Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Is there a spot for Character Traits (ie Dwarf, Humanoid, etc) somewhere on the sheet for the characters like on the official PDF?
There is not. I never realized the official PDF had that field, I've just been making a custom attribute to enter that info.
For "Roll Critical Damage Options". Can we get an option to not show anything at all? For some reason when I pick "Don't roll critical damage" the "roll critical damage" button is still showing.
Hi Pathfinders, I'm currently trying to reference the quantities of items so I can use them in Aaron's ammo script. I'm failing gloriously... Does anyone know what needs to go after the @{selected| ... } part to get the quantities to show up in Chat? Thanks a bunch! /K

Edited 1588937013
Vel'Cheran
Translator
Hi, I have a few suggestions to enhance the french translation, but I'm not sure if I'm at the right place... Anyway, I'll put them there, feel free to insult me if I should do that somewhere else. Most of enhancements come from the official translation by Black Book Editions (I guess the translation was done on Roll20 before the official one was released): Deception should be translated as Duperie Performance should be translated as Représentation Stealth should be translated as Discrétion Ideally, it would be great if the skills could be alphabetically ordered (currently it's using the English order, so before translation) Ancestry and Heritage should as translated by Ascendance et Héritage Hero Points should be translated as Points Héroïques (the final S is missing) Hardness (shield) should be translated as Solidité BT (shield) should be translated as SR Feats should be translated as Dons Innate spells should be translated as Sorts innés (the translation is currently missing on the right side of the screen) Spells should be translated as Sorts (same as Innate spells : translated on the left, not on the right) And about the NPC sheet: On the edition screen, the speed unity is stated as "Mètres" (meters) but on the final sheet it's always written "feet" (I would rather suggest to remove entirely this automatic unity, because some creatures don't have a ground speed). In the Whisper Rolls to GM box, query whisper roll should be translated as demander à chaque jet (the current translation is problematic because it basically means the same thing as always whisper rolls ) Automatic and reactive abilities should be translated as Capacités automatiques et réactives And while I'm at it, I have a suggestion about the NPC sheet : could it be possible to display each Trait in a separate box (like in the Bestiary), rather than all of them in one box? Like it's done on <a href="http://monster.pf2.tools/" rel="nofollow">http://monster.pf2.tools/</a>. It would be more easily readable. And thanks a lot for all the work done :)
Feature Request One-liner&nbsp; Title :&nbsp; Class feature support Brief&nbsp; Description : Classes in PF2 mainly consist of a list of class features (which all members of that class have when they reach the appropriate level) and class feats (which are optional abilities). The official sheets list these together. But there doesn't seem to be any support for putting them onto the PF2 Roll20 sheet. Proposal: Add all the class features to the compendium as things to be dragged onto a character sheet. Particularly those who have "run-time" effects – for a barbarian, Rage and Deny Advantage would be important, but Brutality less so, because Brutality is just a matter of changing weapon proficiency levels. References : Core Rulebook pg. 67-231
Sheet Issues - Sudden Charge (Barbarian) lacks actions Description of issue :&nbsp; The Barbarian feat Sudden Charge should be a two-action activity, but the character sheet says "Actions: None".

