Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Request: Show formatted text in Character sheet view, not only in chat window I'm wondering if the formatting can be shown in the character sheet view mode? Here's an example:
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Manfred said: Request: Show formatted text in Character sheet view, not only in chat window I'm wondering if the formatting can be shown in the character sheet view mode? Here's an example: Sorry to say that it's unfortunately not possible to have formatting that goes both for chat roll and the sheet display. I wish it could be though.
Sean T. said: Milk Squad said: LeviathanScourge said: Hello,  Is there any update on a charactermancer? I second this question. I third this question. Fourth
fifth Daniel M. said: Sean T. said: Milk Squad said: LeviathanScourge said: Hello,  Is there any update on a charactermancer? I second this question. I third this question. Fourth
One-liner  Title : ADD CONDITIONS TO CHARACTERS AS BUTTONS Brief  Description : Add buttons to add/remove common conditions to characters, with values, modifying stats as appropriate. Such as Flat Footed, Enfeebled 1, Dying 2, slowed 1, Wounded 1 etc... References : Core rulebook - conditions
LSRPG said: One-liner  Title : ADD CONDITIONS TO CHARACTERS AS BUTTONS Brief  Description : Add buttons to add/remove common conditions to characters, with values, modifying stats as appropriate. Such as Flat Footed, Enfeebled 1, Dying 2, slowed 1, Wounded 1 etc... References : Core rulebook - conditions Adding to this: include a way to add custom conditions for things like inspire courage, bless, heroism, etc.

Edited 1607034544
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 v4.001 to v4.010 release notes New bulk quantity field for an item in inventory, to set how many items its weight/bulk represents. For example, 10 arrows is a Light Bulk, so BULK QTY should be 10 for arrows (so that 20 arrows equals to two Light bulks regarding encumbrace). You might need to edit your existing items or delete and re-drop them from Compendium to update this new field. Note that if this field is empty, it's regarded as "1" for encumbrance calculation purpose. Applied 2nd Pathfinder 2E errata to PC sheet inventory : inventory sections are now Held, Worn and Stowed Items (with possible investing of items in the Held and Worn sections). Bug fix: Fixed minor issues with spacing on the NPC sheet Bug fix:  Unequipping armor now clears the Speed Penalty and Check Penalty boxes under AC. Bug fix:  Upon dropping a weapon with the Fatal trait, additional damage in the critical damage roll should have the Fatal dice as additional critical damage

Edited 1607208849
The update is great! I love that the new Bulk Qty field also adjusts how the price of the item is calculated in total item value, and it makes tracking ammo and rations so much easier =D Got a couple questions: When using buttons for all damage, what does the template for the CRITICAL_DAMAGE call look like? What are the names of the sections that contain the rolls? I have a script set up to look for type=damage when the template goes to chat and it works when auto roll is on, but the script doesn't pick up anything when I roll just the CRITICAL_DAMAGE call. Just an issue with my script, all sorted out. EDIT: Also, is there an alternative way to refer to @{<item>_hit_points_max} in an inventory item without using selected? I'm looking for a workaround to this issue: I wanted the hit points of a set of armour to be visible when sending the item to chat, so I added [[@{worn_hit_points}]]/@{worn_hit_points_max} to its MISC section. When clicking the item from the sheet, it shows 36 /36 as expected, but when calling that item using %{compendium|repeating_items-worn_-MNlf705eGeEz7GCPxSw_ACTION} it shows as 36 /0 instead.

Edited 1607286519
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone said: The update is great! I love that the new Bulk Qty field also adjusts how the price of the item is calculated in total item value, and it makes tracking ammo and rations so much easier =D ... When clicking the item from the sheet, it shows 36 /36 as expected, but when calling that item using %{compendium|repeating_items-worn_-MNlf705eGeEz7GCPxSw_ACTION} it shows as 36 /0 instead. Thanks Persephone. Try using  @{worn_hit_points|max} instead (charming Roll20 quirk ;)  
Oh, duh! I didn't try that 'cause I assumed it would treat worn_hit_points as a character name to look for. Thanks =D

