Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

5th Edition OGL v. 2.4

Edited 1547492038
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hello! This morning, we pushed a character sheet update (v. 2.4) for the 5e OGL which should fix a number of issues with spellcasting: NPC DC set to 0 Wrong Ability score being used for spells NPCs weren't being prompted for higher level spellcasting Concentration was not being applied correctly (this was fixed last week, but went unmentioned). (Update July 31, 2018) Global modifiers now only apply if they are shown, and when you delete them, they will no longer apply. Known Issues (Please read!) We have some outstanding known issues specific to spellcasting and the 5e OGL sheet: NPCs from the compendium and modules currently have additional modifiers to hit or to spell DCs; these will be fixed in the future, though we do not have an ETA for how soon. NPCs typically have their DC and to-hit numbers listed in the character description, so if you click to roll and the number seems high, check the character's settings as described below in " How to Fix It ." Cantrips do not currently have their level progression set properly. These will also be fixed in the future, but if you dragged a cantrip onto a character in the last 3-4 weeks, you might need to update it manually. The "At Higher Level" section in spells is being moved into a new part of the template. Until the spellcard template is updated, the "At Higher Level" information might not appear in the spellcard. It will still display in the spell description text. Please note that in some cases, you will need to re-set your characters' spellcasting attributes manually. This is especially true if the following conditions apply: You opened the character between the June 26 release of the character sheet and July 3, when we pushed an update that stopped the error from happening. You have a custom NPC whose spellcasting attribute is not set or is set to None. Here's what happened: When we rolled out the updated 5e OGL Character Sheet, opening a character sheet resulted in an error that deleted the spellcasting attribute for that character. For spellcasters, obviously, that's a significant problem. We pushed an update that stopped this from happening, but the data was already lost. For most PC spellcasters, this won't be a problem, because the character sheet will figure out what your spellcasting ability is based on your class. But if you want to be on the safe side, you can manually fix it. That's especially true if you have a multi-classed character with different spellcasting ability scores, or a high elf or similar race with spells that use a separate ability score. How to Fix it: Open your NPC character sheet and check which ability score it should be using. Click the gear icon to open the character's settings. Scroll down to the Spellcasting NPC checkbox and make sure the Spellcasting Ability is set correctly. While you're there, if there's a spellcasting modifier to hit or DC, make sure that's correct. For PCs: Check the Spellcasting drop-down at the top of the spells sheet and set it to your main spellcasting ability (whatever the majority of your spells use by default). Click the gear icon next to an individual spell that may be from a different source (such as racial or multi-classes) and select the ability score to use for that individual spell. For other Known Issues (like global modifiers always applying), I'll be combing through the previous thread, but if you can double check and see if those issues are now fixed and report here if you're still having problems, it would help me in prioritizing the bugs. Patch notes for v. 2.3 are here . With the release of v2.6 of the sheet, this thread is closed. Please continue the conversation and feedback in the new thread .

Edited 1532014735
Where is the best place to ask for enhancements to the 5e OGL Character Sheet? All of the new sheets, and a few community ones all have some really nice features that the current OGL sheet is missing. Conditions Many character sheets have this somewhere including the Shaped Sheet, Pathfinder and Startfinder. The shaped sheet does an awesome job with the descriptions being a tooltip. I'd be happy enough with a link to the compendium entry. Macros for common forms of information, like Skills, Saves, Attacks, etc. Again, this is a case where the Shaped and the Starfinder sheet have these options. I absolutely love these, especially if I can create token actions that reference them with %{selected|skills} or something along those lines. Linked Compendium Entries Likewise, I just noticed that the new Official Pathfinder sheet links items from the Compendium in the character sheet to their Compendium Entries. This is really awesome, and something I would love to see. I know there's a lot going on now, especially after the Charactermancer. These have just long been a wish that I see on other character sheets that seem to add a little extra.
