Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 3.5 Sheet upgrade

Edited 1656059383
Hey Hoyer :) I can't find the macros for the Turning Undead ability. The 3 available under the fields don't have any text to modify, but when I use the Full Turning Check I get this: Could you tell me where to modify this text please?

Edited 1659554606
TheGamer said: Time to edit the macros then, btw Hoyer I noticed that in the end you didn't add the global attack modifier or the ability to add custom fields. It wasn't possible to add them? Yes, i have not released this feature because the new version of the weapon section it's not trivial for the user. If there are no problem in a week, i release the others features

Edited 1659554594
Eradan said: Hey Hoyer :) I can't find the macros for the Turning Undead ability. The 3 available under the fields don't have any text to modify, but when I use the Full Turning Check I get this: Could you tell me where to modify this text please? Do you want modify the roll tempate, not the macro, isn't it? At this moment you can't , but i could add a specific filed.
If the roll template is the flavor text around the calculation, then that's what I want to modify :)
One more request: would it be possible to add in the Default Sheet Settings the possibility to choose between Damage fields united and Damage fields splitted?

Edited 1659554583
Eradan said: One more request: would it be possible to add in the Default Sheet Settings the possibility to choose between Damage fields united and Damage fields splitted? Hi Eradan I added this configuration to the Default Sheet setting. Eradan said: If the roll template is the flavor text around the calculation, then that's what I want to modify :) I modified the current DnD35TurnRoll: now there are two new fileds descMaxHD and descNumHD, and if you populate them you can override the standard description.  I also add the description of this template in the "Roll Template" section, could you tell me if it's clear?

Edited 1659554617
TheGamer said: Time to edit the macros then, btw Hoyer I noticed that in the end you didn't add the global attack modifier or the ability to add custom fields. It wasn't possible to add them? Hi TheGamer, i created two new fields: global attack bonus and global damage bonus in both PC and NPC sheet.
I added a specific section, in the Spell tab, for the domains.

Edited 1659554631
TheGamer said: It may feel a little convoluted but I think that having all the options will be the best in the long run, as soon as the users get the hang of the new system everything should be fine with the added benefit that this implementation won't break existing sheets. Do you have any ETA for the final release? (btw please consider my original request to add a button somewhere in the main page to create custom uniquely named fields maybe with a layout like this) Hi TheGamer, now I'm going to add this feature, I have a question: where did you copy this screenshot?   Is this feature already present in another sheet? I'm sorry but I don't think it's possible create a dynamically ad attribute with a specific name, like the button "+Add" in the tab "Attributes & Abilities". It's only possible create a list of attributes with the same name, for example in the "Spell Section" you can add several spells and every spells has the attribute name (spellName01); you can use this attribute in two different ways: in a macro at the "same level" of the attribute (for example if you use the button to call the macro at the same row of the spell list) you can use his base name @{spellname01}; or you can use this attribute outside this section, but it's not easy, because you must use the full qualified name "repeating_spells01_#_spellname01" but # is a variable value like this "-N8Z7Iy6FH5V4OG1mPnV". I can create a dynamic table with three fields "filed_value", "filed_note" and "filed_id": the first contains the value, the second some notes, and the third is the id that you should use in your macro for example "repeating_customfiled_ -N8Z7Iy6FH5V4OG1mPnV_customvalue ".
Tancredi M said: Hi Hoyer, do you think would be possibile to add a stat modifier menu next to the magic items slots so that for example if i had a waist STR +1 i can recall that value in my ability scores maybe under Misc or temp? Cheers Hi Tancredi, I created a specific filed in the Ability table "Equi", here you can register the bonus/malus obtained from items; and this filed is also present in near the "Magic Items Slots" table.
Hoyer said: Eradan said: One more request: would it be possible to add in the Default Sheet Settings the possibility to choose between Damage fields united and Damage fields splitted? Hi Eradan I added this configuration to the Default Sheet setting. Eradan said: If the roll template is the flavor text around the calculation, then that's what I want to modify :) I modified the current DnD35TurnRoll: now there are two new fileds descMaxHD and descNumHD, and if you populate them you can override the standard description.  I also add the description of this template in the "Roll Template" section, could you tell me if it's clear? Thanks for the new fields for turning :) I'm sorry, but I don't see the configuration option, is there something I should do, or is it somewhere else?

