Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[AD&D 1E] update

I do that too but the token doesn't offer the same amount of information and functionality as having a "character" sheet for each monster with built in weapons/attack roller, special abilities, saving throws, etc. Having a Monster/NPC tab that re-presents the most important information in a quick and easy-to-read view would be even better.
So if the party faces four trolls, you'd use one "monster character sheet" per troll? Or one generic one for all trolls? If one generic one, then it sounds like what you need is a monster manual with attack-rolling buttons, etc, built in. If you're going to make separate "monster character sheets" for each monster in an encounter, you've increased prep time astronomically, haven't you? I'm not saying that you couldn't make use of "monster character sheets." I'm just saying that I wouldn't be willing to put in the extra time to use them. And of course I have no idea how many like-minded individuals might fall on either side. Now, a monster manual that has die-rolling buttons, that you could set up yourself for each individual campaigns with custom monsters and so on, would be worth the investment in prep time, because you'd be able to re-use it. But honestly, I'd prefer a separate, non-R20 program in that case, so my efforts could be utilized regardless of how I game. I don't know that R20 will always be in my future, but I have plenty of stand-alone programs installed on my computer that I picked up along the way.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Named NPC/Monsters should get their own sheet, but "mooks/minions" should be one sheet that's linked to a token using HP, AC, whatever.  Then you unlink HP, AC, and water from the token bars.  Now you simply use copy/paste of the token .  The token bars are not linked to the sheet any longer, but the single sheet can still be used to make attacks.  On my phone... There's instructions for this on Roll20's wiki.
OK, but I still don't see it. I have a DM's screen sitting on my desk. If a monster's d20 roll to hit, or its saving throw, is close enough to matter, I glance at the screen. I don't even use Special Ability roll-buttons for characters, so I don't have any use for monsters to use them either. In any case, if it's helpful for you then that's all that matters. I'll just sit down.
I basically do what Vince described (although I learned the hard way about unlinking HP, AC, etc.). One Character Sheet for each "type" of monster and one for each important NPC/Boss. Basically, over time, I'm building exactly what you described, which is an online monster manual. I just add monsters as I need them so it's not a lot of extra work but over time it gets fleshed out. The reason a monster/npc tab would be nice is because there's a lot on the player's character sheet that isn't needed (encumbrance, NWPs, eye color, etc.). I have both a hard copy of the monster manual and a digital version but I generally find it easier to just pull up the monster's "character" sheet and go from there.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sheet v1.51 update ( pull request submitted ) added cantrips added #mem to each repeating spell added spell tabs to sort by level (big help by GiGs) That's about all I had time for this go around.  More to come...
This will provide great joy to my spellcasters, thank you!
Awesome. Thanks so much Vince!
I am new to Character sheets and am looking into character sheets in the current game I am running (but not DMing) As a Plus player, am I able to use this sheet? Can I use it in an existing campaign? Is this part of a module I need to buy or can I buy the sheet?  Thanks in advance.  Please yell at me if I have posted in the wrong topic.
Whoever set up the game you're playing in gets to select a character sheet for his game. It's under settings. There is no cost. They can be added to an existing game. They're not part of any module.
Vince said: Named NPC/Monsters should get their own sheet, but "mooks/minions" should be one sheet that's linked to a token using HP, AC, whatever.  Then you unlink HP, AC, and water from the token bars.  Now you simply use copy/paste of the token .  The token bars are not linked to the sheet any longer, but the single sheet can still be used to make attacks.  On my phone... There's instructions for this on Roll20's wiki. Hello Vince, I am very new to character sheets.  I hope I am not out of line in wondering if it is possible to use yours?  If so, how?  Baron has helped me figure out where custom sheets are.  I see tabs for HTML and CSS, but my HTML skills are pre-CSS, i.e. 1990s.  Please let me know, thanks in advance.

