Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Advertisement Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

1614141289
Shannon P. said: I tried to see if it was asked and answered but did not see it - is there a way to add to the 2E sheet (like there was on the 1st edition) character templates?  Elite, young, weak so far I think are it I have hoped for that functionality as well.  It would make on the fly adjustments to drag and drop monsters so much easier.  Alas, I do not think such a feature has been implemented.
Fraser S. said: How do people handle the bulk of a backpack? So far I have just been putting in a separate backpack item with -2 bulk that seems to work. Just seeing if anyone else has a better trick. " A backpack holds up to 4 Bulk of items. and the first 2 Bulk of these items don't count against your Bulk limits. If you're carrying or stowing the pack rather than wearing it on your back, its Bulk is light instead of negligible." Set it up as below, with a capacity of 2
There still seems to be no drag and drop for Advanced Players Guide content, which released half a year ago. Any update on that?
1614380847
Sebastian K. said: I have to agree with this. Charactermancer was the core feature that got a lot of people, me included, to pay hardcover prices for a digital only version of the PF2 books on roll20. Having the ability to quickly build and level up player characters was a core part of the value proposition. I know that development is not always straight forward and that delays happen, but there needs to be some communication. What is the status of the Charactermancer for PF2, and what is the updated release schedule as per the original one it should be available by now?  I am curious about this as well. Is there any news on the status of the mancer? Where are we with it? Do we have even a general ETA?
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/join/10007828/5bu1OA" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/join/10007828/5bu1OA</a> &nbsp;the game is starting
Er, I think you may have posted to the wrong group, Tyler.&nbsp; That's a D&amp;D 5E game.&nbsp; This is not a set of posts about anything 5E-related.
1614454313

Edited 1614454405
Feature Request Template One-liner&nbsp; Title : Critical Hit Notation&nbsp; Separation Brief&nbsp; Description : The idea is to have a separate set of notes available only on the critical hit template of the attack. This would keep effects that only happen on critical separate and would help keep things looking a bit neater.&nbsp; References : Currently My Attack is as shown below: With this feature the goal would be to have it be simplified to as show below, the second image is what would come up when selecting "Roll Critical Damage"&nbsp;
1614630093
Jix said: Feature Request Template One-liner&nbsp; Title : Critical Hit Notation&nbsp; Separation Brief&nbsp; Description : The idea is to have a separate set of notes available only on the critical hit template of the attack. This would keep effects that only happen on critical separate and would help keep things looking a bit neater.&nbsp; I too would appreciate being able to have notes that only show up after pressing the Roll Critical Damage Button.&nbsp;&nbsp;
1614677335

Edited 1614677374
Sheet Issue: Spell Toggle Sections Bugged Description of issue :&nbsp; The toggle buttons for Focus Spells and Cantrips are inverted. Only seems to happen in one sheet. Screenshot (click to watch animated gif):
Feature request: Alchemist spot for alchemical recipes and reagents
1614757207
JJL
Pro
Was there thread for discussing starfinder sheet btw? I still want to find out if starfinder charactermancer is still a project that is ngoing
1614772573