Stephanie B. said: Hello! This morning, we pushed a character sheet update (v. 2.4) for the 5e OGL which should fix a number of issues with spellcasting: NPC DC set to 0 Wrong Ability score being used for spells NPCs weren't being prompted for higher level spellcasting Concentration was not being applied correctly (this was fixed last week, but went unmentioned) This also affected PCs, but was not fixed - have to manually set the VALUE of the stat to calculate save DC, and spell attack if single-classed as nowhere can you set the spellcasting stat!  Issue noted yesterday (21 hours ago) but not reported as just resigned to having to manually fix so much these days.
Further to this:- attribute spellcasting_ability is set to @{wisdom_mod}+ which I would think is right for a Cleric.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, Jim! The spellcasting ability score is shown at the top of the spells tab on the character sheet. If you click it, you can select which stat is used for spellcasting. Is that not working for you? Jim W. said: This also affected PCs, but was not fixed - have to manually set the VALUE of the stat to calculate save DC, and spell attack if single-classed as nowhere can you set the spellcasting stat!  Issue noted yesterday (21 hours ago) but not reported as just resigned to having to manually fix so much these days.
Was already set correctly, so set to None and back to Wisdom which fixed the issue.  Odd since fault occurred between closing sheet on 5th July and opening on19th July.

Edited 1532213571
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Jerry W. said (elsewhere): While I appreciate roll20 trying to help you out by auto-filling fields for me, when you raise dexterity, could it not reset the armor class as just natural armor plus dexterity bonus because my players have been wondering what happened to their armor class after leveling up. Thanks.
So my formatting was all sorts of screwed up and now my players sheets look like this mess im on pc on google chrome idk what to do <a href="https://gyazo.com/837d5c324abebaa0cd894ef2ebfe62c0" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/837d5c324abebaa0cd894ef2ebfe62c0</a>
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
LadyCat said (elsewhere): I'm a player in a game using the OGL sheet at the moment. I logged in today and noticed this was happening on the sheet: &nbsp;even though the modifier is correct.&nbsp; I didn't see anything in the sheet config that could be causing this, but I might be missing something. Is there something that I could be doing wrong for this bug to occur?
Alice said: So my formatting was all sorts of screwed up and now my players sheets look like this mess im on pc on google chrome idk what to do <a href="https://gyazo.com/837d5c324abebaa0cd894ef2ebfe62c0" rel="nofollow">https://gyazo.com/837d5c324abebaa0cd894ef2ebfe62c0</a> Try resetting your browser's zoom level to 100% (Ctrl-0 will do this on Google Chrome).
Is there any chance of getting the documentation for the 5e OGL Character Sheet updated to include all of the built in macros, attributes and repeating section attributes? I'm guessing there's a fair number of people that aren't even aware they are there. The Shaped Sheet has done a great job of documenting this on their sheet .
Is there a way to turn off the "Has An Attack" of a weapon with a macro? I want to be able to control whether a specific item has a +1 bonus to attack rolls and damage (as per the blessing of the forge D&amp;D 5e) and i figure the best way is to create a duplicate weapon with the bonus that I activate or deactivate

Edited 1532383205
You could use Global Variables to do this, or as you stated a second attack. To enable Global Modifiers go to the Options for the Sheet and enable the checkboxes shown below. Then you will need to create both a Global Attack Modifier and a Global Damage Modifier. The output will look like the following.
I was wondering if there is a way that, by using the OLG Character sheets, I could add a 'query' into the global saving throw modifier box on each players sheet? This is because we have a Paladin in the group with 'Aura of Protection'. I was thinking of something like... ?{Are you within 10ft of the Paladin?|Yes,3 |No,0} I've tried it, hoping that the query would pop up when a player clicked any saving throw... but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. I know I could make an entire set of Ability Check macros, but I'd like the players to continue 'rolling from their sheet' to avoid confusion for the less technically minded players.
godthedj said: I was wondering if there is a way that, by using the OLG Character sheets, I could add a 'query' into the global saving throw modifier box on each players sheet? This is because we have a Paladin in the group with 'Aura of Protection'. I was thinking of something like... ?{Are you within 10ft of the Paladin?|Yes,3 |No,0} I've tried it, hoping that the query would pop up when a player clicked any saving throw... but unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. I know I could make an entire set of Ability Check macros, but I'd like the players to continue 'rolling from their sheet' to avoid confusion for the less technically minded players. That is meant to be one of the benefits of the Global saving throw modifiers. Can you verify that you had the modifier checked on the CORE page?