Edited 1607461168
Fedora Ferret said: LSRPG said: One-liner  Title : ADD CONDITIONS TO CHARACTERS AS BUTTONS Brief  Description : Add buttons to add/remove common conditions to characters, with values, modifying stats as appropriate. Such as Flat Footed, Enfeebled 1, Dying 2, slowed 1, Wounded 1 etc... References : Core rulebook - conditions Adding to this: include a way to add custom conditions for things like inspire courage, bless, heroism, etc. I really love to have this feature. pathfinder 1e roll20 sheet has similar functionality, and it was very helpful to speed up the game.   
Fedora Ferret said: LSRPG said: One-liner  Title : ADD CONDITIONS TO CHARACTERS AS BUTTONS Brief  Description : Add buttons to add/remove common conditions to characters, with values, modifying stats as appropriate. Such as Flat Footed, Enfeebled 1, Dying 2, slowed 1, Wounded 1 etc... References : Core rulebook - conditions Adding to this: include a way to add custom conditions for things like inspire courage, bless, heroism, etc. This might be one of the most useful additions to make the running of PF2 easier on Roll20.
The new spell sorting looks really useful! There seems to be a visual bug tho, I'll describe below Sheet Issue 1 When changing the sorting method, 0 values seem to temporarily adopt the values of the row they are moved to. Closing and reopening the sheet fixes this, but if the values are interacted with the changes become set. A gif to demonstrate: Sheet Issue 2 Just noticed a minor bug in the total bulk: It only adds up the total from each section rounded down, and doesn't account for leftover light items in each section. So if I were to place a 1 bulk item and nine L bulk items in each section (altogether 3 bulk and 27 L), the total bulk gets measured as 3 instead of 5. Given that example, it only has a chance of missing 2 bulk at most.
Coming from PF1, it's pretty jarring that we don't have a way to just un/check a buff. Neil H. said: Fedora Ferret said: LSRPG said: One-liner  Title : ADD CONDITIONS TO CHARACTERS AS BUTTONS Brief  Description : Add buttons to add/remove common conditions to characters, with values, modifying stats as appropriate. Such as Flat Footed, Enfeebled 1, Dying 2, slowed 1, Wounded 1 etc... References : Core rulebook - conditions Adding to this: include a way to add custom conditions for things like inspire courage, bless, heroism, etc. This might be one of the most useful additions to make the running of PF2 easier on Roll20.
Let's make that a d6 worth. Sixth! Leifers said: fifth Daniel M. said: Sean T. said: Milk Squad said: LeviathanScourge said: Hello,  Is there any update on a charactermancer? I second this question. I third this question. Fourth
Sebastian K. said: Feature Suggestion: Dropdown on NPC sheets for quick Elite or Weak adjustments  I often find myself wishing there was a quicker way to apply weak or elite adjustments than to manually edit the affected fields. Since they are flat number in-/ decreases, I was wondering if we could get a drop down or check box for elite/weak adjustments.  I would love to see this as well!
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
A bit late but  Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 v4.020 release notes New options to sort Innate, Cantrips, and regular spells by remaining daily uses (ascending or descending), plus new button to refresh sorting without having to change sorting choice. Compendium data fix: u pdating Backpack Bulk Capacity to 2, following the errata
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone said: The new spell sorting looks really useful! There seems to be a visual bug tho, I'll describe below Sheet Issue 1 When changing the sorting method, 0 values seem to temporarily adopt the values of the row they are moved to. Closing and reopening the sheet fixes this, but if the values are interacted with the changes become set. A gif to demonstrate: Sheet Issue 2 Just noticed a minor bug in the total bulk: It only adds up the total from each section rounded down, and doesn't account for leftover light items in each section. So if I were to place a 1 bulk item and nine L bulk items in each section (altogether 3 bulk and 27 L), the total bulk gets measured as 3 instead of 5. Given that example, it only has a chance of missing 2 bulk at most. Hi Persephone, and thanks for the report. Regarding issue 1: yes, this is confirmed. If the value has been modified manually before, sorting do work as intented. Otherwise, unpredictable behaviour can happen. This is investigated but might be tricky to fix. Regarding issue 2: also confirmed. This will be fixed ASAP.
Natha said: [...] Regarding issue 1: yes, this is confirmed. If the value has been modified manually before, sorting do work as intented. Otherwise, unpredictable behaviour can happen. This is investigated but might be tricky to fix. [...] Oh, I see, that makes sense! Adjusting all the values once before sorting does seem to prevent it, though, so that's good to know :)
Sheet Issues PC Actions with empty traits field shows the ancestry traits when called as an ability like %{Vangrior Meran Kalinas|repeating_actions_-MO7gdvB8Zwk8KZe8yPJ_action} I'm guessing this is because both attributes are called traits. Maybe renaming the traits attribute to ancestry_traits could fix this? Senses still have "EmoBond" in the subheader for some reason. Held and Stowed items' subheaders are bugging out, displaying in red text [readied_items] and [other_items] respectively Screenshot below shows an example of each:

Edited 1608416022
I am filling out my spells list, why does every spell try to calculate a new spell save DC, and why is it half the value of the one calculated already for my character. A level 10 bard with 20 charisma should have 29 spell save on their spells, but most of my spells are saying enemies have to beat a DC 15 will save. Is this an error? e: i forgot to say i was trained in occult spellcasting and that was the problem. Nevermind!
Has anyone figured out a way to implement the keen weapon rune on the character sheet?