Edited 1588962515
Feature Request&nbsp; One-liner&nbsp; Title : Character Sheet Traits Field Brief&nbsp; Description : Add a spot for Character Traits (ie Dwarf, Humanoid, etc) up on top of sheet as per official Character Sheet&nbsp; References : Official Character Sheet Next to Size | Alignment | (Traits) Core Rulebook pg 624
This may be a general question, but I'm asking specifically about the {template:rolls} that it says is included in the Pathfinder 2 character sheet. Is there a way to find out what the parameters are for that template? For that matter, is there a place to see the complete source for the character sheet?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Richard H. said: This may be a general question, but I'm asking specifically about the {template:rolls} that it says is included in the Pathfinder 2 character sheet. Is there a way to find out what the parameters are for that template? For that matter, is there a place to see the complete source for the character sheet? links at the bottom: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/PF2E#See_Also" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/PF2E#See_Also</a>
Vel C. said: Hi, I have a few suggestions to enhance the french translation, but I'm not sure if I'm at the right place... Hey, you might want to message Cassie &nbsp;and ask to be a volunteer. I'm one of the Brazilian volunteers and been translating it for awhile now, it's a nice feeling to bring this amazing system to all. (Post where I got invited to be a volunteer)
It's nice to be able to drag and drop spells from the Compendium. It would be nicer if non-attack spells would do relevant rolls as part of the description.&nbsp; I always go through and wrap rolls with double square brackets, but this could be on by default in the Compendium descriptions. Even better if Cantrips, which auto-Heighten, would automagically increase damage dice as characters level up.&nbsp; I modify the Attack-&gt;Damage field to read something like this: "[[ceil(@{level}/2)]]d4". One other quirk, I often set up Token Actions by clicking the spell roll, switching to the chat box, up arrow to call up the text that created the spell roll, select all, copy, and then paste into a Token Action.&nbsp; The one problem is that the spell attack modifier or DC comes through as a constant number rather than a reference to spell_attack or spell_dc.&nbsp; Which means that when I level up I have to go through correcting all the constants.&nbsp; Or do it once and edit the Token Actions to replace "17" with "@{Name|spell_dc}" or "7" with "@{Name|spell_attack}" (maybe some complications if different training for different spells, but works 99% of the time). Thanks for listening!
Karankwan said: Hi Pathfinders, I'm currently trying to reference the quantities of items so I can use them in Aaron's ammo script. I'm failing gloriously... Does anyone know what needs to go after the @{selected| ... } part to get the quantities to show up in Chat? Thanks a bunch! /K The attribute you need is @{selected|repeating_items-worn_&lt;id/row&gt;_worn_quantity} Replace worn in both instances with the inventory group you're using; either readied or other.
I am making tokens with tokens actions, but the attack roll always ends up as 0 and when I mouse over it to see the calculations it looks different than if I just roll off of the sheet. Not sure if I did something wrong or if this is a bug.
Looks like the modifier in the sheet is +8 instead of just 8. Get rid of the + and it should work.

Edited 1589566636
One of my PCs is a wizard who uses Hand of the Apprentice regularly.&nbsp; I don't know if it's always been like this, but lately, it doesn't seem to be calculating his attack roll correctly. The spell says it makes a spell attack roll, for him that would be a +10.&nbsp; In the spell, I have "Attack" turned on, and Int selected as the Ability modifier.&nbsp; When I click the spell though, it only adds the +4 for his Int, not the +6 from him being trained with arcane spell attacks.&nbsp; I've checked the left side of the spells tab, he is correctly set to trained with those, and it shows a +10 to spell attack roll.&nbsp; Any ideas? EDIT: I think I figured it out...in the Focus spells section, it doesn't seem to take into account the spell attack roll, whereas a spell listed in Cantrips or regular spells does.
Persephone said: Looks like the modifier in the sheet is +8 instead of just 8. Get rid of the + and it should work. That was it thank you
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Persephone said: Looks like the modifier in the sheet is +8 instead of just 8. Get rid of the + and it should work. Interesting. The sheet is designed to be more robust in more places, so that "8" or "+8" wouldn't make a difference, this section is an exception.
Yeah, it's just dependent on whether the macro wraps that attribute in parentheses or not. 1d20 + (+8) works, but 1d20 + +8 breaks the calculation, and the NPC attacks use the latter.
I must be blind I don’t see anywhere it defines the parameters for the template other than the name&nbsp; {template:rolls} to use it. The links at the bottom are all generic roll20 documents. Andreas J. said: Richard H. said: This may be a general question, but I'm asking specifically about the {template:rolls} that it says is included in the Pathfinder 2 character sheet. Is there a way to find out what the parameters are for that template? For that matter, is there a place to see the complete source for the character sheet? links at the bottom: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/PF2E#See_Also" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/PF2E#See_Also</a>