Edited 1614774844
Sheet Issue: The item Capacity field doesn't work as expected Description of issue :&nbsp; I have 2 issues with it: 1. The name . It's called capacity, but that's not what it actually is, it's how much bulk a container negates. Very counter-intuitive. I expect capacity to be the actual capacity of a container, for example, a Backpack has a capacity of 4 bulk, yet it only negates 2 bulk. Suggestion: change its name. 2. It only shows in Stowed Items . What if I wear a container? The most obvious example is a Backpack, it's a basic item that almost all characters will have, and it requires &nbsp;to be worn &nbsp;in order to benefit from it's bulk reduction properties. Suggestion: Add the capacity field to Worn Items, but the negative bulk should be applied to Stowed Items, not Worn Items.
Is anyone else experiencing severe lag when trying to navigate the Spells tab of their character sheet, particularly when there are a lot of spells placed into it (such as from being a medium to high level wizard)?
@Ravingdork, I know I had a similar issue until I disabled autofill on my browser. I suggest trying that to see if it makes a difference.
1615131937
Natha
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jix said: Feature Request Template One-liner&nbsp; Title : Critical Hit Notation&nbsp; Separation Brief&nbsp; Description : The idea is to have a separate set of notes available only on the critical hit template of the attack. This would keep effects that only happen on critical separate and would help keep things looking a bit neater.&nbsp; References : Currently My Attack is as shown below: Request noted. This could actually come handy for a number of cases.
1615133212
Natha
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lekgolo said: Sheet Issue: Spell Toggle Sections Bugged Description of issue :&nbsp; The toggle buttons for Focus Spells and Cantrips are inverted. Only seems to happen in one sheet. Screenshot (click to watch animated gif): Sorry we can't reproduce this behaviour. When you say it happens only on one sheet, you mean one character? Can you toggle of all spells sections off, then all on again and see if this particular sheet keeps having the wrong behaviour, please? If it still does, please go the "Attributes &amp; Abilities" tab on the sheet, and look for these attributes. There should be only one entry for each of them. toggle_cantrips ("cantrips" is the value to show the section) toggle_focus ("focus" is the value to show the section) toggle_innate ("innate" is the value to show the section) toggle_normalspells ("spells" is the value to show the section) 0 is the value to hide them. Change them manually accordingly and delete any redondant attribute entry.
Natha said: Lekgolo said: Sheet Issue: Spell Toggle Sections Bugged Description of issue :&nbsp; The toggle buttons for Focus Spells and Cantrips are inverted. Only seems to happen in one sheet. Screenshot (click to watch animated gif): Sorry we can't reproduce this behaviour. When you say it happens only on one sheet, you mean one character? Can you toggle of all spells sections off, then all on again and see if this particular sheet keeps having the wrong behaviour, please? If it still does, please go the "Attributes &amp; Abilities" tab on the sheet, and look for these attributes. There should be only one entry for each of them. toggle_cantrips ("cantrips" is the value to show the section) toggle_focus ("focus" is the value to show the section) toggle_innate ("innate" is the value to show the section) toggle_normalspells ("spells" is the value to show the section) 0 is the value to hide them. Change them manually accordingly and delete any redondant attribute entry. Yes, it happens only to the sheet of one particular character. Already tried toggling them all off an on again, but focus and cantrips remained inverted. I went into Attributes &amp; Abilties and found those 4 entries, none of them were duplicated. When all were set to off in the sheet, all 4 entries had value 0. After tinkering a bit with it I found the problem, there's another entry called "toggles" that had the value "color:default,focus,cantrips" when all were set to off. I changed it to just "color:default" and now all toggles work as expected. I'm unsure what caused this in the first place though.
I have that issue with new characters sometimes, it's been around since the sheet was released I think. It's been reported in past threads.
1615455073
Hi! Is it possible to develop a new sheet inside the character template about the animal companion / familiar?
1615872111
What do people think about having separate "Notes" fields for each of the three saving throws? I find that each class gets separate buffs for each individual save type. The other way would be to have an indicator for each one if you either Crit save" on regular save or just fail on "Crit fail". I have it all in the notes for now, but it ends up being several lines one for each save type. Not to mention other buffs (e.g. magic items or spells) that give you bonuses for particular types (e.g. +1 to will saves vs fear).
I did recommend just that on the previous page, though in my case, it was because of the Bulwark capability of full plate.
1615954815
Fraser S. said: What do people think about having separate "Notes" fields for each of the three saving throws? I find that each class gets separate buffs for each individual save type. The other way would be to have an indicator for each one if you either Crit save" on regular save or just fail on "Crit fail". I have it all in the notes for now, but it ends up being several lines one for each save type. Not to mention other buffs (e.g. magic items or spells) that give you bonuses for particular types (e.g. +1 to will saves vs fear). I like this very much.
1616051478
Lucas X.
Translator
Is it possible to get the Quantity from Invetory using&nbsp;%{selected|repeating_items-worn_$id_action} ? Like for attacks, where you can get stuff using&nbsp;@{selected|repeating_melee-strikes_$0_weapon_traits} (this example you get Traits).
@Lucas, try @{selected|repeating_items-worn_$0_worn_quantity}
1616484269
Hey cool, version 4.05 of the sheet has the split notes for Will, Reflex, and Fortitude. Be aware though that previous notes have been removed and will need to be re-added.
1616484942
Following up on separate notes fields, is it possible to have a separate notes field for Initiative? Examples: Battle Cry (intimidate on Initiative), Improved Initiative (+2 to init), Pilgrim's Token (act first on tie), Battle Planner, Incredible Scout. Probably some items that help there too, and class abilities too.
Idk if the horizontal scroll bar is part of the latest version of this sheet or a benefit of the general Character Sheet Enhancements, but it's a very welcome addition!
1616488370
Is there a list of all the updates/releases for each version somewhere?
1616496500
Natha
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fraser S. said: Hey cool, version 4.05 of the sheet has the split notes for Will, Reflex, and Fortitude. Be aware though that previous notes have been removed and will need to be re-added. Hi Fraser. It should have copied the previous unique note to all 3 new notes. This could be a bug in the upgrading process. Did you verify this every time / for every character?
1616526346