Edited 1532423809
Nope! - Let me give that a try :) EDIT: ooh! - It works. The front of their sheet looks a teenie bit more messy, but it works! - Thanks!
godthedj said: Nope! - Let me give that a try :) EDIT: ooh! - It works. The front of their sheet looks a teenie bit more messy, but it works! - Thanks! Now that you have it working, you can uncheck the display setting in the Character Settings (the cog wheel page). It will make it invisible on the CORE page, but still use it if the global save modifier box was checked.
Sorry if this is a known issue, but I didn't see it immediately when I checked the forums..&nbsp; When I tested spells I added to an NPC's stat block, it keeps adding a Sneak Attack global damage modifier.&nbsp; DC and everything are calculating correctly, but I can't figure out where the global modifier is coming from/how to turn it off...
Sorry if this is a known issue, but I didn't see it immediately when I checked the forums. (I liked it and copied :)) The subrace was supposed to work as the subclass? Because today it is not seeming to. Please check picture below. Thx.
Sorry if this is a known issue, but I didn't see it immediately when I checked the forums..&nbsp; When I tested spells I added to an NPC's stat block, it keeps adding a Sneak Attack global damage modifier.&nbsp; DC and everything are calculating correctly, but I can't figure out where the global modifier is coming from/how to turn it off... From what I recently just learned, if you have a global modifier 'checked' and then you disable it in the settings. The modifier stays but it's hidden. If you go into you settings (cog symbol) and enable the global modifiers again, you'll see it on your CORE page. Simply untick it, and then disable it again. - Hope that makes sense. On my phone so sending a screenshot it a bit awkward.
godthedj said: Sorry if this is a known issue, but I didn't see it immediately when I checked the forums..&nbsp; When I tested spells I added to an NPC's stat block, it keeps adding a Sneak Attack global damage modifier.&nbsp; DC and everything are calculating correctly, but I can't figure out where the global modifier is coming from/how to turn it off... From what I recently just learned, if you have a global modifier 'checked' and then you disable it in the settings. The modifier stays but it's hidden. If you go into you settings (cog symbol) and enable the global modifiers again, you'll see it on your CORE page. Simply untick it, and then disable it again. - Hope that makes sense. On my phone so sending a screenshot it a bit awkward. To add to this, this setting is on the PC character sheet, but can still affect the NPC character sheet if it is set. I think there is a bug that is automatically checking these fields regardless of PC vs NPC. So in order to fix this manually, you will need to change the character sheet to the PC sheet, THEN check the setting to display the modifier, uncheck the modifier on the CORE page, and change the character sheet back to the NPC character sheet.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
We're aware of the global modifiers working even if they're not being displayed on the Core tab of the character sheet. I see how that'd not be the expected interaction. In the next update we'll change the behavior so that if the global modifier repeating sections aren't displayed, then they also won't be applied to rolls.
Alvaro T. said: Sorry if this is a known issue, but I didn't see it immediately when I checked the forums. (I liked it and copied :)) The subrace was supposed to work as the subclass? Because today it is not seeming to. Please check picture below. Thx. I noted this in the previous thread but haven't heard anything since.
Any chance of adding a toggle to disable auto-adding spells to the 'Attacks &amp; Spellcasting' section? As a druid/cleric this section is constantly full of spells I don't have prepared that day I also find it more beneficial to cast directly from my spell page as that's where my available spell slots are listed.
Having an issue with all NPCs when rolling dice, they are in fact rolling double the dice they are supposed to be rolling. ie, when attacking the dice rolls are x2 20 sided and x2 (damage dice). Never roll advantage is unchecked as well auto critical damage rolls.
Greg A. said: Having an issue with all NPCs when rolling dice, they are in fact rolling double the dice they are supposed to be rolling. ie, when attacking the dice rolls are x2 20 sided and x2 (damage dice). Never roll advantage is unchecked as well auto critical damage rolls. Can you post some screenshots of the settings you have set as well as the output to the Chat Window?
