Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[AD&D 1E] update

Edited 1632632468
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
FYI: NEW THREAD (09/2021) continued here: [AD&D 1E] update part 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OLD THREAD BELOW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AD&D 1E Beta campaign 1/12/21':  Link Update Info 1/12/21' - migration to handle renaming all repeating attributes coming soon.  This is done to prevent attribute naming conflicts on the sheet.  Old repeating attribute values will be copied to the new attributes.  Off-sheet macros will need to be updated to the new repeating attribute names.  Custom macro-text must be manually edited or else reset (deleted and allow the sheet to auto-fill with new default macro-text). - more updates planned once the repeating attribute migration has been pushed live. FYI old thread:  [AD&D 1E] update (Beta)  Includes info from past sheet updates. Beta Game for Testing Join the  1e beta game  if you would like test the latest changes.  This game is open to the public.  You can access existing in-game characters and/or import an existing character. (note: import using your character vault.  Make the character(s) have "all players" permissions set prior to export/import so you can control them in the beta game.) Post any bugs comments/suggestions to this thread. Future Suggestions/Ideas for the AD&D 1e sheet These suggestions/ideas are given in no particular order and I make no guarantees if these suggestions can be, or will be, included in future updates.  That said, I always try to do my best at accommodating popular suggestions. ;-) Monster/NPC - Add a simplified "stat block" style NPC/Monster tab is on the list.  Named NPC's would probably still use the PC side of the sheet since they would probably be a little too complex.  I'll probably try and share many of the attributes between the PC page and NPC/Monster page to avoid conflicts with peoples existing "NPC/Monsters" they have already created.  That said, there may be some new attributes needed/added as well.  Won't know for sure until I get into that. QoL -  Add another section for an Animal Companion/Familiar/Mount seems beneficial.  Not sure if it warrants it's own tab/page as well... Thoughts? QoL - Auto-generated Token Abilities; auto creating token abilities  can be done  using class="tokenaction"... but there is no way to make them optional.  Meaning, they get added when you create a character and you cannot remove, reorder, or rename, because they have to be coded into the sheet. They show up for all characters regardless if the sheet is NPC/Monster, a Wizard, or whatever.  I feel forced token actions are more appropriate for someone's personal game/custom sheet.  There are api(pro perk) options as well. Spells - Add a Second Spell Caster section; on the list, but I haven't thought too much about the bets way to implement. Thief - Add racial mod to Thief Skills; Do you see this as adding a Racial mod field simply for reference (which should only be considered when manually entering the skills final value) or including multiple fields (ie base from table + racial mod + misc mod) that auto-calcs as a "Total" used for that skill roll?  What other adjustments/fields might apply? Thief - Assassinations Table;  Normally, I would just say make a percentage roll and consult the table... How do you see this being used on the sheet?  Maybe add an Assassination "table row" w/fields to enter % vs levels 0-18+? So, if an Assassin makes a successful surprise attack, they would then make an Assassination Roll that would, display the assassination row (given a DM may not want to give away the exact hd/lvl of the enemy)?  Too much fluff vs a simple roll % and table lookup? Attacks - Add To-hit vs Armor type to repeating attacks; Truth be told, our group opted not to use the weapon vs armor-type or speed factor rules in combat... (gasp) so I might need a refresher. These adjustments only apply vs a given armor-type (so, no dex adjustment, not sure if shields are factored in either) right?.  Maybe include a "to-hit vs armor-type row" within each repeating weapon-attack that could be used per weapon/attack to adjust the to-hit/thac0 matrix displayed?  But I don't think that actually works since you would need to know the enemy's armor rating (2-10) as well as the Dex reaction mod.  