Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Post Your Macros Here, pt. 3!

Edited 1439675861
Actually some good timing Mark, I was just playing with your built-in macros just now. ^^ A new, UPDATED class action as well as weapon is below, using Mark's awesome ability macros. **READ ME!** These macros need to be customized per person, depending on the number of class actions and weapons you have.&nbsp; <a href="http://imgur.com/a/WD3w8#0" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/WD3w8#0</a> Also, Mark, what are the macros for the spellbook? Cantrips, Level 1, Level 2, etc.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Spellbook is repeating, so you can't call macros from it. If only making a query was as easy as referencing the name like buttons are. :(
Mark said: Spellbook is repeating, so you can't call macros from it. If only making a query was as easy as referencing the name like buttons are. :( Faaaaaa- x.x Yeah, no kidding right? xD If only those stupid brackets didn't glitch out as often as they did.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Benson Y. said: Actually some good timing Mark, I was just playing with your built-in macros just now. ^^ A new, UPDATED class action as well as weapon is below, using Mark's awesome ability macros. **READ ME!** These macros need to be customized per person, depending on the number of class actions and weapons you have.&nbsp; <a href="http://imgur.com/a/WD3w8#0" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/WD3w8#0</a> +1, ACB menus are an extremely useful tool to have.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Benson Y. said: Actually some good timing Mark, I was just playing with your built-in macros just now. ^^ A new, UPDATED class action as well as weapon is below, using Mark's awesome ability macros. <a href="http://imgur.com/a/WD3w8#0" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/WD3w8#0</a> I'm torn on this. I somewhat like dropdowns and somewhat like chat commands - neither are great TBH. Though I feel query dropdowns are better for set lists. I wonder if I could convert these to query macros. Or maybe you want to do so with save/check/skill as an example? :D

Edited 1439686629
Thanks Silvyre! ^^ Just sharin' what I have, I'm glad it helps ya out. Hm... I could definitely give it a shot. xD You mean to replicate the weapons and the class actions with the query, correct?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Benson Y. said: Hm... I could definitely give it a shot. xD You mean to replicate the weapons and the class actions with the query, correct? Yup. Would be cool to have it done.

Edited 1439687848
Here's a small step toward the right direction at least. xD It could later be put in a whisper to self and a template to look pretty. <a href="http://i.imgur.com/phRpHvd.png?1" rel="nofollow">http://i.imgur.com/phRpHvd.png?1</a> Something like that could later be used for DMs to store multiple buttons within, ex. Initiative, and maybe like a reaction-speed button to see who presses it first or whatever. It's not quite what I or probably you had in mind though, a single drop-down query that uses the weapons off the bat. I can play with it more when I get home later. ^^
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ya, I'd want one that uses the weapon off that bat. I may work on it next week if you don't finish it, but plz do so I can do other things. :P
Toothless the Night Fury said: Ed S. said: The stat being rolled for is displayed in my macro above here without the need for another query. It also displays the bonus, but you can't see because of the way highlighted characters are treated in the Roll Templates. Still it's pretty useful.&nbsp; Looks like this <a href="http://imgur.com/a/fnSpI#6" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/fnSpI#6</a> Same method I used in my Advanced 5E Macros, except with the Shaped Sheet, the highlighted box is not present, so it looks a TON cleaner. I found a problem with the script you are using in the link above, it doesn't work with negative modifiers. I did find that I could easily fix that by taking out the leading + symbol you have in front of each skill. It looks like this afterwards, so you don't get a plus, but the negative does work.&nbsp; Alternately you could move the + to before the query and then you have this, it's up to you.&nbsp;
I'm late to the party so I have been playing with the drop down menus. I was curious if it were possible to include IF/THEN statements within a macro, anyone know anything about this?

Edited 1439860644
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Cameron R. said: I'm late to the party so I have been playing with the drop down menus. I was curious if it were possible to include IF/THEN statements within a macro, anyone know anything about this? Is there anything in particular you'd like to accomplish? Regardless, as you are a Pro user, I'm going to strongly recommend that you look into PowerCards , with an emphasis on its Conditionals feature.

