Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds character sheet suggestions

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I just created a github account and have put my files up on github. I've also invited you to be a collaborator on the repository. I have no idea what I'm doing on github, but I was able to figure that much out anyway. :) Hopefully you have the necessary permissions. I've put my latest version up there. Since this morning I've included an option to switch between a Wild Card view an Ally/Mook view (totally stole the code from a DnD 5e character sheet (Thanks, Actoba , hope you don't mind.) but have it mostly working. I haven't gone through and validated all of the formulas yet. I will also say, when I was working on adding the tabs, the code for the PC section got a little ugly, because I didn't feel like going through and correcting everything to have the proper indents. I was a little more careful with the NPC sheet/tab. You'll also see a bunch of things I have commented out - I need to go back through and deleted a lot of that, but at the time, I wasn't sure if I was going to need it again or not, so I left it. Anyway, let me know what you need from me at this point. Oh - and here's a few screenshots of what the new NPC/Ally/Mook sheet looks like (if you click on the purple icon in the upper left corner, it switches views, and left all the field names the same; that way you switch a mook to a Wild Card if they become important enough). I have added tabs to this sheet yet - not sure if I'm going to, but if anyone feels it would be a good idea, I can do it.
Awesome, I just created a fork and will take a look and see if there is anything I can contribute.
So taking a look, The only thing I can see that I am not too sure about is the skills, I can see the advantage of just having the repeating fieldset, but then you lose the ability to macro skills. But I am not a huge macro guy, my original plan for this was to be more a milimalist sheet with only what you need on it.
But yeah, if you'd like I can either put your sheet up to the Roll20 repo or I can walk you through the process. I definately think yours is the better option at the moment :P And I don't have as much time as I once did to keep my updated.

Edited 1407994819
Macros from a repeating field aren't an issue. Cracked that code a couple days ago with the help of another member of the community. Once the final version of the sheet is selected I'll make sure to publish a bunch of Macros here for it. I'm sitting in limbo at the moment as I don't want to put time into macros until we have the new sheet available to pull from.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
My preference is for not having all the skills, but if the majority of the people want them added we can add them in. To help with the macro problem, I have included a checkbox that would reveal the formula used in the repeat skill, weapon and spells sections. David, if your method includes what you showed me, you may not have to do a lot other the correct what I did wrong. :) I'll try to go through the all the formulas today to make sure I've not missed anything and clean it up as best I can. I'm happy to put it up on github if you can tell me the process. If you don't mind, though, I would like your help on maintaining the sheet, because I'm running out of time as well. I'm in my last semester of a Master's program and have a ton of writing on the very near horizon. So, I've been trying to get this done as quickly as possible. Thanks guys.
One suggestion I would make is to leave the current sheet up for those who are using it. Call the new one Savage Worlds Tabbed Sheet or something of that nature. Sure we are all actively talking about it but someone who isn't coming on the forums regularly may have their game torpedoed if the recordsheet undergoes such a drastic change.
David S. said: One suggestion I would make is to leave the current sheet up for those who are using it. Call the new one Savage Worlds Tabbed Sheet or something of that nature. Sure we are all actively talking about it but someone who isn't coming on the forums regularly may have their game torpedoed if the recordsheet undergoes such a drastic change. That's a good idea, I can rename it in the JSON for mine to be called Savage worlds simple or something like that.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
David, I agree and figured we'd do something like that anyway. Another thought is that we just become consistent in our naming conventions for the attr_ fields. That way, if a character sheet changes, it should be more cosmetic than anything (unless, of course, we add new fields that weren't used before), but in this case I definitely feel we should not do completely away with the original sheet. If I can get some time tonight, I'm also planning on documenting (ala comments) all the attr_ names that exist in my sheet and have them at the top. That way anyone who's wanting to create macros can have an way to find all the different codes that I used. Any other ideas that would make things easier? BTW - I did add a modifier box next to the five main attributes, but am doubting whether I put them in the formula correctly. At the moment I have those modifiers applying only to the Attribute die, rather than to Attribute and Wild Die. I'm thinking that should be reversed? Can I get a confirmation on that? Thanks.