Edited 1616527475
I noticed that the notes copied over in 2/4 of my players' sheets, but not in the other 2. All 4 sheets had identical notes, so the content shouldn't make a difference. The original notes still exist in all 4 sheets' saving_throws_notes attribute. EDIT: Checked all the PC sheets in my game, all with identical saving throw notes as above. Of 10 archived sheets, 1 had the notes copy over. Of 17 pre-gens, 7 had the notes copy over. So 10/31 total had the notes copy over, the other 21 did not.
1616530204
Natha
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone said: I noticed that the notes copied over in 2/4 of my players' sheets, but not in the other 2. All 4 sheets had identical notes, so the content shouldn't make a difference. The original notes still exist in all 4 sheets' saving_throws_notes attribute. EDIT: Checked all the PC sheets in my game, all with identical saving throw notes as above. Of 10 archived sheets, 1 had the notes copy over. Of 17 pre-gens, 7 had the notes copy over. So 10/31 total had the notes copy over, the other 21 did not. Very usefull, thanks a lot Persephone. And sorry all for the inconvenience, but as noted, the original attributes and its value is still in the attributes and abilities tab (in case its needed). We'll look into this ASAP.
The change is still very much appreciated! Having notes for all three save types appear under any given save roll was sometimes tricky to sort through, so being able to have only relevant notes under the rolls is a big improvement.
1616805309
I am GMing an Extinction Curse campaign, have a Pro subscription, and purchased many materials - CRB, APB, GMG, Bestiary, and the first three books in the Adventure Path. Book 3, Life's Long Shadows, includes the Shoony ancestry. However, I am not seeing an option to include the materials of that book in the Compendium to which my players have access, and the player of a Shoony does not have that option in the Ancestry section of his Character Sheet. Any help would be appreciated!
1616860009

Edited 1616860039
Kyle A. said: I am GMing an Extinction Curse campaign, have a Pro subscription, and purchased many materials - CRB, APB, GMG, Bestiary, and the first three books in the Adventure Path. Book 3, Life's Long Shadows, includes the Shoony ancestry. However, I am not seeing an option to include the materials of that book in the Compendium to which my players have access, and the player of a Shoony does not have that option in the Ancestry section of his Character Sheet. Any help would be appreciated! So confused a bit here, The Ancestry section of the Character sheet you just fill in what ever ancestry you have it does not have a "Selection" you can choose from. Unless you are talking about Ancestry feats? In that case I believe currently the only ancestry feats that work in the compendium are in the Core book. Also the APs don't add anything to the Compendium according to their product pages. I could be wrong there but it is not listed on thier product pages.
1616893581
Thanks, Steven. That's good information to know. I'll ask him to enter those things manually.
1617019973