Replying in the hopes of getting a solution to the question I'd asked in a separate thread that was reposted by GenKitty in this thread. Still haven't been able to fix the issue.
Kyle G. said: Greg A. said: Having an issue with all NPCs when rolling dice, they are in fact rolling double the dice they are supposed to be rolling. ie, when attacking the dice rolls are x2 20 sided and x2 (damage dice). Never roll advantage is unchecked as well auto critical damage rolls. Can you post some screenshots of the settings you have set as well as the output to the Chat Window? Nope, but I can tell you that the results are for a single roll and as I have said the "Never Roll Advantage" and "Roll for Auto Critical Damage" are both disabled.&nbsp; But, I fixed it by NOT using 5th Edition OGL. 5th Edition (Shaped) works much better.
Greg A. said: Kyle G. said: Greg A. said: Having an issue with all NPCs when rolling dice, they are in fact rolling double the dice they are supposed to be rolling. ie, when attacking the dice rolls are x2 20 sided and x2 (damage dice). Never roll advantage is unchecked as well auto critical damage rolls. Can you post some screenshots of the settings you have set as well as the output to the Chat Window? Nope, but I can tell you that the results are for a single roll and as I have said the "Never Roll Advantage" and "Roll for Auto Critical Damage" are both disabled.&nbsp; But, I fixed it by NOT using 5th Edition OGL. 5th Edition (Shaped) works much better. Did you by chance change the settings in the Game Settings (outside the VTT) and not click the Apply Default Settings button in the Player Settings (inside the VTT all the way at the bottom of the window of the far right tab of the Chat Window)?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
LadyCat said: Replying in the hopes of getting a solution to the question I'd asked in a separate thread that was reposted by GenKitty in this thread. Still haven't been able to fix the issue. My first instinct is that you have some kind of concantination issue but I don't know what it would be. Additionally you've got magic items in your inventory applying magical buffs to your attributes too. I'm unaware of anything in normal use that would cause your situation. With your permission I will go check out your game and investigate. DM me the name of your game and the name of the character having issues.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Luke said: Any chance of adding a toggle to disable auto-adding spells to the 'Attacks &amp; Spellcasting' section? As a druid/cleric this section is constantly full of spells I don't have prepared that day I also find it more beneficial to cast directly from my spell page as that's where my available spell slots are listed. Not any time soon. This is an intentional design decision to try and prevent divine spellcasters from adding every spell in the compendium to their character sheets, instead of the ones they're likely to use. Lots of data in the game slows it down for everyone playing. One of the easiest ways to bloat a game is characters with lots of repeating data sections, like spells. Until we redesign how spells work and are able to greatly reduce the amount of character data required to cast the spell, this isn't going to change.
We're aware of the global modifiers working even if they're not being displayed on the Core tab of the character sheet. I see how that'd not be the expected interaction. In the next update we'll change the behavior so that if the global modifier repeating sections aren't displayed, then they also won't be applied to rolls. I kinda like the fact that you can setup a bunch of global modifier and then hide them. - I'd prefer it if you kept it the way it was, maybe with a little explaining that if you want to disable a modifier, simply untick it, not try and hide the box.
Steve K. said: Luke said: Any chance of adding a toggle to disable auto-adding spells to the 'Attacks &amp; Spellcasting' section? As a druid/cleric this section is constantly full of spells I don't have prepared that day I also find it more beneficial to cast directly from my spell page as that's where my available spell slots are listed. Not any time soon. This is an intentional design decision to try and prevent divine spellcasters from adding every spell in the compendium to their character sheets, instead of the ones they're likely to use. Lots of data in the game slows it down for everyone playing. One of the easiest ways to bloat a game is characters with lots of repeating data sections, like spells. Until we redesign how spells work and are able to greatly reduce the amount of character data required to cast the spell, this isn't going to change. That seems extremely unintuitive, especially since there isn't any kind of warning that adding all your available spells to your sheet can drastically affect everyone's game. Why not cap the number of spells you can pull onto the sheet instead? If like you say most people prepare the same few spells why not cap it at the number of spell slots + 1-2 extras per slot level? Then you won't get people like me unintentionally slowing their whole game down and getting frustrated.