Edited 1589340406
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Tim, while you can copy and paste the sheet's code from roll20's repository on github for a custom game, it's usually not necessary to do so.  You can create a new game on roll20 and simply choose the "Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Advanced 1st Edition" sheet from the character sheet template dropdown selector.  The advantage for using sheet from roll20's available list is that your game will automatically get any updates that are made to the sheet. Sheet updates(if there are any...) are submitted on Monday and usually can be seen by Tues/Wed. That said, Pro users might prefer to use a custom sheet so that they can edit a sheet's code to fit their own needs, use a sheet that isn't on the roll20 list, get sheet features ahead of a future update, or perhaps to "freeze" a sheet's code until they wish to update at a later date.  All are viable options.  If you want to use a custom game, simply copy and paste the latest html  and css  into the appropriate tab on the games settings page.

Edited 1589400469
Thank you.  Wish I knew that before I created the game.  Inaccessible now.  I only went from Plus to Pro because I thought about doing it and pressed cancel on Paypal, but it went through anyway.  Waste of money as far as my skills go. Oh well. All the best.

Edited 1589404564
Tim M. said:  Thank you.  Wish I knew that before I created the game.  Inaccessible now.  I only went from Plus to Pro because I thought about doing it and pressed cancel on Paypal, but it went through anyway.  Waste of money as far as my skills go. No it's not. If you've already created a game, go to the game settings, scroll down and select the character sheet there. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Tim M. said: Thank you.&nbsp; Wish I knew that before I created the game.&nbsp; Inaccessible now.&nbsp; I only went from Plus to Pro because I thought about doing it and pressed cancel on Paypal, but it went through anyway.&nbsp; Waste of money as far as my skills go. Oh well. All the best. Pro users have lots of great features for GM's (API scripts, custom sheets, transmogrifier, etc.) Money well spent in my opinion.&nbsp; That said, I'm sure you can send roll20 an email ( <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> ) and explain your plight.&nbsp; They'll probably be happy to adjust your account and refund your gold. ;-)&nbsp; Good luck.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Tim M. said: Thank you.&nbsp; Wish I knew that before I created the game.&nbsp; Inaccessible now.&nbsp; I only went from Plus to Pro because I thought about doing it and pressed cancel on Paypal, but it went through anyway.&nbsp; Waste of money as far as my skills go. Oh well. All the best. Roll20 are really &nbsp;good at handling their subscribers money. Contact them, tell them you subscribed by mistake, that you thought you needed a higher level than free, and I'm pretty certain they will refund you with no hassle.
GiGs said: Roll20 are really &nbsp;good at handling their subscribers money. Contact them, tell them you subscribed by mistake, that you thought you needed a higher level than free, and I'm pretty certain they will refund you with no hassle. Vince said: . Pro users have lots of great features for GM's (API scripts, custom sheets, transmogrifier, etc.) Money well spent in my opinion.&nbsp; That said, I'm sure you can send roll20 an email ( <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> ) and explain your plight.&nbsp; They'll probably be happy to adjust your account and refund your gold. ;-) Thanks Gigs and Vince, I think the roll20 folks have provided such a wonderful platform, that - after finishing my sulking - I don't begrudge them the support.&nbsp; I will probably later look into APIs - I did some work using and modifying APIs in MS Office VBA in my former work - and other features. Thank you again for your help.
Rob S. said: Tim M. said:&nbsp; Thank you.&nbsp; Wish I knew that before I created the game.&nbsp; Inaccessible now.&nbsp; I only went from Plus to Pro because I thought about doing it and pressed cancel on Paypal, but it went through anyway.&nbsp; Waste of money as far as my skills go. No it's not. If you've already created a game, go to the game settings, scroll down and select the character sheet there.&nbsp; Ah, perfect, you are right.&nbsp; Thanks so much.&nbsp;
Vince said: Coin weight: I really didn't consider breaking coins down into tenths of pound since I believe the PHB/DMG has 10 coins=1lb and lbs seem to be the smallest increment for encumbrance/carrying capacities thresholds.&nbsp; That said, I get that some tables might want to track every tenth of a pound so please tell me a convincing story of when this is relevant and I could easily be convinced to unshackle 10 coins = 1lb. ;-P Hi Vince, thanks for making and maintaining the sheet.&nbsp; Apologies for the layman's question, I have no idea how involved it would be but is it possible to offer a setting that allows the GM to choose between the 1e and 2e encumbrance of coins? I run a 1e game using your sheet, for the sake of convenience we adopted (what I think is) the 2e rule that 50 coins = 1 pound, instead of the 1e standard of 10 coins = 1 pound.&nbsp; I appreciate the change and that the sheet is now true to the 1e game and I certainly don't care to see you compromise that just to accommodate the only person who bothered to weigh in. But since the sheet does have other 2e elements, perhaps the option for coin weight, if it's not an unreasonable ask, would be helpful. Thanks Joe&nbsp;
Out of curiosity, what are the 2nd ed elements you see? Other than THAC0, which I've heard originated in the 1st ed period but I never heard of until 2nd?
