Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[AD&D 1E] update

vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Rob S. said: Hi Vince. I thought of another addition to the 1e sheet that would be cool. How about a section for the character's mount? I've got a cavalier in my game and it would be cool if he could detail his mount, what it's carrying, barding, speed, etc. Just a thought. Deciding what to include on a sheet is always a challenge... Including a section for mounts sounds like a good addition.
Vince said: Deciding what to include on a sheet is always a challenge... Including a section for mounts sounds like a good addition. That would be great. Also, I implemented the Turn Undead macro you created and it works great. My players are all still first and second level so I tweaked it a bit to only show information relevant to them but it works well. Thanks!

Edited 1592948350
I hope this is the correct place to ask a question about this wonderful character sheet that our group has been using.  Presently it's clear that when the to hit roll is made (button circled in red in screen shot) the associated macros take into account the various bonuses (highlighted) as can be seen in the pop-up on the chat window (circled in red).  I wish that the actual result could be listed instead of just 0. I am wondering if there is something I need to do in order to get the weapon roll results to show in the chat window?  I've looked in the attributes tab to see if there is anything I can turn on, but I'm not sure it's there. Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Don't put the "+" sign in those fields. Just "2" and "1" instead of "+2" and "+1". That's your problem.
Oh Jeez, I'm excited now, that was indeed my problem.  LOL Thank you so much!!! I'm not the DM - I've created this for an old friend who is not good with software or web stuff.  If I was the DM, I'd create a god named after you in your honour.  Yeah, OK, maybe I'm getting silly.. Fantastic! All the very best. Baron said: Don't put the "+" sign in those fields. Just "2" and "1" instead of "+2" and "+1". That's your problem.
Hey Vince, So in my weekly Forbidden Lands game I play in, I raised the issue that I wish there was a way to have a player accessible "Notes" sheet in Roll20 for keeping notes, keeping track of group treasure to be dispersed, etc. I've seen other discussions where this has been talked about but I haven't found any solutions. The only thing we came up with was the idea of just creating a new character called "Party" (or whatever), giving all the players access, and using the Bio section for notes and the equipment section for treasure. This is hardly an elegant solution but it will work. Then I remembered that you and I had talked about adding a Monster/NPC tab to the AD&D 1e character sheet to simplify it for uses other than PCs. I'm wondering if you've got any ideas on how something like that might also be done to create a "Party" tab that basically just shows equipment, wealth and a notes section?

Edited 1593108784
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I would think party notes, treasure, etc. are perfect for a handout controlled by all players.  At least, that's what our group does.
What I do is create a shared doc on Google Docs, one that gives anyone with the link the rights to edit. Then I create a handout in Roll20 that only contains the link. That way, everyone has access to a group document, they don't have to worry about losing the link, and they can all keep it open simultaneously during games.
Vince said: I would think party notes, treasure, etc. are perfect for a handout controlled by all players.  At least, that's what our group does. That was my first thought but I wasn't thrilled that there's basically just the Description and Notes section for them to dump everything into. What I like about using the character sheet is that it separates wealth, equipment (with encumbrance for both) and the notes section. I'll give your method a shot and see how it goes. Thanks!
Baron said: What I do is create a shared doc on Google Docs, one that gives anyone with the link the rights to edit. Then I create a handout in Roll20 that only contains the link. That way, everyone has access to a group document, they don't have to worry about losing the link, and they can all keep it open simultaneously during games. I like that this method allows for more customization in terms of how things are presented. Maybe I'll give this a try. Thanks!
Is this the place to ask about whether it's OK to modify the macro text for weapons so that it only rolls to hit?  And is it possible able to add an extra die roll button for damage?  Our guys would prefer rolling to hit and then rolling for damage if hit. :)  Or can I add some script to bring up a text chat button to roll for damage (large or small/normal) to the macro? The first part is easy and requires just some creative select and cutting, i.e. from: &{template:attacks} {{color=@{color_option}}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtag=@{WeaponName}}} {{attack1=[[1d20 + @{ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD]) ]]}} {{damage1vsSM=[[@{DamageSmallMedium} + @{AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{damage1vsL=[[@{DamageLarge} + @{AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{WeaponNotes=@{WeaponNotes}}} @{whisper_to-hit} Which results in: to: &{template:attacks} {{color=@{color_option}}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtag=@{WeaponName}}} {{attack1=[[1d20 + @{ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD]) ]]}} @{whisper_to-hit} The above, which is for a different weapon entry, just gives: It would be wonderful to include a roll template which has buttons for versus L and versus N/S, following. I'm not asking Vince to do this, I'm just curious if I can just paste in a roll template command after the whisper to the GM.    I'm very new to roll templates and have a number of character macros using them, but I'm not sure how I would add the script I have to this one. Thanks in advance for any guidance or caution.