Edited 1608617927
@Fraser, there isn't a built-in way to do it, but you could override the default attack roll by pasting this into the EFFECTS field (if you are using that field for anything you can just paste this at the very end): }} {{roll01=[[1d20cs>19cf1 + [@{weapon_proficiency_display}] @{weapon_strike}[@{text_modifier}] + (@{weapon_other})[OTHER] + (@{query_roll_bonus})[@{text_bonus}]]]
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 v4.030 release notes Armor class settings now have a Traits attribute, editable or handled by equipping armor from Inventory. Noisy and Flexible traits are processed automatically. Note: you may have to edit the traits manually, or unequip/equip again your current armor from inventory, if dropped from compendium.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone said: PC Actions with empty traits field shows the ancestry traits when called as an ability like I'm guessing this is because both attributes are called traits. Maybe renaming the traits attribute to ancestry_traits could fix this? Senses still have "EmoBond" in the subheader for some reason. Held and Stowed items' subheaders are bugging out, displaying in red text [readied_items] and [other_items] respectively >>  PC Actions with empty traits field shows the ancestry traits when called as an ability like Sorry I'm not able to reproduce this. Are you calling the ability from a macro, or the macro bar? >>  Senses still have "EmoBond" in the subheader for some reason. This comes from the crowd sourced (via CrowdIn) translation (well, to english but that's still the source of this problem). The source code is fine though. I'm gonna escalade this. >>  Held and Stowed items' subheaders are bugging out, displaying in red text [readied_items] and [other_items] respectively Good catch and will be fixed in the next update. Thanks again, Persephone.
G.M. Joe
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. In the options tab of the Pathfinder 2nd ed character sheet, there's a check box "show action icon for actions, feats and spells". Any idea what it does? I haven't seen a difference when I click it on or off. Thanks!
Natha said: >>  PC Actions with empty traits field shows the ancestry traits when called as an ability like Sorry I'm not able to reproduce this. Are you calling the ability from a macro, or the macro bar? It's happening whether I drag the action to the macro bar then click it from there or I enter the ability call directly into chat. Thanks for looking into all of these!
G.M. Joe said: Hi, sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. In the options tab of the Pathfinder 2nd ed character sheet, there's a check box "show action icon for actions, feats and spells". Any idea what it does? I haven't seen a difference when I click it on or off. Thanks! The setting adds the icons to the left of the chat templates. With the setting off, an action in chat looks like this: With the setting on, the same action looks like this:
G.M. Joe
Pro
Sheet Author
Persephone said: T The setting adds the icons to the left of the chat templates. With the setting off, an action in chat looks like this: Oh, thanks! I don't see the icons, probably bcs I have chat avatars turned off or whatever the setting is, but good to know what it does.
Any easy way to change the background colors of the character sheet?  Sorry if this redundant, I could not it in thread

Edited 1608951510
Mark Matt. said: Any easy way to change the background colors of the character sheet?  Sorry if this redundant, I could not it in thread You can change it to black and white (neutral) in the bottom right corner of the Options tab: Sheet Layout—>Color Scheme—>Neutral
Persephone said: Mark Matt. said: Any easy way to change the background colors of the character sheet?  Sorry if this redundant, I could not it in thread You can change it to black and white (neutral) in the bottom right corner of the Options tab: Sheet Layout—>Color Scheme—>Neutral I just noticed this for the first time a few moments ago - Really cool that this is an option!  BUT (yeah, I know......)  could we add a 3rd option?  With all of the requests for Roll20 dark mode, it seems like this is really low-hanging fruit!  Invert the colors on the "Neutral" stylesheet and that would immediately make a huge improvement (at least for P2E players) with very little effort!
@Natha, I've noticed some strange behavior when using the Ammo script to adjust inventory Qty values: if the character has items with a set Bulk Qty, like arrows, after using the script the sheet seems to ignore those values and there total bulk increases greatly, as though the Bulk Qty for all items equals 1. Manually adjusting a Qty value causes the sheet to calculate total bulk as normal. Do you have an idea if this would be an issue with sheet workers or perhaps with the script itself?
Jordan B. said: Persephone said: Mark Matt. said: Any easy way to change the background colors of the character sheet?  Sorry if this redundant, I could not it in thread You can change it to black and white (neutral) in the bottom right corner of the Options tab: Sheet Layout—>Color Scheme—>Neutral I just noticed this for the first time a few moments ago - Really cool that this is an option!  BUT (yeah, I know......)  could we add a 3rd option?  With all of the requests for Roll20 dark mode, it seems like this is really low-hanging fruit!  Invert the colors on the "Neutral" stylesheet and that would immediately make a huge improvement (at least for P2E players) with very little effort! On Google Chrome the extension "Dark Reader" works for Rolll20 very well, and I use it, even in my streams.  Which you can find by searching youtube or twitch by "rolltherole" to see it in action.