You're right, there really are only 1e elements.&nbsp; My game doesn't use nonweapon proficiencies, so I kind of casually regard that as the 2e portion of the sheet.

Edited 1589571849
Oh my goodness.&nbsp; Excuse my stupid comment, but this thread/topic is about the character sheet available in roll20.&nbsp; I thought it was something separate. Anyway, the players and DM for the game I created are really liking it, so thank you to Vince for your efforts in this. Oh dear.&nbsp; Derp.&nbsp; :)
Joe K. said: You're right, there really are only 1e elements.&nbsp; My game doesn't use nonweapon proficiencies, so I kind of casually regard that as the 2e portion of the sheet. Hi Joe K, I think it's fair to say that the character sheet is basically an AD&amp;D 1.5e sheet. It includes NWPs, Comeliness and THACO so it's definitely more than a 1e sheet. If I'm not mistaken, Vince mentioned that those elements were added to the sheet by someone who did so without letting anybody know they were doing it, so he never really paid much attention to them. If I got that wrong, apologies to Vince.&nbsp; As to GP/Encumbrance issue, since all weights are calculated in GP now (thanks Vince!) and not pounds, you should be able to simply adjust the Carrying Capacity section to represent that coins in your game weigh 1/5 of what they do in 1e. In other words, a character's Carrying Capacity should be 5X greater in a 2e game.That is, unless I'm misunderstanding your issue... Rob
Hi Rob Thanks.&nbsp; Unfortunately I track encumbrance for everything, not just coins.&nbsp; I could make it work that way but I'd have to multiply PC capacity by 5 and also multiply the weight of everything except coins to make it right. I'll probably just switch to the rule as written.
Joe K. said: Hi Rob Thanks.&nbsp; Unfortunately I track encumbrance for everything, not just coins.&nbsp; I could make it work that way but I'd have to multiply PC capacity by 5 and also multiply the weight of everything except coins to make it right. I'll probably just switch to the rule as written. It sounds to me like you've already recorded all of the weights in lbs. Vince just normalized the encumbrance calculations on the 1e sheet so that ALL of the weights on the character sheet can (and should) be recorded in GP equivalents (since that's how Carrying Capacity and the STR carrying bonus is calculate/measured in 1e). So yeah, if your sheet is already in pounds, you'd have to switch to GP equivalents to make it work. I didn't realize that 2e changed the weight of individual coins AND switched to measuring in pounds.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The sheet definitely started off as 1e, RAW.&nbsp; A few features on the sheet have been added for mechanics found within books outside of the 1st edition PHB/DMG.&nbsp; Rob is correct that these additions were added to the sheet without my prior knowledge/input and without at least consulting the forums...&nbsp; In the end the general consensus was that some people liked that additions.&nbsp; All's good in the end. I feel that as long as these changes are still considered 1e ( <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_%26_Dragons_rulebooks#Advanced_Dungeons_&amp;_Dragons" rel="nofollow">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Dungeons_%26_Dragons_rulebooks#Advanced_Dungeons_&amp;_Dragons</a> ) and are strictly optional, it's probably fine to include them.&nbsp; Sidenote: many would argue (myself included) that although THAC0 was first mentioned in the 1e DMG, THAC0 as the world knows it, was not added until 2e.&nbsp; I'm not willing to die on that hill and as much as I love looking up numbers on the combat tables, many, many, people simply use THAC0.&nbsp; Kept it and it's optional. ;-P Once I revamp the sheet, I'll probably include options in settings to hide/show these features depending on how your table plays.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Vince said: &nbsp;THAC0 as the world knows it, was not added until 2e.&nbsp; I'm not willing to die on that hill and as much as I love looking up numbers on the combat tables, many, many, people simply use THAC0. Why does THAC0 have numbers for each armour class?&nbsp; Doesn't that make it the same as a to hit table?&nbsp; I've only ever played 1e without UA, but my son bought 2e in the 90s or early 2000s (can't recall).&nbsp; I thought it was just a number to hit AC 0?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The To-Hit tables in the DMG don't seem to follow a predictable mathematical pattern throughout the entire matrix so you basically must consult the table to determine the hit threshold.&nbsp; THAC0 on the other hand is purely mathematical and predictable (subtract your modified roll from your THAC0 and that's the best AC you can successfully hit). IMO, the only reason to show it in graphical form is for mathematical convenience.