Am I overly-complicating this? How are people currently handling this...? hmm  @Baron posted how he  includes the table info  in each weapon's notes as reference. Saves - Add Racial mod to Saves and Resistance; seems beneficial, but again, do you see this as adding a Racial mod field simply for reference (which should only be considered when manually entering the final save's value) or including multiple fields (ie base from table + racial mod + misc mod) that auto-calcs as a "Total Save" used for that save roll? Initiative - Adding tokens to the tracker when rolling Initiative from the sheet;  Is it safe to assume that adding a linked pc/npc token to the turn tracker automatically from an initiative roll would be acceptable?  I can try and make this a sheet option.  Also, exposing the Init roll should help if anyone wants to handle initiative a certain way. QoL - Add a Notes section/field; self explanatory. QoL - Expose most sheet rolls for editing; this has already been done in many sections (ie macro-text fields).  This should allow for even more roll customizations. Code - Replace table layout in the sheet with flexbox/css-grid; part of conforming to  roll20's best practices . Code/Accessibility - Add localization/translation code; sheet can be used in other languages automatically. QoL - Toggle on/off all non 1e fields; I've wanted to do this for a while since I try to keep that sheet as close to by the book as possible, but I understand there was some cool options that came along soon after the PHB and DMG that are still technically "1e" material. QoL/Design - Add tabs to help navigate/filter sheet sections; pretty hard to build a feature-rich sheet without this... Misc - Wiki sheet guide; basic overview of the sheet by section, roll template info, user macros, etc. Spells - roll template options; add spell options to toggle which items are displayed with the roll. Attacks - Add Weapon Prof checkbox; add weapon prof vs ac and have it included with the attack and/or auto-adjust to-hit table output. QoL - Convert additional fields to textarea; should allow easier editing and line breaks. Design - update sheet fonts; add google fonts and allow users to choose which font to use. Thief - incorporate the backstab field; determine if there is a way to utilize the backstab attribute. Bug - item cost;  item cost isn’t included unless the “carried” box is checked. QoL - add condition/bluff fields; include a method to temp mods and penalties. ie Bless/Curse. QoL - add XP bonus; self explanatory. Design - increase size of damage input fields; should help to see longer macros ie 1d6+1. AC - flat-footed; include a non-Dex AC. AC - additional fields; add additional field(s) for non armor-based bonuses that add to AC. Spells - toggle memorized spells; use a checkbox/button to show only memorized spells. Spells - chat menu spellbook; post a whispered spellbook to chat. Magic Items - expand upon equipment or add a new section to track magic items. Looking to add a way to track item uses (current/max), a roll button, collapsible textbox for longer description and/or macro-text. QoL - increase the width of the HP, AC, and Age fields(attack damage, ...). Spell Bonus. Allows for more input. Import - Add a monster parser to handle importing a properly formatted statblock. Monster - auto generate hp and xp (HD base + hp). Equipment - remove costs or make it optional. Design - add goldenrod as a background-color option.  Old school. ...
I'm here because the sheets in my game are broken as described. Even when I turn off the backgrounds, I still get a "no picture" graphic at the top. Would appreciate whatever you can do. Thanks.
Yep, same.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
On my phone...  This update should fix the issue once the update is live.  What ver./date do you see on your sheets?
sheet ver 1.3 2.23.20
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks.  So that is still the old version.  Roll20 updates on Monday, but it usually isn't live on the servers till Tue/Wed.  Updated code should hit "soon".  ;-)
Thank you, sir!
Everything looks normal again, thanks.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Vince said: Thanks.  So that is still the old version.  Roll20 updates on Monday, but it usually isn't live on the servers till Tue/Wed.  Updated code should hit "soon".  ;-) Roll20 has a submissions Deadline on Mondays, and then process & give change to reply, until changes get merged at some point, which finally goes live on Tue/Wed.
Gold
Forum Champion
Thanks very much, Vince. I'm going to need some help with a Custom Character Sheet, can I ask you about that when I am ready Vince?