Edited 1439863647
Silvyre said: Is there anything in particular you'd like to accomplish? **Solved** Edit is at the bottom I was planning to use a drop down menu that would output in the format of Mark's shaped sheet template. More specifically, I have a drop down menu that asks for the title of the roll Ex: {{title=?{A, Title 1|B, Title 2}} After the menu's array I was thinking of attempting "If title=Title 1, then ({{freetext=Title 1 description}} {{subheader=Title 1 Subheader}}) Etc. Though after glancing around it appears that if/then statements are a long shot, I'm hardly familiar with how macros contain their scripts, I've only coded outside of Roll20 with hobbyist electronics. EDIT: I found a roundabout way of accomplishing what I wanted, I just learned that the names of a drop-down array can be re-used so that my "Then" statements can be added as a second array containing the same name as my "If". It's more work but it accomplishes exactly what I was looking for.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Here's a possible nudge in the right direction: &{template:5eDefault} ?{Options|A, {{title=Title 1&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{freetext=Title 1 description&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{subheader=Title 1 Subheader&amp;#125;&amp;#125;|B, {{title=Title 2&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{freetext=Title 2 description&amp;#125;&amp;#125; {{subheader=Title 2 Subheader&amp;#125;&amp;#125;} &amp;#125; is the HTML entity code for a closing brace and is necessary to use in order to prevent the roll query from ending prematurely.
Silvyre said: Here's a possible nudge in the right direction: &{template:5eDefault} ?{Options|A, {{title=Title 1&#125;&#125; {{freetext=Title 1 description&#125;&#125; {{subheader=Title 1 Subheader&#125;&#125;|B, {{title=Title 2&#125;&#125; {{freetext=Title 2 description&#125;&#125; {{subheader=Title 2 Subheader&#125;&#125;} &#125; is the HTML entity code for a closing brace and is necessary to use in order to prevent the roll query from ending prematurely. Perfect! That's exactly what I needed, thank you Silvyre!
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Great!
Oh I've seem to have run into a issue. The dropdown works great in testing, but once I save it and exit/re-join the &#125 turns back into brackets, causing the drop-down function to cease like it was originally.

Edited 1439869961
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Yes, I forgot to mention... When a General Macro is saved, HTML entities are converted, breaking macros that use them. If you are in the process of editing your macro, I recommend saving it as an Ability Macro, so that the entities will be preserved. Alternatively, you could "nest" a second "layer" of HTML entities within the macro such that, when the macro is saved as a General Macro, the second layer is converted, revealing the first. For example, you could further substitute & for &amp;amp; to accomplish this, like so: &{template:5eDefault} ?{Options|A, {{title=Title 1&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125; {{freetext=Title 1 description&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125; {{subheader=Title 1 Subheader&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125;|B, {{title=Title 2&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125; {{freetext=Title 2 description&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125; {{subheader=Title 2 Subheader&amp;amp;#125;&amp;amp;#125;}

Edited 1439886415
Are there any way to call a macro from&nbsp;a dropdown menu? I can not get this&nbsp;to work: &nbsp;?{Options|A, #ActionA|B, #ActionB}
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Sun said: Are they any way to call a macro from&nbsp;a dropdown menu? I can not get this&nbsp;to work: &nbsp;?{Options|A, #ActionA|B, #ActionB} Yes and no. Macros nested within roll queries are fully expanded before the query is executed. This becomes an issue (" order of operations " problem) if your macros contain certain items or characters. However, with the careful implementation of HTML entities, it would be possible to nest each of your individual macros within a single roll query.
Sun said: Are they any way to call a macro from&nbsp;a dropdown menu? I can not get this&nbsp;to work: &nbsp;?{Options|A, #ActionA|B, #ActionB} That is exactly what I was going to ask.&nbsp; If I knew more about HTML, I'd totally do it.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
If anyone's interested in nesting their macros within a roll query, I'd be happy to demonstrate what's required, given the relevant macros in full.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I do not believe that to be possible, else I wouldn't have rewritten the save, check, and skill macros in my roll query. I'd love to be proven otherwise.