Hi Vince. I was wondering if you were still considering adding a Monster/NPC tab to the AD&amp;D 1e sheet and I had another idea: do you think it be possible to add a Turn Undead section? Maybe just a die roller and pop-up chart similar to the To-Hit/THACO where the player could enter the values for Level vs. HD?

Edited 1590121455
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Rob S. said: Hi Vince. I was wondering if you were still considering adding a Monster/NPC tab to the AD&amp;D 1e sheet and I had another idea: do you think it be possible to add a Turn Undead section? Maybe just a die roller and pop-up chart similar to the To-Hit/THACO where the player could enter the values for Level vs. HD? Adding an NPC/Monster tab is on my list... It's been a while since I looked at a method for handling turn undead. I'll revisit the mechanic and see how best it can be implemented.&nbsp; In the meantime, I did create a Turn Undead macro a few year back that might help. Since this macro has a nested query, there are special character substitutions included.&nbsp; Once you create your macro in-game, DO NOT open it to edit/view the macro in roll20 since the VTT will convert the special characters which will break the macro.&nbsp;&nbsp; &amp;{template:general} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subtag=Turn Undead}} {{?{Cleric Level?|1st Level, ?{Turn Undead&amp;#124;Skeleton (10)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;10cf&lt;10]] vs Skeleton (10)&amp;#124;Zombie (13)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;13cf&lt;13]] vs Zombie (13)&amp;#124;Ghoul (16)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;16cf&lt;16]] vs Ghoul (16)&amp;#124;Shadow (19)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;19cf&lt;19]] vs Shadow (19)&amp;#124;Wight (20)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;20cf&lt;20]] vs Wight (20)&amp;#124;Ghast (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Wraith (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Mummy (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Spectre (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Vampire (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Ghost (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Lich (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Special (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;&amp;#125;|2nd Level, ?{Turn Undead&amp;#124;Skeleton (7)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;7cf&lt;7]] vs Skeleton (7)&amp;#124;Zombie (10)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;10cf&lt;10]] vs Zombie (10)&amp;#124;Ghoul (13)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;13cf&lt;13]] vs Ghoul (13)&amp;#124;Shadow (16)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;16cf&lt;16]] vs Shadow (16)&amp;#124;Wight (19)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;19cf&lt;19]] vs Wight (19)&amp;#124;Ghast (20)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;20cf&lt;20]] vs Ghast (20)&amp;#124;Wraith (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Mummy (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Spectre (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Vampire (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Ghost (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Lich (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Special (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;&amp;#125;|3rd Level, ?{Turn Undead&amp;#124;Skeleton (4)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;4cf&lt;4]] vs Skeleton (4)&amp;#124;Zombie (7)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;7cf&lt;7]] vs Zombie (7)&amp;#124;Ghoul (10)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;10cf&lt;10]] vs Ghoul (10)&amp;#124;Shadow (13)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;13cf&lt;13]] vs Shadow (13)&amp;#124;Wight (16)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;16cf&lt;16]] vs Wight (16)&amp;#124;Ghast (19)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;19cf&lt;19]] vs Ghast (19)&amp;#124;Wraith (20)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;20cf&lt;20]] vs Wraith (20)&amp;#124;Mummy (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Spectre (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Vampire (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Ghost (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Lich (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Special (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;&amp;#125;|4th Level, ?