Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Feature Request: Show Roll Button name on hover Currently, if you hover your mouse over stats on the sheet, it will display in the tooltip the exact name of the attribute, such as @{strength_mod} . Implementing this for roll button names on the 5E sheet(and others) would make macro creation easier, especially Chat Menus , as people wouldn't need to look at the sheet sourcecode to figure these out. Hovering your mouse over a button and seeing %{npc_init} would be pretty useful. Alternatively , the names for each button could be documented properly. I've started on listing a few of them on the 5E sheet wiki page .
And another weird thing (or two) since this past Tuesday: The cleric in my party, who is not multi-classed as a thief, has somehow gotten a  global "sneak attack" added to his sheet... and this same cleric, who does not have Bless as "known" spell (and has never used it), has also gotten a global Bless modifier. I deleted both the other day but they came back. I've deleted them again... I hope they don't come back again. None of the other characters, including the thief, has gotten anything added to their sheet as far as I can tell. I'll know this upcoming Tuesday when the players can check their own sheets. And, yes, the font for the currency values is screwed up on all the sheets and needs to be changed back.
Saul J. said: And another weird thing (or two) since this past Tuesday: The cleric in my party, who is not multi-classed as a thief, has somehow gotten a  global "sneak attack" added to his sheet... and this same cleric, who does not have Bless as "known" spell (and has never used it), has also gotten a global Bless modifier. I deleted both the other day but they came back. I've deleted them again... I hope they don't come back again. None of the other characters, including the thief, has gotten anything added to their sheet as far as I can tell. I'll know this upcoming Tuesday when the players can check their own sheets. And, yes, the font for the currency values is screwed up on all the sheets and needs to be changed back. Did the settings get turned on for global damage, attack, Saving throws, skill checks, and AC, etc.?  If you turn those on, their defaults are sneak attack, bless, guidance, and defense, iirc.  This may be something you're seeing, though I never knew those values to be persistent (coming back after deletion)
The capability to have global attack and damage modifiers is turned on but not currently used (i.e. on all the characters the fields are, or should be, blank). The global "Bless" and "Sneak Attack" are getting added only to one character out of 7.  The thief of the party, as mentioned, is not getting the "sneak attack" added (I'm handling it a different way that does not involve the global modifiers) as a global damage modifier.  The thief, oddly, did not have the "global attack modifier" box on in his sheet. When I turned it on just now, it immediately came up, by default, with "Bless".  I checked now, and none of the other characters, including the cleric, have any global attack or damage modifier.  But, I know that the last two weeks, after the weekly update/reset, the Cleric has had, at least, a global "Bless" which seems to be the "default".  We only play on Tuesdays and that's when I usually notice it, after the first attack roll when the cleric suddenly has a "Bless" amount added to his roll. Wolf Thunderspirit said: Saul J. said: And another weird thing (or two) since this past Tuesday: The cleric in my party, who is not multi-classed as a thief, has somehow gotten a  global "sneak attack" added to his sheet... and this same cleric, who does not have Bless as "known" spell (and has never used it), has also gotten a global Bless modifier. I deleted both the other day but they came back. I've deleted them again... I hope they don't come back again. None of the other characters, including the thief, has gotten anything added to their sheet as far as I can tell. I'll know this upcoming Tuesday when the players can check their own sheets. And, yes, the font for the currency values is screwed up on all the sheets and needs to be changed back. Did the settings get turned on for global damage, attack, Saving throws, skill checks, and AC, etc.?  If you turn those on, their defaults are sneak attack, bless, guidance, and defense, iirc.  This may be something you're seeing, though I never knew those values to be persistent (coming back after deletion)
Hey folks! The currency text size and font alignment for NPC names should be fixed at this point. Apologies for the trouble!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Did the trait roll sheet macro get fixed?
keithcurtis said: Did the trait roll sheet macro get fixed? Seconded!  All of my traits macros are returning errors.  Very frustrating!  Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It looks like the error has been fixed, but it has also fixed something that was previously broken. Previously: %{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_-npc_roll_output} would work, but it was incorrect, or at least did not follow sheet style. I reported it at the time, but was told that was how it had to be. Notice that there is a hyphen in front of the word "npc" after the position number. It is now actually what it should have been all along: %{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_npc_roll_output} Nothing else on the sheet had that niggling little hyphen in that position. For those using the Token Action Maker script, I will submit a fix that will bring it up to the old, old, correct terminology. For those not using that script, delete that hyphen and you should be good.
keithcurtis said:  For those using the Token Action Maker script, I will submit a fix that will bring it up to the old, old, correct terminology. For those not using that script, delete that hyphen and you should be good. Awesome thanks Keith!  I look forward to the update on the github.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I had hoped to get it in this morning, but it will probably not be up until next Tuesday.
keithcurtis said: It looks like the error has been fixed, but it has also fixed something that was previously broken. Previously: %{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_-npc_roll_output} would work, but it was incorrect, or at least did not follow sheet style. I reported it at the time, but was told that was how it had to be. Notice that there is a hyphen in front of the word "npc" after the position number. It is now actually what it should have been all along: %{selected|repeating_npctrait_$0_npc_roll_output} Nothing else on the sheet had that niggling little hyphen in that position. For those using the Token Action Maker script, I will submit a fix that will bring it up to the old, old, correct terminology. For those not using that script, delete that hyphen and you should be good. I also commented on keith's Token Action Maker script thread, but I'll post it here for Dev's attention: the same issue occurred with reactions. Currently the call for reactions is missing a few characters. They are still using: %{selected|repeating_npc reaction _$0 _oll_output }
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Jarren. I commented there after your comment. Since this was formatted correctly before the glitch, once Roll20 corrects the npcreactions on the sheet, the script should function without need for further tinkering. The other required me to account for the correction of a correction of a correction. :D
TYPOS!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'd get angry, but then I remember how many I make on an hourly basis...