Kyle G. said: Greg A. said: Kyle G. said: Greg A. said: Having an issue with all NPCs when rolling dice, they are in fact rolling double the dice they are supposed to be rolling. ie, when attacking the dice rolls are x2 20 sided and x2 (damage dice). Never roll advantage is unchecked as well auto critical damage rolls. Can you post some screenshots of the settings you have set as well as the output to the Chat Window? Nope, but I can tell you that the results are for a single roll and as I have said the "Never Roll Advantage" and "Roll for Auto Critical Damage" are both disabled.&nbsp; But, I fixed it by NOT using 5th Edition OGL. 5th Edition (Shaped) works much better. Did you by chance change the settings in the Game Settings (outside the VTT) and not click the Apply Default Settings button in the Player Settings (inside the VTT all the way at the bottom of the window of the far right tab of the Chat Window)? I found the setting I needed to change in-game, however it still rolls two damage dice, which I assume is the "Auto Damage Roll" option. It would be nice to have the option to just roll normal damage, but it's either "Auto Roll Damage &amp; Crit" OR "Don't Roll Damage".
Greg A. said: Kyle G. said: Greg A. said: Kyle G. said: Greg A. said: Having an issue with all NPCs when rolling dice, they are in fact rolling double the dice they are supposed to be rolling. ie, when attacking the dice rolls are x2 20 sided and x2 (damage dice). Never roll advantage is unchecked as well auto critical damage rolls. Can you post some screenshots of the settings you have set as well as the output to the Chat Window? Nope, but I can tell you that the results are for a single roll and as I have said the "Never Roll Advantage" and "Roll for Auto Critical Damage" are both disabled.&nbsp; But, I fixed it by NOT using 5th Edition OGL. 5th Edition (Shaped) works much better. Did you by chance change the settings in the Game Settings (outside the VTT) and not click the Apply Default Settings button in the Player Settings (inside the VTT all the way at the bottom of the window of the far right tab of the Chat Window)? I found the setting I needed to change in-game, however it still rolls two damage dice, which I assume is the "Auto Damage Roll" option. It would be nice to have the option to just roll normal damage, but it's either "Auto Roll Damage &amp; Crit" OR "Don't Roll Damage". The Crit damage is only shown if character rolled a critical hit for the attack. If it wasn't a crit, no critical hit damage is shown, only the normal damage.
Kyle G. said: Greg A. said: Kyle G. said: Greg A. said: Kyle G. said: Greg A. said: Having an issue with all NPCs when rolling dice, they are in fact rolling double the dice they are supposed to be rolling. ie, when attacking the dice rolls are x2 20 sided and x2 (damage dice). Never roll advantage is unchecked as well auto critical damage rolls. Can you post some screenshots of the settings you have set as well as the output to the Chat Window? Nope, but I can tell you that the results are for a single roll and as I have said the "Never Roll Advantage" and "Roll for Auto Critical Damage" are both disabled.&nbsp; But, I fixed it by NOT using 5th Edition OGL. 5th Edition (Shaped) works much better. Did you by chance change the settings in the Game Settings (outside the VTT) and not click the Apply Default Settings button in the Player Settings (inside the VTT all the way at the bottom of the window of the far right tab of the Chat Window)? I found the setting I needed to change in-game, however it still rolls two damage dice, which I assume is the "Auto Damage Roll" option. It would be nice to have the option to just roll normal damage, but it's either "Auto Roll Damage &amp; Crit" OR "Don't Roll Damage". The Crit damage is only shown if character rolled a critical hit for the attack. If it wasn't a crit, no critical hit damage is shown, only the normal damage. Yes. I know.
Steve K.&nbsp; Potentially another reason to have a crit field in the Global Damage Modifier section. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6625721/5e-ogl-removing-crit-from-global-damage" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6625721/5e-ogl-removing-crit-from-global-damage</a>
Issue with trying to set up a new character, when i go to finalize changes it gets locked into adding your subraces, tried multiple different races on multiple games and same thing.