Edited 1593213138
If I understand your question correctly, you can simply override the built in rolling script for each weapon and paste your own script in to remove the damage roll. I do that for the spells to provide more spell details and, in particular, where a spell requires additional die rolls. By that, I mean each weapon’s “Macro-Text” field is modifiable on a character-by-character basis without having to change the master character sheet.

Edited 1593227184
Rob S. said: If I understand your question correctly, you can simply override the built in rolling script for each weapon and paste your own script in to remove the damage roll. I do that for the spells to provide more spell details and, in particular, where a spell requires additional die rolls. Thanks Rob.  That's what I was hoping to do.  Perfect! EDIT: Turns out I don't need to do this. I was using 2-8 in damage fields instead of 2d4, for example.  Did not notice that "2-8" was being read as 2 minus 8 until a bit of messing around while we were playing - we were playing when I wrote my question and first replied to Rob (not Ron as I had originally written).  Turning it to the proper format solves the issue the players did not like which was no 3 dimensional roll occurring. So thanks very much to Ron, but one can ignore my initial issue.  Nonetheless, I can take advantage of Ron's advice when we get around to incorporating spells.  Sorry for the static. :)

Edited 1593239026
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
If you would rather roll damage after your hit was successful, you can swap the default macro-text with this macro; &{template:attacks} {{color=@{color_option}}}   {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtag=@{WeaponName}}} {{attack1=[[1d20 + @{ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD]) ]]}} {{[Damage vs S/M](!
 Damage vs S/M=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_DamageSmallMedium} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]) [Damage vs L](!
 Damage vs L=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_DamageLarge} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]])}} {{WeaponNotes=@{WeaponNotes}}} @{whisper_to-hit} You just click the appropriate button from chat. A few things to keep in mind; since this macro uses API Command buttons (FYI: API command buttons DO NOT actually require the use of an API script) the attribute calls will happen from the chat window and thus require the use of "selected|repeating_weapon_$0_..." for attribute calls as well as certain special character substitutions within the maco being executed from the API command button.  The "$0" needs to match the weapon's row.  Repeating rows start with "0", so your first attack will be "$0" while a 4th weapon/attack would be "$3".  So you would need to adjust each weapon's macro-text accordingly.  The damage rolls are displayed outside of the roll template, so no template formatting. Rolling damage separately could possibly be an option in a future update.  I'm in the process(with LOTS of sheetworker help from GiGs) of fixing many attributes on the sheet (duplicate attribute names, mixed case, inconsistent name schema, etc.) as a precursor to upgrading the sheet.  Nothing crazy.  I still want to keep it simple and easy to use, but it could benefit from some features that have been introduced since it's inception... Hope this helps.
Vince said: If you would rather roll damage after your hit was successful, you can swap the default macro-text with this macro; &{template:attacks} {{color=@{color_option}}}   {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtag=@{WeaponName}}} {{attack1=[[1d20 + @{ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD]) ]]}} {{[Damage vs S/M](!
 Damage vs S/M=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_DamageSmallMedium} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]) [Damage vs L](!
 Damage vs L=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_DamageLarge} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]])}} {{WeaponNotes=@{WeaponNotes}}} @{whisper_to-hit} This helps immensely, thank you so much.  Enumerating the rows seems to be very much doing the same with an MS VBA list or combo box.  I will just need to caution the players not to move around their weapons in the weapon section without having me check things first. I also note that the character token - needs to be selected when rolling for damage. :) Your response is very much appreciated, thanks so much for all the work you've done on this sheet. All the best.
Also using your turn undead macro. Love it!
Vince, any plans on adding an NPC sheet?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Erik O. said: Vince, any plans on adding an NPC sheet? Yes, but... going through a medical issue in our family currently, so my roll20 time has taken a backseat for the time being. I do have plans for the sheet and I've already done some important attribute changes(LOTS of help from GiGs) under the hood to address some potential issues that could crop up when adding more advanced features to the sheet.  I'll make those changes available in a test game first to workout any bugs.  Once these boring updates to the underpinnings are good to go, I'll continue with adding more features like an NPC/Monster tab.  Stay tuned. ;-)
Sorry to hear about the medical issue, and wishing your family the best possible outcome.

