Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)

Edited 1619462970
Hello All, Here's a question that i Hope might find a solution. I've posted a question/request on the forum in this thread <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10019854/5e-durable-gift-how-to-customize-hit-die-roll-on-the-sheet" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/10019854/5e-durable-gift-how-to-customize-hit-die-roll-on-the-sheet</a> but maybe you will be more able to answer to me directly on here I'm Using the hit die roll listener Is there a way to modify the hit_dice formula in the 5e OGL character sheet so it follows the "durable" gift rules in 5e ? (hit die result cannot be lower than twice the constitution mod) I think that modifying the formula (which formula in the attributes sheet BTW ?) is the easiest way to achieve what i'm trying to do.... Eddie DM has found a way adding a token action macro, but i wished we only could change a Hit dice formula (Hit_dice, Custom_hit_dice), or something in the attributes of the character sheet (3rd tab of the sheet) to achieve this while only pressing on the same Hit Die command line on the sheet ? When you press on this line, the macro used inside the sheet is : @{Alfarel|wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{hit-dice-u}}} {{mod=D@{Alfarel|hitdieroll}+[[@{Alfarel|constitution_mod}[CON]]]}} {{r1=[[1d@{Alfarel|hitdieroll}+[[@{Alfarel|constitution_mod}]][CON]]]}} {{normal=1}} @{Alfarel|charname_output} Thank you for answering me if you have some time and some ideas Lionel
Wasn't sure where else to post it but for Ogre, One-Horned,for Tome off Beasts 2 Kobold Press for D&amp;D 5e its languages in the sheet is "darkvision 60 ft."
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
IIRC, Kobold Press does their own Compendium work. Still, it might be worth a&nbsp; Help Center Request &nbsp;so that KP can be notified if they don't have an avenue for that on their own site.
Two questions: This thread says Q12020, instead of 2021, am I in the right thread? How would I go about getting the "Attacks and Spellcasting" section broken into two separate, but identically functioning sections. (Actions &amp; Bonus Actions) ? Sheet feature request,my own coding,etc. ?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Ormus &nbsp;said: Two questions: This thread says Q12020, instead of 2021, am I in the right thread? Yup. It just has never been re-named. Ormus &nbsp;said: How would I go about getting the "Attacks and Spellcasting" section broken into two separate, but identically functioning sections. (Actions &amp; Bonus Actions) ? Sheet feature request,my own coding,etc. ? That would be a major departure from the existing sheet, and might not be welcome to all users. You can make a request, but my guess is it would not be high priority if considered at all. You can mention it here, but the Suggestion Forum is a sort of proving ground to see if an idea has enough support for serious attention. As for coding it yourself. The sheet code has been proprietary for over a year. There is a legacy version on the github repository, but it is much out of date. The&nbsp;D&amp;D 5th Edition by Roll20 Sheet is also one of the oldest and most complex sheets available, and probably a big bite for a first attempt at sheet authoring. But it can be done.
When my barbarian rolls hit die from the sheet the chat shows and unformatted roll rolling 1d12 + 3 ( 8 ) +3 = 11 using the up arrow in the chat I get the following: /roll @{Agatha|show_hit_dice_roll} When my thief rolls hit die from the sheet I get the template format&nbsp; <span class="inlinerollresult showtip tipsy-n-right" original-title=" Rolling 1d8+2[CON] = ( 2 )+2" style="box-sizing: content-box; font-size: 1.2em; line-height: 12px; background-color: transparent; border: 0px; padding: 0px; cursor: help;">4 HIT DICE&nbsp; (D8+ 2 ) using the up arrow in the chat I get the following: @{Ooo Ooo Ah|wtype}&amp;{template:simple} {{rname=^{hit-dice-u}}} {{mod=D@{Ooo Ooo Ah|hitdieroll}+[[@{Ooo Ooo Ah|constitution_mod}[CON]]]}} {{r1=[[1d@{Ooo Ooo Ah|hitdieroll}+[[@{Ooo Ooo Ah|constitution_mod}]][CON]]]}} {{normal=1}} @{Ooo Ooo Ah|charname_output} Please help
You can reorder the entries in the Attacks and Spellcasting section - grouping the Bonus Actions together, etc. You can also add a blank entry and edit to read "---Bonus action---" or some such. So the Attacks and Spellcasting section could look something like; ---Actions--- Longsword Some other attack Some other attack2 ---Bonus actions--- Longsword (offhand) Etc. Etc. And so on. Ormus said: How would I go about getting the "Attacks and Spellcasting" section broken into two separate, but identically functioning sections. (Actions &amp; Bonus Actions) ? Sheet feature request,my own coding,etc. ?