Edited 1659566322
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Default Settings are found on the Game Settings Page from outside the game and are only accessible by the game's creator.
That's where I took the capture you see in my message, so I guess there's a problem.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Sorry Eradan.&nbsp; I thought you didn't know where they were located. Doesn't look like the update has been merged yet.&nbsp; Probably tomorrow or Friday <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/10875" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/10875</a>
Thanks for the info :)
All new features are now active.
I've successfully modified the Turn Undead flavor text, the example was perfectly clear. Thanks :)
Bug report: If the Global Attack Bonus and Global Damage Bonus are left empty, the weapon macros return 0 for all calculations.
Eradan said: Bug report: If the Global Attack Bonus and Global Damage Bonus are left empty, the weapon macros return 0 for all calculations. Thanks, I have already received this&nbsp;this notification&nbsp;(directly on GitHub), and I have modified both fields, now the default valued is 0.&nbsp; &nbsp;In a few days will be active.
I would suggest&nbsp; macro's for two weapon fighting.. and flurries of blows... but if you do... TEST repeatably please! also barbarian rage macro would be nice
WHY is there a global attack/damage bonus in 3.5?&nbsp; I have been running 3.5 for decades, and never heard of such a thing.
To Quote an earlier post, on an earlier thread: " We should not be responsible for finding work-arounds to your screw ups because you're out of touch with how these sheets are actually used.&nbsp; Please stop acting like the victims of your "upgrades" are somehow to blame because we're using the sheet in a way you don't." I started a game with my players this morning, and low &amp; behold, the attack macros had been revised, with no notice. We spent 20 min of game time trying to find out WHY the attack &amp; damage rolls were broken, and we discover this new function "Global Attack/Damage" on our sheets. We don't have time to check out the sheets line by line before we start playing to see what new functions you have implemented. You've made enough changes Diane's creation to merit its' own version, so c reate your own sheet &amp; return Diane's original to how it was; then you can fiddle with your special sheet to your hearts' content. And stop causing chaos in other people's games, please.
Hi Sean T. and Michael S., I try to give a single answer. I added these two new fields because some players have asked me to.&nbsp; &nbsp;I think the idea behind this request is this: there are some bonus, for example "Inspire Courage",&nbsp;that you can apply to all "weapon" so you can use this field without add this bonus at every attacks. If you don't wont use it, there is no problem, again: some players&nbsp;wanted them.&nbsp; &nbsp;This not was my idea, but I think it was a good idea. You can simply ignore these fields. You should not confuse this new feature with my mistake: In this situation, your problem is that I forgot to initialize the fields.&nbsp; &nbsp;I'm sorry for this.
Doug said: I would suggest&nbsp; macro's for two weapon fighting.. and flurries of blows... but if you do... TEST repeatably please! also barbarian rage macro would be nice Hi Doug, I don't know if it's possible, this section it's very complex.&nbsp; &nbsp;However we can try. The main problem&nbsp;is that I do not know how to implement the&nbsp; macro of&nbsp; flurries of blows: when I create a monk I modify the "full attack" macro. Do you have any ideas? About the rage: in these days I'm implementing a new section and here you can manage the rage too. In general if someone ask me a new feature, then I ask him to test it with me.&nbsp;
I no longer trust the integrity of the character record sheets.&nbsp; Literally every game something additional is wrong with the macros.&nbsp; I am with Sean here--please separate the version you are working from the original--and working--version of the record sheet.&nbsp; Let the rest of the 3.5 community have the option to use the older sheets, rather than forcing us to play with these ever changing, ever breaking sheets.
