Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A better way to organize pages.

Coryphon
Pro
Sheet Author
+1
+1
srsly ppl.... 7 Years?... 
+1 would love this feature.
+1
+1 Please...
+1
+1 because gosh dang it we deserve folders!
+1
+1
+1

Edited 1650056426
+1 Hell yeah! Much is needed when it comes to organizing maps.
+1
+1

Edited 1650649370
+1, disappointing something like this hasn't been added. Going through maps when you have more than a handful quickly becomes a pain.  I've read posts on other forums and sites asking or checking for something like this dating back 7 years. The only alternative I found was a browser extension on chrome that Roll20 immediately removed. 
+1
+1
+1
+1
+1!
+1 to this!
+1
+1
+1
You know... I think this is the last remaining issue that keeps me from saying "Roll20 is the best!" It's functionally unbearable when you have a big adventure arc, and you have 50, 60, or more maps. I have 4 maps just for my party's 'home base' alone! I have my regional map, local city maps, and location maps. Dungeons. Encounters.  The current 'page toolbar' format is unsustainable. 
Hey, make it happen already. I make maps and it'd be much appreciated to have folders to organize them in instead of killing pacing trying to get everything shifted over. +1
+1
+1. Please. It was fine before I had a lot of maps but the campaign is growing and scrolling through them is getting increasingly irritating.
Sigh. I could really use this feature right now .

Edited 1651548553
Although there is no specific timetable, a recent Roll20 blog post indicates that map/page folders are on the list of things to do. So things are looking better.
+1 I have a campaign with over 50 maps and though I can rearrange them, folders would be far superior and easier to manage!
+1
+1
1++ (!) I tend to have campaigns that grow and grow, and just as I subdivide my handout folders and jukebox music, being able to cleanly demarcate my pages would be AMAZING. It's the only feature I find myself always craving. :-) 
This thread is still active after 7 years. If that doesn't make it clear how much this is needed, nothing will.

Edited 1652335936
G M
Plus
+1. Please make this happen. Thank you.
+1
+1 This issue is the #1 reason I still look for other online gaming platforms.
+1, been waiting for this feature for 4 years. I have a big world and I want to be able to organize my battle maps.
Ashton
Forum Champion
Compendium Curator
Time for an update: we’ve announced that a better way to organize pages is on its way! As part of our initiative to release five of the top 10 Suggestions & Ideas blog post we gave the following detail, “Coming in at #4, this change is part of a planned suite of improvements to make the VTT more intuitive to use both as a GM and player. Navigating from dungeon to dungeon, across planes, and splitting the party will be easier than ever. We showed you a design for this at Roll20Con, and we’ve started over to incorporate your feedback and other UI improvements.” Those UI changes will start rolling out this fall.
Thank Bahamut
Yay!  Thanks for the update!
+1
+1 I remember thinking years ago when I first played around with Roll20 that this should be implemented. It's good to hear it will finally be making it's way to the VTT.
+1 This would be such an amazing feature for us Roll20-dedicatd forever GM's.
+1
+1 and how is this not a thing yet? It's been 7 years since it was suggested
+1 I just want to be able to put my maps into folders
+1 I already have 30+ maps in my current campaign and many more to add. Being able to organise them with folders or list them out would be a huge quality of life upgrade
+1