Edited 1587016936
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Gold said: Thanks very much, Vince. I'm going to need some help with a Custom Character Sheet, can I ask you about that when I am ready Vince? Absolutely Gold. ;-)

Edited 1588287641
Is this 1e character sheet still getting updates and fixes? I just started running a 1e campaign (actually 1.5 I guess) and have been using it but I've found what I think are a few problems and was wondering if there's a particular place that I should be posting them. Sorry if this is inappropriate. I looked through the message archives regarding this sheet and everything was 2-4 years old except this post.

Edited 1588290486
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Rob, IMO, sheets are never done. ;-) The old thread I created for the sheet has been closed, but this one is as good as any to post suggestions, share info, call out bugs, etc.  I always try and accomodate.

Edited 1588302211
Vince said: Hi Rob, IMO, sheets are never done. ;-) The old thread I created for the sheet has been closed, but this one is as good as any to post suggestions, share info, call out bugs, etc.  I always try and accomodate. Thanks Vince. So here are the issues I'm running into: 1. We're using Non Weapon Proficiencies, which we can enter into that section, but the Attribute drop down lists Strength twice and Charisma not at all. Additionally, unless I'm missing something, it seems like the values entered into Slots and Modifiers are being factored into the die roll incorrectly. Slots seems to modify the roll and Modifiers does not. 2. The sheet seems set up to calculate encumbrance in terms of gold pieces and works fine except in the case of actual coins where it divides the number of coins by 10 to arrive at a weight in pounds rather than just carrying the number of coins directly over. Also, I don't know if there's a way to automatically add the Strength Encumbrance bonus to carrying capacity but if there is, that would be cool. 3. Lastly, and this is just a wishlist item, how hard would it be to add a section for Languages? Right now we're just using the general Notes section. Rob

Edited 1588312835
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Quick story; someone made changes to the sheet a few years back without letting me know or anyone on roll20 for that matter. Not a requirement, but considered in bad taste... These changes added a few things(non-weapon prof, THAC0, Comeliness) that were beyond the scope of the intention of the original sheet which tried to stay as close to AD&D1e as possible.  I had to fix numerous issues but I kept these additions since they could be ignored/hidden if you didn't wish to include them in your game.) Non Weapon Proficiencies:  I probably haven't looked at the non-weapon prof code since it was added...  I see immediately that Strength listed twice is just a text typo and that the last Strength is actually Charisma. (Easy fix) As far as the formula goes; here's what the default macro-text is using Success Amount=[[ ((@{rAttribute})+(@{rSlots}-1)-1d20)cs>1cf<-1 ]] This looks rather convoluted and the modifier is not included in the formula.  Obviously you can edit the macro-text to use whatever formula you need, but we definitely should fix the default macro.  I'm honestly not familiar with how non-weapon proficiencies are supposed to work... Was this something added in Oriental Adventures, Unearthed Arcana?  Can you share something I can use as a reference so we can figure out how this needs to be changed?  Thanks Coin weight: I really didn't consider breaking coins down into tenths of pound since I believe the PHB/DMG has 10 coins=1lb and lbs seem to be the smallest increment for encumbrance/carrying capacities thresholds.  That said, I get that some tables might want to track every tenth of a pound so please tell me a convincing story of when this is relevant and I could easily be convinced to unshackle 10 coins = 1lb. ;-P Strength Encumbrance Bonus: currently you manually enter your carrying capacity thresholds and that includes adding your strength encumbrance bonus if applicable as well.  The problem I have with adding in the bonus at this point in the sheet is that people have already adjusted the carrying capacity attributes and "should" have included any strength bonus as well.  If I automatically adjust those user edited attributes they could get the bonus twice.  Some tables may handle carrying capacities differently as well.  If I recall, the rules on encumbrance and carrying capacity was rather vague and contradictory between the PHB and the DMG.  I thought it safe to leave these fields as manually edited and gave some info in the hover text to help guide input.  Languages:  how the heck did I not include a textarea for languages?  lol  I'll make sure to add a spot for Languages.