Hoyer, I think you didn't clearly read or understand my my comment; there was no way for us to ignore your code addition. When we launched the game, opened our sheets, and began engaging in combat, the macros didn't work. We, of course, had no idea why this was happening, and had to stop our game for about 20 minutes to find out what the issue was - and try to find a workaround. We hadn't done anything more than open our sheets - and the attack macro function was broken;&nbsp; We had no way to option out , one way or the other. We have an international team of players, and time is EXTREMELY important and limited, due to time zone considerations; we don't have the time to sort out this kind of sudden loss of functionality due to your actions. I had been doing prep for this game earlier in this week, testing various token abilities in combat, etc, and did not run into this in any of my previous test runs.. I've been speaking with Roll20 support about this recurring issue with your changes and their effects, and they confirm that your changes don't merit the awarding of a new character sheet version; I think it became clear to me why. Visually , there is no difference between Diane P.'s original working (if a bit clunky) version, and your "upgrades" - even though you have substantially changed what the sheet does - the appearance is the same. You have the coding ability to make the changes for the macros and add abilities and changes, but not, apparently the ability to make a new character sheet layout design. If you did that, I think the Roll20 Team would have no issues in granting you a new character sheet version &amp; we won't have to deal with sudden losses in function because of your "improvements" while we are playing on Roll20.&nbsp;
Michael S. &nbsp;said: I no longer trust the integrity of the character record sheets.&nbsp; Literally every game something additional is wrong with the macros.&nbsp; I am with Sean here--please separate the version you are working from the original--and working--version of the record sheet.&nbsp; Let the rest of the 3.5 community have the option to use the older sheets, rather than forcing us to play with these ever changing, ever breaking sheets. Forgive me Michael, but I never say that there are no problems, please read this post: Hoyer said: Eradan said: Bug report: If the Global Attack Bonus and Global Damage Bonus are left empty, the weapon macros return 0 for all calculations. Thanks, I have already received this&nbsp;this notification&nbsp;(directly on GitHub), and I have modified both fields, now the default valued is 0.&nbsp; &nbsp;In a few days will be active. I released&nbsp;this change 5 days ago, 4 days ago I received notification of the error and I fixed within&nbsp;a few hours and I asked to Roll20 to release my fix; but now I have to wait because the Roll20 system only activates all new changes on predefined days. I made a mistake because i didn't test enough this change, I'm sorry for this.&nbsp; &nbsp;But within few days will be fixed. Probably you did't read all previous post, but read at least this&nbsp; Post &nbsp;and the next one:&nbsp;i wanted to create my own sheet and keep the old version, but is not possible.
I received an email from Roll20, my fix is active, please could you check if these two fields have a default value, and if the macros now work fine?
Sean T. said: Hoyer, I think you didn't clearly read or understand my my comment; there was no way for us to ignore your code addition. When we launched the game, opened our sheets, and began engaging in combat, the macros didn't work. We, of course, had no idea why this was happening, and had to stop our game for about 20 minutes to find out what the issue was - and try to find a workaround. We hadn't done anything more than open our sheets - and the attack macro function was broken;&nbsp; We had no way to option out , one way or the other. We have an international team of players, and time is EXTREMELY important and limited, due to time zone considerations; we don't have the time to sort out this kind of sudden loss of functionality due to your actions. I had been doing prep for this game earlier in this week, testing various token abilities in combat, etc, and did not run into this in any of my previous test runs.. I've been speaking with Roll20 support about this recurring issue with your changes and their effects, and they confirm that your changes don't merit the awarding of a new character sheet version; I think it became clear to me why. Visually , there is no difference between Diane P.'s original working (if a bit clunky) version, and your "upgrades" - even though you have substantially changed what the sheet does - the appearance is the same. You have the coding ability to make the changes for the macros and add abilities and changes, but not, apparently the ability to make a new character sheet layout design. If you did that, I think the Roll20 Team would have no issues in granting you a new character sheet version &amp; we won't have to deal with sudden losses in function because of your "improvements" while we are playing on Roll20.&nbsp; I understand your previous message, and first of all, again I'm really sorry for all these problems, really.&nbsp; &nbsp;I want to improve your gaming experience, not ruin it. if it were possible to have my version of the sheet, I would do so immediately.&nbsp; &nbsp;I could rebuild the sheet from scratch, It took me some months, but it's possible, probably the look&amp;feel will be quite similar because it would still be a sheet of D&amp;D 3.5.... but the system only accepts one sheet per RPG. However I'm adding the last feature, this is a new tab, and will be completed in one or two weeks.&nbsp; &nbsp;After that, from my point of view, the sheet will be completed.&nbsp; &nbsp;I created a new tab so if you don't like it, you can ignore it.
