Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Edited 1583712022
Feature Request More fields for non-number values/attribute values Some parts of the sheet could benefit from having a box that allows attribute values to be calculated into a roll or total value. Spell attacks have a MISC field that allows this, so I'm able to use the following in my spell attack rolls: ?{MAP|First, |Second,[[0-5]][MAP]|Subsequent,[[0-10]][MAP]} Items in the Melee and Ranged sections ignore any non-number values entered into the provided attack modifier fields: Being able to add attributes or queries as modifiers to attack rolls would be incredibly useful. AC, Skills, and Max HP could also use MISC fields that allow attribute values. For example, a field where a player can enter floor(@{level}/2) or -@{level} as a value to be added to skills for the Untrained Improvisation feat ( Core Rulebook p268 ) or the Proficiency without Level variant rule ( Gamemastery Guide p198 ); being able to apply @{level} or -(@{level}*<drained-value>) to Max HP for the Toughness feat ( Core Rulebook p268 ) or the Drained condition ( Core Rulebook p619 ).
What happens to the Pathfinder Bestiary Compendium? I am preparing a second company and decided to make my life easier, but as it turned out in vain! Instead of spells, ALL monsters only have their names, unless of course they are in the sheet, and not just in the description. Is this the way it should be with magic?
Caden
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If you own the Core book the spells should populate all their information and be rollable. If you only own the Pathfinder Bestiary only the minimal information found in the Bestiary will populate. 
I have to give a +1 to the variant rules implementation. As it stands, the game mastery guide on Roll20 is just a more expensive and difficult to navigate version of the PDF. 
I really hope to see the option to remove character level from proficiency implemented, my player's love the incredible character sheets and don't want to switch to losing their level to proficiency if they can't have the sheet, haha!
William N. said: I really hope to see the option to remove character level from proficiency implemented, my player's love the incredible character sheets and don't want to switch to losing their level to proficiency if they can't have the sheet, haha! I mean all you have to do is not change the level?  Set it to 0 maybe and then add the hp from leveling manually. The bigger issue is the bestiary not supporting the no level rule.
Cassie said: If you own the Core book the spells should populate all their information and be rollable. If you only own the Pathfinder Bestiary only the minimal information found in the Bestiary will populate.  That is terrible. I bought a Bestiary that I expected to be fully functional. It is not fully functional. Of course, neither is the CRB at this point.
The book version of the Bestiary doesn't include the full spell details, it references the CRB, so it's not that unreasonable for the Roll20 Bestiary to not include the full spell details without also owning the CRB. Though for people who only own the Bestiary on here, I think it should at least populate the names of the spells in each creature's/NPC's repertoire.
Ryn said: I mean all you have to do is not change the level?  Set it to 0 maybe and then add the hp from leveling manually. The bigger issue is the bestiary not supporting the no level rule. I... Didn't think of that, honestly. Haha, thank you for this solution!
William N. said: Ryn said: I mean all you have to do is not change the level?  Set it to 0 maybe and then add the hp from leveling manually. The bigger issue is the bestiary not supporting the no level rule. I... Didn't think of that, honestly. Haha, thank you for this solution! You're welcome my man.  Hope it works.
Couple of oddball things I'm seeing as I'm building a character for another game: Focus Spells have no drop down menu for TEML , and so do not add proficiency bonus at all unless you add it yourself into the Misc field yourself (In my case, instead of adding @{level}+2 I can just call on @{spellattack} since its the same math for this character.) The tooltip for Charisma Modifier shows @{attr_charisma_modifier} when its supposed to be @{charisma_modifier} (Still functions if you add the latter to something, however. Seems to be a tooltip error only) Are we ever going to get a way to call on Paizo's Action Symbology directly, so i don't have to fake them with ASCII Symbols ◆◆?
I would like to show my support for the addition of integrated removal of level to proficiency as a variant rule option like those in DnD 5th games. I like PF2 as a system so far and was really hoping to play it on roll20, but currently it really sucks that there isn't an option to automatically remove level to proficiency from characters and monsters globally in a game as it just bloats numbers which isn't very nice. Additionally I would like to see a black and white version of the sheet and a breakdown for all rolls as to where the bonuses are coming from. Thank you for all your hard work and stay safe everybody :)
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Kapten Sjöberg said: Additionally I would like to see a black and white version of the sheet... This is already possible. In the "Options" there is a menu option to switch color scheme/layout
Andreas J. said: Kapten Sjöberg said: Additionally I would like to see a black and white version of the sheet... This is already possible. In the "Options" there is a menu option to switch color scheme/layout Neat, I must have glossed over that option. Thanks for the help, this will make everything way easier on the eyes. 