Are you possibly using a race/subrace that is in the Player's Handbook but you do not own or has access to the PHB through Roll20's compendium?
Kyle G. said: Are you possibly using a race/subrace that is in the Player's Handbook but you do not own or has access to the PHB through Roll20's compendium? I've tried multiple PHB races, I don't have the PHB but yesterday i was testing it out and it went through without a hitch
TheScotsmanWho said: Kyle G. said: Are you possibly using a race/subrace that is in the Player's Handbook but you do not own or has access to the PHB through Roll20's compendium? I've tried multiple PHB races, I don't have the PHB but yesterday i was testing it out and it went through without a hitch There was once a problem where using an actual race/subrace from the book caused a problem when you didn't have access to it in the compendium. For this the fix was to give it a different name. Even simply putting - Custom &nbsp;on the end worked.
Kyle G. said: TheScotsmanWho said: Kyle G. said: Are you possibly using a race/subrace that is in the Player's Handbook but you do not own or has access to the PHB through Roll20's compendium? I've tried multiple PHB races, I don't have the PHB but yesterday i was testing it out and it went through without a hitch There was once a problem where using an actual race/subrace from the book caused a problem when you didn't have access to it in the compendium. For this the fix was to give it a different name. Even simply putting - Custom &nbsp;on the end worked. I tried that as well, i found a way to fix it, issue was the background, it wasn't accepting having a custom background so the moment i changed it to acolyte it went through
Hi there guys, thanks for the awesome character sheet! I was wondering if there is a way currently on the sheet to add bonus die rolls to specific ability checks. For instance, adding 1d4 to all Athletics checks but not all skill checks in general. I tried entering 1d4 into the flat bonus field on the settings tab, but it didn't seem to register. Is there a way to make this work? Thanks!
Connor said: Hi there guys, thanks for the awesome character sheet! I was wondering if there is a way currently on the sheet to add bonus die rolls to specific ability checks. For instance, adding 1d4 to all Athletics checks but not all skill checks in general. I tried entering 1d4 into the flat bonus field on the settings tab, but it didn't seem to register. Is there a way to make this work? Thanks! Unfortunately it is only possible to do this using flat numbers, not die rolls. The only current solution would be to put a global skill modifier for this and only have it checked when making an Athletics check.

Edited 1532942954
Connor - If you're anything like me, you'll probably forget to tick the box each time, one way, it's far from ideal, might be to add a prompt.... Just make sure the 'Show Global Skill modifier' box is ticked, and then on the core page, in the global Skill modifier box - Add the following code... ?{Is this an Athletic check?|No,0 |Yes,1D4&nbsp;} The default response is 'No' so most of the time you would just quickly click 'ok' when the rolling a check - But when you DO want to roll, it comes out looking like this.... &nbsp;
Sorry guys, this is the first time I am using the forum so I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am having trouble with the Character sheet/API. As I setting up the ammo tracking for my short bow, after serveral tries the attack doesnt lower the ammo count and I am not sure what when wrong? g.
Rash said: Sorry guys, this is the first time I am using the forum so I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am having trouble with the Character sheet/API. As I setting up the ammo tracking for my short bow, after serveral tries the attack doesnt lower the ammo count and I am not sure what when wrong? Does the creator of the game have an active PRO subscription and the 5e OGL Companion script installed? API can only be used in games whos creator has an active Pro subscription. If yes, did you put the ID next to the Ammunition name, or did the script do that?
godthedj said: Connor - If you're anything like me, you'll probably forget to tick the box each time, one way, it's far from ideal, might be to add a prompt.... Just make sure the 'Show Global Skill modifier' box is ticked, and then on the core page, in the global Skill modifier box - Add the following code... ?{Is this an Athletic check?|No,0 |Yes,1D4&nbsp;} The default response is 'No' so most of the time you would just quickly click 'ok' when the rolling a check - But when you DO want to roll, it comes out looking like this.... &nbsp; This is quite clever! I didn't think of using the modifiers this way!