Hoyer said: I received an email from Roll20, my fix is active, please could you check if these two fields have a default value, and if the macros now work fine? Good for me. Can we have the Skin color field back please?
It is still broken one year into this train wreck, just for the record.&nbsp; Hoyer,&nbsp; You point out that to you and "other players" find these changes are necessary. After spending about two (2) hours reviewing the 3.5 character sheets references in these forums, I do not find that true. Would you please link some of the examples of community input in these forums that Diana P. did not address?&nbsp; Hoyer &nbsp;said: Mikaluka &nbsp;said: A change to the community sheet is unnecessary and unsolicited. I disagree with you, I'm sorry but that's not true, for me and other players it's necessary. But I understand your frustration, and I understand that you are an "old" player and don't want to change for several reasons. Please read my last post: Hoyer &nbsp;said: I sent the new version of this section, in a few days will be active: now you can choose your favorite version, moreover if you start to use one version and thad you want try the other one, all data are copied between the two sections. Here you can find a preview:&nbsp; Test sheet The change is already done, we have to wait for the staff to make it active. Thank you for placing the toggle to return the original format, which was stable for approximately six (6) years in my personal experience. However, I'm disappointed that to continue moving forward on my own game, I would have to customize the sheet under my pro status, a step you could have undertaken and not affected my and others' games as cited above in this forum.&nbsp; Thank you in advance for your input and replies.&nbsp;

Edited 1660158401
Hi Mikaluka,&nbsp; In this thread there are a lot of posts, even for me it's very difficult track all request and I had to create a document to save all the links to the posts. Add a Domain section &nbsp;(done) Manage status modifiers &nbsp;(work in progress) Add a "global modifier" for skills &nbsp;(done) Add global modifier attack &nbsp;(done) Manage speed different from 30ft &nbsp;(done) Add dark mode &nbsp;(evaluating) Add slot list for magic items &nbsp;(done) Add stats modifier near magic item slots &nbsp;(done) Add more slots for class/level &nbsp;(done) Split damage in two textfields for die amount and die size respectively and add a filed for variable damage (done):&nbsp; i read this suggestion in on the Roll20's space on Github, this is the original post: moreover is was a suggestion to solve a problem of the new macro&nbsp; two damage fields There are also several posts where other players say they like these changes. If you want I can try to integrate your version in the main sheet, o I can to solve some of your problems, may be we can do this together.
Eradan said: Can we have the Skin color field back please? I don't know.... I have to do some test.

Edited 1660165054
Mikaluka said: It is still broken one year into this train wreck, just for the record.&nbsp; Hoyer,&nbsp; You point out that to you and "other players" find these changes are necessary. After spending about two (2) hours reviewing the 3.5 character sheets references in these forums, I do not find that true. Would you please link some of the examples of community input in these forums that Diana P. did not address?&nbsp; Hoyer &nbsp;said: Mikaluka &nbsp;said: A change to the community sheet is unnecessary and unsolicited. I disagree with you, I'm sorry but that's not true, for me and other players it's necessary. But I understand your frustration, and I understand that you are an "old" player and don't want to change for several reasons. Please read my last post: Hoyer &nbsp;said: I sent the new version of this section, in a few days will be active: now you can choose your favorite version, moreover if you start to use one version and thad you want try the other one, all data are copied between the two sections. Here you can find a preview:&nbsp; Test sheet The change is already done, we have to wait for the staff to make it active. Thank you for placing the toggle to return the original format, which was stable for approximately six (6) years in my personal experience. However, I'm disappointed that to continue moving forward on my own game, I would have to customize the sheet under my pro status, a step you could have undertaken and not affected my and others' games as cited above in this forum.&nbsp; Thank you in advance for your input and replies.