modifiers add to the end of the roll. 1d12 + 2 is 1d12 or 1d6 + 2
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Cool - that's what I was thinking, but was a little muddled this morning when I was working on them at 4a. :)
I'm all for consistency and with the training I had in code work years ago I'm also a fan of verbose language in comments and naming. Thus Strength would be attr_Strength, attr_StrengthModifier, and Stealth would be attr_Stealth, attr_StealthModifier, attr_StealthTrained, etc. Now that said if we go with non-static skill fields It would be more like this: repeating_SkillList_[x]_[SkillName], repeating_SkillList_[x]_[SkillDieType], repeating_SkillList_[x]_[SkillModifier], repeating_SkillList_[x]_[SkillTrained],etc. All Trait code should look something like this if you want to return successes: floor((1d[Trait Die], 1d[Wild Die])kh1 + [Trait Modifier] + ?{Modifier|0} - [Wounds] - [Fatigue])/4 floor((1d[Skill Die], 1d[Wild Die])kh1 + [Skill Modifier] + ?{Modifier|0} - ((1 - [Trained]) * 2) - [Wounds] - [Fatigue])/4

Edited 1408123745
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I've updated my files so that I've documented all the attr_ names at the top of my html file. And I've corrected the formulas that I know were wrong. If anyone wants to look at/try out my sheet, it can be found at: <a href="https://github.com/finderski/Roll20" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/finderski/Roll20</a> I think it's in a usable state at the moment, but would welcome any feedback/suggestion. Unfortunately, I also just received my thesis back in the mail yesterday from one of my advisors, so my time is about to come to screeching halt as I now have to re-focus on that if I want to stand of chance of graduating this coming January. But I will still work on this as much as I can—it just may be slow going for a while. Actually, I just realized, I need update the mook formulas to not use a Wild Die...I'll try to get that finished today or tomorrow. :-/ Ok - I was able to get that corrected... :)

Edited 1408208446
I'll be looking it over today and will edit this post as I find things. Line 220 had a typo, should be: value="@{toughnessbase}+@{toughnessMod}+@{toughnessArmor}" attr_MDmgMod should likely be a text field for direct input so that permanent modifiers can be tallied by the player and added rather than selecting them from a drop down of "most used". Things like trademark weapon, active powers, GM fiat, etc could all generate a modifier that is not an even number. Rules as written, Wounds and Fatigue are not subtracted from damage rolls. So your damage rolls currently need both removed.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks. I'll post up the most recent version on git hub. I've made some modification to some of the things based on you previous feedback (like issues with a d12+4 in the dropdown...I ran into a problem when trying to add in encumbrance).
Sounds good, I'll stop what I'm doing till I get that version. Going to do a whirlwind overhaul for my game tuesday so I can put the sheet through it's paces with my players.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok - I corrected the typo on Line 220. I've uploaded the latest to github. I will be working on adding the Encumbrance Checkbox to the repeating skills and updating those formulas. I also will try to figure out why the math for Current Toughness seems to be adding one to the total. :-/ Biggest Changes: removed the d12+(1-4) for the Attributes - it was causing problems with Encumbrance. So, I added a Strength Modifier for that, and left the Roll Modifier there as well. This way the d12+4 can be figured in the dice rolling properly (i.e. {1d12!+4,1d6!}kh1+{othermods}
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Final edits applied. I will not touch the sheet until people have had a chance to mess around with it and find any bugs. Not sure I can commit to doing any enhancements outside of fixing bugs, due to other responsibilities that have come calling now; however, if the request is small, and fairly simple, I'm happy to try and get it in. I have modified the MDmgMod field as per Sam's suggestion/recommendation. One note: I did not try to get Encumbrance working for the NPC/Ally sheet. I may try and take care of that later (now that all the formulas are figured out it shouldn't be too difficult, but I just need to start working on some other things at the moment). I have also created all the files necessary so I can request a branch(?)/fork(?) on github once I fix anything I hear broken.