Edited 1589706782
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Brian V. said: I must be blind I don’t see anywhere it defines the parameters for the template other than the name&nbsp; {template:rolls} to use it. The links at the bottom are all generic roll20 documents. Richard H. said: For that matter, is there a place to see the complete source for the character sheet? Sorry, was pointing to that the sheet sourcecode was linked there, was on mobile: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/PF2E#See_Also" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/PF2E#See_Also</a> : Sheet sourcecode (Public version of sheet code is somewhat behind what is actually used)
Oh yeah that is above my skill level, I thought there was something similar to the default like on the wiki etc. I have no idea what I am looking at on the source code.&nbsp; ex &amp;{template:default} {{name=Test Attack}} {{attack=[[1d20]]}} {{damage=[[2d6]]}}
Persephone said: Karankwan said: Hi Pathfinders, I'm currently trying to reference the quantities of items so I can use them in Aaron's ammo script. I'm failing gloriously... Does anyone know what needs to go after the @{selected| ... } part to get the quantities to show up in Chat? Thanks a bunch! /K The attribute you need is @{selected|repeating_items-worn_&lt;id/row&gt;_worn_quantity} Replace worn in both instances with the inventory group you're using; either readied or other. Thanks for helping me out yet again! :) That's what I was looking for /K
Mark said: One of my PCs is a wizard who uses Hand of the Apprentice regularly.&nbsp; I don't know if it's always been like this, but lately, it doesn't seem to be calculating his attack roll correctly. The spell says it makes a spell attack roll, for him that would be a +10.&nbsp; In the spell, I have "Attack" turned on, and Int selected as the Ability modifier.&nbsp; When I click the spell though, it only adds the +4 for his Int, not the +6 from him being trained with arcane spell attacks.&nbsp; I've checked the left side of the spells tab, he is correctly set to trained with those, and it shows a +10 to spell attack roll.&nbsp; Any ideas? EDIT: I think I figured it out...in the Focus spells section, it doesn't seem to take into account the spell attack roll, whereas a spell listed in Cantrips or regular spells does. Done a little looking into this myself - it appears that Focus Spells don't reference a magic tradition (so it has no way of knowing your proficiency modifier) and the spell attack modifier isn't part of the Attack toggle, so there's two reasons it's not calculating it correctly.

Edited 1590064813
I posted this as a thread in suggesstions/ideas, but thought i would copy the idea here. Pathfinder 2 Char Sheet needs Alchemist Formula Tab Hey Devs @ Sheet Authors, Looking at the Official Pathfinder 2 Char Sheet , I notice a few things missing , including, but not limited to: Alchemist Formula Book Tab , made similar to Spells Tab - there's definitely enough white space to add another button Options to show/hide certain tabs , such as Spells or the forthcoming Alchemist Tab when not needed by the Barbarian or Fighter, or other options mentioned above where one person wants to see something, and another person doesnt want said thing on their sheet. Under Details Tab, a general charachter notes area above the Campaign notes box (such as 4 mutagens/daily prep) to put info beside Bio &amp; Info area within the sheet itself. ? What is this drag/drop option i read about here?