Edited 1598473914
Kruc
Pro
We set it up to show what Armor class you hit when you roll.  &{template:attacks} {{color=@{color_option}}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtag=@{WeaponName}}} {{AC Hit=[[@{THAC00}-(1d20 + @{ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD])) ]]}} {{damage vs S/M=[[@{DamageSmallMedium} + @{AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{damage vs L=[[@{DamageLarge} + @{AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{WeaponNotes=@{WeaponNotes}}} @{whisper_to-hit} You just would have to adjust THACO as you go up in level. 
Does anyone know if you can get Token Actions for weapon attacks for your character to show up and work? I have tried but unable to get it to work.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you have a token that has its "Represents" dropdown set to that character? Youre putting that ability on that character, so it will only show up for tokens linked to that character. It wont show up for all characters.

Edited 1598487778
Kruc
Pro
It works for text. I don't have a macro for the weapon. I specifically want a token action for each weapon the character has. Does anyone have a macro?

Edited 1598504830
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Khruc said: It works for text. I don't have a macro for the weapon. I specifically want a token action for each weapon the character has. Does anyone have a macro? Try this for an attack macro &{template:attacks} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtag=@{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_WeaponName}}} {{attack1=[[1d20 + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD]) ]]}} {{damage1vsSM=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_DamageSmallMedium} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_DmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{damage1vsL=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_DamageLarge} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_DmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{WeaponNotes=@{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_WeaponNotes}}} @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_whisper_to-hit} When creating a token macro;   the weapon attacks on the sheet are in a repeating section (repeating_weapon). If you want to access an attribute outside of the sheet, you must include the repeating sections name as well as the attribute name and either a row number or rowID. ie "repeating_weapon_$X_" where "X" is the row's number or rowID.  Row numbers start at "0" and you can learn attribute names by hovering over their input fields, buttons, etc. A rowID is often a better option since it will always work for a given weapon regardless if you rearrange/reorder your attacks, but you will need to have a look at the attacks html (using the browser's inspect element feature) to learn the rowID. You will need to look for data-reprowid. <div class="repitem" data-reprowid="-K9VrEYXewjdZmOk7hz5"> for the row(fieldset) you are inspecting. Alos, in case you didn't know.  You can drag/drop any button from the sheet to the quickbar, rename and colorize as desired.  If you make an attack using a button that you've dragged to the quickbar, you can go to the chat input window and use the UP arrow to learn the macro name.  You can then use that name in your token macro to call a given attack as well and as an added bonus, you can see the rowID as well.  No need to hunt through the sheet's html code. ;-)   Hope this helps you.

Edited 1598492768
Kruc
Pro
thank you for your help.  Your macro leads to the top two outputs. What i was looking for was the bottom one where it tells you what armor class you hit and the damage to S/M and L creatures.    This is the macro i am using to give this result but it only works in the character sheet and not on the token action: &{template:attacks} {{color=@{color_option}}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtag=@{WeaponName}}} {{AC Hit=[[@{THAC00}-(1d20 + @{ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD])) ]]}} {{damage vs S/M=[[@{DamageSmallMedium} + @{AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{damage vs L=[[@{DamageLarge} + @{AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{WeaponNotes=@{WeaponNotes}}} @{whisper_to-hit}
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you're using that code as a macro, you'll need to edit each attribute to include some wayof identifying which character to take the attributes from. The easiest way is to add selected|  to each attribute, so, for instance,  @{color_option} becomes @{selected|color_option} The easiest way to do this to copy the macro text out into notepad, do a find and replace all: find: @{ replace all: @{selected| then past the text back into your macr.