Hi Vince, I agree with your conclusions. (And thanks again for the sheet). I actually use the Unearthed Arcana stuff, so I'm grateful for the extra options. Yep, there are things that don't work right, but I've lost track. Maybe Rob has spotted them all. Non-Weapon Proficiencies were introduced for 1st ed AD&D in Oriental Adventures, but that system was replaced with the Dungeoneers Survival Guide (which sort of had a backwards mechanic). The final book, Wilderness Survival Guide, turned the mechanism around so it made sense. That's what I use. It's the final book in the 1st edition series, so I think it's the one you should use. I've PM'd you a summary of how it's supposed to work. Thanks for your help.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks Baron. Lol I just checked and I actually own all three of those books. ;-) I'll have a look at what you've sent  as well and see if I can update the default formula being used on the sheet. I'm sure I could be opening a can of purple worms here, but is it generally accepted to use the final incarnation of non-weapon proficiencies as found in Wilderness Survival Guide?
In my experience, yes. Never knew anyone who wanted to go back.

Edited 1588320236
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
According to the wilderness survival guide; roll 1d20 add any applicable modifiers and adjust by -2 for each slot you have in the skill. Success is any adjusted roll equal to or less than the appropriate ability.  Any unmodified dice roll of 19 or 20 is an automatic failure. Given the way roll20 dice check for critical success/failure, we need to leave the roll unmodified but adjust the threshold.  So instead of lowing the roll, I increased the threshold.  Same=Same, right? So success would be 1d20 <= attribute+modifier+slot  and a failure is 1d20 >= attribute+modifier+slot and finally, I added a comparison that 1d20 >= 18 is an automatic failure. Putting that together, would this work for a non-weapon proficiency check?  Success Amount=[[ 1d20cs<[[ @{rAttribute} + (@{rSlots}*2) + @{rmodifier} ]]cf>[[ { [[@{rAttribute} + (@{rSlots}*2) + @{rmodifier}]],19}kl1 ]] ]] non-weapon proficiency macro-text &{template:general} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtag=Non Weapon Proficiency: @{name}}} {{=@{short_description}}}{{Success Amount=[[ 1d20cs<[[ @{rAttribute} + (@{rSlots}*2) + @{rmodifier} ]]cf>[[ { [[@{rAttribute} + (@{rSlots}*2) + @{rmodifier}]],19}kl1 ]] ]] }}
I can't attest to the accuracy of the rest of it (I'm math and code-challenged), but the "-2 you have for each slot in the skill" is only for skills you improve as you gain levels by purchasing additional slots beyond the initial buy. Otherwise every skill would already have a -2 from the get-go, and that's not correct. Also some skills require 2 slots for that initial purchase, so you can't tie implementing a -2 to the number of slots you have. Maybe that should just be added manually into the Modifier field, or require an additional field to indicate the level of the skill?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks the clarification Baron.  We should be able to adjust for that.  I'll update after work... Cheers
Vince said: Coin weight: I really didn't consider breaking coins down into tenths of pound since I believe the PHB/DMG has 10 coins=1lb and lbs seem to be the smallest increment for encumbrance/carrying capacities thresholds.  That said, I get that some tables might want to track every tenth of a pound so please tell me a convincing story of when this is relevant and I could easily be convinced to unshackle 10 coins = 1lb. ;-P Hi Vince, Thanks for the detailed reply. I totally get what you're saying about the STR modifier for encumbrance being something that you can add manually. That's what we're currently doing. I wouldn't want a change to cause other people problems. As for the question of coins, the problem isn't that 10 coins = 1lb. It's that the sheet calculates all weights in GP (as it should) except for gold pieces themselves (or any coins for that matter). Those are calculated in pounds. Encumbrance is measured in GP, the STR carrying bonus is measured in GP  and therefore, presumably, all weights for armor, weapons and equipment should be entered in GP so that everything matches but if you do that, when you look at the subtotal section, you'll see that the total number of coins has been divided by 10 to display in pounds while everything else is in GP. To fix this problem, we decided to enter everything in pounds (to match coins) but that means dividing the base carrying capacities, the STR bonus and any weapon, armor or equipment weights by 10 so that it's all in pounds. Doing so means that anything that weighs less than 10 gp has to be entered in as a decimal and also results in some weird results in the subtotals where weights are carried out to 5 decimal places for some reason. Thanks for all of your work on the Non Weapon proficiencies. I agree that the existing formula was convoluted and difficult to parse. Your version seems much cleaner. I think you could make things simple by just allowing the players to enter the rank and concomitant modifier/bonus without using a formula to relate the two. That way, whichever version of NWP people want to use (UA, OA, DSG, WSG) it will work fine. As long as the modifier/bonus is subtracted from the d20 roll, that would be enough.