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but the when using the 5e charactermancer the Winged, Hellfire, and Devil's Tongue variants of the Tiefling from the Swords Coast Adventurers Guide do not have any bonus attributes (with or without the Tasha's variant). As these variants only replace the Infernal Legacy trait, should they not have bonuses? Thanks.
I believe this is a bug between the Compendium and the 5G OGL Character Sheet for Ritual Spells. Ritual Spells brought over from the Compendium, either by dragging or selecting as part of the Charactermancer Level Up, have the R icon (correctly indicating Ritual), but they do not have the Ritual checkbox selected.&nbsp; This causes them to decrement the Spell Slots when using Spell Slot Tracking with the 5G OGL Companion Script. If you check the Ritual box, Spell Tracking works correctly.&nbsp; And if you then uncheck the Ritual box, it removes the R icon.&nbsp; Perhaps, this is by design, although I'm not sure why.&nbsp; Ritual Spells should have the Ritual tag checked by default.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmm. that's an interesting discussion to have. It might come down to individual play preferences, whether ritual should be the default, or an option. Or are you saying that the ritual marker is displayed incorrectly upon drop, and toggling it fixes it? that does sound like a glitch.
Yes.&nbsp; When dropped, the R icon shows up (indicating it is a ritual spell), but the ritual box is not checked.&nbsp; This is inconsistent and confusing.&nbsp; The R icon should match the state of the Ritual checkbox field when dropped onto the character sheet.&nbsp; It would argue toggled ON would be the better option, since many classes (Cleric, Druid, Wizard) have access to Ritual Spells and it changes their Prepared Spells/Spell Slots calculations.&nbsp; Other classes like Arcane Trickster could toggle the Ritual Off. keithcurtis said: Hmm. that's an interesting discussion to have. It might come down to individual play preferences, whether ritual should be the default, or an option. Or are you saying that the ritual marker is displayed incorrectly upon drop, and toggling it fixes it? that does sound like a glitch.

Edited 1620325117
I don't believe it to be a glitch. Just because a spell has the ritual tag doesn't mean that it has to be cast as a ritual. Once you "learn" the spell, if you want to cast it as a ritual then you check the ritual box. There are reasons why a character may not want to cast a spell as a ritual: you can't upcast a ritual spell, and it takes 10 minutes instead of "1 action". And, just because a spell has the ritual tag, doesn't mean that it can be cast as a ritual.&nbsp;To cast a spell as a ritual, a spellcaster must have a feature that grants the ability to do so. The cleric and the druid, for example, have such a feature. Matt M. said: Yes.&nbsp; When dropped, the R icon shows up (indicating it is a ritual spell), but the ritual box is not checked.&nbsp; This is inconsistent and confusing.&nbsp; The R icon should match the state of the Ritual checkbox field when dropped onto the character sheet.&nbsp; It would argue toggled ON would be the better option, since many classes (Cleric, Druid, Wizard) have access to Ritual Spells and it changes their Prepared Spells/Spell Slots calculations.&nbsp; Other classes like Arcane Trickster could toggle the Ritual Off. keithcurtis said: Hmm. that's an interesting discussion to have. It might come down to individual play preferences, whether ritual should be the default, or an option. Or are you saying that the ritual marker is displayed incorrectly upon drop, and toggling it fixes it? that does sound like a glitch.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
But the symbol toggles on and off whenever the checkbox is toggled. It should either: Always be on, indicating that the spell can be cast as a ritual, or toggle with the checkbox like it does now, but drop onto the sheet correctly toggled. in most cases, I'd rather the symbol always be on, and click to cast if using a slot, or click the spellcard output if being cast as a ritual. But there are some cases where classes or magic items might give you the option to only cast as a ritual. As it stands, I think the current behavior is workable in the majority of cases if the player is aware when to cast and when to display.