Edited 1617020265
Mike B
KS Backer
I'm experiencing a bug that I have no idea how to deal with.&nbsp; One of my character sheets seems to have not "fully accepted" the current level of the character.&nbsp; What I mean by that is that everything on the character sheet is displayed correctly, but when rolls are made, the dice calculate it as if the sheet were one level lower for skills, saves, perception, initiative, and spell DCs.&nbsp; Attack rolls seem to work normally.&nbsp; In addition, the sheet is adding the heightened spell effects to rolls, even when I have that box unchecked on the options page (so as to not show them), and shows text written in the saving throw fields of spells even if the toggle for saving throws is not turned on (i.e. I sometimes put notes there since on all my other sheets this has never happened before). Short of having to manually add a +1 temp bonus to everything or start a new sheet from scratch (which I really don't want to do as this sheet took a while to build up), is there anything that can be done about this? Thank you very much in advance for any thoughts or ideas.
1617053814
I've experienced the same thing - but as for my testing, it does not use level-1, it just flat out uses the old level. I checked the "level" attribute on the attribute page, it is changed to the new value, but everywhere I use @{level} manually, it is not working. But: this happens only for 1 of my characters, as far as I have tested it. I can import the character for testing to some table if needed .... Mike B said: I'm experiencing a bug that I have no idea how to deal with.&nbsp; One of my character sheets seems to have not "fully accepted" the current level of the character.&nbsp; What I mean by that is that everything on the character sheet is displayed correctly, but when rolls are made, the dice calculate it as if the sheet were one level lower for skills, saves, perception, initiative, and spell DCs.&nbsp; Attack rolls seem to work normally.&nbsp;
1617081524
It worked sometimes, and sometimes not ... not too hard to find though. Any chance we can get the same split out for perception and initiative buffs/notes? Natha said: Fraser S. said: Hey cool, version 4.05 of the sheet has the split notes for Will, Reflex, and Fortitude. Be aware though that previous notes have been removed and will need to be re-added. Hi Fraser. It should have copied the previous unique note to all 3 new notes. This could be a bug in the upgrading process. Did you verify this every time / for every character?
1617088698