Edited 1590502223
Feature Request One-liner&nbsp; Title : Black and White Sheet Brief&nbsp; Description : My groups and I were eagerly awaiting a simple, black and white color scheme, akin to what pretty much every other roleplaying system has on this site. The neutral color scheme that was finally released, however, is basically "Gray on Gray on Gray," and is honestly very difficult to look at depending on your monitor. Please release a simple black and white color scheme, like the Pathfinder 1e sheet, or what most other game systems offer. Here's a side by side to show what I mean. It looks okay on some monitors, but on others it actually kind of gives the viewer a headache depending on their contrast. Left: PF1 / Right: PF2 A good rule of thumb for design is Black text on White and, sparingly,&nbsp; White text on Black . Trying to read text on gray, let alone white text on gray, is really unpleasant.
Hi There.&nbsp; The new game master book for 2e has been out and I wonder if anybody has made a character sheet that does not include Level in proficiency bonus.&nbsp; I find include level in that is overkill and I like this new alt rule and would love to see a character sheet that uses only this alt rule.
Actually wouldn't be hard to modify that no level to proficiency bonus rule.&nbsp; just delete the line in the macro that auto adds level to it.&nbsp; If someone can do that would be great.&nbsp; And by the way who ever made this 2e sheet.&nbsp; Its amazing, really well done.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
OmegaOm said: Actually wouldn't be hard to modify that no level to proficiency bonus rule.&nbsp; just delete the line in the macro that auto adds level to it.&nbsp; If someone can do that would be great.&nbsp; And by the way who ever made this 2e sheet.&nbsp; Its amazing, really well done. Thanks a lot OmegaOm, this sheet is a team effort. That said, the option to ignore Levels in Proficiency bonus calculation will be added at some point.
@Natha - You guys need to put up a Roll Template page for your sheet.&nbsp; See the 5E one for how that should look:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037257834-D-D-5e-OGL-Roll-Templates" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037257834-D-D-5e-OGL-Roll-Templates</a>
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Toshimo said: @Natha - You guys need to put up a Roll Template page for your sheet.&nbsp; See the 5E one for how that should look:&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037257834-D-D-5e-OGL-Roll-Templates" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037257834-D-D-5e-OGL-Roll-Templates</a> Good point. Thanks for the reminder.
Feature Request One Liner Title: Prepared Spell Indicator Brief Description: I don't know how many times you've gotten this suggestion before, but it would be really really nice to have a way to track prepared and signature spells. Even just a checkbox next to a spell would be a good start. If it were possible to hide unprepared spells that would be incredibly helpful too, especially for Druid or Cleric players who have a very large assortment of spells to grab from.
Feature Request One Liner Title: Three separate attack boxes&nbsp;that account for MAP Brief Description: I think it would be really cool if the attacks on the character sheet would each have three separate buttons for the first, second and third attacks made during your turn. Currently you have to either apply the MAP in your head, after the attack is rolled, or make entries for separate attacks with different modifiers. Either way, I think this would be a nice quality-of-life feature. Considering that MAP can vary between attacks, the way I see this being implemented is by adding a "multiple attack penalty" field in the attack's edit mode. This value would then be subtracted from the attack bonus for the subsequent attacks. The only problem I see with this is that adding the feature to the bestiary monsters would require going over all of the monster's attacks and seeing if they are agile or not, but I think having this be a feature just for PCs would already be nice. This may have already been requested, but hey, another request won't hurt anyone
Feature Request One-liner&nbsp; Title : Better documentation and expansion on Roll Templates. Brief&nbsp; Description : I love playing around with Roll Templates, but this one could use better documentation. I also would like to request the ability to add more than 4 "roll" fields to template. Right now I've got some macros where I want roll01 to be a roll, and roll02 to 05 to be the results for each level of success, but the sheet breaks after roll04.