Edited 1439881309
Sorry, the weapons query was a lot harder than I thought, I haven't finished it yet Mark. x.x If ya want to go take a shot at it, go ahead, I've been a tad busier than usual lately. I might try coding one up again though once some time frees up. ^^ The best way to CURRENTLY nest macros is via chat buttons, w/ an example above in my preview of Advanced 5E Macros 3.0. It's clunky as hell, as you'd need to select the query, THEN select the button though, so ew. I might work something out w/ a template macro and attributes, so players can easily tweak custom macro settings by modifying the Attributes on their character sheet, but still, clunky as hell. What were ya guys planning to do with those query macros? For the 5E sheet, saves, checks, and skills are done, and soon weapons. Spells can't be done (currently), but I'm seeing if there's a workaround. xP We could very well replicate it, if not come pretty darn close to what you want to do. Text with inline rolls is super super easy. Also, thanks for the catch Ed! I'll be sure to check up on that bug sometime, I swore negative modifiers worked last I checked. x.x
I was creating a quick drop-down menu to kick out combat conditions to the chat, such as poisoned, blinded, etc. I already got it working the first way I discovered, but it's double the code compared to what Silvyre showed me. I still haven't had a chance to test the &amp method yet.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Conditions are really just class actions. I've been mulling around an idea to add them to the sheet in a similar way.
Probably the best and easiest way to do it Cameron would be to plop all of the conditions on the Abilities tab on the character sheet (I like calling mine GM Macros). From there, you can set up the buttons from my preview link below and shoot it out as needed. ^^ I'd also tag in an image on the template as well as a target query to display to the chat who is affected. <a href="http://imgur.com/a/WD3w8#0" rel="nofollow">http://imgur.com/a/WD3w8#0</a>

Edited 1439887533
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Toothless the Night Fury said: It's clunky as hell, as you'd need to select the query, THEN select the button though, so ew. I might work something out w/ a template macro and attributes, so players can easily tweak custom macro settings by modifying the Attributes on their character sheet, but still, clunky as hell. I agree having the buttons in the chat is undesirable, but the roll query isn't perfect either. If we could have buttons in a popup like the roll query that would be the best option imo. Toothless the Night Fury said: What were ya guys planning to do with those query macros? For the 5E sheet, saves, checks, and skills are done, and soon weapons. Spells can't be done (currently), but I'm seeing if there's a workaround. xP We could very well replicate it, if not come pretty darn close to what you want to do. Text with inline rolls is super super easy. Use them? For spells (and other repeating sections) there are workarounds to create external buttons to reference a repeating section's attributes, but it often just errors out as repeating section attributes do not exist until they have been edited. The pathfinder sheet does this, but I don't really understand how it is expected to work unless every field is filled out. In the case of 5e that means every singly input, every single toggle, etc has to at least be altered once.

Edited 1439911034
Sun said: Are there any way to call a macro from&nbsp;a dropdown menu? I can not get this&nbsp;to work: &nbsp;?{Options|A, #ActionA|B, #ActionB} OH, sorry Mark, I was referencing this. xP
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Kryx said: Toothless the Night Fury said: It's clunky as hell, as you'd need to select the query, THEN select the button though, so ew. I might work something out w/ a template macro and attributes, so players can easily tweak custom macro settings by modifying the Attributes on their character sheet, but still, clunky as hell. I agree having the buttons in the chat is undesirable, but the roll query isn't perfect either. If we could have buttons in a popup like the roll query that would be the best option imo. It is actually possible to add buttons to handouts as seen in this thread . For example, ensure that Use window popouts for Characters is disabled, then try pasting the following into a handout (or the Bio & Info or GM Notes fields of a Character): &lt;a href="!&amp;#13;[Macro goes here.]"&gt;&lt;img src="<a href="https://app.roll20.net/images/quantumroll2.png&quot;&gt;&lt;/img&gt;&lt;/a" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/images/quantumroll2.png"&gt;&lt;/img&gt;&lt;/a</a>&gt;

Edited 1439919292
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I don't want them on the handout or sheet, but in a pop-up(modal) like the query.

Edited 1439930443
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Kryx said: Ya, I'd want one that uses the weapon off that bat. Repeating Melee Weapons. Made using material from 12th August sheet. Can do the same for other repeating lists pending feedback. The macro is not without some quirks; had to manually added an emote field (was never showing up). Reach is always displayed, but is at least fairly nonintrusive.
what i would like to see is something that is moderotly easy to set up that you can &nbsp;do stuff like making manuvers for a battle master and just clicking on a melee attack and having the option of useing it &nbsp;or setting up a little macro commander strike as an example what i was trying to do would crash the API and i could read what people were typeing but they couldnt read im sure it was a program error on my part.