{Turn Undead&amp;#124;Skeleton (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Skeleton&amp;#124;Zombie (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Zombie&amp;#124;Ghoul (4)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;4cf&lt;4]] vs Ghoul (4)&amp;#124;Shadow (7)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;7cf&lt;7]] vs Shadow (7)&amp;#124;Wight (10)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;10cf&lt;10]] vs Wight (10)&amp;#124;Ghast (13)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;13cf&lt;13]] vs Ghast (13)&amp;#124;Wraith (16)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;16cf&lt;16]] vs Wraith (16)&amp;#124;Mummy (20)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;20cf&lt;20]] vs Mummy (20)&amp;#124;Spectre (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Vampire (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Ghost (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Lich (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Special (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;&amp;#125;|5th Level, ?{Turn Undead&amp;#124;Skeleton (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Skeleton&amp;#124;Zombie (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Zombie&amp;#124;Ghoul (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Ghoul&amp;#124;Shadow (4)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;4cf&lt;4]] vs Shadow (4)&amp;#124;Wight (7)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;7cf&lt;7]] vs Wight (7)&amp;#124;Ghast (10)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;10cf&lt;10]] vs Ghast (10)&amp;#124;Wraith (13)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;13cf&lt;13]] vs Wraith (13)&amp;#124;Mummy (16)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;16cf&lt;16]] vs Mummy (16)&amp;#124;Spectre (20)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;20cf&lt;20]] vs Spectre (20)&amp;#124;Vampire (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Ghost (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Lich (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Special (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;&amp;#125;|6th Level, ?{Turn Undead&amp;#124;Skeleton (D)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED Skeleton&amp;#124;Zombie (D)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED Zombie&amp;#124;Ghoul (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Ghoul&amp;#124;Shadow (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Shadow&amp;#124;Wight (4)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;4cf&lt;4]] vs Wight (4)&amp;#124;Ghast (7)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;7cf&lt;7]] vs Ghast (7)&amp;#124;Wraith (10)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;10cf&lt;10]] vs Wraith (10)&amp;#124;Mummy (13)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;13cf&lt;23]] vs Mummy (13)&amp;#124;Spectre (16)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;16cf&lt;16]] vs Spectre (16)&amp;#124;Vampire (20)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;20cf&lt;20]] vs Vampire (20)&amp;#124;Ghost (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Lich (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Special (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;&amp;#125;|7th Level, ?{Turn Undead&amp;#124;Skeleton (D)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED Skeleton&amp;#124;Zombie (D)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED Zombie&amp;#124;Ghoul (D)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED Ghoul&amp;#124;Shadow (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Shadow&amp;#124;Wight (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Wight&amp;#124;Ghast (4)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;4cf&lt;4]] vs Ghast (4)&amp;#124;Wraith (7)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;7cf&lt;7]] vs Wraith (7)&amp;#124;Mummy (10)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;10cf&lt;10]] vs Mummy (10)&amp;#124;Spectre (13)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;13cf&lt;13]] vs Spectre (13)&amp;#124;Vampire (16)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;16cf&lt;16]] vs Vampire (16)&amp;#124;Ghost (20)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;20cf&lt;20]] vs Ghost (20)&amp;#124;Lich (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;Special (-)&amp;#44; Not Possible&amp;#124;&amp;#125;|8th Level, ?{Turn Undead&amp;#124;Skeleton (D&amp;#8727;)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED&amp;#8727; Skeleton&amp;#124;Zombie (D)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED Zombie&amp;#124;Ghoul (D)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED Ghoul&amp;#124;Shadow (D)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED Shadow&amp;#124;Wight (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Wight&amp;#124;Ghast (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Ghast&amp;#124;Wraith (4)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;4cf&lt;4]] vs Wraith (4)&amp;#124;Mummy (7)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;7cf&lt;7]] vs Mummy (7)&amp;#124;Spectre (10)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;10cf&lt;10]] vs Spectre (10)&amp;#124;Vampire (13)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;13cf&lt;13]] vs Vampire (13)&amp;#124;Ghost (16)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;16cf&lt;16]] vs Ghost (16)&amp;#124;Lich (19)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;19cf&lt;19]] vs Lich (19)&amp;#124;Special (20&amp;#8727;&amp;#8727;)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;20cf&lt;20]] vs Special&amp;#8727;&amp;#8727; (20)&amp;#124;&amp;#125;|9th-13th Level, ?