Edited 1609169992
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone said: @Natha, I've noticed some strange behavior when using the Ammo script to adjust inventory Qty values: if the character has items with a set Bulk Qty, like arrows, after using the script the sheet seems to ignore those values and there total bulk increases greatly, as though the Bulk Qty for all items equals 1. Manually adjusting a Qty value causes the sheet to calculate total bulk as normal. Do you have an idea if this would be an issue with sheet workers or perhaps with the script itself? Hi Persephone and thanks for the report. I honnestly do not know and never used this script. I'm gonna look into it but if it comes from the way the script handles the sheet worker "change" trigger, I won't be able to do much. PS: confirmed, AFAIK, the Ammo script doesn't trigger the change event on the sheet. So bulk won't be re-calculated. Not sure what to do except contacting the script author and check with him if it's known behaviour.
Thanks for checking!

Edited 1609254938
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 v4.033 release notes New feature: Equipping weapons auto sets the proficiency based on the characters set weapon proficiencies: either with the Weapon Cateogry or Weapon Group, and now also the weapon name. Several names can be used for one proficency entry with the same rank, separated by commas. Inventory: items list now displays the inidivual Bulk / Bulk Quantity for each item. Bug fix: Sorting spells by uses now works properly even if the uses and max uses have never been manually set, without closing and re-opening the sheet. Bulk totalization fix: light items among the different inventory subsections are now correctly tallied. Bug fix: Held and Stowed inventory items' subheaders display correctly in chat when "rolled".
Thanks so much for the updates and fixes! A question about the 'Damage rolls as chat buttons' and 'Show a chat button to roll critical damage' features: Would it be feasible to separate those for Strikes and Spells, so that you could have Strikes output damage chat buttons while spells auto roll only normal damage? I realize this is probably a niche request on my part so it's definitely not priority and I understand if you'd prefer not to bother with it. (Plus you've already applied so many of the features and changes I've requested!)
This is probably a really dumb question, but can anyone tell me where the PF2E sheet is located on roll20?
Tom F. said: This is probably a really dumb question, but can anyone tell me where the PF2E sheet is located on roll20? Sheets can only be accessed through the virtual tabletop, so you can create a new game yourself (they're automatically private) or if you're planning to join another game the GM will likely have a sheet set up for you. To create your own game go to Games—>Create New Game, then select Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 in the sheet selection on the left, and name your game, then click I'm Ready. Once the game is created, click Launch Game then go to the Journal tab (above the chat window on the right) and click Create New, then select Character.
Awesome!  Thank-you Persephone!
If you go to Tools--&gt; Character Vault; (&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Vault" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Vault</a> &nbsp; )&nbsp; one can import characters from any game, and then export them to compatible games that the GM allows that functionality for.&nbsp; I use that in my current game I play in.&nbsp; I design backup characters in my own game and keep them updated, then import them into the Vault and Export them to the game I play in, as needed.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Well, it's just for me or the Portuguese Brazilian Translation stopped working on the sheet?
I've noticed on my spell-caster NPC's sheets for Pathfinder 2e the daily uses boxes for the individual spells reset to 0 / 0 every time I load the roll 20 room. This is already creating issues in keeping track of spell uses between sessions.