&nbsp; Broken for you maybe, but not for me. The few problems I've had with the updates have been fixed to my satisfaction, and there was no loss of data. Now to address your affirmation that the changes haven't been necessary, here is a list of all changes (as far as I know, I may have missed some) compiled from this thread: - new class section where specify each levels/dv type/hp for all classes and prestige classes(PC and NPC sheet); - new Turn Undead section: under the section "Skills" there are two ability "Turning check" and "Turning damage" (PC sheet); - added combo box "Wisper GM" in Skills section: id you select "Yes" the ability check is "whispered to GM" (/w gm) (PC sheet); - new Spell section: for divine and arcane spells is now possible add all spell stats (like range, duration, ...) (PC sheet); - add new section for Psionic Powers (PC sheet); - add new section per Warlock Invocations (PC sheet); - add new section for Maneuvers and Stances (Tome of the battle) (PC sheet); - add a specific section for spell-like abilities (PC sheet); - new tab "Summon", here you can add all your familiars, favored shapes, special mount, or something else (PC sheet); - new field for damage (PC and NPC sheet); - new filed for variable damage (like snake attack) (PC and NPC sheet). - Add ECL, HD and HP with check box to enable auto calc ECL/HD/HP total - Add actions in Spell Section: Reset Used Spells, Reset Prepared Spells, Print Available Spells, Reset Readied Maneuvers, Reset Granted Maneuvers, Grant Maneuver - Domain checkbox (requested by&nbsp;beardymagics and Nick S.); - add note to macro as requested by Menat - Magic item slot, below the magic item text area; (requested by Cicero) - Add a custom speed filed (read from the main section) in encumbrance table ; (requested by Keith) - Add length unit conversion like weight unit - add a space for domains; - add attribute modifier below the "Magic Items Slots". - now there are two new fileds descMaxHD and descNumHD, and if you populate them you can override the standard description. (requested by Eradan) - Add Global Attack Bonus and Global Damage Bonus fields (requested by TheGamer) So that's at least 6 changes requested by 7 different people. And of all those changes, I personally see those as a good thing that was either missing or not properly implemented on the original version of the sheet: - new class section where specify each levels/dv type/hp for all classes and prestige classes(PC and NPC sheet); - new Turn Undead section: under the section "Skills" there are two ability "Turning check" and "Turning damage" (PC sheet); - added combo box "Wisper GM" in Skills section: id you select "Yes" the ability check is "whispered to GM" (/w gm) (PC sheet); - new Spell section: for divine and arcane spells is now possible add all spell stats (like range, duration, ...) (PC sheet); - add a specific section for spell-like abilities (PC sheet); - new field for damage (PC and NPC sheet); - new filed for variable damage (like snake attack) (PC and NPC sheet). - Add ECL, HD and HP with check box to enable auto calc ECL/HD/HP total - Add actions in Spell Section: Reset Used Spells, Reset Prepared Spells, Print Available Spells, Reset Readied Maneuvers, Reset Granted Maneuvers, Grant Maneuver, Domain checkbox - add note to macro as requested by Menat - Magic item slot, below the magic item text area; (requested by Cicero) - Add a custom speed filed (read from the main section) in encumbrance table ; (requested by Keith) - Add length unit conversion like weight unit - add a space for domains; - add attribute modifier below the "Magic Items Slots". - now there are two new fileds descMaxHD and descNumHD, and if you populate them you can override the standard description. That's all of them but 3. And each time I've had a problem with an update, Hoyer was ready to discuss how to fix it, as can be seen with the whole damage and crit calculation exchange from last Spring. So far, of the 48 people (not counting Hoyer of course) that posted in this thread, only 6 (8 if you count the 'please make another sheet' requests) have asked for a full rollback. So there is clearly more positive than negative feedback. If you still wish to get the old sheet back, there's an easy solution: fork Roll20's github repo and revert all the changes that were made during the last year. The first change by Hoyer was on 07/13/21. And if you still want to complain because a new sheet wasn't&nbsp;made, I'll remind you that Roll20's staff are the ones refusing to allow it. Go complain to them instead of polluting this thread with reposts of one-year old messages.