Edited 1598504926
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Khruc  said: thank you for your help.  Your macro leads to the top two outputs. What i was looking for was the bottom one where it tells you what armor class you hit and the damage to S/M and L creatures.    This is the macro i am using to give this result but it only works in the character sheet and not on the token action: &{template:attacks} {{color=@{color_option}}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtag=@{WeaponName}}} {{AC Hit=[[@{THAC00}-(1d20 + @{ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD])) ]]}} {{damage vs S/M=[[@{DamageSmallMedium} + @{AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{damage vs L=[[@{DamageLarge} + @{AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{WeaponNotes=@{WeaponNotes}}} @{whisper_to-hit} The same concept applies to that macro;  use "selected|", include "repeating_weapon" and the row# or rowID for any repeating attributes.  My example macros above was a little "off" in regards to using row#'s.  They should include the $ symbol. ie "$X" where "X" is the row number for the weapon/attack you are trying to access. I'll correct my post. ;-) The macro below is using the 2nd attack row to pull attribute data.  ($1 is the 2nd row because repeating rows start at "0").  Just change the number to match the row of your weapon/attack. &{template:attacks} {{color=@{selected|color_option}}} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subtag=@{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_WeaponName}}} {{AC Hit=[[@{selected|THAC00}-(1d20 + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD])) ]]}} {{damage vs S/M=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_DamageSmallMedium} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{damage vs L=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_DamageLarge} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{WeaponNotes=@{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_WeaponNotes}}}

Edited 1598538088
Kruc
Pro
Got it to work !!! Thank you !! &{template:attacks} {{color=@{selected|color_option}}} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subtag=@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_WeaponName}}} {{AC Hit=[[@{THAC00}-(1d20 + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD]) ]]}} {{damage1vsSM=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_DamageSmallMedium} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{damage1vsL=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_DamageLarge} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] )]]}} {{WeaponNotes=@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_WeaponNotes}}} @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_whisper_to-hit} Steven Thank you very much !!!! Here are the templates for te first three weapons: First Weapon &{template:attacks} {{color=@{selected|color_option}}} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subtag=@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_WeaponName}}} {{AC Hit=[[@{THAC00}-(1d20 + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD]) ]]}} {{damage1vsSM=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_DamageSmallMedium} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{damage1vsL=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_DamageLarge} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] )]]}} {{WeaponNotes=@{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_WeaponNotes}}} @{selected|repeating_weapon_$0_whisper_to-hit} Second Weapon &{template:attacks} {{color=@{selected|color_option}}} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subtag=@{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_WeaponName}}} {{AC Hit=[[@{THAC00}-(1d20 + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD]) ]]}} {{damage1vsSM=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_DamageSmallMedium} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{damage1vsL=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_DamageLarge} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] )]]}} {{WeaponNotes=@{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_WeaponNotes}}} @{selected|repeating_weapon_$1_whisper_to-hit} Third Weapon &{template:attacks} {{color=@{selected|color_option}}} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subtag=@{selected|repeating_weapon_$2_WeaponName}}} {{AC Hit=[[@{THAC00}-(1d20 + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$2_ToHitBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$2_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{To Hit Modifier?|0}[MOD]) ]]}} {{damage1vsSM=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$2_DamageSmallMedium} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$2_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$2_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] ]]}} {{damage1vsL=[[@{selected|repeating_weapon_$2_DamageLarge} + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$2_AttackDmgBonus}[BON] + @{selected|repeating_weapon_$2_MagicBonus}[MAG] + ?{Damage Modifier?|0}[MOD] )]]}} {{WeaponNotes=@{selected|repeating_weapon_$2_WeaponNotes}}} @{selected|repeating_weapon_$2_whisper_to-hit} For anyone that wants !!

Edited 1598643527
Kruc
Pro
Initiative Macro for anyone who might need. Just show it as a token action to make is easier. &{template:attacks} {{color=@{selected|color_option}}} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{subtag=Roll for initiative!}} {{Initiative roll=[[1d6+ ?{Segments?:|0,0|1,1|2,2|3,3|4,4|5,5|6,6|7,7|8,8|9,9|10,10} &{tracker}]]}}

