both parts of those (correct tagging, single number on the die roll). I think you're doing the best you can, just by popping it in the relevant attacks section. - I tested it too, and yes, 2[Archery] gets changed to 2[MOD]. I don't think it's the end of the world though. Surely you would only need to mention the bonus to the DM once or twice before they remember. If the DM is that bothered, they could also read your 'Features and traits' section, which probably also mentions the +2 Archery bonus. --- In relation to your other comment, I think it's just a personal preference thing. I personally find that it's better to read text that is left aligned (like it is now) than trying to read centred text... - especially if it's more than 3-4 lines long...
As to your first point, I play a lot of Adventurer's League, so I'm taking the same character from table to table for 1-shots, so it's having to explain it to new DMs every time. As to the other, it looks absolutely terrible when your descriptions are just a word or two (and does not match what is supposed to be displayed, as per the wiki).
Toshimo said: (and does not match what is supposed to be displayed, as per the wiki). From the wiki as well, assuming you are referring to the 5e OGL roll template wiki page : " This page was last modified on 13 April 2017, at 20:51. &nbsp; This page has been accessed 76,134 times." This means that the information on the page is 2 years old and has not been updated since probably before version 2.0. Understandably, this needs to be updated and this "minor" change was probably overlooked.
I'm not sure if I need make a new thread or this will suffice, but wasn't there an option a while back to change the order of the ability score and modifier of the character sheet (as in having the score at the top and the modifier below)? If I'm remembering it wrong, is there any chance of having such a feature be added? :D
I think that was a custom modification that someone made to the sheet.

Edited 1555226711
I am trying to put own spells to the sheet by using macros and the chatsetattr api. the macro looks like this: !setattr {{ --sel --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spellname|testspell_1 --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spellschool|evocation --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spellcastingtime|1 Aktion --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spellrange|18m --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spelloutput|ATTACK --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spellattack|Ranged --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spelldamage|1d8 --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spelldamagetype|Kälte --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spell_damage_progression|Cantrip Dice --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spellcomp_materials|' ' --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spellduration|Unmittelbar --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_innate|' ' --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_includedesc|off --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spelldescription|Description test spell 1 --repeating_spell-cantrip_-CREATE_spellathigherlevels|Further description test spell 1. }} The spell shows up on the sheet and is clickable, but no dice are rolled and the spell description is going to the chat output regardless i set the includedesc to 'off'. It seems the spell is not recogniced as an attack spell. Any idea what is missing?
Should spellattack be "ranged" instead of "range"?

Edited 1555248750
Helen P. said: Should spellattack be "ranged" instead of "range"? Nice advice. Thx Helen. It has to be Ranged with capital R. I update my first post. Here is what i get on the sheet: Same result. no dice only chat description. if i add the spell manually, it works.
If all of the information is being displayed properly, but it's still outputting the spell as if it was set to a spell description rather than a spell attack, then my guess is the sheet worker that creates the attack from the spell is not being triggered. I don't recall if sheet workers are automatically triggered when using the CREATE method for ChatSetAttr, so you may need to add in a condition for the sheet workers to trigger.
Kyle G. said: If all of the information is being displayed properly, but it's still outputting the spell as if it was set to a spell description rather than a spell attack, then my guess is the sheet worker that creates the attack from the spell is not being triggered. I don't recall if sheet workers are automatically triggered when using the CREATE method for ChatSetAttr, so you may need to add in a condition for the sheet workers to trigger. Thx for the clue Kyle. This seems to be logical. I am new to to this subject. Like i understand the chatsetattr api uses 'setwithworker' setAttribute = function (attr, value) { if (state.ChatSetAttr.useWorkers) attr.setWithWorker(value); else attr.set(value); }, &nbsp; Any idea how i can try to check if it works properly or trigger a condition for the sheet on an other way? It also would be nice if someone else could try my macro to check if it will also not work in their environment. Maybe it is a local problem on my side ;) Sorry for horrible english... School is a very long time ago ;)
Your macro mixes languages, so it might not be translating some entries -- a single language might help.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The usage of sheetworkers is an option in ChatSetAttr. It must be set by the config. I thin the command is: !setattr --config But I'm only going by memory. Consult the in-thread documentation. You also might get more help in the ChatSetAttr feedback thread, since this seems more of a script issue than a sheet issue.
I believe I have found the issue. In short, I'm not sure what you want is possible. The sheet workers for the character sheet ensure only users can trigger specific sheet workers, such as creating an attack from a spell. Line 6480,&nbsp; if(eventinfo.sourceType &amp;&amp; eventinfo.sourceType === "sheetworker") {return;} , in the sheet worker completes the sheet worker before changes are made. I believe this line is to prevent other sheet workers within the sheet from calling each other and creating a infinite loop. It unfortunately also prevents other apis from calling this specific function as well. I could be entirely mistaken as this was just a coarsely look, but I remember at some point in the past that their was a distinction between sheetworkers and api for event source types. If so, then this likely isn't the issue.