There are no NWP rules in UA...
Fair enough but I think my point still stands. Trying to have the sheet calculate the final modifier is complicated by at least two things. The first is that there are differing rules in OA, DSG and WSG but even if you solve that problem by defaulting to the rules as they are presented in WSG, you still have another problem. Each separate NWP can have a beginning die roll modifier ranging from -2 to +2 or even an NA and, as you pointed out, taking a particular NWP might require 1 or 2 slots. To me, it would be a lot less work to just determine all of that before entering the information on the sheet and then let the NWP die roller adjust the roll accordingly. 

Edited 1588558453
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sorry for not jumping in here sooner, work, life, and other character sheets... ;-) Coin weight vs the world: Thanks for the explanation of the coin vs other encumbrance discrepancy.  I think this was another one of those issues where I wasn't sure how that should be handled since some tables use gp and other's lbs. (don't even mention kgs)  As you mentioned Rob, it may be easiest to not convert the coins 10gp=1lb.  Funny thing is, I just checked my test game that had my last "beta" code and it appears to do just that, not convert the coins.  I wonder if I just forgot to include the update with the live sheet at one time.   I'll get that fixed. NWP check macro: It seems that simply using an aggregated modifier for NWP is probably the most flexible.  Something like; {{Proficiency Check=[[ 1d20 + [[@{rmodifier}]][MOD] + [[?{Additional modifier?|0}]][MOD] ]] vs [[ @{rAttribute}[ATTR] ]]}} Thoughts? EDIT: updated macro since grouped roll do not work correctly with cs and cf.
I'm sorry, my eyes just glaze over. As it is, for each skill entry we should be able to track the number of slots spent on a skill, and the total modifier to the die roll could easily be computed manually and input on the sheet. Then there's a little button to roll, and it references your appropriate stat for the target number. I would leave the available stats completely manual, too. Any more questions than that hurts Grond's brain. Does that help? We don't use the "roll" button now, because it didn't seem to do the calculations right. If it still doesn't make sense to us, we'll just continue to roll a d20 manually and eyeball it. Sorry.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The new macro will still handle all that. The rSlots field will only be used for tracking, so you can enter anything you want.  The rattribute field can also be anything you want (any +/- number value that is). The user decides the value.  In regards to the modifier query; simply hitting enter is the same as ignoring it since it defaults to "0" which won't effect anything for the check.
That sounds perfect to me Vince. Thanks for working that out.

Edited 1588559306
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
 tried to keep the NWP macro fix/update as open and simple as possible.  Here's a visual of what's being used for the NWP sheet roll. Success will have a green border around the result. You can also hover over a result to see the details. I've added a check in the code to try and prevent overwriting any NWP macro-text that someone has altered from the default.  The updated macro-text "should" only replace existing default macro-text and will be the new macro for all new NWP's added. I also added a new "freetext" key to the roll template that allows text to flow across the two columns instead of cramping longer texts into a single column.  Simply add it to your macro-text if desired.  {{freetext=Hello world...}} Don't forget, you can always manually edit your macro-text to customize for however you want to handle a sheet roll.  If you ever want to get back to the default, just delete the macro-text and click in another field and the sheet will auto-populate with the default macro.  This works for any editable macro-text field on the sheet as well. I removed the conversion to lbs on carried coins.  Everything uses gp for weight.  I may add-on a couple fields to show converted gp to lbs or kgs (strictly as a reference) in a future update if that is beneficial?  Added a line below the Carrying Capacity to show the Strength Encumbrance Bonus and a reminder to adjust carrying capacity thresholds if needed.  Added a "Languages" field just under characteristics.  (can't believe I never added that...lol)
Looks great! Thanks a bunch. How long does it take for sheet fixes/updates/changes to typically effect?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
We have to submit our pull requests before Mon-morning to be approved on Mon, then it normally hits the main server Tues/Wed ish...  