Edited 1598718602
Interesting and much simpler than the one I developed. How do the players know how many segments to add to their roll? Khruc said: Initiative Macro for anyone who might need. Just show it as a token action to make is easier. &{template:attacks} {{color=@{selected|color_option}}} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{subtag=Roll for initiative!}} {{Initiative roll=[[1d6+ ?{Segments?:|0,0|1,1|2,2|3,3|4,4|5,5|6,6|7,7|8,8|9,9|10,10} &{tracker}]]}}
I run a pretty-heavily home-brewed version of AD&D and developed an Initiative Roller macro that reflects a lot of those changes but it could definitely be modified to fit many other more traditional games. Specifically, I abstracted weapon speeds and casting times down to 4 ranks (very fast, fast slow, slowest), built in modifiers for Movement, modifiers for Dex bonus and modifiers for Encumbrance and then included a catch all for any situational modifiers. That’s a lot of options and it took a few sessions for my players to get it but now they all manage it pretty easily. I should also note that the context for my macro is perhaps different in a couple of ways due to home-brew changes I’ve made to the game: 1. I’ve changed the length of time that defines a Round to 20 seconds to somewhat reduce the tension between an abstracted 1 minute combat round and the second-by-second actions that most RPGs tend towards. A Round is then divided into two 10-second Segments. A player can take 1 action each Segment (although some actions, such as attacking, ends their round so they would often happen in the second segment).  2. My macro should be rolled AFTER every player has announced what they intend to do. Each player would need to know what they intend to be able to fill in all the inputs. Some GMs/players may not like this approach.  Here it is: ! ?{Weapon Spd or Casting Time|0|1|2|3|4} ?{Movement|None,0|Half Move,2|Full Move/Charge,4} ?{Encumbrance|Normal,0|Heavy,1|Very Heavy,2|Max,3} ?{Special|0} @{selected|token_name} rolls for Initiative: [[1d6+@{selected|SurpriseBonus} + ?{Weapon Spd or Casting Time} + ?{Movement} + ?{Encumbrance} + ?{Special} &{tracker} ]] Rob S. said: Interesting and much simpler than the one I developed. How do the players know how many segments to add to their roll? Khruc said: Initiative Macro for anyone who might need.
Rob S. said: Interesting and much simpler than the one I developed. How do the players know how many segments to add to their roll? Khruc said: Initiative Macro for anyone who might need. Just show it as a token action to make is easier. &{template:attacks} {{color=@{selected|color_option}}} {{name=@{selected|token_name}}} {{subtag=Roll for initiative!}} {{Initiative roll=[[1d6+ ?{Segments?:|0,0|1,1|2,2|3,3|4,4|5,5|6,6|7,7|8,8|9,9|10,10} &{tracker}]]}} Segment is for either weapon speed factor, spell casting time (segments) or for whatever you deem appropriate for whatever action the player or mob does.
I made a simple video to explain a few things that I have picked up over the past few months since i started playing.&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://youtu.be/s92sdNslaQM" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/s92sdNslaQM</a> &nbsp; Let me know what you guys think.
More macros from gaming buddy Aeylin !! Turn Undead Macro for Token Action &amp;{template:general} {{color=@{selected|color_option}}} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subtag=Turn undead (run bitches!!!)}}{{Turn Roll:= [[1d20]]}}&nbsp; {{Sekleton=10}}{{Zombie=13}}{{Ghoul=16}}{{Shadow=19}}{{Wight=20}}{{Ghast=-}}{{Wraith=-}}{{Mummy=-}}{{Spectre=-}}{{Vampire=-}}{{Ghost=-}}{{Lich=-}}{{Special=-}} Procedure: A d20 is rolled, and if the number shown is matched or ex- ceeded by the die roll the undead are turned. From 1-12 (or 7-12 or 1-2) undead (or evil creatures from lower planes) are affected:&nbsp; 1. Evil clerics cause the creatures to take neutral or friendly attitude according to a reaction dice score. Neutral undead will ignore the cleric and his or her party; friendly ones will follow the cleric and loin the adventure 2. Good clerics cause the creature to move directly away from his or her person, and stay as far away as possible for not less than 3 nor more than 12 rounds, moving at full speed for the duration if at all possible. The turned undead will be able to come back again, but they are subject to further turning by the cleric. Open Doors Macro for Token Action &amp;{template:general} {{color=@{selected|color_option}}} {{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{subtag=Minor Strength Feat}} {{1d6 Roll=[[1d6cs&lt;@{selected|MinorStrengthFeat}cf&gt;@{selected|MinorStrengthFeat}]] }}
Just an FYI, the Open Doors macro is already built into the AD&amp;D 1e character sheet. There was some discussion a while back about different ways of handling Turning Undead with a macro. Vince offered up a nice one he uses and I simplified it a little for my game since the cleric in my group is only 3rd level. It let's you select the cleric's level, the type of undead and then tells you if the cleric's roll was successful, how many were turned and for how long. If you go back through this thread you'll find it. Khruc said: More macros from gaming buddy Aeylin !!
Rob S. said: Just an FYI, the Open Doors macro is already built into the AD&amp;D 1e character sheet. I am aware of that but having it at the touch of a button for each player speeds up the game.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Edited 1599290311
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Always great to see how people are using the sheet.&nbsp; In case anyone doesn't know, you can drag/drop button rolls from the sheet(attacks, saves, spells, etc.) to the quickbar, rename/colorize if desired and make those rolls from quickbar without having to open the sheet. ;-)
Vince said: Always great to see how people are using the sheet.&nbsp; In case anyone doesn't know, you can drag/drop button rolls from the sheet(attacks, saves, spells, etc.) to the quickbar, rename/colorize if desired and make those rolls from quickbar without having to open the sheet. ;-) I had no idea, how wonderful. How do you get the symbols you have showing for the saving throw and short sword? This is fantastic, the players in the game I support love the character sheet&nbsp; rolling and this will make it even better. -- Tim