Edited 1439929741
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Half of it doesn't work.

Edited 1439929337
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Redacting a statement regarding what I couldn't get to work; above post and gist updated accordingly.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You only have to make html elements out of the closing tags? Interesting. The problem with weapons is I can't use the sheet's toggles as the query breaks as soon as "}}" shows up. I don't think it's possible to use the sheet's toggles. You're not accessing any of the toggles.

Edited 1439932301
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Whoops, was also mistaken about the reach. Won't show up if the field is empty. Okay, I overlooked a handful ton of attributes for toggles...&nbsp; Oops. Adding in the attributes and fields represented by these, now: @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_toggle_emote} @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_toggle_attack} @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_toggle_crit} @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_toggle_reach} @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_toggle_damage} @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_toggle_alt_damage} @{repeating_weapons_melee_0_toggle_second_damage} By the way, have there been any changes to the weapon fields/attributes since the&nbsp;12th August sheet went live that I should be keeping in mind?

Edited 1439955139
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Okay. I've added in the following fields to Repeating Melee Weapons : {{action_alt_crit_damage=[[@{selected|repeating_weapons_melee_X_alt_dmg} + 0d0]]}} {{action_alt_crit_damage_adv=[[@{selected|repeating_weapons_melee_X_alt_dmg} + 0d0]]}} {{action_alt_damage=[[@{selected|repeating_weapons_melee_X_alt_dmg} + (@{selected|global_weapon_damage_bonus}) + 0d0]]}} {{action_alt_damage_reason=@{selected|repeating_weapons_melee_X_alt_dmg_reason}}} {{action_second_damage=[[@{selected|repeating_weapons_melee_X_second_dmg} + (@{selected|repeating_weapons_melee_X_second_dmg_bonus} * @{selected|repeating_weapons_melee_X_toggle_bonuses}) + 0d0]]}} {{action_second_damage_type=@{selected|repeating_weapons_melee_X_second_dmg_type}}} Hopefully, most (all?) of the previously-missed fields are now accounted for. Unfortunately, it's likely that a different method of toggling fields would have to be developed for an HTML-sensitive macro like this.
There quickly comes a point where accommodating ALL the content of the sheets becomes more trouble than it's worth to make a custom macro. For example, a typical attack macro for one of my PF characters would be the following; which offers prompts for Undead Bane kicking in, misc. attack modifiers and misc. damage modifiers. &{template:pf_attack} {{name=SilverFang (Undead Bane)}} {{attack=[[1d20cs&gt;18 + @{MYBAB}[BAB] +1[WeaponFocus]+ @{MYDEX}[Dex] + 1[WeaponBonus] + ?{AttackMod|0}[MiscBonus] + (?{Undead?|0} * 2)[Undead Bane] ]] vs AC}} {{damage=[[1d6 + @{MYDEX}[DEX] + 1[WeaponBonus] + ?{DamageMod|0}[MiscBonus] + (?{Undead?|0} * (2d6+2) )[Undead Bane] ]]}}{{crit_confirm=[[1d20 + @{MYBAB}[BAB] +1[WeaponFocus] + @{MYDEX}[Dex] + 1[WeaponBonus] + ?{AttackMod|0}[MiscBonus] + (?{Undead?|0} * 2)[Undead Bane] ]] vs AC}} {{crit_damage= [[ 1d6 + 1[WeaponBonus] + @{MYDEX}[DEX] + ?{DamageMod|0}[MiscBonus] + (?{Undead?|0} * 2 )[Undead Bane] ]] }} {{**BlindFight**=25%[[{1d4cs0cf0,1d4cs0cf0}kh1&gt;2]] 50%[[{1d2cs0cf0,1d2cs0cf0}kh1&gt;2]]}} &{template:pf_attack} {{name=Sneak Attack: @{MYSNEAKATTACK}d6 }}{{SneakAttack=[[@{MYSNEAKATTACK}d6]]}} {{+ [[ @{MYSNEAKATTACK}]] Bleed=**- **2 AC & Attack** }}
Hello everyone, I'm having a great time trolling through the 5e macros as I set up my first 5e game in Roll20. I'm attempting to use the macros listed in the Imgur link in post #1 or #2 in this thread, and I'm having a problem, as you'll see below; This is me attempting to use the first of benson-y's listed macros, .abiChr. I've got a PC token selected on the board and getting these errors. Now, I did have my players set up their characters originally in the 5e shaped character sheet, but I switched to the default template. It seems that everything carried over properly, but I'm wondering if that's caused an issue somewhere. Any suggestions as to what might be going on here? Thanks! Rob.
Silvyre
Forum Champion
Actoba's sheet does not use the d20_mod nor show_character_name Attributes. That said, if you delete those (and any other evidently missing attributes), Benson's macros should still function properly. Out of curiosity, what did you find lacking in the D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet?
Thanks for your answer. I'll look into editing them, however, I was under the impression that those macros were developed with the default 5e character sheet in mind. We didn't find anything particularly lacking, but we were finding that it wasn't particularly responsive. Second to that was my impression of how the majority of these macros were being developed. Was I wrong on that account?
Not necessarily, the Shaped sheet was originally based on Actoba's sheet so many of the attributes were the same, and some still are, but as time has progressed the shaped sheet has had more modifications and adjustments so the attributes don't match up as well. Most people will note which sheet the macros will work on in the post.&nbsp; I use the standard sheet and I note that in my posts, a few people have switched sheets so that may be confusing as well. &nbsp;Usually it only takes a few modification to make one work for the other as Silvyre has pointed out.&nbsp; Also this post covers many other game systems as well, not just 5e, it is just really popular at the moment.&nbsp; If you have any questions or problems we are all here to help. Happy gaming