Thx Vince, I'm sure this will be a big help.

Edited 1588544088
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Bonus update; The Arron added the ability to set colors to the sheet years ago - include a color property in your roll template-based macros {{color=X}} where X=name of the color (black(default), grey, darkgrey, white, red, darkred, orange, darkorange, yellow, darkyellow, green, darkgreen, blue, darkblue, purple, darkpurple). That was a great addition, but there are probably many users of the sheet that don't even know about that trick...  So, I've added an option to set your roll template color (settings found in the sheet's footer).  The sheet versioning should add "{{color=@{color_option}}}" to all sheet rolls and existing macro-text so all you need to do is pick a color.
Nice!
Regarding the spell section... There are tabs for 1st-9th level spells, but they appear to do nothing. As a the way the dm is playing is that a cleric does not have to memorise specific spells, so I can cast any spells from the specific level up to my quota. I have entered my 1st level spells, but without the tabs opening up for the other spell levels, I am having to tab out of roll20 to where I have PHB and UA opened. Also is it possible to modify the weapon section so that it is more like the 5e sheet allowing to add various effects?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Barry, the spell section doesn't have tabs for spells.  It has a row at the top of the section that's simply used for tracking the number of spells someone has per level.  All spells, regardless of level use the same repeating section.  It's possible I "might" at add tabs to sort the spell list by level which would probably be considered a nice QOL feature.  In regards to the weapon section; can you elaborate on "add various effects?" Thanks
I have a weapon +1/+2 v undead  + holy water damage. at the moment i have added the weapon twice in the list, is there a way that the weapon features can be expanded to incorporate this type of effects
Vince, your changes have rolled in. NWP rolling looks great, thanks again. If I were going to suggest any additions, it would be a mechanism to mark what spells you currently have memorized, and to allow for multiple selections of the same spell. Probably something simple like the "Carried?" checkbox column under Equipment. But how many checkboxes are sufficient? Say I want to memorize/prepare Cure Light Wounds six times? So maybe instead, a field along the left margin where you can simply type in a digit, headed "# Memorized?" It's on my mind since I had an absent player on Sunday, and I couldn't figure out which spells he still had left. What do you think?
Seconded! Thanks Vince.  Baron said: Vince, your changes have rolled in. NWP rolling looks great, thanks again. 
I like Baron's idea for a way to note memorized spells. Also, if you think you want to tackle tabs to organize spells by level, might I request that you add a tab for Cantrips? I'm using them with my group to keep the magic user from feeling worthless. :)
I am just cutting my teeth on Roll20 and participate in a 5e and Hackmaster game. But at heart, I'm a 1st Ed. AD&D guy so thanks for putting a sheet together. I intend to run some games using it soon.  My question is related to the nutty idea of being able to create more "To Hit AC Table" er...tables. Ideally, we could change the name of each table for different weapons and set up manual adjustments to specific armor classes. My players like having bonuses to hit some of the higher armor classes that their weapons give them and it has saved their bacon on a few occasions. Is this something I already have the ability to add in on the Attributes & Abilities tab? My apologies if this is a noob question...I am a noob after all.