Edited 1599324851
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Tim M said: I had no idea, how wonderful. How do you get the symbols you have showing for the saving throw and short sword? This is fantastic, the players in the game I support love the character sheet&nbsp; rolling and this will make it even better. -- Tim Chrome (at least my version does...) which includes a right-click menu option for "Emoji" ⚔ You might be able to copy/paste from other sources as well.&nbsp; Here's some more info from the "must read"&nbsp; Stupid Roll20 Tricks thread:&nbsp; Use Emojis in Macro Buttons

Edited 1599347488
Vince said: Chrome (at least my version does...) which includes a right-click menu option for "Emoji" ⚔ You might be able to copy/paste from other sources as well.&nbsp; Here's some more info from the "must read"&nbsp; Stupid Roll20 Tricks thread:&nbsp; Use Emojis in Macro Buttons Thanks, will look into this.&nbsp; Personally beyond delighted with the whole buttons thing.
Me, too. Also there's a difference between rolling for surprise, and rolling for initiative. Surprise gets the dex modifier, but not initiative. Makes it kinda hard to use one button for both functions. Honestly we just roll a separate d6.

Edited 1599347475
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Surprise happens on 1-2. Correct.&nbsp; Surprise and Initiative on the sheet rolls a 1d6, adds the SurpriseBonus (DEX mod) if applicable and prompts for an additional modifier if needed.&nbsp; This should allow for the broadest flexibility and interpretation of the roll.&nbsp; You will see a red border on the roll result for a "1" and a green border on a "6"(this is just roll20's default indicators for low/high rolls), but neither roll is actually set up to test/indicate success or failure.
Vince said: Surprise happens on 1-2. Correct.&nbsp; Surprise and Initiative on the sheet rolls a 1d6, adds the SurpriseBonus (DEX mod) if applicable and prompts for an additional modifier if needed.&nbsp; This should allow for the broadest flexibility and interpretation of the roll.&nbsp; You will see a red border on the roll result for a "1" and a green border on a "6"(this is just roll20's default indicators for low/high rolls), but neither roll is actually set up to test/indicate success or failure. In fact, I did some testing after I posted my question.&nbsp; I discovered what you've described and hurriedly tried to delete my question. :) -- Tim
Hi Vince, Would there be any way to nudge AC, Armor, Shield, Weight and Cost gently to the left a few spaces to give us more room to write in our armor and shield information? Those fields are kind of small and frequently get cut off. If not, no biggie. I just thought I'd ask. Thanks. Rob
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Rob S. said: Hi Vince, Would there be any way to nudge AC, Armor, Shield, Weight and Cost gently to the left a few spaces to give us more room to write in our armor and shield information? Those fields are kind of small and frequently get cut off. If not, no biggie. I just thought I'd ask. Thanks. Rob Absolutely.&nbsp; Shouldn't be a problem.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
This should help a little with the armor and shield description. Pull Req&nbsp; #7340 &nbsp;submitted.
Awesome! Thanks a ton. Vince said: This should help a little with the armor and shield description. Pull Req&nbsp; #7340 &nbsp;submitted.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