Edited 1532963168
Rash
Plus
Kyle G. said: Rash said: Sorry guys, this is the first time I am using the forum so I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am having trouble with the Character sheet/API. As I setting up the ammo tracking for my short bow, after serveral tries the attack doesnt lower the ammo count and I am not sure what when wrong? Does the creator of the game have an active PRO subscription and the 5e OGL Companion script installed? API can only be used in games whos creator has an active Pro subscription. If yes, did you put the ID next to the Ammunition name, or did the script do that? I beleive so, because the ammo was working for awhile, but what I now notice that after make some character sheet changes, "the other_resource_itemid" for the arrows changes to something else and after deleting the item and adding them again. The Shortbow doesnt re-register the arrow as valid resource (the script didnt put the new id for me)&gt; I will clearify what happened -given new chara sheet -sort everything out and test ammo tracking and it works -do other character stuff like add plot item and extra clothes -test ammo again and it fails even though there was an Item ID next the "Arrows" -remove and add Item again but this time the sheet doesnt add the ID next the Arrows in ammo. Heck putting the ID next to the Ammunition name myself doesnt work
Rash said: Kyle G. said: Rash said: Sorry guys, this is the first time I am using the forum so I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am having trouble with the Character sheet/API. As I setting up the ammo tracking for my short bow, after serveral tries the attack doesnt lower the ammo count and I am not sure what when wrong? Does the creator of the game have an active PRO subscription and the 5e OGL Companion script installed? API can only be used in games whos creator has an active Pro subscription. If yes, did you put the ID next to the Ammunition name, or did the script do that? I beleive so, because the ammo was working for awhile, but what I now notice that after make some character sheet changes, "the other_resource_itemid" for the arrows changes to something else and after deleting the item and adding them again. The Shortbow doesnt re-register the arrow as valid resource (the script didnt put the new id for me)&gt; I will clearify what happened -given new chara sheet -sort everything out and test ammo tracking and it works -do other character stuff like add plot item and extra clothes -test ammo again and it fails even though there was an Item ID next the "Arrows" -remove and add Item again but this time the sheet doesnt add the ID next the Arrows in ammo. Heck putting the ID next to the Ammunition name myself doesnt work The script will find the ID for the item if none is provided in the ammo section of the attack. If you are removing and readding the item Arrows to the character sheet, this will invalidate the ammo sections that use the item since the new Arrows item will have a new ID. If you remove the ID from the ammo section for the attack (simply make this section "Arrows") and then click the attack button, this should fix the problem and update the ID for this ammo section. Let me know if it still doesn't work.
Kyle G. said: Rash said: Kyle G. said: Rash said: Sorry guys, this is the first time I am using the forum so I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but I am having trouble with the Character sheet/API. As I setting up the ammo tracking for my short bow, after serveral tries the attack doesnt lower the ammo count and I am not sure what when wrong? Does the creator of the game have an active PRO subscription and the 5e OGL Companion script installed? API can only be used in games whos creator has an active Pro subscription. If yes, did you put the ID next to the Ammunition name, or did the script do that? I beleive so, because the ammo was working for awhile, but what I now notice that after make some character sheet changes, "the other_resource_itemid" for the arrows changes to something else and after deleting the item and adding them again. The Shortbow doesnt re-register the arrow as valid resource (the script didnt put the new id for me)&gt; I will clearify what happened -given new chara sheet -sort everything out and test ammo tracking and it works -do other character stuff like add plot item and extra clothes -test ammo again and it fails even though there was an Item ID next the "Arrows" -remove and add Item again but this time the sheet doesnt add the ID next the Arrows in ammo. Heck putting the ID next to the Ammunition name myself doesnt work The script will find the ID for the item if none is provided in the ammo section of the attack. If you are removing and readding the item Arrows to the character sheet, this will invalidate the ammo sections that use the item since the new Arrows item will have a new ID. If you remove the ID from the ammo section for the attack (simply make this section "Arrows") and then click the attack button, this should fix the problem and update the ID for this ammo section. Let me know if it still doesn't work. Using a new Shortbow and a new arrow item, and addin the ammo section with "Arrows" and then attacking gives me nothing. ps: my HotDQ is saying "Compendium sharing has been removed from this game." will this have an effect as a player?