Something I know that's been mentioned before but I'd like to mention again. A way to turn off the coin weight for the character sheet while still tracking the weight of everything else would be greatly appreciated.
You should be able to make the sheet ignore the weights by adding an innocuous non-numeric character to the front of the coin count to cause the computer to think it's a character string (which will have a value of zero) rather than a number.&nbsp; I've successfully done this with actual equipment weights of things I have in a bag of holding to make the weight computation ignore them.&nbsp; You might need to play around a little with the specific non-numeric character; I used an asterisk(*), but there's no reason to believe that's the only possible choice if you want something typographically smaller.
Hi. So the monster sheet Fey Lady, Queen of the Night and Magic from D&amp;D 5e of Kobold press doesn't show most of the spells it says she has on her sheet. The spells arent dragged to her sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is a known situation with many Kobold Press offerings. It is my understanding that KP does their own conversions. I know they have been made aware of the situation, but I'm sure a reminder to them couldn't hurt.
Hi Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but is there a way to shrink the text size in certain boxes on my characters sheet? For example so I could fit "Walk: 30 ft" in my speed with it all being visible? Or another example "Ring of Obscuring charges" as a class resource box?
What does the HP MODIFIERS option in the ATTRIBUTE OPTIONS section of the settings page do? I though I could use it to track reductions to maximum hit poits from effects like a Night Hag's Nightmare Haunting, but it seems to do nothing.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Will G. said: Hi Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but is there a way to shrink the text size in certain boxes on my characters sheet? For example so I could fit "Walk: 30 ft" in my speed with it all being visible? Or another example "Ring of Obscuring charges" as a class resource box? To my knowledge, the text in character sheet fields is plain text, and cannot be styled HTML like in the bio section.
keithcurtis said: To my knowledge, the text in character sheet fields is plain text, and cannot be styled HTML like in the bio section. Okay, thanks for letting me know!

Edited 1621247411
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Will G. said: keithcurtis said: To my knowledge, the text in character sheet fields is plain text, and cannot be styled HTML like in the bio section. Okay, thanks for letting me know! Unless you want to go the Stylus route, of course. The changes would only be visible in your own browser, but you can change any aspect of the character sheet you like. To avoid derailing this thread, throw a new post up in the Stylus one linked above if you'd like to go down that path - someone can help you out with the CSS selectors you need.

Edited 1621291097
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I have run into an issue with the lazy-loading of NPC character sheets (since the sanitization change on character sheets). It occurred while I was loading all the character sheets for a game to make sure I checked them all for errors without skipping any. If you open a lot of character sheets in succession, the ones that are opened later load the NPC trait labels, but the text of the traits does not load. If the character sheet is loaded on its own, the text shows up. Once the character sheet has loaded successfully, it will continue to do so, even if it is loaded at the end of a string of character sheets.
Another problem I've had with NPC character sheets recently is that editing them becomes an adventure. If I try to add a trait, or edit the traits, when there is more than one trait, it's hard to edit. If I click to edit the 1st trait (for example) the box for the 2nd trait opens.&nbsp; If I try to click the 2nd trait, the 1st trait opens for editing.&nbsp;
Hey everyone, In a very overdue move, we're closing this thread (from Q12020) and have created a new thread here .