Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds character sheet suggestions

Petrus A. said: I've just noticed that all skill values in my campaign (using the tabbed character sheet) have been reset to d4. Did anyone elso notice this? OMG... All my character's skill values are also reset to d4. This is very upsetting. Is there a fix? I was trusting the sheet to keep all that info and don't have it backed up. :(
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Xcentric D. - I feel your pain, that happened to one guy in our group as well. Probably should report it in the Bug Reports & Technical Issues forum, because I don't believe it's related to the character sheet itself. I just checked all of my campaigns and nothing has been reset. I wonder if this is something that Archiving a copy each character periodically would help avoid?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
DON'T USE THE MOOK SECTION (YET) I had a problem today and reported it as a bug. In working with a developer, something I thought would work one way, doesn't work that way at all. So, there's a problem when you work with the Mook section that will wipe out any skills. I don't understand why it does it on all the different character sheets, but it seems to. I'll be working on a fix for that (it should be fairly easy), and I'll get it loaded to GitHub. I'll post here once that's corrected.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Warning! Mooks may break with next sheet update. The next update to the Savage Worlds (Tabbed) sheet could break your Mooks. Unfortunately, this was necessary to prevent the Mook section from breaking the Wild Card section. Recently it was discovered that in certain situation, using the Mook section may reset Wild Card skills to d4. This was due to field names being the same. When originally creating the sheet, I thought that would make migration of certain Mooks to Wild Cards easier, thinking that once one set of the fields was updated, it would automatically happen in the other section as well. But, it appears that it isn't the case. So, I've submitted a change to the sheet to prevent loss of data. I've also instituted a version number (at the very bottom of the character sheet) to make it easier to know when a new version of the sheet has been pushed out. This version will be 1.1. I apologize for the inconvenience and problems.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok, wanted to give everyone an update. There are a few changes coming through that will impact the Savage Worlds Character Sheet. The big one has already been pushed out, so no one should lose information now. Unfortunately, you may feel the pain as I did have to rename a bunch of fields on the Mook sheet. Again, sorry about for that inconvenience. The short version: Removed d12+x options on Mook skills (POTENTIAL IMPACT) Made Tabs easier to work with Added show/hide buttons to various sections on the Wild Card sheet The long version: Now, today's changes...there is only one that may impact your mooks. I found an error when a Mook's die type was d12+x. The formula didn't function properly because there was an exclamation point after the +x. So, I removed those values from the drop down and moved the skill modifier box closer to the die type. Really, that is something I've wanted to do for a while to resolve a couple other issues. But that will be the only thing that may impact you. Field names did not change, though. All the other changes involved improvements to the tabs and various navigation elements. Essentially, I made the tabs easier to work with, because you no longer need to click in the center, you can click anywhere on the button. I also added hide/show buttons to various sections of the Wild Card sheet (such as Edges, Hindrances, Armor, weapons, etc). Hopefully this will make scroll less of an issue...especially since you probably don't need to consult Hindrances very frequently. Anyway, if anyone has suggestions, please let me know—I'm happy to hear and consider them.

Edited 1416961860
Thanks GV! Since we are discussing the sheet and you are improving it, I would like to mention that the Savage World logo on the character sheet tab makes the sheet a bit harder to work with. It would be nicer if the two sets of tabs (Bio - Char sheet - Attributes) and (basic info - Edges - Skills - etc) were closer to each other. The Savage worlds logo, though cool, takes up valuable real estate on the page, and pushes the different tab bars apart which makes navigation a bit harder. I'd love to see it either removed or, maybe if you want it to stay, moved to, say, the bio tab (or maybe made MUCH smaller). So ideally, if I say, scrolled down, then switched one of the secondary tabs (which often causes the screen to reposition), the major tabs would also be seen rather than the logo. Does that make sense? Do you (or anyone else) agree? oh, and while we are add it... a field for Player Name on the Basic Info tab would be nice. It could default to the value "NPC".
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
How about something like this: The image doesn't appear on the Mook version of the sheet, but if I could find some empty space I could maybe make it happen. But when I was looking at the sheet I realized there was a lot of empty space under the Health section. Unfortunately, I can't move it to the Bio tab, because that's not part of the "character sheet" and I have no control over the placement of those tabs, nor what can be displayed on them. I'd like to keep the logo if I can, so I think this is a nice compromise. I'll see about adding a character name field, too. The only problem I see currently, is it'll throw the symmetry off.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok, I think I figured out a way to incorporate the Player Name without too much effort. How's this look?
those both look awesome! I wouldn't worry about not having it on the mook sheet. Thanks so much! (using your great sheet with my game group as we speak btw) :)
oh, and you could probably make the label that is XP in the mock up, "XP/Rank:" if that fits since it would have both. :)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok - I've incorporated all these suggestions. The next merge will also include a GM Roll button for each of the Traits, Weapons and Spells for both Wild Cards and Mooks.