Edited 1616552942
All my spells with attack rolls are broken when getting sent to chat. This is all that gets printed. Anyone else experiencing this? EDIT: Changing each spell's output format from Attack to Spellcard back to Attack fixed this, but I can't figure out why it happened in the first place.
Hey, In one of our game, I noticed that the "Query advantage" option is now bugged. It wasn't before, but suddenly, now, choosing it results in a buggy situation where skill/save/stat rolls only throw a single dice everytime and a weapon attack produces a selectable query with a textbox containing the following formula : Normal Roll,{{normal=1 Seems like a recent update might have broken the option :(
When I set the NPC sheet to query advantage I get this    Normal Roll,{{normal=1     in the pull down and the attack will not work
I actually get this on a PC character sheet also and will not let you select advantage  Normal Roll,{{normal=1
Can confirm I also get this error. 

Edited 1616987592
Right so First and foremost, the sheet now looks markedly worse. The skill and save bubbles are horrific to look at and take up an absurd amount of space The advantage settings now can overlap the page buttons The "Hit Dice" text is off center Oh and uhh  I can't actually change most of the sheet . This is not to mention the absolute travesty of the NPC sheets
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
From  Hotfix for Game Loading Problems 3/28/2021 This afternoon we became aware of a problem which caused some users to experience difficulty launching their games on Roll20. This issue is related to the other incidents users have experienced recently in the last few weeks. We know how frustrating it is to have trouble getting into your games, and apologize for the inconvenience and missed game times. We have pulled our full team together to resolve these issues. A hotfix was just deployed to resolve users' ability to launch their games. We expect this hotfix to be in place until we release a more permanent solution tomorrow. Given the nature of a hotfix, you may notice some unexpected behavior from character sheets. This should be limited to the way that custom character sheets are styled and rendered but with any hotfix there is always a risk of unforeseen problems. This temporary fix may cause improper rendering of roll templates within your chat archives. If you are effected by this please let us know via our Help Center.  We are working on a more complete update on the larger issue, and thank you for your patience as we work to improve the software.
This please. Is there a fix? One player in our group was not afflicted.  Evidently his character sheet looked normal.  When Gm changed my sheet to be edited by all players he could access my sheet and apparently it looked normal for him. Also, he could add things while, my GM, and our one other player could not. Tobor500 said: Right so First and foremost, the sheet now looks markedly worse. The skill and save bubbles are horrific to look at and take up an absurd amount of space The advantage settings now can overlap the page buttons The "Hit Dice" text is off center Oh and uhh  I can't actually change most of the sheet . This is not to mention the absolute travesty of the NPC sheets