Andreas J. said: Kapten Sjöberg said: Additionally I would like to see a black and white version of the sheet... This is already possible. In the "Options" there is a menu option to switch color scheme/layout Andreas, Can you screen-cap a shot of where that option is?  I can't seem to find it.  TIA. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Wow, it appears the option have been removed at some point. Pretty sure it was directly under "CUSTOMIZE SHEET LAYOUT". There is a screencap of my PF2E game, where one sheet was put to black-n-white, while the other is normal.

Edited 1584405028
That is really bizarre that the color scheme option got removed. Luckily, you can still do it in the attributes tab. Look for ' toggles ' and change ' color:default ' to ' color:neutral '. EDIT: Seems the exact style of the neutral theme changed to be darker (more grey and black less white), unless I'm imagining that. Could be why the toggle in the sheet itself is currently hidden as it's being reworked?
Cool, thanks for that Persephone.   It is even a little more deceptive, because all the toggles are in that box, not just the color, and color came last for me, so I had to scroll over to find and change it.  But it worked!
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andreas J. said: Wow, it appears the option have been removed at some point. Pretty sure it was directly under "CUSTOMIZE SHEET LAYOUT". There is a screencap of my PF2E game, where one sheet was put to black-n-white, while the other is normal. There has been some problems with the code. This should be fixed ASAP and the option (and the right neutral "colors") will be back.
Feature Request Bestiary Compendium Elite/Weak Enemy Support First time posting - not sure if this is the right spot for this ask. I was wondering if there are any plans to implement an elite/weak enemy toggle that could be used with the monsters section of the compendium. The compendium saves tons of time with monsters but with the way that elite/weak monster adjustments work with all the different small tweaks can make it easy to miss things on larger monsters. 
Kevo Finland said: Feature Request Bestiary Compendium Elite/Weak Enemy Support + 1  I agree this would be very useful, especially to be able to just do "on the fly". If the GM suddenly realizes the encounter is too hard or too easy, just switch a monster to Weak or Elite and proceed.  
+1 to adding a setting on NPC sheets for switching between Elite/Normal/Weak (maybe with additional selections like 'Elite +2' or 'Weak +2' for rare cases of an extra increase or decrease)
Is it just me or the "Heightened" spell section dont show when you click on the spell?
I think that's intentional. It shows when you expand a spell on the sheet, as it's mainly intended for player reference when adding heightened versions of the spell.
I would also like to request an update for an option to remove level from proficiency.  With the release of the Gamemastery Guide it is now an officially supported optional rule.  Would like to continue to get updates to the very nice pathfinder 2nd sheet without having to make a custom sheet :-)
One of the things that makes roll20 so good is automating so many things so they scale with level. With that in mind, are there plans to allow more math into the various fields on the PF2e sheet? I can't use ceil(@{level}/2) to make a Focus spell scale to half my level rounded up, and I can't use floor(@{current_level}/2) to add dice every other level for a spell that has Heightened +2. Any word on if these will change, even if not soon?
I was working with the character sheet and upon leveling to 7 and gaining expert level in spell attack and spell DC it is not showing that as being added.  Not sure where the change is made to reflect going from Trained to Expert.  I assumed making the change from trained to expert in class DC would be reflected in the spell attack roll and spell dc on the spells page but it does not.  Am I missing something?
Lorne said: I was working with the character sheet and upon leveling to 7 and gaining expert level in spell attack and spell DC it is not showing that as being added.  Not sure where the change is made to reflect going from Trained to Expert.  I assumed making the change from trained to expert in class DC would be reflected in the spell attack roll and spell dc on the spells page but it does not.  Am I missing something? Lorne, You are correct that upping Class DC to Expert does not reflect automatically into spells.  You have to go to the Spells tab, and open the drop-down for each with a click on the gear icon.  Then you can change proficiency Rank from Trained to Expert.  You have to do it separately for both Spell Attack Roll and Spell DC.   

Edited 1584811814
Royal said: One of the things that makes roll20 so good is automating so many things so they scale with level. With that in mind, are there plans to allow more math into the various fields on the PF2e sheet? I can't use ceil(@{level}/2) to make a Focus spell scale to half my level rounded up, and I can't use floor(@{current_level}/2) to add dice every other level for a spell that has Heightened +2. Any word on if these will change, even if not soon? Royal,  I fiddled around with trying to set up a formula in the Abilities section of the Attributes and Abilities tab, that could be called to, in order to pull an auto-updating level for Focus spells. I could not get it to work in the @{current_level} box.  It appears that box just does not support calls outside itself? Edit:  the strikethrough  part below is unnecessary, one can just put the following in the damage field: [[ceil(@{level}/2)]]d8 However, if it works to post that formula in the damage box, you can make that ability in the back [[ceil(@{level}/2)]]   and call it focus_level   and then call to it in the damage field of the spell like so; (substitute your character's name for "Bug")  (%{Bug|focus_level})d8 For Heightening damage on a +2 spell, you can put the following in the damage field: [[floor(@{current_level}/2)]]d8 You still have to manually change that number in the @{current_level} box to the correct number, but it seemed to work for me.  If you want that in the description or in one of the Save fields however, you have to wrap it in another set of double brackets: [[[[floor(@{current_level}/2)]]d8]] Hope that helps.  Edited to correct an earlier mistake on the formula. 
