Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A better way to organize pages.

+1
+1
I know other have said this before, so this'll just be a reiteration. It would be great to organize my maps by location. I.E. Elioes Station, Elioes Station-Command Deck. Koh'al City, Koh'al City- District 7. I see that this is in Queue so here's hoping. As an aside I am really wondering what the back end looks like given it appears to have difficulty modifying and configuring.
+1 Please, its taking away from game time and halts the game (even for just a lil bit) whenever I go ".. and after you descend the cave, you seeeeee.... *as i scroll frantically trying to locate the specific maps*" I know a solution to this is just to delete past maps already used, but i like keeping generic maps that i can just throw in for a random encounter. Add that to the fact that I like to show art on a page as i describe the scenery.

Edited 1676594355
So Roll20 said back in April of last year , they'd be addressing this problem. As the originator of this EIGHT YEAR OLD thread--and it has been queued for nearly four years--I hope they deal with it soon. I can sympathize. Also, as a stopgap workaround, I recommend this browser plugin to make Roll20 map pages and other stuff more manageable. D G. said: I know other have said this before, so this'll just be a reiteration. It would be great to organize my maps by location. I.E. Elioes Station, Elioes Station-Command Deck. Koh'al City, Koh'al City- District 7. I see that this is in Queue so here's hoping.
+1
+1 from me as well, at the moment managing maps can be quite time consuming! I would love to have a folder for battle maps, areas etcetera
+1
+1
+1 i have nearly 90 maps in my campaign alone. This is insane.
+1
+1 My campaign is 2 years old and I have so many screens it's absurd.
I just deleted a bunch of my maps because I was tired if scrolling to find my maps. I would love a folders for my regions and city's. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
David D. said: I just deleted a bunch of my maps because I was tired if scrolling to find my maps. I would love a folders for my regions and city's.  Did you save them in another game first?  You have a pro subscription.  I have "games" categorized that are specifically for map storage with names like City Buildings Library, Underground Maps Library, or Winter Maps Library.  The transmogrifier leaves all the settings and dynamic lighting intact, so moving them into a game when I need them is pretty simple as long as I have a good naming scheme for maps. So, while I might have a generic "City Crossroads", I can also have "Berilac's Workshop" or "Homesight Office of Numbers". The best thing about the transmogrifier is that it allows us to keep our games lean on data size.  I'm not saying a better organization method for maps wouldn't be handy, because it would.  Pro subscribers do have a means to manage maps through the transmogrifier though.  If you haven't used that tool for this sort of thing yet, you might consider giving it a try.
+1

Edited 1677997123
Kraynic said: David D. said: I just deleted a bunch of my maps because I was tired if scrolling to find my maps. I would love a folders for my regions and city's.  Did you save them in another game first?  You have a pro subscription.  I have "games" categorized that are specifically for map storage with names like City Buildings Library, Underground Maps Library, or Winter Maps Library.  The transmogrifier leaves all the settings and dynamic lighting intact, so moving them into a game when I need them is pretty simple as long as I have a good naming scheme for maps. So, while I might have a generic "City Crossroads", I can also have "Berilac's Workshop" or "Homesight Office of Numbers". The best thing about the transmogrifier is that it allows us to keep our games lean on data size.  I'm not saying a better organization method for maps wouldn't be handy, because it would.  Pro subscribers do have a means to manage maps through the transmogrifier though.  If you haven't used that tool for this sort of thing yet, you might consider giving it a try. This. Might not be exactly like his way, but I built my "Games" into modules / Arcs and "Random Encounter: Sea" "Random Encounter: Woods" "Random Encounter: Plains" type of "Games" with each page numbered to quickly roll a d20 and transmog it. My issues is moving handsouts. I use soo much handouts, xferring them not in a folder is a pain. 
+1
+1
It seems very cumbersome to me to create a whole new game and then use the transmogrifier just to organize the maps I have.  I mean, it works, after a fashion, but the best solution would be to keep it all under one game with subject and location folders. Kraynic said: Did you save them in another game first?  You have a pro subscription.  I have "games" categorized that are specifically for map storage with names like City Buildings Library, Underground Maps Library, or Winter Maps Library.  The transmogrifier leaves all the settings and dynamic lighting intact, so moving them into a game when I need them is pretty simple as long as I have a good naming scheme for maps. So, while I might have a generic "City Crossroads", I can also have "Berilac's Workshop" or "Homesight Office of Numbers". The best thing about the transmogrifier is that it allows us to keep our games lean on data size.  I'm not saying a better organization method for maps wouldn't be handy, because it would.  Pro subscribers do have a means to manage maps through the transmogrifier though.  If you haven't used that tool for this sort of thing yet, you might consider giving it a try.
+1
+1 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Mr. Farlops said: It seems very cumbersome to me to create a whole new game and then use the transmogrifier just to organize the maps I have.  I mean, it works, after a fashion, but the best solution would be to keep it all under one game with subject and location folders. I guess it will depend on how many games you are running.  If you are only running a single game and won't be reusing any (or many) of the same map pages, then creating other games to categorize your maps wouldn't be useful.  If you are running multiples with overlapping map needs, then it works out pretty well. 
With about 400ish games in my gamelist, all maps and journals definitely will never fit in a single game. As soon as the transmogrifier can import/remove a whole game like a game addon you will see how games will be the natural unit of organization. However... i could use a better way to organize games.
I'd still prefer to keep my whole campaign within one gamespace and have a proper way to organize maps. I'm a pro subscriber and run one game with a steady group of players. As the one who started this thread eight years ago, I'm adamant on this.
+1, this would be amazing
+1 PLEASE.
+1
This has been queued for four years? I hope that's not a sign this won't happen, because while my game is small (just me and four players), I have a lot of maps and being able to organize them in folders would be so so useful. My neurodivergent brain cries every time I see that scattered mess with no way to organize them. So +1 vote from me. Please, Roll20, this is a huge quality-of-life change for us GMs! Mr. Farlops said: So Roll20 said back in April of last year , they'd be addressing this problem. As the originator of this EIGHT YEAR OLD thread--and it has been queued for nearly four years--I hope they deal with it soon. I can sympathize. Also, as a stopgap workaround, I recommend this browser plugin to make Roll20 map pages and other stuff more manageable. D G. said: I know other have said this before, so this'll just be a reiteration. It would be great to organize my maps by location. I.E. Elioes Station, Elioes Station-Command Deck. Koh'al City, Koh'al City- District 7. I see that this is in Queue so here's hoping.
+1
+1
+1 Nice 1. Thanks
Believe me, I can sympathize. Yuuo said: This has been queued for four years?
Why are folders for the maps section such a complicated addition. Come on, 8 years is too long to have known about this issue and done nothing.
+1
+1
+ 1 
+1
+1
+1
+1 to grouping maps as a feature.
+1, would love folders for map pages
+1, would also love folders for map pages
How about getting round to fixing this. An eight year old issue must have made its way to high priority by now. You have 15 pages of people requesting something is done about it. Foundry VTT doesn't have this problem because the community provides solutions. Open up Roll20 to make use of this resource.
+1
+1
+1 This is getting pretty ridiculous. Add folders.
+1 lol EIGHT YEARS.
+1
I left Roll20 a few years ago and the #1 reason I left was the pace of development. I check in a couple of times a year to see how things are going. It is staggering how long this is taking. I don't have the background the to grasp all the issues, but this is a big deal. Better page organization was at the very top of my list. I hope they figure it out.