Edited 1616991769
This issue, which was a side effect of today's hotfix, has recently been announced as resolved. If you refresh the browser, the sheets should go back to normal. (That worked for me, anyway.) Good luck!
Charactermancer is not opening Class(es) : N/A Subclass : N/A Race : N/A Level(s) : N/A Description of issue : The charactermancer, whether new character or level+, started manually or from the new character prompt, and from existing or new games, does not open. Clicking the button simply does nothing. Attempted in Firefox, Firefox without addons, Chrome without addons, and Edge without addons. Several of my players are reporting the issue.
mkalash said: Charactermancer is not opening Class(es) : N/A Subclass : N/A Race : N/A Level(s) : N/A Description of issue : The charactermancer, whether new character or level+, started manually or from the new character prompt, and from existing or new games, does not open. Clicking the button simply does nothing. Attempted in Firefox, Firefox without addons, Chrome without addons, and Edge without addons. Several of my players are reporting the issue. Same here. tested both chrome with cookies and in-private mode. compendium won't load either. so can't even try to fix up the characters manually. 
Hey everyone,  I don't know if this is the right place, but as of today I'm having trouble linking sheet attributes to token bars when using OGL. When I click the combo box to select the attribute from the list the tab completely freezes, and crashes around 30 seconds later. Tested both on my usual setup (Microsoft Edge Version 89.0.774.63) and on a clean install of Google Chrome (Version 89.0.4389.90), and ended up with the same results. Happens both with Charactermancer sheets and NPS sheets (Custom ones of from the compendium). Is anyone else having this issue? 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
As answered here , One other person I know of, but the thread got deleted when some of the rhetoric got a little heated. (I assume. I didn't see the last posts). Are you using Beyond20? Any other extensions? Does it work in a private browsing window?
5e Sheet with a new game and new character still has the query bug, setting rolls to toggle, always and disadvantage is fine, setting it to query rolls a single dice, refresh doesn't help

Edited 1617379839
Ivo said: 5e Sheet with a new game and new character still has the query bug, setting rolls to toggle, always and disadvantage is fine, setting it to query rolls a single dice, refresh doesn't help I'm having the same problem in my games. Existing characters works fine with the "query advantage" setting, but any new characters are bugged and show like in the image bellow (the text is: " Normal Roll,{{normal=1 ").  A workaround that is to simply duplicate a existing character and to change the sheet since in a duplicated character its not bugging, but even that its not bugging on the roll (its querying) the setting its marked as "always advantage". Aaaaaand even if I mark "always advantage" (on any character using the npc sheet) the roll its not highlighting the higher roll by fading the lower roll (that in this case its not fading). Any news about working being done on a fix to that?
I'm not sure if it has been fixed for you yet, but I'm using Firefox with no add-ons and the charactermancer and compendium works fine.  Alex D. said: mkalash said: Charactermancer is not opening Class(es) : N/A Subclass : N/A Race : N/A Level(s) : N/A Description of issue : The charactermancer, whether new character or level+, started manually or from the new character prompt, and from existing or new games, does not open. Clicking the button simply does nothing. Attempted in Firefox, Firefox without addons, Chrome without addons, and Edge without addons. Several of my players are reporting the issue. Same here. tested both chrome with cookies and in-private mode. compendium won't load either. so can't even try to fix up the characters manually. 
Tovar said: Ivo said: 5e Sheet with a new game and new character still has the query bug, setting rolls to toggle, always and disadvantage is fine, setting it to query rolls a single dice, refresh doesn't help I'm having the same problem in my games. Existing characters works fine with the "query advantage" setting, but any new characters are bugged and show like in the image bellow (the text is: " Normal Roll,{{normal=1 ").  A workaround that is to simply duplicate a existing character and to change the sheet since in a duplicated character its not bugging, but even that its not bugging on the roll (its querying) the setting its marked as "always advantage". Aaaaaand even if I mark "always advantage" (on any character using the npc sheet) the roll its not highlighting the higher roll by fading the lower roll (that in this case its not fading). Any news about working being done on a fix to that? Same problem here, but duplicating the character does not work for me sadly.
You can futz with the "rtype" attribute as noted in  this other thread  to fix a broken sheet.  And that sheet will probably stay fixed as long as you don't mess with the advantage setting. Some sort of actual fix on Roll20's side might be nice.
FalconPilot said: Hey, In one of our game, I noticed that the "Query advantage" option is now bugged. It wasn't before, but suddenly, now, choosing it results in a buggy situation where skill/save/stat rolls only throw a single dice everytime and a weapon attack produces a selectable query with a textbox containing the following formula : Normal Roll,{{normal=1 Seems like a recent update might have broken the option :( Same issue for me
When I set the NPC sheet to query advantage I get this    Normal Roll,{{normal=1     in the pull down and the attack will not work. Help please. Anyone have a solution ?
Ok, not sure if this is the proper format for submitting the issue, but I don't see a new topic option in this forum and can't find any similar topics in my scan of the 29 pagers of posts here.  Here is the issue I am having: Several of my players cannot level their characters using the charactermancer leveling option.  They get the following error notice: They all used the charactermancer to create their characters and even though I use a fair bit of custom content, it works for some of my players but not all of them.  So far, it is only happening in one of the several games I run on Roll20, but I can figure out why this is happening or how to resolve it.  I would hate to have to recreate multiple characters or do the updates manually.  Anyone else have the same issue or is there a fix for this?  Thanks