at the time of posting, I was unable to get Floor() or Ceil() math to work in damage, not even with double brackets for some reason, sure enough its working with double brackets in the damage field. I don't know if something changed since I initially posted, but thank goodness lol now if only the @{current_level} field allowed for math, so we could fully automate them
This bug was mostly fixed, but is still persistent for Perception checks, just a heads up :) Persephone said: Sheet Issues Class(es) /  Subclass : NPCs Description of issue :  Skills and Saves rolled from an NPC using an ability call such as %{Boar|FORT} are returning an error message regarding proficiency_display even though NPC sheets currently do not utilize those (the roll itself still works). This does not happen when rolling directly from the sheet (i.e. full macro), only when using the ability call format. Screenshots :
Feature Request Show attack traits on NPC chat roll It only shows on PC's attacks, not on NPC's, and since I rarely look at the NPC sheet (I am in the process of making all monsters in portuguese with token actions), it would help a lot. NPC:   PC: 
Does the character sheet support the attacher function from some of the other sheets?  To allow us to associate an api commands to a spell or an attack?
Nice to see drag and drop for feats as of todays updates, hav'nt tried it yet but much needed and a good start, hopefuuly all the rest soon :) Tom

Edited 1585079329
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tom said: Nice to see drag and drop for feats as of todays updates, hav'nt tried it yet but much needed and a good start, hopefuuly all the rest soon :) Tom The required data are not yet on the compendium but will be soon. As of now, dropping a feat will add it, but with just its name. Data are up! Enjoy :)
Hello! The offical German version of the second edition has been recently released and I wonder how to best implement the German translations of the content into the character sheet or support someone who is already working on it. I hope this is the right section to ask about this.

Edited 1586139417
I really like some of the changes made to the sheet! Some feedback: BUG: Feats in the compendium that grant actions show up blank in the compendium itself (they apply to the sheet correctly, for the most part) EDIT: A lot of other feats are like this (like Natural Ambition), not just ones that involve actions. BUG: Attack of Opportunity (Barbarian) incorrectly drops with Action = none REQUEST: The Benefits field seems to serve no real purpose currently—it only appears in the chat output, when the full description is also shown. I think it would be really useful if the preview drop-down for Feats showed the content of Benefits instead of the full description (maybe displaying the description if Benefits is empty). That would give a use for the Benefits field while saving space on the sheet. Btw, love the addition of the Skill field in Skill Feats, for showing what skill each feat applies to. REQUEST: Could spells get an other option added to the drop-down for spells that take more than 3 actions to cast, like read aura ? REQUEST: Since Actions were recently moved from the Feats tab to the Character tab, this update basically puts Actions on two different tabs; Feats now have fields that would be more useful in Actions. Feats should lose the Action , Trigger , Requirements , and Frequency fields. Actions should keep all their current fields and should gain the Requirements and Frequency fields. A Feat that grants an action should populate both as a Feat and an Action. Example of how this could look: (Alternatively the Feat description could just read something along the lines of "You gain the Shield Block reaction.")
John B
Pro
Sheet Author
Using the wizard class for this sheet seems difficult to me unless I missed something.   The sheet should allow you to track the spells you know and then assign the spells including if it is hightented to the spell slot that you memorized it.  Right now I don't see a clean way to track this.   Have I missed something in the sheet that does this or can there be something added that denotes the spell level I have assigned this to and count them.  So a field that says what level I have it prepared at and show how many prepared per level to the number of spells I can have prepared at each level along with listing all the spells that I have in the spell book.

Edited 1585233603
@John B, this section of the sheet is where you track your total spell slots per spell level: Then each spell has boxes to track how many times you prepared that specific spell: The level box there is for marking what level you've heightened that spell to, if at all. The base level of the spell is marked in the spell drop-down settings: For spells that you heighten at multiple spell levels, you'll need to create a new copy of that spell with the appropriate current level and any bonuses applied due to it being heightened. If you don't prepare a spell that your character knows, leave the Daily Uses boxes next to that spell blank.