Regardless, the sheets ARE STILL WORSE THAN THEY WERE.&nbsp; Accusing others of 'polluting the thread' is not helpful. Example: full attack macro--used to work like a champ.&nbsp; Now, to hit and damage for A2/D2 and beyond just regurgitate the A1/D1 rolls.&nbsp; The 'example' on the CRS is even worse.&nbsp; Generates nothing but zeroes.&nbsp; Let's focus on getting the basics fixed, and then worry about the nice to haves.&nbsp; If my players don't feel confident that their efforts to smack monsters down with their weapons are being accurately generated, they won't have a good time. Now, on to things I would like to see: a simplified monster sheet; a separate feat tab; breakout the enhancement bonus on AC items (armor/shields). Finally, coordinate changes with the community.&nbsp; There is NOTHING more frustrating as a DM then to have to break character to take a look at someone's rolls to see what the hell went wrong.&nbsp; I want my games to flow, not constant stops and starts when the macros go wrong...again.
Michael S. said: Regardless, the sheets ARE STILL WORSE THAN THEY WERE.&nbsp; Accusing others of 'polluting the thread' is not helpful. Example: full attack macro--used to work like a champ.&nbsp; Now, to hit and damage for A2/D2 and beyond just regurgitate the A1/D1 rolls.&nbsp; The 'example' on the CRS is even worse.&nbsp; Generates nothing but zeroes.&nbsp; Let's focus on getting the basics fixed, and then worry about the nice to haves.&nbsp; If my players don't feel confident that their efforts to smack monsters down with their weapons are being accurately generated, they won't have a good time. Now, on to things I would like to see: a simplified monster sheet; a separate feat tab; breakout the enhancement bonus on AC items (armor/shields). Finally, coordinate changes with the community.&nbsp; There is NOTHING more frustrating as a DM then to have to break character to take a look at someone's rolls to see what the hell went wrong.&nbsp; I want my games to flow, not constant stops and starts when the macros go wrong...again. The full attack macro still works like it did. Here is an example of the old full attack macro that was modified from the basic template in December 2020 and came into play on 30/01/2021, long before Hoyer started to improve the sheet: &amp;{template:DnD35Attack} {{npcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attaque avec ses @{weapon1name} }} {{attack1=Le poing droit touche une CA de [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{fumbleroll=Fumble: [[ d20 ]] }} {{damage1=et inflige [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] dégâts }} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} {{fullattackflag= [[ ?{Full Attack?|No, 0d1|Yes, d1} ]] }} {{attack2=Le poing gauche touche une CA de [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage2=et inflige [[ @{weapon1damage} ]] dégâts }} {{critdmg2=+ [[ @{weapon1crit} ]] }} And here is the current full attack macro in its Single Roll/Reroll Critic/Damage Fields Splitted version, modified from the basic template on Sunday: &amp;{template:DnD35Attack} {{npcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=Attaque avec ses @{weapon1name} et ses @{weapon2name} }} {{attack1=Son premier sabot touche une CA de [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm1=Crit?: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage1=et inflige [[ @{weapon1damagesplitted} ]] dégâts}} {{critdmg1=+ [[ @{weapon1critrerollsplitted} ]] dégâts critiques}} {{fullattackflag= [[ d1 ]] }} {{attack2=Son second sabot touche une CA de [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{critconfirm2=Crit!: [[ @{weapon1attackcalc} ]] }} {{damage2=et inflige [[ @{weapon1damagesplitted} ]] dégâts}} {{critdmg2=+ [[ @{weapon1critrerollsplitted} ]] dégâts critiques}} {{notes=@{weapon1specialproperties} }} Except for the damage and crit variations (and you have toggles to go between variations), they're exactly the same. So if your full attack macros aren't working anymore, that's because you made a mistake while writing or modifying it. Now, what is it you're calling CRS?
Character Record Sheet
Now the attack and damage macros are fixed.&nbsp; &nbsp; If there are other problems tell me more detail so I can fix it. Michael S. said: Now, on to things I would like to see: a simplified monster sheet; a separate feat tab; breakout the enhancement bonus on AC items (armor/shields). I can implement all these features, but I need more details. a simplified monster sheet: in the NPC sheet there are all information to create a NPC/Monster, tell me&nbsp; which information I should remove, may be I can add a switch to hide this information o I can add a&nbsp;simplified version; a separate feat tab: a separate tab for feats seems excessive to me, exactly what do you have in mind? breakout the enhancement bonus on AC items: do you want a specific field for&nbsp;the enhancement bonus?