Edited 1617754876
Nic B.
Roll20 Team
Hi Old Nerd, Would it be possible for you to PM me with the name of the game where you are seeing this issue so that I can begin the process of investigating the issue? Thanks! A quick note: we pushed an update to the 5e sheet yesterday that should resolve the issue being reported with the advantage query. If you are still seeing this issue, additional reports would be appreciated.
Hi Nic, While you're at it, others (myself included) have reported possibly related Charactermancer issues at <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9951278/charactermancer-not-working" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9951278/charactermancer-not-working</a>. &nbsp; I'm going to PM you with my specific info, in case you're able to look into it for me. Thanks! Nic B. said: Hi Old Nerd, Would it be possible for you to PM me with the name of the game where you are seeing this issue so that I can begin the process of investigating the issue? Thanks! A quick note: we pushed an update to the 5e sheet yesterday that should resolve the issue being reported with the advantage query. If you are still seeing this issue, additional reports would be appreciated.
The levelng up Charactermancer for the D&amp;D 5E Bard Class has so many bugs/errors that it's nearly useless.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Feature Request: Allow control over which spells show up on the core page's "attack section".&nbsp; Please put in an option on any given spell (via the spells page) to include or not include that spell's attack rolls on the core page? Having the attack rolls from 20+ spells really clutters up the core page unnecessarily. Especially since most of the time you go to roll the spell attack via the spell page. And we cannot remove them from the attack rolls without breaking the spell attack section (it forces the spell into a spellcard rather than an attack).

Edited 1618847504
Hi, I've been checking in on this for about 6 months, and have also tried the Help tool and Suggestion tool. Can we please get the rest of the missing information to the chat output of a spell attack? It's difficult to adjudicate spells with an incomplete spell output. If not everyone would like the full output, it could simply be a setting for how verbose to make the output. I'd recommend moving that setting from per-spell, to a global spell output setting.&nbsp; Here's what has been done: caster name, spell name, range moved from bottom of output to top. Thank you! Here's what is still missing: the spell school and spell level, e.g. 3rd level evocation the casting time, e.g. 1 action (you cannot resolve spells without the action type) the components, e.g. V, S, M the duration, e.g. Instantaneous W hat's still missing is that middle block on the right-most example. The screenshot&nbsp; doesn't include the above updates which are definitely a step in the right direction!
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
It would be really great if all the information was there all the time for spells that were an attack, just collapsed. When anyone wanted to read the text of the spell, they just expand the relevant section.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm not sure if the chat pane supports expanding and collapsing divs. If it did, that would be great.

Edited 1619058150
I'm getting this error for every spell that requires rolling &nbsp;No ability was found for %{|repeating_attack_attack} and then the chat shows |repeating_attack_-LnQlKAiawQINelHWFFn_attack instead of the dice rolls. This happens on attack and healing spells. The spells that can be cast at higher levels like cure wounds also skip the "cast at what level prompt" though those do show up on the non-damaging spells. Edit: Casting out of the attack box works, just not the spell sheet
I've been seeing the same error as MageBoySA in the game where I'm a PC, but I'm not seeing it in the game I am GMing... so something funky is going on, but I haven't been able to narrow down what.
For the second time, when one of my player's leveled up and ran the charactermancer it set their Con stat and Con bonus to like 15,000 lol It can be fixed under Attributes &amp; Abilities, but figured a heads up was a good idea.
hello there this is my first time using the forum but i am in a game and my character for some reason has all the save and skill modifers broken in chat. it shows on the sheet but wont add up correctly when you choose the save