Is Anyone out there Working on a Hellfrost Sheet..??
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'm not familiar with the campaign...is there a uniqueness to Hellfrost?
I'm about half way through cutting GV's sheet into pieces and re-writting it for all the things I want it to do. Once I'm done I'll be applying a few changes to make an ETU themed sheet. That said, the sheet I'm doing is very specialized to the types of macros I use (nearly everything is target and returns successes), it's not great as a generic sheet for people to use. I had tried using Josiah's sheet but was constantly having change requests for him so instead I'm just chopping these up to make one that meets my needs. It is time consuming but not overly difficult. There are plenty of sheets and references to follow as well.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
David - I've corrected the issues you've identified - any others that you've found?
Nope, those were the only ones that stood out. I've been working on cutting it down to have the stuff I want/need for my game but otherwise I'd say that one is ready to be pushed up as a live sheet.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Awesome. Thanks.
Is this other sheet where?

Edited 1408550472
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Maetco, it's currently located at <a href="https://github.com/finderski/Roll20" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/finderski/Roll20</a> I'm planning on trying to figure out how to merge it as a new sheet today or tomorrow... But my github is viewable by the public, so feel free to check it out...feedback is welcome.

Edited 1409008572
GV, for my version I took out the tabs. I hated doing it because it was so elegant but my players kept failing to click the spot on the tab that actually registered being clicked. I also created a traits list more in line with the "training wheels" sheet. I'm not 100% happy with it and will likely revisit the sheet once they release the ability to do tabs directly on the sheet itself rather than having to use the css+radio button trick. That said, I think we have a very robust pair of options between your sheet and Jonah's sheet. Now the question becomes who wants to tackle cutting these versions apart to make the setting specific sheets. :P **my vote is that each GM can do that on their own as it isn't that hard to customize the HTML**
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
David - Sorry about that...I really tried to get the Radio buttons to be huge like checkboxes can be, but couldn't figure it out...my CSS-Fu is still kinda weak. As for tackling the other settings...I think I agree with you. I may try to do something in a few months, but I know I can't even think about it for right now—Grad School is in full swing now, and kicking my butt. :(
I think we should all thank you for the work you put in on this. Thank you
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok, my tabbed sheet is finally up. I'll be working on compiling a list of Macros people can use with the sheet. I'm not sure exactly when I'll be able to finish it, but hopefully it won't be too long.
It's looking really nice. Good job!
I've put up what will be probably the final updates to my sheet, as it seems that GV's awesome sheet should probably be the official sheet.
Still waiting for a Hellfrost Sheet
Tim W. said: Still waiting for a Hellfrost Sheet what is needed? any setting specific traits?
@G V. Your sheet looks great, and I love that I can have non-wild card characters. I'm going to try converting my bucketload of existing characters. Do you have any recommendations on how to do it smoothly? I did a test case in test campaign and noticed that not everything comes over, but it looks like it's all in the attributes and abilities page. Are there any tricks?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks Xcentric . Unfortunately, I don't really have much in the way of suggestions. Just to make sure I didn't have any issues with my characters I made fresh ones and just manually updated the stats to match and then deleted the original characters. However, as I understand it you shouldn't have any issues if your Attributes match the ones of the Character Sheet exactly. To that end, here are the main attributes used by the sheet: race xp pace parry toughness wilddie charisma agility smarts spirit strength vigor wounds fatigue BenniesUsed If your existing characters use those same attributes (and I believe Roll20 is case sensitive) then you should be fine. If yours don't match that, you could change them to match that format. Anyway, I hope this helps.
