Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

A better way to organize pages.

+1. I have a terrible time finding that one map out of 50 that I need. Please make this happen. And in the mean time thanks for the workarounds I will be giving them a try.
Folders for the Page Toolbar would be extremely helpful.  I've wanted this for years.
From the looks of this thread it seems like everyone does!
Mostly just another nod in agreement because I'm running a city based Pathfinder RPG campaign at the moment and really like keeping the maps around in case the players decide to go back and visit a given location again in the future. Unfortunately, it means that my list of pages is growing and it's already a pain trying to drag the player bookmark over the correct page if they don't both fit on the screen at the same time.
+1, does anyone know if this is in the works at all?
So far I haven't received any official developer response on this but it keeps gaining up-votes and endorsing comments so, we'll see.
Definitely all for folders in the pages bar (especially for games like the one I've run off and on for almost 3 years now that spans multiple worlds).  For now I use the archive function to just hide ones that aren't in current use, pop up all the ones I think I'll need for the night and pull out new ones on the fly. Folders would make it so they are just always ready and organized by city/system/world. :)
Why not just put these in the right sidebar like the rest of the content as its own tab? Boo to horizontal scrolling..
+1  I would LOVE for my pages/maps to be accessible in a side-bar tab I could nest in folders like I can for all my other assets (Art Library, Journals, etc.)
yes please!!! we need this ASAP!
Jedd
KS Backer
Marketplace Creator
+1
As it stands the map pages serve best for short adventures with fewer locations. This suggestion is much needed, especially if I were to run an entire campaign from within the same "game". I really want folders for the pages so I can organize multiple adventures and several layers of maps within each title. 
D.H. Cross said: This suggestion is much needed, especially if I were to run an entire campaign from within the same "game". Yes, that's exactly why I made it. I and two other GM friends of mine have running long, complicated campaigns since 2013 and the maps and image pages begin to stack up. It would be nice to have folders and subfolders to quickly hop through our maps. We've all been wanting this for years now. That, and a vector arrow that scales as you zoom in and out.
+1+1+1+1+1++1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+ ! My pages count is over 9000 ! Just allow us to make some sub-folders, please ^^ !
+1
+1
Mr. Farlops said:  That, and a vector arrow that scales as you zoom in and out.  And for those of you seeking that one for upvotes: " The size of the distance measurement should scale with zoom levels " 
+1 for this suggestion.
Havoc
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Two years later and we are still waiting for this simple change/feature...
+1, need this badly.  I am making a very detailed campaign with a lot of maps and organized storage for map pages is an absolute must-have feature.  I will be upgrading to a Pro account when the campaign kicks off and would be overjoyed to see a feature such as this implemented in that time.
Dan
Plus
Sheet Author
+1 A better way to organize pages and move players from page to page would be the only missing thing I think roll20 really needs Everything else looks amazing
Dan said: +1 A better way to organize pages and move players from page to page would be the only missing thing I think roll20 really needs Everything else looks amazing I don't think it's too difficult to move players... BUT I caveat that with "if you didn't have to scroll thru loads & loads of pages to get to the one you need"  or "keep dragging the most recent/current map leftward among the frequently-used ones"
Dan
Plus
Sheet Author
Sabrina A. said: Dan said: +1 A better way to organize pages and move players from page to page would be the only missing thing I think roll20 really needs Everything else looks amazing I don't think it's too difficult to move players... BUT I caveat that with "if you didn't have to scroll thru loads & loads of pages to get to the one you need"  or "keep dragging the most recent/current map leftward among the frequently-used ones" So my current problem is when it scales to several maps, mostly due the fact I have them organized in order so that I can quickly find them. I have recently been pulling them to be within the window width as you mentioned, but when you try to move players from the home initial map into something that is visible only after scrolling a bit it is not easy. Not even sure how you could do it without a pad, like I can do in mac by clicking, holding, and scrolling with the other hand. It is not really a problem, there are workarounds to it but I feel this is part of the roll20 core functionally and I would gladly give my vote to this one in case they can afford resources to work on this. I mentioned moving players as well because it seems to be very related to page view / organization, for example if the way you see the maps changes you would drag it to somewhere else. Thus redesigning one would likely fix the other as well.
+1 to a tree view of GM Maps, sorted by folders, like the character sheets....
+1 Just look at Curse of Strahd - Finding the correct page in that is crazy difficult.
+1. I'm almost 60 sessions into my campaign and I desperately need to be able to organize these maps better.
+1, please do this.
The page feature in it's current state is unsatifactory. I have over 100 pages and it can be a nightmare swapping maps. Also, the pages in the transmorgrifier are also hard to find with no way to 'sort' them. 
Seb said: Also, the pages in the transmorgrifier are also hard to find with no way to 'sort' them.&nbsp; For that, I suggest upvoting this one:&nbsp;<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2487773/transmogrifier-add-search-and-sort-options" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/2487773/transmogrifier-add-search-and-sort-options</a>&nbsp;

Edited 1504565124
Just starting running Roll20 games, myself. &nbsp; This is the FIRST thing I went and searched for. &nbsp;Why is it this taking so long? In the meantime, can someone tell me how to use the "CSS" mentioned previously in the &nbsp;thread? EDIT: I figured it out, but the dropdown Pages screen cuts off about 15% into the second row.
@devTeam, is this being worked on? what is the news? it has been wanted for a couple years now.
JJ B. said: @devTeam, is this being worked on? what is the news? it has been wanted for a couple years now. The lack of news on such an essential feature is disgruntling
No timeline on this. We agree that this is useful functionality.