And on high levels you'll end up with the HUGE list of spells with very difficult navigation. There should be an option implemented to filter spells with 0 uses so at least some of them don't show up. Persephone said: @John B, this section of the sheet is where you track your total spell slots per spell level: Then each spell has boxes to track how many times you prepared that specific spell: The level box there is for marking what level you've heightened that spell to, if at all. The base level of the spell is marked in the spell drop-down settings: For spells that you heighten at multiple spell levels, you'll need to create a new copy of that spell with the appropriate current level and any bonuses applied due to it being heightened. If you don't prepare a spell that your character knows, leave the Daily Uses boxes next to that spell blank.
What are the ability calls for Senses and Languages? I can call Resistances and Immunities with repeating_resistances-immunities_$0_RESIST and Conditions with repeating_conditions_$0_CONDITION , but I can't drag Senses or Languages to the macro bar to find the syntax. I tried repeating_senses_ $0 _SENSE and repeating_languages_ $0 _LANGUAGE , but neither of these work.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Persephone said: What are the ability calls for Senses and Languages? I can call Resistances and Immunities with repeating_resistances-immunities_$0_RESIST and Conditions with repeating_conditions_$0_CONDITION , but I can't drag Senses or Languages to the macro bar to find the syntax. I tried repeating_senses_ $0 _SENSE and repeating_languages_ $0 _LANGUAGE , but neither of these work. This can't be done(currently) as neither button have been given any hard-coded names. Feature Request: Roll button names for "Languages" & "Sense" Brief  Description : Almost every roll button has a hard-coded name (e.g. name="roll_action" ), but this is missing for the roll buttons for the "Language" and "Sense" section. The sheet developers knows what I'm talking about.
The "gear window" will not close on only one of my players' spell sheets under their Spell Attack Roll and Spell DC areas. It remains open at all times no matter the browser used. It's as if the gear icon isn't operable at all for those two sections. All other areas are functioning "normally" (very loose air quotes based on the overall lack of Compendium functionality). Any suggestions or help as to what's going on here? We can live with it, but it's annoying.
teero said: The "gear window" will not close on only one of my players' spell sheets under their Spell Attack Roll and Spell DC areas. It remains open at all times no matter the browser used. It's as if the gear icon isn't operable at all for those two sections. All other areas are functioning "normally" (very loose air quotes based on the overall lack of Compendium functionality). Any suggestions or help as to what's going on here? We can live with it, but it's annoying. The toggle attribute probably contains the value npcsettings or something along those lines. Erase that value from the attribute. I've found that the sheet works best if the only value in that attribute is either color:default or color:neutral (depending on your preference of color scheme).
Thank you!! That fixed it! Cheers. Persephone said: teero said: The "gear window" will not close on only one of my players' spell sheets under their Spell Attack Roll and Spell DC areas. It remains open at all times no matter the browser used. It's as if the gear icon isn't operable at all for those two sections. All other areas are functioning "normally" (very loose air quotes based on the overall lack of Compendium functionality). Any suggestions or help as to what's going on here? We can live with it, but it's annoying. The toggle attribute probably contains the value npcsettings or something along those lines. Erase that value from the attribute. I've found that the sheet works best if the only value in that attribute is either color:default or color:neutral (depending on your preference of color scheme).
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone said: What are the ability calls for Senses and Languages? I can call Resistances and Immunities with repeating_resistances-immunities_$0_RESIST and Conditions with repeating_conditions_$0_CONDITION , but I can't drag Senses or Languages to the macro bar to find the syntax. I tried repeating_senses_ $0 _SENSE and repeating_languages_ $0 _LANGUAGE , but neither of these work. Andreas is right. This will be fixed ASAP. Thanks for the report, Persephone.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lucas X. said: Feature Request Show attack traits on NPC chat roll It only shows on PC's attacks, not on NPC's, and since I rarely look at the NPC sheet (I am in the process of making all monsters in portuguese with token actions), it would help a lot. NPC:   PC:  Quick question to all of you wise PF2 GMs: could it be too much information for players, if NPCs' attacks traits show in chat when rolling the attack?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone said: I really like some of the changes made to the sheet! Some feedback: BUG: Feats in the compendium that grant actions show up blank in the compendium itself (they apply to the sheet correctly, for the most part) Thanks for all the (detailed) reports, Persephone. The feats not showing content requires some code on the compendium to display the (new) detailed information correctly, contrary to "old" already present feats (but with no detailed data for dropping on the sheet), that had an hardcoded HTML content. This should be in the works. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I guess no, it's ok. Characters see the attack and can deduct that it is "brutal" or "sweep". Natha said: Lucas X. said: Feature Request Show attack traits on NPC chat roll It only shows on PC's attacks, not on NPC's, and since I rarely look at the NPC sheet (I am in the process of making all monsters in portuguese with token actions), it would help a lot. NPC:   PC:  Quick question to all of you wise PF2 GMs: could it be too much information for players, if NPCs' attacks traits show in chat when rolling the attack?