@G V. Thanks! I was using the other Standard Savage Worlds community character sheet (which is also fab, but not quite as feature-rich as yours). The variable values for the attributes come across to the attribute tab, but didn't show up (in my tests, I'll probably bite the bullet on my existing campaign today) on the character sheet tab. Easy enough to fix. And while I have your attention, a couple of questions: Firstly, thanks so much for making such an awesome character sheet -- you did great! :) My player buds and I thank you. 1) I'd love to be able to get the calculate value of the parry and toughness for just display in a macro. It's all explained in this thread . Any insight you can give regarding your sheet (in relation to this) would be super helpful. Apparently, it's theorized that the "!" is the issue. (it's also discussed a bit in this thread above). Do you happen to have, or plan to add, any hidden fields that would help with that? 2) You mentioned hidden fields that allow macros like @{rollVigor}. I couldn't get these to work. Have they been added yet to the official roll20 sheets? Or am I doing something wrong when I try to add them to a macro? 3) a little feature request: I'd love to be able to track where the history of all the advances are spent in a separate tab similar to the journal for instance. For now, I will either put them in the character notes or in the Edges, but of course, the skill upgrades and attribute upgrades don't really belong there. Thanks for your efforts and time! Keep up the good work! Cheers

Edited 1411960795
@G V. And while I'm at it, how would I create a macro to roll a specific skill? Like Notice? (is there a place you have all this documented, I've not been able to find it, just the files in the repository). Thanks and I hope I'm not being a total noob PitA... (a total noob sure, but not the PitA part) :)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
@Xcentric, I was using the other Standard Savage Worlds community character sheet (which is also fab, but not quite as feature-rich as yours). The variable values for the attributes come across to the attribute tab, but didn't show up (in my tests, I'll probably bite the bullet on my existing campaign today) on the character sheet tab. Easy enough to fix. Yeah - sorry about that. I was using that as the base for my character sheet but when I had some problems I changed some of the names of the fields and never changed them back. I'll make sure that any updates to my current sheet won't break it. :) Firstly, thanks so much for making such an awesome character sheet -- you did great! :) My player buds and I thank you. Thanks. 😀 And you're welcome. 1) I'd love to be able to get the calculate value of the parry and toughness for just display in a macro. It's all explained in this thread . Any insight you can give regarding your sheet (in relation to this) would be super helpful. Apparently, it's theorized that the "!" is the issue. (it's also discussed a bit in this thread above). Do you happen to have, or plan to add, any hidden fields that would help with that? You should be able to get Toughness, but the five main Attributes: Agility: d[[@{agility}]] Smarts: d[[@{smarts}]] Spirit: d[[@{spirit}]] Strength: d[[@{strength}]] Vigor: d[[@{vigor}]] Toughness: [[@{toughnessCur}]] or [[@{toughness}]] Parry is a problem is because I neglected to get rid of the !. I'll need to make some changes to the sheet in the next update to care for that. It'll probably also mean a new field on the sheet, but that shouldn't break anything unless you have a skill that is a d&lt;something&gt;+&lt;something&gt;. One potential problem with the Attributes above is the default value is 4! and so, if a character has a d4, you'll want to select it from the drop down menu so the value changes. I'll fix that in my next update, too. 2) You mentioned hidden fields that allow macros like @{rollVigor}. I couldn't get these to work. Have they been added yet to the official roll20 sheets? Or am I doing something wrong when I try to add them to a macro? Those are already there. I'm guessing you put square brackets around @{rollVigor}, but it already has them, so you shouldn't add them. Here's what the macro should look like: All of those hidden fields are: @{rollAgility} @{rollSmarts} @{rollSpirit} @{rollStrength} @{rollVigor} @{rollUnskilled} @{rollFighting} 3) a little feature request: I'd love to be able to track where the history of all the advances are spent in a separate tab similar to the journal for instance. For now, I will either put them in the character notes or in the Edges, but of course, the skill upgrades and attribute upgrades don't really belong there. Actually, I keep track of all my Advances in the Edges section. LOL - that's why I built it that way. But I can understand that it may not work for everyone. I'll see what I can come up with, but if you have a recommendation for what type of layout you'd like to see that would be cool, too. I will say that the next update may be a while in coming. I'm have no time at the moment. But I will get to all this as quickly as I can.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
@G V. And while I'm at it, how would I create a macro to roll a specific skill? Like Notice? (is there a place you have all this documented, I've not been able to find it, just the files in the repository). Thanks and I hope I'm not being a total noob PitA... (a total noob sure, but not the PitA part) :) No worries, not being a PitA at all. 😀 It's actually part of the sheet already. Under the Add button to add a new Skill is a checkbox for Hide Macro Formula. If you uncheck that it will show you the formula used for the Skills. This is what it looks like unchecked: The formula displayed would work for the Throwing Skill. To make that formula work for the Boating skill all you'd need to do is change all instances of @{repeating_skills_0_SkillName} to @{repeating_skills_1_SkillName}. Then the next skill would be @{repeating_skills_2_SkillName} and so on. That same checkbox is part of all repeating sections that have dice rolls, so you can get the macro formula for things like damage rolls, etc. Hope that helps.