Edited 1591128848
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 version 3.3 Allow special critical damage features on PC strikes New “Critical Damage” subsection in the the Melee and Ranged strikes settings, that allows to change the number, size and additional dice for critical damage roll. This allows to handle the Deadly or Fatal weapon traits. For example, a Rapier does 1d6 P normal damage, and has the Deadly d8 trait. So, its Critical damage are (1d6 + bonus) x 2 + 1d8. Or, a Pick does 1d6 P normal damage, and has the Fatal d10 trait. So, its Critical damage are (1d10 + bonus) x 2 + 1d10. Damage dice are now initialized at 0D0 when creating a new strike. When changing regular damage dice number and size for the first time, critical damage dice number and size will be changed accordingly. Using the “# Damage dice” setting in the sheet’s options now asks for the number of dice for the regular and also for the critical damage. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Action added from Feat drop Feats with an “Action” value, dropped from compendium on one of the Feats repeating sections, , will add the feat to the relative Feats repeating section and now aslo add an action in the Actions repeating section on the character tab. &nbsp; &nbsp; Fix NPC skills settings layout PC Strikes &amp; PC and NPC Spells: Attack and damage "other" bonus field for formulas PC Revamped melee &amp; ranged strikes, as well as PC and NPC spells, attack and damage sections, to add an “other” attribute that can handle “macro formulas” (like “(@{level} * 2) + 3”), added to the rolls. &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Bug fix: PC/NPC switch &amp; settings bug fix Opening various settings sections on a PC or NPC sheet, and swtiching to NPC or PC, should reset opened settings section to close, and allow to access any settings section (like spell attack or spells). Plus the sheet values are now recalculted when swtiching. "Other" action for spells Spells can now have "other" as action. This is the new default value when dropping a spell from Compendium that has no defined action.
John B
Pro
Sheet Author
Any word on when the compendium can use drag and drop for items and such onto the char sheet?
Any word on accessibility fixes for screen readers?
When will the sheet support the default doubling damage on a crit (rather than rolling extra dice)?
Steve W. said: When will the sheet support the default doubling damage on a crit (rather than rolling extra dice)? My group just turns off the crit damage and doubles what's rolled like it says in the Core Rulebook.&nbsp; Not sure why the crit damage thing even got added tbh.&nbsp; Not sure if the programming on Roll20 would let them produce a 2nd output that relies on another roll.&nbsp; Be interested to know if they could.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1591248352
Is there a way to creare a&nbsp; "show me the Crit Success, Success, Failure, Crit Failure of this specific spell" button on spell descriptions? I tried this but it didn't work. I know there are save_critical_success; save_success; etc. values, but I don't know how to use them. &nbsp;
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Joshua F. said: &nbsp;Not sure if the programming on Roll20 would let them produce a 2nd output that relies on another roll.&nbsp; Be interested to know if they could.&nbsp;&nbsp; You are right: as said before regarding critical damage, it's not currently technically possible to re-use the result of a roll in the chat rolltemplate, for another calculation (except using the API but that would be restricted to Pro accounts). That's why, the sheet currently rolls the same roll as damage, and multiplies it by 2 (+ possible additional damage), for critical damage.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Lugh said: Is there a way to creare a&nbsp; "show me the Crit Success, Success, Failure, Crit Failure of this specific spell" button on spell descriptions? I tried this but it didn't work. I know there are save_critical_success; save_success; etc. values, but I don't know how to use them. &nbsp; Sorryn no, It's not possible to my knowledge.

Edited 1591277387
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nick S. said: Any word on accessibility fixes for screen readers? Hi Nick. To get back to you about that: the ideal situation regarding screen readers would be that settings section would be not displayed / not exist in the sheet, when the toggle is "off", rather that just "hidden" (by means of a 0 height and full transparency) as it is today?
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
John B said: Any word on when the compendium can use drag and drop for items and such onto the char sheet? The exact "when" can't be revealed, but let's just say that it's the next big step for the sheet ;)

Edited 1591334629
@Natha there seems to a bug with the new damage "other" field for existing weapons. I just loaded up my existing character and was testing out the crit damage stuff (nice stuff btw), and I noticed that the base damage was not including the "other" other field unless you deliberately set it to 0 (it was defaulting to null), however this did not happen with the crit roll. Weird huh. It also doesn't care if the attack "other" field is null, just the damage one. tldr; if your base damage is missing the "bonus to damage", then you may need to set your damage "other" value to 0 (not null)
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Fraser S. said: @Natha there seems to a bug with the new damage "other" field for existing weapons. I just loaded up my existing character and was testing out the crit damage stuff (nice stuff btw), and I noticed that the base damage was not including the "other" other field unless you deliberately set it to 0 (it was defaulting to null), however this did not happen with the crit roll. Weird huh. It also doesn't care if the attack "other" field is null, just the damage one. tldr; if your base damage is missing the "bonus to damage", then you may need to set your damage "other" value to 0 (not null) Thanks for the report, Fraser. This will be investigated ASAP.
Natha said: Nick S. said: Any word on accessibility fixes for screen readers? Hi Nick. To get back to you about that: the ideal situation regarding screen readers would be that settings section would be not displayed / not exist in the sheet, when the toggle is "off", rather that just "hidden" (by means of a 0 height and full transparency) as it is today? Yep as I understand it that's exactly right. If the gear buttons to expand and collapse things were checkboxes that would be nice, but the thing you just said is the number one thing I would like to see on the sheet.
I would like to see someone build an API script that functions as a Conditions table. Set it to operate as a macro that brings up a drop down menu or something where the player or GM can toggle on and off various conditions that when toggled impart the desired values to the character sheet.
Can confirm Fraser's issue and fix above; the Bonus to Roll and Bonus to Damage queries don't work unless I input a "0" on each attack and spell's "Other" field individually, otherwise what I input in the query box doesn't modify the roll at all.