&nbsp;...but the system only accepts one sheet per RPG. Hoyer, this is incorrect &nbsp;- only duplicate &nbsp;sheets are not allowed. You can look at every other RPG and see that they have MULTIPLE different&nbsp; character sheets. The issue here is that there is no real difference in layout &amp; appearance between your version of Diane P.s sheet and the original version. This is the issue.
I would like to make Command Buttons for the Maneuvers in the Maneuvers sections of the Spells tab on Diana's 3.5 sheet. i can get the buttons, but when i click them they display the following error No ability was found for %{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_maneuvercast15} here the the code for the ability, yes i am using the Attributes and Abilities tab, and no matter what symbol i use i cannot get it to call the macro to use the maneuver command buttons: &amp;{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=Maneuver Options}} {{maneuver options=[sapphire nightmare blade](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_$0_maneuvercast15})&nbsp; [Punishing Stance](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_$1_maneuvercast15}) [Bolstering Voice](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_$2_maneuvercast15}) }} can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? i have looked the wiki up and down left to right and can't find anything that fixes this issue.
Hello.&nbsp; I've just started using Roll20 to run my campaign and I'm having trouble with the 3.5 character sheet.&nbsp; I keep trying to add in my players attributes but they keep getting deleted and will not transfer to the character sheet page.&nbsp; Also, the sheet seems to lock itself and I cannot re-enter the attributes again.&nbsp; I've tried looking through the wiki entry but I know nothing about programming language and I can't figure it out.&nbsp; What am I doing wrong? Thanks,
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Sean T. said: &nbsp;...but the system only accepts one sheet per RPG. Hoyer, this is incorrect &nbsp;- only duplicate &nbsp;sheets are not allowed. You can look at every other RPG and see that they have MULTIPLE different&nbsp; character sheets. The issue here is that there is no real difference in layout &amp; appearance between your version of Diane P.s sheet and the original version. This is the issue. And your statement is incorrect.&nbsp; Rules have changed over time.&nbsp; When their repo got so big that github won't even display all the listings on the page, they decided they really needed to curb how many sheets there are for a system.&nbsp; My current understanding is that they will allow an official and a community sheet for a particular system/edition.&nbsp; Still subject to change of course. Hoyer addressed that in a post near the beginning of this thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10284593/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10284593/</a>

Edited 1661758342
Knight General said: I would like to make Command Buttons for the Maneuvers in the Maneuvers sections of the Spells tab on Diana's 3.5 sheet. i can get the buttons, but when i click them they display the following error No ability was found for %{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_maneuvercast15} here the the code for the ability, yes i am using the Attributes and Abilities tab, and no matter what symbol i use i cannot get it to call the macro to use the maneuver command buttons: &amp;{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=Maneuver Options}} {{maneuver options=[sapphire nightmare blade](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_$0_maneuvercast15})&nbsp; [Punishing Stance](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_$1_maneuvercast15}) [Bolstering Voice](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_$2_maneuvercast15}) }} can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? i have looked the wiki up and down left to right and can't find anything that fixes this issue. I don't use maneuvers, but did you try to replace (!%{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_$1_maneuvercast15}) with (!@{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_$0_maneuvercast15}) ? When I do so, I only get those errors, which come from empty fields I think.