Edited 1617089600
With the drag and drop armor, how do you get armor potency runes to add into the AC? If you change the **AC BONUS* on the inventory page to account for the potency rune, it doesn't seem to have any impact, specifically when you toggle on/off the equipment it resets it to the original item bonus. I want to be able to have my +2 leather armor (+3 equivalent item bonus) and be able to toggle the shield on the inventory page for when I am sleeping to calculate my AC correctly.
Is there somewhere we can see the details of recent updates?
1617481614
In the 2nd edition sheet, is there a way to simply add conditions to the sheet? Is there way in the NPC sheet to easily add templates like elite or young?&nbsp;
1617576839
Jariath said: In the 2nd edition sheet, is there a way to simply add conditions to the sheet? Is there way in the NPC sheet to easily add templates like elite or young?&nbsp; I also would really like to be able to add &amp; remove conditions (and even buffs) like the 1st ed sheet allowed.&nbsp; The slowest apsect of play for my table is tracking and calculating all of the little situational &amp; condition bonuses &amp; penalties.&nbsp; Maybe even one or more "status" fields for each roll that could pull from a conditions tab.&nbsp;
One-liner&nbsp; Title : Customizable equip/process and unequip/unprocess item buttons Brief&nbsp; Description : When you drag an item in from the compendium it will add a little shield next to the item name that you can toggle to equip and unequip that item. For weapons it will add an attack, armor and shields update your ac sections, and some other items (such as the demon mask or bracelet of dashing) will add an action to the main page. I would like for a way to customize these so that when I get runes on my weapons or armor I can have them toggle and actually have the correct information. Right now I can't find anywhere to update what it puts into the main page. Also having this for custom items would be great. The main reason I see for this feature is for heavy armor wearers so that they can swap to their padded stats if they get caught with their pants down with the click of a button. It could also help players manage what attacks they actually have available based on what they are actively holding in their hand. Also if I'm just being dumb and can't find how to update these to use different stats, I'd love to be shown how. References : No reference, but screenshot even though it isn't exactly a bug? As highlighted below, the toggle buttons already exist if you drag in a compendium item. The data in the misc section feels like it should be modifiable to allow for changing what happens to your AC etc based on how you change it, but has no such effect.
1617737939
Natha
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Jubal N. said: One-liner&nbsp; Title : Customizable equip/process and unequip/unprocess item buttons Brief&nbsp; Description : When you drag an item in from the compendium it will add a little shield next to the item name that you can toggle to equip and unequip that item. For weapons it will add an attack, armor and shields update your ac sections, and some other items (such as the demon mask or bracelet of dashing) will add an action to the main page. I would like for a way to customize these so that when I get runes on my weapons or armor I can have them toggle and actually have the correct information. Right now I can't find anywhere to update what it puts into the main page. Also having this for custom items would be great. The main reason I see for this feature is for heavy armor wearers so that they can swap to their padded stats if they get caught with their pants down with the click of a button. It could also help players manage what attacks they actually have available based on what they are actively holding in their hand. Also if I'm just being dumb and can't find how to update these to use different stats, I'd love to be shown how. References : No reference, but screenshot even though it isn't exactly a bug? As highlighted below, the toggle buttons already exist if you drag in a compendium item. The data in the misc section feels like it should be modifiable to allow for changing what happens to your AC etc based on how you change it, but has no such effect. The information shown is just text to be shown in chat. The real processed data are hidden and come from the compendium. There is no way to change them for now. But the request is noted (and has been asked before TBH).
1617740602

Edited 1617785278
Natha
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A little catch-up on (late, sorry) release notes for the sheet. Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 v4.040 to v4.045 release notes Bug fix: Dropping a NPC from the compendium now creates it with added word “feet” to its land speed if necessary. And any NPC (new or existing) with speed notes / other that land speeds, it is displayed with a comma before. New feature: PC sheet: when the option to show buttons for 2nd and 3rd Strike rolls is on, the first roll shows buttons for a 2nd and 3rd, and now the 2nd attack shows the button for the 3rd attack. New feature: Rolling spells: Critical success, Success, Failure and Critical failure are now not tied to Saving Throw and will show in rolls if filled, whatever the spell's saving throw setting. New feature: Settings section of PC’s saving throws now have individual notes. They show in the relative roll (if the option is checked). If the character had notes in the single field previously, its content is copied in each individual notes the first time the sheet is opened. New feature: PC strikes now have a new field "Critical notes" to add information in chat when rolling an attack with included critical damage roll.
Fantastic! I was just considering purchasing the Core Rulebook for my students. Personally, I really like this sheet... though I agree a conditions modifier would be sweet, but I am not sure how much would have to be changed on the sheet. Thanks for all the hard work.&nbsp; My students are really loving Pathfinder 2e.&nbsp;
1618008419

Edited 1618033588
As someone who's setting up a PF2E game currently, I wholeheartedly agree about the conditions modifier. It would help basic classes, like the Barbarian, to have a toggle on/off option for their rage feature.
1618012048
I know it's been asked in the past, but I don't recall seeing an answer. Is there any update on the Advanced Players Guide Compendium getting drag and drop support? Specifically for APG class feats/etc.&nbsp;
This has probably been asked but can the Core Compendium be updated for errata. The adventurer's pack is now 15 SP and 1 bulk.