Hi, Great sheet by the way, I am loving it. Just a quick question, I noticed that the macros for the Mook/ally are the same for the Wildcard sheet and I also noticed a wild die is being rolled with the mook/ally trait rolls. Is this WAD? Have I completely missed something? or does the macro take into account if it is a mook/ally and not use the wild die somehow (even though it is in the formulae)?
So, I had a GM just suggest a new FEATURE!!!! He wants each character to be able to /gmroll right from the sheet.... he suggested having a roll button next to the standard button.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Dylan - Thanks! I'll take a look. I thought I'd removed all the Wild Die rolls for Mooks. William - I'll take a look at that possibility. There are some space constraints, but I'll see what I can do. It may take a few weeks before I have to get anything going, unfortunately. My schedule's a little crazy at the moment. But I will get this all taken care of.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok - I had a little bit of time to delete some things, so I did... Here are the issues that should be fixed: 1) I'd love to be able to get the calculate value of the parry and toughness for just display in a macro. It's all explained in this thread . Any insight you can give regarding your sheet (in relation to this) would be super helpful. Apparently, it's theorized that the "!" is the issue. (it's also discussed a bit in this thread above). Do you happen to have, or plan to add, any hidden fields that would help with that? I removed the offending !s from all Traits (Attributes & Skills) with one minor exception...if the Skill is a d12+x, those aren't fixed yet. That will take a bigger time commitment than I have at the moment. However, I will be fixing that. Hopefully, before the Christmas. :) I noticed that the macros for the Mook/ally are the same for the Wildcard sheet and I also noticed a wild die is being rolled with the mook/ally trait rolls. I have removed the Wild Die from the Mook Trait rolls. The macro is essentially the same, now just minus the Wild Die. I have pushed these to the server so the sheet should update with the next refresh. I'll post another message when I'm able to tackle the remaining issues.

Edited 1413225218
ooh! Sweet! thanks again. GV.. (and for the long replies earlier.) Real Life has kept me from playing as much as I'd like, but I've checked out some stuff. Recreating the characters from scratch definitely helps. It's a lot of characters to redo though, so I am doing it slowly. when do the refreshes happen? I don't have to do anything on my side to get it, no?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'm not sure when the refreshes happen. Riley does it, I think almost weekly. And you shouldn't have to do anything. :)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Just wanted to give everyone an update on the Character Sheet. Tonight while I was playing I noticed a problem with the hidden fields: @{rollAgility} @{rollSmarts} @{rollSpirit} @{rollStrength} @{rollVigor} @{rollUnskilled} @{rollFighting} If you were to use those in a macro for a Token Action, they were not rolling the Wild Die. The problem - the mook section of the character sheet had the exact same name, when it wasn't supposed to. I've corrected the problem and have submitted the merge request, so it should be corrected the next time the merge happens. Just wanted to let you all know, in case you noticed the problem.
I've just noticed that all skill values in my campaign (using the tabbed character sheet) have been reset to d4. Did anyone elso notice this?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I've not experienced that in any of my campaigns (I just checked), but one player last night had some of his character macros clear themselves out and the title changed to Undefined Macro or something like that, but that wasn't on the character sheet portion of the character and was nothing that the character sheet even touches.