Edited 1661763093
Knight General said: I would like to make Command Buttons for the Maneuvers in the Maneuvers sections of the Spells tab on Diana's 3.5 sheet. i can get the buttons, but when i click them they display the following error No ability was found for %{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_maneuvercast15} here the the code for the ability, yes i am using the Attributes and Abilities tab, and no matter what symbol i use i cannot get it to call the macro to use the maneuver command buttons: &amp;{template:DnD35StdRoll} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=Maneuver Options}} {{maneuver options=[sapphire nightmare blade](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_$0_maneuvercast15})&nbsp; [Punishing Stance](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_$1_maneuvercast15}) [Bolstering Voice](!&amp;#13;&amp;#37;{Batta|repeating_maneuvers15_$2_maneuvercast15}) }} can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? i have looked the wiki up and down left to right and can't find anything that fixes this issue. Hi Knight General, I found an error in the title of the maneuver fields: the name of the repeating section is repeating_ spells15 and not repeating_ maneuvers15 . I'll fix it. Here an example:&nbsp; previous post
Alan B. said: Hello.&nbsp; I've just started using Roll20 to run my campaign and I'm having trouble with the 3.5 character sheet.&nbsp; I keep trying to add in my players attributes but they keep getting deleted and will not transfer to the character sheet page.&nbsp; Also, the sheet seems to lock itself and I cannot re-enter the attributes again.&nbsp; I've tried looking through the wiki entry but I know nothing about programming language and I can't figure it out.&nbsp; What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Hi Alan B, I am not sure I understand: are you trying to add a new attribute in the tab "Attributes &amp; Abilities"? I basically you should not add a new attribute in this section, but if you need a new specific attribute it's possible. However the new attributes will not be shown in the sheet, you can only use them in your custom macro or in the token. If my answer is not correct, could you post a screenshot of the problem?
Sean T. said: &nbsp;...but the system only accepts one sheet per RPG. Hoyer, this is incorrect &nbsp;- only duplicate &nbsp;sheets are not allowed. You can look at every other RPG and see that they have MULTIPLE different&nbsp; character sheets. The issue here is that there is no real difference in layout &amp; appearance between your version of Diane P.s sheet and the original version. This is the issue. No, this is not true: I don't want to create a new sheet from scratch only to change the look&amp;feel, it's not wise.... Diana made a great job, now I'm improving&nbsp;it. If it were possible have two sheet, with the same layout, from my side is not a problem duplicate the sheet.&nbsp; &nbsp;But as told you the Roll20 support, this is not possible.
@Hoyer thank you so much it works now.
There are currently 2 "ecumbrspeed30" automated fields that use the "speed" field as input. I think it would be better to make the left one into a base speed" field in which we can enter the base speed of the character, and change the "speed" field into an automated field showing the current speed (encumbrance included) so the Attributes tab shows the actual speed instead of the base speed. And, of course, a "Skin" or "Color" field near the "Eyes" and "Hair" ones. Those two don't need to be that large.
Kraynic said: Sean T. said: &nbsp;...but the system only accepts one sheet per RPG. Hoyer, this is incorrect &nbsp;- only duplicate &nbsp;sheets are not allowed. You can look at every other RPG and see that they have MULTIPLE different&nbsp; character sheets. The issue here is that there is no real difference in layout &amp; appearance between your version of Diane P.s sheet and the original version. This is the issue. And your statement is incorrect.&nbsp; Rules have changed over time.&nbsp; When their repo got so big that github won't even display all the listings on the page, they decided they really needed to curb how many sheets there are for a system.&nbsp; My current understanding is that they will allow an official and a community sheet for a particular system/edition.&nbsp; Still subject to change of course. Hoyer addressed that in a post near the beginning of this thread: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10284593/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10284593/</a> It seems the rules have changed again - in my communication with Roll20 Support, they said: Your request (97612) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email. Hello, Thanks for reaching out and I am sorry to hear that this is causing disruptions to your players and games. As it stands, our development team does not consider the sheet sufficiently unique to warrant a new version. Therefore, back to my point - if the sheet is unique enough, it gets to have it's own version - and I have been STRESSING THIS since the beginning of Hoyer's work.
Sean T. said: It seems the rules have changed again - in my communication with Roll20 Support, they said: Your request (97612) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email. Hello, Thanks for reaching out and I am sorry to hear that this is causing disruptions to your players and games. As it stands, our development team does not consider the sheet sufficiently unique to warrant a new version. Therefore, back to my point - if the sheet is unique enough, it gets to have it's own version - and I have been STRESSING THIS since the beginning of Hoyer's work. For your statement to be valid, your definition of unique would need to be the same as the Roll20 team's. You haven't proven that is the case yet.