Edited 1505687982
OMG, yes. I would use all my points on this if I could. Scrolling across that bar becomes a nightmare when you have more than 10 pages or so. Ideally, it should be made into a page on the right sidebar where everything else is.&nbsp; As a stop-gap to make it a bit easier to use until something like that can be implemented, what would be great is if: 1) The bar stayed centered around the page you were currently on, instead of going right back to the start. When trying to make changes to a page's settings (ie. altering the dimensions, adjusting dynamic lighting settings, etc), it becomes really frustrating when you then have to scroll all the way through to where you were again&nbsp;whenever you check on the changes you just made 2) It was easier to move pages and the ribbon around, allowing them to be essentially cut-and-pasted rather then dragged across. Dragging the pages is cumbersome even when you only have a few, due to how slow the bar moves while dragging and the difficulties in placing a page exactly where you want it
So this two year old thread still gathers interest.The idea has been designated as "Long Term Development" but at least the developers are responding and paying attention. Hooray!
Just got a point back and putting it here. Now running Storm King's Thunder, chapter 3 makes needing this almost completely necessary to be playable. Right now, I'm getting around this by archiving and un-archiving content to keep it clean for the time being. It's been a challenge for sure. Folders would help a LOT.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
+1
Is there a thread or forum discussing what IS in developement?
How about tabs for a set of pages, at least it would help organizing by section
Tabs might be nice too, but what I want is folders, just like how characters and player notes are handled. Then I could dump a bunch of pages into folders labeled, for example, "Orc Villages," "Lovecraftian Ruins" or "Space Ranger Dive Bars." This gives me only a subset of pages/maps instead of the entire list of of pages I've created every, single, time!
Hi guys, just wanted to reiterate how great the solution with Stylish (or other addon of the same kind) is. I have slightly upgraded the script, here: #page-toolbar { height: 95%; background-color: #333; border: 1px solid #000; } #page-toolbar .container { height: 100%; } #page-toolbar .availablepage { float: left; font-weight: bold; font-size: 14px; } #page-toolbar .pages .availablepage img.pagethumb { margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; } #page-toolbar .pages .availablepage span { position: inherit; margin-top: 10px; font-size: small; white-space: normal; } #page-toolbar .pages .availablepage .duplicate { background-color: #C354E8; } And this is what it now looks like: It's working really well, with only 2 small issues: * Allocating the PCs to a page is a bit buggy, you can do it very easily, but it does not show the sticker being dragged. * Ordering the pages does not work really well in this configuration, but if you really need to do it, you can disable the stylish config for a short while and reorder. It has really changed my life although I admit that the solution is not perfect.
Andrew C
Marketplace Creator
Why can't they just be an item type like a Handout or Chatacter?
For those interested, I just noticed this was turned into a "Long Term Project".&nbsp; So...awesome!
Thumbs up here!
+1 OMG! Please implement this. Curse of Strahd alone has several dozen pages and finding them at a moments notice is a total NIGHTMARE.
As a GM who uses tons and tons of maps I upvote this feature with both hands.&nbsp; Need.
+1 Please... PLEASE add this functionality. Having to sort through 50+ maps is SO annoying...

Edited 1510409264
+1, definitely a necessary feature. Btw does anyone know where we can add the code to expand the page toolbar? I've no experience modifying page coding. EDIT: HUGE discovery! I just found that if you pick up the player banner on the page toolbar, you can use the arrow keys to scroll left and right through your maps. The visual player banner won't follow your cursor exactly, but will still land on whatever map you release over!
Gold said: Some folders are coming in the next major Roll20 update, but not on the Pages section as far as I know. I believe there has been some talk about an upgrade to Pages but I don't know when it is coming or what it would look like. I do agree that Pages is tricky to use once you have more than 5 to 8 pages (and I have around 20, and it's hard to reach the far pages, lots of dragging and scrolling). Note: There is an unofficial workaround, that's posted on the forums somewhere. I believe The Aaron wrote it or knows how to explain it. It's a code you can put in your browser URL which will open the Pages bar as nearly a full screen with multiple rows, instead of all the Pages on one long row that you have to scroll. Again unfortunately I don't recall the exact link or how to find that, but if you search and scour the forums, it exists. EDITED LATER TO ADD: Here is a workaround method developed by another user, posted on the General forum, Fullscreen Page Bar <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1818695/fullscre" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1818695/fullscre</a>... Why has this not been implemented? I am personally getting disgruntled -- can we get other people chiming in, this is one of the most upvoted needs and it appears to be completely ignored or am I missing something? I don't want to use some 3rd party script, I want the devs whose product i consume to put in some coding time to fix a vital feature i use regularly.&nbsp; Sorry, but this is just getting annoying. I would like some NEW response from the dev team.