Hi Jonathon, the Armor Class adjustments don't have their own fields, but we do it like this. I enter all the weapon notes for each weapon, which includes the AC adjustments. Then when you roll to hit, they're all reproduced right above the To-Hit chart, so it's easy enough to see. Like this:

Edited 1588746659
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Barry T. said: I have a weapon +1/+2 v undead  + holy water damage. at the moment i have added the weapon twice in the list, is there a way that the weapon features can be expanded to incorporate this type of effects I haven't really used the 5e sheet...  So are you wanting extra attack/damage fields on each weapon that you could toggle on/off to be included in addition to the normal attack/damage? Baron said: Vince, your changes have rolled in. NWP rolling looks great, thanks again. If I were going to suggest any additions, it would be a mechanism to mark what spells you currently have memorized, and to allow for multiple selections of the same spell. Probably something simple like the "Carried?" checkbox column under Equipment. But how many checkboxes are sufficient? Say I want to memorize/prepare Cure Light Wounds six times? So maybe instead, a field along the left margin where you can simply type in a digit, headed "# Memorized?" It's on my mind since I had an absent player on Sunday, and I couldn't figure out which spells he still had left. What do you think?I  I'll need to think about how this can be implemented.  Maybe adding "# Memorized" to each spell that is used to auto-calculate the "Current" field for each spell level? Rob S. said: I like Baron's idea for a way to note memorized spells. Also, if you think you want to tackle tabs to organize spells by level, might I request that you add a tab for Cantrips? I'm using them with my group to keep the magic user from feeling worthless. :) Spell tabs plus adding cantrips.  Sounds good. Baron said: Hi Jonathon, the Armor Class adjustments don't have their own fields, but we do it like this. I enter all the weapon notes for each weapon, which includes the AC adjustments. Then when you roll to hit, they're all reproduced right above the To-Hit chart, so it's easy enough to see. Like this: That's a cool trick.  Maybe I can add the editable AC adj attributes to the weapon row and include it with the to-hit table.  "Maybe" even autoadjust the table... Not sure if I can pull that one off.  Maybe. Good suggestions everyone.  It's definitely on my list to update some things.
Maybe adding "# Memorized" to each spell that is used to auto-calculate the "Current" field for each spell level? Look at you, all thinking like a coder and stuff! That's much more than I asked for, but I won't say "no!"
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
No coder's here ;-P
Hey Vince...one thing I've noticed that's really handy on other character sheets (specifically the Forbidden Lands sheet) is a "Monster" tab that let's you use an abbreviated version of the sheet to set up your monsters/npcs. I find it really handy to have a "stat block" type version of the sheet that consolidates all of the most important information in a quick, easy to read format. Would that be something you might be able to add to the AD&D 1e sheet?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm a "little" familiar with the Forbidden Lands sheet. ;-) I think an NPC/Monster tab would be a great addition for the 1e sheet.  
I thought that was the case. :)
nice
Baron  said: Hi Jonathon, the Armor Class adjustments don't have their own fields, but we do it like this. I enter all the weapon notes for each weapon, which includes the AC adjustments. Then when you roll to hit, they're all reproduced right above the To-Hit chart, so it's easy enough to see. Like this: Vince said: That's a cool trick.  Maybe I can add the editable AC adj attributes to the weapon row and include it with the to-hit table.  "Maybe" even autoadjust the table... Not sure if I can pull that one off.  Maybe. Thanks very much for that idea, Baron. I could certainly do that. Vince, if you get around to it, fantastic. The sheet is really slick. Obviously a lot of work. 
Rob S. said: Hey Vince...one thing I've noticed that's really handy on other character sheets (specifically the Forbidden Lands sheet) is a "Monster" tab that let's you use an abbreviated version of the sheet to set up your monsters/npcs. I find it really handy to have a "stat block" type version of the sheet that consolidates all of the most important information in a quick, easy to read format. Would that be something you might be able to add to the AD&D 1e sheet? I actually use the token to store the "stat block" for the monster. I keep a page of monster tokens, with the stat blocks loaded. I copy one from that page and switch to the map that the party is on, then paste in however many of that opponent I need, all with the info in there in case I want to consult a detail.