{Turn Undead&amp;#124;Skeleton (D&amp;#8727;)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED&amp;#8727; Skeleton&amp;#124;Zombie (D&amp;#8727;)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED&amp;#8727; Zombie&amp;#124;Ghoul (D)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED Ghoul&amp;#124;Shadow (D)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED Shadow&amp;#124;Wight (D)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED Wight&amp;#124;Ghast (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Ghast&amp;#124;Wraith (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Wraith&amp;#124;Mummy (4)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;4cf&lt;4]] vs Mummy (4)&amp;#124;Spectre (7)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;7cf&lt;7]] vs Spectre (7)&amp;#124;Vampire (10)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;10cf&lt;10]] vs Vampire (10)&amp;#124;Ghost (13)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;13cf&lt;13]] vs Ghost (13)&amp;#124;Lich (16)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;16cf&lt;16]] vs Lich (16)&amp;#124;Special (19&amp;#8727;&amp;#8727;)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;19cf&lt;19]] vs Special&amp;#8727;&amp;#8727; (19)&amp;#124;&amp;#125;|14th+ Level, ?{Turn Undead&amp;#124;Skeleton (D&amp;#8727;)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED&amp;#8727; Skeleton&amp;#124;Zombie (D&amp;#8727;)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED&amp;#8727; Zombie&amp;#124;Ghoul (D&amp;#8727;)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED&amp;#8727; Ghoul&amp;#124;Shadow (D&amp;#8727;)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED&amp;#8727; Shadow&amp;#124;Wight (D)&amp;#44; DESTROYED/DAMNED Wight&amp;#124;Ghast (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Ghast&amp;#124;Wraith (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Wraith&amp;#124;Mummy (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Mummy&amp;#124;Spectre (T)&amp;#44; TURNED Spectre&amp;#124;Vampire (4)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;4cf&lt;4]] vs Vampire (4)&amp;#124;Ghost (7)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;7cf&lt;7]] vs Ghost (7)&amp;#124;Lich (10)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;10cf&lt;10]] vs Lich (10)&amp;#124;Special (13&amp;#8727;&amp;#8727;)&amp;#44; [[1d20cs&gt;13cf&lt;13]] vs Special&amp;#8727;&amp;#8727; (13)&amp;#124;&amp;#125;} }} {{#Turned 1-12 = [[1d12]]}} {{#Turned 7-12&amp;#8727; = [[1d6+6]]}} {{#Turned 1-2&amp;#8727;&amp;#8727; = [[1d2]]}} {{Rounds Turned = [[3d4]]}} I recommend saving the macro in a file offline in case you accidentally break it or wish to make edits.&nbsp; Another option: you can avoid the character conversion issues with nested queries by using a macro-character to store you macros.&nbsp; More info: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5924364/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/5924364/</a>
Hi Vince. I've noticed on the AD&amp;D 1e sheet that, while there's supposed to be an ability to re-order some of the sections like weapons, equipment, special abilities, etc. by clicking on the Modify button, it doesn't actually work (or I'm doing it wrong). The delete button works fine but moving an item up or down in the list doesn't. Is there anything you can do to fix that? If I'm just doing it wrong, maybe you could give me a suggestion of how to make it work? Rob
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Rob S. said: Hi Vince. I've noticed on the AD&amp;D 1e sheet that, while there's supposed to be an ability to re-order some of the sections like weapons, equipment, special abilities, etc. by clicking on the Modify button, it doesn't actually work (or I'm doing it wrong). The delete button works fine but moving an item up or down in the list doesn't. Is there anything you can do to fix that? If I'm just doing it wrong, maybe you could give me a suggestion of how to make it work? Rob Do you have the sheet popped out in its own window?&nbsp; Various functions quit working (or don't work reliably) when popped out, and I think the reordering is one of them.&nbsp; It needs to still be embedded in the VTT for that to work correctly.
Wow, that's crazy. Shouldn't the Orr team address that?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm not sure they can.&nbsp; I think it is a browser limitation.&nbsp; You take something out of the window all the background scripts are running on, and some of them can't function.&nbsp; Like the nearly daily posts from people that can't get the charactermancer or compendium drag/drop (for games that have those things) to work when the sheet is popped out.