Edited 1609732365
Sheet Issue 1 I've noticed this in multiple games as well. Nintendogeek01 said: I've noticed on my spell-caster NPC's sheets for Pathfinder 2e the daily uses boxes for the individual spells reset to 0 / 0 every time I load the roll 20 room. This is already creating issues in keeping track of spell uses between sessions. Sheet Issue 2 Capacity value for a stowed container will counter bulk across all categories if greater than the total bulk in Stowed. See below, Held = 1, Worn = 3, Stowed = 1, Capacity = 2, Total = 3 (should be 4). Removing capacity, the bulk is calculated correctly:

Edited 1609755397
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Persephone said: Sheet Issue 1 I've noticed this in multiple games as well. Nintendogeek01 said: I've noticed on my spell-caster NPC's sheets for Pathfinder 2e the daily uses boxes for the individual spells reset to 0 / 0 every time I load the roll 20 room. This is already creating issues in keeping track of spell uses between sessions. Sheet Issue 2 Capacity value for a stowed container will counter bulk across all categories if greater than the total bulk in Stowed. See below, Held = 1, Worn = 3, Stowed = 1, Capacity = 2, Total = 3 (should be 4). Removing capacity, the bulk is calculated correctly: Thanks for the report Nintendogeek01 and Persephone. This will be investigated ASAP. Regarding the intenvetory total bulk, it might be a side effect of the previous fix for Light items tallying.
Glitch report: Detailed description of the problem Seemingly at random, character sheets (PC and NPC) in Pathfinder 2nd edition games seem to completely zero-out daily uses for spells. Meaning the Daily-Use boxes (min and max) all go to 0 all the way down the spell list on sheets without warning. This seems to occur randomly when modifying any text box, clicking an Edit gear icon, minimizing the sheet... It's impossible for me to say exactly; I blink and the spells are un-prepared on my Pathfinder characters; my players and friends have had the exact same thing happen frequently since the most recent update.&nbsp; Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem Either 1 or 0. Unclear. I don't know if it happens randomly or if certain things trigger it; just interact with a Pathfinder 2e sheet and it will happen, most likely.&nbsp; Description of setup Browser + Version Google Chrome. Version unknown; assumed current one. Browser Addons/Extensions None that affect Roll20. Adblock Plus is my only one. Operating System Apparently any. I use Chrome OS; others report the same issue on other OS.
I also have the same bug Browser + Version Google Chrome.&nbsp; Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (x86_64) Browser Addons/Extensions Grammarly, Adobe Acrobat Operating System Mac OS Catalina(10.15.5) Lady Kjell said: Glitch report: Detailed description of the problem Seemingly at random, character sheets (PC and NPC) in Pathfinder 2nd edition games seem to completely zero-out daily uses for spells. Meaning the Daily-Use boxes (min and max) all go to 0 all the way down the spell list on sheets without warning. This seems to occur randomly when modifying any text box, clicking an Edit gear icon, minimizing the sheet... It's impossible for me to say exactly; I blink and the spells are un-prepared on my Pathfinder characters; my players and friends have had the exact same thing happen frequently since the most recent update.&nbsp; Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem Either 1 or 0. Unclear. I don't know if it happens randomly or if certain things trigger it; just interact with a Pathfinder 2e sheet and it will happen, most likely.&nbsp; Description of setup Browser + Version Google Chrome. Version unknown; assumed current one. Browser Addons/Extensions None that affect Roll20. Adblock Plus is my only one. Operating System Apparently any. I use Chrome OS; others report the same issue on other OS.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Helen L. said: I also have the same bug Browser + Version Google Chrome.&nbsp; Version 87.0.4280.88 (Official Build) (x86_64) Browser Addons/Extensions Grammarly, Adobe Acrobat Operating System Mac OS Catalina(10.15.5) Lady Kjell said: Glitch report: Detailed description of the problem Seemingly at random, character sheets (PC and NPC) in Pathfinder 2nd edition games seem to completely zero-out daily uses for spells. Meaning the Daily-Use boxes (min and max) all go to 0 all the way down the spell list on sheets without warning. This seems to occur randomly when modifying any text box, clicking an Edit gear icon, minimizing the sheet... It's impossible for me to say exactly; I blink and the spells are un-prepared on my Pathfinder characters; my players and friends have had the exact same thing happen frequently since the most recent update.&nbsp; Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem Either 1 or 0. Unclear. I don't know if it happens randomly or if certain things trigger it; just interact with a Pathfinder 2e sheet and it will happen, most likely.&nbsp; Description of setup Browser + Version Google Chrome. Version unknown; assumed current one. Browser Addons/Extensions None that affect Roll20. Adblock Plus is my only one. Operating System Apparently any. I use Chrome OS; others report the same issue on other OS. Thanks for the report,&nbsp;Helen L. and&nbsp;Lady Kjell. As said above, this is noted and will be investigated (and hopefully fixed) ASAP.