Edited 1440059252
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
We really shouldn't discuss the 2 sheets in a thread about macros, but since we have I'd like to clarify a few things. I've updated the documentation for all of the added features on my sheet thread:&nbsp; [5e Shaped] D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet Ed S. said: as time has progressed the shaped sheet has had more modifications and adjustments so the attributes don't match up as well. This is largely not true. ~95% of attributes have retained the same name as I have purposefully left as many names unchanged as possible.&nbsp;The changes are documented on my thread, and here for clarification: Differences between this version and the default version: PCs remain mostly the same. Things that have changed: Armor Vision Spells need to have their attack/damage/etc buttons retoggled and will lose casting time and components in favor of the new sorting system. Roll template for spells is entirely changed to use the same system as weapons/actions, but that will only affect a subset of users. Class specific Expertise Jack of All Trades (retoggle it in 1 place) NPCs lose most everything, but you can use conversion/import scripts. Any further discussion should really be handled in a separate thread. @Rob As discussed most macros can easily adjust to either. From what I've seen most of the active forum users seem to have switched to Shaped. I'd be curious to understand what you mean by "it wasn't particularly responsive" - Maybe follow up in my thread if you think there is a bug or something that should be changed.
Kryx said: I'd be curious to understand what you mean by "it wasn't particularly responsive" - Maybe follow up in my thread if you think there is a bug or something that should be changed. @Kryx – done. I've posted in the shaped sheet thread. I think I need to learn a little more about macros and the attributes they call on. It seems daunting, but I'll tiger through. Rob.
Silvyre said: Actoba's sheet does not use the d20_mod nor show_character_name Attributes. That said, if you delete those (and any other evidently missing attributes), Benson's macros should still function properly. Out of curiosity, what did you find lacking in the D&D 5e Shaped Character Sheet? Another question – if the default 5e sheet does not use the d20_mod &nbsp;or show_character_name attributes, which sheet uses them?
I thought the 5E (Shaped) sheet did.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Shaped sheet does, indeed. D20_mod is currently used for Halfling Luck, though it may be used for other things eventually. "show_character_name" is used to allow some users who prefered that their character's name showed up on their actions. It's on the settings page.

Edited 1440103616
The responses above are correct Rob, just giving a confirmation from the creator to let ya know it's correct. ^^ And thanks! I'm glad they help out! I can tweak it later for use on the regular sheet as it isn't too much to do if ya find you can't figure it out yourself.