You're making a great argument for not having a "pop-out" function at all, then. Why enable such a thing if it wreaks havoc with the code? Now I'll have to warn all my players in all my games to disable the "pop-out" function.
Do you have the sheet popped out in its own window?&nbsp; Various functions quit working (or don't work reliably) when popped out, and I think the reordering is one of them.&nbsp; It needs to still be embedded in the VTT for that to work correctly. Hi Kraynic. That totally solved the problem. Thanks!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Baron said: You're making a great argument for not having a "pop-out" function at all, then. Why enable such a thing if it wreaks havoc with the code? Now I'll have to warn all my players in all my games to disable the "pop-out" function. Because you can still use it for most things, and having it popped out can be a convenience when you know the limitations. The real problem is the limitations arent made clear. At least, people using popped out sheets often aren't aware of the limitations, and that's on roll20 for not having the interface inform users of this.

Edited 1591219424
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
GiGs said: Baron said: You're making a great argument for not having a "pop-out" function at all, then. Why enable such a thing if it wreaks havoc with the code? Now I'll have to warn all my players in all my games to disable the "pop-out" function. Because you can still use it for most things, and having it popped out can be a convenience when you know the limitations. The real problem is the limitations arent made clear. At least, people using popped out sheets often aren't aware of the limitations, and that's on roll20 for not having the interface inform users of this. This is exactly how I feel about the popout feature. ;-(&nbsp; There are many small issues like "popout limitations" that probably stem directly from operating roll20 within a browser vs a self-contained application.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Just a reminder that the community-drive documentation on having sheet popped out and it's limitations is here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet#Character_Sheet_in_a_separate_window" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Character_Sheet#Character_Sheet_in_a_separate_window</a>
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oh yes, I knew the wiki covered it. My point is that users shouldnt need to go to the wiki to learn that. That information should be exposed on the interface while playing in the campaign, if only as a popup information tab the first time you pop out a sheet.
And are there potentially additional problems with some user-created sheets, depending on their functions?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Baron said: You're making a great argument for not having a "pop-out" function at all, then. Why enable such a thing if it wreaks havoc with the code? Now I'll have to warn all my players in all my games to disable the "pop-out" function. As a player, I pop my sheet out all the time.&nbsp; I don't have it set to automatically pop out though.&nbsp; That way I can edit anything I desire when first opened in the VTT, then can pop it out so I can have it open, but taking up no map space.&nbsp; Even with limited functionality, I think it is nice to have. When running a game, I never pop a character sheet out.&nbsp; On the other hand, that is mostly because my pro subscription and liberal use of GiGs' Universal Chat Menu script allow me to mostly run without opening sheets at all.&nbsp; I often have a number of handouts open, but those are minimized and kept in the corners of the map/screen until needed.&nbsp; If I had to run without the api, I'm not sure whether I would minimize or pop out sheets for combat.&nbsp; I expect there are arguments for either one, so it is still something that can be quite useful even with some of the functions being limited.
Funny, I don't see a way to minimize a handout without having it popped out first.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Double click on the header of a handout or character and it will minimize it to a small rectangle on the VTT.&nbsp; It will be slightly transparent as well.&nbsp; You can double click it to bring it back up.&nbsp; If you decide you don't need it anymore, there is an "X" at the right end of it to simply close it without opening it back up.
Baron said: Funny, I don't see a way to minimize a handout without having it popped out first. It's not obvious, but if you double-click the white space along the top of a sheet or handout on the VTT, it will "minimize" to a translucent white rectangle.
Cute, I didn't know that. Thanks.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I used to dual monitor and having sheets on one and map on the other was very handy.&nbsp; Now I just use a single larger screen and make liberal use of the handout/character journal minimize trick mentioned above.
Hi Vince. I thought of another addition to the 1e sheet that would be cool. How about a section for the character's mount? I've got a cavalier in my game and it would be cool if he could detail his mount, what it's carrying, barding, speed, etc. Just a thought.
Hi Vince, just wanted to say that I used the Turn Undead macro you posted, and it looks like it's working fine. Thanks!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Baron said: Hi Vince, just wanted to say that I used the Turn Undead macro you posted, and it looks like it's working fine. Thanks! Glad that works for you.&nbsp; If you can improve upon it, please do and post back.