TL;DR&nbsp; The sheet needs to update repeating attributes for "reasons", but it will break existing off-sheet macros. Feedback/suggestions requested. Testing out the waters here; before I move forward on doing some upgrades to the 1e sheet, I need to address some issues that have existed for quite a while with the sheet's attributes. Some of these problems existed since the creation of the sheet, which was long before roll20 introduced sheetworkers.&nbsp; Some were unknowingly introduced by myself in later updates. ;-(&nbsp; Fixing these problems mainly focus around the attributes used within repeating sections that share the same name as other repeating sections as well as a few of the non-repeating ones.&nbsp; &nbsp;All attribute names should be unique to prevent conflicts. On at least one occasion some additional sheetworker scripting was needed to fix a name conflict.&nbsp; For the most part, this hasn't been an issue, but in order to add more functionality to the sheet as well as bring it up to roll20's Best Practices , the attribute naming issues need to be addressed.&nbsp;&nbsp; I've started this process already with LOTS of help from GiGs since this requires some heavy lifting using javascript which is not my forte.&nbsp; Attribute migration needs to be done to copy existing attribute data to the new attributes and ensure that no data is lost in the process.&nbsp; This also involves a robust version checking routine so that only the proper migrations are executed based on the current version of a character's sheet.&nbsp; The main changes add part of the repeating sections name to the attribute to ensure the attribute is unique.&nbsp; Here are some examples of how the repeating attribute "name" would change. Current repeating section attribute New repeating section attribute repeating_weapon_$X_name repeating_weapon_$X_ weapon_ name repeating_ability_$X_name repeating_ability_$X_ ability_ name repeating_nonweaponproficiencies_$X_name repeating_nonweaponproficiencies_$X_ nwp_ name repeating_spells_$X_name repeating_spells_$X_ spell_ name This subtle but important attribute name change would happen to ALL repeating attributes to ensure they are uniquely named in/out of the repeating sections.&nbsp; This is needed for consistency and to ensure that any future sheetworker(javascript) code will function properly. As mentioned, changing attribute names requires copying the old data to the new attribute.&nbsp; HTML attribute names, title text, etc. will need to be updated.&nbsp; All sheet rolls (macro-text) on the sheet also need to be updated to use the new attribute names. This can all be handled by a future sheet update with no interaction on the end-users part.&nbsp; Yay!&nbsp; The updates and migrations happen automatically when you open an existing character's sheet.&nbsp; &nbsp; However , any custom macros created off the sheet will either need to be updated manually to reflect the new attribute names or re-created anew. &nbsp; I wish this wasn't the case, but there isn't a method to update a user's macros from a mere sheet update. ;-( Updating one's macros could be done using a simple find/replace using a text editor.&nbsp; Or, given that the sheet will have new updated sheet rolls and default macro-text, one could simply drag/drop buttons to the quickbar and/or use a button's attribute name to execute a roll from off the sheet.&nbsp; It's impossible for me to know how much of an inconvenience this would be on those of you that use the sheet... &nbsp; I'm planning on creating a new beta game for the community for testing/feedback.&nbsp; Importing existing characters from the community would absolutely be necessary to verify the migration and versioning works properly before incorporating the live sheet. Looking for your feedback before moving forward. Cheers
We rarely use off-sheet macros in my gaming groups. As you can see, I've been gaming here for a long time. So no inconvenience here.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Here's a link to the test game; AD&amp;D1e 2020 Beta &nbsp; It's the same test game I've used here before.&nbsp; Feel free to play around with the characters as much as you like. v1.56 Includes the migration code and updated version checking to update the repeating attribute names and the appropriate html, and macro-text.&nbsp; Just "under the hood stuff" that needs to be ironed out first before I can move on to other quality of life improvements... If you import a character (which I highly encourage you to do) have a little patience with me.&nbsp; I'll try and update permissions to assign edit/control ASAP.&nbsp; Real-life permitting. ;-)